PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 PrC] The Spirit Caller. My first homebrew [PEACH]

Masaioh
2009-08-28, 04:39 PM
I have no idea how to do a chart on these forums, so I'm just going to type out the info and make it as coherent as I can. This is a prestige class with 10 levels that I made with the help of my DnD group.

BAB and saves are same as Wizard.

Hit Die: d4

Requirements
-Spells: Summon monster III or Summon nature’s ally III.
-Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 13 ranks, or Knowledge (nature) 13 ranks, or Knowledge (religion) 13 ranks.
-Special: Must have made peaceful contact with at least one type of creature.

Class Skills: Same as base class.

Skill points/level: 2 + Int modifier

Alignment Restriction: The Spirit Caller may not summon a creature of an opposite alignment. If the Spirit Caller is true neutral, she may not summon a creature of an extreme alignment (LG, CG, LE, CE). If a creature is usually a certain alignment, the Spirit Caller may attempt a Knowledge skill check (DC = target’s CR x2) to locate a creature whose alignment deviates from the norm of it’s race.

Weapon and Armor proficiencies: None.

Favored Cohort: The Spirit Caller may not summon a creature if she has not previously made peaceful contact with a creature of the same type. She may only summon a creature of that type. At 5th level, she gains access to a second type, but only after she goes through a similar right of passage.

HD Pool: The Spirit Caller may only summon creatures of a certain HD, and of a Challenge Rating no greater than her ECL +2. If the Spirit Caller summons a creature with a Challenge Rating greater than her own, she may not summon any other creatures until it is either dismissed or slain. Summoning one creature is a standard action. The HD pool progression is as follows: 10 HD at 1st level, increasing by 2/level until 10th. This means that a 10th level Spirit Caller may summon up to 28 HD of creatures at once.

Telepathic Link (Su): At 2nd level, the Spirit Caller may communicate with her summoned cohorts telepathically at will, as the Mind Link psionic power.

Summon Multiple Creatures: At 4th level, the Spirit Caller may summon up to 3 creatures as a standard action. This limit increases at 8th level. At 10th level, there is no limit to the number of creatures that can be summoned, as long as they do not exceed the Spirit Caller’s HD pool.

Spirit Fusion (Su): At 10th level, the Spirit Caller may use the hit dice, initiative, speed, armor class, or base attack bonus belonging to one of her cohorts, or one of its special qualities, base saves, ability scores, skills or feats as a standard action. This effect lasts until dispelled by the caster. The cohort disappears while this ability is active, but it still uses up the same amount of HD. Only one ability may be used at any time.

Siosilvar
2009-08-28, 06:28 PM
Tables are relatively easy;

{table]First Column | Second Column | Third Column
Second Row |2,2|(2,3)|I'm not here[/table]

{table]First Column | Second Column | Third Column
Second Row |2,2|(2,3)|I'm not here[/table]