PDA

View Full Version : Used Shoe Sales

Gaelbert
2009-08-25, 10:21 PM
My friend has been trying to sell me a pair of Nike November Rain Dunks. They're barely used, pretty good condition.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't buy them, but the old Guns N' Roses is my favorite band, and November Rain has my favorite solo, if not my favorite song altogether.
The shoes look nice, that's not up for debate. But what I want to know is, how much would be an appropriate price? They sell for $100 new. He tried to get me at $80, but that doesn't seem like a good price for used shoes, no matter how nice. What would be a good price range? I know for guitars, used go for 1/3 to 1/2 the value depending on the condition, is there something like that?
Pics are here: http://www.secretspot.co.uk/static/clothes/nikesb/images/nike-gun-roses-rain-dunk-mid.jpg

And I know, buying used shoes may seem weird, but I'm a pretty open person.

crimson77
2009-08-26, 12:34 AM
A few questions. Do the shoes fit you well? Are they of any collector value? How used are they? Have they been worn outside? Do they still have that new shoe smell? Are the insoles conformed to the previous user?

I would pay no more than $20 for used shoes. But then again maybe I am being too cheap.

Pika...
2009-08-26, 12:38 AM
Eeeewwww. Used shoes?! :smallyuk:

Cyrano
2009-08-26, 01:05 AM
How much are you willing to pay? Try paying that.

If you are ready for Advanced Haggling, try paying less than that and then end up paying that.

xPANCAKEx
2009-08-26, 07:48 AM
they arn't going for much on ebay

Gaelbert
2009-08-26, 08:46 AM
Eeeewwww. Used shoes?! :smallyuk:

Barely used shoes. And we're pretty good friends. I've known him for a while.

A few questions. Do the shoes fit you well? Are they of any collector value? How used are they? Have they been worn outside? Do they still have that new shoe smell? Are the insoles conformed to the previous user?

I would pay no more than $20 for used shoes. But then again maybe I am being too cheap.

They fit well, we wear the same size. They are of some collector value, but not terribly much I don't believe. I don't know if they've been worn outside, but I took a look at the soles and they're almost brand new. Insoles are not conformed. And I've never noticed a new shoe smell with any shoes, ever, so I can't be of use there.