PDA

View Full Version : The Isle of Sahu (Good Party)

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:02 PM
Zaric, Caeric, and Adem:

As you push open the northern most door, you look into a truely massive room, the other end spanning at least 80 feet away from you. Immediately to your left, and in the center of the room stands a 15 foot tall marble statue. The statue is depicted as a male, wearing a hood, and what looks to be leather armors, but it is hard to tell with all the Ivory white. It's left hand rises high into the air, and around it, an orb of fire circles it's wrist, while it's other hand is sits at his side, his fingers balled up in a fist.

You also notice, in front of that statue, Kelsin stands there, speaking idly with Ivan, as if they were waiting for you all along. You do not see Arzimon anywhere.

Ivan and Kelsin:

From out of now where, on the south wall, a door that was not there before opens up, and reveals the familiar face of Zaric staring out into the room. Behind him, you can see the outlines of Adem and Caeric.

Final Room (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=FinalRoom.jpg) The green box is where Ivan and Kelsin are.

This is what that statue looks like from the eyes of your PC:

Statue 4 (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good Party Maps/?action=view&current=Riddle4.jpg)

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:06 PM
Hey, guess you guys finally made it. Hopefully you didn't get hurt too badly; we had a bit of a run in with some constructs and some lightning traps. Ouch. What all did you guys find?

You notice that, as Kelsin is saying this, he points to a few burn marks on his armor caused by the lightning/fire.

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 09:08 PM
"Where is the elf?" Adem ask before moving with the others to join the rest. He is still reading the book he has but watches were he walks. "He did not die did he?"

tiny tim
2009-08-11, 09:11 PM
We do not know. He just stormed off after our most recent battle. So, what did you guys get up to?

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:12 PM
Yeah, Arzimon kind of went crazy. There was the one time with the cube-thing he kept trying to fire my sling without picking it up, and he tried to bash an unmoving golem while a different construct charged Arzimon. Then he left. We've got a little bet going; I say we're going to find him dead by the time we get back, probably trying to attack Tashdak.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 09:14 PM
Well, we found all sorts of odd items. We're looking for a puzzle they're supposed to be used on Caeric will say, holding up a rod and pointing at the wraps around his wrists and fists

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:18 PM
Tell me, did you find an arrow and a thread or piece of twine of some sort? I'm certain those were the answers to two of the riddles those statues gave us - we solved the other two - but we didn't have the items for those riddles.

Kelsin points to the third statue from the right.

That one needs an arrow.

Kelsin points to the second statue from the right.

That one needs a piece of string or something.

Kelsin points to Ivan.

He has a wand that can identify magic items; it's failed on him before, though, so if one of you guys (Adem) could get it to work all the time, it might work better. It would also help you know what any of the magic items you found do.

Kelsin puts his hand on his head for a bit, scratching his skull.

I think that's about all. Oh! The guy who created this place was insane, the amulet possessed him or something, and he had a huge thing for constructs.

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 09:20 PM
Seeing Ivan and Kelsin standing in the room gives a sense of relief to Zaric. Seeing that he was only on this journey to see the safe passage of Kelsin and to repay the debt of kindness the cleric had shown him. Although he says nothing. Zaric seems more at ease. He lessens the grip on his axe and carries now in a less tense manor and with more ease. Zaric knows he has made a couple of new friends along his adventures with them the past couple of days and glances back to make sure they are following him into the huge room.

As Zaric approaches Kelsin, "I am glad to see you were able to manage without me cleric."

tiny tim
2009-08-11, 09:23 PM
Ah, Zeric. We found a greataxe you may want to try.

I use the wand on the great ax.

[roll0]

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:24 PM
The same to you. It wasn't easy, though. There were these spider constructs that shot out beams of fire. Ivan tried to mount one by a pool of lava, and Arzimon managed to hit Ivan while it was flailing about. Pretty crazy stuff.

Kelsin looks back at the statues, smiling.

Anyway, it's good to see you are all alive; we just need to finish up those two riddles, which we already know the answer to, grab the amulet, and find the exit.

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 09:25 PM
Adem walks over to the statue that the cleric mentioned "I got some rope what do you have to do?"

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 09:25 PM
Hearing something about the arrow Zaric sets his axe down and starts digging through his backpack.

After a few moments of digging Zaric brings out an arrow whose arrowhead is not made of any sort of steel, rather it is made of diamond. The shaft is not of a light wood, but is made of pure silver, and a great deal of rubies and jewels are embedded in it. Lastly, the feathers upon the arrow are made of a fine gold leaf.

"We found this a few rooms back maybe it is what we need." Zaric moves toward the statue Kelsin is pointing at.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 09:26 PM
Well, Zaric has an arrow and I'm pretty sure Adem has some thread Caeric will say absentmindedly, admiring the statue

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:27 PM
Ok, Adem, go to the second statue from the right. When you approach, it will ask you if you are ready to solve a riddle. The answer's thread or something; just answer it and put the thread in it's hands. Zaric, do the same with the third statue from the right, except the answer is going to be an arrow. Then we can grab the amulet, which is in this room.

While talking, Kelsin points to one statue, then the other, and tries to make sure they know exactly what to do.

tiny tim
2009-08-11, 09:29 PM
Because I know it failed I try the wand again.
[roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 09:34 PM
Adem follows the cleric orders and walks up to the statue as he pulls out the rope waiting for some thing to happen.

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:34 PM
Ivan:

That rush of information passes over you as you realize you are holding a very finely crafted greataxe made with the same iron as the rest of the weapons you have found. This greataxe seems to give you information on a dwarven smithy upon the islands, but never gives off a name.

Adem:

You step up to a large ivory statue of a lithe woman in tight leathers holding a shortsword. Upon stepping up to the statue, the sound of stone grating on stone is heard as it moves to sheath it's ivory shortsword, then kneel down before you, deep purple eyes gazing upon you as a female voice speaks.

You stand before one of the Amulet's protectors, sworn to keep the amulet from harm until one is worthy enough to carry it home. Are you prepared to answer my riddle? Answer wisely human mortal, for your answers will dictate your well being.

PC View of the Statue. (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Riddle2.jpg)

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 09:35 PM
Zaric follows Kelsins demand with out questioning him.

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:37 PM
Zaric:

After you step before this statue a loud rumble sounds as it begins to move from its position, the massive marble legs moving to position the statue into a kneel, and dark purple eyes looking down to gaze upon you. The voice, though it sounds like stone grating upon stone, is mostly female in sound.

You stand before one of the Amulet's protectors, sworn to keep the amulet from harm until one is worthy enough to carry it home. Are you prepared to answer my riddle?

PC view of the statue (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Riddle3.jpg)

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 09:38 PM
"Er I will answer" Adem says rather confused expecting some sort of written riddle not a animated statue

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:41 PM
Adem:

A large ivory hand reaches forward, palm facing upwards, in front of Adem, expecting something from him as it says.

While seperately each of us breaks,
together we can make a stand.
Entwined like countless tangled snakes,
We form a strong, yet supple band.
Now call me by my rightful name,
And tell me what to do.
Together we shall reach great heights,
and scale the depths too.

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 09:44 PM
"Rope?" Adem says in a question handing the golden spool to statue.

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 09:47 PM
As the Statue start to move toward Zaric his heart skips a beat and the thought of going for a weapon passes quickly through his mind but as the female voice errupt from the statue Zaric answers almost instantly:

"I am prepared." Zaric says in a short quick breath.

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:47 PM
As you put the golden rope upon the statue's hand, The onyx man stands up once again, the sound of stone grating on stone once again as it speaks. You have satisfied both answers, human mortal.

With that, the sound of lightning is heard cracking against marble is heard, and when looking over you notice a bolt of lightning crashing down in the area where the blue aura comes from.

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:48 PM
Zaric:

A massive hand reaches out, palm up, as if awaiting for something to be put in it.

Relaxed I sit upon my perch,
Till suddenly I give a lurch.
And off I speed on wing-tips three,
before my prey can think to flee.
I make its flesh and tendons part,
and claw my way into its heart.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 09:54 PM
What in the name of Pelor was that?! Caeric will say, jumping when the lightning strikes

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 09:54 PM
Zaric peers into the statues eyes almost expecting trouble from the creature no matter what happens.

Slowly and kind of under his breath Zaric utters "An Arrow..." and lays the jewled arrow into the statues hand.

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 09:56 PM
As you put the jeweled arrow upon the statue's hand, The statue stands up once again, the sound of stone grating on stone once again as it speaks. You have satisfied both answers, human mortal.

With that, the sound of lightning is heard cracking against marble is heard, and when looking over you notice a bolt of lightning crashing down in the area where the blue aura comes from. This time, the blue arua disappears entirely.

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:56 PM
The lightning is hitting the amulet, which I assume means it's getting rid of whatever protection keeps us from taking it.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 09:57 PM
Wow, how did I miss the glowing blue amulet?

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 09:59 PM
I may have forgotten to mention that part... it talks to you. Kinda freaky. It apparently controlled the constructs he made, giving them intelligence. It seems to be pretty powerful stuff.

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 10:03 PM
"Ya I read that too, we even got to see the golem he made before he died. Even got his spell book. Maybe we should rap the amulet up a lot so no one has to touch it. We should also take turns holding it so it does not influence us." Adem says holding up the book.

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 10:05 PM
It's telepathic, I think. It could probably talk to all of us. Still, your precautions are good ones, and it couldn't hurt.

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 10:06 PM
As the statue grasp the arrow and the crack of lightening bolts from behind Zaric he is startled and jumps toward his axe and backpack lying on the ground where he left them.

Jump and Tumble:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 10:08 PM
So, do we have anything to wrap it with? If not, we've got the wraps we found

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 10:09 PM
You all watch out of the corner of your eyes as the barbarian is startled by the cracks of lightning, and makes an expert backwards leap into the air, but falters on his landing. Though he is not harmed, his pride might be tarnished a bit.

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 10:09 PM
Adem takes out one of the non magical robes and hands it to the person grabbing the amulet.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 10:10 PM
Here, I'll grab it, Pelor will protect me Caeric will say, taking the cloak and grabbing the amulet

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 10:14 PM
Caeric:

Upon entering the center of the room, you see a pedestal, on top of that pedestal floats a truly horrific looking amulet. The gold chain that would circle the neck is heavy and gold, while the piece that would rest on the chest looks like the miniaturized head of some sort of ancient demon. As you stare at it, you start to hear voices in your head. Not just one, but a great deal of voices, ranging from female to male, from adult to child. At times, one voice stands out predominantly, but it always fades away to let another voice take over. Even still, they all seam to speak in one fluid motion, as if all of them were a part of one voice.

Take me home, Caeric Zazzle...we desire to be free...

The voice continues to speak to you, never ceasing, though the muffling through the cloak helps a great deal. You feel you can tune it out while occupied with things.

OoC:

The voice sounds like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoOtfargP4). The voice starts at about 37 seconds and stops at about 1:25 seconds. You can ignore the rest, of course.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 10:14 PM
Caeric will wrap the amulet in the robe and hang it off the end of his quarterstaff, so he doesn't have to hold it

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 10:15 PM
Embarrassed by his landing Zaric gathers his things and remains silent taking the tail of the group on our trip out of the mansion.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 10:17 PM
Well, lets leave this place. This ugly piece of jewelry sure is a noisy bugger Caeric will say, putting the quarterstaff over his shoulder. So, which way?

Ixahinon
2009-08-11, 10:20 PM
Fast Forward:

Though some searching through this large room, you finally notice a secret door in the back of the room, near the center of the wall. Opening it reveals yet another portal. This one clear in color. After stepping through, you find yourself outside once again, the sun just setting, just as it was when you first entered.

OoC:

It is the evening of Day 4, I believe. I'll look it up exactly later. But for now, you are outside, right in front of the double doors leading back into the mansion.

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 10:21 PM
Wow, it's been a while. Time flies when you're getting massacred in a crazy guys mansion. Wait, that's not how the saying goes, is it?

Kelsin breathes deeply, glad to have some fresh air.

OoC:

Ixa, what were those mirrors, now that we are finished? And does that cricket statue have any value?

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-11, 10:31 PM
A tall figure clad in black armor stood like a statue in front of the gates. His posture and presence strike those of less worth as intimidating. He held in his left hand a large heavy shield, and a sword was sheathed upon his hip.

He lifted the visor from his helm, revealing a face of hardened features. He spoke to the group, "I assume that you are the ones sent by Brother Tashdak." The black swordsman took a bow. "I am Douglas Metzger, I was sent by him as well. I assume that you are victorious?"

Douglas cast an appraising look at the group, and nodded. "The amulet?" he said.

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 10:41 PM
Kelsin puts his mace into his belt, extending a hand to shake with the new arrival while smiling. Kelsin, despite wearing a backpack, keeps almost everything on his belt; a sling, a waterskin, a pouch filled with spell components and chalk, a morningstar, and two shields are all either tied to his belt or onto his backpack. His fullplate is covered in burn marks from fire and lightning.

My name is Kelsin. The halfling is Caeric, the wizard with the cat is Adem (the cat's name is Mogget), the Shifter is Zaric, and the man with the rapier, dagger, and bow is Ivan. We also had an elf with us, but he left.

Kelsin points towards Caeric's quarterstaff.

We found the amulet; it's in the bag tied to that staff. We also found a few corpses, one of which was definitely sent by Tashdak, the corpse of the crazy guy who owned the place, the constructs and golems and undead that he created, and the amulet, which seems to talk and want to be taken back... somewhere. Did I forget anything, guys?

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 10:41 PM
"Fat lot of good that did. Unless we get attacked on the way back we kinda have the job done. Still nice to meet an alive face.... DAMN! WE FORGOT THE AIR ELEMENTAL!" Adem says as he starts to walk over to the stranger then stops as he remembers the elemental.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-11, 10:43 PM
"Elemental?" said Douglas, a look of confusion on his face.

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 10:44 PM
"This elemental helped us then we moved on but... Its a long story" Adem mutters

Shock4484
2009-08-11, 10:50 PM
As the group approaches the dark swordsman Zaric's grip on his axe tightens and he lets out a low growl. "gwrrrrrrrr" not knowing what ill fate awaits from the man. Even while Kelsin gives introductions Zaric only peers at the man with his feral like eyes.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-11, 10:50 PM
"No doubt it is a tale worthy of song," said Douglas. He catches the man with the large axe at the corner of his eye; even then, it was plain to him the suspicion from his presence. He pays it no mind.

Milskidasith
2009-08-11, 11:08 PM
I think we should head back to town; it's been a long... how many days was it?

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-11, 11:09 PM
"Ah, yes," Douglas said. "Brother Tashdak would want the amulet as soon as possible."

Demons_eye
2009-08-11, 11:20 PM
"So why has Tashdak sent you? Did he expect us to fail so he sent you to finish the job or did he expect us to not find our way back?" He utters while changing robes so he is wearing the magical ones.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-11, 11:24 PM
"Brother Tashdak has the utmost faith upon you," Douglas said. "However, he felt that sending an extra sword-arm to help would ensure the success of this mission, as well as keeping all of you from harm."

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 01:00 PM
Walking forwards to shake the mans hand.
Well you sure took your time getting here. When did Tashdak send you to find us? Oh, and when we get back, I have a few choice words for "Brother Tashdak".

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 01:07 PM
Me too Caeric will say in agreement with Ivan like, Why did you send us to the mansion with no prior knowledge of the sheer insanity of its former owner?

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 01:09 PM
I am more interested in asking, Why he was so intent on gaining the powers of this amulet that he would send so many people to die here and then keep sending them.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 01:15 PM
"I am sure that all questions will be answered once the amulet is in Brother Tashdak's possession. Now please, we have no time to spare for idle chatter."

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 01:18 PM
Fine, let's be off. I'm sure Tashdak can answer our questions at a later time.

Kelsin stands up and begins to head down the trail leading back to the town.

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 01:31 PM
I walk up to stand next to Kelsin and whisper to him.

Kelsin only

I do not trust giving the amulet to Tashdak. We can not trust him with it. We know what it can do and I would rather not see something that powerful fall into the hands of someone that would send so many people to die.

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 01:57 PM
I whisper back to Ivan:

Ivan Only:

I don't entirely trust Tashdak either, but he may know more about what the amulet does than we do. Anyway, we have little choice but to trust him if we want to leave this island, and if we don't give him the amulet, he may take it by force. If we only knew a way to figure out what the amulet does... Wait! The wand! Try using it on the amulet!

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 02:02 PM
I whisper back again.

OK, hand me the book that you found so this doesn't look to suspicious.

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 02:04 PM
Kelsin digs through his backpack and takes out the book he found earlier, then gives it to Ivan.

Here you go. See if Adem can read it if you can't, okay?

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 02:05 PM
Thank you Kelsin. I'll try to read it.

I try to read the book.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 02:13 PM
"A book? Interesting." Douglas said.

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 02:26 PM
You can try reading it, if you want. It isn't in common, though.

Demons_eye
2009-08-12, 03:40 PM
"If you can't read it pass it over and I'll try. He might have wrote every thing in Draconic" Adem says after putting his book away

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 03:44 PM
"I'll have one of the brothers translate it. Another one of the many reasons why we should hurry back."

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 03:54 PM
Not to sound rude, but I do not trust anyone from this island other than Kelsin here.

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 04:00 PM
I know of a friendly fisherwoman and a young boy whom I also trust, along with our friend Kelsin Caeric will say, obviously missing the implication made by Ivan

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 04:02 PM
"Regardless," Douglas said. "I cannot stress how important it is to bring this amulet back to Brother Tashdak."

Demons_eye
2009-08-12, 05:51 PM
"Look. Unles he needs it with in the next few hours I dont think we need to hurry that much" Say Adem pulling out some fish chewying on it. "We got farther then anyone he sent so trust us that we can get it to him ok?"

He pulls his book back out sense Ivan did not hand over his and starts to read it again.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 05:57 PM
"That is what I am trying to say." Douglas said. "Do you not want closure? Having spent so much effort, risking your very lives, and succeeding where so many others have failed, do you not want the rewards that you are rightfully due? Rewards that you clearly deserved, and want?"

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 06:00 PM
Yes, but the rewards will still be there when we get there.

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 06:04 PM
I believe the reward promised was a trip to the main island, wasn't it? I don't think we need that we have any need to rush. The amulet won't walk away on it's own if we don't leave right now, will it?

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 06:08 PM
I would like this accursed piece of jewelry to leave our groups possession as soon as possible Caeric will say

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 06:09 PM
Douglas looked at the group, and knew he was defeated. He let out a sigh. "Very well. If it's your decision to meander about, I cannot stop you. However, I insist to keep a close watch on the amulet."

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 06:25 PM
Well let's head back; we can talk more at the tavern; I haven't had a decent bit to eat since... err, does anybody know how long we were here?

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 07:02 PM
I fall back to whisper to Caeric

Caeric only

Caeric, I would like to se the amulet. I want to use the wand to determine it's true powers.

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 07:47 PM
Caeric will whisper back to Ivan

Be careful, it seems to be able to talk and also, won't the new guy notice?

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 07:50 PM
Caeric only

He won't know what I am doing. He will just think we are switching off for a while. I will be careful with the wand.

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 07:56 PM
Ivan only
OK my friend, just please be careful. I've seen many righteous minds turned by talking jewelry Caeric will say with a sly smile

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 08:03 PM
Okay Caeric, I will carry it for a while.

I take the amulet and it's packaging from the quarterstaff

Ix only

I slide some of the wrappings off and touch the wand to the amulet

[roll0]

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 08:05 PM
Ix only again.

because I know that failed again.

[roll0]

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 08:09 PM
"What are you doing?" Douglas said.

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 08:12 PM
We are just switching off for a while. Gives less chance that one of us will become corrupted by it's telepathy.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 08:16 PM
"If you say so," Douglas said. His eyes shifted as the amulet switched hands, never turning his focus from it.

Ixahinon
2009-08-12, 08:16 PM
Ivan, and Douglas Only:

Because Douglas is not deaf, if he wants, he can make a Listen check to determine if he heard the whispering of the past few posts. Instead of forcing him to make 8 or so listen checks, I'm gonna make an all or nothing DC Check for him..this means. Douglas rolls, and depending on the roll and my DC, I will summerize bits and pieces of what he heard in a spoiler only to him.

Secondly, Depending on the results of Douglas' listen check, he may decide to to turn around and see what is going on (I'm assuming he is not looking at the party right now, rather focusing on the path ahead of him). If he does decide this, then I will have to see a Slight of Hand Check from Ivan in order to attempt to touch the wand to the amulet 'secretly.' This will be against Douglas's Spot check. Obviously, success means Douglas saw Ivan touch a stick to the amulet. While Douglas does not know what that stick is..it will likely provoke response.

So..Douglas, will you please roll a Listen check.

Shock4484
2009-08-12, 08:19 PM
Zaric still takes up the rear of the party keeping a suspicious eye on the darkly armored man. During the journey back to the city Zaric keeps a sharp eye and open ear.

Spot and Listen:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 08:22 PM
Listen check:
[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-08-12, 08:23 PM
For Zaric's Eyes Only:

Your keen hearing fills you in on every word that has been spoken between Ivan, Kelsin, and Caeric.

OoC:
You are allowed to look into the spoilers between those three people, and see what they are whispering about.

Ixahinon
2009-08-12, 08:30 PM
For Douglas's Eyes only:

Though you catch some of the whispering, the sporadic gusts of wind rustling the brush around you, and the occasional cawwing of the crow keeps you from getting the exact detail.

What you do gather, however, is that both Ivan and Kelsin do not trust Tashdak with the amulet, but Kelsin seems more willing to give it up than Ivan. You also hear about Ivan wanting to do something with the amulet...but can't hear exactly what.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 08:41 PM
Ix's eyes only:
It doesn't change anything, then. I've got my eyes on the amulet, focused and unyielding in my gaze.

Ixahinon
2009-08-12, 08:44 PM
Douglas and Ivan Only:

Ivan, I need a Slight of Hand Check from you, and Douglas, I need a spot check to check against it.

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 08:45 PM
Ix only:

sleight of hand
[roll0]

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 08:53 PM
Ix only:
Do I get a bonus or something? I'm looking directly at it.

Ixahinon
2009-08-12, 08:56 PM
Douglas:

Was gonna just add in the circumstance myself, but if you want it, it's a +10 circumstance for actively looking at the thing.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 09:00 PM
Spot check:
[roll0]

Edit: Damn.

Ixahinon
2009-08-12, 09:17 PM
For Ivan's Eyes Only:

After doing your best to conceal your attempts to get the wand through the cloth, and touch the actual amulet, you are not stuck with information this time, but a powerful concussive blow to the mind. So much so that you are knocked back a few steps from the force. A voice that constantly transforms from male to female, adult to child, speaks in your mind. Though the voices sound different all the time, and one voice gives way to allow another to sound dominant, the voice speaks as one.

You can not understand me, child, for I am everything. What you must know...I must go home...take me home, Ivan.

OoC:

The voice sounds like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoOtfargP4). The voice starts at about 37 seconds and stops at about 1:25 seconds. You can ignore the rest, of course.

For Douglas's Eyes Only:

Though Ivan's attempts to conceal his actions was superbly done, he was a fool to try to slip something past your constant sight upon the thing. You watch as he tries to tap a small slinder rod upon the concealed amulet.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 09:19 PM
"What do you think you're doing?!" Douglas said with a start.

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 09:19 PM
Ix only

I think back at it
Where is your home? What is your purpose? Why did you have the constructs kill the wizard?

It is not any of your concern.

I say as I gently rest my palm on the hilt of my dagger.

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 09:20 PM
What happened? What's with the yelling?

Shock4484
2009-08-12, 09:20 PM
Hearing Cearic, Kelsin, and Ivan's plans and their suspicion of the amulet Zaric tighens the grip on his axe ready to lunge foward with an overhanded swing. And keeps a spiteful eye on Douglas if he in the least trys to harm any member of the goup or try and take the amulet.

Sense Motive:

[roll0]

Although at this point Zaric has no obligation to be here. (his debt has been paid to Kelsin for healing him back to health after the boat crash) Zaric is now here by choice and is fully willing to attack any threat to the goup which he has been traveling with. Zaric says in a low gruff voice looking at Ivan and Kelsin "Just do it. It doesn't matter if he sees you or not."

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 09:25 PM
I suddenly grimace and stumble back a few steps.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 09:27 PM
"Clearly, something is amiss here," the paladin said. Douglas held his hands high where everyone can see them. "You lot said it yourself. The amulet is intelligent, powerful, and yet you'd tamper with it like some copper-store toy."

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 09:30 PM
How can you tell us off for trying to decipher what an amulet that we found can do? I'll bet you don't even know why Tashdak wants it!

OoC:

I'll bet Ix sets up a random encounter right here.

Demons_eye
2009-08-12, 09:32 PM
Adem looks up at the mention of "tamper with it" and looks straight at Ivan "What are you doing? You should not tamper with it! That man was a lunatic and his minions were evil. Please don't go and get your self killed!"

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 09:33 PM
STOP IT!! Caeric will yell at the group. This amulet is bad and we need to get it to the man who wants it and be done with it. Fighting isn't helping anything

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 09:34 PM
"Of course I do," Douglas said. "Brother Tashdak needs it to save the lives of hundreds, including your own!" His voice carried anger. To think that High Priest Tashdak has motives other than that. Preposterous!

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 09:36 PM
Caeric will grab the amulet, wrap it back in the cloak and hang it off of his quarterstaff and march off towards the town

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 09:37 PM
If you guys are going to keep yelling, I don't want to hear it. Just tap me on the shoulder when you guys calm down.

Kelsin then says a few words to Sarafina, and then touches his ear.

Spellcraft DC 17:

Casting Deafness on myself.

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 09:45 PM
I suppose Tashdak told you that himself did he? Did you ever think that he may havea different goal? One that he has not told you?

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 09:48 PM
Kelsin heads off with Caeric, leaving Ivan and the follower of Tashdak to yell at each other. When (if) he gets more than 1000 feet from them, he'll dismiss Deafness.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 09:50 PM
"What exactly has he done to incur such distrust? How long have you even known the man?"

tiny tim
2009-08-12, 09:53 PM
He has sent many people down into that mansion looking fr this amulet. One note we found on a long dead body said, "Tashdak will kill me for failing". I want to know exactly what this amulet does and what he wants it for!

With that I walk off in the direction of the others.

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 09:58 PM
Once Kelsin dismisses his deafness, Caeric will turn to him and say so apparently faith alone is not enough to ensure cool heads prevail

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-12, 09:59 PM
"All proper causes need martyrs. To suffer is to serve, so teach the God Sumulael. The men who have died did so with their honor intact."

Douglas sighed, and followed them as well. Resolved to keep a watchful eye on the amulet.

Demons_eye
2009-08-12, 10:00 PM
"I am sorry for my friend but people died for that item and your master just kept sending people after it. If he was that strong he would have gone in to get it himself and if he was not that strong he should have tested people better." Adem starts to run for the others as he lets out mogget and waits for Zaric to join them.

Shock4484
2009-08-12, 10:09 PM
As Adem glances back in his direction Zaric says "Either way let us return to Kreskalat" then waits for Ivan and the dark swordsman to start moving refuseing to walk infront of the erie man for some overly cautious reason.

Milskidasith
2009-08-12, 10:14 PM
Apparantly, Caeric. Let's move a bit faster; I don't want them to catch up; I'm out of ways to prevent myself from hearing them argue. So, what do you think happened to Arzimon?

Ixahinon
2009-08-13, 08:29 PM
The sound of a very low growling can be heard off to the north, followed by some of the brush being moved aside by whatever it is that makes the noise. Looking into the darkness to the north reveals nothing to those without the gift of advanced sight.

For Zaric's Eyes Only:

Your low light vision allows you to spot 2 wolves staring the party down from about 40 feet away.

tiny tim
2009-08-13, 08:32 PM
initiative
[roll0]

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-13, 08:36 PM
Douglas tensed as he felt a sense of dread.

Initiative:
[roll0]

tiny tim
2009-08-13, 08:38 PM
I slowly draw my dagger.

Demons_eye
2009-08-13, 08:48 PM
"Bother some" Adem mutters pulling out his bow and loading it.

Adem
[roll0] Init
[roll1] Listen
[roll2] Spot
Mogget
[roll3] Init
[roll4] Listen
[roll5] Spot

Milskidasith
2009-08-13, 09:30 PM
Kelsin continues to walk along the path with Caeric.

Falconknight06
2009-08-14, 10:22 AM
I can't be sure, though he has proven to be hot headed, so it is believable that he left the group to go off on his own

Shock4484
2009-08-14, 08:01 PM
"Shhh....Your yelling is disturbing the local wildlife. 2 wolves in the bushes over there” speaking in a low deep voice slowly moving himself between the wolves and the group and pointing to the north “about 40ft. I suggest we head toward town and let them be or prepare yourself to pay the price for disturbing the 'peace' of nature." Zaric tightens his grip on the great axe resting in his hands. as he moves himself between the wolves and the other 3 members of the party. Zaric will only attack them if they try to attack the group. As the rest of the group moves toward town Zaric will follow walking backward if necessary until the wolves pose no more threat.

Shock4484
2009-08-14, 08:25 PM
OOC: Sorry I just seen you wanted Initiatives.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 12:22 PM
Dice Rolls You Shouldn't See:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Order:
Adem
Me
Mogget
Douglas
Zaric
Me
Ivan

Adem: (Begin Round 1)

Demons_eye
2009-08-15, 12:31 PM
Adem takes a readied action to shoot if they come with in sight.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 01:40 PM
The wolves seem to make no movements towards your position, but continue to growl and attmept to look threatening. They appear to be sizing you up.

The map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Mansion.jpg)

Mogget's Turn:

Demons_eye
2009-08-15, 03:12 PM
Mogget claws up to his master's shoulder and hisses threateningly to the wolfs.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 03:21 PM
Douglas' Turn:

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-15, 03:26 PM
"Can these things be reasoned with?" Douglas said. He took a few steps forward to gain a better vantage point.

Move 10 ft. forward, and take readied action to attack them once in range.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 03:30 PM
Zaric:

The shifter starts moving towards the east, while keeping his eyes upon the wolves to the north. Zaric would portray the same fierceness and intimidation in his own animalistic features, as if trying to tell the pair of wolves that he was willing to defend his own pack, should the need arise. There were no growls in return, however.

Just keep moving to the east, slowly, do not turn you back to them, and do not show any fear. It is likely the pack made a kill nearby, perhaps they are worried we might steal their meal. I believe there is no need for bloodshed here.

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Mansion.jpg)

Ivan:

tiny tim
2009-08-15, 07:34 PM
I slowly follow Zaric to the east.

Are you sure they are just defending their kill? Perhaps they think we are the kill. If they attack, you know I will have to kill them right?

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 07:55 PM
Zaric (NPC'd Free Action to speak:)

Zaric glares towards Ivan with that same animalistic look upon his face as he gave the two wolves that kept watch. He didn't quite know if the boy had the same gift of seeing so clearly in the dark as he did, but he responded as if Ivan did.

Wolves would not dare attack humanoids unless forced, or starved. I see no cruel master around, nor any signs of hunger. These are not stupid creatures.

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Mansion.jpg)

Begin Round 2: Adem:

Demons_eye
2009-08-15, 08:01 PM
"Mogget help me keep watch ok?" Adem mutters to mogget. He walks over to Zaric slowly moving 20 feet and keeps his readied action to shoot if they come into sight. Mogget will also watch the wolfs (he has low light vision) and warn Adem if they start to move

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 08:34 PM
Mogget gets on all fours and raises his back as he lets out a very intimidating grow, watching as the two wolves start to pad a little bit to the southwest and then sit down contently, so as to keep a better eye on those moving in front of the massive dead tree trunk. Making sure the party doesn't double back around it. The growling has stopped, and they seem content to watch, and make sure.

the Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Mansion.jpg)

OoC (Everyone look):

Adem, they are within range for you to see them, though not exactly clearly, you have enough to take a shot. As you specifically stated you are readying an action to fire a bolt the moment you can see them, you need to fire away.

No one go until this readied shot is taken.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 08:43 PM
Adem: (Readied Action, NPC'd)

The mage tenses as he sees the vague outline of the wolves, taking aim with his crossbow, and with a slow breath, he squeezes the trigger, letting his bolt sail towards the animals.

Adem's Readied Attack against Wolf2:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

The painful whimper is heard as the bolt drives right into the chest of the creature, bringing it down onto its side, those with vision for the night can see is is barely breathing, and likely not long for this world without aid. It's partner quickly standing on all four and looking at its wounded pack member. After licking the wound a few times, it looks towards the attacker, but doesn't move. Instead it raises it's head up high, and begins to howl a sorrowful and forlorn cry.

A great deal of howls come from not far from you, towards the north, allowing everyone to assume that the rest of the pack heard, and are acting accordingly.

For Douglas' Eyes Only:

Though it is not expressly written in any text that Sumulael's care extends to the animal world, it is clear that there was no intention to attack the party, and a wolf is likely to die a painful death due to an itchy trigger finger.

I am by no means telling you to act out against Adem for this, but that route is there.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 08:50 PM
Mogged (NPC'd):

Meows

Douglas' Turn:

Shock4484
2009-08-15, 08:56 PM
"Darn you mage why do you force us to kill these free and inocent creatures all they were doing was defending their ground as you would your house or boat from a trespasser! He is calling the pack prepare yourselves for battle!"

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-15, 09:47 PM
Douglas sighed, and sheathed his blade. He knew what to do. The right thing to do, what his lord Sumulael would want him to do. He walked towards the wounded beast, regardless of the consequence. He gave the other wolf, the one beside the wounded, a look that spoke all of his intentions. Eventually, he reached the wounded animal, and knelt beside it. He laid a glowing hand on the beast.

Lay on hands on the wounded wolf. All 16 points on him.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 09:55 PM
The wolf standing next to the wounded would bared teeth, growled and snarled. The moment the human was within reach, he would lash out and attempt to sink it's teeth into the armored humanoid, growling fiercely all the while. If the fangs managed to grip through the armor, the wolf tugged as hard as it could, trying to bring him to his to the ground.

Attack of Opportunity against Douglas:

Against Flat-Footed AC:
[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]
Trip Attempt:
[roll2]

Douglas manages to miss the defensive attacks of the wounded wolf's packmate, and lays his hands upon the wounded. As if by miracle, the bolt falls out of the bloody wound, and the wound begins to seal itself over, leaving only the blood stains upon the creature's soft gray fur. The wolf then gets up, as if nothing happened to it at all, trotting 5 feet away from Douglas, and proceeding to growl in defense at the human that just helped him.

For Douglas' eyes only:

You can only heal it for as much damage as it took. So you still have the lay on hands left. just 16-minus the damage Adem dealt.

Zaric:

Shock4484
2009-08-15, 11:25 PM
As the dark armored man moves toward the injured animal Zaric turns the rest of the group "This is a good chance to continue moving east go, go back toward town." Zaric says backing the group along still putting himself between them and the two visible wolves. In a slow calm voice "Slowly walk back toward us now Douglas. If we are lucky they will understand you have just helped them and will resist their instinct to attack. Once again do not turn your back to them and show no fear dark warrior..." Zaric's words toward Douglas now sounds warmer than before as the he takes note the risk Douglas took to help the innocent animal.

Ixahinon
2009-08-15, 11:58 PM
Four more figures are heard rushing out of the treeline, teeth bared and ready to defend their own, but are stopped short as the one that was healed turns back, barring teeth at the 'pack leader' and yipping and barking. A bizarre transfer of barks and yips then begin to arise, none of the wolves seem to be focusing on the party anymore.

Ivan's Turn:

tiny tim
2009-08-16, 12:01 AM
I continue walking slowly to the east.

Ixahinon
2009-08-16, 12:11 AM
Start Round 3: Adem:

Demons_eye
2009-08-16, 12:21 AM
Adem follows the others muttering things like "Sorry" and "It just appeared". He keeps his head down low in shame but still watch's the wolf's. fear in his eyes.

Ixahinon
2009-08-16, 12:27 AM
The wolves continue to stay back, seeming content to argue amongst themselves now, rather than focus on what they thought was a threat before hand.

tiny tim
2009-08-16, 12:45 AM
Seeing the wolves squabbling amongst themselves, I continue moving away and, when out of their sight, break into a run heading for Kelsin and Caeric.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-16, 01:05 AM
Douglas never broke his eye-contact with the wolf, even as he backed away slowly. Once he knew it was safe, he turned around and joined his companions for the long trip ahead.

Ixahinon
2009-08-16, 01:18 AM
Douglas, Zaric, and Adem:

After the ordeal is finally over, you notice the boy head off rather quickly in the direction towards the town. You quickly loose sight of him before too long.

9 rounds later Caeric and Kelsin:

As you continue on down the path, you begin to hear something moving up on you. You prepare yourselves for whatever it might be, before realizing the figure emerging from the darkness. His breath is heavy and slightly strained as he finally reaches you.

Milskidasith
2009-08-16, 01:28 AM
You know, sprinting all the way here when we had a huge head start on you isn't the best idea... we would have just waited for you at the town gates. Anyway, since you are here, let's just keep on walking.

Shock4484
2009-08-16, 07:54 PM
As Douglas regroups with Adem and myself "We need to catch up with the others and make sure the boy (Ivan) has not become wolf food yet. Douglas that was a very admirable thing you done. Without doubt your unselfish action will not go unrewarded." Zaric then falls back into his place behind the other two taking up the rear of the group while keeping his eyes and ears open along the trip.

Spot and Listen:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-16, 10:26 PM
"Act without the thought of receiving a reward, and know that your act will serve at its own reward. So teach Sumulael."

Demons_eye
2009-08-16, 11:21 PM
"So you come from these parts? Me and Zaric here come from a far away land. I could not fathom living on an island only." Adem says in an attempt to steer the subject away from the wolfs.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-08-16, 11:43 PM
"Far away land?" Douglas raised an eyebrow. The thought seemed preposterous. Then he realized that it was the truth, and that the fact he was talking to the people he was traveling with was proof of that. "Oh, right. Yes, that is in fact the case.

Demons_eye
2009-08-16, 11:53 PM
"So its true the no one can get out of this Isle? No boat nor spell can get past this curse? Do you have a recorded history here? How long has the Island been here? I am sorry for the bombardment of questions but I did not get a chance to ask the cleric when I settled down." Adem asks the black knight in a rapid manor as if reading off a list. "For that matter Zaric from what parts do you come from? I once new a shifter from my school but he never stayed long and I did not get to now your culture."

tiny tim
2009-08-17, 12:31 AM
You guys go on ahead. I will catch up to you again once I catch my breath.

I wait a minute(or however long I need to wait) and then HUSTLE to catch up with them.

Shock4484
2009-08-17, 02:34 PM
"I would not be a good subject to study Adem. I never knew my father. It is from him I get my physical attributes and the ability to shift. I have been introduced to very little of my fathers culture and that is only through stories from my mother." Zaric's words become broken and then silent, after a few moments of walking in the darkness he continues, "Upon my journeys I have heard tell of a whole city of shifters, a city where I can meet others like myself. However until I find that place...If I find that place...I will never know what secrets my heritage holds." The shifter then goes back to his typical silent state knowing he must control his emotions and stay alert.

Falconknight06
2009-08-18, 12:31 PM
I am sorry for leaving you lot behind, but your arguing was taxing my mind after that entire mansion