PDA

View Full Version : Beings of Dream: What wanders in your sleep?

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-26, 05:57 PM
Ever had a really interesting/whacked out dream with some horrific or beautiful being?

Post it! Give a description, what kind of scene was going on, and it might get statted.

I'll make a list of them here.

Dragon Elite
2009-08-26, 08:02 PM
I had a nightmare with an EXTREMELY fast aberration with lots of arms(6 or 7), three heads, and invisibility. I was running from him down a white-walled corridor, and he was hurting me but I was never unconscious.

Chrono22
2009-08-26, 08:14 PM
Well, you already know mine (the Blue).
Otherwise, I don't really get nightmares. I usually have lucid dreams.

Xallace
2009-08-26, 08:16 PM
I had a dream once with a city-block-sized golden scorpion-thing with no eyes and a sharky/leechy mouth. Apparently, I was part of a small band of individuals that had survived its initial rampage across our town. We watched it scuttle around for a bit, before I decided to run.

When I ran, apparently it noticed, as the ground began to quake. The thing could swim through the earth, and burst from the ground occasionally to try and catch a couple of us in its gaping jaws. It would hover above the ground for a little (massive, dragonfly-like wings all of a sudden) before diving back down. All the while it made the most terrifying, indescribably unnatural shrieking noise.

We discovered near the end that it couldn't surface in wooded areas, nor could it harm mostly-wooden buildings.

DracoDei
2009-08-26, 08:16 PM
I will see if I can get my friend Oren Otter to give me a better description of "Fakes" which are legless foxes with the body structure of a snake with a foxes head (but fur all over). The fly like Eastern Dragons...

Tired... don't feel like typing clearly... sorry if it is confusing.

Edit: Story arc of Oren's featuring one starting HERE (http://ottercomics.taur.net/mixed_signals/archive/index.php?strip=46) and going on for about 5 strips or so.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-26, 08:22 PM
I will see if I can get my friend Oren Otter to give me a better description of "Fakes" which are legless foxes with the body structure of a snake with a foxes head (but fur all over). The fly like Eastern Dragons...
That's almost exactly like my Guibles (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35219)... except they couldn't fly.

Otherwise, I don't really get nightmares. I usually have lucid dreams.
Don't have to be nightmares. Have daydream monsters that ride on moonbeams and shoot rainbows out of their butts.

Xefas
2009-08-26, 08:30 PM
I had a dream many years ago, that I still remember because it's one of the few times in my life I woke up actually screaming.

In my dream, I was running down old familiar roads and alleyways, not all of which were connected in real life, but were in my dream. It was sunset, and long shadows were being cast from a bright orange sun in the distance, creating patches of inky darkness in the twilight. The whole time I had this distinct feeling I was being chased by some unseen creature, and I had to get away no matter what. The problem was that no matter how far I ran or in which direction, I could never shake the feeling that it was closing in on me. I couldn't see it, and I couldn't evade it.

After a while, I turned a corner to see my house, which had a wooden gate in the front that lead to the backyard. I ran and opened the gate, which wasn't locked, and finally felt this immense rush of safety, as if the chase was finally over. However, it only lasted a few seconds as the next moment I felt this terrible pain in my insides.

I limped through the gate and closed it behind me, thinking that I could deal with anything now that I got away from that creature.

At this point, the sun had finally gone down, with me sitting, holding my abdomen in the cool green grass of my backyard. But, as the last few rays of light left the world, the pain intensified so much that I hunched over. I felt like I was trying to scream, but I couldn't push the air out of my lungs for some reason.

Suddenly I hear this voice. "Never ever." I feel like I've heard it before, and it seems to be coming from somewhere nearby, so I glance around through watering eyes and try to call out to whoever is there. I hear it again. "Never ever."

The muscles in my hands start spasming, so I take them away from my abdomen and look at them. The skin has become blotchy with big crimson patches of gooey flesh, kind of like a scab that has been reopened too many times. I wrench myself to my feet and shamble towards my house, still trying to scream, but still unable to, and I start hearing the same two words over and over again in my head "Never ever. Never ever. Never ever..."

I finally manage to reach a window, and I see in the reflection, myself, only my skin has completely turned to that crimson color, and my bones are poking out at odd angles, visible under my skin. My facial features are gone except for two black holes where the eyes should be, with the skin hanging around them that looks like torn cloth, and my mouth, which is gaping open, the teeth cracked and bent at terrible angles.

After a few seconds of horror, my reflection melts away and I see in the window, the inside of my house, and all my friends and family are standing there. They look happy. I tap at the window. They turn and look. A moment of silence. Then all of them pivot around and run, screaming from the house.

I feel more alone at that moment then I ever have before in my entire life. I cry and I try to scream once more, and as I do so, my reflection is caught in the glass again. My twisted mouth forms the words "Never ever", and then smiles.

I wake up in my bed, screaming, covered in sweat.

Kallisti
2009-08-26, 08:57 PM
I had a dream many years ago, that I still remember because it's one of the few times in my life I woke up actually screaming...
[Story here removed to save space]

Wow, that is...very vivid, really creepy, and I might well steal it to write a horror story...

Hey, TVT! Why do I get the feeling that this thread is bad news for the Shades of Delusion players?

Ah, well. Here goes:

So, in one of the few nightmares I can actually remember clearly at this point (I rarely remember anything about my dreams other than if I was enjoying them or not...), I'm in a forest clearing. It's sunset, the sky is stained crimson, it's very beautiful. The insects are humming softly in the background, and everything is peaceful.

Suddenly, I hear a voice chuckling softly. It's not a very nice chuckle, either. I turn around, and I see eyes gleaming in the undergrowth, but it's getting dark, and I can't really see much.

This repeats a few times, and with each repitition the eyes are shining out from a different place in the forest just outside the clearing, and with each repitition the laughter gets louder, more prolonged, and more malevolent, until there are mad, shrieking gales of laughter echoing out from all sides.

At this point, it's gotten dark, and only dim moonlight illuminates the clearing. I call out, "S-Show yourself!" in a shaking voice, and in the shadows I see the classic 'face slowly emerging into the light' employed by TV villains since TV was invented. But then the face comes all the way into the light, and that's all it is--a face, in midair, complete with hair and ears and eyes, but no body. So I grab a stick and hit it, and it spins around with the impact, and I catch a glimplse of the back of it--it's pretty gruesome. I have a vivid imagination, so this was a very detailed picture. It was the back of a face--literally. There was blood, and the optic nerves trailing out behind the eyes, and everything. It looked like someone's face had been ripped off, and started flying around on it's own. And it starts flying closer and closer, then it settles onto my face for just a moment, and it flies away.

All I can see at this point is the back of it, but I can tell there's something different about it. And then something roughly the same size and shape as it detaches, like picking up a piece of paper and revealing the next one underneath, and thi new thing turns around and looks at me--and it's my face, chuckling evilly.

And that's when I woke up. Sorry for the poor description--I'm too lazy to write anything better right now.

kwanzaabot
2009-08-26, 09:11 PM
I don't have nightmares much anymore, but when I was a kid, I had two recurring ones. They both involved vehicles chasing me, for some reason.

1. I was playing on my driveway with some plastic dinosaurs, when a sky blue ute/pickup truck pulled into the driveway. I picked up my toys, and went inside, but the car kept following me. It picked up speed, and crashed through the front door, and chased me through the house.

2. I was out in a eucalypt forest (i.e. the bush, I'm Aussie) having a picnic with some old ladies dressed in old, Victorian-style clothes. I have no idea why. Suddenly, a black steam engine pulled into view. It then moved off the train tracks, and then, naturally, began chasing me.

3. I also had a weird ongoing sleep paralysis incident involving a tiny, furry alien (like a Furby, but it was about 5 years before Furbies were invented) who could make the room bend and flip gravity, and was obsessed with tickling me from underneath the mattress, which its (I guess long) arms could reach through like a ghost. I called it the "Tiny Tickler", and it creeped me the **** out.

And this is why I don't drive. :D

So... I dunno. Some kind of Far Realm Construct for the car/train? Maybe some kind of Fey or Aberration for the Tickler?

Pie Guy
2009-08-27, 08:41 AM
Freaky story.

That is just about the creepiest thing I have ever seen in my life.

My only remembered nightmare was when my family was being attacked be monsters. They were the gnomes from Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets, and I had just got KoTOR recently, so they were called Sith. They screamed and froze you like the redead from LoZ:OoT. For whatever reason, they could only attack one person.

I "woke" up in bed to see one in my room. I swiftly got up and ran into my parent's room.

The lights were on.

My mother was on the bed screaming "It's my Sith!" and trying to get as far away from the one in the center of the room. To my dismay, it turned towards me and screamed. The worst part is that this isn't a monster story.

The worst part is that my mother said with relief in her voice "Oh, it's only your sith."

Realms of Chaos
2009-08-27, 09:37 AM
Trust me when I say that there is nothing quite as spooky as being told a horror story about a creature in a dream by a person who turns out to be the monster described in the story.

Perhaps I should explain. In my dream (and this was the only recurring nightmare that I've ever had), there would always be some normal looking female who was presumably my friend even though I had never seen them before.

She would tell me a story about a crazy old woman who lived alone and turned people to stone like a medusa. Unlike a medusa, however, her eyes were always wandering, even through the back of her head at times. If you made eye contact with that woman for even a second, even through the back of her head or through a solid object (like a wall or your eyelids), you would be turned to stone.

Of course, as my "friend" started describing how the woman's eyes rolled about, her eyes started doing the same thing. I was sitting there, paralyzed in fear, until she ended her story and did an insane laugh.

At that point, I was running. My previous "friend" looked relatively normal (no snake hair, anyways) but her hair was scattered everywhere, she was laughing like a madman...er...madwoman, and her eyes were spiralling everywhere in their sockets.

Oh, and did I mention that she was flying, passing through objects, and was as fast as me.

I can not describe the raw terror of running through a labryinth-like maze of partially destroyed buildings and never knowing if she's on the other side of the next wall, either looking back at me (game over) or ready to pounce out and pin me to the ground until she meets me eye to eye (also game over).

Strangely, I had this dream before I knew what medusa was. Perhaps it's for the best.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-08-27, 09:50 AM
I might have a really epic one. What's your Will save?

Primal Fury
2009-08-27, 04:55 PM
I've had a good number of scary dreams. Barney (yes, the purple dinosaur) turning babies into barely sentient oozes after he shoved them down his pants (might be some symbolism there), interdimensional ninjas sent to assassinate someone in a castle made of crystal (that one was more awesome than scary). An evil demon child that forced his father to murder bunches of people, and would bring him back to life every time he was killed (one time, he was made of wood). And any evil shadow-me that dragged me out of bed, up the wall, and ate my soul out through my face.

Take your pick. :smallsmile:

Thatguyoverther
2009-08-27, 05:34 PM
Wierdness. Most of the creatures in my dreams seem to be pretty mundane. Zombies, demons, vampires, werewolves. Although once I had a dream I snuck up on this weird owlbear thing with gorilla's face and ripped it's head off.

Is it weird that if there's ever a monstrous creature in my dream it tends to be me? Those also tend to be some of my favorite dreams. Not as cool as the "Warm Socks" level of Heaven dream but still pretty cool.

Lorolar
2009-08-27, 06:01 PM
Well if my week of dreams that all accurately predicted the future, right down to the death of a celebrity two months before it happened, are to be believed then most of us are gonna die to the zombie apocalypse which will happen in a year or so. Sadly I will also be killed due to the military not giving out high grade weapons to standard troops fortifiying civilian areas.

Elfin
2009-08-27, 06:01 PM
I had a dream many years ago, that I still remember because it's one of the few times in my life I woke up actually screaming.

Very creepy indeed.

Something I dreamt just a few days ago:
I'm lying in an empty room with white walls and glaring, bright light... needles, IV tubes, and such are hooked into me everywhere, so I'm like a fleshy mass of cords. Then I realize my feet are drying in cement for some reason...suddenly, somehow, I know that I'm about to die, but I'm helpless to do anything at all. I just wait there, drowning in pain and terror, because my life will end very soon and I have no power to do anything whatsoever.
Then everything turns pitch black, and I'm falling, helpless; it seems like ages that I'm in free-fall though the inky darkness. Suddenly I feel myself hit rushing water, icy and somehow viscous, thick, pus-like. I plummet down through the syrupy mass of freezing water, and struggling for breath I try to swim upwards- then the cement on my feet reappears, and drags me down. Dozens of eyes start appearing in the water, watching me, and then tentacles of the same gooey black substance as the water start wrapping around me, binding and strangling me, and helplessly I fall deeper and deeper down...
At this point I wake up in my bed, covered in sweat and with blankets thrown off.

Gralamin
2009-08-27, 06:17 PM
I don't dream very often, so I have nothing to share of my own.

I do, however, have something to share of someone I know. Basically they have extremely vivid nightmares. A lot.

Sleeping in their bed, they feel as if they wake up and a great weight on them. The door opens, woman dressed in white comes in, starts torturing them while they watch, completely paralyzed. If I can get the person to agree to send in a more in-depth explatination I will.

Elfin
2009-08-27, 06:22 PM
That's actually similar to the dream I outlined above, as far as being completely paralyzed while horrible things happen.
Hmm...has anyone else had dreams of that sort?

Pie Guy
2009-08-27, 08:28 PM
The strangest dream I can remember was that I was walking up one of those sandy staircases they have to get to a beach, and for no particular reason was wearing a wedding gown. Particularly weird as I am a man. I trip on the dress, wake up and fall a few inches back into my bed. That's right, I managed to fling myself from a prone position into the air. In my sleep.

The Tygre
2009-08-27, 09:46 PM
I don't dream very often, so I have nothing to share of my own.

I do, however, have something to share of someone I know. Basically they have extremely vivid nightmares. A lot.

Sleeping in their bed, they feel as if they wake up and a great weight on them. The door opens, woman dressed in white comes in, starts torturing them while they watch, completely paralyzed. If I can get the person to agree to send in a more in-depth explatination I will.

Sounds like Incubus Phenomena, or 'Night Terrors'. It's essentially the opposite of sleep-walking, where parts of the brain remain conscious while the body and other parts stay asleep.

Drakevarg
2009-08-27, 10:32 PM
My dreams have a habit of being long, randomly changing subject, and do their best do be forgotten within about an hour of waking up. Most of them tend to leave vaguely unsettling feelings however.

Lesse, a critter from my dreams... wasn't actual a dream-critter at first. I made it up intentionally, then it started crawling into my head every time I think of creepy ****.

I call it the Hellmouth. It's a demonic entity woven into the very fabric of hell, a snakelike thing so preposterously huge that if it weren't for the fact that it's covered in tentacles and has tortured souls woven into its skin I'd probably just laugh. (Not because it's funny, more of a "well, I'm screwed. Won't this be a funny story to tell Jesus?" type of laugh.) But since it does have screaming people for skin, I mostly think I'd head for the closest corner and huddle in the fetal position until my inevitable doom.

There are two places I tend to see this thing when it turns up. Either underground, like in a huge cavern that you could drop Godzilla into and he'd look like an ant (for a picture, that underground lake that the Balrog and Gandalf fell into, but without the lake). Then this thing comes slithering by, FILLING said cavern, like some ridiculously large subway train. I'm generally standing in a tunnel that leads into this cavern, about ten feet away from the enterance. The Hellmouth is ten, twenty feet away, and there is of course the tortured souls of the damned stuck to it.

The other place I see it is my vision of Hell (one of several). At first glance, a vast barren, possibly volcanic landscape. Volcanos in the distance, dark red storm clouds over head (nearly black), lightning. Huge fissure in the ground. Looking closer, you can see Hellmouths growing out of the sides of these walls. They look like earthworms in size. Getting closer, you can see that the top layer of the Hell-scape is made out of charred black skeletons. Possibly just there for the gloomy atmosphere, possibly the souls who have been tortured the point of oblivion. Or maybe that's just a different torture, and they'll take you back downstairs when they decide to mix things up some more. I don't know, go burn down an orphanage and ask them when you get there.

Moving on, below the skeleton-lair, the walls of this chasm is covered in tentacles that look like they're made out of scabs. Stuck to the wall are the same tortured souls that make up the Hellmouth. Only these souls are having their orfices violated by these scab-tentacles. And when they run out of orfices to violate, the tentacles make new ones. Eventually they get bored and rip you into itty bitty pieces, and drop whats left down the chasm. I dunno whats at the bottom of this hole, it just seems to keep going. Being dead already, you eventually grow back and they go back to torturing you.

And no, I've never read any Lovecraft. Done mumbling for now.

Strawman
2009-08-27, 11:07 PM
I used to have the occasional nightmare when I was younger.

1. I had a dream where I walked downstairs to eat breakfast, and their was this huge chicken-thing with a black hole in its stomache. The chicken was tall and thin almost like a person, and everything was getting sucked into the black hole. It seemed silly and terrifying all at once.

2. A dream where I'm in the backseat of a car, and my mom is driving us down the driveway. At the end of the driveway there is this plain-looking person swinging a ball and chain. For some reason I know the person is going to smash in the windows, and they can't be stopped. But the car never reaches the bottom of the driveway.

3. Many, many dreams involving Stephen King's It. I saw that movie when I was way too young.

Hijax
2009-08-28, 01:27 AM
Most of my nightmares i had when i was very little, they all involved my mom disappearing while we were somewhere with a lot of people.

One particular nightmare, not especially scary, i do seem to never forget.

It starts with me standing in our yard, some guy who is apparently a criminal is holding me tight, a knife across my throat. My mother stands across the yard, looking terrified, and the criminal just keep shouting "One step and the kid dies, You just stay there and nothing needs happen to the kid..." Then i hear a siren, and the last thing i feel before i wake, breathing heavily, is the knife closing in on my skin.

Jergmo
2009-08-28, 01:58 AM
Eh, you can argue about whether it was another part of the dream and I didn't realize I had woken up after it, or if I have an overactive imagination or it was real or what, but I had a dream, but I wasn't in it -- I figure it took place somewhere in Vietnam from the surroundings, the people, and their language. There was a man who apparently was a soldier, and had an assault rifle and a knife, a little girl maybe six years old at the most, with a little boy a couple years younger, I assume her little brother. There was a length of rusty pipe protruding from the ground on the side of a dirt road they were standing on, and the soldier was yelling at the little girl and making her dig in front of it to find something that was buried underneath it, threatening them with his gun. Then, while the little girl was digging and crying, he took the knife and cut a section of the bridge of the boy's nose clean out, so there was an empty rectangular space.
When I woke up I was fine, all things considering, and I was struggling to fall back asleep but when I closed my eyes I saw that scene in my dream again, and then I could see clearly in my head an image of a large hunched over shadow-thing with dimly glowing red eyes and hands with long, spidery fingers, and I couldn't turn over to look at it because I knew that if I did, something horrible would happen to me, and I could see one of its hands reaching towards me and I couldn't do anything, and I lay there a good half hour unable to move from fear before it felt safe and I turned on all the lights. Apparently there've been hundreds of similar encounters with critters like my Mr. Spidery Fingers according to a couple of my friends who are into the occult, but I'll let you folks take from this what you will.

Sereg
2009-08-28, 09:08 AM
I think that I may have mentioned one of the more unusual ones here before. Anyway, it was a purple, monkey like creature with six arms. It was amphibious, living in the ocean and leaping out of the water onto the deck of ships (these leaps are massive, dwarfing the height of the deck).While it was about human height (though very slightly stooped) and very thin, it was extremely strong and easily ripped up the planks of the deck which it would eat, taking bites out of the planks as easily as if they were bars of chocolate. It would proceed to eat a hole through the ship causing it to sink and the crew to drown.

Maybe I'll tell you more later.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-28, 09:30 AM
Very creepy indeed.
Something I dreamt just a few days ago:
I'm lying in an empty room with white walls and glaring, bright light... needles, IV tubes, and such are hooked into me everywhere, so I'm like a fleshy mass of cords. Then I realize my feet are drying in cement for some reason...suddenly, somehow, I know that I'm about to die, but I'm helpless to do anything at all. I just wait there, drowning in pain and terror, because my life will end very soon and I have no power to do anything whatsoever.

That whole scenario has so much potential for a story... btw, the first part there reminded me of this painting by my favorite artist (who's artwork is based off his dreams):
http://agaudi.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/internal_inspection.jpg

One particular nightmare, not especially scary, i do seem to never forget.
This thread is devoted to nightmare creatures, not just general nightmares. For those there are some great threads in Friendly Banter.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-08-29, 07:33 AM
Well, I've got one creature that invades every nightmare I have. Any time a dream is about to get really bad and I can't "figure out" a way to stop things, this thing invades. Unless it IS the antagonist of the dream. It looks like a tall, well-built man that was burned alive (kind of like V in the burning scene from V for Vendetta) but wrapped in barbwire, with blackened holes for eyes. There's some wire that hangs loose around his hands, but it's usually wrapped around his hands. He seems to be able to catch on fire and control the barbwire to get "reach." Usually though, he's covered in gray fog that clings to him kind of like armor, and his eye sockets are glowing white. So it's just this, gray man that turns into a demon every once in a while. Sometimes he kills me, eats me and becomes me, other time he just walks through some weird Silent Hill-type area while dead souls whisper about how "the gray man is coming" and other times he kills other nightmare thingies. I kind of dislike him, he never speaks.

Jergmo
2009-08-29, 12:25 PM
I kind of dislike him, he never speaks.

That's your only reason for disliking him?

Jalor
2009-08-29, 03:52 PM
Trust me when I say that there is nothing quite as spooky as being told a horror story about a creature in a dream by a person who turns out to be the monster described in the story.

I've experienced this too. The dream started out with a friend and I at some apartment. It was sparsely decorated and I didn't recognize it as anyplace I'd ever been. We were walking around, and he was talking about these recent killings by a creature with flesh that looked like wax that had melted, dripped, and cooled. Apparently it killed its victims by splattering them with acid. I told him just how ridiculous it sounded, and he swore it was true. We walked into a dark room, and I flicked the light switch. Nothing happened, which is a common sign of dreams. I go "I'm having a dream, aren't I?". He turns to me and replies "No, you're having a NIIIIIGHTMAAAAAREEE!". When he said "nightmare", his flesh started melting and dripping until he looked like the creature he described. He made a guttural noise in his throat, and spat acid all over my face and neck. Pain ensued, and I woke up.

Jergmo
2009-08-29, 04:28 PM
I go "I'm having a dream, aren't I?". He turns to me and replies "No, you're having a NIIIIIGHTMAAAAAREEE!". When he said "nightmare", his flesh started melting and dripping until he looked like the creature he described. He made a guttural noise in his throat, and spat acid all over my face and neck. Pain ensued, and I woke up.

Your subconscious has a twisted sense of humor.

rampaging-poet
2009-08-30, 10:04 PM
I once had a dream many years ago in which I chased an alien beast through tubes bright plastic tubes and across a playground.

The monster wasn't too big, just a little smaller than a medium-sized dog. Its body was covered in bony ridges and spikes that were a dark, metallic blue in the centre and faded to black or grey at the edges. It scampered about on four legs, and its head was dominated by a single large eye coloured similar to the rest of the beast. The strangest thing about it was the barbed chain that it left as it moved, sitting in the air as if tied to something and pulled taught. The chain grew longer as the creature moved, showing exactly where it had had been. This was how I tracked it until it somehow managed to sneak up behind me, at which point I woke up.

EleventhHour
2009-08-31, 12:43 AM
I've had some odd coffee and sugar fuelled dreams. Of course, I love them. While I would never pay to se a horror film that will take me a while to settle down from, my own twisted imaginings are the highest amusement.

We'll start with the least 'scary' dream.

Golden Beauties

Forenote : Almost every blonde I've met in real life has irritated me.

So, the world is mysteriously going all blonde, or so I learn through a mysterious 'Breaking News' show, (That I never even saw in the dream, but somehow watched between getting off the couch and going out the door, oddly relocated next to the couch) and so out on my adventure I go, though the dark woods that cropped up around my house overnight, down the road past the 7/11 that now has teeth edging the windows and doors, and to a mysteriously clean No Frills Grocery store. In the store I'm buying one of those Rolo Milkshakes, when I'm suddenly jumped by a team of... well, blonde acrobats, wearing leotards that would make a gaudy stripper blush. A wierd 3rd person perspective and a odd warm feeling later, I see myself in the mirror as a absolutely stereotypical blonde supermodel, and the counter cleck was smiling at me with a literal cardboard cutout grin. And then I woke up, somewhat confused.

Not all Dogs Go to Heavan

Note : I have a little puppy. She's cute.

So, for no paticular reason I'm out camping 'in the woods' with my dad. But 'in the woods' is actually next to a big old creaky barn. Soon the sky goes greyish, presumably it was supposed to be dusk, and there was a campfire dying down (I missed out on the marshmellows while exploring the grass. :smallfrown: ) and we end up just sitting there. And then there's this odd howl, and a mastif shows up at the edge of the... emberlight? With glowing crimson eyes and a mouthful of decaying fangs, yellowed or just falling apart even as I watch. The father pulls a gun... well, from nowhere and shoots the first leaping canine (Yeah, a bunch more decided for Scotty to beam them down a second later, or something.), a Greyhound with it's stomache ripped out and jagged ribs sticking out in all directions. I run for the barn and close the previously barred door behind me. (Yes, the planks nailed to it just erased themselves.) But some of the dogs just oozed through the cracks in the wood like playdough, somehow retaining thier shape the entire way through that process. (It's a dream. Bite me.) And so I grab a fireax (In an abandoned barn?!) And chop down the first one, outside I hear the crack of a rifle, and then a scream. Of course, it isn't the dogs, because aside from the one with the crimson eyes, thier all silent. The big black one (Red eyes himself.) Leaps through the window in the closed door, glass everywhere, and I get him face to face. His snout is ripped up all along one side showing broken bone and brownish muscle, his flanks are well coated, but blood drips from the chest, that could have been a snowy white, at some point. His gristle slice of meat that extended from his mouth ran along my cheek, and... I woke up, staring wildly at my alarm clock, it's cord gripped between my hands.

Blackheart (This one, I'm going to write a story for! Because despite being fairly horrible, I like it as a narrative. So, 3rd person recreation of my dream.)

She slumped back against the peeling wallpaper of the old house, it's rose-print faded and waterlogged, rolling up from the floor molding in thin strips, where the texture was weakest. A single rose done in spectacular detail was revealed from behind the greyed paper covering, carved into the redwood of the wall and glistening as if made from ruby and shimmering emerald. A soft pale hand reaches out to it, stroking the engraved stem, when a prick of wood stings the girl's fingers, and she draws them back, just as the little thorn drew blood.

The wall rumbled quietly, then rolled to the side, redwood replaced by a polished oaken staircase. The little bulter that had served in the place as many years as it had stood, was in an apopolyptic rage, flapping his arms in the cheap little black and white suit making his pudgy form reminescent of a penguin attempting to fly. He waddled forward, forcing her toward the still descending stairs, making the attempt to climb it akin to running up a down escalator.

She tripped, stubbing her knee against the rounded edge of a lowering stair, as it began to curve into a recursive spiral, over and over atop itself, and on she went with the stairs, drawn by something that whispered to her in the shadows, until she was far beyond the hieght that the building should have contained, even in it's teetering towers. ....

To be Continued... (Once I get home from work. :smalltongue:)