PDA

View Full Version : Geneforge 5 3.5 equivelent

Dragon Elite
2009-08-16, 10:35 AM
Here are the stats for Geneforge 5 (http://www.spidweb.com/geneforge5/index.html)

Permission from spiderweb software (http://www.spidweb.com/) granted

Dragon Elite
2009-08-16, 10:36 AM
Hi. I am looking for geneforge's (http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge4/index.html) D&D 3.5 stats for the creatures I haven't created yet. Classes would be nice, too

Fyora

Size/Type: Medium Aberration
Hit Dice: 3d8 (13 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30
Armor Class: 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10 (+4 dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Claw +2 Melee(1d6) / Flaming Spit +6 Ranged (1d8+1 Fire)
Full Attack: Claw +2 Melee(1d6) / Flaming Spit +6 Ranged (1d8+1 Fire)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: 10 resistance to fire
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 3, Wis 6, Cha 4
Feats: Point blank shot, Precise shot, Alertness
Enviroment: Any
Organization: Any
Challange Rating: 3
Treasure: Only Mundane
Alignment: TN
Advancement: To Large
Level Adjustment: —

Thahd

Size/Type: Medium Aberration
Hit Dice: 5d8+20 (42 hp)
Initiative: 0
Speed: 25
Armor Class: 13, touch 10, flat-footed 13 (+3 natural armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7
Attack: Punch +7 Melee (1d10+4)
Full Attack: +7
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +4
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 1, Wis 2, Cha 2
Feats: Power attack, Toughness
Challange Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: TN
Advancement: To large

Artilla

Size/Type: Small Aberration
Hit Dice: 3d8-3 (11 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: ??
Armor Class: 16, touch 16, flat-footed 11 (+1 size, +5 dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-5
Attack: +7 ranged (1d12-1 acid)
Full Attack: 0
Special Attacks: Acid
Saves: Fort -1, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 20, Con 8, Int 2, Wis 5, Cha 3
Feats: Point blank shot, Precise shot
Environment: Any
Challenge Rating: 3
Alignment: ??
Advancement: ?? Favored Class: ??

Acid: deals 1d4+1 damage for the next two rounds on a hit.

Cieyrin
2009-08-17, 01:49 PM
OOO, I love Geneforge! I've always wanted to homebrew the classes and creations but never found the time to sit down and do it. I guess this will serve as an impetus to help make it myself, despite my inaccessbility to my books.

First things first, let's standardize the critters a bit. The Fyora would probably be better off with Fire Resistance 10, rather than take 1/2 damage from fire, as that's more standard and it's only a Shaper's first creation.

Also, the creations are way too intelligent, as the only critters that approached human intelligence were the Drakes and Drakekind, as well as the Serviles. The rest of the creations, especially the early ones like the Fyora, Thahd and Artilla, are at animal intelligence and should have mentalities to match. Thus, I'd recommend Fyora mental stats be reduced to Int 2, Wis 8, Cha 6, Thahd mental stats to Int 1, Wis 6, Cha 6 and Artilla to Int 2, Wis 8, Cha 6. Remember, it was only an extraordinary Thahd that learned how to speak and he had maybe an Int of 4 or 5.

These critters need a bit of Natural Armor, too. Thahds are built as base soldiers of the Shaper Armies, with Alphas leading them, so they can't just be HP sponges, they need some hide on them! Artilla I could see not having much, if any, as they are worms. Fyora should have 2-3 points of NA, Thahds 4-5 points and Artilla 0-1.

These critters are also lacking skills and feats. Thahds most likely have Toughness and Power Attack, Fyora and Artilla's Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot. For skills, investing their skill points in Spot and Listen is typical psuedo-animal skill choices. I'd almost award Fyora's Alertness as a bonus feat, as they tend to be fairly alert, unlike Thahds.

I also think you over-CRed Artilla. They're dangerous but they're probably on the same level as Fyoras, as well as Thahds. I'd say they're all around CR 2, just base stock, w/o any enhancing Essence put into 'em.

Make those changes and I'd say they're closer to how they were in the game. Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

Dragon Elite
2009-08-17, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the ideas! Any spells?

Bull's strength Imbibes the recipient with essence, increasing their strength.