View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 66: T'nari Green vs. Deathbringer

ArenaManager
2009-09-05, 04:23 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 66: T'nari Green vs. Deathbringer

Map:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b30/Kyeudo/CloudArena.jpg

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

T'nari Green (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=147684) - Strangie
Deathbringer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=149814) - Lubirio

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any

Lubirio
2009-09-05, 05:15 PM
Checking in, no purchases, probably no money for reactionary purchases anyway.

[roll0]

Strangie
2009-09-05, 09:05 PM
Here I am.

No purchases.

Init: [roll0]

EDIT: Oops, forgot I had Improved Init, haha. Should be 14, but not that it matters.

Lubirio
2009-09-05, 09:38 PM
I guess I'll start then:

Death Bringer - Round 1

Start in M25, double move at regular speed to K14.
[roll0]
[roll1]
These rolls don't include any modifiers for moving faster than half speed, add them accordingly.

Stats:
Position: K14
HP: 6/6
AC: 15 (T:15/FF:12)
Maneuvers: Stunning Fist 1/day.

Strangie
2009-09-05, 09:58 PM
T'nari, Round 1

Ref question: Do the clouds count as being spaces we can walk on, as well, or do they not have floors?

Start in N2, with longbow in hand, buckler strapped to wrist

Move at half speed to Q2.
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Readied Action: Shoot Deathbringer if he ever enters LoS

Done.

Stats:

AC: 17 (Base 10 + Dex 4 + Armor 3)
HP: 8/8
Position: Q2

hustlertwo
2009-09-05, 10:07 PM
Strangie

They are just like regular squares, except the essentially have the Obscuring Mist spell cast on them with some minor differences listed in the map text. No movement penalty or anything like that.

LoS check:

T'Nari

No LoS

Deathbringer

No LoS

Lubirio
2009-09-05, 10:43 PM
Death Bringer - Round 2
Double Move at half speed to K14->K13->K12->K11->K10->L9->L8, for 30ft of movement.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stats:
Position: L8
Stunning Fist 1/day.

Strangie
2009-09-05, 10:58 PM
T'nari, Round 2

Move at half speed to S4.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Readied action: Shoot Deathbringer if he comes within LoS.

Done.

Stats:

AC: 17 (Base 10 + Dex 4 + Armor 3)
HP: 8/8
Position: S4

Mavian
2009-09-05, 11:20 PM
@Refs

T L [roll0] -4 distance
D L [roll1] -more since he was farther away when T moved.

@T'nari

No Los

@Death

No LoS

Lubirio
2009-09-05, 11:53 PM
Death Bringer - Round 3:

Move Action: move straight diagonal to P4, will revise if LoS is gained.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Add apropriate penalties for moving speed.

Not done, waiting on possible LoS.

Mavian
2009-09-05, 11:59 PM
@Refs

D-Spot [roll0]

@T'nari

You see Death moving south west,

@Death

No LoS

Lubirio
2009-09-06, 12:26 AM
Move Action: Move at regular speed P4->Q3->R2->S1->T1.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Add appropriate modifiers for speed.

Done. Have been forgetting that...

Stats:
Position: T1
Stunning Fist 1/day.

Refs:
Just noticed something: my move speed is 40ft, not 30ft. *facepalm* I'm not counting on reversing all those turns already past to make the proper adjustments, but I'll be going at 40ft from now on, just so you're aware. :smallwink:

Strangie
2009-09-06, 01:06 AM
Refs:
My readied action goes off when LoS is established, as stated. What square do I spot him in?

Not done, need this question answered first.

Strangie
2009-09-06, 04:33 AM
Bah. Well, I wanted to wait for my question to get answered first, but I suppose it doesn't matter.

T'nari establishes LoS with Deathbringer at some point, and his readied action triggers. Exactly where I'll leave to the refs because it wasn't stated in the spoiler.

For Ref:
If it is within 30', I gain a +1 to hit and damage. If my position is revealed from the attack, please make that known. Also, if Death does not see me attacking him, he should be considered flatfooted.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If Crit:
Crit Check: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

EDIT: Uh oh. It might not even matter. I think this may be game, unless someone has a reason to declare otherwise. I still don't know what space I picked up LoS from, only that I had LoS.

Lubirio
2009-09-06, 04:38 AM
I have the feat diehard, so I would be at -5 and disabled... But I'm not sure you'd still have LoS at the end of my turn, I move into some clouds, we need a ref to decide on this before we take it any further. I hope of course for a possible rewind. :smallbiggrin:

Strangie
2009-09-06, 05:04 AM
Ah, yeah, I forgot about the Diehard thing. If you were within 30' when I shot you, you'll be at -8 instead, though, because of Point Blank Shot (and its damage getting multiplied as well). I didn't include it in the damage because I wasn't sure if it applied or not.

But, yes, we'll need a Ref to decide exactly what happens from here.

EDIT: ... wait a second. T'nari has Favored Enemy (Orc) +2. And with a critical hit that's like an extra 6 damage. I think you are dead, my friend, with or without Point Blank Shot.

Lubirio
2009-09-06, 05:48 AM
that makes for one very lucky shot... so let's calculate damage again:
rolled damage = 11
favored enemy = 4 (+2, multiplied for crit)
point blank shot = 2 (maybe multiplied for crit, if not no difference, I'll still be dead)
that adds up to 17, putting me at -11, dead, so I guess all depends on the fact that I may or may not have been within 30ft of you at the time you shot, if I'm not within 30ft, he survives! (at -9HP and disabled, but he lives!).

Since you had LoS, could you measure the distance between you and the most logical place for you to have gained LoS to me (probably N6, that's where I emerged from the clouds). Or we could ask a ref to measure dist.

Even if I survive, I'll probably get killed, but Death Bringer fights to the bitter end, however soon that may come. :smallwink:

Strangie
2009-09-06, 06:00 AM
Actually, a bow's threat range is x3, so the +2 favored enemy bonus and the +1 PBS bonus would be x3 as well.

So...

Rolled damage: 11
Favored Enemy +2: 6
Point Blank Shot bonus: 3

20 damage, total, if all of that is correct and applies. Yikes. Sorry, dude. I am going to go to bed as it's like 7 in the morning over here, so when I get up I'll see how this got resolved.

At the very least, it was a quick death. :smalleek:

Lubirio
2009-09-06, 06:27 AM
yes, so even without the point blank range, it's bye-bye for me.

Before falling lifelessly on the floor, Death Bringer looked T'nari in the eye, making a silent vow, to Bring death to him. He then fell onto the floor, dead in a single shot by T'nari's mighty bow.

If anything above is illogical because I'm dead the moment the arrow enters me, disregard it. :smallwink:

Mavian
2009-09-06, 03:44 PM
High Ref Mav:

T'Nari gets the win and the loot

Strangie
2009-09-06, 04:09 PM
T'nari walks out of the clouds to Deathbringer's south, placing a boot on his back and tearing out the arrow that felled him.

"How unfortunate."

Well that was sort of undramatic. Oh well, haha. Good luck in the loser's bracket.