PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXVI: It's gonna be the Future Imperfect soon!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:05 PM
Anyway, back on topic...

I'm not sure how realistic a name is if it starts with "Tales of swords...", especially as swords don't actually do anything. It's the people hacking your shins off with them that we care about.

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 03:06 PM
Click the name of the Wiki up the top, where the picture of the green-lantern is. (The lantern with green flame, that is)

Oooh, smart....

Dude, not funny :smallannoyed:

Hand-shakes are weirder.....

Mina Kobold
2009-09-21, 03:09 PM
Hand-shakes are weirder.....

What?

Anyway, what about Tales of Spirits and Sorcery?

T-O-E
2009-09-21, 03:11 PM
I don't know, it sounds too generic and cliché.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 03:13 PM
Another idea for the Karrish
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Idea3.png

Yeah.. I really think having a monkey race is strange since one race can actually turn into a monkey :smalltongue:

EDIT:
Yet another idea... I think this is really creepy!
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Idea4.png

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:17 PM
Ooh, this one's interesting... and more eyes means faster reading, so that fits in with their magic based around files, bumbers and whatever.
Also, you can call them "four-eyes". Heh.

chriky
2009-09-21, 03:17 PM
I can't be bothered to read through the last ten pages so can i just make sure that whats been said is only about the new plot and not about FI or anything else.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 03:18 PM
I can't be bothered to read through the last ten pages so can i just make sure that whats been said is only about the new plot and not about FI or anything else.

It is all about the new plot :P

And... Yeah! Thats what I had in mind with the 4 eyes and 4 ears! You got it! Adaboy! :smallbiggrin:

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:20 PM
How we got from that to the Thing From the One-Eyed Lagoon, though...

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 03:20 PM

Have fun..... (http://encyclopedia-novaris.wikispaces.com/)

MethosH
2009-09-21, 03:22 PM
Another idea.. Its a variant of the tall one
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Idea5.png

Bayar
2009-09-21, 03:24 PM
They need to reproduce, don't they? :smallbiggrin:

Oh great. Thanks for making me think the implications of them sneezing in public.

Although it was a little less disturbing when I remembered cutebolds.

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:24 PM
It's like the tall one and the interesting one did it. While on drugs.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 03:32 PM
It's like the tall one and the interesting one did it. While on drugs.

I know! Isnt that freaking awesome? :smallbiggrin:

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:34 PM
...In a way, yes. Yes it is.

BRC
Concerning the new Designs: I like the four-eyed one better than the grey one.
The four arms is interesting, but seems a little complex.
Actually, upon thinking, that grey one is pretty interesting, and I might modify it slightly. I could picture them as long and lanky...

Origionally, I imagined Kar as being a tropical island, but I might go with those grey guys, and make it a rocky and foggy island. Their grey skin evolved as a form of Camoflauge, their height as a method of wading through tidal pools. Their cities tend to be lots of tall towers...yes, I could work with that. More thoughts later.

MethosH
And he has that kind of sub-arm that makes it faster to do math :smallcool:

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:40 PM
Coolio. Now all we need is... a lot, but still!

Mina Kobold
2009-09-21, 03:45 PM
Another idea for the Karrish
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Idea3.png

Yay! Mutant picachu men :smalltongue:

I like the grey one too :smallbiggrin:

Moskstraumen
2009-09-21, 03:49 PM
It's good, but I think the feet should be a little less long. And you might want make the hands wider, though I'm not entirely sure about that one.

Thanks. I want to make the next change my last one, so any other advice?

MethosH
2009-09-21, 03:50 PM
Yay! Mutant picachu men :smalltongue:

I like the grey one too :smallbiggrin:

Thats what you get for leting teenagers left home to explore the world with just 10 dolars and a yellow giant rat for company :smallbiggrin:

Thanks. I want to make the next change my last one, so any other advice?

Take a look at my tutorial on flame spells :smallbiggrin:

V'icternus
2009-09-21, 03:54 PM
Bigger hands, smaller feet, and listen to Methos, and you should be fine. Better than I was when I started out...

Moskstraumen
2009-09-21, 04:12 PM
Take a look at my tutorial on flame spells :smallbiggrin:

Tutorial? Where?

MethosH
2009-09-21, 04:14 PM
Tutorial? Where?

Oh! Sorry!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6831175&postcount=142

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-21, 05:05 PM
Here's my character:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/kalpchar.png

He's a Kalp "scout" for the Archmage. He was the only one close enough to the auction to show up at it in the short notice the Archmage gave them. He plans to steal the creature and return to the Kalp city with it.

As I said earlier, Kalps do not have names, so just call him Kalp.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 05:15 PM
Here's my character:

He's a Kalp "scout" for the Archmage. He was the only one close enough to the auction to show up at it in the short notice the Archmage gave them. He plans to steal the creature and return to the Kalp city with it.

As I said earlier, Kalps do not have names, so just call him Kalp.

Can we give him a nick name, like.. Bob? :smalltongue:

I'm thinking of making a Karrish... As soon as I know what they look like lol

BRC
2009-09-21, 05:15 PM

Working on Karrish model based on Methos's ideas. Right now, I've got things to do though, so they will be done later.

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-21, 05:17 PM

Sure, if you want to. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I kind of liked BRC's first design for the Karrish...but whatever.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 05:39 PM
Sure, if you want to. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I kind of liked BRC's first design for the Karrish...but whatever.

Can I poke him and call him a different name each time? :smallbiggrin:

Well, I'm not saying I dislike the first design.. I'm just saying we already got people that can turn into monkeys, I find that a bit unecessary

BRC
2009-09-21, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I kind of disliked having another Anthropomorcized animal race, even if the animal in question is already fairly humanoid to begin with.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I kind of disliked having another Anthropomorcized animal race, even if the animal in question is already fairly humanoid to begin with.

Yeah... at first it sounded "no cat girls? no problem! monkey girls! They have 4 hands dude! And a working tail! So... kind of 5 hands! right?"

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 06:09 PM
Or "Chronicles of Novaris".....

Hey DLB, how can I move in that wiki of yours at home page?

Aye, Chronicles of Novaris has a nice ring to it...

Khaeta
2009-09-21, 06:22 PM
Alright, so I think my character's gonna be some sort of thief. He somehow got bonded to a spirit against his will, so he can't remember most of his past, and thus tends to be really pissed at said spirit in general. Spirit's generally going to be uncooperative and has a sort of "why me" sort of attitude towards the thief (who will have a name once I think of one), probably providing comic relief. Of course, it's impossible to separate them, so they're stuck together...

EDIT:

Aye, Chronicles of Novaris has a nice ring to it...
Sounds good.

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 06:25 PM
3 people are for it, so we have a name.

When do we start?

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-21, 06:26 PM
3 people are for it, so we have a name.

When do we start?

Whenever DLB makes the first comic, presumably.

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 06:29 PM
Whenever DLB makes the first comic, presumably.

So what groups are currently planning the heist at the auction, and where is the creature kept? For that matter, what the hell does it look like?:smallconfused:

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-21, 06:34 PM
So what groups are currently planning the heist at the auction, and where is the creature kept? For that matter, what the hell does it look like?:smallconfused:

That gives me an idea: perhaps all the people planning to steal the creature have teamed up so that they have a better chance of pulling it off.

Of course, once they actually get it, no doubt they will betray each other and attempt to take it for themselves. :smalltongue:

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 06:35 PM

Goldcloaks, mad alchemist, Karrish, archmage and "mysterious wizard you know nothing about"(directed by me) for sure.....

How it looks I dunno, but I bet it will glow green....

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 06:38 PM
Goldcloaks, mad alchemist, Karrish, archmage and "mysterious wizard you know nothing about"(directed by me) for sure.....

How it looks I dunno, but I bet it will glow green....

Naturally. But where is he being kept?

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 06:53 PM
Naturally. But where is he being kept?

Well, I don't remember DLB mention that but it was captured somehow. I would suggest some sort of portable item with ability to create pocket dimensions where the being is kept for now(Maybe amulet or staff would do the job).

We can of course also go with magical cage and pillar of green light shackled in the middle so everyone can look at it.....

MethosH
2009-09-21, 06:56 PM
Why not make this a hunt instead of a search? Maybe the creature is lose.

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 06:58 PM
Why not make this a hunt instead of a search? Maybe the creature is lose.

Because most of people agreed to begin with auction? Well, I would like to start with it too....

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 06:59 PM
Well, I don't remember DLB mention that but it was captured somehow. I would suggest some sort of portable item with ability to create pocket dimensions where the being is kept for now(Maybe amulet or staff would do the job).

We can of course also go with magical cage and pillar of green light shackled in the middle so everyone can look at it.....

Okay, but can the item have metal in it? It's necessary for my character to have a significant role.

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 07:03 PM
Um, yes....so I suggested few ways where to keep it until it will be auctioned.....did I forgot something?:smallconfused:

Sorry, I misread your post. :smallredface:

MethosH
2009-09-21, 07:04 PM
Because most of people agreed to begin with auction? Well, I would like to start with it too....

ohhhhh sorry.. I missed that memo

-skimmer-
2009-09-21, 07:04 PM
Okay, but can the item have metal in it? It's necessary for my character to have a significant role.

Both amulets and staffs can be made of metal, you can also suggest something else if you want...

BRC
2009-09-21, 07:10 PM
Alright, new Karrish designs
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Karrish-1.png
And an explanation concerning the bottom two
Most Karrish fight with polearms, often derived from fishing implements (see the Merchants walking stick/spear thingy). However, those trained to fight one on one generally chose between one of two martial styles.
Triesta: This style is based around rapid movement, the fighter wields three weapons, traditionally two daggers and a rapier, often tossing the weapons between their hands to disorient their opponent. Those that use this style are known as Triestarios.
Forcarne: This style is a more deadly variant of Karrish wrestle-boxing. The longer upper arms are heavily armored, and are used to grab and generally control the opponent. The lower arms remain unencumbered, and wield light weapons. The Forcarnario pins of restricts his or her opponent’s movement with their long arms, then goes for the kill with the shorter arms.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 07:13 PM
Alright, new Karrish designs
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Karrish-1.png
And an explanation concerning the bottom two
Most Karrish fight with polearms, often derived from fishing implements (see the Merchants walking stick/spear thingy). However, those trained to fight one on one generally chose between one of two martial styles.
Triesta: This style is based around rapid movement, the fighter wields three weapons, traditionally two daggers and a rapier, often tossing the weapons between their hands to disorient their opponent. Those that use this style are known as Triestarios.
Forcarne: This style is a more deadly variant of Karrish wrestle-boxing. The longer upper arms are heavily armored, and are used to grab and generally control the opponent. The lower arms remain unencumbered, and wield light weapons. The Forcarnario pins of restricts his or her opponent’s movement with their long arms, then goes for the kill with the shorter arms.

Can they use 2 longbows or 2 spears like modrons? Are they tall and kind of skinny like my original design or just regular?

EDIT: By the way, I loved the 2 martial arts styles you came up with, do you mind if I came up with some myself?

BRC
2009-09-21, 07:16 PM
Can they use 2 longbows or 2 spears like modrons? Are they tall and kind of skinny like my original design or just regular?

Tall and skinny (the image is very small). They could probably use two spears, but two bows would be very tricky, so it's probably not standard.

Edit: No problem.

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 07:20 PM
A bit about the Ogres: They are actually very civil, but for unknown reasons follow a philosophy that ogres are meant to hunt, and all other races to be hunted. They are divided, for many of them regret having to constantly kill but are too set in their ways/scared to protest, while others enjoy killing. The latter is a much smaller and widely despised group, but it is likely that it is the originator of the philosophy.
Ogres to not kill for food, but will avoid wasting it if possible, giving it to other ogres which are hungry. They are also careful not to kill to excess, each family always killing exactly 50 non-ogres a month.

MethosH
2009-09-21, 07:29 PM
Tall and skinny (the image is very small). They could probably use two spears, but two bows would be very tricky, so it's probably not standard.

Edit: No problem.

Modrons use 2 long bows because of their racial bonus.. superior multiweapon fighting :D

Anyway... here are 2 ideas... I havent done the draw yet because I need to finish my studies first (lol)

Medium range combat:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Kamatoran.png
1 - Kamatoran:
The Kamatoran martial style was developed for a defencive strategy during close encounters. A Karrish would carry with his up arms two medium size shields with spikes, and with his lower arms a long spear. The shields are used to create a barrier and protect the Karrish while the spear is used to keep the enemy at a safe distance.
Those that train the Kamatoran also carry a long sword with them (only one) and they are trained to use them is the enemy get to close or if the enemy is caring a bow (in that case the Karrish would want to get close to his foe). Their train uses the free hand to grab and disarm the foe during combat, while the two shield provide protection.
The third and last variation of this style involves fighting using only the shields. With 2 medium or 2 small shields (called the Kamatoran Martak style) or with a single medium or large shield (called the Kamatoran Merlok style).
Those that train these style are called Kamatoraners, and they depend upon their shields.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Yowokata.png

2 - Yowogaz:
The Yowogaz style believes that getting close to your foe is always the last resource, but getting to far away from him is an act of cowardly. They fight with a long spear in the upper arms and a short bow on the lower arms. They use the long spear to keep their enemies at a safe distance while shot them with the bow. This particular style requires a great amount of dexterity to master, therefore the only other weapon they carry is a dagger for close surprise encounters and they never use heavy armour.
Those that follow the path of Yowogaz are called Yowokatas.

EDIT:
I'm adding the drawings

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-21, 07:47 PM
OK. My finished character: http://www.pargeter.org/Ebon_Flow/Tios.png

His name is Tios. He's a human(if need be, I can take the horns off) fighter.
He carries a short sword and two daggers, as is obvious.

T-O-E
2009-09-21, 07:56 PM
Is that character for FI (Future Imperfect)?

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-21, 08:10 PM
Right, so I've made two races of my own WITHOUT ripping off videogames. One of them is a species of people who wear hoods all the time (there's IS more to their race then that, though) which I will not share because there is already a race like that in this thing, and a race that is SO great, I have decided not to share it with you. It can be the subject of an entire fancomic later on down the road.

...I don't know why I'm telling you all this. :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Khaeta
2009-09-21, 08:17 PM
Wait, did somebody mention a heist? :smallconfused:

MethosH
2009-09-21, 08:23 PM
I present you the Kamatoraner

Khaeta
2009-09-21, 08:39 PM
...Wow the thread died fast. Must be because I started posting.
*sigh*

The Gremlin
2009-09-21, 08:42 PM
...Wow the thread died fast. Must be because I started posting.
*sigh*

*Avoids responding*
Guys--the light is still green. Don't say anything until he's offline!
...dammit. :smallannoyed:

MethosH
2009-09-21, 09:27 PM
Ok! Here are the two designs!

A Yowokata
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Yowokata.png

and a Kamatoraner

EDIT:

New wiki page
http://encyclopedia-novaris.wikispaces.com/Karrish+Fighting+Styles

BRC, you may want to edit the Karrish description on the wiki. They are still kind of monkey people over there.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-09-21, 11:04 PM
Question!
Has this world had magic in it for ever? Or is it a relatively recent (historically speaking) development?

Helloooo?

Also, what was supposed to be the driving force of the plot? I was under the impression that it had a creature that was the source of all magic holed up in a cave or mountain or something and then the players were going to go find it.

Darklord Bright
2009-09-21, 11:07 PM
Helloooo?

Also, what was supposed to be the driving force of the plot? I was under the impression that it had a creature that was the source of all magic holed up in a cave or mountain or something and then the players were going to go find it.

First off, magic has been around a long time, but few people really had the willpower to learn it.

Second off, we've been discussing the plot for about the last few pages. I was under the impression it was beginning with the magical creature being auctioned off and a couple of the larger factions trying to steal it for themselves.

Edit: Also, as far as I know, it is not the "Source of all magic", but instead operates on a completely unknown and vastly powerful new magic.

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 03:14 AM
Alright, threw this together pretty quicky, but if you need a creature, here you go.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3280/thecreature.png

I get this idea that due to the uncontrolled magic that he radiates, he empowers any other magic nearby (and causes Spirits to feel pretty spine tinglingly good), but if, say, a Spiritbound touched him, the Spirit and Spiritbound would both be overwhelmed with the pain of all that magic conflicting at once.

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 03:25 AM
This, being a bigger decision, should be left until more people have decided on it, but your idea is out there now, so that's good.

In other news, I've set up a Characters page on the wiki in preparation for the coming plot, but people can feel free to fill it out (Minus the plot paragraph) if they want to.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 03:35 AM
This, being a bigger decision, should be left until more people have decided on it, but your idea is out there now, so that's good.

In other news, I've set up a Characters page on the wiki in preparation for the coming plot, but people can feel free to fill it out (Minus the plot paragraph) if they want to.

Can we still post our character here? Or do we have to put it on the wiki instead?

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 03:36 AM
Can we still post our character here? Or do we have to put it on the wiki instead?

Go ahead and post it here, get any issues people have sorted out, then paste the final copy over on the wiki, or just go straight ahead and sort it out later. I have no issues, really. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 03:48 AM
Go ahead and post it here, get any issues people have sorted out, then paste the final copy over on the wiki, or just go straight ahead and sort it out later. I have no issues, really. :smallsmile:

Okay.

Here he is:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1701/weasel2.png

Weasel:
No one knows what his real name is, not even himself. Weasel gave up his memories to complete the spiritbound that saved his life and only remembers that he lost someone or something of great importance and that something horrible happened that destroyed everything with connected him to his past. Knowing this he set out in the world with a new name to start anew.
He currently works as a mercenary and hunter (and not just of animals) for some faction I haven't chosen yet because I can't seem to find a page about them on the wiki.

What do you think? :smallsmile:

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 03:51 AM
Okay.

Here he is:

Weasel:
No one knows what his real name is, not even himself. Weasel gave up his memories to complete the spiritbound that saved his life and only remembers that he lost someone or something of great importance and that something horrible happened that destroyed everything with connected him to his past. Knowing this he set out in the world with a new name to start anew.
He currently works as a mercenary and hunter (and not just of animals) for some faction I haven't chosen yet because I can't seem to find a page about them on the wiki.

It's vague, but okay. Also, there are a few factions scattered around - The Goldcloaks in the magic section, a bit about the Archmage in the Kalps on the races if I recall, and the Anti-Magic group can be learnt about from any link to "Endhaven".

Not all of the factions have been fully discussed. I invite people to make a section for them if they are up to the task of finding the information. Sin could easily organise a more specific section on the Archmage.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 03:55 AM
It's vague, but okay. Also, there are a few factions scattered around - The Golcloaks in the magic section, a bit about the Archmage in the Kalps on the races if I recall, and the Anti-Magic group can be learnt about from any link to "Endhaven".

It's vague because he don't know more than the last three years. I was thinking of including a "or did it?..." at the "destroyed everything which connected him to his past" should I add that to the final version?

Also he probably workks for the goldcloaks.

PS: Dancing weasel

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2853/weasel1.png

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 04:03 AM
Dancing weasel?

Or Caramelldansen Weasel! *Plays crappy Japanese anime music*

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 04:09 AM
Dancing weasel?

Or Caramelldansen Weasel! *Plays crappy Japanese anime music*

It's actually Swedish.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 04:23 AM
It's actually Swedish.

I knew it was something like that (not much difference from the Danish word)

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 04:24 AM
I know that.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 04:27 AM
I know that.

Swedish dance + Japanese music =

Rebirth of Apocalypse?

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 04:30 AM
The only Japanese part of the song was the flash animations people made afterwards to the sped up version they thought was cute, I'm pretty sure.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 04:58 AM
Right, so I've made two races of my own WITHOUT ripping off videogames. One of them is a species of people who wear hoods all the time (there's IS more to their race then that, though) which I will not share because there is already a race like that in this thing, and a race that is SO great, I have decided not to share it with you. It can be the subject of an entire fancomic later on down the road.

...I don't know why I'm telling you all this. :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Q, most of characters here wear hood all the time:smalltongue:

Khaeta
2009-09-22, 05:38 AM
I still can't log on to the wiki...

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 05:55 AM
Well, I can, so it's a localised problem.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-22, 06:09 AM
Q, most of characters here wear hood all the time:smalltongue:

Yeah. There is too many of them. I'm getting sick of hoods. SCREW HOODS! :smallmad:

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 06:40 AM
Then you wont like my new character, Hoody Hood McHoodington the Hood-wearing Hood-maker wizard who wears a hood.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 07:05 AM
My characters:
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/Novaris2.png

That thirion girl is obviously a bodyguard of that human mage and although he looks quite experienced, he doesn't belong to Goldcloaks.

I don't feel like telling you more, you have to start plot first or something:smalltongue:

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 07:09 AM
Looks cool. I wonder what they'd look like in my style... hmm...

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 07:38 AM
My characters:

That thirion girl is obviously a bodyguard of that human mage and although he looks quite experienced, he doesn't belong to Goldcloaks.

I don't feel like telling you more, you have to start plot first or something:smalltongue:

What happened to him? He look like it hurt (lack of hair, odd body shape and the bandags)

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 07:55 AM
What happened to him? He look like it hurt (lack of hair, odd body shape and the bandags)

Guess what happens to you when you begin to drink questionable potions to enhance your strenght.....that's right, alchemy has it's dangers too:smallcool:

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 07:58 AM
Guess what happens to you when you begin to drink questionable potions to enhance your strenght.....that's right, alchemy has it's dangers too:smallcool:

Cool, What did he give up for the spiritbound?

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 08:27 AM
Cool, What did he give up for the spiritbound?

Isn't that apparent?

Some greedy magicians thinks that certain emotions are redundancy while memories are experience worth of gold. No seriously, what are Fear or Self-preservation good for when you seek omnipotence? It just slows you down:smalltongue:

Atleast most of antagonists thinks that way. Who knows what he thinks <.<

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 08:39 AM
But fear is good! Keeps you alive. The lack of it will make for a very interesting character...

BRC
2009-09-22, 08:45 AM
I'm not quite sure who my character will be. They will definetally be Karrish, I'm thinking a Triestaria who serves as an agent for one of the companies, plus the management and other employees, though the Treistaria (or Triestario, havn't decided on their gender yet) will be my primary characcter.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 08:47 AM
But fear is good! Keeps you alive. The lack of it will make for a very interesting character...

Yeah, heh heh....we should really start the plot before you guys figure out why such looney have a bodyguard with him >.>

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 08:52 AM
Isn't that apparent?

Some greedy magicians thinks that certain emotions are redundancy while memories are experience worth of gold. No seriously, what are Fear or Self-preservation good for when you seek omnipotence? It just slows you down:smalltongue:

Atleast most of antagonists thinks that way. Who knows what he thinks <.<

Funny thing he'll lose that desire if he loses the wrong emotions.

I bet the bodyguard is there to get him away when he should be scared enough to do so on his own but ain't.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 08:55 AM
My characters:

Don't mean to nitpick, but his eyes should be green.

BRC
2009-09-22, 08:56 AM

Unless he's blind. Maybe he gave up his vision. Skimmer said Some mages may give up their fear, not that this particular mage did.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 08:57 AM

They'll be in comic. I just wanted to show it's not his natural eye color...

Unless he's blind. Maybe he gave up his vision. Skimmer said Some mages may give up their fear, not that this particular mage did.

Honestly, I would draw even blind mage with glowing eyes....

Also he could get blind while was playing with his potions.....or he isn't blind at all...

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 09:01 AM
Yeah, heh heh....we should really start the plot before you guys figure out why such looney have a bodyguard with him >.>

He's boinking her?

...Whaaaaat?

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 09:04 AM
He's boinking her?

...Whaaaaat?

*Smack* :smallmad:

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 09:22 AM
It makes sense, dammit!

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 09:40 AM
It makes sense, dammit!

You know, that's where emotion loss is generaly convenient idea how to avoid awkward situations....

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 10:11 AM
You know, that's where emotion loss is generaly convenient idea how to avoid awkward situations....

So am I the only guy to put his character on the wiki?

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 10:16 AM

No, I'm just not member yet so I can't put up anything.....and I never managed wiki before, but it looks kinda easy...

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 11:17 AM

I just requested membership so I can't put mine on yet, sorry :smallfrown:

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 12:28 PM
I still can't log on to the wiki...

Making an account would be the way to start. I haven't recieved any notification that you have one...

Unless you mean you can't even get the wiki to load, in which case it's a local problem.

Also, all people who have signed up so far are approved. It makes me approve you all when I go to the homepage. :smallsmile:

Khaeta
2009-09-22, 01:12 PM
Making an account would be the way to start. I haven't recieved any notification that you have one...

Unless you mean you can't even get the wiki to load, in which case it's a local problem.

Also, all people who have signed up so far are approved. It makes me approve you all when I go to the homepage. :smallsmile:

I tried to create an account, I got the confirmation email, and every time I try to log in it just refreshes the page. It doesn't do anything, it doesn't let me log in. I'll try to make a new account, but now it might consider my username taken...

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked on this computer (I'm at school. C++ class ftw!). Request sent, I just hope I can do it from home...

EDIT EDIT: Yay, I'm a member! I'll make my member page later, if I can get on at home.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 01:26 PM

So...what's left?

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 01:28 PM
So...what's left?

What do you mean? Before the plot can start? Well, we've been trying to work out what the creature looks like and the conditions it's being sold in, but once that's sorted out I'll just make the intro and let people sort themselves out.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 01:46 PM
What do you mean? Before the plot can start? Well, we've been trying to work out what the creature looks like and the conditions it's being sold in, but once that's sorted out I'll just make the intro and let people sort themselves out.

I already made some suggestions how to solve it's appearance for now(either caught inside some item, or ominous pillar of light).

About conditions....well, what exactly is not sorted out about it?:smallconfused:

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 01:51 PM
I already made some suggestions how to solve it's appearance for now(either caught inside some item, or ominous pillar of light).

About conditions....well, what exactly is not sorted about it?:smallconfused:

I still have no idea where the auction is, for one, and if the creature is in an item how would people know anything was in it? I figure nobody would believe that a random amulet had a never-before-seen magical creature in it...

So I'm not sure how we'd establish that yes, it is really there...

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 02:09 PM
I still have no idea where the auction is, for one, and if the creature is in an item how would people know anything was in it? I figure nobody would believe that a random amulet had a never-before-seen magical creature in it...

So I'm not sure how we'd establish that yes, it is really there...

If that creature was somehow captured by bunch of independent mercenaries/adventurers (They're not giving it to their superiors, nor they're keeping it), it's probably auctioned off in some small village or town on neutral grounds so all factions can participate (more participants, more money).

It's been said it's mere presence dramaticaly enhances strenght at lower distances, so it's also probably detectable at greater distances by any spirit-bound......also their mage can show a little exhibition to auctioners if everything else fails....

Lyinginbedmon
2009-09-22, 02:11 PM
If we're willing to continue along with most of established magic physics (Specifically Incarnum + GU Matter = Raw Magic + Sapient Thought = Spells), I can probably provide a suitable creature of both reasonable power and appropriately-epic appearance, and contain it well enough to be suitable for auction.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 02:16 PM
If we're willing to continue along with most of established magic physics (Specifically Incarnum + GU Matter = Raw Magic + Sapient Thought = Spells), I can probably provide a suitable creature of both reasonable power and appropriately-epic appearance, and contain it well enough to be suitable for auction.

We've already established that to gain magic power beyond racial (Thirions can naturaly turn into animals for once) aka spirit magic you need to bond with a spirit and give up part of you for it (such as memories or limbs)

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 02:41 PM
We've already established that to gain magic power beyond racial (Thirions can naturaly turn into animals for once) aka spirit magic you need to bond with a spirit and give up part of you for it (such as memories or limbs)

Oh, we're actualy giving up even limbs for that?

Also it doesn't directly defy the incarnum theory, so why not.....You know, in different parts of universe may apply slightly different laws of physics.(yes, I mean the real universe now).

Mina Kobold
2009-09-22, 02:48 PM
Oh, we're actualy giving up even limbs for that?

Also it doesn't directly defy the incarnum theory, so why not.....You know, in different parts of universe may apply slightly different laws of physics.(yes, I mean the real universe now).

It was stated as physical and mental so I bet we can (everyone just seem to chose mental, I think I'll have the surviver of weasel's past be blind, somethinng which has yet to weaken anyone in fiction :smalltongue:)

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 03:11 PM
Heck, being blind makes you stronger in fiction, more often than not.

Wreckingrocc
2009-09-22, 03:15 PM
Heck, being blind makes you stronger in fiction, more often than not.True dat.

DnD has feats for blind monks to give them fricking blindsight... No concealment penalties, ever, lulz!

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 03:20 PM
And... there! My character is official and live. :smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2009-09-22, 03:20 PM
True dat.

DnD has feats for blind monks to give them fricking blindsight... No concealment penalties, ever, lulz!

Good times, good times :smalltongue:

I hope MM comes out of hilbernation before the end of the year... on the other hand, finishing FFF and starting FI exactly in eve of new year would be one kickass way to start that so-called megaplot :smalltongue:

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 03:26 PM

I hope MM comes out of hilbernation before the end of the year... on the other hand, finishing FFF and starting FI exactly in eve of new year would be one kickass way to start that so-called megaplot :smalltongue:

You think it takes us that long? There could be even a whole computer game before that happens....

Grim ranger
2009-09-22, 03:28 PM
You think it takes us that long? There could be even a whole computer game before that happens....

Seriously, look at the time we have already spent preparing for it. Can you say it is going to happen before the end of the year?

BRC
2009-09-22, 03:31 PM
I thought the Creature was in possession of one of the Karrish companies, I think it was Algean Prospects, who were auctioning it off.

As for location, it was mentioned that there was a major trading city? That seems like a good place for the auction to be held.

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 03:33 PM
You never know. The Playground is like an ocean tide, with it's ebs and flows, and sometimes waves come crashing in, and sometimes all is quiet...

So, basically, it's a gamble. Taking all bets! Then leaving for a holiday with your money while you argue over who is right!
^: Yeah, that sounds smart. And it's not like it'd be a secret, they'd want people to know.
But they'd hold it, say, a day after announcing it, so no armies can march up and kill them for it in that time. :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-09-22, 03:33 PM

That's a good idea. :smalltongue:

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 03:36 PM
Seriously, look at the time we have already spent preparing for it. Can you say it is going to happen before the end of the year?

Given that we can start the whole thing in 20 minutes by ourselves right here and now as we could do that anytime in the past numerous months......No, I think we probably just wait for MM to finish the FFF first:smalltongue:

Edit: Hey, he's back!:smallbiggrin:

Grim ranger
2009-09-22, 03:39 PM
That's a good idea. :smalltongue:

Ah, speak of the devil.... :smalltongue:

Providing you can get the FFF wrapped up by the end of the year, which by the way I see it is not just gonna happen :smalltongue:

@V: Good, I have bullet-shaped surprise already loaded to the barrel with your name on it, so better get to it soon, you :smalltongue:

Not really. I would prefertably stab you :smalltongue:

Mad Mask
2009-09-22, 03:48 PM
Maybe you're right, or maybe you're wrong.

I have a surprise for you. :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-09-22, 03:49 PM
You never know. The Playground is like an ocean tide, with it's ebs and flows, and sometimes waves come crashing in, and sometimes all is quiet...

So, basically, it's a gamble. Taking all bets! Then leaving for a holiday with your money while you argue over who is right!
^: Yeah, that sounds smart. And it's not like it'd be a secret, they'd want people to know.
But they'd hold it, say, a day after announcing it, so no armies can march up and kill them for it in that time. :smalltongue:
They would need to wait longer than that. Even assuming they use Scribe-magic to spread the word to all parties that may be interested and able to afford it, said parties would still need time to get there and get some funds together.

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 04:20 PM
Masato, your guides were so helpful!

Presenting *drum roll* Moskstraumen!
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae203/Maelstrom_03/Maelstrom_04.png

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 04:23 PM

I propose we keep Incarnum and such out of this. I'd prefer to distance this from Avbaroy's magic as much as we can, but that's just me.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 04:26 PM
Masato, your guides were so helpful!

Presenting *drum roll* Moskstraumen!
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae203/Maelstrom_03/Maelstrom_04.png

Good, can we kill it?:smallbiggrin:

(Also, it's Novaris character?)

Lyinginbedmon
2009-09-22, 04:45 PM
Well meanwhile here's my idea for the creature in the auction.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/Incarnumelemental.png

More specifically, the creature would need to be contained in a vessel of somesort, with a powerful Trap the Soul or similar spell.

It'd be like carrying a car battery to power a laptop, so it'd definitely be worth a high price to a lot of peope, even they don't understand what's in the item. Kinda like standing near the gate Lying summoned, but without the need to add magics to keep it stable and without the risk of engulfing the plane.

BRC
2009-09-22, 04:49 PM
Well meanwhile here's my idea for the creature in the auction.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Lyinginbedmon/OotS/Incarnumelemental.png

More specifically, the creature would need to be contained in a vessel of somesort, with a powerful Trap the Soul or similar spell.

It'd be like carrying a car battery to power a laptop, so it'd definitely be worth a high price to a lot of peope, even they don't understand what's in the item. Kinda like standing near the gate Lying summoned, but without the need to add magics to keep it stable and without the risk of engulfing the plane.

It's nifty, but I don't think it works with the magic system we've been cooking up for Novaris. Maybe that's just because you threw around some DnD spells in that description, and Novaris magic is most certainly not DnD.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-09-22, 04:52 PM
It's nifty, but I don't think it works with the magic system we've been cooking up for Novaris. Maybe that's just because you threw around some DnD spells in that description, and Novaris magic is most certainly not DnD.

Well the precise story to it can be changed easily, but the concept of it being essentially a massive solitary spirit straight from the source works nicely I think.

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 04:53 PM

Indeed...and it mentions the Plane of Incarnum. I'm not even sure if we have planes in Novaris.

Anyway, I added Kalp to the wiki. Yay.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 04:53 PM
My characters:

Why you don't have a golden cloak? :smalltongue:

I'll be a Karrish warrior, I'm just trying to decide my fighting style. So... The styles I created were aproved I suppose?

BRC
2009-09-22, 04:54 PM

I'll be a Karrish warrior, I'm just trying to decide my fighting style. So... The styles I created were aproved I suppose?
They both make sense, so yes.

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 05:05 PM

How was my avatar, Methos? I used both of your tutorials.

Ninja Chocobo
2009-09-22, 05:12 PM
Yo.
Moving house.
See you crazy kids in a few days. A week, tops.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 05:15 PM
How was my avatar, Methos? I used both of your tutorials.

Nice :smallbiggrin: I like it. You are improving

on another topic...
Here is an idea, but I have to run so I'll explain the idea in 2:30 hours.

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/MetalMagic.png

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 05:37 PM

Indeed...and it mentions the Plane of Incarnum. I'm not even sure if we have planes in Novaris.

Anyway, I added Kalp to the wiki. Yay.

Come on! It looks cool and I like the idea of putting incarnum based magic as Mcguffin into world where such isn't supposed to exist....you looked for extraordinary source of magic by yourself didn't you? Well, what's better than this?:smallbiggrin:

It's approved by me:smallwink:

Silver cloaks fits me better:smallcool:

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 05:38 PM
Yo.
Moving house.
See you crazy kids in a few days. A week, tops.

Have fun, send pictures! Or not.

CrimsonAngel
2009-09-22, 05:40 PM
Okay.

Here he is:

Weasel:

Is that... one of my guys? :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 05:44 PM
Nice :smallbiggrin: I like it. You are improving

on another topic...
Here is an idea, but I have to run so I'll explain the idea in 2:30 hours.

What did he make the weapon/shield out of? Stone? :smallconfused:
Kev: Your wiki entry is incorrect. Weasel cannot have both Thirion magic and spirit magic. He can't even have spirit magic. It should be impossible to give up one magic to take another. It makes it clear that with magic, there are NO EXCEPTIONS. Kobolds have metal, Thirions have shifting, humans have spirit magic.
Also, every magic has a price. Spirit magic has the most obvious one, but every magic needs something. Sometimes it just takes a while to get at you.
There are no planes that people know of. There is no 'plane shift' or 'gate'. There are some dimensions, such as the one the Thirions come from, but they are inaccessible. However, I like the design. And we can say that it has been bound in a necklace or something. Just remember, this creature HAS to be green, not blue. This creature is based off spirit magic, which is why it seems so weird--it is slightly similar, but not quite, like an elf vs. a human. And it should act relatively innocent. As in, not an inscrutable 'older than time' creature. It is just an alchemical experiment that was made with abnormal magic.

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 05:49 PM
Tell me, is it too late to create another race for this plot?

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 05:50 PM
Tell me, is it too late to create another race for this plot?

Yes, but you may try anyway.

Is that purple cloak character for this plot?

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 05:53 PM
Is that purple cloak character for this plot?

Yes, any particular reason why you needed this knowledge?

And who's playing the Archmages? Because I'm intrigued by them.

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 05:57 PM
Yes, any particular reason why you needed this knowledge?

And who's playing the Archmages? Because I'm intrigued by them.

Are you talking about the Archmage that created the Kalps? If so, there's only one, and I control him.

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 05:59 PM
I mean the neutral Mages, in the MacGruffin tower. Or was that idea disbanded?

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:01 PM
I mean the neutral Mages, in the MacGruffin tower. Or was that idea disbanded?

Do you mean MacGuffin? Because the only MacGuffin here is the Creature. The neutral mages are the Goldcloaks, who wish to see the Creature destroyed so as to prevent the new magic being used wrongly.

Khaeta
2009-09-22, 06:07 PM
Do you mean MacGuffin? Because the only MacGuffin here is the Creature. The neutral mages are the Goldcloaks, who wish to see the Creature destroyed so as to prevent the new magic being used wrongly.

Originally, I believe there were to be three MacGuffins (hehe...macguffin. I like that word :smallbiggrin:), one of which was to be guarded by a cabal of wizards. Of course, that was during the brainstorming stage, so that's not necessarily canon yet.

BTW, anyone have thoughts on my character?

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:08 PM
Kev: Your wiki entry is incorrect. Weasel cannot have both Thirion magic and spirit magic. He can't even have spirit magic. It should be impossible to give up one magic to take another. It makes it clear that with magic, there are NO EXCEPTIONS. Kobolds have metal, Thirions have shifting, humans have spirit magic.
Also, every magic has a price. Spirit magic has the most obvious one, but every magic needs something. Sometimes it just takes a while to get at you.
There are no planes that people know of. There is no 'plane shift' or 'gate'. There are some dimensions, such as the one the Thirions come from, but they are inaccessible. However, I like the design. And we can say that it has been bound in a necklace or something. Just remember, this creature HAS to be green, not blue. This creature is based off spirit magic, which is why it seems so weird--it is slightly similar, but not quite, like an elf vs. a human. And it should act relatively innocent. As in, not an inscrutable 'older than time' creature. It is just an alchemical experiment that was made with abnormal magic.

Ok, first:
If you remember our last discusion about who may have magic and who not, we actualy agreed on having all races be able to use spirit-bound. Remember "Squares and triangles".....um, here's nice definition of it from BRC:

Yeah.

The way I imagine it, everybody has a little Room in themselves for magic. For humans, this room is empty by default, so a spirit can move right in and do it's thing. However, any races with their own type of magic have that room cluttered up. For Karrish, with their relatively weak scribe magic, the room is about halfway full, so the spirit dosn't have much space, and bad things are likely to happen. Kobold metal magic, which is significantly more powerful than scribe magic, has filled up so much of the room that the Spirit can barely squeeze in the door.

Second:
Thirions are probably not from different dimension....I don't like it.

Third:
I like the incarnum elemental idea, it actualy fits the story perfectly. Mad alchemist acidentaly summons a being from the plane of incarnum, it flees and now that it's captured everyone wants it. Also as you said, both magic are similar in some aspects but not quite. One is blue:smalltongue:

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 06:09 PM

Okay. So, before I go ahead and do this, any objections on creating a powerful Spirit-bound? I need to put Moskstraumen on a faction, since the Goldcloaks can't be used by me.

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 06:12 PM
Ok, first:
If you remember our last discusion about who may have magic and who not, we actualy agreed on having all races be able to use spirit-bound. Remember "Squares and triangles".....um, here's nice definition of it from BRC:

I didn't agree to that. Kalps cannot use magic. At all. There is no way around it. Ever. They don't even die or anything if they attempt to bind to a spirit. It simply doesn't work.

Anyway...I just don't like the idea of Incarnum in Novaris. Again, I'd rather we distance ourselves from Avbaroy magic.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:13 PM
Ok, first:

Second:
Thirions are probably not from different dimension....I don't like it.

Third:
I like the incarnum elemental idea, it actualy fits the story perfectly. Mad alchemist acidentaly summons a being from the plane of incarnum, it flees and now that it's captured everyone wants it. Also as you said, both magic are similar in some aspects but not quite. One is blue:smalltongue:

Look, The Plane of Incarnum is right out of Avbaroy. We're trying to stay unique. Planes are right out of D&D. We were also planning on the guy being an ALCHEMIST. Why would he be summoning things? The Creature should be from this dimension, and no other.
I was under the understanding that Thirions weren't from this dimension. I suppose I was wrong.
What I meant about magic was that is would be horribly inefficient for a Thirion to be a mage, as their magic is pretty powerful. They have to sacrifice a great deal of energy to do it, but changing your form is very unique (in my opinion, Thirion magic should be the only magic capable of it, to make it a more important ability). Therefore, it makes sense that a lot of space is used up, perhaps even as much as kobolds. So, yes, he could be a mage, my mistake, but it doesn't seem practical. I wanted to make sure that Kev was aware of that.
/\Indeed. And what we agreed to is that Kalps cannot use magic because their 'magic room' place is filled with useless magic that just keeps it from being filled with a spirit or anything. Ogres have a sort of 'anti magic' in their room that protects them from magic. However, when it mixes with magic...bad things happen.

Khaeta
2009-09-22, 06:18 PM
Originally, I believe there were to be three MacGuffins (hehe...macguffin. I like that word :smallbiggrin:), one of which was to be guarded by a cabal of wizards. Of course, that was during the brainstorming stage, so that's not necessarily canon yet.

BTW, anyone have thoughts on my character?

Anybody? :smallconfused:

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:21 PM
I didn't agree to that. Kalps cannot use magic. At all. There is no way around it. Ever. They don't even die or anything if they attempt to bind to a spirit. It simply doesn't work.

You said they were designed like that by archmage, thus no space fill for them, no magic for them.....I can't see problem with that.

Anyway...I just don't like the idea of Incarnum in Novaris. Again, I'd rather we distance ourselves from Avbaroy magic.

We're distanced already. All what it does practically is only that we have big blue snake in amulet that will boost the green magic, nothing more.....

Lyinginbedmon
2009-09-22, 06:21 PM
Look, The Plane of Incarnum is right out of Avbaroy. We're trying to stay unique. Planes are right out of D&D. We were also planning on the guy being an ALCHEMIST. Why would he be summoning things? The Creature should be from this dimension, and no other.
I was under the understanding that Thirions weren't from this dimension. I suppose I was wrong.

So we change the backstory to it a bit.

Maybe the Alchemist managed to take a whole mess of spirits and fuse them together in some giant vat. Far too many for a regular person to spiritbind to them, but just being near the resultant creature empowers magic users. Might even help in explaining it sucking souls and spirits into itself outside of using Incarnum.

We could even explain the blue colouring and the snake-like form. Say the blue is from the alchemy materials and the snake shape is because he used like an entire forest or something of various animals (Snakes especially maybe).

The concept of it that is important is that it's basically a big living magic battery trapped in an item being sold at auction for big money.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-22, 06:22 PM
Alright. I think it's safe to say that I can no longer ignore this new story. I will make a new race for this story. I think I could probably participate in it using my new art program now.

*writes new race*

*laughs evilly*

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 06:23 PM
Alright. I think it's safe to say that I can no longer ignore this new story. I will make a new race for this story. I think I could probably participate in it using my new art program now.

We kinda have more than enough races at this point...

Might I suggest using one of the ones already made?

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:26 PM
You said they were designed like that by archmage, thus no space fill for them, no magic for them.....I can't see problem with that.

We're distanced already. All what it does practically is only that we have big blue snake in amulet that will boost the green magic, nothing more.....

The color I can tolerate. That can indicate the difference in magic. Fine. But the Plane of Incarnum? Planes are a definite no, and Incarnum is too. If we include the Plane of Incarnum, it will look like Avbaroy and Novaris are in the same MULTIVERSE, and they are not. In Novaris, there is no shifting between planes. If we include Incarnum, then our line blurs.
/\Nah, he's welcome to try. We just might not accept.

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 06:29 PM
Okay. So, before I go ahead and do this, any objections on creating a powerful Spirit-bound? I need to put Moskstraumen on a faction, since the Goldcloaks can't be used by me.

Your character can be a Goldcloak, if you give him a gold cloak and make him one.

And not everybody needs a faction. Maybe he was approached by the Goldcloaks once he was powerful enough, but he turned them down?

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 06:30 PM
/\Nah, he's welcome to try. We just might not accept.

Oh, sure, he's welcome to try, it's just that we already have a lot of races and some of them don't even have any characters in them...

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:31 PM

What makes you think alchemist can't summon things? Actualy what makes you think regular spirit-bounded actualy can summon things?

edit: aw, screw it. Lying has better solution:smalltongue:

I don't even remember anyone mentioning that:smalltongue:

What I meant about magic was that is would be horribly inefficient for a Thirion to be a mage, as their magic is pretty powerful. They have to sacrifice a great deal of energy to do it, but changing your form is very unique (in my opinion, Thirion magic should be the only magic capable of it, to make it a more important ability). Therefore, it makes sense that a lot of space is used up, perhaps even as much as kobolds. So, yes, he could be a mage, my mistake, but it doesn't seem practical. I wanted to make sure that Kev was aware of that.

I think he's already aware of that, that's why he have that mage:smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:31 PM
Oh, sure, he's welcome to try, it's just that we already have a lot of races and some of them don't even have any characters in them...

But...but Abura-boes are awesome! They...they can turn into green fire! :smallfrown:
*Cries*

What makes you think alchemist can't summon things? Actualy what makes you think regular spirit-bounded actualy can summon things?

But why would he want to summon something? That's like a geologist suddenly studying fishes.
I am against the entire concept that Lying has come up with. Other than the picture, that is. If he'd be willing to ditch the Plane of Incarnum, it might be doable.
Nobody mentioned it, it was just implied.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:32 PM

Nah, there's never enough races for a world:smallcool:

Green-Shirt Q
2009-09-22, 06:33 PM
We kinda have more than enough races at this point...

Might I suggest using one of the ones already made?

Oh. In that case, never mind. I will not participate.

No, didn't really want to make a race. I'm not being a whiney bitch who is saying "Hey! I Wanna make a race! Lemmie or I won't join!" and pressure you guys to loosen the Integrity of this project. I just don't want to have to read anything. :smallsigh:

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 06:33 PM
Would anyone mind if I posted my character here? Since I can't find a way to post it on the actual page?

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 06:34 PM
Post it here first, if anything. That way, any problems are sorted out before the charatcer is official.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:35 PM
Would anyone mind if I posted my character here? Since I can't find a way to post it on the actual page?

I'll do you one better: I'll put it on the wiki for you if you post it here! :smallamused:

But why would he want to summon something? That's like a geologist suddenly studying fishes.
I am against the entire concept that Lying has come up with. Other than the picture, that is. If he'd be willing to ditch the Plane of Incarnum, it might be doable.

BRC
2009-09-22, 06:36 PM
I should really type up a new physical description for the Karrish, now that we changed their physical nature.

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 06:37 PM
"Implied"? They're recently discovered in a fantasy world, that's not too uncommon. Especially as they'd live in wild areas not usually traversed by civilised people.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:37 PM
Oh. In that case, never mind. I will not participate.

No, didn't really want to make a race. I'm not being a whiney bitch who is saying "Hey! I Wanna make a race! Lemmie or I won't join!" and pressure you guys to loosen the Integrity of this project. I just don't want to have to read anything. :smallsigh:

Actually, now you're whining:smallconfused:

Don't mind them, they lost track about this plots original purpose long time ago. Simply make whatever you want, they will accept it:smallwink:

Moskstraumen
2009-09-22, 06:38 PM
Kay, V'ic.

Mosktraumen
http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae203/Maelstrom_03/Maelstrom_Avvie.png
Moskstraumen
Race: Unknown. Most likely human.
Magic: Yes, Spirit
Backstory: Long and powerful

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 06:39 PM
I'll do you one better: I'll put it on the wiki for you if you post it here! :smallamused:

Lying was willing to ditch the Plane of Incarnum...

So we change the backstory to it a bit.

Maybe the Alchemist managed to take a whole mess of spirits and fuse them together in some giant vat. Far too many for a regular person to spiritbind to them, but just being near the resultant creature empowers magic users. Might even help in explaining it sucking souls and spirits into itself outside of using Incarnum.

We could even explain the blue colouring and the snake-like form. Say the blue is from the alchemy materials and the snake shape is because he used like an entire forest or something of various animals (Snakes especially maybe).

The concept of it that is important is that it's basically a big living magic battery trapped in an item being sold at auction for big money.

And another thing:

Nah, there's never enough races for a world:smallcool:

Not really important now, but I kind of disagree. Something DLB said about "race being a substitute for good characterization" rang very true with me, I felt.

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 06:39 PM
Might wanna work on the backstory some more, but looks solid so far. What did he give up to get the Spirit magic?

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:40 PM
Actually, now you're whining:smallconfused:

Don't mind them, they lost track about this plots original purpose long time ago. Simply make whatever you want, they will accept it:smallwink:

Hopefully he's joking.
@V'icternus; Perhaps, but when people say 'nobody knows where they come from', that's usually implying that, you know, they weren't just from some other region previously unknown. /friendly sarcasm

And another thing:

Not really important now, but I kind of disagree. Something DLB said about "race being a substitute for good characterization" rang very true with me, I felt.

Um...wow. I cannot believe I missed that! /lame excuse for being narrow-minded and refusing to read it due to belief that it was arguing against self :smalltongue:

Kay, V'ic.

Mosktraumen
Moskstraumen

Try to flesh out the backstory and it should be good.

BRC
2009-09-22, 06:45 PM

And another thing:

Yeah. I like the current mix of races in the setting right now (And not just because mine got it's foot in the door before the limit went up). Once you get too many races, you start getting personalities built into those races. You know, "All Orcs are stupid and violent" "All Dwarves are solemn and hardworking" "All elves are intelligent and haughty".

Just because you don't make a race, dosn't mean you can't make a culture. Maybe a specific human society that your character can be from. Maybe a city of Karrish that was a separate nation from Kar. A specific group of Kobolds, just to name a few.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:45 PM

Ok, imagine all you know is mud and rocks, every people you know are geologist and they know also only mud and rocks. But sooner or later you simply must to encounter a water even if all you did until now was digging holes.....from there you're just a step from discovering fish...

To put it simple: He didn't want to, but he did:smalltongue:

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 06:46 PM
Maybe they were created by wild spirit magic or whatnot... I dunno.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:48 PM
Maybe they were created by wild spirit magic or whatnot... I dunno.
Maybe. But mine was a natural assumption.
Can we just change the name of Incarnum to 'soulstuff' or something? Just to keep it distanced.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 06:51 PM
Can we just change the name of Incarnum to 'soulstuff' or something? Just to keep it distanced.

You mean to keep yourself confused with different name for something you already know?:smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:52 PM
You mean to keep yourself confused with different name for something you already know?:smalltongue:

That isn't the only thing confusing. What did you say? :smallannoyed::smallconfused:

Lyinginbedmon
2009-09-22, 06:54 PM
I've already provided an alternative backstory basis that completely rules out Incarnum and planes, so I don't see the debate now. Only thing left is to look at alternative creatures and decide which to go with.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 06:58 PM
I've already provided an alternative backstory basis that completely rules out Incarnum and planes, so I don't see the debate now. Only thing left is to look at alternative creatures and decide which to go with.

I know, I just meant for future reference. I had to act like I had still secured a 'win'. :smalltongue:
I don't believe that there are any other templates. This one has my vote.
Also, I think that the 'made out of souls' thing should be unknown by all the characters except the dead alchemist.

-skimmer-
2009-09-22, 07:01 PM
Also, I think that the 'made out of souls' thing should be unknown by all the characters except the dead alchemist.

Wait, that alchemist isn't dead yet....I think:smallconfused:

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 07:03 PM

I believe it was decided earlier that he is dead by now. However, it would be a nice plot twist if he was.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-09-22, 07:03 PM

Unless he was standing a bit too near the elemental :smalltongue:

...which actually would be a very good assumption. Hmm...

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 07:07 PM
Hopefully he's joking.
@V'icternus; Perhaps, but when people say 'nobody knows where they come from', that's usually implying that, you know, they weren't just from some other region previously unknown. /friendly sarcasm

Um...wow. I cannot believe I missed that! /lame excuse for being narrow-minded and refusing to read it due to belief that it was arguing against self :smalltongue:

Try to flesh out the backstory and it should be good.

In case anybody missed it, my first post on this page has a lot of edits.

CrimsonAngel
2009-09-22, 07:07 PM
Q, you must make one of my peoples!

Mad Mask
2009-09-22, 07:10 PM
Wow, this new setting is really getting interesting. If it's okay with everyone, contribute by doing one of my favourite parts of world building, cartography. :smallsmile:

Now, what are the general ideas about the geography of Novaris ?

CrimsonAngel
2009-09-22, 07:22 PM
Don't forget the oh-so-important lakes, rivers, and forests for my creations. Oh and mountains.

BRC
2009-09-22, 07:26 PM
Wow, this new setting is really getting interesting. If it's okay with everyone, contribute by doing one of my favourite parts of world building, cartography. :smallsmile:

Sure.

So far all we know is that there is an island called Kar that is currently surrounded by a big magical wall.

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 07:35 PM
There are other geographical notes on the Wiki.

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 08:03 PM

I've decided that the Archmage and the Kalps aren't limited to just to one city--they have a country, but it's very small and very isolated. Also, there's something DLB put on the wiki about the Archmage being "north".

Another note about the Archmage's army--it's not just Kalps. There are a few mercenaries and powerful spellcasters scattered around, too.

EDIT: Oh, and just out of curiosity...why do you always put a space between the final letter in a sentence and a question mark/exclamation point, MM? :smallconfused:

MethosH
2009-09-22, 08:04 PM
Oh my god! I left for a couple of hours and you guys just don't shut up? lol

Ok.. One thing at the time...

Many stones have types of "metal" inside it. I'll explain this in a second, just let me take a bath.

Sir, you have my support. And I don't really like the snake design... Its interesting, but I don't think it fits on this plot... But that maybe just me.

I should really type up a new physical description for the Karrish, now that we changed their physical nature.

Yes, you SHOULD :smallbiggrin:

Kay, V'ic.

Mosktraumen
Moskstraumen

Androgynous isn't really a gender... Just say "Unknown" :smalltongue:
And... why going with a mysterious guy? Isn't that just too freaking cliche? Isn't that just almost a copy of anti-HEROS may char + V from OotS? :smalltongue:

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-09-22, 08:13 PM
Oh my god! I left for a couple of hours and you guys just don't shut up?
This whole new plot thing stirred up the hive, it was relatively quiet around here before this whole mess started. :smalltongue:

V'icternus
2009-09-22, 08:17 PM
It's true! I started posting here right before that happened.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 08:28 PM
Many stones have types of "metal" inside it. I'll explain this in a second, just let me take a bath.

Sir, you have my support. And I don't really like the snake design... Its interesting, but I don't think it fits on this plot... But that maybe just me.

Androgynous isn't really a gender... Just say "Unknown" :smalltongue:
And... why going with a mysterious guy? Isn't that just too freaking cliche? Isn't that just almost a copy of anti-HEROS may char + V from OotS? :smalltongue:

How about you say 'unknown' for that too, then?
SP was arguing against Incarnum being included. Lying agreed. The Creature is now made up of souls of individuals. Which will probably bring a bunch of do-gooders after it, hoping to 'free' those 'captive' souls.
When a kobold uses metal magic on ore, they cannot shape stone. Unless they carve the stone with metal, but that's moot. The point is, they can't shape stone just because it has ore in it. However, they can make the stone explode, 'freeing' the metal. Which is, of course, very dangerous in a mine.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 08:34 PM
Ok, here is my character:

Melkor
Methos

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Melkor.png

Race: Karrish
Age: I don't really know how long Karrish live (BRC! HELP ME!), so I'm going with 23 if he was human.
Sex: Male
Faction: Algean Prospects
Magical powers: N, but he is cute.
Personality: He is a explorer by nature. A curious guy that just wants to know about the world. He is a good Karrish and always protects his friends with his life.
Brief Bio:

Melkor was born, like many other Karrish (I think Karrish is a word without plural), already inside his faction, the Algean Prospects.
So he was trained pretty much from birth in three things... How to do business, the Kamatoran martial style and how to explore. The business education gave him that special charisma that kept the Karrish alive until today. The Kamatoran training made a feeling of protection towards others grow inside him. And the exploring training gave him his curiosity. Those are the main characteristics of his personality that he carries until today.

----

Now to my idea:

The entire "metal magic" thing is still a little obscure... So I'm assuming we are talking METAL and not just IRON/STEEL.

This is what I call a Light Infantry Kobold. They are trained to not carry any weapon, because weapons would only delay their mission, instead they train their metal magic to build shields and weapons from the soil or any other metal around them. The Greater Veterans of the Light Infantry, the higher rank, is made of Kobolds that have mastered this technique and therefore they can make complex weapons out of pretty much any source of metal in the world.

There is a legend among the Kobold army about one Kobold called "Grolmorx" that was made prisoner by the humans. In his cell he was able to slowly getter metal from the air around him, made a weapon and set himself, and other Kobolds, free. There is no record of any other Kobold making a weapon out of thin air, but there are some records of Greater Veterans that were able to make metal weapons out of water.

Kobolds from the Light Infantry specialise themselves in weapon/shield making, therefore they aren't good at any other variation of metal magic.

---
SPECIAL MESSAGE TO BRC
I request permision to expand the story behind the Algean Prospects :smallbiggrin:

EDIT:

When a kobold uses metal magic on ore, they cannot shape stone. Unless they carve the stone with metal, but that's moot. The point is, they can't shape stone just because it has ore in it. However, they can make the stone explode, 'freeing' the metal. Which is, of course, very dangerous in a mine.

Ohhhhhh So nevermind me

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 08:34 PM
Oh, right, I should probably post my character's wiki profile here as well...

None (Kalp)
Sinister Penguin

Race: Kalp
Sex: None
Faction: Archmage
Magical powers: None, and being a Kalp, he is incapable of acquiring any.
Personality: Kalp is, like all Kalps, very determined and will do absolutely anything for the Archmage. Over the years he has been traveling, however, he has picked up a few faint wisps of his own personality, though very little of it is noticeable.
Brief Bio: Kalp is a scout for the Archmage, and has been for most of his life. He is rather skilled with a dagger. He was the only Kalp scout close enough to the auction to get there in there in time with the short notice the Archmage gave the scouts.

[Kalp has done nothing in the plot so far.]

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 08:43 PM
Ok, here is my character:

Melkor
Methos

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Melkor.png

Age: I don't really know how long Karrish live (BRC! HELP ME!), so I'm going with 23 if he was human.
Sex: Male
Faction: Algean Prospects
Magical powers: N, but he is cute.
Personality: He is a explorer by nature. A curious guy that just wants to know about the world. He is a good Karrish and always protects his friends with his life.
Brief Bio:

Melkor was born, like many other Karrish (I think Karrish is a word without plural), already inside his faction, the Algean Prospects.
So he was trained pretty much from birth in three things... How to do business, the Kamatoran martial style and how to explore. The business education gave him that special charisma that kept the Karrish alive until today. The Kamatoran training made a feeling of protection towards others grow inside him. And the exploring training gave him his curiosity. Those are the main characteristics of his personality that he carries until today.

----

Now to my idea:

The entire "metal magic" thing is still a little obscure... So I'm assuming we are talking METAL and not just IRON/STEEL.

This is what I call a Light Infantry Kobold. They are trained to not carry any weapon, because weapons would only delay their mission, instead they train their metal magic to build shields and weapons from the soil or any other metal around them. The Greater Veterans of the Light Infantry, the higher rank, is made of Kobolds that have mastered this technique and therefore they can make complex weapons out of pretty much any source of metal in the world.

There is a legend among the Kobold army about one Kobold called "Grolmorx" that was made prisoner by the humans. In his cell he was able to slowly getter metal from the air around him, made a weapon and set himself, and other Kobolds, free. There is no record of any other Kobold making a weapon out of thin air, but there are some records of Greater Veterans that were able to make metal weapons out of water.

Kobolds from the Light Infantry specialise themselves in weapon/shield making, therefore they aren't good at any other variation of metal magic.

Oi! Who gave you permission to edit my race?! :smallmad::smalltongue:
Seriously, that seems about fine. However, shaping metal in water is EXTREMELY difficult. They would need an enormous skill, and a huge depository of unworked metal nearby.
And yes, kobolds can work any metal at all. I have said nothing to the contrary. :smallconfused:
As for your character:
Why are all the Karrish I see warriors? From what I've seen, they usually favor intellectual pursuits (because that's how they've been raised). Also, you forgot that Karrish use scribe magic.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 09:02 PM
Oi! Who gave you permission to edit my race?! :smallmad::smalltongue:
Seriously, that seems about fine. However, shaping metal in water is EXTREMELY difficult. They would need an enormous skill, and a huge depository of unworked metal nearby.
And yes, kobolds can work any metal at all. I have said nothing to the contrary. :smallconfused:
As for your character:
Why are all the Karrish I see warriors? From what I've seen, they usually favor intellectual pursuits (because that's how they've been raised). Also, you forgot that Karrish use scribe magic.
That's what I said.. Its EXTREMELY difficult and the Kobolds that achieve that becomes LEGENDS!!!

Because I become fascinated by the styles possibilities for the four arms :smallbiggrin:
But BRC have posted a merchant and a scribe mage earlier. Not all Karrish use Scribe Magic (I think) all of them have, but that doesn't mean all of them are good at it. That's why they have Scribe Mages. But I'll add it to my characters description.

Mean while... Here is the Algean Prospects shield:
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Algean.png

The tree represents their will to explore. The pickaxe represent their main trade (mining) and the sword represent their strength of heart, soul, and might.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 09:09 PM
That's what I said.. Its EXTREMELY difficult and the Kobolds that achieve that becomes LEGENDS!!!

Because I become fascinated by the styles possibilities for the four arms :smallbiggrin:
But BRC have posted a merchant and a scribe mage earlier. Not all Karrish use Scribe Magic (I think) all of them have, but that doesn't mean all of them are good at it. That's why they have Scribe Mages. But I'll add it to my characters description.

Mean while... Here is the Algean Prospects shield:
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/Algean.png

The tree represents their will to explore. The pickaxe represent their main trade (mining) and the sword represent their strength of heart, soul, and might.

Who are the Algeans? :smallconfused:
Ah, I see. Cool, I guess. Though the sword seems unlikely.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 09:15 PM
Who are the Algeans? :smallconfused:
Ah, I see. Cool, I guess. Though the sword seems unlikely.

Why unlikely? BRC said they aren't just bureaucrats nor thinkers... They are just traders because that's what was locked behind The Wall. The companies have no reason to don't have their own security/army of Karrish.

Anyway... Here is the The Four Wind's Merchant Bank flag:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/FourWinds.png

Edit:

Here is another version:
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/FourWinds2.png

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 09:27 PM
Why unlikely? BRC said they aren't just bureaucrats nor thinkers... They are just traders because that's what was locked behind The Wall. The companies have no reason to don't have their own security/army of Karrish.

Anyway... Here is the The Four Wind's Merchant Bank flag:

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/FourWinds.png

Edit:

Here is another version:
http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/FourWinds2.png

I know, but since when does a merchant company have a sword on its symbol? I dunno, it seems silly...BRC'll have to approve it.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-09-22, 09:32 PM
Is that character for FI (Future Imperfect)?

No, he's for Chronicles of Novaris or whatever it's to be called.

The Gremlin
2009-09-22, 09:36 PM
No, he's for Chronicles of Novaris or whatever it's to be called.

Yeah, it is CoN.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 09:37 PM
I know, but since when does a merchant company have a sword on its symbol? I dunno, it seems silly...BRC'll have to approve it.

They are a family company. Not a corporative one. (in my mind)
Their symbol was made to honor their family symbol.

Anyway... Here is a Kobold Demoman!!!!

http://zecarioca.net/Imagens2009/KoboldDemoman.png

He carries lots of small spheres of pure metal (That bag on his hand is freaking full of them!) and they work as grenades or explosives for the Kobold Demoman.
He is trained in a Metal Magic technic that allows him to focus the density and energy of the metal, breaks its bounds and expand it causing explosions!

They prefer to use their spheres of pure metal because that way the explosion can be controlled more easily. But they train to use this technic with any metal.

Highly trained Kobold Demoman some times developed the ability to use the metal within the enemies body to explode them. This particular technic is very difficult even for a Kobold Demoman that have achieved this mastery of the explosion art, and its very unstable and very risky. Many Kobolds end up explode themselves while trying to develop this ability.

Just like there are legends among the Light Infantry Kobolds there are legends among the Demomans. Some of them belive that just like the Light Infantry is able to forge weapons from water or thin air in exceptional and legendary cases they may be able to use the metal around them to explode ANYTHING. But that was never done and it is unlikely to ever happen.

EDIT:
OHHHH! I FORGOT ONE THING!!!

Kobold Demomans are extremely paranoid. They know that their metal can be exploded at a distance by any other Kobold Demoman, so they are ALWAYS focusing their Metal Magic in order to prevent other Kobolds from messing with their metal!
Some of them can even maintain focus while sleeping!

BRC
2009-09-22, 09:48 PM
I like the flags. Algean Prospects is the youngest of the Companies, and is the most agressive. The others, like Four Winds, mostly work by trading between established markets. They buy low and sell high, they move things with ships and on paper, they probably own some mines, or contract with workshops, but they don't really get down into the nitty-gritty.

Algean is, as the name suggests, Prospectors. They specialize in acquiring goods, rather than simply moving them. They go out into the wilderness, find deposits of ore and build lumber mills. They hire Thirions and work with Trolls. While the other companies are largely bureaucrats and simple laborers, Algean hires bright young minds who want to go out there into the unknown with the hopes of striking it rich.
All the companies have their own private armies, and Four Winds (The oldest) has the largest, but Algean has the most skilled combatants at it's disposal. The only problem is that they are not, for the most part, sitting in a barracks or guarding vaults where they can be easily contacted and mustered to a given location, they are out in the wilderness guarding camps from Ogre attack, or running a fur-trapping operation. Algean is the youngest of the four big companies, founded about twenty years after the wall went up when a down and out merchant named Rotha Algean stumbled upon a massive gold deposit while taking refuge from a storm in a cave. It became a major power about thirty years later. The Sword symbolizes Algean's willingness to be aggressive and face things more dangerous than an unexpected drop in the price of grain.

As for why so many of the Karrish depicted are warriors: Because I thought up some fighting styles, and then Methos pitched in. Most Karrish are not warriors, but it would feel abit silly to think up a fighting style, then draw a bureaucrat to demonstrate it. I guess I'll draw some more "everyday" Karrish later.

As for the prevalence of scribe magic, most formally educated Karrish know abit. Enough to speed read/write with magical assistance, and maybe a little more, but after that it really depends. You find few designated Scribe-Mages, most work other jobs where Scribe Magic is useful. For example, all Accountants are usually scribe mages, as are lawyers (The companies employ plenty of both). The most powerful Scribe Mages are librarians and professors.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 09:53 PM
I like the flags. Algean Prospects is the youngest of the Companies, and is the most agressive. The others, like Four Winds, mostly work by trading between established markets. They buy low and sell high, they move things with ships and on paper, they probably own some mines, or contract with workshops, but they don't really get down into the nitty-gritty.

Algean is, as the name suggests, Prospectors. They specialize in acquiring goods, rather than simply moving them. They go out into the wilderness, find deposits of ore and build lumber mills. They hire Thirions and work with Trolls. While the other companies are largely bureaucrats and simple laborers, Algean hires bright young minds who want to go out there into the unknown with the hopes of striking it rich.
All the companies have their own private armies, and Four Winds (The oldest) has the largest, but Algean has the most skilled combatants at it's disposal. The only problem is that they are not, for the most part, sitting in a barracks or guarding vaults where they can be easily contacted and mustered to a given location, they are out in the wilderness guarding camps from Ogre attack, or running a fur-trapping operation. Algean is the youngest of the four big companies, founded about twenty years after the wall went up when a down and out merchant named Rotha Algean stumbled upon a massive gold deposit while taking refuge from a storm in a cave. It became a major power about thirty years later. The Sword symbolizes Algean's willingness to be aggressive and face things more dangerous than an unexpected drop in the price of grain.

As for why so many of the Karrish depicted are warriors: Because I thought up some fighting styles, and then Methos pitched in. Most Karrish are not warriors, but it would feel abit silly to think up a fighting style, then draw a bureaucrat to demonstrate it. I guess I'll draw some more "everyday" Karrish later.

As for the prevalence of scribe magic, most formally educated Karrish know abit. Enough to speed read/write with magical assistance, and maybe a little more, but after that it really depends. You find few designated Scribe-Mages, most work other jobs where Scribe Magic is useful. For example, all Accountants are usually scribe mages, as are lawyers (The companies employ plenty of both). The most powerful Scribe Mages are librarians and professors.

OHHHHH!! BRC IS BACK! BRC IS BACK!

So... 2 questions:
- What is the life span of the Karrish? 100 years? 1000 years?
- Can I expand the Algean Prospectors or you have something in mind?

EDIT:
Another question:
I gave 2 options for the Four Winds flag... Should we use number 1 or 2? Or should I try think of something else?

BRC
2009-09-22, 09:56 PM
OHHHHH!! BRC IS BACK! BRC IS BACK!

So... 2 questions:
- What is the life span of the Karrish? 100 years? 1000 years?
- Can I expand the Algean Prospectors or you have something in mind?
Hrmm, Lifespan. Lets say the average is about 70 years (That's longer than humans depending on the medical sophistication of Novaris) with 120 being about the upper limit. The Wall went up 200 years ago.

Feel free to expand the Algeans. I'm going to start thinking about Four Winds, and maybe relocating them.

Edit: Flag 2 is nicer.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 09:58 PM
Hrmm, Lifespan. Lets say the average is about 70 years (That's longer than humans depending on the medical sophistication of Novaris) with 120 being about the upper limit. The Wall went up 200 years ago.

Feel free to expand the Algeans. I'm going to start thinking about Four Winds, and maybe relocating them.

Edit: Flag 2 is nicer.

Thanks : ) I'll change my character page and move on to the Algeans background. I'll continue where you stoped

Edit:
New wiki page:
http://encyclopedia-novaris.wikispaces.com/Algean+Prospects

I'll continue it later

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 11:14 PM
So what is our final verdict on the creature, so I can go ahead and make what is likely to be a long intro sequence?

MethosH
2009-09-22, 11:24 PM
So what is our final verdict on the creature, so I can go ahead and make what is likely to be a long intro sequence?

I don't think we have one lol

BRC
2009-09-22, 11:24 PM
@ Methos: I like the wiki page, but one problem. I dislike the idea of the family exclusivly teaching those they raise Kamatoran. Considering their more agressive nature, and the defensive nature of Kamatoran, I find it odd that they would focus on that style exclusively (That armor would weigh them down while they wander in the wilderness). That's not to say they can't have Kamatoraners, but it just seems weird they would specifically teach that style above others.

And now, LOTS OF TEXT
Scribe Magic, specifically an idea of some techniques and how powerful they are.
This does not describe every Scribe Magic technique, just a few to give you the general idea of the progression. The first technique Karrish learn is speed reading and writing. Speed reading is simple, they touch the text and quickly comprehend it. They don’t actually have to look at it, merely touch it. Speed writing is simpler. A single Blot of ink, and an effort of will causes it to spread out and form a line of cursive writing. A Karrish can use this message to fill a page with writing in under thirty seconds if they know what they want to say. Manipulation of text is more advanced. Things like rearranging written words, making numbers do things for you, translating words into different languages, replacing words with others, that’s mid level stuff that general education won’t teach you, though a lot of specialty training covers it. The most advanced stuff, long-distance communication, words that once you read them cannot be forgotten, words that evoke direct sensations (like reading a written description of a waterfall will give you a perfect mental image of the exact waterfall the author was trying to describe, even if it doesn’t exist outside their imagination). That stuff requires specialty training in scribe magic, so it’s decently rare, especially that last technique. The long-distance communication is fairly common, but since they can enchant paper for two-way communication you don’t need large numbers of them. Just a couple enchanting a pair of notebooks so that anything written in one shows up in another. The notebooks will keep working until one gets destroyed or so full of ink you can’t write anything else in them, so just giving one to somebody in the field can keep them in communication with the central office. A smart, magically talented Karrish can make good money just churning out such notebooks and selling them.
Ilessia: Last City of the Karrish

Ilessia. A small island near Kar, Illessia was, for years, nothing more than an island with a few fishing villages on it. But, when the wall went up it became something more. Four Winds Merchant bank already owned most of the island in one form or another, and they began using it well. After it appeared the Wall was not going to come down soon, the Companies decided that the Karrish needed someplace to call their own, even if it was just a city. Then shipped in large amounts of laborers, mostly Human, and began construction. Currently, all four companies are headquartered on Illessia, and it’s a major trading port, picking up on a lot of the trade routes that used to go through Kar. The best architects were brought in to build the city, so it’s a centrally planned city, expanded from the relatively small island with a series of pillars sunk into the shallow waters, the city has lots of canals to aid in the rapid movement of goods throughout it.
Faction: The Four Winds Merchant Bank

Four Winds is the oldest of the four Companies. It’s technically a bank, and it started out that way, simply financing merchant voyages. However, they quickly expanded their operations into shipping, and from there into almost every industry. Once the Wall went up, the Merchant Bank, who had invested most of their money in goods not stored on Kar, became significantly more powerful. They quickly used that money to get political capital, helping people who had money in Karrish Banks when the wall went up recoup their investments. Since a lot of this money was in the hands of powerful organizations such as the Goldcloaks (The Karrish have always been good businessmen, it’s only recently that it’s been their primary industry) who were very grateful they wouldn’t lose their money. Four Winds is currently, albeit slightly, the most powerful of the Karrish merchant companies, though the rising star that is Algean Prospects may soon threaten their position at the top.

MethosH
2009-09-22, 11:32 PM
I agree with you, I'll change it

Darklord Bright
2009-09-22, 11:43 PM
I figure that before I do anything too big, I'm leaving my characters on the wiki to be looked at. (Yes, I have two, but it would only work as a dynamic).

One of their names is a bit of a hats-off to a character I realised was very similar to my idea. Gremlin should recognise it as soon as he sees it, as he is familiar with the source material the reference is from.

I'm a little surprised no one has thought of this sacrifice for a Spiritbound yet.

MethosH
2009-09-23, 12:01 AM
No voice... nice.. an artistic challenge...

so.. nobody has any comments on my demoman?

Darklord Bright
2009-09-23, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure expanding metals doesn't make them explode...

MethosH
2009-09-23, 12:25 AM
I'm pretty sure expanding metals doesn't make them explode...

Yeah... I need to think of something better or just call it magic... It was based on an idea from gremelin

Grim ranger
2009-09-23, 12:57 AM
I have to ask: are there any psionic-like abilities in Novaris? You know, telepathy, telekinesis, the works?

MethosH
2009-09-23, 12:58 AM
I have to ask: are there any psionic-like abilities in Novaris? You know, telepathy, telekinesis, the works?

I think the closest you can get to this is Scribe Magic.

Grim ranger
2009-09-23, 01:03 AM
I think the closest you can get to this is Scribe Magic.

Well, would it be possible to gain telekinetic power, ect. the ability to move things without touch from spirit bind?

Darklord Bright
2009-09-23, 05:13 AM
Well, would it be possible to gain telekinetic power, ect. the ability to move things without touch from spirit bind?

I'm not planning on introducing Psionic-type powers for players for a long time, if at all. The creature (Who I have figured out how it will look) posesses these sorts powers, which have not been seen before. The magic it is introducing to the world is Psionic - but the world will not actually recieve it unless the creature is used in a way that releases its energies across the world.

Grim ranger
2009-09-23, 05:17 AM
Darn...my idea is stumped then. Well, exactly what can you do with spirit magic?

Darklord Bright
2009-09-23, 05:19 AM
Darn...my idea is stumped then. Well, exactly what can you do with spirit magic?

Most of what you can do with standard magic. The issue is not "What you can do" but "What you can do without killing yourself from too much power".

Khaeta
2009-09-23, 06:53 AM
Alrighty, character bio and stuff. Now with additional spoilers!

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww354/carped20/WillShadowthief.png

Will Shadowthief
Kopaka
Race: Human
Faction: Currently unaffiliated
Magical Powers: Yes, has unusual bond with spirit (see bio)
Personality: Does whatever he feels like, very strong willed and motivated by revenge and honor (not that he acts honorably, just that he doesn't like other people insulting what little he has)
Bio:
Will could never forget the day the wizard found him and took him off the street. He counts himself fortunate for being able to remember that, because he can't remember anything else. It was one of the most exciting moments of what he can only imagine was an extremely boring life. He could also never forget what the wizard did to him. He can still feel the chains that bound him to the table, the agony as the wizard forged the link to the spirit he now remains bound to. For that matter, Zen will never let him forget, either.
After the bonding, Will found he could easily replicate any of the magic that he saw used by his "master" while captive. He also found that he had no memory of his previous life, and now had a constant companion in the form of an incorporeal spirit floating always at his shoulder. And the spirit, who called himself Zen, refused to shut up.
Zen obviously had no more interest being bonded than Will, and naturally assumed it was Will's fault what had happened. After Will explained, and the spirit agreed to work with him against a common enemy, the castle suddenly and inexplicably collapsed, leaving the wizard presumably dead in the rubble and Will and Zen running free.
They then made a life for themselves on the streets, specializing in the illusions that kept Zen hidden from others and Will in the shadows long enough to do his job as a thief or assassin, whichever paid better from moment to moment. Zen constantly urged his bond towards making a name for himself, being a hero, and was constantly disappointed when Will would remain no more than a petty thief. However, now that may change...

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 07:20 AM
Alrighty, character bio and stuff. Now with additional spoilers!

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww354/carped20/WillShadowthief.png

Will Shadowthief
Kopaka
Race: Human
Faction: Currently unaffiliated
Magical Powers: Yes, has unusual bond with spirit (see bio)
Personality: Does whatever he feels like, very strong willed and motivated by revenge and honor (not that he acts honorably, just that he doesn't like other people insulting what little he has)
Bio:
Will could never forget the day the wizard found him and took him off the street. It was one of the most exciting moments of what he can only imagine was an extremely boring life. He could also never forget what the wizard did to him. He can still feel the chains that bound him to the table, the agony as the wizard forged the link to the spirit he now remains bound to. For that matter, Zen will never let him forget, either.
After the bonding, Will found he could easily replicate any of the magic that he saw used by his "master" while captive. He also found that he had no memory of his previous life, and now had a constant companion in the form of an incorporeal spirit floating always at his shoulder. And the spirit, who called himself Zen, refused to shut up.
Zen obviously had no more interest being bonded than Will, and naturally assumed it was Will's fault what had happened. After Will explained, and the spirit agreed to work with him against a common enemy, the castle suddenly and inexplicably collapsed, leaving the wizard presumably dead in the rubble and Will and Zen running free.
They then made a life for themselves on the streets, specializing in the illusions that kept Zen hidden from others and Will in the shadows long enough to do his job as a thief or assassin, whichever paid better from moment to moment. Zen constantly urged his bond towards making a name for himself, being a hero, and was constantly disappointed when Will would remain no more than a petty thief. However, now that may change...

Did you ever looked at my main characters for FI? You know, Skimmer is also bonded to some spirit(I used term ghost at that time), that spirit is also incorporeal, also won't shut up and her name is also Zen. Heh, even their motives are actualy similar....it's just black and looks like crow.

I believe you're not copy-cat as these things happen to me constantly, but why Zen?:smallconfused:

[Edit]:

Well, now that I look at it again, I could really write it better....meh, nevermind. Here is it:

S'not the best work I admit, my grammar still have many flaws, especially when I'm forced to write something larger, but better than nothing I guess:smalltongue:

Skimmer, the peacekeeper:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/Skimmer-bio.png

Thanks to her supernatural skills of survival, Skimmer is one of the best frontliners the peacekeepers have. Many times she was send into center of battle, she faced many fatal injuries, but she always got back somehow. This and her experience gathered during the 11 years of D-jumping helped her rise through ranks quickly, but she's still not fit to be commander of any sort. Instead she leads a small group of peacekeepers to the front lines under direct commands of the Conservator of peace.

Although her regeneration powers weakened a bit, she can still withstand gunshots or slashing with little harm, atleast as long as she has energy to recover or as long as she has what to recover.......so magic still makes her lot of trouble.
She's primary a melee fighter and in battle she usually relies mainly on bell hammer in combination with her six shooter for longer range.

Skimmer was also possesed by animal ghost known only as Zen, who claims to be one of her sisters from her past. The possession isn't quite perfect, in fact, it degraded and Skimmer's still in charge of her actions, but it's possible that Zen has still some control over her. It happened long time ago before she became peacekeeper, somewhile during TJH plot.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/Zen-bio.png
(Zens true look. She rarely manifests into this form though)

Becalel, the ghost of transmutation:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/skimmer21/Becalel-bio.png
(Just image now to remind him, info'll arive shortly later)

V'icternus
2009-09-23, 07:59 AM
Hmm, I suppose I'll need a name for my characters Spirit, too... *Starts thinking*

The Gremlin
2009-09-23, 08:11 AM
I figure that before I do anything too big, I'm leaving my characters on the wiki to be looked at. (Yes, I have two, but it would only work as a dynamic).

One of their names is a bit of a hats-off to a character I realised was very similar to my idea. Gremlin should recognise it as soon as he sees it, as he is familiar with the source material the reference is from.

I'm a little surprised no one has thought of this sacrifice for a Spiritbound yet.

:smallamused:
Tiles is now my favorite character.

BRC
2009-09-23, 09:16 AM
[Picture to come]
Marie Ordeza
Faction: Four Winds Merchant Bank
Magical Powers: Yes, is a moderately skilled Scribemage.
Bio: Born to a Branch Manager and a Librarian, Marie has been moving through the social circles of the Four Winds Merchant Bank from a young age. She is trained as a Lawyer, Scribemage, Spy (Well, the Scribemagic helps with that), and Triestaria. She serves as a general agent for the Bank, moving from place to place solving problems. She takes her orders directly from General Management, and thus has authority within the Bank. Her code name is Albatross.

Khaeta
2009-09-23, 09:30 AM
Did you ever looked at my main characters for FI? You know, Skimmer is also bonded to some spirit(I used term ghost at that time), that spirit is also incorporeal, also won't shut up and her name is also Zen. Heh, even their motives are actualy similar....it's just black and looks like crow.

I believe you're not copy-cat as these things happen to me constantly, but why Zen?:smallconfused:

[Edit]:

Well, now that I look at it again, I could really write it better....meh, nevermind. Here is it:

Wow. :smalleek:
No, I hadn't even really read your character for FI, certainly not recently, and if I had, I'd completely forgotten.
That's really weird...my spirit's a bit different though. It's a normal spirit of magic (whatever they're called), but instead of being bound to Will he's more...linked. Essentially he's tied to Will's life force, and is stuck with him until Will dies or their bond is somehow broken. So it's not possession, and certainly not intended by either of them, they're just linked against their will.

EDIT: And no, I don't know why "Zen." I just thought it was a good spirit name.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 09:38 AM
Hmm, I suppose I'll need a name for my characters Spirit, too... *Starts thinking*

Me too *starts thinking too but is imediatly distracted* :smalltongue:

Khaeta
2009-09-23, 09:41 AM
Well wait, I thought that normally having a spirit bond was like having it bound up inside your body, in which case they can't do much on their own. The idea behind Zen was that a wizard tried some new bonding experiment in which the spirit remains outside the body.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 09:51 AM
Well wait, I thought that normally having a spirit bond was like having it bound up inside your body, in which case they can't do much on their own. The idea behind Zen was that a wizard tried some new bonding experiment in which the spirit remains outside the body.

Doesn't mean it's silent all the time.

Khaeta
2009-09-23, 09:55 AM
Doesn't mean it's silent all the time.

Alright, I guess not, but how does it talk :smallconfused:?

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 10:08 AM
Alright, I guess not, but how does it talk :smallconfused:?

It spends all it's time in your mind, I'm sure it can find a way to communicate.

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 10:30 AM
Wow. :smalleek:
No, I hadn't even really read your character for FI, certainly not recently, and if I had, I'd completely forgotten.
That's really weird...my spirit's a bit different though. It's a normal spirit of magic (whatever they're called), but instead of being bound to Will he's more...linked. Essentially he's tied to Will's life force, and is stuck with him until Will dies or their bond is somehow broken. So it's not possession, and certainly not intended by either of them, they're just linked against their will.

EDIT: And no, I don't know why "Zen." I just thought it was a good spirit name.

Thought so.....as I said it's not first time these weird coincidences happened to me.:smallbiggrin:

It's actualy more similar than you think, I just don't want to go into details right now:smallcool:

It spends all it's time in your mind, I'm sure it can find a way to communicate.

I though spirits has more in common with souls, therefore there are bounded:smallconfused:

On the other hand, it might explain why you have to lose something......maybe whether or not it can communicate depends on what you offer?

(presuming mind and soul are two different things)

BRC
2009-09-23, 10:54 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Marie.png
Marie Ordeza
Bio: Born to a Branch Manager and a Librarian, Marie has been moving through the social circles of the Four Winds Merchant Bank from a young age. She is trained as a Lawyer, Scribemage, Spy (Well, the Scribemagic helps with that), and Triestaria. She serves as a general agent for the Bank, moving from place to place solving problems. She takes her orders directly from General Management, and thus has authority within the Bank. Her code name is Albatross.

Edit: Yeah, she's just a modified version of the sample Triestaria I already drew.What can I say, I like the image.

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 10:59 AM
Thought so.....as I said it's not first time these weird coincidences happened to me.:smallbiggrin:

It's actualy more similar than you think, I just don't want to go into details right now:smallcool:

I though spirits has more in common with souls, therefore there are bounded:smallconfused:

On the other hand, it might explain why you have to lose something......maybe whether or not it can communicate depends on what you offer?

(presuming mind and soul are two different things)

I think so too, but since the mage don't change personality then I bet it ain't in his soul (assuming the soul is who you are) and since the soul is in your mind then why shouldn't the spirit be too (assuming the mind is where your thoughts happened, most likely in the brain, and where magic resides in Novaris)

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 11:48 AM
I think so too, but since the mage don't change personality then I bet it ain't in his soul (assuming the soul is who you are) and since the soul is in your mind then why shouldn't the spirit be too (assuming the mind is where your thoughts happened, most likely in the brain, and where magic resides in Novaris)

Memories are experience and experience is what builds your personality(More than 60% if I remember corectly). Complete loss of memory will inevitably lead into personality change. How you handle your emotions is also part of your personality. If you lose some, it changes. Loss of some ability leads into different experience in future, therefore may change your personality in future.
So yes, mage can change personality by spirit-bound, but here we're talking about mind, not soul.

Soul is not inside a mind because soul is just a different body for a mind. Soul is what you are, therefore you cant lose it. What you can lose is memory or emotions(in this world surely). When all of it is gone, guess what's left? Just empty shell worth of some energy, but it's still you.....

I think it makes more sense this way....

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 12:06 PM
Memories are experience and experience is what builds your personality(More than 60% if I remember corectly). Complete loss of memory will inevitably lead into personality change. How you handle your emotions is also part of your personality. If you lose some, it changes. Loss of some ability leads into different experience in future, therefore may change your personality in future.
So yes, mage can change personality by spirit-bound, but here we're talking about mind, not soul.

Soul is not inside a mind because soul is just a different body for a mind. Soul is what you are, therefore you cant lose it. What you can lose is memory or emotions(in this world surely). When all of it is gone, guess what's left? Just empty shell worth of some energy, but it's still you.....

I think it makes more sense this way....

It makes sense, nice explanation :smallsmile:

So the spirit is in your soul? or mind?

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 12:31 PM
It makes sense, nice explanation :smallsmile:

So the spirit is in your soul? or mind?

By this theory spirits and ghosts are composed of soul and mind only, so logicaly you should have room for both.
Two souls can be bound together if you have enough space for it, but in order to access it's ability you have to also bound minds. Then we have two possible outcomes:

1. Part of memory, abilites or emotions is exchanged between two minds, but otherwise they're separated. Host usualy gains ability of magic from the spirit, but I guess knowledge or different ability is also possible.

2. Two minds unites into one, creating new. Both host and spirit technicaly die, so it's unlikely somebody would even try it....

Edit:

And then there's third as explained by Kopaka, but that is kinda different as the spirit can probably cast spell on it's own.....

MethosH
2009-09-23, 12:48 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Marie.png
Marie Ordeza

Edit: Yeah, she's just a modified version of the sample Triestaria I already drew.What can I say, I like the image.

Nice! :smallbiggrin:
I like it. Wiki? :P

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 01:04 PM
By this theory spirits and ghosts are composed of soul and mind only, so logicaly you should have room for both.
Two souls can be bound together if you have enough space for it, but in order to access it's ability you have to also bound minds. Then we have two possible outcomes:

1. Part of memory, abilites or emotions is exchanged between two minds, but otherwise they're separated. Host usualy gains ability of magic from the spirit, but I guess knowledge or different ability is also possible.

2. Two minds unites into one, creating new. Both host and spirit technicaly die, so it's unlikely somebody would even try it....

Edit:

And then there's third as explained by Kopaka, but that is kinda different as the spirit can probably cast spell on it's own.....

So 1. is basicly throwing something away to give place for the spirit('s abilities)?

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 01:08 PM
So 1. is basicly throwing something away to give place for the spirit('s abilities)?

I guess so. It's fair deal.....that's why spirits agree to bounding isnt it?

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 01:16 PM
I guess so. It's fair deal.....that's why spirits agree to bounding isnt it?

Bounding: Setting limits or bounds.

Don't think so, they agree to the bonding (binding or connecting) though :smalltongue:

I bet that's why, yes.

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 01:24 PM
Bounding: Setting limits or bounds.

Don't think so, they agree to the bonding (binding or connecting) though :smalltongue:

I bet that's why, yes.

Uh, oh.....it's almost same <.<

Khaeta
2009-09-23, 01:33 PM
Edit:

Yeah, I was planning on that being possible, since they're still two separate entities. Will still lost his memories, though...

EDIT: Quote fixed. Whoops...

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 01:42 PM
Edit:

Yeah, I was planning on that being possible, since they're still two separate entities. Will still lost his memories, though...

The connection must have filled something in his mind/soul.

Khaeta
2009-09-23, 01:44 PM
The connection must have filled something in his mind/soul.

Well yes, in order to make the connection in the first place he had to give something up, and he still has some magic he can do on his own. It's not a normal method, being experimented on by a mad wizard tends to do odd and somewhat unexplainable things...

-skimmer-
2009-09-23, 01:54 PM
Well yes, in order to make the connection in the first place he had to give something up, and he still has some magic he can do on his own. It's not a normal method, being experimented on by a mad wizard tends to do odd and somewhat unexplainable things...

It's easy, regular chain simply didn't hold so the wizard had to use longer one, which gave the spirit more of freedom....accidentally I guess..

Mina Kobold
2009-09-23, 02:07 PM
It's easy, regular chain simply didn't hold so the wizard had to use longer one, which gave the spirit more of freedom....accidentally I guess..

Or he thought it might let him use more of the spirits power but wanted to test it first.

Darklord Bright
2009-09-23, 02:13 PM
I should have the intro out in the next 12 hours. I say this because I'm going to be at school soon, otherwise It'd be out a lot sooner.