PDA

View Full Version : Seireitei VI (Soul Society) [BleachITP]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

KnightDisciple
2009-09-30, 08:49 PM
Tyler gets more nervous.

"Uh. Yeah. See, we'd gone to see some ruins, up north in Japan. Nice place, albeit somewhat..ruin...y. Anyways, this, uh, Hollow...kind of jumped us. And. Um. I...got knocked out. And Ami managed to gain a zanpaktou, release her shikai, and kill the Hollow."

He pauses for a long moment.

"And. Um. We're both okay, though I'm feeling a bit off-kilter, all told. Um. How are you two doing, Mr. and Mrs. Honoka?"

Satoshi gestures for Greta to move on to the office.

"Hello, Nishimura. Is everything alright?"

horngeek
2009-09-30, 08:52 PM
Just remembering the Vice Captain, Satoshi-taichou.

Mohousha and I would love to have a crack at Hans... but that's not likely. Shame.

Some of the stored Shikai might actually be quite effective.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-30, 08:56 PM
Just remembering the Vice Captain, Satoshi-taichou.

Mohousha and I would love to have a crack at Hans... but that's not likely. Shame.

Some of the stored Shikai might actually be quite effective.

Satoshi's face darkens with sadness and anger.

"Hans Rojak will die. This I swear, if it takes the last breath in my body. I realize others in our Division want him, but he not only killed my Vice-Captain and brother in arms, he killed the woman I love. Then brought her back, and essentially tortured her, before intending to dispose of her. Even now, he's likely plotting against us. I've killed him once, I'll kill him again. And again, if necessary."

He shakes his head, and returns his focus to his subordinate, rather than staring into space.

"That said, I appreciate the offer. I'll keep it in mind. But you're definitely not at the top of the list, I'm sorry to say."

horngeek
2009-09-30, 08:59 PM
Yeah... I know. My powers a better used for other things.

Does Seretei know about his incorpreability power?

KnightDisciple
2009-09-30, 09:23 PM
Yeah... I know. My powers a better used for other things.

Does Seretei know about his incorpreability power?

(OOC: Yes. He's demonstrated it to various people, including Satoshi.)

Satoshi nods absently.

"Indeed. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go do some planning. Good day, Nishimura."

Blur, and he's gone.

strawberryman
2009-09-30, 09:24 PM
Katashi smiles at his daughter proudly. Mayu seems a bit concerned, but not too much. "Well, as long as you're both all right."

Katashi starts at something, but Mayu nudges him with her shoulder. "We were just going to make dinner. And are you staying the night? We aren't exactly well-equipped for guests, but we can probably figure something out." She smiles.

"He can sleep in Ami's room!" Katashi was conveniently drinking tea at just that moment to cue up a spit-take.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-30, 09:29 PM
Tyler smiles and nods.

"I think I can stay for dinner. I don't know about-"

Then Ami says he can stay in her room, and he freezes. His brain clamps down on anything remotely resembling an...impure...thought. No nosebleeds. He does blush, though.

"Oh, no. I can sleep just fine on the couch, Ami! I'll be fine. I suppose I don't want to bother Satoshi too much. I'll just call him in the morning or something. Um. Give me a second."

He whips out his phone and walks to the corner. There, he calls his father and quickly explains what's going on, and that it'll be tomorrow before he's back.

After he hangs up, he gets a thoughtful look.

"I don't suppose you know of anyone I can nick some clothes from tomorrow, do you? I'll be fine to sleep in this on the couch and all, but I do like to be, ah, fresh in the morning."

He looks just a tad embarrassed.

OverWilliam
2009-09-30, 09:31 PM
Kuenai listens intently to his description. Occasionally, she'll ask a question or for clarification, but mostly she'll just listen.

"Mmmm...good smells. It looks like there's the dining room, as well as a garden in the back. Any preference?"

Yasu

"None at all, Kuen-chan," He said gratefully, not picky about seating arrangements when he was already getting treated to a free meal. "It is a beautiful day out today..." He commented, glancing at the sky, a wondrous blue laced with puffy white. On the way in, Kuenai might notice that Yasu was currently Noticing the Hostess... And her lacy dress. He got wistful look about him for a second, but then returned his attention to his dinner companion with a smile.

strawberryman
2009-09-30, 09:49 PM
Ami tilts her head in curiosity at her father's and Tyler's reactions. "Oh, okay."

Katashi is now giving Tyler a look that very strongly suggests he made the right decision.

Mayu chuckles a bit. "Katashi still has some normal clothes. They might be a little small on you, but they should be fine." She stands and moves to the kitchen, looking to Tyler for a moment. "So, you're our guest, is there anything in particular you'd like?"

KnightDisciple
2009-09-30, 10:04 PM
Tyler tries his best to smile politely at Katashi.

"I'm fine with pretty much anything. I'm sure it'll be great no matter what. And if nothing else, I can change at my house, and have those clothes sent back."

horngeek
2009-09-30, 10:34 PM
(OOC: Yes. He's demonstrated it to various people, including Satoshi.)

Satoshi nods absently.

"Indeed. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go do some planning. Good day, Nishimura."

Blur, and he's gone.

Good day, Satoshi-taichou.

strawberryman
2009-09-30, 10:43 PM
Mayu smiles, and decides on salmon. Ami is entranced by the smell, going to help her mother in the kitchen, of course, leaving Tyler in the Lion's den.

Katashi simply stares at Tyler. "...So. What kinds of things are you into?" Those judging eyes of his probably aren't helping.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-30, 11:04 PM
Mayu smiles, and decides on salmon. Ami is entranced by the smell, going to help her mother in the kitchen, of course, leaving Tyler in the Lion's den.

Katashi simply stares at Tyler. "...So. What kinds of things are you into?" Those judging eyes of his probably aren't helping.

Tyler carefully sits on a chair/couch opposite Katashi.

"Let's see. We'll put aside training and friendly fights; that's more of a consequence of my abilities. I like classic cars and such. Military technology. History, of most any stripe. Lots of music styles. A good novel, especially fantasy or science fiction. And by novel, I mean either pure written word, or graphic novel. And originating country isn't a big deal. My taste in television and movies runs similar. I like the occasional nature hike. I like the color blue...Anything in particular you were wondering about?"

strawberryman
2009-09-30, 11:23 PM
Ami/Honokas

Katashi looks for just about any opening to be suspicious, but to be honest it's proving to be harder than he imagined. "...Criminal record?"

Lance

Lance wanders around Seireitei, looking lost, and would be thanking the fact that nobody knows him, if he weren't wearing his Las Noches uniform.

"Hmmm. Who would I talk to in this place for help..."

Anyr
2009-09-30, 11:42 PM
Lance

Lance wanders around Seireitei, looking lost, and would be thanking the fact that nobody knows him, if he weren't wearing his Las Noches uniform.

"Hmmm. Who would I talk to in this place for help..."

"Certainly not anyone who you have betrayed in the past, which makes Seireitei a sparse ground for aid indeed."

The disapproving voice came from directly over Lance's shoulder. The visitor had been unfortunate enough to pass too close to a certain training field during his search. Kiljaeran had an expression on his face that was usually reserved for pieces of gunk found on the bottom of his shoes.

"Greetings, renegade. If the help you require is a map to the nearest exit, I will be only too pleased to provide it."

strawberryman
2009-09-30, 11:51 PM
"And here I was thinking the truce was for two opposing sides to fight a common foe. Huh." Lance scratches his chin in result to Kil-J, seemingly not phased. "And helping the one guy that potentially has more dirt on these Olympians than anyone not on their side certainly doesn't seem like something smart to do." He shrugs, turning away and starting to walk off almost looking like he'll give up, but Kil-J probably knows better. "Guess I'll just go back and forget about all that."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-01, 12:03 AM
"I doubt my cleansing is the same as yours. Mine is the build-up of several days worth of sake and yours is for formerly being a blood-thristy soul-eating monster. But who knows? They have rehab groups for all sorts of things in the mortal world now." Tai says dryly, noting how formal the guy was being even as he explained his request. Already she could guess that he wanted something, but the 'what' was a bit of a mystery...

And then there it was.

"Been a shinigami for little over a month and already want to be a captain? At least your ambitious, but then again Toho was too. Tell you what, prove that you won't hesitate in the face of your former comrades and I'll show up. The 5th needs a captain, but not one with a weak heart." She begrudgingly admits before turning back to her sleek rock and climbing back atop it once more.

Anyr
2009-10-01, 12:12 AM
Kiljaeran made no attempt to stop Lance as he walked away. Traitorous scum like him were not to be bartered with, no matter what they were offering.

"That's no reason to miss the chance to find his true purpose here. Gathering information is our business; Keep him talking, whether you're interested in his offer or not."

It was obligations like this that made Kiljaeran seriously consider a change in professions. Unfortunate as it was, for the moment he would have to suffer for Prime's chosen career. With some reluctance Kiljaeran called after the retreating Reaper.

"And you have come here to divulge this information out of the goodness of your heart? From what I have seen, A mercenary like you acts purely in their own self interest; Genuine or not, your information is likely to have a heavy price attached to it."

Innis Cabal
2009-10-01, 12:15 AM
Iwai bows low, leaving the goods on the ground as he shunpo's off

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 12:23 AM
"Oh, I totally would if I could, there's just this minor issue of getting it, that I suspect I'd need to ascertain by beating my Purifier Spirits into a pulp somehow and thereby getting my Second Augment. Or Bankai as you guys like to call it. I mean, if we're both fighting against them it's not like I'd benefit any from keeping it a secret from you guys." Lance stops, and shrugs.

"I mean, the Arrancar over there don't really know much about how to help me." He sighs. "Though I suppose you think I'm full of crap, and I'm just trying to trick you guys into giving me a power boost and I'll just flake on the info. And the only thing I've got to prove it is my word, which I'd guess doesn't go very far around here."

Anyr
2009-10-01, 12:31 AM
Kiljaeran's reaction to the reply would have been exactly as expected if it hadn't been for his lifelong love of semantics and good grammar. His interest was aroused not by any offers of information, but by a plural which should have been singular.

"We do indeed have information concerning the Olympians, but unfortunately for you...Purifier spirits? Please speak with more care and attention, mercenary. Even if a spirit has multiple forms and bodies, it is still the same entity at its base."

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 12:37 AM
Lance turns back, leaning against a wall. "Actually, no. I mean Spirits." Cue curious and/or incredulous look.

"I suppose if it matters to you each one of my Purifier spirits are a previous life of mine in another existence, cursed to fight the Olympians for all eternity until we actually killed them. Granted I only figured this out recently because I had some help, given that my Spirits are secretive bastards for some reason, but the point stands." Lance yawns. "So, like I said, having likely fought this Harubo and his minions many times over, I probably 'know' more about them than anyone else on this cycle." He flips a coin into the air nonchalantly. This is all seeming like an everyday conversation to him, almost.

Anyr
2009-10-01, 12:55 AM
By the time that Lance's explanation had ended, Kiljaeran's attention was fixed wholly upon him. A strange light had appeared in his eyes, accompanied by a change in tone of voice that was very encouraging.

"Fascinating."

"You're telling me. A lone ronin, cursed to walk the worlds in myriad forms until his last great enemy is defeated. I think I've found the inspiration for my next exhibit..."

So your 'Purifier' is a weapon composed from the accumulated essence of your own previous incarnations? This is a discovery without precedent! How do the spirits differ from yourself? How many of them are there? How much knowledge are they willing to divulge to you? How did this cycle begin in the first place?"

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 01:09 AM
Lance's eyebrows raise. "Yes, some of them are straight Reapers from other countries, some are 'Vizards', some are even Arrancar, some male, some female... Technically there are 29, as many as my coins plus one for me, but that just gets me in a talk with my Inner Hollow. Which isn't very constructive at all. From my talks with them they've pretty much told me everything about their lives short of what I need to do to kill the Olympians, and/or gain the second augment of this damn thing so I have a chance, and how this even started in the first place." He takes a breath. "Now, a question for you..."

"How many of you are there? Or is it just the two? Y'know, it's a bit of a talent of mine." Exact same voice. Granted, a complete stranger might not be able to tell the difference. "I mean, I appreciate the interest but you seem to be more intrigued at the academic than trying to work an angle of some sort like the first guy. Granted I don't really care who I'm talking to, as long as one of you in there can help me with this little issue or point me out to someone who can." He yawns again.

Anyr
2009-10-01, 01:34 AM
Kiljaeran raised an eyebrow of his own, which was the only outward sign of a furious mental debate. The way that this man casually revealed incredible secrets with no warning was both fascinating and frightening. This latest revelation, though, had the potential to seriously upset a lot of apple carts.

"A Telepathic universe-crossing cursed ronin? At this rate I'm going to have to acquire a warehouse to do the artwork justice."

"H-h-h-he can hear us?! Nononono-""

"No, I don't think so. If he could hear our inner voices then he would have known that there were at least three of us, not two. My guess is that he can somehow tell the difference between controllers."

"Advice on our response would be welcome. Should we attempt a bluff?"

"Nah, the guy obviously knows too much already. Don't beat around the bush here; Guys like him prefer the direct approach."

Kiljaeran had never thought he'd see the day when he'd be following Pace's directions, but it had come after all. It seemed that simple honesty really was the best strategy in this situation.

"...Six. There are six of us, excluding Inner Hollows from the count. And yes, our opinions regarding you differ quite drastically. Before I send you towards the aid you require, may I ask how you ascertained our presence?"

tgva8889
2009-10-01, 01:35 AM
<Oh, you don't.> Eirine says casually, taking a seat. <My sister and I have just seen you around is all. Calm down.> She says, this shouldn't be too reassuring.

Caroline

Caroline doesn't seem swayed, but her face changes visibly, as if she somehow got a bit more vitality. <Sorry, then. It is nice to meet you, then. Though I am curious, what about me makes me worth watching?>

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 01:52 AM
"When you're around as many different people with as little to do with time between missions as I do, you learn to really listen to people, even if it's to throw your mind off your own meaningless life for a while. Meaning myself, of course. ...Plus I think 'lillo said something about you being Captain Fourface, or something. Which makes sense, now." Lance shrugs. "It's my hope I can just live my damn life after this nonsense is over... Spend what time I can with my amazing girlfriend... That sort of thing. Probably more than I deserve, but I'll cross that road when I come to it."

"So... I'm guessing you know someone who can help, then?" His mood perks up a bit.

Anyr
2009-10-01, 02:25 AM
So, the discovery hadn't come from telepathy after all. That didn't do anything to diminish the impact of the moment, though; Even if Lance's ear for voices was a mundane ability, it was still a very impressive one. Anyway, now that he knew the group's main secret it would be best to get in his good graces. Blackmail seemed unlikely given the situation, but there was nothing to stop the man from casually blurting it out to complete strangers. Kiljaeran took a pad of paper out of his pocket, scribbled a long note onto the top sheet and tore it off.

"Yes, there are two significant lines of enquiry available. One is completely safe but time consuming, while the other is more dangerous but also more likely to yield useful results.

This signed note will give you temporary access to certain specialized sections of the Great Spiritual Library. If information relevant to your problem has been encountered before, one of the forgotten scribes within that place may well have committed it to paper. The time required to make a complete search is prohibitive, though; Even if the information exists, it will not be easy to find.

The second most likely avenue is somewhat more risky. Should the archives fail you, our 12th Division has many ingenious methods at their disposal which could help you immensely. No letter of recommendation is needed; Simply explain your situation at the front door and you will be welcomed inside with great enthusiasm. There is no guarantee that you will leave the Division wholly intact, but their scanning equipment and ability to solve unique problems are among the best in the spiritual world."

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 02:33 AM
Lance grins. "Heh, thanks. You're not bad, the one who was in charge last time I met seemed like a real buzzkill. Or Killjoy... Hey, that kinda works. ...Wait, he can't hear me, can he? Oh, well. Hope we don't need to meet in less friendly circumstances next time." He takes the paper, bows, and walks off.

Don't even need to think about this one... Off to the 12th, I go.

Anyr
2009-10-01, 03:11 AM
Kiljaeran sighed, but not because of Lance's attitude. Inside the labyrinth, most of the others were quietly excusing themselves from the room. Unable to do the same, he braced himself as the red-robed figure in the corner was stirred into speech.

"That arrogant, fickle, self serving-It's the names that really do it. Why does everyone insist on giving me new nicknames? Are they under the delusion that it's funny to do so? That it somehow makes them great wits and satirists? Wow, the first two syllables of my name sound vaguely like an insulting word! Honestly, it's really pathetic. And another thing..."

He gritted his teeth and set off down the road, trying to concentrate on anything but the noise in his head. Judging by the tone of the rant, this was going to be a long one...

H. Zee
2009-10-01, 03:49 AM
"Yeah, I suppose we should." He laughs lightly to himself. "I was half expecting you to tell me I was too young..." Koujin too stands, and the friends head off to a rukon shop.

Shiru claps his friend on the shoulder.

Just don't have too much, eh? he says slyly. A young 'un like you can't handle much drink. Maybe you better stick to warm milk.

Kasanip
2009-10-01, 05:46 AM
Hisanori Hazuki

There was always work to be done in 4th division. Whether it was taking care of the mending patients, or helping maintain Soul Society itself, work always seemed to find Hazuki - or perhaps rather she always found work to do.
Today was no different than any other day of late - what with the recent new influx of patients, even the fourth division was starting to feel the strain. Hazuki had stepped up to assist when none of her superiors were around, and today alone she had been on her feet for five hours without break. that was the fourth after all, reliable to the end and always hardworking.
"Alright, that should do for now then." She said with a soothing voice as she finished re-wrapping one of the bandages one of the freshly injured had - a twelfth divisioner, Hazuki recalled. She nodded with a professional smile.
"Someone will be back around in an hour or so to help if needed. If you feel nauseous or something painful, just give a shout." And with that, she turned to go to her next patient, her two haku chasing her steps lazily.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 07:11 AM
Ami/Honokas

Katashi looks for just about any opening to be suspicious, but to be honest it's proving to be harder than he imagined. "...Criminal record?"

"None. No detentions, either. My father would tan my hide from here to the West Coast and back if I ever did something so stupid as going about breaking the law."

His slight grin reveals he's only mostly joking. Mostly.

Shades of Gray
2009-10-01, 08:20 AM
Caroline

Caroline doesn't seem swayed, but her face changes visibly, as if she somehow got a bit more vitality. <Sorry, then. It is nice to meet you, then. Though I am curious, what about me makes me worth watching?>

<My sister usually watches everyone> Eirine explains. <Plus I'm sort of worried for you...> Eirine says, with a sad look on her face.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-01, 01:50 PM
"None at all, Kuen-chan," He said gratefully, not picky about seating arrangements when he was already getting treated to a free meal. "It is a beautiful day out today..." He commented, glancing at the sky, a wondrous blue laced with puffy white. On the way in, Kuenai might notice that Yasu was currently Noticing the Hostess... And her lacy dress. He got wistful look about him for a second, but then returned his attention to his dinner companion with a smile.

"Eh...Maybe a 6 and a half. Though that skirt is pretty nice." For a split second, Yasu could swear Kuenai was wearing the exact same thing...but wearing it better, of course. Illusion But then the delusion faded, and Kuenai was some distance away, moving toward one of the garden tables.

Shiru claps his friend on the shoulder.

Just don't have too much, eh? he says slyly. A young 'un like you can't handle much drink. Maybe you better stick to warm milk.

"Meh. Never really liked warm milk. Cold chocolate milk though...good stuff." His stomach grumbles. "What do you say to getting some food too?"

Innis Cabal
2009-10-01, 02:21 PM
Iwai finds himself at the 11th Division after a long run and more then a few shunpo's, landing in the training yard. He casts about for anyone to help, getting cold glares and not a few rude gestures. He only smiles, no need to make a fuss just yet.

"Captain of the 11th! I request a word with you!"

H. Zee
2009-10-01, 02:23 PM
Iwai finds himself at the 11th Division after a long run and more then a few shunpo's, landing in the training yard. He casts about for anyone to help, getting cold glares and not a few rude gestures. He only smiles, no need to make a fuss just yet.

"Captain of the 11th! I request a word with you!"

Guy without a title! There's no need to shout! yells an amused voice from behind him, as Cecilia shunpo's into view.

Is there a problem, Iwai? she asks.

Ganurath
2009-10-01, 02:25 PM
Mesuinu is just about done memorizing fake names for different rooms, passwords, et cetera. She'll probably need standing orders if she isn't to be doing busywork.

Taniko is tending to... I've lost track of how many people need medical attention. Given her bankai, though, we'll assume all of them.

Innis Cabal
2009-10-01, 02:31 PM
Iwai turns around, bowing low

"Captain Cecilia. Please forgive me ya? I didn't see you back there. I have come to ask your attendence in little under five days to my Captaincy Training. I know...I have no right to ask you this favor. But I will do what ever you wish...to get your support."

H. Zee
2009-10-01, 02:33 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you're just another Shinigami now, she says to him. You aren't Abishai any more. But... Why did you even come to me? Why not go to one of the more experienced Captains?

Innis Cabal
2009-10-01, 02:37 PM
"Honestly? Because they don't like me. Not that I ultimatly blame them...but thats the short and long of it. No point lying. You...Taniko, Hara Tai. Your the three I've gone to, because your all young enough to look past the hurts of...what I didn't do but did...and to accept me, even if it takes alot of effort on my part. I can't go to Satoshi, he'll laugh in my face. Kiljaern...is straight out. The others...I just don't know enough about or...have any real connection to. I thought perhaps. If you were there...it might make my claim a little more...believable."

Iwai shrugs, smiling slightly though clearly uneasy at the woman's words

The Librarian
2009-10-01, 02:38 PM
A shadow within the areas Isara is allowed to go about ripple and tears open as Isara runs out.
B******! I should of known he'd try to kill me.
She close the garganta looking for someone from 13th to alert.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 03:12 PM
Ami/Honokas

Katashi does a good job of hiding his dissatisfaction. "...That's good. I wouldn't want my daughter dating some punk." His look unmistakeably conveys: I'm watching you, though.

Lance

After a bit of mindless wandering in having utterly no idea where he's going, Lance manages to get to the 12th division headquarters. "...Huh, guess he was right, I'm getting a kind of spooky vibe." He scratches the back of his neck, and looks around for someone to guide him in.

Revlid
2009-10-01, 03:34 PM
Lance

After a bit of mindless wandering in having utterly no idea where he's going, Lance manages to get to the 12th division headquarters. "...Huh, guess he was right, I'm getting a kind of spooky vibe." He scratches the back of his neck, and looks around for someone to guide him in.
Near the entrance, sat on one of the building blocks, is the new 6th Seat of 12th Division, a one Kureji Niji. He greatly appreciates the promotion, seeing as it allows him to stop being a total gopher for the other officers, and catch up on his reading. On the other hand, he's now being forced to put down even more eldritch abominations that ever before. His twitch has increased in prominence and frequency.

He's currently engrossed in a book detailing what little is known of the Fae. A closed one next to him is entitled "Stress in the Workplace, and How To Deal With It".

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 03:40 PM
Lance

Lance walks up to said 6th seat, and just sort of stands there, until he's noticed. If that doesn't do it, he forces a cough. Not very polite to interrupt someone's reading, but he was in a rush.

Whenever he takes notice...
"Hey, buddy? Sorry to interrupt you, there. Looking for some help." It should be noted he's wearing a mostly standard Arrancar uniform, bar his shirt, which has the sleeves folded up, and the torso part seems more like a vest than a shirt. He feels like a Vizard, though.

((I.E. Grimmjow.))

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 04:10 PM
A shadow within the areas Isara is allowed to go about ripple and tears open as Isara runs out.
B******! I should of known he'd try to kill me.
She close the garganta looking for someone from 13th to alert.

Presently, Sato Ryu shows up, apparently off duty. He quirks an eyebrow when he sees her.

"Ohayou, Wessmer-san. Is your new home ready now?"

OverWilliam
2009-10-01, 04:18 PM
"Eh...Maybe a 6 and a half. Though that skirt is pretty nice." For a split second, Yasu could swear Kuenai was wearing the exact same thing...but wearing it better, of course. Illusion But then the delusion faded, and Kuenai was some distance away, moving toward one of the garden tables.

Yasu

Yasu blinked... He hadn't known his Kuen-chan to be so... Forward...? Of course, they hadn't had many non-work related interactions in a while. He shrugged to himself with a smile, and then hurried to catch up.

Yasu will have whatever Kuenai orders.

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 04:30 PM
A Hell Butterfly flits through the Senkaimon, and heads to 13th Division. A moment later, Chie-san forwards the message via Tenteikura to Captains Maeda and Satoshi.

Captain, this is Yori Chie of 13th Division. Siegfried-taichou requests garganta transport for two individuals who wish to speak with the Kido Corps Commander. If you have a moment, please open a portal into an unclassified region of the Seireitei.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-01, 04:33 PM
Kuenai is going for the ala'carte menu. She starts out with a variety of different meats and other 'grillable things'.

"How have you studies been going Yasu-kun?" Kuenai grins while she kneels on her cushion at the low table, the faint sound of birds chirping in the trees overhead.

note: Kuenai, to those who know her past her title, can be a tease. There has never been evidence that anyone has ever been 'with' her; and she's older than most other people in the Seireitei (though that isn't well known either)

Revlid
2009-10-01, 05:00 PM
Lance

Lance walks up to said 6th seat, and just sort of stands there, until he's noticed. If that doesn't do it, he forces a cough. Not very polite to interrupt someone's reading, but he was in a rush.

Whenever he takes notice...
"Hey, buddy? Sorry to interrupt you, there. Looking for some help." It should be noted he's wearing a mostly standard Arrancar uniform, bar his shirt, which has the sleeves folded up, and the torso part seems more like a vest than a shirt. He feels like a Vizard, though.

((I.E. Grimmjow.))

Kureji looks up. He sees the vest. His eye twitches. Panic.

"Ah! Arrancar!"

He pauses. He notes the lack of hollow hole and mask fragment. His eye twitches. Panic.

"Ah! Arrancar cosplayer!"

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 05:06 PM
Lance

Lance sighs. "Woah, woah, buddy. No need to panic. I'm not going to kill you or anything." He keeps a mellow countenance and tries not to make any sudden movements. "I just need to talk to your superiors, or anyone who can help me out for that matter." He holds up the note. "I came across Captain Killjo-- er, Kil-J, and this was one of the places he recommended, so you probably won't get in trouble or anything." He grins, reassuringly, trying his best to seem at least as non-threatening as possible, if not friendly.

The Librarian
2009-10-01, 05:10 PM
Presently, Sato Ryu shows up, apparently off duty. He quirks an eyebrow when he sees her.

"Ohayou, Wessmer-san. Is your new home ready now?"

Isara would appear a bity disturbed by something.
Oh hey Sato-kun, I think my home here is ready by now, but I have a bit of a huge problem.

She fidgets her fingers nervously.
Espada Tercera and Cuarta just arrived in the Mortal World a little while ago to kill me, because I betrayed them and killed the previous Septima Espada, Alejandro.

H. Zee
2009-10-01, 05:26 PM
"Honestly? Because they don't like me. Not that I ultimatly blame them...but thats the short and long of it. No point lying. You...Taniko, Hara Tai. Your the three I've gone to, because your all young enough to look past the hurts of...what I didn't do but did...and to accept me, even if it takes alot of effort on my part. I can't go to Satoshi, he'll laugh in my face. Kiljaern...is straight out. The others...I just don't know enough about or...have any real connection to. I thought perhaps. If you were there...it might make my claim a little more...believable."

Iwai shrugs, smiling slightly though clearly uneasy at the woman's words

You're wearing the face of the Tercera Espada, says Cecilia. You look just like the Espada who almost killed me, the Espada who killed and ate a member of my Squad. It's hard to support you, because every time I look at you, it;s him I see.

But I'm not one of those bastards who judges someone on how they look, I guess, she admits grudgingly. And I can hardly complain about you being inexperienced - I was made a Captain after, what, a few days of coming into Soul Society for the first time? Admittedly 11th is less formal than other Divisions, but still. Compared to you now, I was frankly naive.

She smiles at Iwai. I think what I'm trying to say, is yes, I'll support you.

Innis Cabal
2009-10-01, 05:30 PM
Iwai extends a hand, looking straight at the young Captain.

"I know how you must feel...and for everything that happened to you. I'm sorry. I don't know if that will mean anything now...or if it ever would. But I am truely sorry for the pain you've suffered. Thank you for your support. Let us young'uns maybe push to make this place better then what we were born into?"

Edge
2009-10-01, 05:40 PM
A Garganta opens up just outside of 13th Division, and Adrián walks out. He makes his way inside and goes looking for Chie.

"Heh heh. Hey Chie-chan. Looks like I'm joining 13th after all."

H. Zee
2009-10-01, 05:41 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me, agrees Cecilia. We have to act quick, before we get stuck in our ways like the rest of them!

This last only half-joking.

She shakes his hand.

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 05:46 PM
Isara would appear a bity disturbed by something.
Oh hey Sato-kun, I think my home here is ready by now, but I have a bit of a huge problem.

She fidgets her fingers nervously.
Espada Tercera and Cuarta just arrived in the Mortal World a little while ago to kill me, because I betrayed them and killed the previous Septima Espada, Alejandro.

Ryu blinks, then nods.

"I see. Two of the top four Espada... that's a force that would laugh at anything less than Captain-level force. I think your best bet's obscurity. I can try and requisition a reiatsu-concealing cloak for you... outside of that, you probably ought to speak with Kiljaeran-taichou to get some kinda rotation in safehouses set up. Since he's the head of our internal investigations, he has that sort of stuff set up for witnesses."

As he turns toward the 13th Division HQ, presumably to begin his part, he calls over his shoulder.

"By the way, it's Sato-san-da!"

H. Zee
2009-10-01, 05:48 PM
"Meh. Never really liked warm milk. Cold chocolate milk though...good stuff." His stomach grumbles. "What do you say to getting some food too?"

I swear, sometimes I worry you'll get hungry and eat me without thinking, Shiru jokes. Just chomp, and I'm gone. Let's get something to eat before that happens, eh?

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 05:53 PM
A Garganta opens up just outside of 13th Division, and Adrián walks out. He makes his way inside and goes looking for Chie.

"Heh heh. Hey Chie-chan. Looks like I'm joining 13th after all."

Chie smiles up from her desk.

"Well, that's wonderful news! Do you mind if I place you in a J-City patrol?"

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-01, 05:55 PM
"I dunno...You'd be kinda old and stringy. Maybe like beef jerky." He seems to ponder that thought for a moment with a slightly worrisome smile on his face. "...nah. Those arms would be a pain. So yeah, lets go get food." Koujin smiles as they walk toward rukon (I would assume).

Edge
2009-10-01, 05:58 PM
Adrián avoids spit-taking. Just.

"Ehhh... let's not jump to conclusions now, Chie-chan! Siegfried-taichou said it was fine, but I'm sure there's a lot of paperwork to do first, right?"

Cue nervous scratching of the back of the head.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 06:00 PM
Ami/Honokas

Katashi does a good job of hiding his dissatisfaction. "...That's good. I wouldn't want my daughter dating some punk." His look unmistakeably conveys: I'm watching you, though.

Tyler smirks just a bit.

"I was never a fan of the "punk" subculture. More a fan of the "country and western", if we're going with musical genres."

He gives back a look that says: 'Watch all you want. I won't give you reason to distrust me.'

A Hell Butterfly flits through the Senkaimon, and heads to 13th Division. A moment later, Chie-san forwards the message via Tenteikura to Captains Maeda and Satoshi.

Captain, this is Yori Chie of 13th Division. Siegfried-taichou requests garganta transport for two individuals who wish to speak with the Kido Corps Commander. If you have a moment, please open a portal into an unclassified region of the Seireitei.

Satoshi receives the butterfly, and promptly heads out to a parade ground in the Seireitei.

There, he opens the requested Garganta.

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 06:14 PM
Siegfried steps through the portal, followed shortly by a pair of British Vizards.

"My thanks, Satoshi-taicho."

He then summons a Hell Butterfly, requesting an audience with the Kido Commander.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 06:15 PM
Satoshi nods and raises and eyebrow.

"And who exactly do I have the honor of meeting?"

Edge
2009-10-01, 06:15 PM
Einion and James soon step through, a mild look of wonder on their face.

"So, this is an afterlife, huh?"

"Idiot. You've already seen one afterlife."

"Yeah, but I wasn't dead. And neither of us remember it anyway."

tgva8889
2009-10-01, 06:22 PM
<My sister usually watches everyone> Eirine explains. <Plus I'm sort of worried for you...> Eirine says, with a sad look on her face.

Caroline

The look in Caroline's eyes changes, but her face retains any other structural alterations as if nothing had changed about their conversation. <Why is that?>

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 06:24 PM
Siegfried sighs.

"They are two foreigners who insist that the crown of Owynn ap Morrigana needs to be destroyed. I'm giving them an opportunity to speak with the Kido Commander about it."

He turns to his 'guests.'

"Yes, this is the fortress of the afterlife. Welcome to the Seireitei."

The Librarian
2009-10-01, 06:31 PM
Isara nods...
I guess...but the 8th Captain doesn't like me very much.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 06:34 PM
Siegfried sighs.

"They are two foreigners who insist that the crown of Owynn ap Morrigana needs to be destroyed. I'm giving them an opportunity to speak with the Kido Commander about it."

He turns to his 'guests.'

"Yes, this is the fortress of the afterlife. Welcome to the Seireitei."

"Interesting. Well, good luck with that, gentlemen. Perhaps I'll see you around later."

He heads off.

Of course, 5 minutes later, two NPC 2nd Division members begin trailing the Brits at a discrete distance. As in, nearly invisible type thing. Ninjas and all that. If the Brits split, 1 each will follow them.

Shades of Gray
2009-10-01, 06:35 PM
Caroline

The look in Caroline's eyes changes, but her face retains any other structural alterations as if nothing had changed about their conversation. <Why is that?>

Eirine remains serious. <Well, when I first came to Sereitei I didn't speak any Japanese, just like you. Xavier-San offered to teach me, and I was doing very well. Then, one day, he offered to take me to dinner and bought me a few drinks.> She pauses, and says the next bit more quietly. <Next thing I knew, I was lying in a dark alley.> She says, hoping that Caroline doesn't need her to make the connection. She then reaches into her pocket, and looks inside of it, like she was checking a watch.

<Oh damn, I'm late.> She pats Caroline on the shoulder. <Good luck, Caroline.> She says, nodding in her direction, before running off.

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 06:36 PM
Sato Ryu raises an eyebrow.

"Dislike you or not, I don't think he'd go so far as to fail to give help to a person being pursued by the Espada."

OverWilliam
2009-10-01, 06:36 PM
Kuenai is going for the ala'carte menu. She starts out with a variety of different meats and other 'grillable things'.

"How have you studies been going Yasu-kun?" Kuenai grins while she kneels on her cushion at the low table, the faint sound of birds chirping in the trees overhead.

Yasu

Yasu took a more Relaxed seat at the low table, occasionally reaching over to flip something over the hot coals or take a sip of his Tea. "They're going," He smiled non-descriptively in return. "How has our Illustrious Captain been doing lately? Ara ara, but it has been a while since I spoke to him."

tgva8889
2009-10-01, 06:48 PM
Caroline

Caroline looks oddly at Eirine as she walks off, her mind having figured out almost everything without having even needing the words. Nonetheless, she continues down the hall, hand on her purifier's hilt and drinking from her flask, before she reaches whatever room contains someone suffering from injuries recently acquired.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 06:51 PM
Katashi snorts slightly, and goes back to his laptop. He is otherwise silent, having been pretty much beaten... this time. :smalltongue:

After a few minutes, Mayu and Ami bring out salmon and mixed veggies on the side. Ami, of course, carrying both her own and Tyler's plates, and Mayu carrying hers and her husbands'. "Enjoy."

Ami sits down and starts nomming, as soon as Tyler takes his plate. "So... Is there anything you want to know about us? I assume my husband did some interrogating while the girls were in the kitchen." Mayu eyes her husband, who tries to look as innocent as possible.

Shades of Gray
2009-10-01, 06:56 PM
Eirine will head to somewhere quiet, with a look on her face that says "Beam me up, Scotty"

Xavier is treating a couple of patients at once. He's doing skin grafts, legions of wasps carrying synthetic skin and laying them down. The burning wounds were most likely caused by 12th division's resident pyromaniac.

He waves to Caroline as she enters. Nice to see you again, Caroline-Chan. He gestures towards a board on the wall, with all the medics' (both of 4th division and of the ARC) duties written down.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 06:57 PM
Katashi snorts slightly, and goes back to his laptop. He is otherwise silent, having been pretty much beaten... this time. :smalltongue:

After a few minutes, Mayu and Ami bring out salmon and mixed veggies on the side. Ami, of course, carrying both her own and Tyler's plates, and Mayu carrying hers and her husbands'. "Enjoy."

Ami sits down and starts nomming, as soon as Tyler takes his plate. "So... Is there anything you want to know about us? I assume my husband did some interrogating while the girls were in the kitchen." Mayu eyes her husband, who tries to look as innocent as possible.

Tyler eats at a more sedate pace. As he does, he looks thoughtful.

"This is excellent, by the way. And I wouldn't say interrogated. He was simply a concerned father. I'd have done the same thing in his place, I imagine."

A pause.

"I'm curious what you think of me, frankly. I'd hate to think I'm making a truly bad impression. I'm curious what you think of Soul Society. What do you do here? What's life like?"

Innis Cabal
2009-10-01, 07:34 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me, agrees Cecilia. We have to act quick, before we get stuck in our ways like the rest of them!

This last only half-joking.

She shakes his hand.

Iwai bowed,

"Thank you. I have...alot of work cut out for me."

With that, he shunpo's back to the 5th Division, sneaking into the holding pen for the Hell Butterflies, coaxing a dozen or so down. He whispered to each before the left. Each lands on a pre-assigned area, and waits.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 07:36 PM
Mayu smiles slightly. "My husbands' thoughts aside, I believe you're a good person. In fact I think we both do, even though he won't admit it." She nudges Katashi. "As for Soul Society... It's been tough adjusting, but Satoshi and others have been truly accommodating. Katashi gets commissions for his paintings, and I'm a tutor. There are little... perks of our way of life now, I'll admit."

"...But, just thinking that we use to have a normal life..." She sighs.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 07:48 PM
Mayu smiles slightly. "My husbands' thoughts aside, I believe you're a good person. In fact I think we both do, even though he won't admit it." She nudges Katashi. "As for Soul Society... It's been tough adjusting, but Satoshi and others have been truly accommodating. Katashi gets commissions for his paintings, and I'm a tutor. There are little... perks of our way of life now, I'll admit."

"...But, just thinking that we use to have a normal life..." She sighs.

Tyler smiles slightly.

"I think I know what you mean. Much as I love all the friends I've made because of my powers...I sometimes wonder what it would be like without them."

He gets a bit quieter.

"I still wonder occasionally...would my mom still be around if I didn't have them? I can't say. For all I know, I'd have shared her fate."

He shakes his head, as if clearing it.

"At any rate, it does sound like you have a good setup going here. Certainly you've got a very nice house."

tgva8889
2009-10-01, 07:53 PM
Caroline

Caroline checks the board, picks someone unattended to (maybe someone important, maybe not), and goes to work, using healing spells to mend their wounds while examining their body closely, as if it was more a work of art than an injured shinigami. She is somewhat silent, unless that person has something to say.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 08:14 PM
Ami blinks, stopping her cute omnomnom sounds. "Would you have met Ami?"

Mayu smiles sadly. "It is nice. We've started to cope a bit more thanks to everyone's help. We were... lower-middle class before. So being Nobles in this world is odd, but comfortable."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 08:18 PM
Ami blinks, stopping her cute omnomnom sounds. "Would you have met Ami?"

Mayu smiles sadly. "It is nice. We've started to cope a bit more thanks to everyone's help. We were... lower-middle class before. So being Nobles in this world is odd, but comfortable."

Tyler smiles at Ami.

"Something tells me that, no, I wouldn't have. Two sides to every coin, I suppose."

He looks around a bit.

"I can see how it would, in fact, be comfortable. Sounds like Satoshi's not too hung up on this whole nobility thing, really. I mean, adding you guys to the family and all. Not that I don't think you're not Noble material, mind. Just...um, yeah."

He has an awkward grin on his face now.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 08:30 PM
Ami frowns, but goes back to her double serving of Salmon. "Mmm... I lubb sammon.", she says between bites.

Mayu chuckles a bit at Tyler's verbal stumbling. "Don't worry, we're still adjusting to that, too. You would say some of the other families don't agree with us."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 08:41 PM
Ami frowns, but goes back to her double serving of Salmon. "Mmm... I lubb sammon.", she says between bites.

Mayu chuckles a bit at Tyler's verbal stumbling. "Don't worry, we're still adjusting to that, too. You would say some of the other families don't agree with us."

Tyler frowns a bit at Ami's reaction, then shrugs.

"Eh. Who cares? I mean, Satoshi accepted you into his family. Who cares what other people think, right?"

He eats silently for a bit.

"I mean, I'm probably not the most popular person here in Soul Society, all things considered. Anyways..."

He looks at each of them in turn.

"I'm thankful I've met you all. I'm thankful you've invited me into your home today. Thank you."

He blushes a bit, and sits back, concentrating on his plate.

The Librarian
2009-10-01, 08:43 PM
Isara looks up at Sato with a bit of a odd smile on her face.
Then Sato, could you summon him for me, seeing that I'm not really able to get him myself. I have something to tell him anyway.

Sucrose
2009-10-01, 08:57 PM
Sato raises his other eyebrow.

"Uh, sure. I'll put your request in. Hopefully, the fact that it's coming from you will grab his eye."

With that, he heads off to Eighth Division, where he puts in a request to speak with the Captain, only to be informed that he's put himself off duty for stress relief. He then puts a request in for some way of getting an arrancar protective custody, and access to some safehouses and a reiatsu-concealing cloak.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 09:05 PM
"We're glad, too. It's not every day we get visitors." Mayu smiles genuinely, now.

Ami takes the last bite of her salmon, and looks to Tyler while he finishes his.

"So... You're going to the amusement park tomorrow, right?"

Draken
2009-10-01, 09:09 PM
Red Oni and Blue Oni fall from the skyin front of Siegfried and his comitive.

"ALL YE!"
"WHO WOULD CALL UPON!"
"THE KIDO COMMANDER!"
"THE KIDO COMMANDER!"

The two are then promptly exploded into a wall way past Siegfried's group, a man stepping out of the smoke of the sudden attack. Hideki Kotetsu glaring at the group, purple lightning coursing through Onmyoji's top.

"What is it, Captain Bieber."

Red Oni and Blue Oni currently find themselves with their heads stuck inside a wall.

Anyr
2009-10-01, 09:09 PM
Sato raises his other eyebrow.

"Uh, sure. I'll put your request in. Hopefully, the fact that it's coming from you will grab his eye."

With that, he heads off to Eighth Division, where he puts in a request to speak with the Captain, only to be informed that he's put himself off duty for stress relief. He then puts a request in for some way of getting an arrancar protective custody, and access to some safehouses and a reiatsu-concealing cloak.

Kotetsu Mesuinu, as the Division's newest recruit, is given the task of assessing and implementing the request. 8th Division policy demands that new members are put to work on decent assignments immediately, instead of boring them with unchallenging grunt work at the beginning. Those that rise to the challenge are rewarded, while those who fail are banished to the mountain of paperwork until the next chance to prove themselves comes along.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 09:10 PM
Tyler's eyes stay locked with Ami's as he speaks.

"Yeah. We're going with several school buds of mine. Ami wanted to get to spend time with them, and go to an amusement park. This is kind of a two for one, right? Anyways. Figure we'll pretty much make a day of it."

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 09:25 PM
Ami blushes a bit, looking back at the ground.

"I hope you have fun. What are your friends like?" Mayu seems curious. Katashi looks up from his plate, sensing an opportunity.

The Librarian
2009-10-01, 09:31 PM
Isara waits patiently around the Gardens of 8th division for anyone from 8th division if not Kil-J himself.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 09:42 PM
Tyler leans back in his seat, looking thoughtful.

"Masato is a stand up sort of guy. He's the type who puts others before himself a lot. Always pushes himself to be stronger, so that he can protect his friends. He's loyal. A bit impulsive at times, though."

He thinks silently for a minute.

Metta is...interesting. He's a big fan of manga and such. Probably an outgrowth of how his powers work. He's gotten a whole lot more confident since he gained his powers. He's loyal as well. He's also a bit of a...busybody...at times. I think Natsuko's helping him improve, though."

A small smile came across his face.

Natsuko...heh. In another time, maybe...anyways. She's quieter than the others. That said, she's just as assertive. She's unique for a Quincy, mainly concerning her attitude towards Shinigami. I've taken to understand it causes friction. She does tend to be reckless almost as much as Masato."

His face frowns a bit.

"And then there's Senna. She's...well, her zanpaktou figts. Firebird. Flighty, emotional. But...she's always been there for us. Even when it meant siding against Soul Society. Once she makes a decision, she throws herself wholeheartedly into it."

He smirks a bit.

"I'm still of the opinion there's something between her and Masato. They swear there isn't, and maybe that's true."

He starts a bit.

"I almost forgot Wolfgang! He's...heh. Quieter than the rest of us. But I tend to listen when he talks, presuming he's not teasing me. He's incredibly loyal, though. I think it comes from his...unique...nature. And as much of a warrior as he is, he's ultimately a gentle man. I'm proud to be his friend. He's the kind of guy you can rely on no matter what happens."

He rolls all this around in his head.

"Basically, we're all loyal to each other. I think we're all unique, even quirky. And that we'd all invade Soul Society for one of our own."

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 10:07 PM
"Tyler's friends sound nice." Ami smiles.

"They do. Loyalty like that is a hard thing to come by. " Mayu nods. "I don't doubt you could have had friends of that quality in a normal life, but I can imagine your friendship is all the stronger for the adversities you likely face. Like tonight..."

"I hope you can get some time for normal life, though."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 10:31 PM
"They are nice."

He mulls over Mayu's words for a bit.

"Like tonight, indeed. And...I've decided that "normal" is a relative concept that's overrated anyways."

He winks at Ami.

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 10:51 PM
Ami blushes, and lays her head on Tyler's side/arm. Katashi opens his mouth to say something, but Mayu elbows him with an agitated smile before he can start. "Well, it's good you two are all right. I bet Uncle Tsukami is very proud of you, Ami." Her demeanor shifts again. She seems proud, herself.

Ami nods. "Uncle Tsukami was kind of... um, disappointed because Ami was surprised and forgot her tools... But he was glad I was all right. And he's going to train Tyler, too! That'll be fun." She smiles and nuzzles into Tyler's arm more.

Katashi doesn't even bother, he knows it's a battle he can't win. :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 10:52 PM
Tyler smiles warmly at all of them. Yes, even Katashi.

"Yeah, I bet it will be pretty fun."

Beat.

"...What's his training like?"

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 11:03 PM
Mayu stands up to take plates, and goes to the kitchen to clean them.

"...Ami... um, honestly thinks it's a little easy..." Ami shifts guiltily. "But it helps, and it's kind of fun... Ami thinks Uncle Tsukami doesn't want to see... me, hurt." She sighs. "I pretend not to hear the people on the roofs, but one of them is always saying Ami's 'got it easy'."

"...But I don't want to seem, um, ungrateful..."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 11:04 PM
Tyler's face goes strangely blank.

"What people on the roofs?"

strawberryman
2009-10-01, 11:10 PM
"There's always these three people on the roofs who watch Uncle Tsukami train me." Ami sits back up. "Two of them are kind of quiet, and one's kind of mean and bosses the other two around." She frowns. "He says Ami's got it easy, or that Uncle Tsukami is wasting his time on me..."

"Mommy says Ami should just ignore him..."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-01, 11:13 PM
*Snap*

"Oh, sorry about the fork. Not sure what came over me."

He tosses the metal fork, snapped clean in half, on a nearby table.

"They know less than nothing. If Captain Satoshi isn't going all out, it's only because he cares enough to slowly ramp things up. That way you actually learn what he's teaching you. At least, that's my experience. One way or another, they're just idiots who don't know anything, and should probably be off training themselves, instead of stalking you and Captain Satoshi."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-02, 12:04 AM
The delivery had been made with as little fanfare as could be possible, a soaking wet, but sober, Tai accepting the unmarked crates from Kohaku as well as handing over the requisition forms that would provide the 12th Division with a small but noticeable bump in resources already signed by Tai. After checking inside of the crates to ensure everything she had asked for was there, it was time to deal with her watchers. The pajama men from the 2nd that she had been aware of for the past couple of days and one of the breaking points that had brought the volatile captain of the 7th to this point.

Three of them, spread out a fair distance apart so that they wouldn't give away each others positions by accident. Smart, but not when the 'enemy' had already spotted all of them in the first place. Subtly, one hand points towards the first of the ninja and she looks over her shoulder just long enough to get aim.

"Bakudo No. 30 ****otsu Sansen" Comes the call, a golden triangle forming before her outstretched finger as three glowing fangs lanced out to pin the startled ninja to the tree behind him in a flash. He didn't even have time to call for help before Tai was before him, planting her metal boot into his chest with enough force to crack the tree-trunk and send the 2nd Divisioner through it to bounce of the tree one behind it, a good twenty feet away, before coming to rest on the ground.

The captain moved quickly to subdue the other two, moving to the next without even turning to face him until she bent over clean backwards, one hand grasping his throat and holding him in place as her eye simmered with anger. Despite his flailing attempts to get away, it proved no good and soon he was as limp as a rag doll and carelessly tossed to the ground as well. Tai's third target had the good sense to start running as soon as Tai had attacked, but despite that the last ninja hadn't gotten very far before Tai blurred into view before her.

"Know what I hate? Sneakers." She says simply...then buried one large fist in the ninja's stomach, doubling her over with an explosive gasp of pain before slumping unto the ground. Hands slap together as Tai dusted them off, collecting the three bodies and moving them to the small cave behind the waterfall where they'd be out of the way and dumping them in there. Then she set to work setting up all of the fun little toys that she had acquired...

---

Sometime later, maybe an hour, Tai couldn't help but give a savage grin as she considered the glade...even though it looked almost exactly the same. Which was the point in a sense. With the easy part down, Tai conjured a Hell Butterfly to her and gave it a quick message for a certain captain...

Satoshi Only:
"We need to talk about a threat to the Seireitei. Come alone." It then provided directions on how to find Tai.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 02:31 AM
Katashi makes a mental check. Mayu calls from the kitchen. "Quite all right, Tyler, we still go through a few forks with Ami, it's nothing new."

Ami still frowns, but nods. "I guess so..." She hugs onto Tyler's arm. "But Ami doesn't understand why people would say things like that for no reason... Ami, um... I know people aren't all nice, but Uncle Tsukami and everyone else here are good people, right? So why is the 'stalker man' being mean?"

Katashi sighs, making eye contact with Tyler yet again, as if asking if he'd need to take care of this, or Tyler could.

H. Zee
2009-10-02, 05:21 AM
Fuma Sakon (http://bleachitp.wikidot.com/fuma-sakon), Hattori Naomasa (http://bleachitp.wikidot.com/hattori-naomasa), and Azai Masanori (http://bleachitp.wikidot.com/azai-masanori) all stay in the shadows, being a mobile guard force for one Eirene Klossner.

They do not speak to her (a monumental task for Hattori and Azai), and stay as far out of sight as possible.

Eirine will head to somewhere quiet, with a look on her face that says "Beam me up, Scotty"

The three members of Team 5 follow her stealthily as she heads into a dark and deserted alleyway. Fuma and Azai stick to the roofs on either side of her, silently keeping pace as she walks, while Hattori tails her, his face a pale blob in the dark and the shadow.

A second pale face, stark and white, looms into view above Hattori. A skinny arm wraps around his face and mouth, keeping him from crying out, and a second arm tangles round his waist. Without a sound, Hattori is yanked back into darkness.

There's a short pause. A bird flies overhead, singing merrily.

A Voidportal opens and Hattori stumbles out, his face drawn, his eyes wild. He has Hans' mind-control scar embedded between his eyes.

He turns his head and dully surveys the two ninjas on the roofs. He leaps up to them in a single bound, his feet clattering against the tiles loudly, loud enough for Eirine to hear.

"Hattori?" says Fuma, frowning. "What's wrong?"

Hattori walks slowly towards Fuma, looking down at his feet as if ashamed. "I'm sorry," he mutters, unsheathing his sword.

Fuma's eyes widen for an instant as he suddenly notices the scar. He draws his own Zanpakutou, shouting the release command. "Shatter their -"

Hattori's lightning-fast blade leaves a dark red gash in his throat, like a second mouth, gulping and gasping for air, spewing blood. Fuma collapses sideways and slides down off the roof to fall with a wet thump at Eirine's feet. He leaves a long streak of red down the side of the roof.

Meanwhile, Azai leaps across from the roof opposite, shouting Fuma's name. The sound of panpipes fills the air, and in mid-jump, Azai is sliced neatly in two by an invisible blade. The two halves of Azai land on either side of Fuma's corpse.

Hans unveils himself, the music stopping, standing before Hattori.

Kch. Do not ask sheep to guard other sheep from the wolf. Kneel.

Hattori is forced to his knees, trembling.

Offer up your arms, as if in worship.

Hattori raises his arms in the air. Hans' dark sword slices both his hands off neatly. Hattori lets his gushing stumps fall to his side, numb to the pain.

Tell Satoshi I'm not joking any more.

Then Hans is gone, back to Eirine's side. He opens a Voidportal and bundles her through, it closing instantly behind them.

And Hattori is left alone, scarred, and handless on the rooftop, his eyes dull and his body shaking.

Sucrose
2009-10-02, 06:26 AM
Red Oni and Blue Oni fall from the skyin front of Siegfried and his comitive.

"ALL YE!"
"WHO WOULD CALL UPON!"
"THE KIDO COMMANDER!"
"THE KIDO COMMANDER!"

The two are then promptly exploded into a wall way past Siegfried's group, a man stepping out of the smoke of the sudden attack. Hideki Kotetsu glaring at the group, purple lightning coursing through Onmyoji's top.

"What is it, Captain Bieber."

Red Oni and Blue Oni currently find themselves with their heads stuck inside a wall.
Siegfried nods.

"They've been getting on your nerves, I take it? In any case, these two wish to argue that they be given a chance to destroy the crown, despite your Corps having sealed it."

He takes a step out of the way, and gestures dramatically at the two Faescarred.

"So, make your case."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 06:58 AM
Katashi makes a mental check. Mayu calls from the kitchen. "Quite all right, Tyler, we still go through a few forks with Ami, it's nothing new."

Ami still frowns, but nods. "I guess so..." She hugs onto Tyler's arm. "But Ami doesn't understand why people would say things like that for no reason... Ami, um... I know people aren't all nice, but Uncle Tsukami and everyone else here are good people, right? So why is the 'stalker man' being mean?"

Katashi sighs, making eye contact with Tyler yet again, as if asking if he'd need to take care of this, or Tyler could.

Tyler's expression seemed to say "let me try at least".

"Probably jealousy, offhand. Jealousy of the likely fair amount of inborn talent that you've got. Likely jealousy of the special attention Satoshi is giving you; they probably think they're better targets for such training, or someone else. Jealousy of your recent noble status, perhaps. Jealousy makes people say and do very ugly things. Perhaps, just perhaps, there's some prejudice sneaking through because of your...unique nature."

There's a pause as he gently hugs her back.

"None of which excuses them. It might explain things somewhat. But never excuse it. Satoshi will spend his time as he pleases, and train whom he pleases. And your abilities and nature part of you. They define you. No one should contest that with you. Your parents, your Uncle, myself...we all accept and care for you just as you are, Ami. So don't let ignorant, backwards "roof stalkers" change that. If they keep bothering you, point them out to me, and they'll stop."

The three members of Team 5 follow her stealthily as she heads into a dark and deserted alleyway. Fuma and Azai stick to the roofs on either side of her, silently keeping pace as she walks, while Hattori tails her, his face a pale blob in the dark and the shadow.

A second pale face, stark and white, looms into view above Hattori. A skinny arm wraps around his face and mouth, keeping him from crying out, and a second arm tangles round his waist. Without a sound, Hattori is yanked back into darkness.

There's a short pause. A bird flies overhead, singing merrily.

A Voidportal opens and Hattori stumbles out, his face drawn, his eyes wild. He has Hans' mind-control scar embedded between his eyes.

He turns his head and dully surveys the two ninjas on the roofs. He leaps up to them in a single bound, his feet clattering against the tiles loudly, loud enough for Eirine to hear.

"Hattori?" says Fuma, frowning. "What's wrong?"

Hattori walks slowly towards Fuma, looking down at his feet as if ashamed. "I'm sorry," he mutters, unsheathing his sword.

Fuma's eyes widen for an instant as he suddenly notices the scar. He draws his own Zanpakutou, shouting the release command. "Shatter their -"

Hattori's lightning-fast blade leaves a dark red gash in his throat, like a second mouth, gulping and gasping for air, spewing blood. Fuma collapses sideways and slides down off the roof to fall with a wet thump at Eirine's feet. He leaves a long streak of red down the side of the roof.

Meanwhile, Azai leaps across from the roof opposite, shouting Fuma's name. The sound of panpipes fills the air, and in mid-jump, Azai is sliced neatly in two by an invisible blade. The two halves of Azai land on either side of Fuma's corpse.

Hans unveils himself, the music stopping, standing before Hattori.

Kch. Do not ask sheep to guard other sheep from the wolf. Kneel.

Hattori is forced to his knees, trembling.

Offer up your arms, as if in worship.

Hattori raises his arms in the air. Hans' dark sword slices both his hands off neatly. Hattori lets his gushing stumps fall to his side, numb to the pain.

Tell Satoshi I'm not joking any more.

Then Hans is gone, back to Eirine's side. He opens a Voidportal and bundles her through, it closing instantly behind them.

And Hattori is left alone, scarred, and handless on the rooftop, his eyes dull and his body shaking.

(OOC: Though Callos posted first, I'm going to have Satoshi respond to this one first. Also, this will assume he is soon picked up and taken to 4th.)

Satoshi had been up late, working in his office. That's when the Butterfly came; all it said was that he was needed in 4th Division.

One of his own had been hurt.

He's gone in a blink, with orders to the whole Division to ramp up their alert status.

Upon arriving at 4th Division, he's directed to a room. Where Hattori is strapped down to the bed. The scar on his head clearly visible, and the stumps of his hands blindingly obvious.

"I'm...I'm sorry, sir. I...I couldn't fight him. He...he...he made me kill Fuma. He killed Azai. He cut off my hands. He took Eirine. And...He told me to tell you: He's not joking anymore."

Satoshi stood there stiffly. When Hattori lapsed into silence, he nodded gently.

"I don't blame you, Hattori. I know just what that bastard can make people do. Rest. We'll get you fixed up, out of his control, and...we'll get you fixed up soon as we can. I order you to rest and cooperate until further notice. Understood?"

Hattori lifted one arm slightly, before it was stopped by the strap. He looked down, as if just remembering both the strap, and the missing hand. He almost grinned.

"Yes sir. And sir? Please kill Hans Rojak."

"I will, Hattori. Slowly."

And Satoshi stepped out to let the healers continue their work.

The delivery had been made with as little fanfare as could be possible, a soaking wet, but sober, Tai accepting the unmarked crates from Kohaku as well as handing over the requisition forms that would provide the 12th Division with a small but noticeable bump in resources already signed by Tai. After checking inside of the crates to ensure everything she had asked for was there, it was time to deal with her watchers. The pajama men from the 2nd that she had been aware of for the past couple of days and one of the breaking points that had brought the volatile captain of the 7th to this point.

Three of them, spread out a fair distance apart so that they wouldn't give away each others positions by accident. Smart, but not when the 'enemy' had already spotted all of them in the first place. Subtly, one hand points towards the first of the ninja and she looks over her shoulder just long enough to get aim.

"Bakudo No. 30 ****otsu Sansen" Comes the call, a golden triangle forming before her outstretched finger as three glowing fangs lanced out to pin the startled ninja to the tree behind him in a flash. He didn't even have time to call for help before Tai was before him, planting her metal boot into his chest with enough force to crack the tree-trunk and send the 2nd Divisioner through it to bounce of the tree one behind it, a good twenty feet away, before coming to rest on the ground.

The captain moved quickly to subdue the other two, moving to the next without even turning to face him until she bent over clean backwards, one hand grasping his throat and holding him in place as her eye simmered with anger. Despite his flailing attempts to get away, it proved no good and soon he was as limp as a rag doll and carelessly tossed to the ground as well. Tai's third target had the good sense to start running as soon as Tai had attacked, but despite that the last ninja hadn't gotten very far before Tai blurred into view before her.

"Know what I hate? Sneakers." She says simply...then buried one large fist in the ninja's stomach, doubling her over with an explosive gasp of pain before slumping unto the ground. Hands slap together as Tai dusted them off, collecting the three bodies and moving them to the small cave behind the waterfall where they'd be out of the way and dumping them in there. Then she set to work setting up all of the fun little toys that she had acquired...

---

Sometime later, maybe an hour, Tai couldn't help but give a savage grin as she considered the glade...even though it looked almost exactly the same. Which was the point in a sense. With the easy part down, Tai conjured a Hell Butterfly to her and gave it a quick message for a certain captain...

Satoshi Only:
"We need to talk about a threat to the Seireitei. Come alone." It then provided directions on how to find Tai.

Satoshi had been about to summon a butterfly when he received Tai's message. His frown, if anything, intensified.

"Kanaku wo odojitsukero, Kurai Kishi."

And with an even quicker blur, he was gone.

He reappeared at the glade.

"What is it, Tai. This had better be quick; Rojak struck again. I've got two dead men, and one missing his hands. So let's hear about this threat."

He's standing there at the edge of the glade, arms crossed, armored scarf around his neck flapping in the breeze.

He'd not thought to remove his shikai yet, but he doesn't seem spoiling for a fight. At least, not with Tai. His focus seems somewhat elsewhere for the moment.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-02, 09:42 AM
Yasu took a more Relaxed seat at the low table, occasionally reaching over to flip something over the hot coals or take a sip of his Tea. "They're going," He smiled non-descriptively in return. "How has our Illustrious Captain been doing lately? Ara ara, but it has been a while since I spoke to him."

"Just going? Are you thinking that I would do something as terrible as steal your work?" Kuenai waits a few moments, then breaks down into polite giggles. "But really. The commander..." She ponders for a moment, slowly taking a bite. "He's been fairly busy, returning to decent condition after being beaten by that substitute shinigami...though you may already know that."

Draken
2009-10-02, 10:17 AM
Siegfried nods.

"They've been getting on your nerves, I take it? In any case, these two wish to argue that they be given a chance to destroy the crown, despite your Corps having sealed it."

He takes a step out of the way, and gestures dramatically at the two Faescarred.

"So, make your case."

Hideki does not answer, he just turns a gaze at the two britons.

It quickly turns into a somewhat cold gaze.

Vizards. Always the vizards. God blast the vizards. It will be noticeable now that Hideki's opinion of the two has just gone a few notches down.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-02, 10:52 AM
I swear, sometimes I worry you'll get hungry and eat me without thinking, Shiru jokes. Just chomp, and I'm gone. Let's get something to eat before that happens, eh?

"I dunno...You'd be kinda old and stringy. Maybe like beef jerky." He seems to ponder that thought for a moment with a slightly worrisome smile on his face. "...nah. Those arms would be a pain. So yeah, lets go get food." Koujin smiles as they walk toward rukon (I would assume).

H. Zee
2009-10-02, 11:11 AM

Let's go! agrees Shirubaru, draping one huge Hollow-y arm over Koujin's shoulders. They head towards a restaurant/bar that Shiru knows of in the RUkongai district.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-02, 11:26 AM
"Hey, I just remembered. Have you figured out anything with your new arms and mask? I read a little about the events in reports, but they were...vague."

Kasanip
2009-10-02, 12:57 PM
Hisanori Hazuki

It was especially busy lately, Hazuki thought with a frown as she focused on healing the latest patient before her. So far the fourth squad of the fourth division hadn't been called up to do evacuations in whatever the recent combat was, but even that was only a matter of time, she thought with a frown. All the same, they had all their work laid out before them here.
The groans and moans of patients needing care caused Hazuki's two haku to flit about around her, and they circled about her waist, until she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She caught the eye of a squad member under her command and angled her head towards the patient.
"Finish up here, There's more of squad twelve on their way." She ordered. Hazuki threw an analytical glance around the room, and then hurried over towards the new arrivees.

Revlid
2009-10-02, 02:07 PM
Lance

Lance sighs. "Woah, woah, buddy. No need to panic. I'm not going to kill you or anything." He keeps a mellow countenance and tries not to make any sudden movements. "I just need to talk to your superiors, or anyone who can help me out for that matter." He holds up the note. "I came across Captain Killjo-- er, Kil-J, and this was one of the places he recommended, so you probably won't get in trouble or anything." He grins, reassuringly, trying his best to seem at least as non-threatening as possible, if not friendly.

"Eh, eh, eh, eh..."

Kureji does the sort of dance one might expect from someone who really needs to go to the toilet. No-one asked him to make value judgements as a 20th Seat! He settles on a solution, reaching behind him to pick up a radio that looks to be about WWII era with Flash-Gordon-Tech stapled on.

"Sir? Th-there's an Arrancar C-cosplayer here. He w-wants t-to see someone to help hi-him with... Er..."

He turns back to Lance.

"W-what was it?"

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 02:16 PM
Ami/Honokas

Ami nuzzles a bit more, smiling again. "...Thanks, Tyler."

Lance

"Well, I'm looking for some way to force Second Aug-- er, Bankai training. Or something like that." Lance puts his hands behind his head.

Revlid
2009-10-02, 03:11 PM
Ami/Honokas

Lance

"Well, I'm looking for some way to force Second Aug-- er, Bankai training. Or something like that." Lance puts his hands behind his head.

"Ah, r-right."

The radio is raised again.

"Sir? Yes, sir. The Arrancar cosplayer w-wants to learn h-how to use B-bankai."

There is a burst of static.

"..."

"He's either too stupid to be missed by his side, or confident enough to have something worth bartering. Either way, send him up, send him up! I'm getting bored directing these nincompoops."

------------

Back at 4th Division, Kokokon hands a report in to Xavier, accompanied by Kusuriya and a young girl with dead eyes and a mismatched body covered in stitches. "With compliment of Twelve Division, sir. We determine that bones and tongue, etcetera, etcetera, removed pure surgically. With proper therapy and transplants, soft tissue can replace. Bones - harder. Captain will recommend metal, but we-"

Next to him, Kusuriya interrupts through a curtain of black hair. "That is to say, I, believe that I can regrow their bones. There is a certain formula I've been developing - in its former stage, it could only accelerate the healing of existing bones, but given a proper matrix and the right changes... I'm certain I can regrow their bones entirely." He pauses to take a sip from the straws hanging around his neck, leading back to a large barrel of... whatever it is, on his back.

OverWilliam
2009-10-02, 03:19 PM
"Just going? Are you thinking that I would do something as terrible as steal your work?" Kuenai waits a few moments, then breaks down into polite giggles. "But really. The commander..." She ponders for a moment, slowly taking a bite. "He's been fairly busy, returning to decent condition after being beaten by that substitute shinigami...though you may already know that."

Yasu

Yasu laughed good-naturedly at Kuenai's teasing. "Of course not, Kuen-chan, you know I trust you better than that," He chuckled, skewering three of the smallish pieces of barbequed meat and moving them to his bowl. "Yes, I had heard a thing or two about that. Who in the Division hasn't!" He laughed again. "Ara ara, but it is a sign of the times when some Substitute that no one knows about bests a Captain... and Our captain nonetheless. I'm sure there's more to that story that I havn't heard, to be sure of that..." He smiled distantly, and then enjoyed some of the sticky rice and some grilled cauliflower.

Ganurath
2009-10-02, 03:22 PM
An NPC taps Kusuriya on the shoulder with one hand, holding up a full cathater with the other. "Need to use the waste chute."

Taniko is now likely attending to someone who got their hands chopped off. Bankai still flying about, of course.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 03:23 PM
Lance then enters the 12th HQ, and with either guidance or meandering makes his way to Kinkuzo. "Captain now, huh? ...You were at the execution, right? I think that's where I remember you from."

Innis Cabal
2009-10-02, 03:25 PM
Iwai padded his way silently and as nimbly as he could without using Shunpo through out Soul Society, the hell butterflies were in place. Three Captain's were secured...at least partially. If his current and near final step was complete...he was more then certain Hara could be won over. He finally found himself at the outskirts of the Kido Corp. He waited patiantly, hurrying would only complicate the delicate matter. He bowed to one of the few members that would stop to speak with him.

"Hello...I am deeply sorry to trouble you...but if you could perhaps let one of your supervisors know I wish to speak with them...this is a matter of the most importance. Thank you."

The random Kido Corp NPC nods, and will relay the message when its most practical for one of the PC players to recive it.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-02, 04:49 PM
She was the Bait. Because Kiljaeran could be predicted to come for her. For the Trap. That She sprung. ...Then he brought her back. 'The only one that could do that.'

Kenji nodded, gleaning the truth more completely from Naruhi's cryptic, guilt-ridden words than she knew. But not more than she suspected, of course. "...So then I can assume that Kiljaeran-taichou has taken Personal responsibility for you? ...Even if he can't quite say so Publicly?" Kenji's tone was soft, and his guess Accurate unto bordering on Empathic.

Naruhi sighed. "Yes," she murmured. "It was meant to be our secret."

She drummed her fingers absently against her leg, an air of impatience about her. "Look, is there anything else you need to ask me, or are you leaving?" It was clear that there was something that she was impatient to do, and she was eager to get Kenji out of her quarters.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 06:15 PM
Ami/Honokas

Tyler

Tyler blushes a bit more.

"You're welcome, Ami. But...I'd like to think I merely spoke the truth."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-02, 06:17 PM
In the future, Satoshi might just look back upon his lack of focus with regret considering how willingly Tai took advantage of his distraction. It helped he wasn't expecting a fight too. From her hiding place, one gray eye cracked open to observe Satoshi's position and briefly considered the best course of action considering what she had already seen.

And then, utterly without warning, one muscled arm seemed to burst out of the tree closest to Satoshi, Tai's hand curled into a peculiar looking fist as it struck at joint connecting Satoshi's right arm and shoulder as the other follows but a moment after to lay a flat palm against his side as if to take aim before the heel of her wrapped hand lifted then slammed forward with surprising strength. A one-two combo as Tai exploded out of the camouflage covering that had hidden her from sight to roll past the 2nd Division captain and spring up to her feet with surprising nimbleness, swaying back and forward as if utterly wasted and Tai truly smelt like it.

But there was something about her eye...it wasn't watery and didn't have that haze of alcohol behind it that it usually did.

"I'mma jus in tim' then. Cannut haf you doing something Shtupid!" Tai slurs out as she shakily replants her footing again and again. "Can't figure it out, oldie? Great Captain Satoshi! Magnifshenct Satoshi! Can tell he's the threat?"

A goofy smile comes to her scarred face, mocking the other Captain even as Tai stumbles about him in a wide semi-circle. Her steel boots leave shallow furrows in the semi-soft ground, as if marking that very same circle as one hand rose in a 'come on' gesture while the other hung by her side.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 06:23 PM
In the future, Satoshi might just look back upon his lack of focus with regret considering how willingly Tai took advantage of his distraction. It helped he wasn't expecting a fight too. From her hiding place, one gray eye cracked open to observe Satoshi's position and briefly considered the best course of action considering what she had already seen.

And then, utterly without warning, one muscled arm seemed to burst out of the tree closest to Satoshi, Tai's hand curled into a peculiar looking fist as it struck at joint connecting Satoshi's right arm and shoulder as the other follows but a moment after to lay a flat palm against his side as if to take aim before the heel of her wrapped hand lifted then slammed forward with surprising strength. A one-two combo as Tai exploded out of the camouflage covering that had hidden her from sight to roll past the 2nd Division captain and spring up to her feet with surprising nimbleness, swaying back and forward as if utterly wasted and Tai truly smelt like it.

But there was something about her eye...it wasn't watery and didn't have that haze of alcohol behind it that it usually did.

"I'mma jus in tim' then. Cannut haf you doing something Shtupid!" Tai slurs out as she shakily replants her footing again and again. "Can't figure it out, oldie? Great Captain Satoshi! Magnifshenct Satoshi! Can tell he's the threat?"

A goofy smile comes to her scarred face, mocking the other Captain even as Tai stumbles about him in a wide semi-circle. Her steel boots leave shallow furrows in the semi-soft ground, as if marking that very same circle as one hand rose in a 'come on' gesture while the other hung by her side.

Satoshi's ears heard her coming. Nonetheless, the sheer gall of such a thing meant her first two hits at least partly struck.

His armor blunted the joint blow, giving him a bit of a tingle, but leaving the arm usable. The palm strike struck his breath from his body, bruised him, but didn't crack ribs.

He lifted slightly into the air, tucked, rolled, and landed on his feet 4 feet to the right.

His stance switches to an odd defensive posture.

"Druken boxing, Tai? Not bad. Never mastered using it, but it's not unfamiliar to me. And I'm curious how I'm some sort of threat, in comparison to a murdering madman who kills my men and kidnaps those under my protection. A protection I promised them and failed. I suggest we stop now, and you let me go on my way planning how I'm going to butcher Hans like a pig."

He waits for Tai to make a move, his body loose enough to easily maneuver.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 06:36 PM
Mayu has a seat after finishing with the dishes. She observes Ami snuggling with Tyler with a warm smile. "So, are you going to be accompanying Ami for her usual evening run?"

Ami sits up. "Oh, yeah!" Then turns to Tyler again. "Does Tyler want to?"

OverWilliam
2009-10-02, 06:39 PM
Naruhi sighed. "Yes," she murmured. "It was meant to be our secret."

She drummed her fingers absently against her leg, an air of impatience about her. "Look, is there anything else you need to ask me, or are you leaving?" It was clear that there was something that she was impatient to do, and she was eager to get Kenji out of her quarters.

Kenji nodded slowly. "...Is there somewhere you need to be?" Immediately after she had confessed that it was meant to be a secret, Kenji looked as though he was about to say something... Comforting. Once she continued, however, he withdrew once again into careful observation. ...Perhaps even suspicion.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 06:41 PM
Mayu has a seat after finishing with the dishes. She observes Ami snuggling with Tyler with a warm smile. "So, are you going to be accompanying Ami for her usual evening run?"

Ami sits up. "Oh, yeah!" Then turns to Tyler again. "Does Tyler want to?"

Tyler looks thoughtful, then moves about a bit.

"I think I'm good for that; I feel like I've recovered a fair amount."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-02, 06:45 PM
Tai's goofy smile never left, not once as she stumbled back and forth in front of Satoshi, but other then that...there was nothing there. No anger, no emotion, just a goofy smile as Tai swayed forward abruptly, leaping at the last second to try and plant a metal boot in Satoshi's armored chest before collapsing on the ground in front of him on the ground until the proper moment.

It came a second or two later, enough for many people to drop their guards, as her left arm swung out in a wide arc to sweep his ankles out from underneath of him. Tai's right planted in the ground, lifting her up off the ground in a swift back flip that leaves her bouncing from foot to foot in front of Satoshi if he didn't get clipped by her boots. All pretense of being drunk was gone now, now sway, no unsteadiness...and the stains along the bottom edge of her haori were fresh. Also the source of the smell. She wasn't drunk at all.

"'cause your playing into his hands. Your all hot and bothered underneath the collar, ready to start planning and set off in a rescue and revenge mission. And others, as they are prone to do, are going to fall into line behind your example and get themselves killed. You lead people Satoshi, can't argue with that, but this time you'll lead them into the clutches of the same madman if you don't stop dancing to his tune." Tai says smoothly, cracking her head to the side briefly before falling out of the loose stance and shaking her hands free. Only to grab the zanpakuto on her belt. "Swallow the world in frothy waves, Todorokasu Arashi!"

The zanpakuto disappears from her belt, replaced by the sharktooth gauntlets that she favored so much. This time as her hands curled into fists, the razor-sharp sharkteeth protruded out from the top of her knuckles to give her punches a deadlier punch.

"I hadn't exactly planned for this, but I sure as hell ain't letting you lead your own men and the men of other captains off to die." Tai says grimly, taking back up her muay thai stance.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 06:58 PM
Ami cheers, and she's at the door in a flash, tail wagging ecstatically. Mayu chuckles a bit. "Hope you can keep up..."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 07:00 PM
Tai's goofy smile never left, not once as she stumbled back and forth in front of Satoshi, but other then that...there was nothing there. No anger, no emotion, just a goofy smile as Tai swayed forward abruptly, leaping at the last second to try and plant a metal boot in Satoshi's armored chest before collapsing on the ground in front of him on the ground until the proper moment.

It came a second or two later, enough for many people to drop their guards, as her left arm swung out in a wide arc to sweep his ankles out from underneath of him. Tai's right planted in the ground, lifting her up off the ground in a swift back flip that leaves her bouncing from foot to foot in front of Satoshi if he didn't get clipped by her boots. All pretense of being drunk was gone now, now sway, no unsteadiness...and the stains along the bottom edge of her haori were fresh. Also the source of the smell. She wasn't drunk at all.

Satoshi's feet lifted off the ground in a small leap over the arm sweep. As he landed, he bent backwards at the waist, the foot skimming his chest.

"Muay Thai? Interesting choice."

"'cause your playing into his hands. Your all hot and bothered underneath the collar, ready to start planning and set off in a rescue and revenge mission. And others, as they are prone to do, are going to fall into line behind your example and get themselves killed. You lead people Satoshi, can't argue with that, but this time you'll lead them into the clutches of the same madman if you don't stop dancing to his tune." Tai says smoothly, cracking her head to the side briefly before falling out of the loose stance and shaking her hands free. Only to grab the zanpakuto on her belt. "Swallow the world in frothy waves, Todorokasu Arashi!"

The zanpakuto disappears from her belt, replaced by the sharktooth gauntlets that she favored so much. This time as her hands curled into fists, the razor-sharp sharkteeth protruded out from the top of her knuckles to give her punches a deadlier punch.

"I hadn't exactly planned for this, but I sure as hell ain't letting you lead your own men and the men of other captains off to die." Tai says grimly, taking back up her muay thai stance.

Satoshi's face descended into a scowl. He moved backwards about 3 feet, giving some extra distance from her gloves.

"So, I should ignore him? Let him continue to murder and control and kidnap? We've delayed killing him for months already. Should I wait until he kills another Vice-Captain from my Division? Until he's killed all my Division? Should I wait until he kills my wife? The Commander? I don't intend to charge off tomorrow. I also don't intend to let him go on killing. He will be stopped. Preferably by me. So what do you propose? Instead of leading them into death, I should let them be killed in their sleep one by one?"

He stays silent for a moment.

"And I'm curious how beating me near to death will benefit Soul Society any. And why I shouldn't return the favor."

Suddenly, he's right in front of Tai, his fist extending into her stomach for a blow to her solar plexus.

Tyler

Tyler gets a slight sense of apprehension.

"Uh, keep up? Yeah, sure."

He follows Ami out the door on her run.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-02, 07:08 PM
Naruhi groaned internally. Persistent bugger.

"Look." she snapped. "I have plans to make, a dress to buy, restaurant reservations to make, an apartment to clean, a hell butterfly to send, and an evening that I hope to spend with Kiljaeran, for which I want everything to be perfect. I owe him that."

She turned away from Kenji, walking across the room to a nearby closet, which she began to rummage through busily, as though he wasn't even there. Now where the hell did I put the broom? Her sadness and depression had vanished, her lips curving into a smile at the thought of a romantic evening with Kiljaeran .

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-02, 07:18 PM
"Banter all you want, don't try to change the subject." Tai replies, full of cold anger that was so at odds with her usual persona. When the blow to her solar plexus came, she was already in motion, gliding to the right of Satoshi's arm as her left comes up to trap it against her body and hold him in place. For what became immediately evident as her right fist drove into his side once more with explosive power to knock the breath out of him, the shark teeth leaving jagged scars across the surface of his armor.

She used the force of the blow, something Satoshi distinctly remembered from karate, to fall back a couple of steps with both feet returning to that drunken step that has her bobbing about before him. This time she didn't play at being drunk, face deadly serious as hands curled into strange fists with one pulled in close and the other extended towards him.

"You should look at the facts. Use that brain your so proud of, stop being a dancer, and start being one of the musicians! How many times now has Hans played you for a fool or snuck out with someone underneath your own protection now? He's learned how you act, how you think, and by Kami he's using it against you!" Tai growls out, sounding frustrated even as clear sake began to swirl about her hands to begin forming a small sphere of water. "And if he's expecting you then what does that leave?"

It only takes a moment for the sphere to fully shape itself, hovering steadily in the air despite it's former's erratic movement.

"You are just so damned eager to save everyone all by yourself, you don't even pause to consider that other people could help you. Or might not even need your help." Despite how very much she wanted to, Tai resisted sneering at Satoshi and instead pushed both hands forward to send three streams of pressurized sake at him.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 07:20 PM
Immediately upon passing through the door, Ami leaps high into the air (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJDfjzvWc0&fmt=18), landing on a rooftop and smiling back at Tyler. "Come on! Try and catch me! No fast steps or powers!" She giggles and takes off again, leaping nimbly from rooftop to rooftop.

...She really is quite fast.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 07:24 PM
"Uff!"

He skipped backwards, slipping into a strange blend of praying mantis kung fu, monkey kung fu, and savate.

"No one else is paying attention to his threat! Hell, half of Seireitei wants to imprison or kill the Bount! If you have a suggestion, I'm more than open to it. But I feel like the only one trying to do anything about him. The Espada are a definite threat, as are the Olympians, but no one is paying attention to him."

He flows around any strikes she sends his way.

Suddenly, he sets her off-balance with a savate strike that widens her stance.

Then he kicks her in the groin. Hard. Let it never be said he won't fight dirty.

"Should I stop trying to protect them? What do you suggest, Tai? If you're so darn full of ideas, enlighten me!"

He then goes for a stomp to her foot.

Tyler's eyes widen. No mask?

He gathered his strength a moment, then gave a mighty leap to the roof. Once there, he began dashing along behind her. At first, he has trouble doing much more than keeping her in sight.

Eventually, he hits his stride, and manages to get at least somewhat closer to her.

"I think....I'll need...to do...this training. Just to...keep up...with you! Darling!"

He's still breathing heavily, but he's not too far behind now.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 08:15 PM
Ami laughs, keeping just out of Tyler's reach. "This is fun!" At least she's enjoying herself. :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 08:20 PM
Ami laughs, keeping just out of Tyler's reach. "This is fun!" At least she's enjoying herself. :smalltongue:

Tyler smiles. It kind of is.

"Yeah, and this way, I have an excuse to chase you!"

He laughs. In between deep breaths.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-02, 08:33 PM
"'Nobody is paying attention to him'? Wow Satoshi, it's so good to see you think so highly of your wife, Division, and the Bounts." Tai says dryly, just about to step back as he strikes at her when his foot connects with her groin and her eye widens in surprise.

Sneaky son of a...!

When he goes to step on her foot though, she steps inside the reach of his leg and knocks it to the side.

"Bakudo 63. Rikujōkōrō." Tai spits out,still grimacing in pain at the unexpected strike, as the six rods of light strike her opponent. She didn't have any illusions that it'd hold him for long though, bakudo wasn't exactly a strong-point of hers but hopefully he'd be in place long enough as Tai triggers the first of many pre-made devices she had installed around the area.

A trio of kido guns that had been roped together, over Satoshi's left shoulder let loose triple blasts of shotgun like reishi orbs towards his back. Not that Tai was idle when they fired, leaping back out of the danger radius even as a new sphere of water forms about her this time and distorts her gruff voice.

"Yeah, what should you do. Why not believe the people you care about will not to be victims for once? Or even trust them?" She says, gathering more and more of the holy sake about herself, "Or even your own comrades. Do you think we got to where we are by chance? You aren't the only captain in the Seireitei Satoshi, not the only one who thinks he knows best. But you are the only one who tries to force that view on anyone who doesn't fall into lock-step behind you and it's alienating others! For Kami's sake man! You are not the only captain! It's the Gotei 13, not the Gotei 1 and by Kami we are one of the strongest fighting forces in the mortal realm or after-life! But you treat your equals as children who can't help themselves! Do you want to give Hans ammo to use against you? You can't protect everyone you idiot! And when you try the only thing that happens is you make yourself vulnerable for counter-attack! Did you ever once think of asking me for help? Of asking anyone for help?"

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 08:41 PM
Ami continues the little "race" for a few more minutes, slowing down and allowing Tyler to catch up to where she's just barely within arms' length. Then, as she's leaping to another building, she instead does a short, quick roll onto the street below as Tyler leaps over, attaching to the side of the building with her "claws", and leaping off to latch onto Tyler's back playfully.

"Hiii!" She smiles and rests her head on Tyler's shoulder.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 08:45 PM
The bakudo pins him for approximately 5.678 seconds.

He breaks it in time to dodge blasts from 2 of the 3 guns.

The third catches him nearly full on, further marring his armor, scorching his hair, and throwing him a dozen feet away.

As he sails through the air, his eyes widen.

"Damn. You're right on one count...I haven't asked for help. Maybe I've been too much of a lone wolf. Blame my training and my age; most of our number are notably younger. And my predecessor was worse than I at the "lone wolf" act."

He spits a bit of blood on the ground as he stands from where he crashed to the ground.

"But I'd like to think it doesn't take you carrying out an assault on my person to tell me this, Tai. And as much as I want to believe they won't be...he's proven me wrong. He killed Greta once. She's strong, but...Hans...Hans is so dangerous...I killed him, and he still killed her! All my strength and speed was for nothing, in that one moment of laxity! One single moment! Every moment I now have with her is like borrowed time! Soe help me, I won't rest until he dies, for good! If all Soul Society will aid me, so be it."

He calculates angles, speed, distance...and fires his arm blades.

"And you're one to talk about imposing a sense of what they think is best! Isn't that what you're doing now? Isn't that what the Commander-General does every day? Isn't that what Kiljaeran tries to do every day? If I've overstepped my bounds, so be it. Point it out to me. But don't you dare stand there and act like I'm the only one. I'm doing the best I can, flawed that it may be."

*BOOM*

Oh look, he's right in her face.

His right arm angles for a punch to a nerve cluster in her left shoulder.

His left arm seeks to strike her left kidney.

His right foot seeks to strike her jaw.

And his left foot seeks to strike her right breast. Again, fighting dirty.

"And I'm starting to get tired of this."

Edit:
Ami continues the little "race" for a few more minutes, slowing down and allowing Tyler to catch up to where she's just barely within arms' length. Then, as she's leaping to another building, she instead does a short, quick roll onto the street below as Tyler leaps over, attaching to the side of the building with her "claws", and leaping off to latch onto Tyler's back playfully.

"Hiii!" She smiles and rests her head on Tyler's shoulder.

Tyler stumbles, but does not fall or falter. He lands from his leap and stops his run.

"Well hello there. I seem to have lost my girlfriend, Ms. Hitchhiker. Do you know where she went? She's this beautiful, kind, amazing girl with cute little wolf ears, and a cute little tail. Perchance have you seen her?"

His grin is openly teasing now.

OverWilliam
2009-10-02, 08:59 PM
Kenji gave Naruhi a look. "Very well."

He turned to leave. "I would like to speak to you again later, once your... schedule clears up. Would you do me the honor?" He asked. Not a question.

Without waiting for an answer, he left the apartment.

Later, at the 2nd Division headquarters, he put through the paperwork for a standing Observation detail on one Naruhi Ziha. Under her status listing in the 2nd's database are now the words "Potential Security Risk."

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 09:15 PM
Ami seems confused for a moment, then realizes he's teasing her. "M-maybe you could look around some more?" She blushes a little bit.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-02, 09:15 PM
Naruhi didn't even look up to see that he had left her quarters, haphazardly pulling an assortment of cleaning supplies out of the cupboard, pausing only to summon a hell butterfly. Busying herself with collecting the clothing scattered across her apartment, she sent a rather flirtatious message to Kiljaeran.

Captain Kiljaeran. Would you come over this evening, at, say seven? I have a little surprise planned. You won't want to miss it. Trust me.
She was fully aware of the sugestive implications of her message. All the more incentive, I suppose. Now I just need to get a decent dress.

And how exactly were you planning to afford that? Interjected Akoku. You're essentially broke.

Naruhi grinned, heaving a stack of boxes into the closet.There's always the food budget, Akoku.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 09:19 PM
Ami seems confused for a moment, then realizes he's teasing her. "M-maybe you could look around some more?" She blushes a little bit.

Tyler took on a mock thoughtful look.

"Hm. I suppose I could. Where oh where should I look? Oh, maybe that grove of shady, beautiful trees?"

He quickly makes his way over to said grove (OOC: Nowhere near the big Captain fight).

"Hm. Now where is that girl? I had planned to give her a hug...maybe a kiss? What do you think Ms. Hitchhiker."

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 09:39 PM
Ami dismounts and looks around a bit, shakes her head, and walks back to Tyler, blushing heavily. "Sorry, mister... she's not here. ...Will Ms. Hitchhiker do?"

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 09:41 PM
Tyler grins.

"I suppose she'll have to. I think she's a close stand in for one Ami Honoka, though none can truly compare."

He leans in towards her, his arms open for a hug, his eyes closed, lips starting to purse a bit.

Shades of Gray
2009-10-02, 09:43 PM
Tyler will hear a buzzing by his ear, and see a flash in the distance, coming from the 4th division headquarters, a reflection off the glasses that Xavier's polishing as he glares in Tyler's direction.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 09:46 PM
Tyler swats a hand at the buzzing, but his closed eyes mean he doesn't see the flash.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-02, 09:47 PM
"Hah! Blame your training and age? Don't cope out for your behavior, take responsibility for it! You are the one who is doing it all by yourself. You are the one who thinks he doesn't need anybody else!" Tai says, disdain finally coming into her voice, but to be fair she thought that to be a truly weak excuse. One hand reached up, tugging off the titanium eye-patch and casting it out of the sphere and unto the ground outside of the holy sake ball.

"Oh. It wasn't just on your person. The three ninja you had spying on me? Yeah, guess what. You dragged them into this little spat too when completely disrespected my dedication to the Seireitei and sicced them on a fellow captain." Now she was growling, but few could have blamed her about growling then, her distorted face appearing truly monstrous within the watery hemisphere she was within. A strange blue glow began emanate from her missing left eye, illuminating the sake around her until only her shadow could be seen within. "And what did you do when you failed? Did you teach them to defend themselves? Try to help them get stronger? No! You put guard details on them, restricted their movements, and smothered them with your protection. You MAKE them easy prey because you have no faith in them! You think only YOU can kill Hans, and again you dance to his tune like a puppet!"

As the arm blades fire, Satoshi might even detect that it was seconds before, the sake began to churn violently around Tai and when the arm blades entered into it, they were swept away by the powerful current to leave Tai un-harmed. Though it was difficult to tell between the frothing sake and blue glow from within.

"Yeah, you know what? I do. So what? I do it to my Division, the people who put their lives into my hands so I don't have to wake up in a cold sweat and see their ghosts haunting me. The Commander-General does because that is his right as the commanding officer of the Seireitei and he has to watch out for the lives of every shinigami. Kiljaeran simply upholds the law to prevent anarchy from rotting the Gotei 13 from within and because that's his job. To police the Gotei 13 as he sees fit. What the hell is your excuse? What gives you the right to order around other captains? People who aren't even Shinigami? Do you know one of the reasons the leader of the Quincy in J-City hates us so much? Because of you." She waits for him to approach her, letting him stumble into the various other traps set up in this small glade that Tai had prepared specifically for Satoshi. Like the landmines that veritably carpeted the ground around them that she had buried in the dead of night after disposing of her un-wanted followers.

Boom indeed.

The two of them are both enveloped in the explosion, the difference being that Tai was surrounded by a hemisphere of holy sake that deflected the blast around her even as Satoshi drove into the sphere with the turbulent sake tugging and pulling at his arms and legs, tugging off his aim even as she takes the minimal movement necessary to evade his blows. Only one blow 'connected' and the left foot Satoshi kicked out with...well he probably didn't want her to grab hold of his ankle, spin about and launch him across the glade but by then he had bigger things on his mind like the trees coming up or the large blast of sake following after him.

"Hah! Like you would have listened to a word I said! I know what you think of me Satoshi. You think I'm a drunk fool, well you know what? That's what I like people to think about me. Because it makes them underestimate me, just like you are now. You can't see past your own narrow view of people and now it's gotten you into trouble!"

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 09:56 PM
Ami, of course, allows the hug, resting her arms up on Tyler's chest as she gravitates in to reciprocate the kiss.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 10:05 PM
"Hah! Blame your training and age? Don't cope out for your behavior, take responsibility for it! You are the one who is doing it all by yourself. You are the one who thinks he doesn't need anybody else!" Tai says, disdain finally coming into her voice, but to be fair she thought that to be a truly weak excuse. One hand reached up, tugging off the titanium eye-patch and casting it out of the sphere and unto the ground outside of the holy sake ball.

"Because age and the decades of training I had couldn't possibly be influenced by those things.

"Oh. It wasn't just on your person. The three ninja you had spying on me? Yeah, guess what. You dragged them into this little spat too when completely disrespected my dedication to the Seireitei and sicced them on a fellow captain." Now she was growling, but few could have blamed her about growling then, her distorted face appearing truly monstrous within the watery hemisphere she was within.

"I spy on everyone, accumulate data in case of defection or mind control, then store that information, hand it to the Commander, and leave a couple of copies in specific lockers for Kiljaeran and a couple of others. I've done this for years. You were up for observation. Take it as a compliment, Tai."

Pause.

"You beat them, didn't you. That's it, you-"

A strange blue glow began emanate from her missing left eye, illuminating the sake around her until only her shadow could be seen within. "And what did you do when you failed? Did you teach them to defend themselves? Try to help them get stronger? No! You put guard details on them, restricted their movements, and smothered them with your protection. You MAKE them easy prey because you have no faith in them! You think only YOU can kill Hans, and again you dance to his tune like a puppet!"

As the arm blades fire, Satoshi might even detect that it was seconds before, the sake began to churn violently around Tai and when the arm blades entered into it, they were swept away by the powerful current to leave Tai un-harmed. Though it was difficult to tell between the frothing sake and blue glow from within.

"Guard details add eyes, skills, and powers. Many against one is better odds. I never restricted movements, unless their movements would have been restricted already. Beyond that, my men are subtle enough that people can live normally without noticing the guards. Many have known already. Others have refused, largely speaking. Certainly I've taught Greta a few dirty fighting tricks."

"Yeah, you know what? I do. So what? I do it to my Division, the people who put their lives into my hands so I don't have to wake up in a cold sweat and see their ghosts haunting me. The Commander-General does because that is his right as the commanding officer of the Seireitei and he has to watch out for the lives of every shinigami. Kiljaeran simply upholds the law to prevent anarchy from rotting the Gotei 13 from within and because that's his job. To police the Gotei 13 as he sees fit. What the hell is your excuse? What gives you the right to order around other captains? People who aren't even Shinigami? Do you know one of the reasons the leader of the Quincy in J-City hates us so much? Because of you." She waits for him to approach her, letting him stumble into the various other traps set up in this small glade that Tai had prepared specifically for Satoshi. Like the landmines that veritably carpeted the ground around them that she had buried in the dead of night after disposing of her un-wanted followers.

"You're doing it to me right now, Tai. Have I, in the past, exceeded my authority? Yes. Do I do so now? I'd like to think not as much. Certainly not as much outside the battlefield, where experience should reign. As for Ran...I've made mistakes, but that boy already carried tons of hate in his heart."

Then the mines started going off.

Boom indeed.

The two of them are both enveloped in the explosion, the difference being that Tai was surrounded by a hemisphere of holy sake that deflected the blast around her even as Satoshi drove into the sphere with the turbulent sake tugging and pulling at his arms and legs, tugging off his aim even as she takes the minimal movement necessary to evade his blows. Only one blow 'connected' and the left foot Satoshi kicked out with...well he probably didn't want her to grab hold of his ankle, spin about and launch him across the glade but by then he had bigger things on his mind like the trees coming up or the large blast of sake following after him.

"Hah! Like you would have listened to a word I said! I know what you think of me Satoshi. You think I'm a drunk fool, well you know what? That's what I like people to think about me. Because it makes them underestimate me, just like you are now. You can't see past your own narrow view of people and now it's gotten you into trouble!"

As soon as he was thrown away from Tai, Satoshi made a decision.

"Ban-KAI!'

A flash of his reiatsu, and he was clad in his powerful armor.

"You act like a drunk fool, never show anything else, and of course people will think that's what you are. I certainly never thought you weren't a dangerous fighter. I am surprised by the...depth of your insight."

He stood there, flames roaring about his armored body, largely unruffled.

"Frankly, I'm getting sick of this, Tai. Your speech says "I want to improve things". Your assault on myself and my men tells me otherwise. So choose. Either you try to work with me on the issues you've raised. Or we fight. But this fighting and deep conversation at the same time? It stops now."

The large sword of his bankai stays firmly sheathed, but he assumes a ready stance from juijitsu.

Edit:
Ami, of course, allows the hug, resting her arms up on Tyler's chest as she gravitates in to reciprocate the kiss.

Tyler leans in closer, his lips starting to brush Ami's.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 10:23 PM
Ami feels a current of electricity as her own and Tyler's lips conciously touch, and for a moment her instinct takes over as she aggressively and passionately assaults him with a healthy make-out session.

After a few moments she pulls back, looking extremely embarrassed and a little guilty. "...Ami's... um, I'm sorry... I just... um..." Lost for words, for once, she is.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 10:27 PM
Ami feels a current of electricity as her own and Tyler's lips conciously touch, and for a moment her instinct takes over as she aggressively and passionately assaults him with a healthy make-out session.

After a few moments she pulls back, looking extremely embarrassed and a little guilty. "...Ami's... um, I'm sorry... I just... um..." Lost for words, for once, she is.

Tyler smiles slightly, and lets Ami have her space.

"It's alright, Ami. I think I kind of understand. I probably shouldn't have initiated the kiss. I'll keep this in mind, and try to limit us to hugs and very light kisses for a while. I like to move nice and slow."

He smirks a bit,and runs a hand down her cheek.

"Doesn't mean it wasn't awesome."

Yeah, really, it's a goofy smile by this point.

Anyr
2009-10-02, 10:32 PM
Naruhi didn't even look up to see that he had left her quarters, haphazardly pulling an assortment of cleaning supplies out of the cupboard, pausing only to summon a hell butterfly. Busying herself with collecting the clothing scattered across her apartment, she sent a rather flirtatious message to Kiljaeran.

Captain Kiljaeran. Would you come over this evening, at, say seven? I have a little surprise planned. You won't want to miss it. Trust me.
She was fully aware of the sugestive implications of her message. All the more incentive, I suppose. Now I just need to get a decent dress.

And how exactly were you planning to afford that? Interjected Akoku. You're essentially broke.

Naruhi grinned, heaving a stack of boxes into the closet.There's always the food budget, Akoku.

The butterfly found its target standing once more in the training fields, sword drawn. The messenger came as a welcome excuse to take a break, since he'd been getting next to nowhere with Sensouken so far. On actually reading it his face broke into a wide smile and all thoughts of Bankai fled from his mind. With an exuberant motion he summoned a butterfly of his own and sent it flying back with his reply.

"Why 3rd Seat Ziha, this is most unprofessional. Meeting a subordinate at her own house so late in the day? Anyone who didn't know better might think that you were trying to seduce me. No doubt your intentions are above reproach, though, so I shall come nonetheless."

With that he walked from the field and started off towards his quarters. There was no way that he was turning up on Naruhi's doorstep in anything close to his current state. Not everyone was in such high spirits, though.

"So, this is how we are going to handle the situation? A few hours ago we were fighting this woman tooth and nail in the catacombs of Hueco Mundo. Now we are accepting dinner invitations as if nothing had happened."

"Those things happened so long ago that they have almost passed from my memory. Look to the future instead, Sage. We are going to spend a wonderful evening with the woman we love; That's all that matters."

He continued on, paying no heed to his comrade's concerns. Naruhi was calling and all was right with the world. How anyone could worry on a day like this was beyond his comprehension.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 10:36 PM
Ami's face defies possibility with the shade of red she's currently showing off. However, Tyler only gets a few more moments to glance at it as Ami rests her head on his chest, moving her arms. About now he can probably feel her heart going a hundred miles per hour.

"...W-we should go back... um... can you carry Ami on your back again?"

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 10:40 PM
Ami's face defies possibility with the shade of red she's currently showing off. However, Tyler only gets a few more moments to glance at it as Ami rests her head on his chest, moving her arms. About now he can probably feel her heart going a hundred miles per hour.

"...W-we should go back... um... can you carry Ami on your back again?"

"My dear lady, I would be delighted to do just such a thing."

He stands, and positions himself for easy carrying.

"You want me to speed up the journey, or go about as fast as we were before?"

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 10:44 PM
Ami climbs up on Tyler's back again, obviously more than comfortable. "F-faster is fine..." She doesn't really sound like she cares, as long as she's right there.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 10:52 PM
Ami climbs up on Tyler's back again, obviously more than comfortable. "F-faster is fine..." She doesn't really sound like she cares, as long as she's right there.

Tyler uses one arm to support her.

The other claws across her face, drawing his mask.

"One express ride back to Honoka House, coming right up."

And off he went, blurring across rooftops. He never used his jets, but he was pushing his sonido to levels closer to its limits.

It didn't take him that long to near the house.

"Let's walk the rest of the way, eh?"

He stopped, letting his mask crumble, and gently easing Ami to the ground. After she's straightened herself, he offered her his right hand.

"Come on, let's go inside. Wouldn't want your dad to get to worried now."

He slowly walks towards the door, savoring this time.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 11:05 PM
Ami locks onto Tyler's hand tightly with her own, heart still pumping quickly long after the skyride. When they step in, Katashi is still on the couch, albeit seemingly working on something on paper, with Mayu next to him obviously organizing a lesson plan. She looks up and smiles at the two, speaking up before Katashi can. "Took a little extra time out? That's fine. I'm sure you had fun... Did you catch her?" She directs a teasing grin at Tyler.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 11:14 PM
"I think it's safe to say she caught me instead."

He looks a touch embarrassed, shuffling his feet around a bit.

"So...Katashi...is that one of your comissions?"

Obviously, he's trying to shift conversation a bit.

Also obviously, he's not taken the lead in letting go of Ami's hand.

strawberryman
2009-10-02, 11:29 PM
"Nah... pet project." Katashi doesn't look up.

"So, any preference on breakfast tomorrow? I figure I might as well, before you leave." Mayu nods.

Ami hasn't let go, either. Her face is still moderately red.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-02, 11:30 PM
He taps his chin.

"Scrambled eggs and toast?"

He's a bit red as well.

Krazddndfreek
2009-10-02, 11:43 PM
Maeda Katsuhito

Maeda is lounging up on the rooftops, perhaps dreaming, for his eyes are closed rather than looking up at the blue sky. Or maybe he was just squinting. A leopard shimmered into existence and curled up beside him.

"You miss her still...?"

Leave me alone... It doesn't concern you...

"You know very well that I can't, because every time you're like this I can't get an ounce of peace."

What a pain...

Maeda stands and dusts off his kimono and disappears, leaving only a gust of wind in his wake. The leopard evaporates too. Pretty soon, he's outside the Seireitei and standing over a vast rice field.

What are you doing...?

I miss napping in the sunshine.

He approaches one of the farmers and asks for his hat.

"But Captain, I need it to work, so I can make money for my family..."

The captain removes five large gold coins from his sleeve. The man's jaw drops and he is speechless as the coins are exchanged.

Now, I'm sure you won't mind me having your hat.

What a shrewd man, you are. He teases as Maeda takes the hat from the farmer's head.

What an annoying old sword you are...

"T-thank you, Captain!"

He simply gives him an over-the-shoulder wave and a "Yea, whatever" as he walks away.

strawberryman
2009-10-03, 01:40 AM
Mayu nods, and smiles. "Sounds good."

Ami gives Tyler's hand a squeeze before heading for the hall. "Ami's... um... I'm t-taking my bath..." With that, she disappears into what is probably the bathroom.

"We did have a shower installed... a lot of stuff around here is more... modern. Satoshi pulled some strings... But, anyway, if you want to take a shower after her, you can go ahead." Mayu nods, going back to her lesson plan. "Oh... you can use my laptop if you want, while you wait." She points to it on the coffee table.

H. Zee
2009-10-03, 05:17 AM
"Hey, I just remembered. Have you figured out anything with your new arms and mask? I read a little about the events in reports, but they were...vague."

The stuff they can do is quite interesting, says Shirubaru. First, he points to his mask, which as always is sitting atop his head. Most Vizards have to summon their masks, but mine just sort of stays with me. When I want to use my new-found abilities, I flip it down.

He then shows Koujin his right arm, which has the kanji for "SWORD" transcribed upon it. My sword arm can grow spikes, extend to huge lengths, and even morph into a serpent. Me and snakes definitely have something going on, don't we? He then shows Koujin his left arm, with "SHIELD" written on it in kanji. My shield arm can create protective force-bubble domes which can't be penetrated... But those inside are trapped, as well. The dome lasts until the next sunrise, or until I dismiss it. I can only create one at a time.

They reach the restaurant/bar, head in, and are directed to a table.

Shirubaru sits down opposite Koujin and slams his Sword arm's fist into the palm of his Shield arm's hand. The best thing, though, is the fact that I can absorb incoming ranged energy attacks such as Cero with my Sword arm. They pass through my body, then emerge back out of my Shield arm, ten times more powerful than when they entered, and probably aimed right back at whoever attacked me in the first place.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 07:04 AM
Naruhi had finally finished tidying her quarters when Kiljaeran's reply reached her. The mock-indignant tone of the message made her laugh aloud. Oh, he'll be seduced all right. Honestly. Beyond reproach? Who's he kidding?

Eyes gleaming excitedly, she rummaged through her closet yet again. She pulled out a simple black dress and gave a wry grin. Well Akoku, seems you don't need to worry about the food budget anymore, she thought. The dress in her hands was short, tight and strapless, and she could almost imagine the expression on his face when he saw her in it.

Perfect, she grinned.

CMOTDibbler
2009-10-03, 08:01 AM
A man walks out of the 10th division barracks. He wears a japanese-style farmers hat pulled down over his face, and a shinigami uniform with the white replaced with green. His eyes can be seen through the weave of the hat to be blue. He carries a dia-katana at his side, and begins to walk. He's an assistant captain.

The Librarian
2009-10-03, 08:07 AM
Isara waits patiently around the Gardens of 8th division for anyone from 8th division if not Kil-J himself.

((I know I haven't been here for the past 2 days because of Archon, but I like to try and continue this from where it was left off Anyr.))

KnightDisciple
2009-10-03, 08:19 AM
Mayu nods, and smiles. "Sounds good."

Ami gives Tyler's hand a squeeze before heading for the hall. "Ami's... um... I'm t-taking my bath..." With that, she disappears into what is probably the bathroom.

"We did have a shower installed... a lot of stuff around here is more... modern. Satoshi pulled some strings... But, anyway, if you want to take a shower after her, you can go ahead." Mayu nods, going back to her lesson plan. "Oh... you can use my laptop if you want, while you wait." She points to it on the coffee table.

Tyler nods at Ami as she goes.

"Um, yes, thank you. I think I will. The shower, that is. And the laptop, I suppose."

He sits down at said computer and proceeds to send a few emails off, mainly to his friends regarding the amusement park adventure the next day.

Anyr
2009-10-03, 08:51 AM
((I know I haven't been here for the past 2 days because of Archon, but I like to try and continue this from where it was left off Anyr.))

{OOC: Ganurath is the one handling this, since Kiljaeran's on leave. I posted a while ago to say that Mesuinu had been handed the case, but it might have been missed.}

The Librarian
2009-10-03, 08:54 AM
((Kay, but it looks like were getting ready to start day two of Archon.))

Anyr
2009-10-03, 12:11 PM
Inside his quarters, an increasingly frantic Kiljaeran had hit a snag in his preparations. After showering he'd wandered to a wardrobe to find the best outfit for the evening and received a nasty surprise. Now on the second wardrobe, the best he could say about the selection was that it was consistent. The racks of identical Shinigami robes before him went nicely with the matching set of haoris he'd found earlier.

"This man seriously needs something besides work in his life. He even got rid of the outfit that I bought him when we were last active..."

With a sigh he closed the wardrobe door and left the building to find a better choice of outfits. Half an hour later he was leaving a pleasant shop in Seireitei with a lighter purse and better clothes. He smoothed down the loose green trousers he now wore, straightened his equally casual jacket and tilted the wide-brimmed straw hat on his head to a more rakish angle. Then he set off down a less frequented street, intending to wander until the evening arrived.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 12:55 PM
Naruhi tossed yet another pair of shoes back into her closet with an exasperated groan, flinging herself onto her bed. Why does this always happen? She wondered, thoroughly frustrated. Nothing matches. Twenty pairs of shoes, and nothing bloody matches.

Grumbling curses, she snatched up a comb and gave her hair a few half-hearted, generally ineffectual swipes that did nothing to tame the tangled mess. With a sigh, she left it be, and began frantically searching through her collection of jewelry. Of course, nothing she found was to her satisfaction.

Fergeddit, she thought tiredly. I bet he isn't panicking like this. He'll probably just show up in his haori and robes. Glancing in the mirror, she took in her messy hair, the dress that had seemed perfect hours ago but now seemed plain and boring, her distinct lack of suitable footwear, and groaned. Grabbing a pair of stilettos at random from her closet and smudging on a little lipstick, she flopped down in a chair, pulled out a tattered, much-read book entitled 'The Philosophy of Love', and settled down to wait, no longer certain that this evening would be anything near perfect.

Ganurath
2009-10-03, 01:16 PM
{OOC: Ganurath is the one handling this, since Kiljaeran's on leave. I posted a while ago to say that Mesuinu had been handed the case, but it might have been missed.}((It was indeed. I'll have Mesuinu check in as soon as I know what she's supposed to do with Isara.))

Anyr
2009-10-03, 01:33 PM
It didn't take long before a light tap was heard from outside Naruhi's quarters. It was followed by a few more noises and a slight pop, none of which seemed to be coming from the doorway. All became clear as one of the apartment's windows was pushed open instead to admit...nothing. This strangely distinct patch of nothing suddenly resolved into the figure of Kiljaeran as the Kido surrounding him faded.

"My apologies for the unusual entrance, but this was the only way to enter unnoticed. Were you aware that this apartment is under survei...lan..ce..."

His speech came to a juddering halt as his eyes fell on Naruhi. The resulting stare (which travelled the full length of her figure) went on for quite a while before he managed to gather his wits and drop into a nearby chair.

"Yes, well...perhaps that can wait."

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 02:08 PM
Naruhi tossed her book aside with a small smile, meeting his gaze with a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Yes, I suppose it can."

She didn't seem the least bit surprised to hear that she was under surveillance. She had expected something of the sort after her short-lived betrayal. They still don't know whether I can be trusted, it seems. She pushed those thoughts from her mind. At the moment, she had far more important things to focus on.

She stood slowly, unsteady on her high heels, and walked carefully toward him. Of course, as her luck would have it, she tripped over the edge of the rug, landing practically on top of him, her cheeks coloring with embarrassment.

"Well, that was convenient," she murmured.

Ganurath
2009-10-03, 02:15 PM
Mesuinu can be seen approaching by Isara Wessmer. "I understand that you have asked some things of the 8th Division. I've been tasked with attending to your accomodations."

Anyr
2009-10-03, 02:24 PM
Kiljaeran's own cheeks were turning steadily more crimson with every movement that Naruhi made while so very close. He would have tried to extricate them both, but for some reason his limbs seemed to be temporarily paralyzed. A tap on his mental shoulder snapped him out of his delirium just in time to be pulled back into the meeting room and be replaced by someone better equipped for the situation. The new Kiljaeran wasted no time in getting a firm (but appropriate) grip on Naruhi and hoisting himself out of the chair with her in his arms. He stood in place while carrying her bridal style, apparently in no hurry to put her down.

"Convenient? You mean that that 'accident' wasn't part of some nefarious plot to ensnare a poor, helpless academic? What a pity, since it seems to have worked. It may take days for him to recover..."

Revlid
2009-10-03, 02:41 PM
Lance then enters the 12th HQ, and with either guidance or meandering makes his way to Kinkuzo. "Captain now, huh? ...You were at the execution, right? I think that's where I remember you from."

The welding mask tilts.

"..."

It tilts the other way.

"..."

Another tilt.

"..."

Finally, Kinkuzo just shakes his head.

"I have no idea who you are."

Kinkuzo cuts off Lance's reply with a raised, metal finger. A welding torch momentarily extends from it, unconsciously. His reply is gleeful in its childishness.

"And I don't really care!"

Looking down from his metal management chair (throne, he's decided, is far too charged a word) at the "Arrancar cosplayer", he lowers his arm and sits forward. The lights switch off, leaving a single spotlight on Lance, the only other light in the room a thin green glow marking Kinkuzo's mask.

"What I want to know is - why in heaven do you think I'll help someone who is either clearly allied to Toho, or has terrible taste in clothing for Soul Society?

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 02:50 PM
Naruhi smiled up at him, her expression one that could be mistaken for innocence by anyone who didn't truly know her.

"Oh shush," she teased playfully. "Don't pretend you didn't enjoy that."

She seemed to have become more confident all of the sudden, though it was possible that it was simply because she felt so safe in his arms. "I suppose you must be wondering why you're here. I got us dinner reservations. And yes, before you ask, the location is a surprise. All I'll say is that it's classy..." She paused for a second. "And expensive." She finished, giving him a sly wink.

And there's no way in hell I'm paying. This last part, though not said aloud, was clearly implied. It wasn't as though she had any money to spare, as Kiljaeran knew all too well.

strawberryman
2009-10-03, 02:51 PM
"I have no idea, aside from killing a mutual enemy." Lance chuckles a bit. "If it helps the decision any, I'm not exactly keeping it a secret that I'm the 30th incarnation of a reality-walking 'ronin' as one of your fellow Captains so named me, and so probably have more info on the Olympians locked up than I care to remember." He shrugs. He's acting fairly cool about all this.

Revlid
2009-10-03, 03:04 PM
"I have no idea, aside from killing a mutual enemy." Lance chuckles a bit. "If it helps the decision any, I'm not exactly keeping it a secret that I'm the 30th incarnation of a reality-walking 'ronin' as one of your fellow Captains so named me, and so probably have more info on the Olympians locked up than I care to remember." He shrugs. He's acting fairly cool about all this.

"I couldn't care less about killing the Olympians, to be honest. I mean, they've got a Hephaestus-analogue, and the actual crippled smith over here was totally ignored for that casting call. Colour me unimpressed."

He considers Lance.

"Tell me who the Olympians are. Tell me what they are. Tell me what they want. Tell me... what you remember of past worlds."

strawberryman
2009-10-03, 03:15 PM
"The Olympians are a bunch of would-be gods who want to destroy reality, or somesuch, and they've done so... I would guess at least 29 times before. Beyond that, I can't really tell you. Which is why I need help. Like I said to the last guy, I suppose all I can really do to guarantee this isn't some trick or trap is my word, which doesn't amount to much, but there it is. If I get my Second Augment, Bankai, whatever else they might call it, and I am indeed correct in my guess that things will become clearer then, you can pretty much have any info on them that I can dig up." Lance holds a hand out. "I suppose I can throw in the benefit of examining my Purifier."

Anyr
2009-10-03, 03:21 PM
Kiljaeran took heart at Naruhi's upsurge of confidence. Her mood swings into depression were always a source of concern for him, so it was good to see her smiling again. He set her down on her feet, taking care not to send her tumbling again off her unsteady shoes.

"Expense is no object, my lady. I just need to make some preparations of my own before we depart."

He extracted what looked like a thin flute from his pocket and put it to his lips. The tune which followed brought several seemingly normal hell butterflies into the room, each waiting for instructions. Kiljaeran whispered to each of them, concentrated on something that couldn't be seen, then sent them on their way.

"The team of devoted scouts that was set to watch this place has just been called away on urgent business. It should take them a while to discover that the superior who apparently called them has no knowledge of doing so. Shall we be on our way, Miss Ziha?"

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 03:57 PM
Naruhi nodded wordlessly, starting up at him with eyes that were wide with admiration. Picking up a small silver purse, she turned toward the door, motioning for him to follow.

As she reached the door, she paused. Kiljaeran just played a trick, she thought in startled realization. Possibly the most uptight Captain in the Gotei 13, and here he is, tricking scouts and helping me sneak out. She blinked. I don't believe it. I just don't believe it. She grinned widely as the gravity of the situation sunk in, before whirling around to hug Kiljaeran, throwing her arms around him, though at the velocity she was traveling it was more akin to being tackled.

"I think I'm starting to become a bad influence on you," she laughed breathlessly. "Not that I'm complaining." She brushed her lips lightly against his. She could already see that this night was going to be far more interesting than she had expected.

Revlid
2009-10-03, 04:12 PM
"The Olympians are a bunch of would-be gods who want to destroy reality, or somesuch, and they've done so... I would guess at least 29 times before. Beyond that, I can't really tell you. Which is why I need help. Like I said to the last guy, I suppose all I can really do to guarantee this isn't some trick or trap is my word, which doesn't amount to much, but there it is. If I get my Second Augment, Bankai, whatever else they might call it, and I am indeed correct in my guess that things will become clearer then, you can pretty much have any info on them that I can dig up." Lance holds a hand out. "I suppose I can throw in the benefit of examining my Purifier."

"Hmm."

Kinkuzo ponders. He really has no reason to do this, but the possibility of opening a font of information tempts his scientific curiosity. And might well piss off Satoshi, which is always a bonus.

"How long do you have? And how... extensive... an examination are you willing to undergo?"

Anyr
2009-10-03, 04:17 PM
Kiljaeran accepted the hug with a surprised grunt, stumbling back a step to handle being suddenly off balance. He looked down at the exuberant girl and gave her a mischievous smile.

"If you're a bad influence, I can't imagine what a good one would be like."

He gently disentangled himself from her and moved towards the exit. It would have been nice to let the embrace last longer, but they would need to be going soon if they didn't want the scouts to track them down. He pulled the door open and beckoned Naruhi across the threshold.

"Anyway, you don't have to worry about corrupting me; I've always been like this. Back in the academy Prime and Sage spent half their free time covering up my misdemeanours..."

Come to think of it, Prime might have some problems with this latest trickery as well when he got back. Ah well, it was in a good cause.

strawberryman
2009-10-03, 04:22 PM
"As long as it takes, and, um, as thorough as you can get without killing me or removing a limb?" Lance laughs openly now. "That good for you?"

Revlid
2009-10-03, 05:36 PM
"As long as it takes, and, um, as thorough as you can get without killing me or removing a limb?" Lance laughs openly now. "That good for you?"

Kinkuzo's grin is obvious, even behind his mask.

"Oh, yes indeed. That'll be dandy."

strawberryman
2009-10-03, 06:44 PM
Lance

"...If I were a lesser man, I'd be worried, there. But it's not like I haven't been tortured or anything before." Lance grins back.

From there, he pretty much shuts up until the examination starts.

Ami/Honokas

Ami steps out of the bathroom after a while, looking fairly refreshed, and wearing her pawprint-motif pajamas. She has a seat on the couch while brushing her hair, and directs a smile at Tyler.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 07:07 PM
Naruhi grinned. "I'll keep that in mind the next time I need ideas for some new tricks."

With that she walked with Kiljaeran out of her dingy apartment and through the streets of the Seireitei. She held his hand tightly in hers, unable to keep a blissful smile from tugging at the corners of her mouth. She was in love, and she didn't want them to have to hide it. Not from anyone. He might feel that their love should be a secret, but that was his choice. Right now, she was on a date with her true love, the evening was clear and beautiful, and she couldn't have been happier.

After a short while they entered the upscale district, stopping outside what was possibly the fanciest and most exclusive restaurant in the entirety of the Seireitei... And undoubtedly the most expensive.

"Only the best for a captain, I figured," she murmured. "What do you think? Too much?" There was a hint of insecurity in her tone. She had wanted everything to be perfect, but she worried that she had gone too far.

Anyr
2009-10-03, 07:41 PM
The journey couldn't have been better as far as Kiljaeran was concerned. Here they were, walking hand in hand through Seireitei with the cool night breeze blowing past them. Every so often he'd glance to his side and admire Naruhi's form once again, never getting tired of seeing her in the moonlight. The only point where the peace was disturbed came when a set of footsteps signalled a new arrival. The black-robed figure of Pace strode into the meeting room, shaking his head in frustration.

"It's no good, he's too deep to reach. I've looked everywhere an-Wow. Is that really Naruhi? She looks...Wow."

After that things quietened down again, with even his volatile comrade content to simply sit and stare. Eventually they reached the restaurant, and he could sense Naruhi starting to fret again. He squeezed her hand reassuringly and spoke in a calming voice.

"Even this could never be 'too much' where you're concerned. Oh, and you do me too great an honour, my lady; There are no captains here tonight."

He adjusted his straw hat so that it shaded his face even more. It wasn't likely that either of them would be recognised as they were now, but some of Prime's caution was starting to rub off on him where this girl was concerned. He let go of Naruhi's hand and looped his arm around hers instead to create a more formal look, then started to escort her inside. If Naruhi wanted only the best, she would have it.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-03, 08:16 PM
Naruhi blushed sightly as he took her arm. She found this display of gallantry to be both incredibly romantic and flattering, but there was something that seemed... off. Waitaminute. Reaching up with her free hand, she tipped his hat back, revealing his face. Who on earth does he think is going to be here to see us? Honestly.

She walked with him to their table, conveniently tucked away in a secluded corner. The atmosphere was almost overly romantic, candlelit, the tables set with fine linens and a bewildering array of cutlery. She sat gracefully and gazed across the table at him, seemingly content to spend the entire evening looking into his eyes and the flickering candlelight reflected therein.

"So," she said softly, after what seemed like an eternity. "What do you think?"

Innis Cabal
2009-10-03, 08:43 PM
Iwai whistles to himself as he walks through the Kido Corp holdings, peering around and making mental notes of various things as he does so.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-03, 11:24 PM
Ami/Honokas

Ami steps out of the bathroom after a while, looking fairly refreshed, and wearing her pawprint-motif pajamas. She has a seat on the couch while brushing her hair, and directs a smile at Tyler.

Tyler smiles back as he stands and heads towards the bathroom. Just outside the door, he finds a set of clothes to change into.

He'll hop inside the bathroom, and it's not long before the shower starts up.

Ami's ears probably detect a bit of singing coming out of the shower; it's not off-key or anything, but he's not professional by any stretch.

tgva8889
2009-10-03, 11:44 PM
Caroline

Suddenly, while healing the injured shinigami, Caroline yelps and pulls her hands back, covering her left and moving away. For a moment, she looks around, then disappears from the room, swiftly making her way away from the 4th Division barracks.

strawberryman
2009-10-03, 11:51 PM
Ami's ears twitch slightly as she listens in on Tyler's singing. She continues smiling as she brushes her hair. After she's done, she takes some time to actually look at her zanpaktou in wonder.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-04, 12:05 AM
After a few minutes, the shower stops. A few more, and the door opens. Tyler walks out, his hair still a bit damp. No real need to brush it, though.

He sits down on the couch next to Ami, and joins her in studying her zanpaktou as well.

"You know, I'm finding this whole concept of "zanpaktou" really interesting. A piece of someone's soul manifesting as a weapon. At first a sword, gun, something relatively mundane. But apply enough time, trainig, and communion with the sword, and you get all kinds of interesting abilities, all over the place. I've seen yours, Satoshi's, and so many others. Some were mere weapons, others could do incredible things. And then there's bankai...."

He shakes his head.

"I think you'll quickly surpass me in power and potential, Ami. I have a feeling I've reached the limits of what I can do, can become. Maybe one day if I ever get a sword one way or another..."

He seems oddly contemplative.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-10-04, 12:25 AM
"Oh yes, what person wouldn't consider it a compliment to find themselves followed around because one of their comrades didn't trust their loyalty or willpower. However could I have mistaken your intentions as sneaky and insulting when clearly they are for such a noble goal. As opposed to simply asking for that information, your way is so much better." Somehow, despite the watery distortion of her voice, Tai still managed to make her words drip with sarcasm. 'course, the point behind the sarcasm was lost if it went over Satoshi's head so of course she had to lay it on thick to ensure he got the point.

"And please Satoshi...do you honestly believe that any number of guards is going to stop someone who would be a threat to you or me? All that's doing is chucking good men into a meat grinder, you have to have noticed that yourself by this point. Uh huh...dirty fighting tricks. Sure, that's a start, but how about actually training with her? Improve her combat abilities besides tellin' her to kick to the groin? Or do you honestly expect any unseated shinigami, or even most seated, to be able to stop the likes of Hans or the Espada?"

Even as the mines begin to go off, obscuring the vision for her normal eye, Tai could still watch Satoshi soaring through the air back towards the tree-line and the sake-sphere moves through the explosions without even a ripple along it's surface.

"No Satoshi, I'm not trying to force you to change. I'm pointing out how your stand-offish attitude and bullying is fracturing the Seireitei and beating you up was the only way I was going to get you to actually listen to me. And you still aren't!"

She does pause briefly when Satoshi enters into bankai, not having expected him to resort to that so soon, but it doesn't keep her from advancing further still.

"Ban..." Tai's own reiryoku flared up as well, the sphere turning into a veritable white-water rapid as power surged through her zanpakuto. Her shield of sake began to grow ever so quickly as the blue glow begins to fade. "...kai."

"First Storm: Tidal Pool." Abruptly the sphere ceased growing and began to focus and surge unto a single point to finally reveal Tai for the first time since the landmines had begun to go off. Dry as sand and with eye-patch firmly back in place, she didn't look like she was enjoying this nearly as much as she should have been as her zanpakuto launched a fierce lance of sake at Satoshi, more then enough power behind that stream to cut a human being, tree, or even stone in two though against Satoshi's bankai armor it'd likely just toss him about and 'break' his body inside of it's armor rather then cut it.

"You just did it again, assuming you can tell me how to do my own assault on your person. Well let me make this perfectly clear for you...you are not in control here. You are never always in control but you just can't seem to get that through your thick skull."

strawberryman
2009-10-04, 12:31 AM
Ami blinks, looking up to Tyler. "You think so...?"

She frowns slightly, and hugs Tyler. After a few moments, she pulls back, yawning. "Today was still fun, Tyler. Night night..." Katashi has a slight start when she gives Tyler a peck on the cheek before disappearing to her room, but thinks better of it.

Mayu smiles and pulls Katashi from the living room, offering Tyler a blanket and proper pillow before disappearing themselves.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 03:03 AM
Naruhi blushed sightly as he took her arm. She found this display of gallantry to be both incredibly romantic and flattering, but there was something that seemed... off. Waitaminute. Reaching up with her free hand, she tipped his hat back, revealing his face. Who on earth does he think is going to be here to see us? Honestly.

She walked with him to their table, conveniently tucked away in a secluded corner. The atmosphere was almost overly romantic, candlelit, the tables set with fine linens and a bewildering array of cutlery. She sat gracefully and gazed across the table at him, seemingly content to spend the entire evening looking into his eyes and the flickering candlelight reflected therein.

"So," she said softly, after what seemed like an eternity. "What do you think?"

"Perfect. Everything is perfect."

"If by 'perfect' you mean 'sappy'. Naruhi's the thing that makes this night great, so do we really have to sit through all this window dressing?"

And yet again Pace tried his best to kill the moment. Kiljaeran was very grateful that those comments were inaudible or the date might have ended then and there. With the way that Naruhi looked in the dim light of the restaurant, the end of this evening was hopefully a long way away. He opened his mouth to make a comment about the beauty of her eyes when yet another interruption stopped him. An indignant figure in indigo robes stood behind his mental self, apparently fully recovered from his earlier close encounter with Naruhi. With reluctance he stepped aside, realising that it wasn't fair to hog all of the spotlight.

At the table, Kiljaeran's face shifted from tender to stoic in the span of a heartbeat. At first glance he seemed disappointingly indifferent, but another look would show that to be a thin mask. This Kiljaeran was just as affected by the evening as the others, but he was still very uncomfortable about showing it. He looked across the table at Naruhi, trying to retain some measure of his usual decorum in the face of such an incredible sight.

"This was a truly excellent choice of venue. So...are you...ready to order? Ahem."

"Smooth."

"Be silent."

Lorolar
2009-10-04, 04:46 AM
Hideki does not answer, he just turns a gaze at the two britons.

It quickly turns into a somewhat cold gaze.

Vizards. Always the vizards. God blast the vizards. It will be noticeable now that Hideki's opinion of the two has just gone a few notches down.

"Commander sir, I wish to formaly request that the afore mentioned crown be destroyed before it can cause further harm beyond the actions of Owwyn ap Morgana." He bowed quickly, sure that was a gesture of respect everywhere. "We understand that there have been prior difficulties in damaging the crown but I present to you the theory that it may be protected by the Wyrd, the spiritual force inherrant in all fae. It is my hope that due to the nature of Einion and myself as Faescarred that we will be viewed close enough to its nature to interact with its "story" and destroy it."

"As a fellow pracitioner of mystical arts I am sure you especialy understand the inherrant strangeness that is often present in these sort of things, and the danger they represent. It is for these reasons that I request the chance to attempt to crown's destruction ourselves."

KnightDisciple
2009-10-04, 08:28 AM
"Oh yes, what person wouldn't consider it a compliment to find themselves followed around because one of their comrades didn't trust their loyalty or willpower. However could I have mistaken your intentions as sneaky and insulting when clearly they are for such a noble goal. As opposed to simply asking for that information, your way is so much better." Somehow, despite the watery distortion of her voice, Tai still managed to make her words drip with sarcasm. 'course, the point behind the sarcasm was lost if it went over Satoshi's head so of course she had to lay it on thick to ensure he got the point.

"It's part of 2nd Division's duties. 8th Division may be the police, but their training doesn't lend itself to our goal: stopping high-powered rogue targets that are in active combat, or roaming the Mortal World. Per Section 7, Paragraph 5 of 2nd Division's current charter, we are the second line of defense against rogue Shinigami, up to and including the Commander General. We need absolutely accurate information on strengths and weaknesses. The primary method to gain this is observation. The fact that everyone is observed occasionally, to some degree, is known to all. Now tell me, Tai, how many of our fellows would give me a full list of their strengths and abilities, let alone their weaknesses and how to kill or disable them? How many wouldn't try to, for one reason or another, "fudge the numbers" a bit? And if they truly go rogue, and we have to stop them, and that information is incorrect...I tried asking, once. I asked Toho what his abilities, strengths, and weaknesses were. Look where that got us with stopping him."

"And please Satoshi...do you honestly believe that any number of guards is going to stop someone who would be a threat to you or me? All that's doing is chucking good men into a meat grinder, you have to have noticed that yourself by this point. Uh huh...dirty fighting tricks. Sure, that's a start, but how about actually training with her? Improve her combat abilities besides tellin' her to kick to the groin? Or do you honestly expect any unseated shinigami, or even most seated, to be able to stop the likes of Hans or the Espada?"

"I can only train so many. I have sparred with Greta. However, she's assured me I should focus more on individual training with Ami, who's not directly threatened, but has a lot farther to go. And maybe the guards are their to help alert their charge and myself whilst perhaps holding off lesser enemies. But I can see you would prefer I leave all my friends and family standing alone, no one to watch their back. I cannot be everywhere at once. Unless you're volunteering yourself and the other Captains to help guard her and any other high-priority targets in Seireitei? And can guarantee they won't just laugh at me?"

Even as the mines begin to go off, obscuring the vision for her normal eye, Tai could still watch Satoshi soaring through the air back towards the tree-line and the sake-sphere moves through the explosions without even a ripple along it's surface.

"No Satoshi, I'm not trying to force you to change. I'm pointing out how your stand-offish attitude and bullying is fracturing the Seireitei and beating you up was the only way I was going to get you to actually listen to me. And you still aren't!"

She does pause briefly when Satoshi enters into bankai, not having expected him to resort to that so soon, but it doesn't keep her from advancing further still.

"Ban..." Tai's own reiryoku flared up as well, the sphere turning into a veritable white-water rapid as power surged through her zanpakuto. Her shield of sake began to grow ever so quickly as the blue glow begins to fade. "...kai."

"First Storm: Tidal Pool." Abruptly the sphere ceased growing and began to focus and surge unto a single point to finally reveal Tai for the first time since the landmines had begun to go off. Dry as sand and with eye-patch firmly back in place, she didn't look like she was enjoying this nearly as much as she should have been as her zanpakuto launched a fierce lance of sake at Satoshi, more then enough power behind that stream to cut a human being, tree, or even stone in two though against Satoshi's bankai armor it'd likely just toss him about and 'break' his body inside of it's armor rather then cut it.

"You just did it again, assuming you can tell me how to do my own assault on your person. Well let me make this perfectly clear for you...you are not in control here. You are never always in control but you just can't seem to get that through your thick skull."

The lance nearly strikes Satoshi, when he suddenly goes blurry. After it passes through that space, he seems to regain solidity.

"You're damn straight I can tell you how to do something when it involves trying to beat me down! And you're making general accusations, when I've admitted some wrongdoing, as well as efforts to change myself. Now start getting specific. If I'm so bull-headed, I need specific instances that display a general trend."

At her comment about control, he frowns a bit. His eyes shut for a moment, and he shakes his head, as if trying to shake off a memory.

"I'm not in control....wasn't in control then...wasn't...control....SHE DIED!"

Oh look, more armblades. And what are those half-dozen strange capsules he's thrown?

Ami blinks, looking up to Tyler. "You think so...?"

She frowns slightly, and hugs Tyler. After a few moments, she pulls back, yawning. "Today was still fun, Tyler. Night night..." Katashi has a slight start when she gives Tyler a peck on the cheek before disappearing to her room, but thinks better of it.

Mayu smiles and pulls Katashi from the living room, offering Tyler a blanket and proper pillow before disappearing themselves.

Tyler nods his thanks, then waits for the family to all be off to bed. He then settles himself onto the couch. After a few moments, he frowns. Too warm.

So he chucks off the shirt, lays it over the back of the couch, and curls up under the blanket. Don't worry, it's not like he took off his pants or anything.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 08:28 AM
"I suppose," replied Naruhi, making a conscious effort to tear her eyes away from Kiljaeran, something she found incredibly difficult, especially considering how handsome he was when not in uniform. She glanced quickly over the extensive menu with an air of detached indifference, sneaking glances at him whenever she figured he wouldn't notice. She honestly couldn't have cared less about the meal. This evening was about them spending time together, and anything else was a distraction.

Stop that already, reprimanded Akoku sharply. You're acting like a lovesick fool.

I am, she retorted, closing the menu with a snap, continuing to stare across the table at Kiljaeran, heedless of her spirit's pronounced disapproval. You're just jealous.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 08:53 AM
Kiljaeran studied his own menu in a very distracted manner. He could feel Naruhi's eyes upon him, which were making him fidget under their gaze. Inside his head some scattered laughter told him exactly what his comrades thought of the situation.

"Feeling a little nervous, oh calm and controlled one?"

"...Just a modicum. It feels as if her eyes are burrowing into my soul..."

"There's no need to worry about that. Just take a deep breath, calm yourself and do whatever comes naturally."

He gratefully took the advice by summoning a waiter over to their table. After using the time they spent giving their orders to steady his nerves, he stared across at Naruhi and spoke as calmly as he could manage. Art had said to do whatever came naturally, so he did the same thing he always had when confronted with a fascinating mystery; He asked questions.

"It is strange to ponder how little I know about you. How did you become the person who sits here now? Were you born in Soul Society or sent onwards from the world of the living? Do you have any relatives? What interests hold your attention? Tell me everything..."

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 09:26 AM
Naruhi sighed, brushing a strand of stray hair from her face. Anything to buy her some time. Her story was... complicated to say the least. Kiljaeran would regret having asked. She took a deep breath, giving a forced smile, a hint of sadness creeping into her voice as she spoke.

"I was born here, a hundred and sixty years ago. My family was... dysfunctional to say the least. I haven't seen them since I graduated from the academy. I don't miss them. Is that a bad thing? I really don't know anymore..."

She paused.

"I became who I am through a combination of driving obsession and a desire to escape. It isn't something I can explain, especially considering I don't understand how it happened myself, most of the time."

She gave him an apologetic shrug as she realized how incredibly depressing this must be for him to listen to, even though this was something she had long since accepted.

"You asked. As for my interests, believe me when I say that if I told you... You would never want to see me again. Unless you enjoy the company of obsessed fangirls, that is." This last part was said in a muted undertone, but was still clearly audible. The frightening thing was that her tone was flat and dead serious. She wasn't kidding.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 09:57 AM
Kiljaeran coughed and looked away, instantly seeing that had been a mistake to bring the topic up. He was still immensely curious about Naruhi's past, but if talking about it caused her pain then he wouldn't pry into it again. The comment about obsessed fangirls in particular raised a few interesting images. He suddenly imagined her sneaking pictures of him from a distance along with some personal items and assembling them into some strange shrine in her room. That particular example seemed very unlikely, but it was obvious that her obsession with Prime ran very deeply.

"There is nothing you could say that would make me abandon you now. Obsession is a powerful thing, whether it is with a vague concept or another person. I am glad that one of us was able to play such an important role in your life."

He paused, troubled by the way that his thoughts were turning. All this time he'd been quietly pretending that he was the target of Naruhi's affections, but it seemed as if that couldn't be true. She was in love was another person entirely, only gazing at the others because they wore the same face. They were just secondary players, leeching off her feelings for her true love. He felt a sudden, strong need to set the record straight before things went any further.

"It is a shame that he could not be here tonight. We must be poor substitutes for Prime, no matter how sincere our efforts."

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 10:31 AM
Nothing I could say... Naruhi thought dully, but plenty I could do. She thought guiltily of the dozen or so boxes stacked at the back of her closet, each filled with hundreds of pictures. Pictures she had taken using 'borrowed' surveillance equipment, that she had skipped far too many assignments to take. Pictures of him. She sighed. They would need to be shredded, burnt and destroyed.

She met his gaze as he said those last words. "You could never be substitutes for Prime. I never expected you to be."

She knew how harsh that must have sounded, but it was the only way to say what needed to be said.

"I don't want you to be substitutes for him. You are all different. That is simply the truth of what you are. I miss him, to be sure, but I love all of you. You are all different, but at the same time, you are all just aspects, reflections of the various factions of his personality. I feel exactly the same about each and every one of you. Together, all of you are the one I love... Not just Prime."

She gave a warm, genuine smile, reaching her hand across the table to hold his. And here I thought I was the one with insecurities.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 11:10 AM
Naruhi's smile didn't seem to reach Kiljaeran, nor did the touch of her hand. As she spoke his face had shifted from gratification to sadness and settled somewhere in between. Even with her declaration of love, Naruhi's words had just confirmed how little she knew about them. Within the meeting room the atmosphere was somber, with each of those present sitting quietly. Finally one who had yet to speak tonight broke the silence.

"S-she d-doesn't mean it like that. She loves us."

"She doesn't even understand us. She thinks that we're...that we're..."

"Say something, Sage. You must be scaring her by now."

Kiljaeran did as requested and spoke, even though his throat was suddenly dry. He knew that Naruhi's intentions were good and that it wasn't fair to punish her for holding a false belief. He tried to take the words in the spirit with which they were intended, speaking with the same voice that he'd used before and trying not to betray anything of what was happening within the labyrinth.

"That is...gratifying. If you are content to accept us, we shall remain by your side for as long as we are able. We shall always love you."

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 12:27 PM
Naruhi nodded silently, willing herself to keep her smile fixed on her face. She had no way of knowing how incredibly wrong her assumptions were, but it was clear to her that she had said something incredibly and completely wrong.

"Of course," she replied, a slight quaver in her voice. "I could want for nothing more."

She then fell silent, addressing her own mental turmoil. She was confused and worried. She had no idea what she had said that had upset Kiljaeran, but she had seen his hesitation, the change in his expression. I wish things were back the way they had been... Days ago, even. When things made more sense, and this relationship wasn't nearly so complicated. My tricks, his smile... our undefined emotions. I wish I had never told the truth.

He loves you. That hasn't changed. That won't change. The two of you were meant to be together, you knew that from the start. Akoku's thoughts were comforting, but they did little to lighten her mood. It took an incredible amount of willpower to stop herself from just getting up and leaving the restaurant. She wanted to curl up among the boxes of photographs and cry. She wished that she could go back to when it was just a hopeless crush, and stop herself from having ever met him in the hallway of the 4th. Then, things wouldn't have to be this way.

Naruhi closed her eyes to hold back her tears. She didn't understand what was happening. This was meant to have been the best evening of her life, but now everything was falling apart. She had said something to upset him, and, though she couldn't understand why, seeing this made her feel as though she was dying inside.

So this is true love, she thought bitterly. Pain, confusion and tears.

I tried to warn you.

It's too late now. I just have to grin and pretend. I still love him, I just don't understand...

Her expression of blissful happiness had remained unchanged throughout her inner suffering. She couldn't bear having him know that his sadness caused her such pain. She wanted to be alone, and yet she couldn't stand being without him.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-04, 12:30 PM
Yasu laughed good-naturedly at Kuenai's teasing. "Of course not, Kuen-chan, you know I trust you better than that," He chuckled, skewering three of the smallish pieces of barbequed meat and moving them to his bowl. "Yes, I had heard a thing or two about that. Who in the Division hasn't!" He laughed again. "Ara ara, but it is a sign of the times when some Substitute that no one knows about bests a Captain... and Our captain nonetheless. I'm sure there's more to that story that I haven't heard, to be sure of that..." He smiled distantly, and then enjoyed some of the sticky rice and some grilled cauliflower.

"One interesting detail that usually seems to be left out of stories is what happened just before the fight. You see...Just before the Sokyoukou would have destroyed our much-loved Kenpachi, that substitute actually -blocked- it." She smiles, and eats a grilled carrot. "That's the thing that truly amazes me about the whole event."

"But really...what have you been up to in your studies then?"

The stuff they can do is quite interesting, says Shirubaru. First, he points to his mask, which as always is sitting atop his head. Most Vizards have to summon their masks, but mine just sort of stays with me. When I want to use my new-found abilities, I flip it down.

He then shows Koujin his right arm, which has the kanji for "SWORD" transcribed upon it. My sword arm can grow spikes, extend to huge lengths, and even morph into a serpent. Me and snakes definitely have something going on, don't we? He then shows Koujin his left arm, with "SHIELD" written on it in kanji. My shield arm can create protective force-bubble domes which can't be penetrated... But those inside are trapped, as well. The dome lasts until the next sunrise, or until I dismiss it. I can only create one at a time.

They reach the restaurant/bar, head in, and are directed to a table.

Shirubaru sits down opposite Koujin and slams his Sword arm's fist into the palm of his Shield arm's hand. The best thing, though, is the fact that I can absorb incoming ranged energy attacks such as Cero with my Sword arm. They pass through my body, then emerge back out of my Shield arm, ten times more powerful than when they entered, and probably aimed right back at whoever attacked me in the first place.

After the pair make themselves comfortable, Koujin continues his line of questions. "So, All of those cool things; are they only available when you activate your mask? Or could you turn your pinky into a snake right now? Have you tried to make your arms smaller? They are kinda bulky at this point..."

Pause. "Is is just me, or is someone fighting Satoshi?"

H. Zee
2009-10-04, 12:35 PM
After the pair make themselves comfortable, Koujin continues his line of questions. "So, All of those cool things; are they only available when you activate your mask? Or could you turn your pinky into a snake right now? Have you tried to make your arms smaller? They are kinda bulky at this point..."

The mask has to be down, says Shirubaru. At the moment they're pretty much just abnormally strong arms made of hierro. No mystic power or stuff like that, but they'll still hurt like buggery if I punch someone in the face with one of these beauties.

He looks down at his arms as Koujin continues his questioning. What? I like them bulky. I don't want to look like I have two bits of string dangling from my sleeves. Not sure I could make them smaller even if I tried, though.

...And yep, seems like it. Tai, if I'm not mistaken. That woman's a right Amazon. Not said like it's a bad thing. He scratches the back of his head. Feels more than just a friendly spar. There's some real venom there. And Bankai and everything.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 12:58 PM
Kiljaeran smiled back, unsure of what to say next. Their food arrived and was eaten in relative silence; Naruhi looked as happy as ever, but somehow the atmosphere had changed. Kiljaeran ate silently, barely noticing the quality of the meal as he tried to understand what was happening in the mind of Naruhi. Finally the last mouthful was finished and the bill was paid, with no resolution or conclusion to anything that had been said. Only one thing was clear:

"We can't let it end here."

"It won't."

With a flicker of mental movement, Kiljaeran's manner changed and he stood, offering Naruhi his hand. He would lead her out of the restaurant and into the night, hoping that a change of scenery would help to change the insincere smile that he now saw to have been on her face ever since they last talked. Once outside he took a breath of the night air and turned to her, his face alight with renewed hope.

"That was a wonderful meal, but the night is still young. Where shall we wander next, my lady?"

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-04, 12:59 PM
"Huh..so it's all triggered by dropping the mask...interesting..." He glances over in the direction of the fight. "Do you think we should...ya know...find out what's going on? I mean...that could get really bad if their spiritual pressure flares up too much...people could get hurt."

They both know he says this from personal experience.

H. Zee
2009-10-04, 01:12 PM
We may as well mosey along, says Shirubaru. Just to watch, if anything. I wonder if this place does take-away popcorn.

Revlid
2009-10-04, 01:12 PM
Kinkuzo's grin is obvious, even behind his mask.

"Oh, yes indeed. That'll be dandy."

The examination begins. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umXkRe5tnUY)

Okay, so it's not that bad. Lance is shirtless, lying down on a cold metal table, spotlight still focused on him. Kinkuzo paces around him, adjusting instruments that strafe his body with lines of coloured light. The welding-masked shinigami picks up a scalpel and pauses before replacing it on the tray.

"Explain to me what you are. An American reaper? Tell me how you first became aware of your reincarnary status. Describe your initial release - your "First Augmentation"."

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-04, 01:16 PM
Koujin quickly orders some barbecued chicken wings and little grilled cheese-filled mushrooms, as well as another large jar of sake. Unless Shirubaru orders something else, the two captains will leave shortly after their food is served.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 01:33 PM
Naruhi remained silent, taking his hand grudgingly, almost reluctantly. She said nothing in explanation as she led him through the darkened alleyways of the Seireitei, passing through what could be considered as some of the most disreputable areas with disturbing familiarity and sureness.

Finally, they arrived in what appeared to be a small, secluded garden. She led him through the trees and to a stone bench shaded by the branches of an enormous cherry tree, alongside a small, peaceful koi pond.

She sat on the bench, arms folded across her chest. "I can tell I said something wrong," she snapped. "Explain. I'm sick of this. What did I say, and what am I missing here?"

Her false smile had vanished, and her eyes were dark and filled with tears. "I want the truth, Kiljaeran."

H. Zee
2009-10-04, 01:40 PM
Shirubaru heads straight to the area of conflict, presumably with Koujin in tow, stopping at the sidelines of the battle to observe - but not intervene.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-04, 01:46 PM
Koujin shows up shortly later, with a pair of boxes under one arm and a sake jug in the other. He finds Shirubaru on a nearby roof, with a full view to the field of combat. "So...what's going on? Can you tell?" He munches on a chicken wing, and holds out the jug to Shirubaru.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 01:59 PM
Kiljaeran sighed and sat beside Naruhi, silently cursing his own foolishness as he did. Once again one of them had managed to reduce the woman he loved to tears through their tactless behaviour. He looked straight into her tear-filled eyes and began, knowing that this was the only way to make things right again.

"The truth is...we're not what you think we are. It's not your fault; Anyone who's seen us in the way that you have would reach the same conclusion. You've seen and admired one man for decades, only recently learning about the rest of us who stand alongside him. You think of him as the..."

He trailed off, unsure of how to proceed. Gazing upwards, he stared at the stars for a few seconds before locking eyes with Naruhi once more.

"Let me ask you a question: What if I'd been first instead? What if I was the only Darius Kiljaeran you'd ever known? Captain of the 6th Division and head of the Cultural Enrichment Collective of Seireitei...Granted, I'd probably be painting walls with freshly drawn blood and making people explode for the fun of it by now (because Sensouken seriously twists us when we're alone too long), but the point stands. Imagine that we've met and fallen in love, when all of a sudden these other 'aspects' pop up, all very different compared to me. You have the calm academic, the innocent child, the cautious strategist...Do you see where this is going?"

This time he stopped speaking not through hesitation, but because he was waiting for something. He was checking to see if Naruhi was following his train of thought. If she wasn't, he would have to try this again from a different angle.

H. Zee
2009-10-04, 02:00 PM
Looks like there's been some explosions, observes Shiru. And see those capsules? Satoshi's fighting dirty. It's impossible to tell who's going to win at the moment. It could swing either way.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-10-04, 02:03 PM
"Huh. I know next to nothing about the new captain...is that water?" And wow...they've sure torn the place up..." He noms a mushroom after setting the food down so its available to Shirubaru as well.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 02:22 PM
Naruhi narrowed her eyes. "Just get to the point already," she snapped angrily. All she wanted was a straightforward answer. The complete, uncensored, unedited truth. If he wouldn't tell her out of love for her... Well she could get it out of him some other way. At this point, however, she wasn't nearly that desperate, merely frustrated and irate. Her hands clenched into fists, and she forced herself to take a series of deep breaths.

Calm, warned Akoku. He won't tell you anything if you loose your temper.

Fine.

She looked at Kiljaeran expectantly, waiting for what she hoped would be a forthcoming explanation.

Anyr
2009-10-04, 02:52 PM
Kiljaeran reacted to Naruhi's frustration with a pained wince. Apparently his attempt at explanation was failing miserably.

"If all that I've said was so, which of us would you think of as the real Kiljaeran? It should be obvious, right? There's the one that you've known all your life, and there are the renegade aspects that reflect different parts of his personality...Or do they? In the restaurant you spoke so casually about us being reflections of Prime, but have you ever stopped to wonder which parts of him we're supposed to be reflecting? Beyond a few basics none of us are anything like him..."

He paused, waiting for his words to sink in. The speech was still roundabout and circumspect, but he couldn't help it. This was a difficult thing for him to say, and he wanted to be sure that Naruhi understood the full implications of it. It was also an attempt to keep his strong emotions well contained, but it didn't seem to be working. The thought of what had happened in the last half an hour was too much; When he spoke again all pretense of calmness was dropped as his voice took on a truly pained quality that he couldn't hide.

"There isn't...We never...I'm sorry that we made you cry, but it's hard to hide how much it hurts when you talk about us as if we stem from Prime like apples from a tree. Prime bears that name because he was the leader, not because he's some sort of higher Kiljaeran who dreamt the rest of us into being..."

And there it was; The grievance was out in the open. Hopefully their collective jealousy and pride wouldn't completely destroy what little there was of this new relationship. His speech finished, he closed his eyes and tried to collect himself. Naruhi would probably need a few moments as well...

strawberryman
2009-10-04, 03:03 PM
Lance

"American Reaper, yeah, what you guys might call a Vizard, as well. That Espada Erscheinung poked around my head and passed on the info. And my Purifier is always in Initial Release, it can take the form of any weapon, object, pretty much anything I can think of and it works perfectly."

Artemis Dreamer
2009-10-04, 03:49 PM
Naruhi stood, her mind in an uproar. She needed some time to think, some time alone. Turning away from the person that she had once regarded as the love of her life, she strode out of the garden and through the maze of darkened alleyways that would take her to her apartment. She said nothing, too confused, too betrayed, and too furious to speak. She had forgotten the surveillance team that was supposedly watching her quarters, but at this point, she didn't much care what happened. She simply needed to be alone.

She paused outside her door, having somewhat collected her thoughts as she had walked the back streets of the Seireitei. Summoning a hell butterfly, she sent what could best be described as an ultimatum to Kiljaeran.

"Prime comes back, or you lose me forever. Your choice."
She knew that there was a good chance that her message would be ignored. That was up to him. Now she just had to think of a way to survive the next several weeks, months, possibly even years, until Kiljaeran wanted her back.

That was possibly the stupidest thing I have ever done.

KnightDisciple
2009-10-04, 04:07 PM
New thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127264).

Revlid
2009-10-04, 04:08 PM
Lance

"American Reaper, yeah, what you guys might call a Vizard, as well. That Espada Erscheinung poked around my head and passed on the info. And my Purifier is always in Initial Release, it can take the form of any weapon, object, pretty much anything I can think of and it works perfectly."

Kinkuzo doesn't trust Von Geister's assessment in the least. A diode-studded helmet descends on Lance, flashing for a few minutes before retreating. While it does its thing, Kinkuzo continues his questions.

"Interesting. Any limitations on size, or materials? What is your... purifier's name?"

EDIT: GODDAMN IT NINJA'D BY A NEW THREAD WAT

Moon Wolf
2009-10-07, 05:55 PM
Feiyan Tewulan strolled through the streets of the Seireitei, whistling tunelessy as if she hadn't a care in the world. She had heard about how the mission to bring back Naruhi had gone; and that Naruhi was back. Feiyan uncapped the half-empty bottle of sake she held in her left hand, and took a swig. "Well...I should probably go and see how dear old Naruhi is doing. She is sort of having romance troubles, from what I hear." Feiyan paused. She could feel her zanpakuto spirit itching to come out. Reluctantly, she allowed it to. "So...gonna pop into Naruhi's then?" Yep, Goddess wanted to see Akoku. "Well Goddess, you can totally forget about going and spying on the men. How 'bout you just pop on back into the sheath?" Feiyan said, her tone dripping sarcasm. Goddess gave Feiyan an extremely pouty face, batting her heavily lined eyelashes furiously. "C'mon...ten minute's visit? Then I'll be a good girl and sheath myself. Pretty please?" Feiyan sighed. "Fine. See what I care." The two of them then reached the door to Naruhi's quarters. Feiyan knocked sharply upon it. "Naruhi?"

Anyr
2009-10-07, 05:59 PM
Feiyan Tewulan strolled through the streets of the Seireitei, whistling tunelessy as if she hadn't a care in the world. She had heard about how the mission to bring back Naruhi had gone; and that Naruhi was back. Feiyan uncapped the half-empty bottle of sake she held in her left hand, and took a swig. "Well...I should probably go and see how dear old Naruhi is doing. She is sort of having romance troubles, from what I hear." Feiyan paused. She could feel her zanpakuto spirit itching to come out. Reluctantly, she allowed it to. "So...gonna pop into Naruhi's then?" Yep, Goddess wanted to see Akoku. "Well Goddess, you can totally forget about going and spying on the men. How 'bout you just pop on back into the sheath?" Feiyan said, her tone dripping sarcasm. Goddess gave Feiyan an extremely pouty face, batting her heavily lined eyelashes furiously. "C'mon...ten minute's visit? Then I'll be a good girl and sheath myself. Pretty please?" Feiyan sighed. "Fine. See what I care." The two of them then reached the door to Naruhi's quarters. Feiyan knocked sharply upon it. "Naruhi?"

{OOC: This thread is out of date. Here's the new one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127264)}