PDA

View Full Version : what does PEACH mean?

Jolly Steve
2009-08-17, 02:47 AM
:smallconfused:

Fri
2009-08-17, 02:54 AM
Please Evaluate And Criticize Honestly?

Jolly Steve
2009-08-17, 03:35 AM

Iferus
2009-08-17, 03:35 AM
It's a term that originated from the WotC boards, where a lot of users could not handle a bit of critique. As a result, there would be no serious discussion about new ideas. They had a big thread about that, and since then, people who want discussion and balance have noted those threads with the keyword PEACH.

Zeta Kai
2009-08-17, 05:30 AM
Other acronyms & terms can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18512). Also, as an aside, I've seen viable acronyms for APRICOT, & even WATERMELON. I forget what they mean, but those are too wild not to mention.

lesser_minion
2009-08-17, 05:51 AM
I was under the impression that APRICOT and WATERMELON were just jokes about the fact that peaches are a type of fruit.

The acronyms could be pretty interesting.

Strawman
2009-08-17, 07:09 AM
All Previous Reviews Include Critiques Or Tips.

But WATERMELON is just the evolved form of watermelon.

AlexanderRM
2009-08-20, 07:39 PM
But WATERMELON is just the evolved form of watermelon.

"What? watermelon is evolving!"

[evolution music plays]

"Congratulations! Your watermelon evolved into WATERMELON!"

On a more serious note, thanks for asking this, I'd been thinking PEACH was some kind of... campaign setting or something.

I now feel the urge to make a "campaign setting or something" that is actually called PEACH for some reason. The easiest way would be to set it on a world that is literally a giant Peach (where you have epic mining expeditions to harvest the precious "peach juice", which has many mundane (most notably, feeding people) and magical properties, from far below the surface) but that seems far too silly now that I think about it.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-08-20, 09:47 PM
I now feel the urge to make a "campaign setting or something" that is actually called PEACH for some reason. The easiest way would be to set it on a world that is literally a giant Peach (where you have epic mining expeditions to harvest the precious "peach juice", which has many mundane (most notably, feeding people) and magical properties, from far below the surface) but that seems far too silly now that I think about it.

On another thread, I suggested a setting where the Prime Material Plane is composed of a bazillion minor artifacts sovereign glued together. Trust me, there's no such thing as "too silly" where setting ideas are concerned.

Strawman
2009-08-20, 09:54 PM
On another thread, I suggested a setting where the Prime Material Plane is composed of a bazillion minor artifacts sovereign glued together. Trust me, there's no such thing as "too silly" where setting ideas are concerned.

I can not imagine the Use Magic Item DC on that.

Godskook
2009-08-20, 09:56 PM
Please Eat All Children Hastily

Cedrass
2009-08-20, 10:14 PM

I've seen a whole movie that was on a giant Peach... Lemme see if I can find it :P

Edit: There we go! Got a cover for your campaign setting!
http://ca.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/30/A70-15165

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-08-21, 07:24 AM

On each individual artifact? Maybe DC 40, maybe 50. On the plane itself? DC: No.

Eloel
2009-08-21, 07:37 AM
It's DC: Nigh-Infinite. Achievable :)

deuxhero
2009-08-21, 07:45 AM
Please Evaluate And Criticize Honestly?

I have heard it with examine and critique, but both pretty much mean the same thing.

AlexanderRM
2009-08-21, 08:20 PM

Yeah, I read that. It just... seems like a different kind of silly. I dunno.

I've seen a whole movie that was on a giant Peach... Lemme see if I can find it :P

Edit: There we go! Got a cover for your campaign setting!
http://ca.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/30/A70-15165

There you go, we have a backstory for the world:
After the ending of James and the Giant Peach, the Giant Peach keeps growing somehow or other (hey, that could also explain where the monstrous vermin and dire/giant animals came from- there were various insects made giant along with the peach in the book) and eventually "subsumes" or w/e the entire earth, and the people are forced to live on the surface of the peach. There's also a technological regression, and magic is created thanks to fact that the entire world was made through magical means.

From my memory of the book, there's a good bit (read: a TON) of discontinuity with the original, but whatever. It's just so awesome.

I presume that it would be a large number of individual artifacts, and you couldn't "use" them all as one unit.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-08-21, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I read that. It just... seems like a different kind of silly. I dunno.

Silly is silly is silly when it comes to asking "Is this too silly?" since the answer is almost always no. :smallwink:

Hijax
2009-08-22, 02:00 AM
Silly is silly is silly when it comes to asking "Is this too silly?" since the answer is almost always no. :smallwink:

the difference is that your campaign setting actually makes sense(from a wordlbuilding point of view).

didub
2010-07-22, 09:03 PM

That movie highly disturbed me. I watched it to many times as a child at my great grandma's house. It was the only movie she had.