PDA

View Full Version : Inside 7 [Acro/Town]



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Rebonack
2009-09-07, 07:40 PM
Rules and locations in the spoiler.
All standard forum rules apply here, as do the godmodding rules generally agreed upon on this sub-forum.

This thread is for urban shenanigans as Outside is for wilderness shenanigans. It's generally a good idea to mark your PC's location with a [Location] tag at the top of your post so that other players using the thread will know where you are.

This thread is open for use by everyone. Feel free to make up locations within or even man a booth at the open market place. Please be respectful of other people's locations and refrain from blowing them up with an orbital laser strike or something.

There are NPCs all over the place, being a city and all. They are free to be used, abused, blown up, or turned into brain-hungry undead at your desecration. Please be responsible with your NPC use and clean up after you're done.

Above all else, be nice and have fun. That's the point of FFRP after all.

Locations
Barkhouse Bestiary (Public)

Odd that the building had seemed to simply spring up overnight. Even stranger is the fact that is has somehow managed to grow over at ACROville as well. Things like that happen all the time in Nexus though, so perhaps not. Or... perhaps so...

You see, when a building pops up over night in Nexus it is usually not there one moment and then there the next. Those who happened to be wandering about during the wee hours of the morning swear that they saw this odd structure growing out of the ground. Like a malformed tree maturing far faster than any tree has any business maturing. And like a tree the roof of the building sports a canopy of branches and leaves which several local birds have already taken up residence in.

The leaves are thick and broad, the bark a curious brick red color and as smooth as a paint finish. Said bark is peeling in several places, revealing younger mottled green bark below. Rather reminiscent of a madrone, really.

Despite the fact that the building is quite clearly a tree it is also quite clearly a building. A tree that has grown into a rather unnatural shape. Above the front door one will find a sign of bright yellow barkless wood which reads:


Barkhouse Bestiary
Custom Critters, Companions, and Creations

Off to the side is what one would assume to be a carved wolf of the same wood baying at the sign. Because tree puns are funny.

One will find that the door opens quit effortlessly into the roomy interior of the tree-house. Perhaps the first thing that might strike one as odd is how well lit it is inside, due both to window pains of transparent plant membranes as well as bioluminescent globes hanging from the ceiling. The whole building feels somewhat humid, though the temperature is quite comfortable for your average humanoid.

Also hanging here and there are wooden cages. More akin to old fashioned song-bird cages that the ugly boxish wire mesh variety. Some of the cages are empty. Others contain various animals, both fuzzy and not, which watch passersby with curious eyes.

Like the cages, in truth like the building as a whole, there really don't seem to be any corners to speak of. Only smooth organic curves in this place. Which makes the counter in the main room stand out a fair bit. But only because of its planed surface. It's certainly by no means square. Or even rectangular. Rather it curves and meanders around a fair bit in a very haphazard way.

Behind the counter is a perch. And on the perch is a rather odd bird painted with earth tones and a fair bit of blue. Should a customer have a message for the owner while he's out it will be more than happy to remember it for you. And if he happens to be in another room the bird will probably squawk until it gets his attention.

From the main room one will find three doors branching off to other chambers, all with similar furnishings and décor as the first. One seems to be packed with various supplies for the proper care of curious critters. Food and bedding and cages and the like. To the right one will find more varied critters as in the first main room, though the temperature here is a little warmer and the lighting slightly more dark. Also of note are a series of raised ponds which contain a plethora of colorful fish.

Yes. Even trout.

The final room is fairly large and packed to the gills with all fashion of truly bizarre plants. Many of which seem to be growing what could be assumed to be... equipment. Rope. Individual pieces of armor, pauldrons and bracers mostly. Pendants. And other less identifiable things. At one wall of the chamber is another pond with a smallish waterfall running out above it. And basking on a rock at the edge of the pond is a three foot long salamander. The amphibian, not the elemental. Near it is a sign which reads:


Please do not feed fingers to the salamander.
-The Management

On the second floor of the tree house is Avatar's workshop and personal quarters, though the means by which this portion of the building is accessed isn't immediately clear. The quarters are rather plain and Spartan. The workshop seems cluttered with notes and cages, though there is some semblance of method to the madness.

In all a rather strange place, no doubt. A strange place that sells custom magical beasts and living wondrous items. How very curious indeed. What an item that won't get fried by disjunction? Need a fire breathing guinea pig? Have you always thought that it would be useful to be resistant to petrifaction? Do you need some exploding seed pods? Then, fine customer, you have come to the right place! The proprietor even takes custom orders, though expect that such creatures will take a day or two to complete. After all, it isn't easy to build a living thing from the ground up.

So come in! Look around! Have your lycanthropy repressed and buy a monkey of healing to sit on your head!


Erin's Emporium (Public)

Construction Gnomes have been hard at work renovating a small store along one of the various merchantile roads. Well, it was small. Now it's bigger on the inside.

And filled with every sort of weaponry imaginable, from across the multiverse. From blaster carbines to P-90s, surface-to-air missiles to ballistas, zats to nunchucks, they're all here.

Is that a siege crossbow sitting in the corner?


The Scrivener (Public)
Just inside the front door are rows of bookshelves, featuring many a book, tome, and article filled with useful information. At first one would assume that this is just a bookstore, but, as the clerk behind the counter will cheerfully inform you, The Scrivener specializes in obtaining and researching information for a fee as well. On the second floor is Douglas' office, where one can hire him as a private investigator.


Camlar Wines (Public)

Camlar Wines
Proprietess: Tessa Camlar Fairley

Camlar Wines
Proprietess: Tessa Camlar Fairley

On entering, Camlar Wines appears more like a home than a shop. There are comfy chairs and a fireplace. The wine is, of course, in the cellar with magical wards to maintain its environment.

The shop specializes in wines from Camlar Vineyards in Faerun, though there are other varieties as well.

Not advertised, but possibly known through word of mouth, is that the proprietess can craft custom magic items with no waiting. Of course it takes time to do, but Tessa cheats. However, the cost is very high.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Tessa)


House of Oddities (Public)

*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*

This man approaches an empty lot. Walking over, the man kneels down, setting his briefcase next to him. Opening it up, he leans far in, almost to the waist, before drawing himself back out again, holding a beaker of water in one hand and what appears to be a small model house in the other. Closing the briefcase, the Squeaky Shoes Man maneuvers to the center of the lot.

Placing the model down, he pours the water on it and then dashs back to his briefcase quickly. The model grows, slowly at first, then faster until soon, there stands a single story house. The paint was a hideous cat-puke green and peeling. Rust lined the porch railings and shutters were hanging on their sides. The windows were covered in dirt and dust. The man smiled and picked up his briefcase. Moving quickly to his new abode, the wooden steps gave a strained groan under his weight, but held. The door swings open with a screech and the man steps inside.

Some time later, the man comes out with a hammer and a wooden sign. Staking it in front of the house, somehow pushing it into pavement, the man nods, seemingly proud of his work and goes back inside. The sign reads as follows:


Oddities:

Barter only

Those who walk up the ominously groaning steps and enter the shop/house will be greeted by an incredibly dusty room. Cobwebs lie all along the walls. Floorboards creak precariously. There even seems to be a hole or two in the floor. This place certainly seems unfit to live. To the right and towards the back of the room is another door that must lead further into the house.

In the middle of the room is a card table with one leg shorter than the others creating that annoying, impossible to remove, wobble. Sitting in a cheap folding metal chair facing the doorway is the Squeaky Shoes man. On top of the table is the briefcase.

Welcome to the House of Oddities. What is your flavor today?


Hestia Cyanide's Potions and Poisons (Public)

The rumbling of cartwheels and the clippetty-clop of carthorses comes to a halt as the quaint little wagon comes to a halt in the empty lot. And I do mean quaint. About the size of a small room, the wagon seems comically tiny compared to the large twin carthorses that pull it, appearing too small for someone to live in, let alone hold a shop in. At least, until it expands. The wagon seems almost to explode as it enlarges, rooms and walls and chimneys and roofs popping and appearing until the wagon resembles a small, double-story, brightly painted cottage on wheels. The house sinks to the ground, wainscots lowering lowering to hide the wheels from view, until steps pop out from the bottom of the front door, coming to the floor, and a stable pops out from the side. A large creature, perhaps a troll, or maybe an ogre or a morlock or a bugbear, comes out the front door, herds the two carthorses into the stables (which, curiously, hold room for four), then returns inside, but not before hanging up a wooden sign proclaiming
Hestia Cyanide's
Potions and Poisons

in large white letters.


The inside of the shop is smoky and warm, with a sitting room at the front, consisting of a variety of mismatched comfy chairs arranged around a low-slung table, and a 'kitchen', if it can be called that, at the back, a chaotic arrangement of shelving containing a perplexing multitude of jars, vials and bottles, all facing inwards towards a giant cauldron (and a small stepladder, for Hestia is of the small sort).

The upstairs part of the store is out of bounds, for it is where Hestia lives and sleeps, when she is not at PEACE.


Samantha's Smith (Public)

An open workyard greets you as you walk up to this building, an anvil and random scatterings of all sorts of raw materials lying on the floor, with neater, untouched pieces stacked in piles up against the wall. A few tools lay on a work bench attached to a forge, which, should one be knowledgeable about these sorts of things, will be found to be of the highest quality.

Inside the building your eyes are immediately drawn to the rows of weaponry adorning the walls. There aren't too many modern weapons there yet, most of the weapons primarily being swords, although there is a large selection of other such weapons as well. All of the weapons that are there are obviously the highest quality, and have clearly been polished recently.

Once your eyes finish taking in the weaponry they'll spot the counter on the opposite side of the room, with a young woman, probably in her early twenties leaning on it, with a cash register off to the side. Her blond hair is tied back in a sensible ponytail, and her smile is warm and genuine as you come in.


Club 30's (Public)

A posh nightclub run by Jack, one of the area's businessmen. Ladies and gentlemen from all walks of life meet and mingle here, so long as they follow the formal dress code. The interior is set up in 50's modern-jazz style. There is a private VIP area for business dealings or couples who want to be away from prying eyes, a bar, and a raised stage. Live music is played nightly, currently fronted by Jack's girlfriend Layla, a pretty blonde elven girl.


K-Corp (Public)

Rising up above the urban filth is the golden visage of K-CORP, towering above the neighboring buildings like some sun-temple, casting a dark shadow on the nearby houses an-
...
Okay, it looks pretty much exactly like the Tyrell Corporation building from Blade Runner, with a few additions. But then, what would you expect from a robot? They aren't exactly renowned for their creativity. People who enter, past the wrought iron gates and the gardens, complete with ornamental peacocks (Replicants, of course), will find themselves in a tremendous foyer, several stories in height (seven, judging from the balconies overhead), dominated by a giant golden fountain, populated by a variety of 'mythical' beings and fae, producing pure water from their mouths, which falls, sometimes for several meters, into the wide pool below, populated with nymphs and mermaids and various aquatic creatures, frozen in a single moment, a snapshot of an idyllic, fairytale life so sickeningly sweet one could contract diabetes from it at a glance.
Past the fountain, at the end of the foyer is a single stone reception desk, bearing the company motto, 'THE FUTURE IS NOW' across it in large friendly letters, manned by a single bored looking receptionist. Soft music drifts across the wide empty space, somehow avoiding echoing or distorting in the cavernous area. That's future tech for you.
Past the foyer? Well then, that's the adventure...

OOC: K-CORP is a manufacturer for various arms and weapons of war, though they do also produce several other future technologies. K-CORP caters mainly to organizations and major groups, and individual buyers shall be directed to Erin's Emporium, which I do believe contains a quite few of our wonderful wonderful products. Of course, the main reason for K-CORP's existence is to provide a base for KR-15 to further his plans to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Enjoy!


Ghostbusters' Firehouse (Public)
In the area of town called Kingsville, after the devastation caused by the White King to it, a old building, that was once a firehouse stands.

On the outside a sign sits above the large doors depicting a concerned looking ghost in the middle of a red-hashed 'no' symbol.

This is the Ghostbusters' Inside station, similar to the headquarters in New York, but with a few minor differences.

Only one ghostbuster is available here. But he's ready to take on any ghost-related problems at almost any time.

The Black Label (Public)
In a room adjacent to Erin's Emporium, a new business has opened.

The store is lined with parts. Frames, slides, stocks, bolts, sights, scopes, barrels, hammers, grips, and various internal mechanisms are on shelves, in display cases, and laid out on tables. Other racks and cases hold complete firearms of every description and sort.

There are also stands and mock up of gun fighting rigs, body armor, and systems resembling the Land Warrior and Future Force Warrior programs.

In the back, you can see machinery of a varied sort. Lathes, drills, work benches with a variety of tools. This place has everything you need to create the perfect weapon for yourself, provided that you use guns.

That includes the gunsmith, Grigori Vanek, better known as Greg, sitting at his counter with his legs propped up, smoking a cigarette.

Signs out front and inside say:


The Black Label

Professional Gunsmithing and Calibration
Engraving, Accurization, Customization, Optimization - whatever you need, for whatever needs. Tactical, Competitive, Professional.
For any gun from any time and any place.

Services Offered:
Engraving, Customization, Optimization- Grigori can take any stock or generic weapon you give him and modify, alter, and improve it to your specifications. It takes him a while, but he can produce some real works of art given time.

Wares- Greg also offers gun fighting rigs, modern and near futuristic styles of body armor, and pre-altered and customized guns off the shelf to buyers.

[Sky Haven-A Safer Existence] (Public)
A building with a large, empty, fenced-off parking lot stands in Inside. Here is where you can get a ticket for the titular Sky Haven, an airship and apartment complex of sorts.

The airship, a sleek, black-and-navy behemoth, was obviously originally a military project. It seems to have been stripped of weapons, and can be seen in the lot when loading.

Open to all... All who can pay, that is.

The title is a misnomer, of course. No doubt the moniker of this place was settled on after a brief conversation that started with, 'Wouldn't it be funny if...?'. But now the name has stuck.

But what is this place, you ask?

Quite simple.

This is the place between the others that isn't Outside. Now, not outside as in outdoors. That out-door market place is certainly outside. But it isn't Outside. It isn't nestled between the roaring waves of the sea and the ancient, decaying mountains. It isn't hidden in the wilds.

It's here.

In this city.

This urban center that has burst forth like a field of toad-stools after an autumn rain. This city that begun to grow as soon as the first place of business was planted outside the various ACRO organizations.

It's a strange city, to be sure. Filled with all manner of people and places and dangers and wonders. One day a location may be an empty lot. The next a butcher shop. The next a lichen-choked cathedral long since abandoned. Nothing is static. All is in flux.

It had to have been here before. Right? People walked from the Taverna to the various Orgs all the time. So how would it have been missed? Perhaps it is now so much more real because it has been acknowledged.

So then, what is this place you ask?

Well my dear hypothetical inquirer, it is the urban counterpart of Outside. It is the inns and shops and streets and slums. The markets and the parks and the fountains and the city squares. It is the libraries and the places of worship and the dank sewer systems. It is all the urban locations that don't have a place to call their own.

Always wanted to crash through a fruit stand in a dramatic chase scene? Well now you can.

Beware the Cute Diseased Pigeons, however. While they may be adorable they are known carries of the deadly Vaporization Flu.

happyturtle
2009-09-07, 07:47 PM
[Green District]

While the hovertank is at the front gate, Charity is going to watch for a big enough ruckus to allow her to sneak into the estate. Somehow.

This probably won't end well.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 07:53 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Yikes!

The two guards at the gate notice the imposing forces and one of them swiftly runs off, while the other approaches them.

"What is your business here?"

The ISF officer responds. "We are investigating an accusation of human trafficking, and possible connections to organized crime. Cooperate and no one will be harmed."

The hovertank has its cannon pointed in their general direction. Might lend some impact.

Neon Knight
2009-09-07, 07:54 PM
[Green District]

Jack is next to Towering Bear.

___

[Kalah's Manor]

We should probably establish Misaki as being somewhere.

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 07:55 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Well, the front gate is pretty well watched by everyone. Sneaking into the manor won't be regarded well by the army, most likely...

"Do you have a warrant?"
Inquires the guard in a polite manner.

happyturtle
2009-09-07, 08:01 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Sorry. Badly worded. I'm trying to say that she's hoping that everyone's attention will be focused on the front gate so she can go somewhere else, away from the front gate, and sneak into the manor. Side entrance, back gate, over the wall... something like that.

If this is totally impractical for reasons of layout or security, or whatever, that's fine. If it isn't possible, but looks like it is, she's going to try it.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:02 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"You mistake us. We are the Inside Special Forces, called in instances where the IPD would be powerless. We have found a possible connection to the organization of the gang sectors, and we intend to follow it to its core. Stand aside."

One of the other soldiers starts radioing something quietly to headquarters. The following can be heard: "Confrontation... Reinforcements... Suspect..." He taps the officer on the shoulder, and said officer nods and hands him the sketches obtained from Charity. The soldier heads off to link up with the reinforcements.

The hovertank is still hovering ominously.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 08:04 PM
[Imperial BOP]

There is a lound banging on the door to the BOP from the inside, which is audible from the streets.

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 08:10 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"Then may I at least see some identification?"
Inquires the guard, still being polite.

The walls form a square. The front gate being out of the question, Charity will move around the other walls, but each wall is guarded by two guards, who are quite alert at the moment. Maybe if there were a distraction, but...

Neon Knight
2009-09-07, 08:12 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Misaki is in her room, asleep.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:15 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"Very well." The officer pulls out an ID card, showing:


Name: F. Jenkins
Rank: Officer
ISF Identification Code: 05201

happyturtle
2009-09-07, 08:16 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

She'll wait for a distraction. Unless she's spotted before then. By Acro terms, she's fairly non-descript--rainbow streaks in her hair being her only unusual feature. But she's not naturally stealthy.

On the other hand, she doesn't look like a threat either, so she might be ignored even if seen.

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 08:21 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

It isn't really too uncommon to see someone moving around. Charity is ignored... but a distraction doesn't appear to be forthcoming.

"I see. Very well. What cooperation do you need?"
Inquires the guard.

Within the manor, a knock is heard on Misaki's door.

Neon Knight
2009-09-07, 08:23 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

The little girl wakes slowly, stretching in the manor of a cat before hopping off the bed and going to open the door.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:27 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"A young girl named Misaki was allegedly sold by a man named Jack, and was tracked here. We will find her, and follow the link to this Jack, who we suspect to be a ringleader of sorts in organized crime. All you have to do is allow us to do this without resistance." Judging by what happened last time someone came with that accusation, this won't end well...

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 08:27 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Kalah is outside of her room.
"Misaki, I need you to come with me, okay?"
She holds out her hand to her.

The guard raises an eyebrow.
"Jack? You mean, the mob boss Jack? Oh, the Emerald Lady can tell you all about him. There's no way we'd be dealing with him though- he tore up a ton of people in a bar that the lady is a patron of. Its true, ask anyone."

Neon Knight
2009-09-07, 08:28 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

The child automatically and instantly places her hand in Kalah's.

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 08:33 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Kalah smiles at Misaki and swiftly leads her off to the tunnel the dealer had brought her through yesterday, where she stops.
There are a few other people there as well.
"Misaki, I need you to follow and trust these friends of mine, okay? You're going to go off and have a little fun for a while together."
She pets Misaki on the head.

Neon Knight
2009-09-07, 08:35 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Misaki nods, tilting her head into the petting.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:35 PM
[Kalah's Manor]


The guard raises an eyebrow.
"Jack? You mean, the mob boss Jack? Oh, the Emerald Lady can tell you all about him. There's no way we'd be dealing with him though- he tore up a ton of people in a bar that the lady is a patron of. Its true, ask anyone."

Officer Jenkins quietly radios something. Something like "This 'Jack' has been identified as a mob boss. Arrest on sight." Then he looks back up at the guard.

"Thank you for the information. But we do still need to verify this Misaki's presence. I hope you will continue to be cooperative."

Meanwhile...

[Green District]

One of the incoming groups of reinforcements passes Jack and Towering Bear and stops. One of the soldiers approaches Jack. "You are under arrest for human trafficking and being under suspicion of being a mob boss." He has handcuffs...

Neon Knight
2009-09-07, 08:38 PM
[Green District]

Jack growls and sighs. Worst. Day. Ever. But with Towering Bear breathing down his neck, and Layla in their hands, he doesn't have much of a choice.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 08:39 PM
[Imperial BOP/streets]
The doors blow open with an explosion an a small group of zombies pile out of the gate into the street.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:46 PM
((I think we're waiting for horngeek and BR to continue in the Green District/Kalah's Manor.))

[Streets/Imperial BOP]

A passing ISF patrol (what? Of course it would be a higher-risk area...) opens fire with pulse rifles on the zombies.

Oh. And let's not forget the hovertank's cannon...

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 08:47 PM
[imperial BOP]
the imperials evacuated from the BOP a long time ago. It now sits dystopically and is covered in graffitti and crawling in zombies. Zombies that where just fried.

The zombies are dead... for now. Nah, just messin' with ya!

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:53 PM
[Imperial BOP]

The patrol radios for a demolition team.

Oh dear.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 08:55 PM
[imperial BOP]
that might not be such a good idea.

the top half of a zombie begins to claw its way out of the compound.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 08:56 PM
[Imperial BOP]

The idea is to collapse the building on top of the zombies.

In any case, the half-zombie is showered with pulse rifle fire.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 08:59 PM
[BOP]

Yeah... still...

it to dies.

Theres nothing stopping them from setting up explosives on the outside of buildings or on the wall surrounding the compound. The door to the main building is locked, and the only building that isn't locked is the medical wing.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 09:06 PM
[Imperial BOP]

Most of the patrol cloaks, starting to head inside to scout out the place. Mostly to get a more accurate picture on things, really. Helmet scanners should compensate for darkness, if that becomes an issue. The hovertank and the demo team stay out, though.

They're mostly scouting what they can, for now.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 09:11 PM
[BOP]
The medical building is fairly small, with empty cots lining the sides of the room. next to the cots are small tables, some of which have empty glasses on them. on the far side of the room there is a desk with a name plate, and ash tray and an empty rolling chair. various small objects can be found scattered about. Namely syrenges, small vials of prescription pills (some epty, some full), and scapels.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 09:20 PM
[Imperial BOP]

One of the soldiers gets an idea. He goes to grab a few of the vials and, after confirming it with the rest of the team silently, throw them at the furthest away wall in order to attract the zombies to that area.

Should that work... Well, one will throw one of the electro-bomb thingies into the clump of zombies. Bzzzap.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 09:23 PM
[BOP]
the vial hits the wall and the contents rattle, and then the container falls to the floor with a clank. There is absolute silence.

Darkcomet
2009-09-07, 09:32 PM
[Imperial BOP]

The soldiers wait.

Chas the mage
2009-09-07, 09:36 PM
[BOP]
they will probably hear muffled music from inside the desk.
No zombies.

horngeek
2009-09-07, 10:27 PM
Towering Bear's where Quinn is.

He's trying to sniff out Misaki. How good is a bear's sense of smell?

Yes, a very interesting transaction indeed.

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 10:30 PM
Towering Bear's where Quinn is.

He's trying to sniff out Misaki.

Towering Bear doesn't smell Misaki anywhere.
He may, however, notice the special forces people who are attempting to take away Jack.

((Look through DC's posts))

horngeek
2009-09-07, 10:32 PM
He goes to them. Listen, he's under my custody, and is helping me to find the girl.

After we're done, feel free to arrest him. He'll be at GLoG.

This is only a short break, by the way.

I'll have to get off soon.

Maybe one more post, but I doubt it. I'm probably DTing now.

The Bushranger
2009-09-07, 10:52 PM
[Kalah's Manor]


[Kalah's Manor]

"I handle most of the lady's affairs. Please continue."
Says Isvel kindly.

Quinn smiles politely, and continues. Well, it recently came to my attention that there was a transaction involving a catperson servant, which have become quite rare and valuable these days. I was wondering if the Lady could tell me who the dealer was she contacted, and where I could get in touch with him?

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 11:03 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're referring to."
Isvel says politely, though there is a bit of an edge to her voice now.
"We certainly don't deal in such things here. The Emerald Lady is respectable, and above such underhanded dealings."
It is clear she doesn't appreciate such an accusation.
"If you could point me to the source of such rumors, I'd be most appreciative."

The Bushranger
2009-09-07, 11:06 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Quinn decides to lay a few more cards on the table.

Well, the person who sold the catperson to the dealer came to me. Unfortunatly I don't have the name of the dealer himself, he didn't know. She hesitates. Also, this catperson was...she was born a human girl, and suffered an accident of magic. She's like a daughter to me, and I would give anything to get her back. She puts her hand on her coin pouch when she says "anything"...

AmberVael
2009-09-07, 11:16 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Isvel glances behind Quinn at Jack, who was just arrested for human trafficking.
"If you're referring to Jack..."
She nods to Jack. Being the Emerald Lady's right hand servant means she knows about Jack, of course...
"Then you should know he's quite the enemy of ours. He attacked the Emerald Lady and those under her protection without provocation. Anything he says will be quite biased- it doesn't surprise me that he'd lie in this manner."
She gives a sad smile.
"I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do..."

The Bushranger
2009-09-07, 11:31 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

I...see.
Quinn considers pointing out various facts, but falls quiet for a moment instead.

Well...I'm posting a reward for the return of this girl. A large one. To be paid to anybody who returns her safe and unharmed.


Meanwhile, she reaches out with her mind, to try to find Misaki.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 12:05 AM
Towering Bear shakes his head.

Quinn, do you have somthing of Misaki's?

Dirk Kris
2009-09-08, 06:57 AM
Green District
Meridian, on Charity's shoulder, decides to do something. He hops over to the closest pair of guards and stops in front of them, standing on his hind legs and begging cutely with his forepaws.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 08:31 AM
A black butterfly perches on Quinn's shoulder.

The message is whispered into her ear. Quinn, this is Daisuke. The woman in the Detention Block had a message for you lot, and I agreed to have a Hell Butterfly relay it. Message is as follows:

Quinn, this is Layla. It's driving me crazy just sitting here. I want to help. You have my solemn word that I won't try any funny business. I just want to see everyone come out of this alive and well - Misaki, Jack, everyone. Please - give me a chance. I give you my word.

...and...please tell Jack that I love him. I didn't get the chance before you left.

Message end. Do you wish to send a return message?

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 09:38 AM
Quinn, not wanting to be rude, attempts to respond telepathically.

~I have no idea how you could help, but if you are truly sincere, you may attempt to assist...and, although I will pass on your message when I get the chance, if you are truly sincere, then he doesn't deserve you.~

She then returns her mental attention to trying to find Misaki.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 09:42 AM
Bear looks at it.

An authorisation for the Elemental is whispered, and it starts to fly back.

Yes, he heard. He has good hearing.

McBish
2009-09-08, 09:59 AM
Val and Daisuke exit the Taverna. She heads down closer to the docks and starts to look around, but she can't seem to find what she is looking for.

SeptAngel
2009-09-08, 02:08 PM
[Aesa's room]
Mercedes wakes and tries to slip out of the bed without waking Katya.

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:05 PM
[Erin's Emporium]

A tall, gaunt man with shaggy black hair strolls in, whistling a quiet tune.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:06 PM
[EE]

May is at the counter. "Oh, hi, welcome! How can I help you?"

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:08 PM
[EE]

His face twitches in a rough approximation of a smile as he approaches the counter. Do you have any ghost touch enchanted items? Ropes, chains, manacles, even a good sword?

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 03:10 PM
[EE - Upstairs]

Erin is working out upstairs, which is probably a good thing. :smalltongue:

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:10 PM
[EE]

May nods. "Of course. A must have in the Nexus, given what you can encounter here. We have a wide selection of such items."

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:13 PM
[EE]

Yes, I suppose you are right, at that. He fishes in the pockets off his large overcoat for a bag of gold. I'll take whatever you can sell me for subduing and restraining a ghost.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:15 PM
[EE]

May takes the money and starts getting things together, although she bites her lip. "You know, I could recommend a cleric if you're looking to get rid of a troublesome ghost."

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:20 PM
I certainly would ask you, if I were interested in getting rid of one. He smiles grimly, and his eyes flick up to the ceiling.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:25 PM
"Oh, er...." May is a bit surprised. She's starting to wonder why one would want to restrain a ghost. If it was a bad ghost, wouldn't he just bring in a cleric to deal with it?

Having a distinctly more good alignment than her adoptive mother, May gets caught up in these thoughts and is a bit slow in getting the order together.

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:27 PM
The man patiently waits, looking around the room a little.

McBish
2009-09-08, 03:28 PM
Val and Daisuke exit the Taverna. She heads down closer to the docks and starts to look around, but she can't seem to find what she is looking for.

((In case Horngeek is on for a bit now.))

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:29 PM
May gets everything together and takes the money, handing him his change.

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:30 PM
He leaves some coins, a tip, on the counter for her, takes his purchases, and starts to leave.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:34 PM
May lets him go...

But, leaving the counter to Crissy, tries to sneakily follow him when he leaves. She's curious about this matter.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:35 PM
Val and Daisuke exit the Taverna. She heads down closer to the docks and starts to look around, but she can't seem to find what she is looking for.

Daisuke looks at Val. Are they here?

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:35 PM
May sees him put the purchases in a deep pocket of the coat and walk down the street.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:37 PM
May follows him, walking some distance behind him and trying to avoid attention.

She's just a teenage girl, with average abilities and skills, so she's not super stealthy or anything.

McBish
2009-09-08, 03:37 PM
I don't know. I remember... they should be right here but this isn't right. The building they are right in front of looks old and abandoned, and probably has been for awhile now.

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:38 PM
Whistling the same tune as he was when he entered the store, he turns a corner and is momentarily lost to sight.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:39 PM
May does hustle to catch up and get around the corner, not wanting to lose him.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:41 PM
Do you think we should take a look inside?

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:41 PM
A handsome young man with blond hair and blue eyes is walking quickly in the other direction, and as May rounds the corner, he may run right into her.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:42 PM
The blue eyed blond haired girl crashes into the blue eyed blond haired man. "Oh, sorry!" May tries to quickly get up and look for the man she was following.

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:44 PM
There's no sign of him, but the chuckling young man helps May to her feet before walking away in the opposite direction.

McBish
2009-09-08, 03:45 PM
Val seems a bit afraid to go into the house but then nods and heads towards the door and tries to open it but it is locked. She frowns looking around for a key hidden but doesn't find one.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:48 PM
Daisuke looks for an open area in the house.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:48 PM
May blinks for a second, staring around. Had she lost him or...?

May looks to the young blond man. It was just a coincidence. The man she had been following had simply gotten away. What she was considering was stupid. She'd be so embarrassed when it turned out she was wrong.

...

But she has read a lot about the Nexus. She does know that here, anything is possible. Maybe...?

So she decides to follow the blond man she bumped into for just a short while.

happyturtle
2009-09-08, 03:48 PM
Green District
Meridian, on Charity's shoulder, decides to do something. He hops over to the closest pair of guards and stops in front of them, standing on his hind legs and begging cutely with his forepaws.

Charity is still watching and waiting for a distraction to occur.

FireFox
2009-09-08, 03:49 PM
Anything is possible indeed. Like the young man chanting a Druidic spell, stepping into a tree, and vanishing.

McBish
2009-09-08, 03:50 PM
Daisuke should be able to find a unlocked window on the side of the building.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:50 PM
Val, come on.

Daisuke opens the window and climbs in.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:51 PM
May blinks and sighs. She turns back and heads back into Erin's Emporium, thinking.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 03:52 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Officer Jenkins is still waiting for a response.

[Green District]


He goes to them. Listen, he's under my custody, and is helping me to find the girl.

After we're done, feel free to arrest him. He'll be at GLoG.

"We have another group at the manor for that purpose. We'll be taking him now. We believe he is the one organizing the criminals in the gang sectors... And this city could use one less problem." Jack probably won't like hearing this.

Bear may get the distinct feeling that if he doesn't just hand Jack over, Jack is probably going to get shot...

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:54 PM
All right.

Jack?

He looks at them.

Guess they haven't heard the saying: Do not interfere in the affairs of Lunars, for you are crunchy and taste good with cheese.

Hey, Bear doesn't eat people, but some Lunars do!

McBish
2009-09-08, 03:55 PM
Val climbs inside, the whole building seems empty, bare wooden floors, and blank walls. Val wanders from room to room they all seem so familiar, but empty like this, this isn't her home. She bites her lip as she looks around. Daisuke might hear footsteps upstairs. Val certainly does. Mom, Dad? She runs up the stairs.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:56 PM
Daisuke runs up as well, making sure to stay a bit ahead of her.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 03:58 PM
[Green District]

Jack doesn't look happy. At all. He looks to Bear, gritting his teeth.

McBish
2009-09-08, 03:59 PM
The hall they run through is as empty as the rest of the building, as they are going one of the doors swings open and a dark cloaked figure steps out reaching out to grab Val who cries out in surprise.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 03:59 PM
What you sow, you reap.

However, you lot. He is not to be physically harmed.

----

Daisuke draws his sword, trying to cut the figure's hands off.

AmberVael
2009-09-08, 04:02 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

The guard goes to fully open the gates for the officer and his men, though the tank is forced to wait outside, as the gate isn't nearly big enough to let it in. Of course, if it really needs to, it can probably just blast down the wall and move inside. Not that it will need to.

Isvel nods to Quinn and then moves to Jenkins, and will helpfully guide him through the house and assemble all of the servants.

Kalah, meanwhile, sends Misaki off with a small group of others, and they'll make their way through a cellar, then through a hidden passage and back into Green Headquarters. There's a nice little room where they can play games and the like- the others are quite friendly and nice, so Misaki probably won't feel too uncomfortable.

The hidden passage completely vanishes, blocked off by a very thick layer of stone once they've made it through.

Kalah will be... somewhere. Presumably she'll meet up with Jenkins and Isvel at some point.

((Unfortunately, I can only make this one post))

McBish
2009-09-08, 04:03 PM
The figures hand is easily cut off, easier then it would be to cut off a human's hand. And as it falls it fades away into shadows. With a bestial growl it leaps at Daisuke it's other hand growing claws and slashing at his face.

Another figure comes out of a different room and goes to grab Val who scrambles away getting to the stairs and starting to run down them, chased by the second cloaked figure.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 04:04 PM
Daisuke disappears.

He tries to reappear besides Val, and grab her.

McBish
2009-09-08, 04:07 PM
Val is grabbed and screams thinking it is another figure. The two figures lunge at the pair trying to separate the two of them.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 04:08 PM
[Green District]

The soldier nods and tries to handcuff Jack. As a sidenote, these are generic ISF goons. They don't even know what a Lunar is. :smalltongue:

[Kalah's Manor]

Jenkins and his men certainly won't pick up on the hidden passage. "Thank you for your cooperation. I don't know if the girl was ever here or not, but we've certainly made more progress for the city as a whole." Should no one stop them, they'll head back out and leave with the hovertank.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 04:09 PM
Too late.

They both disappear.

They should appear on the street.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 04:09 PM
[Green District]

Jack is handcuffed.

happyturtle
2009-09-08, 04:10 PM
((NK? Quinn has been trying to reach Misaki telepathically))

horngeek
2009-09-08, 04:11 PM
{{Happy is right. Does it just not happen, or does she respond?}}

McBish
2009-09-08, 04:11 PM
No threats appear in the street as they reach there. Val struggles blindly against what she thinks is a kidnapper.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 04:13 PM
[Green District]

More ISF forces arrive, linking up with the group arresting Jack. Given the presence of an APC, it could be accurately assumed that they're here to take him away.

Jack will be searched and stripped of any weapons found. All attempted, of course. Should that go well enough, they'll try to shove him into the APC. He shouldn't try anything once inside, though, given that there are more soldiers inside pointing pulse rifles at him, not to mention there's practically an entire convoy here now...

horngeek
2009-09-08, 04:14 PM
Val, it's me. Daisuke.

He loosens his grip.

----

By the way, Jack may be a bastard, but I don't think he's the ringleader by any means.

McBish
2009-09-08, 04:16 PM
Val calms down as she gets her feet underneath her. Not again. And in my house. My house was empty. She is getting pretty hysterical here, freaking out about all that is going on.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 04:16 PM
((Apologies. I have been meaning to get a reply out about that, but I keep forgetting to ask Vael if the mental link will be interfered with in any way.))

Jack doesn't try anything funny and is searched, losing his guns and a few knives. He's shoved into the APC.

He is actually supposed to be the ringleader, by the way.

horngeek
2009-09-08, 04:18 PM
He is?

Huh.

Anyway... both my characters deadtime as I go to school. >.<

I won't be back until 3.30 pm, with it being 7.20 now. One of those days.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 04:24 PM
[Green District]

A soldier nods to Bear as they start to leave. "Noted."

They're headed in the direction of... The old mercenary base, now the main base of the ISF.

Given that this is still the evil army... Jack may realize that they're going to kill him.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 04:29 PM
[Green District]

Oh, he does. It's what Jack would do in their place. But GLoG still has Layla, and he's about out of tricks. He's been run down the past few days. His mind races as he thinks.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-08, 04:53 PM
Green District
About that time, Layla runs into the district, a large elemental following her. She sees Jack shoved into an APC and gasps, instinctively reaching for her revolver.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 04:56 PM
[Green District/Streets]

The convoy keeps moving, not spotting Layla. Besides, a revolver wouldn't be much against an APC or hovertank...

Dirk Kris
2009-09-08, 05:05 PM
Green District
Layla hangs back, wondering if Jack saw her, what she can do, what...? She gets an idea and looks over at her elemental guardian. "I keep my word." Closing her eyes, brow furrowing into a frown, Layla...disappears. Goes astral.

...and then reappears a few feet away, gasping on the pavement. After her close call the other day with the hitman and the bank heist, she just doesn't have enough strength now to do what she wants.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 05:37 PM
[Streets]

The convoy continues on its way, leaving the Green District. Jack has a lot of time to think, it seems.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 05:46 PM
[Streets]

And so he does think, but he doesn't come up with much useful. Mostly regrets.

Chas the mage
2009-09-08, 05:47 PM
[Imperial BOP]

The soldiers wait.


Still, no response.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 05:54 PM
[Imperial BOP]

The soldiers head back out and call for a helicopter.

Probably to put the demo team on the rooftops and such.

[Streets/ISF Main Base]

The convoy starts to arrive at its destination. Jack may feel the vehicle stop. Luckily for him, though, he's not being unloaded yet.

DC-the-player wonders if he's being too merciful about killing others' PCs.

Chas the mage
2009-09-08, 05:55 PM
[BOP]

Yet absolutely nothing to stop them...

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 05:56 PM
[Streets/ISF Main Base]

He's still handcuffed and has more than several guns pointed at him.

NK thinks he's dragging it out too much. Get on with it.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 05:59 PM
[Imperial BOP]

Right. So the demo team will board the helicopter. The helicopter will bring them to the rooftops to set the charges and such.

[ISF Main Base]

One of the soldiers pretty much tries to drag Jack out of the APC to a gathered firing squad.

Should that go well enough...

"Any last words?" says one of the firing squad goons.

Chas the mage
2009-09-08, 06:01 PM
[BOP]

they may find a sniper rifle on the roof, next to a pool of blood. Theres a door on the roof, which is ajar.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 06:02 PM
[ISF Main Base]

Jack is hauled out.

When asked for last words, he shakes his head. He doesn't have any, not for them.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 06:06 PM
[Imperial BOP]

The demo team sees this and has the helicopter bring the other troops up to head in and scout out the area. Have to check for anything useful the Imperials left behind, you know.

[ISF Main Base]

"Very well, then.

Fire."

Jack may then find himself riddled with pulse rifle fire from the firing squad.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 06:09 PM
And Jack does find himself the recipient of such fire. And suffers the likely consequences of being shot. Namely, death.

[Kalah's Manor]

Quinn gets a response. [I]~Quinn!~

Chas the mage
2009-09-08, 06:09 PM
behind the door is a stairway, which at the bottom is trapped with an AP mine. Other than that, the 3 floors above ground are clear, though trashed and blood stained...

There is one door on the ground floor that is big, metal, and locked.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 06:14 PM
[Imperial BOP]

They do indeed take notice of the mine, luckily, calling one of the demo team down to disarm it.

Chas the mage
2009-09-08, 06:15 PM
It is disarmed. As I said, the buidling is clear except whatevers through the one door.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 06:21 PM
[Imperial BOP]

In which case, after scouting out the other floors, they decide that was trapped for a reason. Especially given the explosion earlier.

They ultimately decide that the demolition is unnecessary, and head back out of the building to call a quarantine force to guard the building in case of another zombie escape.

How lazy of them.

Chas the mage
2009-09-08, 06:23 PM
[bop]

once again, nothing to stop them.

Ther is a bit of sound from the other side of the door, if theres anyone close to it.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 06:32 PM
[Imperial BOP]

They headed back out and then called the quarantine force, so they're not there to hear it.

Though I sense they're going to regret disarming the mine later. They're back outside off the roof by now, though.

[ISF Main Base]

Jack's body is left in a random dumpster. It's not their problem anymore.

Artemis97
2009-09-08, 08:08 PM
[Streets]

A dark cloaked figure stalks through the streets. The citizens of the nexus instinctually avoid it as it passes. Beaneath the cloak was a thing of evil, born from darkness, reborn under the influence of an undead moon, cursed by mortals, forsaken by the gods.

But the cloaked woman paid the people no mind. She had her own troubles. She was in love.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-08, 08:11 PM
[Streets]

The hooded figure will find that not EVERYTHING is shunning her presence. No, there is one thing that is making a path too her, like she was an incandescent light.

A purple butterfly.

Artemis97
2009-09-08, 08:22 PM
[Streets]

The woman stops and watches at the butterfly flutters closer in that erratic, zig-zagging way they had. It was pretty, really.

SeptAngel
2009-09-08, 08:26 PM
[Streets]
There's someone sitting on a rooftop. She used to do that a lot in Town.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-08, 08:28 PM
[Streets]

The single butterfly lands on the hem of woman's hood, and sits there, fluttering it's wings. But, at that point, it's not just one butterfly.

The woman gets swarmed by them, all identical to the first, surrounding her in a cloud. They seem to have come from nowhere.

Artemis97
2009-09-08, 08:36 PM
[Streets]

The woman jerks back suddenly upon finding herself covered in purple butterflies, trying to free herself from the swarm.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-08, 08:47 PM
[Streets]

She manages to back out of the swarm of butterflies, which then moves in closer in on itself. In the end, there appears to be a sphere, of solid butterflies...which then explode outwards.

In their place is a woman. She's short, but not excessively so. Her pointed ears and rather more delicate features than normal indicate that she's of the elvish persuasion. But her eyes mark her as unusual.

They're green. Very green. Most people who have green eyes have flecks in them, a hint of grey, a relatively dark colour. These are not at all like that- instead, these eyes are bright, solid green, with no irregularities, and a relatively piercing look in them, if a friendly one. You'd expect someone with eyes like this to never need a torch, because they seem to shine.

The woman is wearing a double-breasted three piece suit, although the has the outer jacket flung open. She's also wearing a suspender, which has the effect of accentuating certain features. Something else out of the ordinary is the tail poking out of the back of her pants- one you'd normally find on a fiend.

Hullo, Sszy. Long time no see.

Sunn's voice is sparkling, and tinkles. A bell wouldn't be an appropriate simile; think of a bottle on the edge of a glass as it pours a significantly alcoholic drink, and you've got it down.

She extends a hand at Sszy in her typical friendly fashion.

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 09:02 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Quinn gets a response. ~Quinn!~

Quinn, unsure what exactly is going on with the not-cops swarming the area, just stands there and closes her eyes. ~Misaki! Sweetie, where are you?! I've been so worried since I found out what happened - I'm so sorry...~

Artemis97
2009-09-08, 09:05 PM
[Streets]

The Drowess takes a wary step back and doesn not accept the handshake. She had never been fond of that form of greeting.

"Greetings." Behind her mask, Sszinyon narrowed her eyes. "Have we met previously?"

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-08, 09:07 PM
If I remember correctly, the last time we spoke, I was poking you. I was pregnant at the time.

Sunn keeps her hand stretched out, an open smile on her face. She's friendly, and isn't going to let being shunned from a hand-shake stop her.

Artemis97
2009-09-08, 09:10 PM
"Ah, yes. I remember." Sszinyon recalls, distaste tinging her voice. "What is it that you want from me, now?"

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-08, 09:13 PM
I'm bored, you have a problem, and I want to talk. Sunn grins, apparently ignoring the distaste but really finding it somewhat amusing. Who else are you going to be able to talk to about stuff like this, hmm?

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 09:15 PM
Quinn, unsure what exactly is going on with the not-cops swarming the area, just stands there and closes her eyes. ~Misaki! Sweetie, where are you?! I've been so worried since I found out what happened - I'm so sorry...~

~It's okay Quinn, I'm alright. I'm somewhere safe with Kalah's friends.~

Artemis97
2009-09-08, 09:21 PM
[Streets]

"Problem?" Sszinyon asks. "Do you mean this?" She throws back her cloak, revealing that she was, well, a she.

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 09:21 PM
((...OMG. Sunn!))

[Kalah's]

~Kalah? Who's Kalah?~ Quinn sounds relieved. ~That's good, but things aren't good at all - I need to find you and get you out of there, sweetie~

[Erin's Emporium]

Erin comes downstairs, humming to herself.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 09:25 PM
[Kalah's]

~But I can't go, Quinn. Kalah told me to stay here.~

~Kalah is the really nice lady who has been taking care of me. They call her the Emerald Lady.~

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 09:40 PM
[Kalah's]

~...then her secretary is lying to me when she said you weren't here. You were sold to her, Misaki. She considers you her slave. You don't have to do what she tells you, she's not your mom, or me!~

AmberVael
2009-09-08, 09:44 PM
[ISF Main Base]

Hey look, it is a large group of people outside!
May be somewhat alarming, until it becomes apparent that none of them are armed, mundanely, magically, psionically or in another fashion.

Still, it is a large group. Somewhat unnerving to see them all standing around outside... they look... kinda similar, too. They're all wearing the same outfits, with the same styling of their hair (short and neat), and even all have the same hair color. Green, incidentally- it definitely looks dyed though.
Other than that, however, they tend to vary. Some are young, some are old, some male and female. Short, tall, fat, skinny- anything that can't be changed in a simple manner is where they differ.

They form a long, triple line in a short semi-circle near the front of the base, sit down, and hold hands.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 09:46 PM
[Kalah's]

~...what?~ The mental tone is of utter disbelief. Depending upon how much Quinn can sense through the link, she may or may not be to tell that Misaki has been mentally influenced.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 09:50 PM
[ISF Main Base]

The people outside the base are not acted on, for now.

They are most certainly being watched, though.

Note the hovertanks patrolling around the place, too.

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 09:52 PM
[Kalah's]

Quinn might be able to tell if Misaki's thoughts aren't quite what she's used to, yes...

~You're in danger, Misaki. Great danger. Things are not what they seem. Do you trust me, sweetie?~

Of course, Quinn doesn't quite trust herself, at the moment...

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 09:56 PM
[Kalah's]

~I... of course I do, Quinn...~ But she trusts Kalah, too.

AmberVael
2009-09-08, 10:01 PM
[ISF Main Base]

The people don't really do much more than sit outside for a while, but eventually they are joined by more of their kind, who have brought signs.
Protesters, apparently.
The group stands and passes out signs, which are apparently protesting the execution.

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 10:11 PM
[Kalah's]

That might be a problem.

~I need you to tell me exactly where you are, and how you got there. And don't trust anybody there, but don't let them know you don't trust them!~

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 10:14 PM
[Kalah's]

~I... Quinn, I can't do that to Kalah. If you met her, you would understand. She's...~ But Misaki can tell Quinn that she's in a secret room and where the secret room is, right?

AmberVael
2009-09-08, 10:17 PM
But Misaki can tell Quinn that she's in a secret room and where the secret room is, right?

Well, if she's giving directions from Kalah's house, then yes. But that would involve going through a tunnel that is quite sealed off now.
Otherwise, she's probably got no idea where in the city she is.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 10:20 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

So Misaki gives directions from Kalah's manor, unaware that the tunnel is sealed and that this will be of little to no help.

[EE]

May looks to Erin as she comes downstairs. "Oh, hi. Um, mom, can I talk to you about something?"

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 10:26 PM
[Kalah's]

Sealed? Pfft. There's ways through that. :smalltongue:
Quinn listens intently, and nods. ~Thanks, sweetie. That helps a lot!~ She tries to sound as encouraging as she can.


[Erin's Emporium]

You sure can, sweetie. Erin smiles, pulling over a chair and dropping into it. What's on your mind?

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 10:28 PM
[Kalah's]

~Quinn... I miss you...~

[EE]

May shows Erin the computer screen. It's a letter from a college about some test results. "I, um, I've been thinking about maybe trying to get a higher education, and um, I took a test and got accepted here."

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 10:39 PM
[Kalah's]

~I miss you too, sweetie. I love you. Everything will be better soon, I promise.~


[EE]

Erin looks the screen over, then smiles and leans over to give May a hug. That's wonderful, sweetie!

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 10:45 PM
[Kalah's]

~I love you too, Quinn.~

[EE]

May blushes at the praise. "I was wondering, if, um, I could live in the dorms, on my own, for a while."

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 10:54 PM
[Kalah's]

Quinn sends a mental hug to Misaki, then opens her eyes and tries to figure out just what the heck is going on right around her.
Because her player has no clue. :smalltongue:


[EE]

Erin bites her lip, looking worried. Well... She pauses. I...I don't want to say no. Because you're a strong girl and I know you'll do great. But I'd worry about you, she admits.

AmberVael
2009-09-08, 10:56 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Well, she was talking to Isvel, who left- Jack was taken away by the ISF right under the group's nose, who apparently didn't protest at all. He's been shot and killed.

So now Quinn and Towering Bear are just standing in the front gardens.

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 10:57 PM
[EE]

May looks up at Erina bit pleadingly. "I know, but... Erin, most people my age are starting to be independent. I'm... really behind on that. You'd still see me, sometimes; and I'll make sure to stay in touch."

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 11:03 PM
[EE]

Erin nods, and smiles, just a little. Yeah, I know. I guess it's OK. And she goes to hug May again - this time, more so she won't see her trying not to cry...


---


BR will post for Quinn later - his dinner is reacting and he has to run. >.<

Neon Knight
2009-09-08, 11:05 PM
[EE]

May hugs Quinn tight as NK deadtimes.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 12:04 AM
Towering Bear looks at Quinn.

Any luck?

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-09, 04:30 AM
Sunn snorts. Loudly. It's not very ladylike.

Oh, no, you can talk to anyone about that. That's an obvious problem. I'm talking about...hidden ones.

For example. Someo -I mean, something sitting like a bullfrog on the lilypad of your mind? Ring any bells?

Similes are a subtle art. Sunn's are like a sledgehammer to the kneecaps.

((Bushranger! You're no Bushranger at all! You're not even Aussie!

Have at thee! *lunges at with a rapier*))

horngeek
2009-09-09, 06:38 AM
By Dirk Kris' last post at GLoG, Layla and the Air Elemental should be arriving outside the mansion.

And Jack has been shot.

Oh dear. I still feel guilty about that bit.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-09, 06:52 AM
[ISF Main Base]

And Jack does find himself the recipient of such fire. And suffers the likely consequences of being shot. Namely, death.
Layla finally recovers her breath and chases after the convoy...in time to see her husband riddled with gunfire and killed. She freezes a moment, then howls. It's an utterly heart-wrenching sound, one of pure agony and sorrow. She rushes forward to cradle his fallen body, head pulled into her lap.

She knows that her husband cannot be raised, that he is lost to her forever. And so she weeps, holding him close. And silently cursing the people who wouldn't even allow them a final night together.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 06:57 AM
The Air Elemental surrounds them both.

{{Why can't he be raised?

Apart from the fact that very few would do it.}}

Dirk Kris
2009-09-09, 06:58 AM
"There. He's dead. Are you people happy now? Just...just leave me alone." Layla's voice is broken, her chest feeling hollow.

((He's an Outsider - it can't be done. As per NK's wishes.))

horngeek
2009-09-09, 07:04 AM
{{You mean his death was planned?

Okay, feeling less guilty now.}}

The Elemental isn't taking orders from Layla.

Or the soldiers.

It's taking them from Bear.

Who walks up to Layla. Go.

Bury him. Then go wherever you wish.

Addan? Make sure she reaches where she wants to bury him, then you can go back. Alright?

VERY WELL.

He doesn't show emotion. In his opinion, it was no more than Jack deserved.

He walks back to the mansion.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-09, 07:09 AM
((Not planned, really. Just a conversation we had a while back that if Jack was ever killed, it was for good.))
Great. So Layla gets to bury her husband. Awesome.
She heads to their her home, flipping open her cell phone along the way. She calls the club and speaks to Tiny. "Jack's dead. The ISF gunned him down. Make...make them burn, Tiny." She heads for the manor, dragging Jack's body if no one helps her.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 07:11 AM
The Elemental doesn't really have arms to carry him with.

So it just follows her.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 08:05 AM
[Magic Item shop]

You looking to run away from somthing?

My past. Running towards it at the same time.

That... doesn't make sense. This cloak will conceal your identity no matter what you do, as long as you want it to.

I'm looking to atone. Thank you.

The person pays, and puts on the hooded cloak. Thank you, again.

She walks out.

Kris on a Stick
2009-09-09, 08:19 AM
Magic Item Shop

Karuka may feel as if she's being watched. And followed.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 08:23 AM
She walks along the street, her sword buckled at her side.

Noticing the presence, she tilts her head, before making a sudden turn into an abandoned area of Inside.

At the moment, she really isn't identifiable as Karuka, though. The hood completely conceals her face (and yes, this is a magical effect), as well as changing her voice.

Kris on a Stick
2009-09-09, 08:26 AM
[Abandoned Alleyway]

Scuttle scuttle scuttle. She can hear it now. Bare bone on concrete. The area starts to darken. Magical darkness too, so even nightvision would have trouble piercing it.


((Karuka is still a Vizard, right?))

horngeek
2009-09-09, 08:28 AM
{{Not really. Her Zanpaktou has put the Inner Hollow down so hard that it's doubtful it'll ever come back. At least, not without outside help. Heck, even her sword release has changed.}}

She draws her sword. Who's there?

Kris on a Stick
2009-09-09, 08:38 AM
((Vanilla shinigami works fine, though we may have to try and kidnap Daisuke (and Takeshi?) as well. We probably would have tried to get all three of the Bleachites anyway. Three is a nice number.))

A hoarse voice speaks from above her, a grave voice, with the inflection of suppressed insanity.
"Why, I am of course, and my, what a pleasure to say that."
There's a whoosh, a thud, and a skeleton drops to the ground in front of her, still wearing its funeral suit, crouching for a while before returning to a fully erect position. The Bonewraith grins a grin only bare skulls can manage, running a bony hand through his straggly white hair and examining Karuka with flaming eyes.
"Well well, not what I expected, but you'll do. Now, will you come quietly, as all good little girls should, or will we have to engage in a little rough and tumble?"

horngeek
2009-09-09, 08:44 AM
{{... this Orson again?}}

What did you expect?

Kris on a Stick
2009-09-09, 08:52 AM
((Vorius to be exact. A sane Korius who finally seems to have mastered clothing and first person pronouns. No, you still do not get to find out what Yorius' name is.))

"Less Death God, more revolutionary new type of undead. But I suppose you people are all different, aren't you?"
Lorius steps forwards, his hands alighting with Necromantic Fire.
"But you never answered my question little missy. Come quietly?"

((Deadtime. Feel free to godmod barely escaping or something. Despite his newfound 'sanity', Gorius is still the most overconfident and incompetent of the bunch, and I can't be bothered to cut off a fight to resume tomorrow.))

horngeek
2009-09-09, 08:56 AM
I have rejected that part of me.

Ruslte through the treetops, Kaze.

Karuka's sword dissolves into the wind.

This is the point where said wind starts cutting and blowing Lorius away.

He gets blown into through a wall, and Karuka disappears.

{{Hope you don't mind me making him look like a complete idiot}}

McBish
2009-09-09, 09:36 AM
Val calms down as she gets her feet underneath her. Not again. And in my house. My house was empty. She is getting pretty hysterical here, freaking out about all that is going on.

But after a few seconds she wipes her eyes and starts to calm down. And walk away from the empty house without a word.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 09:36 AM
Daisuke follows her.

Where next?

(20 minutes until deadtime)

McBish
2009-09-09, 09:38 AM
I don't know. My family's gone, those people are after me. I don't know what to do. And it's true she is just sort of walking in random directions.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 09:38 AM
GLoG's safe.

McBish
2009-09-09, 09:42 AM
Val stops at a random corner and just sits there for a bit. I still have two days payed for at the Taverna. She says quietly.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 09:43 AM
If you want to stay there, you can. I will not force you to go anywhere.

McBish
2009-09-09, 09:44 AM
I don't know what to do. She says wiping away some tears in her eyes.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 09:46 AM
Daisuke instinctively tries to hug her.

There are people that can help you, Val. You know that.

McBish
2009-09-09, 09:48 AM
She doesn't hug him back, just leans up against him resting her head on his shoulder, a few warm tears fall onto his back as she nods.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 09:50 AM
I'll take you to GLoG, okay?

It's the safest place.

(10 minutes left, then sleep)

McBish
2009-09-09, 09:51 AM
She nods her acceptance of this. It's not like she has anything in her room at the inn anyways.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 09:55 AM
Okay.

He pulls his disappearing act, heading back to GLoG.

A figure looks at the disappearing pair. I could have killed or tortured his child when I recovered you... Kaze.

The fact that you did not is proof that you are changing, Karuka. You were under a large amount of stress.

I'm never letting that thing take control at all again.

It would require somone else to reach in and bring it out.

Good.

She turns into the alley, away from Lorius.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 12:06 PM
[The Emerald Lady's place]

((...is Towering Bear with Quinn, or Layla?
I'm even more confused now.
Because they're in different places.
>.<

As for not protesting, that's because Quinn was mentally talking to Misaki at the time. *nodnod*))

Finally doing something, Quinn decides to take the bull by the horns, and walks up torwards the main building...

She probably figures Jack went off with Bear or something like that.


[Erin's Emporium]

And Erin hugs May back just as tightly.
I'm proud of you.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 12:09 PM
[EE]

May smiles at her mother, holding back her own tears. "Thank you, mom. I um, I'll have to leave pretty soon, because of when classes start... but I'm really thankful that you're giving me this chance."

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 12:14 PM
[EE]

Erin nods, softly ruffling May's hair. You're welcome, sweetie. I love you, and I don't ever want to hold you back, no matter how much I want to protect you. She pauses, then giggles softly. Now, I do insist that I get to put together a protection package for you from the stuff here before you go.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 12:16 PM
[EE]

May nods, rolling her eyes in a good-natured fashion. "Alright."

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 12:18 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Hmm. Front door is shut. Quinn might need to knock or sneak in.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 12:25 PM
[Kalah's Manner]

Sneak sneak sneak...

...Nah.

Quinn knocks on the door. Quite firmly.





[Erin's Emporium]

Erin grins and aims a playful swat at May's shoulder. Sorry, kiddo, but you've got to oblige your worrywart of a mom this time. Chuckling, yet still with her eyes a little sad, she stands. I'll go into the back room and get things set up, OK?

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 12:27 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

A servant opens the door and bows to Quinn.
"Good afternoon. What can I do for you?"

[Green Headquarters]

Kalah's servants who are with Misaki will start escorting her back to the house.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 12:30 PM
[Green Headquarters]

Misaki follows them.

[EE]

May nods. "Alright. I'll watch things here and take care of some things."

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 12:34 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

I have an urgent matter on which I must speak with the Emerald Lady about, Quinn says, her expression neutral, although she does return the bow formally. I believe she has been misled on a very important issue.


---

[EE]

Erin nods, and vanishes into the back room...
...where, after closing the door, she leans against it and buries her face in her hands, taking deep breaths and giving up her battle in trying not to cry.

After a few minutes, she wipes her face and goes to do what she came back there to do.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 12:38 PM
[EE]

Up front, May gives up on not crying to, hoping that a customer doesn't show up as she wipes at her eyes.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 12:42 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"Do you have an appointment?"
Asks the servant.

Misaki and the others will come back up to the basement, and then they'll all move away from there, leaving Misaki to go where she will.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 12:44 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Well...

As much as Misaki likes it here, as much as she's content, she does miss Quinn. ~Quinn? Where are you? I'm back in the house.~

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 12:55 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

I'm afraid not. I just discovered the problem and I came straight here...
Quinn pauses, her eyes defocusing for a moment.
~I'm at the front door, sweetie!~
...then returns her attention to the servant. I understand it's terribly rude of me, but the matter simply can't wait.


[EE]

A little while later, Erin emerges from the back room with a suitcase.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 12:57 PM
"I'm sorry, but unless the lady specifically says otherwise, she doesn't take anyone who doesn't have an appointment..."
The servant says apologetically.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 12:57 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Misaki heads for the front door.

[EE]

May has managed to dry her tears and mostly hide the fact that she's been crying, and she smiles at Erin.

...NK can't wait to see how overboard Erin has gone.

McBish
2009-09-09, 01:01 PM
((I'd hate to be May's RA. "No you can't have a railgun in your dorm."))

Anyways, there was once a warehouse, now there is a club. Almost. People are out and about handing out fliers and putting up posters about a new club, "Cirque" that is opening soon.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 01:11 PM
(("How about the control panel for an orbital lance, then?"))


[EE]

Erin smiles back, and thumps the suitcase down on the counter. She did her best to dry her own tears, but it might be able to be told...
Well, here's what I came up with for you to take, sweetie.
And she opens the suitcase!
Revealing: a suitcase nuke!
- a Glock M-26 in 9mm.
- a PPG (http://www.tk560.com/ppg.html).
- a broken-down Mossberg HS410 shotgun
- four M84 stun grenades
- a Heckler and Koch P2A1 flare gun (with flares)

I would have added more, but that's all I could fit in the suitcase...


[Kalah's Manor]

Well, then, I need to make an appointment. For five minutes from now. Quinn's voice is losing its politeness, and gaining an edge. If not sooner. The matter is urgent.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 01:12 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"...I'll go see what I can do."
The servant turns to leave... and oh hey, there's Misaki.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 01:18 PM
[EE]

NK approves of the set-up.

May hugs Erin and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Well, these'll certainly come in handy. I'll be alright, mom."

[Kalah's Manor]

"Quinn!" Misaki goes to hug her.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 01:22 PM
^_^

[EE]

Erin hugs May back, and returns the cheek-kiss fondly. They should. And I know you will, sweetie. I'll still worry, though. That's what moms do. She chuckles, and ruffles May's hair a bit.


[Kalah's Manor]

Quinn nods gratefully to the servant, and then...
Misaki! Grinning broadly, she drops down to hug Misaki tightly. You're OK. I was so worried about you!

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 01:24 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

The servant hesitates a moment, then heads off.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 01:28 PM
[EE]

May blushes. "Um, my ride will be here tomorrow... is there anything special you want to do?"

___

[Kalah's Manor]

Misaki throws herself into a tight hug, squeezing Quinn with a fierce joy.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 01:32 PM
[EE]

Erin considers that for a moment. How about a trip to the beach?



[Kalah's Manor]

Quinn squeezes Misaki back just as tightly, for a moment letting all her worry and fear vanish...
...but, of course, she can't let that happen for too long.
I missed you so much. Let's go home now, OK?

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 01:35 PM
[EE]

May smiles brightly at her mother. "That sounds wonderful."

[Kalah's Manor]

Misaki bites her lip a tiny bit and glances back at the manor, obviously torn.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 01:40 PM
[EE]

Let me go get my stuff and then we'll go! Er, you should probably get a swimsuit, too. Erin grins and goes to head upstairs to pack a beach bag.


[Kalah's Manor]

I'll explain later, OK sweetie? Just trust me. Please. Let's go. And Quinn will try to stand, with Misaki in her arms, and turn to walk away...

((...and, the library compter has dramatic timing, preparing to kick me off right now. Of course. >_> Back soon as I can.))

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 01:42 PM
[EE]

May nods and moves to pack a few things herself.

[Kalah's Manor]

Should probably wait for Vael input.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 02:32 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

Oh hey, there's Kalah.
She shows up as Quinn picks up Misaki, and smiles a little as she heads to the door.
"Hello there..."
Her presence is profound. Quinn will recognize that it isn't a magical or supernatural effect, but simply her nature. Her personality dominates the room and demands attention and respect.

[Club 30s]

The nameless woman arrives at the club, having donned the identity and trappings of Miya once more.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 02:37 PM
[Club 30's]

Well, things are obviously in a bit of an upset what with Jack's death being out and all.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 02:39 PM
[Club 30s]

Obviously.
Miya looks around.
"What's going on?"

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 02:46 PM
[Club 30's]

A bouncer stops to talk to her. "Things are falling apart." Apparently, there is more than a little disagreement on who succeeds Jack and how the course of the organization and those allied with it will run. Jack had a lot of loyal men, but he also had a lot of ambitious men; and here, ambition is winning out.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 02:58 PM
[Club 30s]

"Is anyone likely to take charge?"
Miya asks.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 03:00 PM
[Club 30's]

"Plenty of people are trying. Most likely, everything will split up and fracture into rival factions."

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 03:01 PM
[Club 30s]

Miya frowns and thinks about that, then orders a drink and starts to watch the club, wondering if she'd see anything of note.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 03:05 PM
[Club 30's]

It doesn't seem likely. The important action isn't likely to go down here. Mostly, it seems like people are grabbing stuff and getting off the sinking ship before either the cops show up or the factions start shooting.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 03:06 PM
[Club 30s]

"I haven't heard of anything about Layla..."
She prompts, looking to the bouncer.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 03:06 PM
Bear had gone to Lyala.

He came back.

There he is now!

Good!

That's the girl we were looking for. We thank you for returning her to us.

We'll be going now.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 03:07 PM
[Club 30's]

The bouncer shrugs. "Most people count her as already out, or not likely to last long."

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 03:19 PM
[Club 30s]

"I see..."
Hmmm.
Miya considers this. It is happening pretty fast... not much time to make a decision.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 03:20 PM
[Club 30's]

The bouncer doesn't seem inclined to hold his post for too long, either.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 03:21 PM
[Club 30s]

Understandable. Miya nods to him, thankful for his help.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 03:23 PM
[Club 30's]

The bouncer bails as soon as some of his friends come along.

Artemis97
2009-09-09, 03:24 PM
Sunn snorts. Loudly. It's not very ladylike.

Oh, no, you can talk to anyone about that. That's an obvious problem. I'm talking about...hidden ones.

For example. Someo -I mean, something sitting like a bullfrog on the lilypad of your mind? Ring any bells?

Similes are a subtle art. Sunn's are like a sledgehammer to the kneecaps.

((Bushranger! You're no Bushranger at all! You're not even Aussie!

Have at thee! *lunges at with a rapier*))

[Streets]

"What are you getting at?" Sszinyon growls, suspicious. She wasn't the sort to admit she had any sort of problem.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-09, 03:28 PM
[Streets]

Denial isn't healthy.

Sunn gives Sszy a sweet smile, and then says, lowering her voice to just above a whisper:

Don't growl, or try to attack me. It wouldn't be advisable.

The low whisper is menacing, but the most important aspect of it is the sense of resonance she manages to put into her words- it feels like the world is shaking with her every utterance.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 03:37 PM
[EE]

Erin comes down a few minutes later with a bag slung over her shoulder. Need to go change, sweetie?


[Kalah's Manor]

Quinn gives Bear a let-me-handle-this look, and then hears Kalah behind her...oh dear. She didn't think it would be this easy.

Hugging Misaki tighter subconsiously, she turns and smiles back, making note of the woman's commanding presence. Which probably causes her to be a little more polite than she otherwise would be...

Hello to you, as well. You would be Miss Kalah? She smiles, slightly. I was just stopping by to pick up my daughter...

horngeek
2009-09-09, 03:40 PM
And to make this more complex, right after Quinn finishes, two figures appear out of thin air.

Daisuke.

And... Misaki's mum.

In short, it turned out that the pair were hiding facts from Quinn.

Namelly, one of them was a leader of organised crime here. He sold Misaki.

Also, Misaki got turned into a catgirl. I'm not sure exactly how.

Artemis97
2009-09-09, 03:41 PM
[Streets]

The Drowess freezes, recognizing she was outmatched. She tries hard to suppress a growl. "What do you want from me?" Sszinyon asks through clenched teeth.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 03:42 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"Your daughter?"
Kalah raises an eyebrow at Quinn, glancing over her... very not cat-like body.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-09, 03:44 PM
A drink, maybe? I have no hard feelings towards you.

Sunn smiles at Sszy in a friendly fashion- her previous 'not-at-all-a-threat' completely removed from the context of the conversation.

Look. You're having a rough time, yeah? You can talk to me about it. You can't talk to hi...anyone else.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 03:53 PM
[EE]

May is actually already changed, so she shakes her head.

Artemis97
2009-09-09, 03:53 PM
[Streets]

Sszinyon blinks, finally catching on. "How do you know this? Why do you care?" She was not used to people offering help, or to simply talk. Problems were weaknesses, to reveal them was to become exposed. Why should she talk to this woman? How could she trust her?

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 03:56 PM
[Kalah's]

BR is presuming the two newcomers are just out of Quinn's earshot...
Presumably outside the fence, too.

This is going to get messy. In a hurry...




Quinn nods. Yes. She's my adopted daughter, and she had a magical accident that turned her into a catgirl.
It's the truth....from a certain point of view.
I've been so worried about her.



[EE]

Erin nods, smiling, and reaches for May's hand. I called Crissy, she'll be over in a few minutes to take over for us. Let's go!

horngeek
2009-09-09, 03:58 PM
She's here... at least, in that building.

A butterfly perches on Quinn's shoulder. Quinn? Misaki's mum's just outside.

Shadow of the Sun
2009-09-09, 04:03 PM
[Streets]

Hurm...how to explain that. We'll start with: "how do I know this".

Sunn smiles at Sszy, but there's a change about her. Nothing you could measure, but it's there. A sense of incredible age and incredible power permeates the woman who looks like she is at most 24.

I am old. Older than you, older than anyone you know. Older than all of them put together. And I am powerful. Very powerful. I don't think I can accurately explain just how powerful I am, but suffice to say: enough to know your current problems.

Sunn does an odd little gesture with her wrist, and the aura of age and power diminishes until she seems to be nothing more than an elf. Alright, an odd elf with weird eyes and a tail, but an elf nonetheless.

As to why I care? Maybe I'm just nice. But I've been in a similar situation to you before. I know how it feels. So I want to help.

AmberVael
2009-09-09, 04:04 PM
[Kalah's Manor]

"I can imagine why..."
Kalah says coolly.
"Did you know she managed to get picked up by slave traders?"

Darkcomet
2009-09-09, 04:06 PM
[ISF Main Base]

The people don't really do much more than sit outside for a while, but eventually they are joined by more of their kind, who have brought signs.
Protesters, apparently.
The group stands and passes out signs, which are apparently protesting the execution.

The ISF troops, seeing what they're protesting, shrug and leave them alone. They expected a bit of flak for that-and they figure the best way to show they're not going to just call everyone a mob boss and shoot them is to let the protesters be.

There will, of course, be a press release regarding the controversy at some point, though.

Neon Knight
2009-09-09, 04:07 PM
[EE]

May nods and follows Erin.

horngeek
2009-09-09, 04:09 PM
{{NK, Misaki's mum was taken here}}

I'm going to have to travel to school soon, so it will be a 40 minute deadtime. Then 40 more minutes of on time.

Standard stuff.

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 04:13 PM
[Kalah's]

Quinn winces slightly at the information the butterfly provides, and nods to Kalah's question. Yeah. There was some trouble around home, so I sent her to somebody I trusted to take care of her. Unfortunatly other people there weren't as trustworthy, and I've been trying so hard to find her ever since...

[EE]

And out they go! To the....

[Beach!]

...which, coincidentally, isn't too far away they wouldn't have to walk. :smalltongue:

Artemis97
2009-09-09, 04:15 PM
[Streets]

Sszinyon takes a small step back from Sunn, a bit overwhelmed by her show of power. "I believe I understand." She admits. "Very well. We shall talk. You mentioned a drink? What did you have in mind?"