PDA

View Full Version : Cinematic final battle rules (Dark Heresy)

Name_Here
2009-08-25, 09:30 AM
I'm mulling over 2 small rule changes for the final battle of my campaign arc. The fight is going to be right outside a small but expanding warp hole and against an unbound demon host, a handful of horrors and furies. I want the fight to be difficult but for them to be alive if not fully concious at the end of it.

So the first rule I came up with was the group gets a pool of fate points that everybody can use. The group gets 1 fate point for each fury or Horror they defeat and 5 when they defeat the main demon. I'm thinking that this will allow the group to stay alive using the fate points to heal or successfully dodge attacks that would knock them out of the fight.

Second rule is that the psyker has to roll an extra 1d5 dice for every pysker power 7 and 9s causing psychic phenomenon and adding 20 to those results. These are changes I wanted to make because the warp is going absolutely nuts in the area and using psyker powers is incredibly dangerous but it's a risk that might be necessary if his allies start going down. But I'm worried that it might be a little too harsh and crazy dangerous since for every dice you have a 20% chance of causing a psychic phoneme so if you are forced to roll an extra 5 dice.... things might turn out badly.

The Acolytes are all pretty advanced ~rank 6 and I let them take a ton of extra really deadly gear for this assault so they should be able to make an amazing fight of it. I just wanted to make sure that these rules didn't make the fight too easy or too hard.

woodenbandman
2009-08-25, 09:36 AM
Increased randomness favors the underdogs, but the added fate points should help out. Overall it makes sense and looks okay to me, but this is general RPG knowledge, not Dark Heresy knowledge.