PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Eugene Oregon?

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 10:51 PM
I might be heading out there for awhile (depending upon circumstances a few months to maybe half a year) to stay with a semi-reclusive friend and drag him out into the daylight.

So I was curious if anyone was familiar with the area in order to help get a feel for the land and notable locales.

Keld Denar
2009-08-09, 11:16 PM
I'm up in Seattle (kinda), if you feel like coming up. Depends on what time frame you are looking at. I'm at work till the 22nd and I got on vacation on the 24th, but I'll be in on the 23rd. I have crash space in my apartment and there is a killer bar within stumbling distance. Sunday nights are 1/2 off EVERYTHING!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Its just a straight shot up I-5, looks like, but unfortuantely Mapquest shows an aproximate travel duration of just south of 5 hours...and thats assuming you don't hit Portland or Seattle rush hours...

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 11:19 PM
haha, well, thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it after November when I turn 21 if things allow for it and I actually make it out there. (Still a bit of uncertainty as to whether I'll make it out there)

Unfortunately he's 20 until January, like, 20th or something. Maybe 15th.

Keld Denar
2009-08-09, 11:29 PM
November would work. I go back to work on the 2nd of Dec for pretty much the whole rest of that month. January is pretty open too, at the beginning. If you make it that far north, there's a cold Mac & Jack's African Amber for ya if ya want it.

Mmmmmm tasty.

Pyrian
2009-08-09, 11:35 PM
If you do head up from Eugene towards Seattle, stop at the Honeywood Winery (http://www.honeywoodwinery.com/) in Salem, OR, for some Blackberry Mead (http://honeywoodwinery.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=101).

You'd think with all the time I've spent in Eugene I'd have more to say about it. :smallconfused: If you like waterfalls, definitely check out Salt Creek Falls and Sweet Creek Falls (each is about an hour out of town, though).

Coidzor
2009-08-10, 01:19 AM
So a pretty boring locality, all told, eh?

Muz
2009-08-10, 03:27 AM
Eat at Bubba's. Try the chocolate shakes and the deep fried pickles. :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-08-10, 03:33 AM
I do appreciate a nice deep fried pickle.

Dragonrider
2009-08-10, 10:33 AM
So a pretty boring locality, all told, eh?

I consider it a pretty happening place, but I'm from the boondocks, so that's not exactly an unbiased opinion. :smalltongue: I spent two days there with my dad last fall, when I was looking at the University of Oregon, and it's got a great downtown...especially if you like little shops and restaurants. I wish I could remember the name of the place we ate...it was a sandwich shop and the guy there made the food each day from whatever he had on hand, so the soup of the day was pumpkin chicken. And was really very good.

Crispy Dave
2009-08-10, 10:51 AM
I might be heading out there for awhile (depending upon circumstances a few months to maybe half a year) to stay with a semi-reclusive friend and drag him out into the daylight.

So I was curious if anyone was familiar with the area in order to help get a feel for the land and notable locales.

It's a pretty nice place. I live about 100 miles north around Portland. Around Eugene. Don't know much about places around the town if you were wondering where to drag your friend to.

Totally Guy
2009-08-10, 12:19 PM
Anyone familiar with Eugene Oregon?

Yeah, he owes me dinner after he lost a bet but then he moved away.:smalltongue: