PDA

View Full Version : Was Blackwing morally justified in trying to throw Xykon's phylactery into the rift?

Kaed
2009-08-24, 05:33 AM
Since these threads are so 'popular' these days, why not make my own, I say!

Clearly one could make a case for Blackwings guilt here, too!

After all, despite any 'evil' methods of managing his task, Redcloak is first and foremost out to improve the lives of the goblin race.

Xykon is, however, a vital means to that end, and thus attempting to destroy him or his phylactery is clearly siding with the oppressive edicts of the terrible PC races and their favoritist gods. How will the poor cannon fodder races ever get a fair chance in the world if everyone is trying to bring them back under heel? Woe! :smallfrown:

Therefore, Blackwing could clearly be in the wrong here!

Also, Belkar is LG and Miko was CE.

Shojo is still a terminator robot from the fuuuutuuure! That's why they couldn't resurrect him, clearly. He never had a soul!

(yes I know this thread is silly)

Ancalagon
2009-08-24, 05:38 AM
Since these threads are so 'popular' these days, why not make my own, I say!

The first part of your initial sentence answers the question in the second part. :)

Kaed
2009-08-24, 05:39 AM
The first part of your initial sentence answers the question in the second part. :)

Doesn't it now?

Querzis
2009-08-24, 05:54 AM
You dont understand! Blackwing was clearly just following the order of an opressive wizard and a crazy paladin that would have killed him if he woudnt have done this! Clearly, Blackwing had absolutely no choice to do what his master said. Its O-chul and V that use those despicable methods and tried to destroy the hope of the goblin race not Blackwing! Hes just another victim :smallfrown:.

By the way, I love this thread. It just had to be done.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-24, 06:25 AM
Making a thread just because its so popular =/= good idea. Not only is it not funny, but the mods tend to locks such threads.

Samurai Jill
2009-08-24, 06:34 AM
Yes! Yes he was! I agree completely! Now stop talking!

Ancalagon
2009-08-24, 06:51 AM
Doesn't it now?

Task: Try to find another interpretation why I wrote what I wrote.

Hint for solving: I find the thread here quite unfunny.

TrineSenneset
2009-08-24, 07:28 AM
How could we have been so blind as to not have seen this beforehand?

Conuly
2009-08-24, 08:32 AM
Pretending that this is serious here....

1. Killing Xykon may be a great boon for the goblins if it forces Redcloak to attempt another means to the same end. I mean, it's not like Xykon is keeping them alive very well.

2. Even if that weren't true, if Blackwing acted on good faith that this was the morally correct act based on all the information he has AND had the ability to get in that time, I don't see how we could judge his actions.

Coliumbos
2009-08-24, 08:56 AM
The problem is that Blackwing wasn't trying to throw the phylactery - he was luring Xykon out so that O'Chul and V could attempt to escape and/or take more options.

Then, if Blackwing was intended to throw it in, then why waste the spell for Explosive Runes... excluding jokes, of course?

Roland St. Jude
2009-08-24, 09:06 AM
Making a thread just because its so popular =/= good idea. Not only is it not funny, but the mods tend to locks such threads.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't make a thread because the format is popular or because the idea of such a thread is a swell joke. Whether it's versus threads, alignment threads, or morally justified threads, only post them because they present a legitimate topic for discussion that you are actually interested in. This sort of piling on for (meta)humor is what got fanclubs banished to oblivion.