PDA

View Full Version : What's your "Geass"?

DrizztFan24
2009-08-16, 07:33 PM
So I recently finished watching Code Geass and I got to thinking. If you could have one "geass" (similar to a psionic power), what would you chose?

Examples from the show:

Commanding: Absolute control over a persons will until the command is fulfilled or power is relinquished. Conditions: Only usuable once per person and requires line of sight, no visible barriers allowed, even sun glasses or colored contact lenses.

Time stop: stops time for approximately 10 seconds within initiators chosen sphere (change size of sphere of influence). Extending geass over a larger area or over large amounts of people drains the energy/vitatlity of the initiator.

Immunity/Breaker: this geass breaks current geass commands and nulls currently active geass effects. Also shields initiator from geass effect.

So what are the custom "psionic powers/geass" that the people of the playground choose? I have no idea honestly.

Actually, I would probably have a geass that would allow me to analyze my surroundings and the geass of others and replicate them to a lesser extent. Like the watered-down artificer/loremaster of geass.

Nameless
2009-08-16, 07:34 PM
Shouldn't this go in Media? :smalltongue:

DrizztFan24
2009-08-16, 07:48 PM
I had no idea. This is kind of a media base, but it is also a common interest. thus i opened it up to a psionic power or natural manifestation. Like the Piers Anthony "Xanth" series. everyone has some special power, whether or not it is worth anything is totally different.

Recaiden
2009-08-16, 07:51 PM
It's been so long since I watched that show, do they call all of the powers Geass, or just LeLouch's?
CC's power is interesting, but even in the show ended poorly, and I would say telepathy, but that one man who had it, it was involuntary and became more of a curse.
So I would choose more limited or controlled telepathy, or any type of telekinesis.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-08-16, 07:58 PM
Hmm...haven't seen the show, but if they're essentially vaguely psionic powers, I might go with aptitude absorption--you can paint very well, or play great tennis, or read really fast? Well, if I look you in the eye/concentrate for a few seconds/do whatever, now I can too! It would certainly be more practical than telepathy or time stop, and less irritating than mind control; plus, I would finally have some artistic ability, the acquisition of which has utterly eluded me thus far in my life. :smallwink:

Yarram
2009-08-16, 11:01 PM
I would have the ability to understand everyones perspective, and the ability to make them understand mine.

Player_Zero
2009-08-16, 11:32 PM
Flying people to Australia.

thubby
2009-08-16, 11:51 PM
what wouldn't backfire horribly when it gets stuck on?

the ability to instantly know the inner workings of anything by looking?

littlequietguy
2009-08-17, 12:06 AM
Infinite multitasking. I am posting this while having three conversations.

ghost_warlock
2009-08-17, 12:31 AM
Implanting a powerful suggestion in people's minds that they're naked.

Cyrano
2009-08-17, 12:33 AM
The psionic ability to compress within my perceptions a hundred hundred hundred lifetimes or more of unfettered bliss, sans ennui, sans sadness, a psychological construct of personal perfection, and to compress these lifetimes within but a single moment. After which, I guess I'd die? I mean, who cares at that point.

Does THAT count?

Ganurath
2009-08-17, 12:34 AM
The ability to psionically control my physical health. Who needs telepathy when you have eternal life?

Faulty
2009-08-17, 01:51 AM
Exceptional insight. The ability to essentially read minds, analyze situations complexly and quickly, instantly be capable of perceiving multiple possibilities in any given situation and the most probable outcome(s).

Player_Zero
2009-08-17, 01:53 AM
My Geass is still the best.

Faulty
2009-08-17, 01:54 AM
My Geass is still the best.

Your geass saves people $200 and a 14 hour plane trip. Most of Australia is useless anyway. :smallwink:

Ganurath
2009-08-17, 01:58 AM
Your geass saves people $200 and a 14 hour plane trip. Most of Australia is useless anyway. :smallwink:Not to mention dangerous. Not every continent shows up on that badass of the week website.

Player_Zero
2009-08-17, 01:59 AM
Just think of how Lelouch would've done against that power though! He wouldn't've ben able to save C2! As soon as whatshisface decided it BAM she's gone to Australia!

Faulty
2009-08-17, 02:00 AM
You could teleport your enemies into the middle of the outback I guess. Or under a rock in the great barrier reef.

Player_Zero
2009-08-17, 02:06 AM
Your thought processes are so oppressive. Limited to theoretical application as opposed to intertwined sinews of humour and of the extraordinary!

Faulty
2009-08-17, 02:08 AM
Into a kangaroo?

Player_Zero
2009-08-17, 02:11 AM
Excellent.

Coidzor
2009-08-17, 02:34 AM
<_< Turning people into kangaroos in Australia would be pretty nifty.

Teleporting them headfirst into a kangaroo momma's pouch is just hilariously nasty. Also would probably anger the momma. And whoknows what angry Knagas are like.

Faulty
2009-08-17, 02:37 AM
Getting kicked by a kangaroo is very low on the list of things that extend your life span.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-08-17, 03:17 AM
I think it's a type of wading bird.