PDA

View Full Version : Seireitei VI (Soul Society) [BleachITP]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

H. Zee
2009-09-08, 05:07 PM
This is open to all Bleachitp people. New people, post a character in the Character Registry first, look for feedback in OOC second, and then post here. Thank you.

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that the three active elected OOC-moderators/mediators (Hollow Zaraki (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=24526), Draken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=25927), and strawberryman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=41475)) discussed to prevent arguments from breaking out in the OOC. In respect to each and every player, character, and the general plot with which character interactions weave, it's greatly appreciated if people keep these in mind with posts pertaining to BleachitP.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
As a result of several flocks of people joining into fights, and said fights becoming... unwieldy at best, and a complete cluster**** at the worst, please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
That's the whole reason we were elected. To keep conflicts out of the OOC. They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC. And we highly recommend using one of the above listed mediators as a... well, mediator, via PM forwarding or shared IM chatrooms.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Have fun guys! :smallsmile:

---

One month has passed in Soul Society.

Post what your character did during the timeskip here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6889572#post6889572).

This thread is for current events.

Shades of Gray
2009-09-08, 05:11 PM
Taniko will find a small box on the desk of her office when she returns, with a card that says "From Xavier". Xavier, on the other hand, is paperworking, like a good Vice Captain.

Libby is still stationed at the ARC camp, her japanese has not improved.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-08, 07:41 PM
Iwai was in the 5th Division Courtyard, still training

DoomITP
2009-09-08, 07:58 PM
Jack is training nearby.

Dorizzit
2009-09-08, 08:04 PM
Damara

Damara wanders the halls of the Sixth Division compound, ensuring that everything is going smoothly. Those who know him well, or as close to well as anyone knows him, have noticed that he has been moving with a greater level of grace and serenity recently. He himself has been enjoying a quiet rapport with Shiro Hoshi since they had broken the final barriers between themselves.

Since ARC had set up practically in their back yard, the Sixth Squad had formed numerous connections to the American Reapers, particularly the rank and file soldiers. Damara himself was wary of the foreign spirits, but had stayed civil and personable towards them.

After a time, he decides to leave and wander the Sereitei for a while.

Shades of Gray
2009-09-08, 08:25 PM
Damara will see Libby. She should be recognizable as the person in charge of the ARC. She's looking at some small book as she walks. One might wonder why she hasn't crashed into anything.

Dorizzit
2009-09-08, 08:37 PM
When Damara crosses paths with Libby, he stops moving and bows deferentially to her.

"Commander."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-08, 08:42 PM
Libby looks behind her, expecting someone to be there. Oh, right. Morning, Captain... I don't think I've met you before. Libby says, putting her book away.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-08, 08:46 PM
Meanwhile, in a training field near Second Division, Captain Satoshi has just finished up another training session for the youngest member of his noble house.

"You're learning very quickly, Ami. That said, your biggest flaw is trying to incorporate some of the more advanced moves and tactics you've got stuck in your head. I'm not saying you should never use them, but...you've only had 2 weeks. You need to work out what your abilities and strengths are, and build up a layer of basic skill, before you go using the fancy stuff."

Satoshi has a very very light sheen of sweat on his forehead.

Ami's probably sweating heavily.

Dorizzit
2009-09-08, 08:53 PM
Damara blinks in surprise as Libby responds to him.

"Vice Captain. Damara Shishihara, of the 6th division. I helped coordinate the initial arrival of ARC's forces, and we met briefly then."

He taps his Vice Captain badge as he speaks.

strawberryman
2009-09-08, 08:55 PM
Ami's currently wearing something akin to Soi Fon's sleeveless/backless uniform. And is indeed looking fairly tired. A few bored shinigami have taken to watching Ami's training sessions from the roofs. I mean, she's just way too darn cute to not be oogled at. :smalltongue:

Ami waves innocently to them. Then looks back to Satoshi. "I'm sorry, Uncle Tsukami. Ami... Um. I'm trying." She sits, and catches her breath a little.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-08, 08:59 PM
"I'm not at all mad, Ami. In time, those moves and skills could be a game-breaker. I'm just trying to remind you of what you need to do right now. All factors considered, you're doing very well for two weeks. Frankly, you're still a ways off from being a full Academy graduate, let alone an unseated. But that will come in time. Come on, let's get you home."

He walks over to her, holding out a towel. While she wipes off her face, he sends a bit of a glare at the watchers. Overprotective uncle and all.

Shades of Gray
2009-09-08, 09:03 PM
Oh. Right. I knew that. Libby says, adjusting her window-shaped glasses. Thanks I guess. She yawns, she looks a bit tired.

strawberryman
2009-09-08, 09:08 PM
Ami stands up after cleaning herself. "Thank you... Um... Can we stop and get ice cream, Uncle Tsukami?" How could anyone say no to that face? :smallwink: She's got a hopeful look on her face, but is trying not to look like a dog begging for scraps.

The loitering Shinigami hightail it when Satoshi glares at them.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-08, 09:11 PM
Satoshi laughs.

"Sure. I'm a bit peckish myself."

He leads the two of them to the nearest place that serves ice cream, opening the door for his ninja niece.

strawberryman
2009-09-08, 10:03 PM
Ami perks up even more. "Yay!" She seems to have a second wind, as she shunpos around Satoshi all the way to the ice cream shop. She picks out a simple chocolate chip on a cone. On the way back, she slurps happily. "Thanks, Uncle Tsukami!"

KnightDisciple
2009-09-08, 10:21 PM
Satoshi's cone has more chocolate components than some mortals may think possible.

Maybe that's the secret to his speed.:smallwink:

"It's no problem Ami. It's not like you're in any danger from having an ice cream cone now and again. So, how's your schooling been? You've kept your scores up, haven't you?"

strawberryman
2009-09-08, 10:34 PM
"Yeah! It isn't easy for... me, but Ami doesn't want to make mommy and daddy or Uncle Tsukami sad or angry." Ami smiles, and keeps slurping.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-08, 10:37 PM
Satoshi nods a bit.

"Few things that are worthwhile are ever easy, Ami. Even I've had to work hard for most all of my skill; only my speed came somewhat naturally. As for why you're working hard...Those are good reasons. But I hope that, in time, you work hard because you want to excel. To be a good student. To learn and grow mentally, not just physically. An education broadens your mind, so that no matter what you do, you're better at it."

He winks at her.

"Plus, if your mom and dad are happy, I get to spoil you, and the consequences are much less severe."

Ganurath
2009-09-08, 11:49 PM
Taniko arrives at her office, finds the box, and opens it.

Mesuinu is pushing papers.

strawberryman
2009-09-08, 11:58 PM
Ami nods. "Okay, Uncle Tsukami. Ami will be more help if... I, um... Excel?" The last word is said with some uncertainty. But she still smiles at Satoshi.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 12:19 AM
Iwai drags himself slowly to the 4th Division, panting and tired from his month long training. But he had waited for the day Taniko was going to get out...not even two broken legs could keep him away. Though...if he did have two broken legs, he'd probably wind up at the 4th anyway... He knocks on the main offices door, sagging slightly.

Shades of Gray
2009-09-09, 06:42 AM
Taniko will find that it contains six pairs of toe-socks. And a note.

-Because of all the things Kil-J would be mad at you for, uniform shouldn't be one of them.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-09, 06:47 AM
Ami nods. "Okay, Uncle Tsukami. Ami will be more help if... I, um... Excel?" The last word is said with some uncertainty. But she still smiles at Satoshi.

He smiles one of those warm parental smiles.

"Yes, excel. That's the word you want. And essentially, yes. You'll be more help, and...one day, you'll look back, and thank yourself for working hard at an education. Trust me."

Dorizzit
2009-09-09, 07:35 AM
Oh. Right. I knew that. Libby says, adjusting her window-shaped glasses. Thanks I guess. She yawns, she looks a bit tired.

Damara remains impassive.

"I have no doubt. Are you looking for anything?"

Sucrose
2009-09-09, 07:50 AM
Meanwhile, Siegfried was waiting at First Division.

When a secretary's desk space opened up, he explained that he'd like to know the present status of his request for a grant to create a faster communication network for the Thirteenth Division. He'd asked about it to the Commander General himself, and had later filled out all the necessary paperwork.

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 11:38 AM
Taniko is laughing at the note was an NPC brings the exhausted Iwai into her office. Taniko perks a brow, then walks over at a notably brisk pace to give him a hug, glancing at the NPC. "Open door policy is going to be suspended for a bit."

The NPC nods, and departs.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 12:05 PM
Iwai slumps into a chair, smiling broadly, lazily drawing his tanto and humming.

"Whew...been a while since i've been in here...how is the outside world treating you?"

Suddenly, the room is filled with origami pinwheel fans.

H. Zee
2009-09-09, 01:47 PM
Ao, wherever he may be, will suddenly feel something appear in his pocket. A small, wooden tube, almost like one pipe from a set of panpipes.

It has a message rolled up inside.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 01:49 PM
Ao has, since he broke away from the issues of the Bount in Soul Society a month ago, still hanging around the 12th. He's only sat and monitored things for the time being, but that alone is probably worth something. He removes the scroll with a sigh, opening it up and reading its contents, knowing full well who its from

H. Zee
2009-09-09, 01:55 PM
It begins.

Go and find Greta. Try to convince her that the time has come. The time to take me down once and for all.

And when you have convinced her, and they set off on their little expedition to come and kill me, make sure you accompany them.

Destroy this note.

Yours faithfully,

Your friend.

Fillertext

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 01:59 PM
Ao barks a laugh, the air filling with the thick smell of ozone.

"Your friend? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Fine fine....slave though I be."

Ao leaps from a tall building, suddenly sparking under his feet as his fall is softened, the ground underneath him melting into pitted stone.

"OH GRETA!!!!"

Ao races off, well faster then is needed, going straight for the Bount Enclave, comming to a full stop at the door, opening it slowly and stepping in, smoothing back his hair and grinning broadly.

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 01:59 PM
Taniko smiles, examining the fans as she shares a seat with Iwai. "So far, it's been a breeze."

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 02:17 PM
Iwai flashs a broad smile, looping an arm around Taniko's shoulder

"You done with your paper work for the day? I sorta wanna...show you something. Real fast. We just need somewhere wide open."

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 02:37 PM
Taniko glances toward her desk. Other than the present, it had been apparently vacant. "Xavier seems to have taken care of today's papers himself. What did you have in mind?"

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 02:45 PM
Iwai leaps to his feet, clapping his hands and smiling warmly

"If you'll just follow me out to the courtyard...."

Iwai will make a grab for her hand, and try to pull her excitedly to the courtyard of the 4th Division, if she allows. She might also note the paper fans seem to fly through the air behind them, giving off a soft whirring noise. If they reach the courtyard with no issue, Iwai will let go of Taniko and walk a fair bit off and away from her.

"My training...paid off. Shirubaru is a great teacher...even though I think he was really trying to kill me for the first few weeks. But I thought you should be the second to see this. Bankai."

The paper windmills will suddenly brush past Taniko, covering Iwai in a massive spinning pillar of red paper, as the wind picks up, so does their spinning untill the whole surface seems to writhe and undulate like a massive red pillar of grass in a wind storm. The color slowly leechs out of the paper, the area suddenly filling with Iwai's menacing reiatsu, it slowly creeps through out the whole courtyard, like a fell mist. And suddenly, the paper grows and forms into a massive white beast, like a giant two story tall mongoose, filling the courtyard with its body as it tries its best to remain contained. The beasts face is a massive skull, its thin and lean body the form of the perfect killing machine. From its shoulders and back, massive spines sprout, hanging off them are a series of prayer charms. Writing scrolls across its surface, strange and dead languages, kanji, and other mortal words forming the apperance of ink black fur, white paper flesh only flashing under the torrent every now and then.

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 02:50 PM
Taniko perks a brow. "...Wow. It only took you a month? Remind me to compliment Shirubaru's ability to teach... After I give him a kick in the shin for trying to kill you."

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 02:53 PM
"Give or take ya..I was training to do it before Shirubaru agreed to teach me...but that was only a few days. I had the knowledge all ready...I just couldn't...connect with Izuna all that well. But Shirubaru is a great teacher. Though if you do kick him in the shins, I wanna be there to see it."

The beast simply shifts, trying to get comfortable.

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 02:56 PM
Taniko lets out a quick laugh, then gestures toward the origamongoose. "You may want to seal her up. The reiatsu may set off false alarms with someone, and it doesn't look like Izunu's very comfortable."

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 03:02 PM
Iwai nods, the paper suddenly breaking apart as if struck, flowing into Iwai's scabbard in a white torrent. His reiatsu also dies down instantly. Iwai's grin couldn't grow wider

"Surprised?"

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 03:03 PM
Taniko nods, hustling up close to Iwai to give him a congratulatory hug. "I suppose I shouldn't be, but yes. Odds are you're going to advance to a seated position quickly enough."

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 03:07 PM
Iwai nods, hugging back

"That shouldn't be to bad should it? I mean, the 5th is sorta...not all that managed anymore. We do our duties and well...the acting Captain isn't around much it seems. So we all just regulate as it comes...I've sorta been slacking because of the lax attitude...but i'm sure if I become a seated my work load would increase... Or I could just make other people do my work for me."

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 03:14 PM
Taniko perks a brow. "What sort of seated would you be if you just dumped your work on your subordinates?"

Mesuinu stares at the paperwork in front of her.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 03:17 PM
Iwai runs a hand through his hair, laughing weakly

"A bad one...and a lazy one. But the current seated seem to do it. I'm just lucky most of the people don't bother me...helped alot when it came to training every possible hour..."

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 03:19 PM
Taniko smiles, slowly pulling herself out of the hug. "You should probably go set a better example, then. I've got a month of everything to catch up on in the meantime."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-09, 03:59 PM
Libby shrugs her head. Nope. Just wandering, it's sort of dull around here, no offense. Libby says, frowning slightly.

Dorizzit
2009-09-09, 04:09 PM
Damara nods levelly.

"None taken. This brief respite from Toho's forces and the Olympians has been pleasant, but I can imagine that it would be rather dull. I...wouldn't know. I find myself nearly incapable of boredom. I wouldn't worry too much. It's never quiet for too long."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-09, 04:15 PM
You're probably right. She says moving her hair out of her eyes. Have any suggestions for something to take up my time?

Dorizzit
2009-09-09, 05:04 PM
Damara shrugs slowly.

"I am afraid that I have little knowledge of such matters. If you don't have any hobbies, now would be a good time to get one."

H. Zee
2009-09-09, 05:07 PM
Shirubaru and Adrian are checking in on the last of Shirubaru's 1720 victims. Shiru is knocking on the door of a little tin-roofed shack in one of the more poverty-stricken areas of the slums.

The door is opened by a sullen-looking teenage boy with dark circles around his eyes. Further inside the shack, a baby's wail can be heard.

Shiro Poriro? says Shirubaru.

"S'me," says the boy suspiciously. "Been here a month and I still don't know how this place works. You someone important?"

Could say that, admits Shirubaru. I'm the guy who killed you.

The boy flinches back, gives a little gasp, and then slams the door.

Sh**. The door doesn't even have a lock. Shirubaru opens it and walks in, apologising profusely, but the boy just cowers in the corner.

"Demon!" spits the boy. "You killed my parents too! I saw you! All... white and demonic!"

I can find your parents for you, sighs Shirubaru. I'm so sorry. I just wan to put things right. You hurt inside, right? It's a hurt that won't go away, much as you want it to. I know the feeling. Honestly.

The boy's weeping now, but he looks angry at himself for doing so. His crinkled face is blotched and defiant. "Get out of my house."

Adrian, says Shirubaru, turning away shame-facedly. Help him.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-09, 05:14 PM
"Ugh...the expenses are crippling from that beach trip, I didn't exactly get the membership influx I was hoping for either." Tai grumbles, looking over the bills from the SWA last drive to get more members and events going. It didn't help that most all of the members were close to broke half the time or that Tai had to pay for it out of her own pocket.

"Ugh..I'm sick and tired of this stupid paper-work. I wonder if Vince is up to anything, he always seems to be up for a laugh." The woman grumbles, leaving her office with more then a little bit of relief. For close to a month she had been busy with something or another and her liver was complaining about the distinct lack of liquor to process.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-09, 05:54 PM
Taniko smiles, slowly pulling herself out of the hug. "You should probably go set a better example, then. I've got a month of everything to catch up on in the meantime."

Iwai sighs, nodding

"Alright alright...i'll see you tonight then."

With that, he gives Taniko another quick hug, and shunpo's off. To do paper work.

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 06:32 PM
Iwai sighs, nodding

"Alright alright...i'll see you tonight then."

With that, he gives Taniko another quick hug, and shunpo's off. To do paper work.Taniko hugs back, having meant set a good example as a seated officer. She then heads to her office to get the standard sock-and-sandal affair using the toed sandals Xavier got her. She then proceeds to play catch-up with her squad.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-09, 07:43 PM
He smiles one of those warm parental smiles.

"Yes, excel. That's the word you want. And essentially, yes. You'll be more help, and...one day, you'll look back, and thank yourself for working hard at an education. Trust me."

Finally, Satoshi and Ami arrive at the Honoka's new home. Rather than an apartment, they have a modest house on the grounds Satoshi had acquired for House Satoshi.

"Well, here we go, Ami. Though, I did want to ask...I recall you spending a bit of time with one of those mortal friends of Shirubaru. That boy...what was his name? Anyways. You ever hear from him after that day?"

strawberryman
2009-09-09, 07:53 PM
Ami shakes her head. "Tyler. Um... No... Ami, erm, I wanted to, but mommy, and daddy said it'd be hard. Um... I wanted to visit." She blushes a little and shuffles her feet.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-09, 07:57 PM
Ami shakes her head. "Tyler. Um... No... Ami, erm, I wanted to, but mommy, and daddy said it'd be hard. Um... I wanted to visit." She blushes a little and shuffles her feet.

Satoshi frowned in thought.

On the one hand, he had protective feelings roughly equal to Katashi towards Ami. On the other, he knew Tyler well enough to know the young man was truly decent. Just...a teenage boy. He also realized Ami wouldn't be "un-growing" from her current age.

Time to make the decision Greta would be happier with.

"Hm. So, would you still like to? Visit, that is? And maybe write letters or some such?"

strawberryman
2009-09-09, 08:23 PM
"C-could I?" Ami looks up, smiling.

The door then opens quite suddenly. It's Mayu. "Oh, hello, Satoshi. Done with her training?" She's wearing a elegant floral kimono, and is looking a lot more lively than a month ago. She gives a wink and smile to Satoshi, indicating she was up to date on the conversation.

"Hi, Mommy."

KnightDisciple
2009-09-09, 08:29 PM
Satoshi smiled a bit.

"Oh, mostly. I do think we need one more shorter session this afternoon, though. Something to work on her target skills with thrown weapons. You don't need to worry about a hard workout; it should only be 30 minutes or so. Afterwards, I can take her shopping, perhaps? I'm sure she needs something, maybe more school supplies or books? I'm sure you and Katashi would be fine with an afternoon off. Relax or some such."

He gives Mayu a wink of his own.

"Also, I think I'll look into getting you all some more stuff for the house. Maybe some of the new communication gear that's been developed."

He gives both ladies a wink now.

strawberryman
2009-09-09, 08:39 PM
"That sounds fine. Katashi was going to give Ami a painting lesson today, but it should be finished by the afternoon."

"That would be wonderful." Mayu smiles.

Ami bows to Satoshi. "Thank you, Uncle Tsukami. I'll see you later!" She smiles and waves as Mayu brings her in and closes the door.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-09, 08:40 PM
Satoshi smiles at the two of them, then heads off back for 2nd Division HQ.

He needed to arrange some things.

DoomITP
2009-09-09, 10:58 PM
Jack can be found training his first release.

Edge
2009-09-10, 02:45 AM
Shirubaru and Adrian are checking in on the last of Shirubaru's 1720 victims. Shiru is knocking on the door of a little tin-roofed shack in one of the more poverty-stricken areas of the slums.

The door is opened by a sullen-looking teenage boy with dark circles around his eyes. Further inside the shack, a baby's wail can be heard.

Shiro Poriro? says Shirubaru.

"S'me," says the boy suspiciously. "Been here a month and I still don't know how this place works. You someone important?"

Could say that, admits Shirubaru. I'm the guy who killed you.

The boy flinches back, gives a little gasp, and then slams the door.

Sh**. The door doesn't even have a lock. Shirubaru opens it and walks in, apologising profusely, but the boy just cowers in the corner.

"Demon!" spits the boy. "You killed my parents too! I saw you! All... white and demonic!"

I can find your parents for you, sighs Shirubaru. I'm so sorry. I just wan to put things right. You hurt inside, right? It's a hurt that won't go away, much as you want it to. I know the feeling. Honestly.

The boy's weeping now, but he looks angry at himself for doing so. His crinkled face is blotched and defiant. "Get out of my house."

Adrian, says Shirubaru, turning away shame-facedly. Help him.

Adrián nods, approaches the boy and kneels, a gentle smile playing across his lips.

"Hey there. I'm Adrián, and I'm here to help you if you want it. If you want, I can help you with your memories of the day that Shirubaru's inner demon killed you and your family. I can't take them away, and I wouldn't even if I could, as they're part of what makes you you, and I'm not one for ruining self-identity. But I can make the pain ebb away. It will probably never go completely, as Shirubaru said, but I can make it hurt less. I don't want anything in return, I just want to help. That okay with you?"

Shiro gives a slight nod. Adrián's smile widens slightly.

"Okay. You just need to keep still for a moment."

Adrián closes his eyes, and begins whispering a phrase in a language no-one in the room, Adrián included, understands. It was just what came naturally, and Adrián suspected that Hulàmdim was somehow involved.

"Úsùgur Limará, Hulim."

He begins repeating the phrase slowly and pointedly, raising his left palm to Shiro's chest. The teenager's eyes close, and look of relaxation begins to spread across his face as an increasing orb of green reiryoku begins forming in a sphere at the centre of Adrián's palm. After several minutes, Shiro's eyes open, and he gasps, before starting to slump to the floor. A light smile forms on Adrián's face, but it turns into a wince as the sphere of reiryoku enters his palm. He stands slowly.

"Well, there it is, Shirubaru-san. The last one is done."

horngeek
2009-09-10, 09:16 AM
Meanwhile, Siegfried was waiting at First Division.

When a secretary's desk space opened up, he explained that he'd like to know the present status of his request for a grant to create a faster communication network for the Thirteenth Division. He'd asked about it to the Commander General himself, and had later filled out all the necessary paperwork.

The request was approved, using some of the reserve funds in Seretei's coffers.

Along with instructions that it was to be implemented for all of Seretei, but 13th gets priority.

Sucrose
2009-09-10, 09:33 AM
((Thanks much!))

Siegfried smiles happily, nods, and heads out. He sends a Hell Butterfly to Kinkuzo relating the budget increase for the sake of the reiatsu-powered cell phones, adding that, if possible, he'd like for there to be a "panic mode" which would alert all carriers within a mile of the user of their need for help, along with all the functions that Kinkuzo had already designed. This, he stressed, was not something that should be worked on before the first design was being scaled up to full production.

He then heads out to the last of the obstacles to his design. The cynic to his idealist. The watchdog of the Seireitei, whose very job description demanded that he interfere with Siegfried's plans to better look over the Mortal World. He knocked on his nemesis's door.

"Kiljaeran-taicho? I need to speak with you."

Anyr
2009-09-10, 09:57 AM
From within the office came a noise which sounded suspiciously like someone yawning while their face was still pressed against a pile of papers. Apparently the massive sleep debt he'd incurred was catching up with the captain of the 8th Division. After another yawn Kiljaeran composed himself and found his voice.

"Come in, captain Siegfried. I don't really need to ask why you're here, but hope springs eternal. For the sake of my sanity please tell me that, just for once, you're just coming to talk about the new phones..."

Sucrose
2009-09-10, 10:18 AM
Have I truly been that irritating?

Siegfried slips into the office.

"Well, we could talk about that, I suppose. I've gotten confirmation that we'll have a superior communications network set up soon. It will include all divisions, though the 13th will get priority. I'm very much looking forward to it..."

As he prattles, Siegfried watches Kiljaeran-taicho's face, trying to get a feel for just how frayed the other captain's mental health was at the moment.

Anyr
2009-09-10, 10:36 AM
It didn't take a trained psychologist to see that Kiljaeran was reaching the end of his tether. Over the past month his mood had gradually worsened as problems and demands piled up relentlessly. He spent almost all his time now either walking through Seireitei plugging leaks or locked in seclusion with mountains of papers. All of this had almost destroyed what little patience he had, so that even Siegfried's polite interruptions were becoming hard to bear without loss of temper. In short, Kiljaeran was definitely not at his best.

He listened to the other captain's babbling with little interest, knowing full well that it was just intended as white noise before the real event. He tapped his fingers on the desk and started flipping through papers as he waited for it to end.

Sucrose
2009-09-10, 10:47 AM
Siegfried's rambling slowly comes to a stop. He sighs.

"All right. Kiljaeran-taicho, I thought it would be appropriate to let you know that the Commander General has approved my request to permit Isara Wessmer into the Seireitei. Since I know that you still cannot accept the risk, I wished to know what areas you insist upon being Wessmer-free. I wish to offer her a place as soon as possible, as she has already been attacked once by the Templarios, and I'd rather not have such further incursions in the middle of J City."

He grips his seat's armrests, and waits for the fireworks.

H. Zee
2009-09-10, 10:53 AM
"Well, there it is, Shirubaru-san. The last one is done."

Shirubaru breathes a deep, long sigh of relief.

Thank you, Adrian, he says with feeling. You've been... well, vital to me this past month. Without your efforts, I don't know how I could have atoned.

He takes a packet of cigarettes from his robes and offers one to Adrian. Cigarette?

Anyr
2009-09-10, 11:09 AM
There was a moment of silence as Kiljaeran visibly collected himself. The news wasn't exactly unexpected, but it was still just as bad whether anticipated or not. He took a few deep breaths and then spoke.

"Of course it was approved...Assuming that restricting her to Rukongai isn't an option, keeping her away from all of the main Divisional buildings would be a good start. In fact, anywhere that requires even low security clearance should be out of bounds; Make sure that she sees nothing that we wouldn't want the Espada to know about. Ideally she should be assigned to work in the world of the living as much as possible, with Seireitei only acting as living quarters and meeting grounds. And naturally, she'll be assigned an escort from the 8th to follow her while she's here."

Sucrose
2009-09-10, 11:31 AM
Siegfried listens attentively, careful to note anything that might be too objectionable. After the listing, he nods.

"I... think that can be done, Kiljaeran-taicho. I had planned on hosting her in the rebuilt 13th barracks; do you have any objections to this? The patrol leaders have spoken well of her assistance, and come to share my opinion that she does, in fact, regret her actions as an Espada, so they should be more comfortable with her than just about any other group. I will tell her that the division headquarters are off-limits. The escort I leave to you."

Edge
2009-09-10, 11:39 AM
Shirubaru breathes a deep, long sigh of relief.

Thank you, Adrian, he says with feeling. You've been... well, vital to me this past month. Without your efforts, I don't know how I could have atoned.

He takes a packet of cigarettes from his robes and offers one to Adrian. Cigarette?

"My pleasure Shirubaru-san."

He looks at the cigarette for moment.

"Thank you for the offer, but I don't smoke."

Adrián steps out of the house.

"Well... now what?"

H. Zee
2009-09-10, 11:54 AM
Shorubaru follows Adrian, a cigarette jutting from the corner of his mouth.

Well, he says. You've been making some good progress on the reiatsu-hiding front. Very good, in fact. But I need to work out one thing in order to be fully confident in your abilities. Can you maintain hiding your reiatsu even when in fierce combat?

That takes a lot of concentratiuon and skill, and if you can pull it off, I have every faith in your future ability and I think there'll be nothing more for me to teach you.

Not to mention being proud of you, I have to admit.

Shirubaru drops the cigarette and stubs it out. So. Shall we begin?

And without further ado, he aims a massive uppercut to Adrian's stomach.

Anyr
2009-09-10, 12:00 PM
Siegfried listens attentively, careful to note anything that might be too objectionable. After the listing, he nods.

"I... think that can be done, Kiljaeran-taicho. I had planned on hosting her in the rebuilt 13th barracks; do you have any objections to this? The patrol leaders have spoken well of her assistance, and come to share my opinion that she does, in fact, regret her actions as an Espada, so they should be more comfortable with her than just about any other group. I will tell her that the division headquarters are off-limits. The escort I leave to you."

On hearing Siegfried's vote of confidence for the newcomer, Kiljaeran stood and put on an obviously false expression of surprise and remorse.

"Well, if the troops speak well of her and think that she's changed then that's different. After all, it's not like a member of the Espada could act convincingly enough to fool the entire Gotei 13 into thinking that they were decent for so long..."

He walked to the door, but stopped at the threshold and snapped his fingers as if just remembering something. This was one of his favourite sarcastic moves, and he never got tired of doing it.

"Oh wait, they already did! The Tercera, one of the most bloodthirsty and horrific of them all, managed to do exactly that only a few months ago! Let's make one thing clear: If a mindless psychopath like that was able to pull the wool over their eyes for so long, then the opinion of your troops about this woman is completely worthless. Now stop acting like an idiot and get her separate quarters well away from the barracks."

Sucrose
2009-09-10, 12:16 PM
Siegfried winces, then takes the motion toward the door as a cue (or at least an opportunity) to get the hell out. As he's leaving, he stops in the door, and says,

"As you wish; I'll see Taniko about that. For the record, she's decidedly higher-profile than the Tercera was. It'd be much harder for her to hide her true nature. Perhaps you can meet her at some time; I imagine you'd be able to tell if she'd done things that she couldn't remember."

Just before leaving, he hesitates, and turns.

"Incidentally, Kiljaeran-taicho, are you holding up all right? My Division is running fairly smoothly at this point: if necessary, I could have Chie help you out. She's truly astounding with logistical work."

Edge
2009-09-10, 12:39 PM
Shirubaru drops the cigarette and stubs it out. So. Shall we begin?

And without further ado, he aims a massive uppercut to Adrian's stomach.

"Wai-"

Before he can finish speaking, Adrián's sense of self-preservation kicks in, and he flips away from the blow. Upon landing, he quickly regains his balance and sighs.

"Fine."

He edges towards Shirubaru, his stance ready for an incoming attack. Then, seemingly from nowhere, he goes on the offensive with an upwards kick aimed at Shirubaru's chin.

Anyr
2009-09-10, 12:42 PM
"A higher profile just means that she's a better actor than the Tercera, which quite frankly isn't difficult. And yes, a meeting with her would be most welcome."

Siegfried's parting offer was received with a shake of the head and a deep sigh.

"Why does everyone keep asking me if I'm all right lately? Thank you for the offer, but it's not necessary. I already have a few people lined up to step in if things become overwhelming."

Most people who had seen Darius Kiljaeran's current state would have thought that the situation had passed 'overwhelming' some time ago. Apparently the 8th Division captain didn't agree.

Sucrose
2009-09-10, 02:06 PM
Siegfried shakes his head and smiles slightly.

"Do take care of yourself, Kiljaeran-taicho. I'm well aware of the risk I'm taking: your caution keeps naive fools like me and Taniko from getting us overrun. See you around."

With that, Siegfried heads to Fourth Division, and asks the nearest receptionist to let Taniko-taicho know that he wishes to speak with her as soon as possible.

H. Zee
2009-09-10, 02:22 PM
"Wai-"

Before he can finish speaking, Adrián's sense of self-preservation kicks in, and he flips away from the blow. Upon landing, he quickly regains his balance and sighs.

"Fine."

He edges towards Shirubaru, his stance ready for an incoming attack. Then, seemingly from nowhere, he goes on the offensive with an upwards kick aimed at Shirubaru's chin.

Shirubaru leans backwards out of the way, attempting to clamp both of his big Hollow-esque hands around Adrian's foot and then twist his leg round, hopefully spinning the rest of Adrian as well and sending him sprawling to the floor.

Reiatsu is harder to hide when you get enraged, says Shirubaru calmly as he does so. It tends to spike.

It should be noted Shirubaru's reiatsu is entirely invisible.

Edge
2009-09-10, 02:32 PM
Shirubaru leans backwards out of the way, attempting to clamp both of his big Hollow-esque hands around Adrian's foot and then twist his leg round, hopefully spinning the rest of Adrian as well and sending him sprawling to the floor.

Reiatsu is harder to hide when you get enraged, says Shirubaru calmly as he does so. It tends to spike.

It should be noted Shirubaru's reiatsu is entirely invisible.

Adrián's foot is grabbed, and does hit the floor, but before he does so, he uses the rotation to attempt to bring his other foot into contact with the side of Shirubaru's head. Afterwards, he hits the ground, rolls backward and flips back up.

"Good thing I don't plan on getting enraged, then. I just mildly annoyed that I've been forced into a fight."

He crouches and jumps, landing on the air above.

"I don't know how far you planned to take this, but we might as well do it away from any civilians, right?"

Anyr
2009-09-10, 02:49 PM
Kiljaeran watched Siegfried depart before walking away in the opposite direction. Annoying as it was, it had been a good job that this meeting had taken place; If it hadn't then he'd have still been dozing in his office instead of doing something useful. There was far too much work left unfinished to spend any time on luxuries like sleep. Besides, a former Espada would soon be arriving in Seireitei, and it was very important to see that she received a proper welcome.

Fan
2009-09-10, 04:02 PM
"Ugh...the expenses are crippling from that beach trip, I didn't exactly get the membership influx I was hoping for either." Tai grumbles, looking over the bills from the SWA last drive to get more members and events going. It didn't help that most all of the members were close to broke half the time or that Tai had to pay for it out of her own pocket.

"Ugh..I'm sick and tired of this stupid paper-work. I wonder if Vince is up to anything, he always seems to be up for a laugh." The woman grumbles, leaving her office with more then a little bit of relief. For close to a month she had been busy with something or another and her liver was complaining about the distinct lack of liquor to process.

Vince can be found in the 10th division headquarters, actually doing paper work *GASP*, a duty he usually shoves on his Vice Captain Lian, but Lian had been woefully absent as of late, leaving him with a pile of nessecary requsitions, and namely the annoying process of getting a feasible vegetarian diet in the pantries of the 10th division.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 06:58 PM
Satoshi, having made some initial arrangements, comes to the ARC enclave next to 6th Division.

After confirming who he was with the guards, he was escorted inside to meet with Gunnery Sergeant Wilson, who was busy considering some maps.

"Sergeant. Good to meet you again."

"You as well, Captain. How can I assist you?"

"Well, I actually have a favor to ask...I've taken to understand your technology base is less...eclectic...than ours, on the whole. I also understand you have some rather nice laptops. Ones that allow 2-way communication, perhaps?"

"We do. Your 12th Division refused specs or anything else for them. Something about being more intelligent and advanced, and not needing our help. And yes, they do allow for 2-way video chat over long distances."

"Across dimensions, between here and the Mortal World as well?"

"...Yes."

"And maybe some sort of cell phone setup that can do the same?"

"Again, yes. I've got such a phone myself. Where is this going?"

"I'd like to request...3 such laptops, and 4 such phones. If possible. I can likely give monetary compensation, try to dig up some supplies, or simply have it count as a favor redeemable at a later date."

"Hm. Let me see...Yes. I believe we can manage that from our stock. And let's put them down on paper as being "diplomatic gifts", and say we'll hold out for the favors. I'll include the user manuals for them as well."

"Very good, very good. Actually, could you have them delivered to this address after this time? That would be even better. It's meant to be a surprise for my niece at least, and her parents as well."

"Niece...oh, right. Ami, wasn't it? And no problem, Captain."

"Yes, that's her. And it was a pleasure doing business with you. Good day."

"Good day to you as well."

Satoshi walks out of the ARC compound, smirking the whole way. Now to swing by, pick up Ami, go by the target grounds for a bit, then hit the Gate.

He was soon at the house, knocking on the door.

"Hello? It's Satoshi. I'm here to take Ami to target practice, then help her shop for school supplies and such."

strawberryman
2009-09-10, 07:13 PM
The door slides open after a few moments. Mayu smiles to Satoshi as Ami passes through the door, in a more standard set of shinigami robes. Though it's still sleeveless. "Hi again, Uncle Tsukami!" The girl grins widely.

"Have fun, you two, do try to bring her back at a reasonable hour." Mayu walks over and hugs Ami, holding a piece of paper behind the girls back, out to Satoshi, with a smirk.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 07:18 PM
"Hi again, Ami. And of course I will, Mayu. I'm a pillar of morality and responsibility. You know I'll do nothing less than keep her safe, and be nothing less than a shining example."

He discretely grabs the paper, pocketing it for a moment. He gives her a similar smirk, as well as a wink. She in turn receives a piece of paper as well. Satoshi mouths 'Read it after we're gone.'

"Come on, Ami. I've not devoted much time to target practice for you, and it really is a good skill to have."

He begins walking towards the intended practice range, one that's currently not in use except by the two of them. If nothing else, it should reduce the number of oglers of Ami.

When Mayu opens the note, it will read:

Mayu, Katashi. I thought you two and Ami needed some more modern gear in your lives, so that you can perhaps keep in touch somewhat with old friends and family in the mortal world. I'm having 2 laptops and 3 cell phones delivered to your house while I'm gone with Ami. They're from the ARC, so while they won't be as...flashy...as something from our own 12th, they'll be more standardized and easily usable. The laptops can do video chat, and have the ability to access the Internet and such in the mortal world. The phones can talk to anyone in the mortal world, and most any similar devices in Soul Society and such. They'll have user's manuals. Back later. I'll keep an eye on Ami. Satoshi

strawberryman
2009-09-10, 08:04 PM
Honokas/Mayu

Mayu waves the two off, then opens the note. She smiles sadly after reading it... Their family back in the world of the living probably thought they were dead. And they'd be partly right! The apartment complex they lived in was massively damaged by the fight between Satoshi and Nukari, after all. Oh, well... The gesture was nice, anyway.

The tired mother closes the door and heads back into the house to show the note to Katashi.

Ami

Ami skips and smiles along the way, waving to random passerby. Her tail is wagging ecstatically.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 08:08 PM
After a short time, they arrived at the target range. On a table were an assortment of thrown weapons: traditional shuriken, razor discs, throwing knives, and even a few odd looking pellets.

"We're going to go over the use of all of these today, Ami. We'll use up the stock here on the table before we go on our next errand. Which will, in fact, be a surprise for you. If you do really well, I might treat you to ice cream, or something else of your choice, when we go to the surprise errand. Now. Begin with whichever weapon type you prefer. Right now you're going for accuracy. Increase speed as it feels comfortable."

There's perhaps a dozen of each item on the table. It shouldn't take very long to throw them all, which might seem odd to Ami; practice should take longer than the few minutes this will likely consume.

strawberryman
2009-09-10, 08:47 PM
"A surprise...!?" Ami's eyes widen. She doesn't even consider the oddity of the situation, as she picks up a few tools and gets to work. Her accuracy is fairly high... In the circular targets, she gets a couple bullseyes, but most of the projectiles sit just outside the center. A few humanoid targets have projectiles stuck into what would be extremely vital areas on a real target.

Three shinigami sit on a roof overlooking the target range. They have pretty much always showed for the wolf-girls training sessions... One would almost think they were stalking her or something.

A thin, pale-looking 3rd squad unseated twiddles his thumbs while watching Ami. "S-she really is c-cute, isn't she... And talented, too... I mean, Satoshi-taichou has been training her..."

((Knight's going to be taking another one of these, the third is open to anyone who wants to. Just a minor NPC. Only minor plot relevance to Ami, which will make itself apparent fairly soon.))

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 08:52 PM
The second was an 8th squadder. He had a slightly weasel-like air about him. His face was scrunched up in a strange mix of distaste and fascination.

"Eh. Yeah, she's fine looking, but she doesn't seem that good. I don't know why a Captain would waste his time with her, family or no. I agree with Kiljaeran-taicho; Captain Satoshi handles his priorities poorly. He shouldn't bother with a little girl. He should train the rest of us before he trains her. I mean, it's not like she'll do much good in a fight."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-10, 08:53 PM
A very depressed looking 7th division member (which seems rare) watches the training from behind her thick glasses. I wish I could be trained by Satoshi-Taichou.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 08:55 PM
The 8th-squadder gives her a look of pity and contempt mixed.

"You sure you aren't wishing for something else besides training? You know he's tied up with that Bount woman."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-10, 08:59 PM
She looks at the 8th squadder, a little surprised, not realizing she'd spoken out loud. O-f course not. It's just that Tai's training is a little too... violent. And involving explosives. She says, adjusting her glasses. She resumes watching the training.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 09:02 PM
"I don't know about the violence levels, but he throws explosions around with the best of them. That's what I mean about this little wolfgirl. He's going easy on her. I'm not even in his squad, but I know the reputation their training has. This girl might eventually be good enough at fighting for 12th, 4th, or some such. But for 2nd? No way."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-10, 09:07 PM
Oh, don't be so hard on her. She's still a kid. She's probably gonna be twice the fighter I'll ever be. She says, sighing. One might wonder how this depressed and quiet person was put into 7th division. She asks herself that every day. And even if she doesn't, at least the ears are cute.

strawberryman
2009-09-10, 09:07 PM
Ami just seems to be ignoring the peanut gallery, throwing a bit lackadaisically, but still managing to be pretty accurate.

"...Yeah, but... Didn't you hear, when she was just a little girl she just about destroyed a 1st Division Library building, and even beat Satoshi-taichou in a sparring match!" The mousy 3rd squadder smiles and blushes. "Ami-chan really is perfect... too perfect for me, though." He sighs.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 09:14 PM
Satoshi's logging what he does hear, though they're far enough away he's only catching bits and pieces.

"You're doing very well, Ami. Let's finish up with these pellets here. I've brought 3 sets of 4 pellets. The first set is a mere distraction; they produce light, sound, and smoke. Your goal with these would be to hit somewhere on or near the head, or precisely between two or more enemies. The second set is acid, strong enough to go through many types of armor, as well as flesh. The last is a simple explosive. Mix and match your throws as you please."

Meanwhile, with stalker-squad...

"Oh please. That's pure exaggeration. I read the official reports; she just gnawed a couple of books, and tipped over exactly 1 shelf. And she evaded him for a few seconds in a hyperactive game of hide and seek."

He then smacks the 3rd squadder upside the head.

"And stop that. She's just a mutated mortal; a mongrel in every sense of the word. Her, and that whole House Satoshi nonsense. I mean, a Vizard, Bount, a couple of older mortals, and her? It's a freak show, I tell you."

Shades of Gray
2009-09-10, 09:27 PM
She's about to say something, but gives up on it. Fine, you have a point. And then Satoshi gets to the explosives. Well that's... similar. Does any captain not use explosives for training?

strawberryman
2009-09-10, 09:44 PM
Ami nods, taking up the smoke pellets first. She aims and manages three head hits on the humanoid targets, then one between the two on the stand. After that, she picks up the acid and explosive pellets, alternating between the eight for the targets. Which, upon finishing, leads to the humanoid targets being chewed out pretty good.

She bows to Satoshi when she's finished. "Did I do a good job, Uncle Tsukami?"

The 3rd squadder flinches and nearly falls off the roof when he's hit. "Ow, cut it out..." He rubs the back of his head. He can't think of a rebuttal.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 09:48 PM
Satoshi formally bows back. As he straightens, there's a smile on his face.

"You did a splendid job, Ami. Now, let's get moving. I still have to get you to your surprise."

Satoshi then begins walking off, pausing if Ami doesn't catch up immediately.

Before long, they're standing in front of a Senkai Gate. There is a gigai waiting for Satoshi.

He turns to face Ami, a slightly impish grin on his face.

"You remember how I asked you earlier if you'd like to visit this Timmy boy, or whatever his name was?"

The mischievous glint in his eyes means he's messing up the name on purpose.

Shades of Gray
2009-09-10, 10:10 PM
7th squadder sighs. Do you think we'll be able to follow them into the mortal world? She asks, expecting the worst. She's a "glass half empty" sort of person.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 10:11 PM
"Why do you want to? They're not training or anything. Probably going to consort with measly mortals. Again."

strawberryman
2009-09-10, 10:18 PM
Ami's eyes widen. "Are we going to see Tyler!?" The wolfgirl jumps onto Satoshi for a hug. "Thank you, Uncle Tsukami!" After a few seconds, she backs up and bows. "Um, ready!" She's smiling, and her tail is wagging ecstatically.

The 3rd squadder sighs. "P-probably not... Even t-though we don't really have m-much to d-do, we can't just waltz t-to the World of t-the Living j-just like t-that..." ...The stutter isn't new, I just wanted him to have one, and forgot part way. Anyway, he just sort of observes from afar.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-10, 10:23 PM
(OOC:FYI, internets are acting funky. Will keep trying to post for a bit. If I suddenly fully deadtime, that's why.)

Satoshi laughs.

"Yes Ami. We're going to see Tyler. Just let me hop in the gigai."

He does so, and they then go through the Gate.

8th Squad just snorts. "Good riddance. Come on. We should get back to our duties." He turns and leaves the gate area.

-To Mortal World with Ami and Satoshi!-

Shades of Gray
2009-09-10, 10:23 PM
She nods. Of course. She says, feeling stupid. She somehow manages to half-shuffle, half-shunpo away.

H. Zee
2009-09-11, 04:44 AM
Adrián's foot is grabbed, and does hit the floor, but before he does so, he uses the rotation to attempt to bring his other foot into contact with the side of Shirubaru's head. Afterwards, he hits the ground, rolls backward and flips back up.

"Good thing I don't plan on getting enraged, then. I just mildly annoyed that I've been forced into a fight."

He crouches and jumps, landing on the air above.

"I don't know how far you planned to take this, but we might as well do it away from any civilians, right?"

The foot hits Shirubaru on the shoulder with a meaty thwack, as he lifts his arm and rolls his head out of the way. He then looks up at Adrian, grinning.

And this coming from someone who didn't want to fight? You do realise this means we can actually get serious? Shirubaru laughs. More than fine by me, Adrian. Come on.

He shunpo's away, leaping from building to building, heading out to the blasted and ravaged, almost hellish, landscape which had once been a forest before the fight between him and Abishai. Shiru lands in the battlefield, and waits for Adrian to follow.

Ao barks a laugh, the air filling with the thick smell of ozone.

"Your friend? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Fine fine....slave though I be."

Ao leaps from a tall building, suddenly sparking under his feet as his fall is softened, the ground underneath him melting into pitted stone.

"OH GRETA!!!!"

Ao races off, well faster then is needed, going straight for the Bount Enclave, comming to a full stop at the door, opening it slowly and stepping in, smoothing back his hair and grinning broadly.

Greta walks into view, with Hot Librarian-esque glasses on and a book held in one hand. One of her fingers is trapped between the pages to mark her place.

Ao? she asks. Is something wrong?

Edge
2009-09-11, 04:49 AM
Adrián sonidos after Shirubaru.

"I'd have thought you'd have understood wanting to reduce collateral damage, Shirubaru."

((Question, is this forest still out in the Rukongai, or is it in Seireitei proper?))

H. Zee
2009-09-11, 05:15 AM
Adrián sonidos after Shirubaru.

"I'd have thought you'd have understood wanting to reduce collateral damage, Shirubaru."

((Question, is this forest still out in the Rukongai, or is it in Seireitei proper?))

{{Out in the Rukongai, but far away from anyone who can get hurt.}}

Of course I do. When I challenged you to a fight I just thought we were going to get in a good and old-fashioned street brawl. No powers, no collateral damage, just punching and kicking - it'd have worked just as well to test your skills hiding your reiatsu in combat.

Shirubaru grins. But if you want to get serious, then, well, I'm not complaining.

He draws his unreleased sword, swinging it experimentally. I'm 11th Squad, Adrian. When we spar, it's kinda hard to tell it apart from actual fighting. Just so you know.

Edge
2009-09-11, 05:22 AM
"That serious, huh?"

He sighs, and draws his sword, slicing his thumb on it as he does so. In his other hand, a he charges a cero and fires it.

H. Zee
2009-09-11, 05:38 AM
Shirubaru laughs uproariously, leaping out of the way of the Cero and rolling back to his feet, shunpo-ing suddenly out of sight and re-appearing behind Adrian, already halfway through a spinning kick aimed to hit Adrian in the back of the knee.

If this should connect, it will cause Adrian to buckle and Shirubaru will grab him around the throat in an armlock.

Edge
2009-09-11, 05:45 AM
Adrián curses as the cero is dodged. He'd fully expected it. He hadn't expected Shirubaru's kick, but it actually worked in his favour. He crumpled, and Shirubaru gets his arm around Adrián's throat. Then he raises his free hand up and chokes out three words.

"Ola... de Agonía."

His reiatsu has started to climb noticeably, but it's still rather low.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-11, 07:03 AM
Greta walks into view, with Hot Librarian-esque glasses on and a book held in one hand. One of her fingers is trapped between the pages to mark her place.

Somewhere, in the Mortal World, Satoshi suddenly gets the feeling of a lost opportunity. He feels a bit sad.:smalltongue:

H. Zee
2009-09-11, 10:08 AM
Adrián curses as the cero is dodged. He'd fully expected it. He hadn't expected Shirubaru's kick, but it actually worked in his favour. He crumpled, and Shirubaru gets his arm around Adrián's throat. Then he raises his free hand up and chokes out three words.

"Ola... de Agonía."

His reiatsu has started to climb noticeably, but it's still rather low.

{{Not doing a good job of keeping his reiatsu invisible then? :smalltongue:}}

Shirubaru, having trained Adrian for so long, has some rough knowledge about what powers Adrian has. As Adrian starts speaking, Shiru is already moving. As the spherical pulse of Ola de Agonía shoots out, he backflips away, and shouts:

Rearyourheadandstrike, Abokku!

Abokku twists free of the hilt of Shirubaru's sword and fires a thin red beam directly into the approaching wall of a Cero, splitting it in two. The "pulse" Cero splits and passes Shirubaru on either side. When the Cero's gone, he's still standing there, although his proximity to the blast has left him a bit singed.

There's also a massive grin on his face. This is more like it, he says. I've been itching to test you out all month, Adrian. I could tell from your reiatsu you were strong enough to make things interesting. And while what we did together had to be done... It wasn't fun like a good mindless scrap.

Shirubaru stalks towards Adrian, Abokku's blade held at the ready down by his side and Abokku's main body twisting around Shirubaru's torso.

Bring the noise.

And suddenly, Shirubaru is in front of Adrian, bringing his free hand whipping forward in a great big good old-fashioned punch to the face.

Edge
2009-09-11, 10:38 AM
Bring the noise.

And suddenly, Shirubaru is in front of Adrian, bringing his free hand whipping forward in a great big good old-fashioned punch to the face.

Adrián dodges backward, and brings up his open palm up in an attempt to contact with Shirubaru's chest. He then sonidos into midair, and hangs there for a moment.

"Lugaduàm, Hulàmdim."

His face is set as he lands and his zanpakutou adopts its released shape.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-11, 01:03 PM

"Wrong? No no no no no no no no!!! EVERYTHING IS RIGHT!!!! We...we have to go find Hans. I feel...I feel like he's going to do something...terrible. Awful...we need to kill him once and for all. Greta. Please help? Please....think of everything he's already done."

Ao is quite frantic, his eye's wide with a strange joy.

Ganurath
2009-09-11, 01:48 PM
Siegfried shakes his head and smiles slightly.

"Do take care of yourself, Kiljaeran-taicho. I'm well aware of the risk I'm taking: your caution keeps naive fools like me and Taniko from getting us overrun. See you around."

With that, Siegfried heads to Fourth Division, and asks the nearest receptionist to let Taniko-taicho know that he wishes to speak with her as soon as possible.The 4th Squader who was cleaning the obsolete receptionist desk blinks, then points toward Taniko's office. "Open door policy. Go on in."

Sucrose
2009-09-11, 01:54 PM
Siegfried blinks.

Surprised she has the time for anyone who comes by... suppose she's probably just more efficient than me.

He then slips into the office. Assuming that Taniko is there, he says, somewhat calmly,
"Taniko-taicho, I'd like to ask what separate housing would be available for an exterior contractor that I would like to offer residence for. It would need to be away from any Division headquarters, or any area that requires security clearance."

Ganurath
2009-09-11, 02:01 PM
Taniko doesn't even look up from her paperwork. "How many people, what squad or squads, and have any zoning protocols changed in the last month?"

One of the 4th Squaders was passing by when Taniko spoke. "No to the last question."

"Thank you." All that, and still doing paperwork. More efficient indeed!

Sucrose
2009-09-11, 02:04 PM
Siegfried stares for a moment.

Much more efficient. Thank god for Chie...

"Just one, no squad."

Ganurath
2009-09-11, 02:09 PM
Taniko perks a brow, but her hands don't pause. "...Kido Corp, just haven't been assigned a squad yet, or some special group that I haven't considered?"

Sucrose
2009-09-11, 02:11 PM
Siegfried sighs.

"Just haven't been assigned a squad yet. Don't know if she will be. As I said, special contractor from the Mortal World."

Ganurath
2009-09-11, 02:13 PM
Taniko nods, getting up from her desk to get some documents and maps. "Standard accomodation requirements for a ryoka, then? Or does she have special considerations I need to know about?"

Sucrose
2009-09-11, 02:16 PM
Siegfried shrugs.

"Likely a few special accommodations. She's an arrancar."

Ganurath
2009-09-11, 02:25 PM
Taniko glances over her shoulder with a perked brow, pausing for the first time since Siegfred came in. She then turns her attention to getting different papers. "Following in my footsteps, Captain Siegfred?"

Sucrose
2009-09-11, 02:34 PM
Siegfried shakes his head.

"I sincerely hope not. Ah, no offense meant, of course; I just hope she proves not to be an enemy. She claims to have amnesia, and everything that I've seen of her backs that up. She's helped my Division with numerous minor incidents over the last month, and defended J-City from a gillian about a month ago.

As she's been attacked by soldiers of Las Noches, I'd like to provide her with better security, and move any fights that she has with them to here, rather than in the middle of a city."

Sucrose
2009-09-11, 06:37 PM
((Apologies for the double-post. I feel it quite necessary.))

As Siegfried explains the status of the yet-unnamed former Septima, a Hell Butterfly flits to his ear. His eyes open fully.

"Have to go; talk later."

Without waiting for a response, he's out the door and headed toward the Senkai Gate.

Edit: About five minutes later, Siegfried arrived back, looking a touch more disheveled than before.

"I'm sorry about that. Where were we?"

Ganurath
2009-09-11, 07:43 PM
In that time, Taniko had set up all the paperwork. "I was just about to ask you the Arrancar's name so I could finalize the paperwork."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-11, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately Vince's peaceful paperwork duties weren't to last, something he'd become intimately aware of when a metal boot crashes through one wall with a loud bang. Of course before he got too much of a chance to wonder who was on the other end of that foot, Tai came crashing through the wall amidst a hail of dust and a plaintive whine in her otherwise gruff voice.

"I'm bored! Ditch the desk Vince, your on 'keep me happy' duty."

Fan
2009-09-11, 11:33 PM
Vince is startled out of the stupor of paper work, when a seated comes knocking at the door, unnamed as of yet as his/her name tag still in the wash right now, who sighed when she saw Vince shouldering his zanpaktou, and standing next to Tai as he said.

"Well then! What are we waiting for?!"

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-11, 11:50 PM
Tai glanced over at the seated as they came rushing in, raising one hand to point at him/her.

"You! Quit slacking and get to work on these papers! Your captain and I will evaluate the work when we get back!" Tai barked at the understandably confused shinigami, not waiting for a response before grabbing Vince and tossing him over one shoulder. Mostly so she wouldn't have to worry about losing him as she broke through another wall on her way out and began to leap from roof-top to roof-top.

"What do you feel up to doing?" She finally asks, apparently having gotten tired of giving everyone the wrong impression by man-handling a captain away.

Fan
2009-09-12, 12:23 AM
Vince is hauled over Tai's shoulder, the woman easily over powering him physically to a degree, that even if he had not wanted to go she likely could have hauled his lazy ass out of there.

As he is hauled from roof top to roof top, he says.

"Personally, I was thinking about going, and hitting up a few clubs, you know, club hopping, we'd pick up some drinks and stuff along the way, and eventually get to something bigger. I dun know what now, but I'm sure something'll come to mind!"

H. Zee
2009-09-12, 05:49 AM
Adrián dodges backward, and brings up his open palm up in an attempt to contact with Shirubaru's chest. He then sonidos into midair, and hangs there for a moment.

"Lugaduàm, Hulàmdim."

His face is set as he lands and his zanpakutou adopts its released shape.

Gods damn I've missed fighting, says Shirubaru happily, grabbing Abokku near the head and lashing his serpentine sword towards Adrián like a whip, the blade flashing and scything towards him.

"Wrong? No no no no no no no no!!! EVERYTHING IS RIGHT!!!! We...we have to go find Hans. I feel...I feel like he's going to do something...terrible. Awful...we need to kill him once and for all. Greta. Please help? Please....think of everything he's already done."

Ao is quite frantic, his eye's wide with a strange joy.

What brought this on all of a sudden? asks Greta, confused, before frowning. I... I suppose you're right, though. It's been a month and we've done nothing. Truth be told, I expected Hans to take the fight to us, but it seems he's... Well, I don't know what he's doing.

She moves forward, patting Ao on the shoulder with a smile. I know we've had our differences, Ao, and you're a bit loudmouthed, but... Fundamentally, you're a good person. And you couldn't be more right. I need to talk to Tsukami about this. She purses her lips in thought.

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 07:24 AM
In that time, Taniko had set up all the paperwork. "I was just about to ask you the Arrancar's name so I could finalize the paperwork."

Siegfried nods.

"Her name is Isara Wessmer."

Edge
2009-09-12, 07:43 AM
Gods damn I've missed fighting, says Shirubaru happily, grabbing Abokku near the head and lashing his serpentine sword towards Adrián like a whip, the blade flashing and scything towards him.

Adrián charges forward to meet Shirubaru head on. When Abokku whips out, he shifts to the side to avoid it, though he takes a light gash on the unmasked side of his face. He then immediately sonidos next to Shirubaru before the shinigami can bring his weapon back in, his sword pointed down, and attempts to fire a painkiller needle into Shirubaru's foot.

He then attempts a Glaswegian kiss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaswegian_kiss).

((I only link it because I have had some terrible misunderstandings over that phrase in the past. :smalltongue:))

H. Zee
2009-09-12, 08:21 AM
Adrián charges forward to meet Shirubaru head on. When Abokku whips out, he shifts to the side to avoid it, though he takes a light gash on the unmasked side of his face. He then immediately sonidos next to Shirubaru before the shinigami can bring his weapon back in, his sword pointed down, and attempts to fire a painkiller needle into Shirubaru's foot.

He then attempts a Glaswegian kiss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaswegian_kiss).

((I only link it because I have had some terrible misunderstandings over that phrase in the past. :smalltongue:))

{{Don't worry, I know the phrasing well enough, having been to Glasgow twice and almost getting one whilst there once. :smalltongue:}}

The needle pierces the thick leather of Shirubaru's dusty old boot and pierces the flesh. He growls. He's still clutching Abokku by the top of its coils, near its head.

The entirety of Abokku swings round, attempting to wrap up Adrián, pinning his arms to his sides.

Edge
2009-09-12, 08:28 AM
Adrián lets the snake begin to coil around him, charging up another Ola de Agonía as it occurs.

His face remains blank.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 09:02 AM
What brought this on all of a sudden? asks Greta, confused, before frowning. I... I suppose you're right, though. It's been a month and we've done nothing. Truth be told, I expected Hans to take the fight to us, but it seems he's... Well, I don't know what he's doing.

She moves forward, patting Ao on the shoulder with a smile. I know we've had our differences, Ao, and you're a bit loudmouthed, but... Fundamentally, you're a good person. And you couldn't be more right. I need to talk to Tsukami about this. She purses her lips in thought.

It's at this point that Shimazu steps forward out of nowhere and whispers into Greta's ear.

"Captain Satoshi is currently in the Mortal World with one Ami Honoka. Officially, it's a shopping trip. Unofficially...there is that Vizard boy in the Mortal World."

He gives a conspiratorial wink, and steps back to...wait, nope, he's out of sight again.

Bloody ninjas.

H. Zee
2009-09-12, 09:21 AM
Shirubaru takes a few steps back, flipping his mask down to cover his face.

As the pulse of the Ola de Agonía radiates outwards, he lifts his Shield Arm, and the entirety of the enormous expanding Cero is absorbed down into that one arm. There's a pause as glowing power trickles up the engravings on the white Hollow-esque arm, and then a bright light can be seen passing through his empty eye-socket. The power comes blasting out of Shirubaru's Sword Arm, a crackling glowing column, but Shiru deliuberately aims it away from the bound and helpless Adrián. A crater is blasted to one side of Adrián.

Shirubaru lets his arms fall to his side, after flipping the mask back up to the top of his head. Good job, apprentice, he says with a grin. I think you're ready. You certainly have skill with hiding reiatsu. And that was a good fight.

Abokku unwinds from around Adrián and slithers back to Shirubaru, resealing to its unreleased state. He bends and picks it up, examining the hole in his boot as he does so.

Hrm.

Edge
2009-09-12, 09:28 AM
Adrián smiles slightly.

"Yeah, about that... you didn't take much in the way of painful wounds in that fight, so you should be fine if I nullify that needle..."

He raises his sword towards Shirubaru.

"This won't be fatal, and it shouldn't hurt too much..."

The briefest of pauses.

"Minagir: Aste Su-gid."

A needle fires from the sword, and when it contacts Shirubaru's skin, he will feel the pain from any wounds from the fight very acutely.

"If it hurts, just tell me and I'll sort it out! I just didn't think you'd want to be numb for the next two hours..."

Ganurath
2009-09-12, 10:57 AM
Siegfried nods.

"Her name is Isara Wessmer."Taniko nods, writes the name down on a few papers, and whistles. One of the 4th Squad NPCs pops in, and Taniko hands her the papers. "Get these to where they need to be."

The NPC looks at the papers, pausing in surprise at first, then hurries out. Taniko turns her attention back to Captain Siegfred. "Anything else?"

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 11:01 AM
Siegfried thinks for a moment.

"Will it be long before the housing is made available for Wessmer-san, or can I invite her immediately? She asked for a chance to be allowed into the Seireitei a month ago, so I'd rather not keep her waiting too much longer."

Ganurath
2009-09-12, 11:06 AM
Taniko's eye twitches just slightly. "Please tell me that it took a month to get her coming here cleared with the Captain-Commander and/or Kiljaeran."

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 11:09 AM
Siegfried's eyebrows raise slightly, then he nods.

"To get to it, speak with them, and finally wear them down to it, yes. Is there a problem?"

Ganurath
2009-09-12, 11:13 AM
Taniko waves a hand dismissively. "I just don't like it when people sit on a project for a while, then ask me how long it will take to finish when they finally get around to asking 4th Squad to get started. To answer your question, it'll take anywhere from two days to a week, depending on how quickly the 12th can provide the requisite security systems."

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 11:21 AM
Siegfried sighs.

"I see. Well, we need the data to be able to plan further... for my part in the time delay, I'm sorry. Thank you for the timeline; I'll tell Wessmer-san presently. Do take care, Taniko-taicho."

With that, Siegfried bows and walks out, planning to head toward the Senkai Gate.

Ganurath
2009-09-12, 11:25 AM
Taniko bows back, then gets back to her regular paperwork.

Mesuinu, meanwhile, has gotten herself on Sereitei patrol today.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-12, 12:00 PM

"No. No more thinking, no more...talking. We do this. Or we don't. If your scared...."

Ao trails off, smiling

"There isn't time to deliberate. And I don't want to her any side comments from Satoshi part two over there. Don't need his opinion boxs trying to take control over every little aspect of our new home ya? We need to do this. You -know- we need to do this. Whats the hang up."

Anyr
2009-09-12, 01:56 PM
The cloud of butterflies which had been hovering around Kiljaeran gradually dispersed as he finished sending the last of a long list of orders. Now free of distractions, he looked around curiously to see where in Seireitei he'd ended up; His feet had mostly been working on autopilot as they'd walked through the streets. The area itself wasn't particularly familiar, but he recognised one of the people walking through it. Despite the standard robes which she wore, Mesuinu's unusually coloured eyes made her easy to pick out. He crossed to her side of the street and reversed direction, falling easily into step beside her.

"We meet again, Kotetsu. Are you taking a break from the endless paperwork, or just on your way to the next batch?"

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 06:50 PM
"No. No more thinking, no more...talking. We do this. Or we don't. If your scared...."

Ao trails off, smiling

"There isn't time to deliberate. And I don't want to her any side comments from Satoshi part two over there. Don't need his opinion boxs trying to take control over every little aspect of our new home ya? We need to do this. You -know- we need to do this. Whats the hang up."

A voice floats from somewhere not in sight.

"There's a better chance of Hans dying for good if we have some sort of plan, and more than a handful of people go. Better to overwhelm and overplan, yes? And we'll let your slights against our Captain slide today."

Innis Cabal
2009-09-12, 06:53 PM
A stroke of lightning cuts its way through the cieling, striking Ao, causing him to smoke but nothing more.

"Shut up. This isn't between you and me and Greta. This is a Bount issue. We're going to discuss this ourselves. This is after all our land. Thats what an embassy means. No shut up and go away."

H. Zee
2009-09-12, 07:09 PM
He's right though, Ao, says Greta, calmly but firmly. I know you have a certain irrational dislike of Tsukami. Beleive me, I know. But we all need to pull together, Bount and Shinigami like, and make sure we meet Hans with overwhelming force. And a plan.

Because believe me, rushing in head-first will solve nothing. Not with Hans.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-12, 07:09 PM
When the Senkaimon opens up once more, Lan Jia waits for Siegfried and Isara to exit first before walking out herself with the procession of six blanks following behind her. They looked almost comical, hovering about the girl as if they would protect her from whatever might lurk on the other side of the gate but in truth they could no more stop a un-seated shinigami then they could protect Lan Jia.

She walks slowly and stately, as if she was visiting nobility, with her hands clutched in front of herself and keeping her gaze unerringly forward while walking. The only exception to this was when she first exited, gazing about the Seireitei with calm navy blue eyes as if quietly judging what she saw.

"Captain, you said you were taking me to the the commander, correct?" She asks inqusitively, re-adjusting the headress that Nagi had ruffled about to it's proper position. "Would it also be possible to visit the 9th Division? I hear the captain has an amazing flower garden there."

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 07:14 PM
Siegfried arrives through the gate, and sends a few Hell Butterflies off at once.

One goes to the Commander General
Commander General, there is a visitor here from a foreign Seireitei. She needs to introduce herself to you, and claims to know you from when you were young.

Another goes to Kinkuzo
Kinkuzo-san, foreign shinigami have come here, and requested a sample of Myouza from J-City. Would this be problematic?

The final one comes to Captain Kiljaeran
Kiljaeran-taicho, Isara Wessmer has come with me to speak with you.

As the women begin to come through, Siegfried turns, and bows slightly.

"Welcome, ladies, to the Seireitei."

At Lan Jia's questions, he nods, his eyes still rather full of distrust.
"I will ask the Commander General to speak with you there."

With that, he summons a fourth butterfly, which flits to the Commander General only shortly after the first.
The visitor wishes to meet you in the flower garden of Ninth Division.

Righty
2009-09-12, 07:18 PM
Isara walks through the Senkai and peers over Siegfrieds shoulder.
Wow...this place is huge...

Innis Cabal
2009-09-12, 07:20 PM
He's right though, Ao, says Greta, calmly but firmly. I know you have a certain irrational dislike of Tsukami. Beleive me, I know. But we all need to pull together, Bount and Shinigami like, and make sure we meet Hans with overwhelming force. And a plan.

Because believe me, rushing in head-first will solve nothing. Not with Hans.

"No. I don't hate him. He needs to mind his own business. Not saying more till his Big Brother friends leave."

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 07:23 PM
"We are Ambassador Greta Gabriel's personal guard. We leave her side only in death, or her direct order, if we deem it safe."

There is a pause.

"And matters involving the man who nearly killed Captain Satoshi's fiance are decidedly his business, especially if they also involve said fiance going to battle against said monster in human clothing."

Hans is not popular in 2nd Division. Might be that combination of messing with their Captain, killing their former Vice-Captain, and killing (albeit temporarily) the one lady who could settle Captain Satoshi down.

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 07:31 PM
Isara walks through the Senkai and peers over Siegfrieds shoulder.
Wow...this place is huge...

A small bit of calm returns to Siegfried's features.

"It's not so big, once you learn your way around."

A thought then strikes him that causes a small frown to appear upon his face.

"It's also a bit smaller for you, at least at the moment. We can't let you into any Division headquarters or barracks; you haven't received security clearance yet."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-12, 07:37 PM
"Hmm...not a bad plan, not bad at all. We'll start in Zaraki and work our way down to the wall itself!" Tai says grandly, finally putting Vince down though in this case 'put down' was closer to 'drop and he better land on his feet'. Mostly cause she didn't stop roof-hopping either, just slowed down for a moment so that Vince could keep up.

"Yo Vince...what do you think of the Seireitei as it is...?" Tai asks abruptly, an previously unheard thoughtful tone in her voice.

Righty
2009-09-12, 07:43 PM
Isara although saddened by the comment quickly turns around the gloomy mood.
Ohh...Well I don't really care. The Soul Society is obviously a little apprehensive to just let me roam wherever I please here.

She moves up in front of him with a confident look on her face.
Don't worry about me. I'll show them that I can be trusted.

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 07:54 PM
Siegfried smiles, and pats her on the shoulder.

"I'm sure you will. Thank you for being so understanding, Wessmer-san."

He glances over at Lan Jia, his mood slowly improving a bit.
"Shall we take our guest to the Ninth Division?"

Righty
2009-09-12, 07:57 PM
That depends Bieber-kun, can I go to Ninth Division gardens.

Fan
2009-09-12, 07:58 PM
Vince shunpo's along with Tai, neck length hair, that usually hung lank around his head, billowing slighty in the wind, causing slight vision problems as he spoke.

"Hell yeah!"

He exclaims at Tai's statement, a look of excuberance on his face as he moved towards the outer limits of the Sereitei. Then Tai's thoughtful statement came, and he slowed slightly, not enough to send him flying behind Tai, but enough for it to be noticeable as he says.

"Well, to be honest.I think we have a lot of **** going on that we need to handle, but we can't handle it because Daisuke wont let us for fear of losing fighting strength. I like a lot of people here, some more then others.. But it's hard sometimes to keep on liking them due to schism's, and other crazy crap that we don't seem to be putting enough attention to. Other then that, I do my best to try to make people happy around here. The way I see it, the only reason Toho left us is because he was unhappy with the Sereitei, so if we're all content. We wont have the danger of another Toho right?"

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 08:03 PM
That depends Bieber-kun, can I go to Ninth Division gardens.

Siegfried shrugs and grins.

"If she can be permitted to see it, then so can you, as far as I'm concerned. There's no military value to it, and it stretches well beyond the walls of the headquarters. Let's go."

Righty
2009-09-12, 08:07 PM
Right behind you Siegfried.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 08:08 PM
Captain Satoshi and Ami Honoka step through the Senkai Gate.

Satoshi's smile is insufferable.

"Well, let's get you home, Ami. I'm thinking a quick drop-off, and then I'll need to do some paperwork. Which will leave me conveniently far away from your father."

Satoshi, deciding speed is important, puts one arm around Ami's shoulders, and shunpos them in rapid order to her house.

"Here we go! Now, you just go in and tell them what a good time you had tonight. I'm sure your mother will let Greta know everything soon enough. I'll see you later, Ami."

And he's off.

When Ami goes inside, she'll find that her family has received an incredible gift; two laptops and three cell phones, all with instructions. A gift from the ARC.

Satoshi, meanwhile, had two laptops and phones each at his office. One for Tyler, and one for himself. Apparently Luther had found some extra stock.

Making sure the computer, phone, instructions, and a note were all firmly together, Satoshi donned his mask, opened up a small garganta, and dropped the package through. Once through, he closed it with a smile on his face.

Now to play with these new toys of his.

(OOC: berry, the laptops and phones already have the numbers and such info for each other stored in there. All but one of the numbers is labeled. The last number, intended for Tyler, is just a number, as Luther didn't know who it was for.)

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 08:13 PM
Siegfried leads the two to the Ninth Division gardens, careful not to go to any point requiring clearance to arrive at.

If this is problematic, let me know, Callos.

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 08:24 PM
Ami/Honokas

Ami still seems to be in a good mood as she enters the house. Katashi, however, is not. "...School supplies, huh?"

The wolfgirl smiles nervously. "Um..."

Then Mayu interrupts. She was doing dishes, but now she sits on the couch next to her husband. "It's late, Katashi, she should get to bed. Ami, one of each of these are for you." She points to a laptop and cellphone. Ami picks each of them up with curiosity, bows to her parents, and runs off to her room.

Katashi grumbles a bit to himself...

Ami's room is fairly simple. A desk, a closet, and futon as of yet. There are books and paper on the desk, but there's more than enough room as Ami sets down the laptop and cell phone with their instructions.

She plops down on the futon, looking dreamily at the ceiling... Her heart is still beating like a hummingbird.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 08:31 PM
That's when Katashi notices that there's a pile of school supplies by the door.

With a note from Satoshi.

Hey Katashi. No worries, mate. I had an eye on her the whole time. And school supplies were in fact purchased. See, here they are. Your daughter's fine. Nothing to worry about.

...Besides, I have access to ninjas. What more could you ask for?

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 09:05 PM
Suddenly, the phone sitting on Ami's desk gave off a generic ring.

The display shows the "unnamed" number, the one for Tyler's phone.

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 09:09 PM
Ami

Ami blinks, and picks it up, attempting to figure out how to use it for a couple moments before finally managing to answer.

"Hello?"

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 09:11 PM
Ami

Ami blinks, and picks it up, attempting to figure out how to use it for a couple moments before finally managing to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey there, beautiful. I'm glad this works. It's me, Tyler, by the way. If you couldn't tell. So, your parents didn't flip, did they?"

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 09:20 PM
Ami smiles. "Hi, Tyler. Daddy was a little angry, but mommy calmed him down." Her tail is wagging.

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 09:22 PM
Ami smiles. "Hi, Tyler. Daddy was a little angry, but mommy calmed him down." Her tail is wagging.

Tyler laughed.

"They're good at that, aren't they? Mothers, that is. So. Now that the immediate excitement's worn down...Did you have a good time? I want to make sure I do things right next time. Be honest. Was there something I ought not to do? Something you especially liked?"

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 09:29 PM
"Everything was fun." Tyler can tell she's being honest. "Um... Can Ami meet Tyler's friends next time?"

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 09:44 PM
"Everything was fun." Tyler can tell she's being honest. "Um... Can Ami meet Tyler's friends next time?"

"Sure! I'll arrange for everyone to hang out. I've got a couple places in mind. I don't want to make us secret or anything, Ami. You're to amazing of a girl for that."

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 09:52 PM
"Yay!" Ami smiles. She's definitely excited. "Um... You're amazing too, Tyler."

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 09:59 PM
"Yay!" Ami smiles. She's definitely excited. "Um... You're amazing too, Tyler."

"Why thank you, dear lady. I daresay we're both so amazing, I'm shocked the world doesn't simply bow down in acknowledgment of how amazing we are."

She ought to be able to tell he's joking now.

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 10:02 PM
Ami giggles... "It's my bedtime. Um... Can we talk tomorrow?"

KnightDisciple
2009-09-12, 10:05 PM
Ami giggles... "It's my bedtime. Um... Can we talk tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'll have school tomorrow; I'll call you after that, and I should know by then where we'll be going. Goodnight, sweet princess. I'll talk to you tomorrow, Ami."

strawberryman
2009-09-12, 10:20 PM
"Good night, Tyler." Ami hangs the phone up. She noted to read the manual tomorrow... For now, though, she headed for the bath.

A little while later, Ami comes back to her room in pajamas, to find her mother sitting by the desk. "I'm glad you had fun. He really did seem like a nice boy."

Ami blinks. And blushes. "Y-yeah..."

"Do you like him?"

The wolfgirl sits down on the futon. "A lot! He took me to a movie! And it was even better than mommy said... and bought Ami food, and dessert, and... he's nice, and fun, and makes me laugh..." Ami goes on and on over every little thing, Mayu just smiling the whole time. "Ami's never felt this way... I really, really like Tyler."

"That's good. Don't worry about your father, Ami. It's hard for him to cope with this and let go of you, but he does want you to be happy, and if Tyler makes you happy, then, he'll be fine with it. Even if it doesn't seem like he is."

"Plus, you have me and Uncle Tsukami to cover for you." She winks, then sits down by the futon to give Ami a hug before heading for the door. "Good night, Ami."

"G'night, mommy..."

...Ami could hardly sleep at all that night. Her heart was racing as she went over the events of the date in her head again and again.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-12, 10:52 PM
No problem with it Sucrose.

Lan Jia follows behind the captain silently, not wanting to un-nerve him any further but not wishing to provoke him by speaking either. He seemed like a man who was very on edge despite her being close by which was perplexing in and of itself.

Of course when they finally reach the gardens, she can't restrain a small gasp of surprise as wide navy eyes took in the natural splendor that lay in front of her. She steps past Siegfried as if in a daze, her retinue pausing on the edge of the flowers without following her as she gazes about in mute wonderment.

The girl almost seems to float into amongst the flowers, dropping down to one new and cupping a purple blossom in her hand before inhaling it's scent deeply.

"It's beautiful captain. It's nothing like I remember."

Krazddndfreek
2009-09-12, 11:09 PM
Maeda Katsuhito

Maeda walks in nonchalantly onto the scene. Not like he used shuunpo to get there then started walking before anyone saw him, no nothing like that.

Siegfried, huh, who is that kid? she has a... strange scent...

Gods, is that your idea of a joke?

Shut it you...

((Maeda ; Zanpakuto if you hadn't figured already))

Ganurath
2009-09-12, 11:15 PM
Despite the standard robes which she wore, Mesuinu's unusually coloured eyes made her easy to pick out. He crossed to her side of the street and reversed direction, falling easily into step beside her.

"We meet again, Kotetsu. Are you taking a break from the endless paperwork, or just on your way to the next batch?"Mesuinu nods respectfully to Captain Kiljaeran, but doesn't break her pace. "Perimeter patrol, actually."

She then sees the hell butterfly sent to Kiljaeran by Captain Siegfred. "Trouble?"

Sucrose
2009-09-12, 11:29 PM
Siegfried gives a very painful grin.

"Does she? Her presence is strange as well. Don't let her get too close to you."

With that, he follows after Lan Jia, keeping a more-than-adequate distance between the two of them.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it," he says, more than a little nervously.

Krazddndfreek
2009-09-12, 11:42 PM
Maeda Katsuhito

You know I'd facepalm if I had hands. And every other time you pretend you're an animal.

I said shut it...

Then returning to the conversation outside of his head.

Oh? Then why is she here then? In soul society?

Righty
2009-09-12, 11:46 PM
Isara looks at the flowers scattered across 9th division garden. She takes a moment to smell the various scents coming from the flowers, but remain silent beside Siegfried.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-12, 11:53 PM
12,638 memories of flowers. 435 memories of flower gardens. Sixty seven memories of being given flowers as a gift. This is a new experience though...I'll have to thank Captain Siegfried for bringing me here. Lan Jia thinks to herself, gently releasing the flower to keep from accidentally damaging it as she rises to her feet and turns towards the new captain who has arrived.

A flash of surprise across her face, peering closely at Maeda as if she had suspected something different.

"You do not look like Daisuke at all..are you his son or grandchild perhaps? I...you have my condolences for his death." She says, looking properly embarrassed for having brought up what she know believes to be a dead relative and dips into a low bow before she approaches closer. "My apologizes for bringing up old wounds, my name is Lan Jia. How may I call you?"

Again that soothing presence, though to Siegfried it was apparently uncomfortable, washes over the two captains as she moves to stand before them.

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 12:10 AM
Siegfried shakes his head rapidly, and backpedals subtly, trying to stay away from the Samsara leader, and trying to pull Isara out of "danger" as well.

"Nonono, this isn't the Commander General. He just happened to be wandering around. The Commander General hasn't responded yet, and is still Hayashi Daisuke."

He glances at Maeda-taicho.

"As for why she's been allowed in here... well, she hasn't yet done anything, and the Commander General needs to know she and hers are in Japan, and that they are at least civil enough to tell him so."

Krazddndfreek
2009-09-13, 12:25 AM
Maeda Katsuhito

Maeda just returns a condescending stare.

Yea. And kid, how did you confuse me with Daisuke-sama at all. We look nothing alike. He might be old but... he's not dead yet.

And as for you,

he turns to Siegfried and speaks lazily

I have no idea why you're so edgy around her. If anything her reiatsu is calming.

and actually... why is there an arrancar here too?

he points a finger at Isara

H. Zee
2009-09-13, 04:49 AM
"No. I don't hate him. He needs to mind his own business. Not saying more till his Big Brother friends leave."

Greta turns to the ninja. I'm sorry, but can you please let us have a moment? Ao clearly wants to speak to me and me alone.

Adrián smiles slightly.

"Yeah, about that... you didn't take much in the way of painful wounds in that fight, so you should be fine if I nullify that needle..."

He raises his sword towards Shirubaru.

"This won't be fatal, and it shouldn't hurt too much..."

The briefest of pauses.

"Minagir: Aste Su-gid."

A needle fires from the sword, and when it contacts Shirubaru's skin, he will feel the pain from any wounds from the fight very acutely.

"If it hurts, just tell me and I'll sort it out! I just didn't think you'd want to be numb for the next two hours..."

Shirubaru has sustained a couple of angry raw blisters and burns from passing so close to some of Adrián's Ceros. They look rather painful, but Shirubaru merely says, Thanks a lot for the offer, but I'm fine, Adrián.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 05:39 AM
Mesuinu nods respectfully to Captain Kiljaeran, but doesn't break her pace. "Perimeter patrol, actually."

She then sees the hell butterfly sent to Kiljaeran by Captain Siegfred. "Trouble?"

Kiljaeran nodded, although the scowl that suddenly adorned his face already made the answer obvious. He glanced appraisingly at Mesuinu, wondering whether she should be told about the newcomer. After a little thought, though, it was obvious that there was no point in making something like this classified. The news would already spread like wildfire anyway, and the backlash from it might prove useful.

"A former member of the Espada has just arrived in Seireitei...as a new recruit. She's supposedly had a complete change of heart and now wants nothing more than to help the Gotei 13 in our struggle against Toho. And they wonder why the 8th Division is so overworked..."

With that he vanished. It didn't take long to find Siegfried's reiatsu; Judging by its location, he was apparently starting with a tour of the gardens. Well, why not?

Edge
2009-09-13, 07:00 AM
Shirubaru has sustained a couple of angry raw blisters and burns from passing so close to some of Adrián's Ceros. They look rather painful, but Shirubaru merely says, Thanks a lot for the offer, but I'm fine, Adrián.

"If you're sure."

He smiles, sealing and sheathing Hulàmdim.

"Well, if you're not going to accept my pain relief, at least let me treat you to some sake. You know any good places?"

Righty
2009-09-13, 07:45 AM
and actually... why is there an arrancar here too?

he points a finger at Isara

Isara responds with a very girly but confident voice.
Eh heh, heh, I know it might be hard to believe but, I'm a good arrancar. My names Isara Wessmer.

While she talking with Maeda, she tries to cover the 7 on her chest

((Sorry gotta go, be back in a few hours))

KnightDisciple
2009-09-13, 08:13 AM
Greta turns to the ninja. I'm sorry, but can you please let us have a moment? Ao clearly wants to speak to me and me alone.

A couple of muffled conversations can be heard.

Then the 6 members of Team 5 all step out from hiding places. One by one, they bow to Greta, glare at Ao, and leave.

Hinata lingers a moment, giving Greta a look that says "I hope you know what you're doing".

"We'll be outside if you need us, Lady Greta. Know that we've only done this under protest, and will have to file a report on it."

She steps out of the room, and the door closes.

Edit: As soon as it does, Fuma dashes off to find Satoshi. It only takes him a minute or so; they're not terribly far from 2nd Division HQ.

"Sir, there's...Ao is currently meeting with Greta."

"As much as he annoys me, Greta is a big girl. Why should this specifically concern me?"

"He burst in babbling about it being time to go after Hans, because he "had a bad feeling". Then, when Greta insisted she talk to you, he got hostile, saying there was "no time to think, no time to talk". Said you should butt out. One of us pointed out the advantages of a plan, and he became hostile, calling down lightning on himself, and insisting we leave. We protested his logic, which had more holes than Swiss cheese. After a moment, Greta asked us to walk out, though. Apparently we have to pay service to his fragile ego."

"...Yeah, this isn't suspicious at all. No sir. Come on."

Satoshi stood from his desk, where he'd been configuring the laptop. He grabbed Fuma by one shoulder, and...they were there. Staring at the closed door.

"I'll sit pretty right here for the moment. But...be ready to move in if I give the order."

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 08:49 AM
Siegfried shrugs, and adds to Isara's explanation.

"She's here to speak with Kiljaeran-taicho; she's helped my squad a great deal in the Mortal World, so I'd like to give her an opportunity to work from here, particularly given the attack toward her by Hueco Mundo a month ago."

Funny. I would think I'd be a bit more nervous when explaining this to another Captain...

He looks. Lan Jia has gotten a bit closer. He takes another step back.

H. Zee
2009-09-13, 10:21 AM
"If you're sure."

He smiles, sealing and sheathing Hulàmdim.

"Well, if you're not going to accept my pain relief, at least let me treat you to some sake. You know any good places?"

Shirubaru grins. Hell yes I do, he says. There isn't a bar in Seireitei that doesn't know me by sight. He claps Adrián on the shoulder. Come on. Do you want to go to a classy little place or an enormous, boisterous one?

Greta turns to Ao once the ninjas are gone. Well, what was it you could say to me that you couldn't say in front of them? She looks genuinely concerned.

Innis Cabal
2009-09-13, 10:39 AM
"Are you...stupid Greta? Has the time with the Shinigami bleached your brain? How is Satoshi any different then Hans? Keeping you locked in this little cage, "Safe" and "Protected" even though you can't spit without him knowing just how far you tilted your head back. He's exactly the same as Hans, only he's got the power and authority to do what Hans never could. He has his spies on -your- land, land you got for us here in Soul Society. He has them follow you around every single minute of the day. You've gotten weak since you left Hueco Mundo. We can kill Hans, he's just himself and no one else. Who would ally with that monster?

No one, thats right. And who would he see as his ally? No one, ever, he's a vain bastard...and he needs to die. But you want to sit here in this gilided prison cell with what ammounts to a stalker, willingly wasting away with some fools errand called the Bount Embassy, where all but the Bount have say. Your little pipe dream will come to an end eventually, and when that happens I fear i'll be stuck here, to tied up in the diplomatic red tape you created to protect us to save the woman I love from the claws of a beast. Take her blood on her hands then Greta, and on your husband to. You think it can all be solved by hiding in Soul Society, or just ignoring it or "plans" and little strategies. Let me tell you something you little girl. They don't always work. I got stuck in the Forest of Menos becuase all of Xander's plans falling apart.

Now do you think i'm stupid enough to just blather on with some inane and "sinister" plot when I know for a fact that the ninja's never left? No. If I really had a plot, i'd have stabbed you in the chest with my sword the moment I walked in here and be done with it. I'm not some manical super villian hell bent on brining you or anyone else low. I'm a very scared and very tired man who just wants to go #$%*ing home, and can't do it without Hans being dead and buried forever. You know plans won't work on him, he's smarter then that. So if you don't plan on doing anything. I am. And i'll do it alone, just like i've had to do for the last bloody century. You all....are no help at all."

Ao draws his blade, pointing it at Greta

"Do what you want. But if you respect yourself even a little. You'll do whats right, not what your pathetic excuse for a boyfriend wants."

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-13, 11:03 AM
The information that she wasn't currently talking to the captain commander or one of his descendants causes Lan Jia to look properly mortified, dipping into another low apologetic bow.

"Ah, my apologies then taichou. I was told that I would meet the Commander General in the gardens and I assumed that he was you since you arrived." she explains in short order, straightening as Kiljaeran arrives though this time she doesn't exactly rush over to call this man the head captain either.

No, this time she decides she'll wait to be prompted and drifts back to the blossoms with her retinue of six blanks finally cross the borders of the flowers to follow along behind her once more. Their pin-shaped pink hats turn red as long fingered hands come out of their sleeves, beginning to slowly pick flowers along with Lan Jia as she starts to gather a bouquet.

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 11:28 AM
Siegfried blinks.

"It... it's all right..."

He then turns to his fellow captain.

"So, Maeda-taicho, does it really not bother you, what she does to your mind?!"

Ganurath
2009-09-13, 12:33 PM
Suprisingly, or not if you consider the task assigned to her, Mesuinu shunpos after Captain Kiljaeran. She'll start to tire after five and, assuming no reaction on his part, will cease pursuit after ten to recover herself. "Here I was hoping patrol duty would be boring."

Edge
2009-09-13, 01:54 PM
Shirubaru grins. Hell yes I do, he says. There isn't a bar in Seireitei that doesn't know me by sight. He claps Adrián on the shoulder. Come on. Do you want to go to a classy little place or an enormous, boisterous one?

"I wouldn't say no to somewhere with a little more panache. One brawl a day is more than enough for me." he says with a grin.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 02:26 PM
Suprisingly, or not if you consider the task assigned to her, Mesuinu shunpos after Captain Kiljaeran. She'll start to tire after five and, assuming no reaction on his part, will cease pursuit after ten to recover herself. "Here I was hoping patrol duty would be boring."

Also surprisingly, Kiljaeran actually slowed to let her catch up. The reason was the same one that had prompted him to greet her in the first place: She'd shown enough talent to be worth watching. The 8th Division was always on the lookout for the rising stars of the Gotei 13. Not only did making contact with them early create potential agents in other Divisions, but sometimes the 8th would gain a new member. The delay wouldn't matter; From what he could sense, Siegfried was taking his time.

Apparently he wasn't the only one. Striding into the garden, Kiljaeran's gaze swept across the area and found one anomaly too many. Captain Maeda's presence was unremarkable, although potentially annoying if he became curious about Mesuinu. Lan Jia, however, was most definitely out of place; Kiljaeran felt a strong sense of wariness upon seeing her, along with a disturbing sensation that he couldn't quite identify. His eyes followed her for a second as she went to gather flowers with her retinue, until...

There. Standing near the others, mask fragments and reiatsu displaying her nature, stood the newest thorn in Kiljaeran's side. He walked swiftly towards her, with a smile on his face that was nowhere near friendly.

"Isara Wessmer? We need to talk."

H. Zee
2009-09-13, 02:33 PM
"I wouldn't say no to somewhere with a little more panache. One brawl a day is more than enough for me." he says with a grin.

Come on then, says Shirubaru with a grin. I know a nice little place, with good sake and even better atmosphere. It's where I go to have a quiet think.

Shirubaru wanders away at a sauntering pace. Assuming Adrián follows, the two will end up in a tiny little bar on a corner, with quiet jazz music playing amongst the rafters and big comfy chairs to sit on. The lighting is muted, and the bar is filled with Shinigami just trying to relax after a hard day's work.

Shirubaru orders a sake at the bar and then turns to Adrián, leaning on the bar's surface. So, Adrián, what do you think you're going to do in your future at Seireitei? Rest assured, whatever happens, I'll put in a good word for you.

Righty
2009-09-13, 02:36 PM
Isara watches Lan Jia and the blanks collect flowers. A soft smiles appears on her face. She looks down on the ground next to her and sees a young Lantana in bloom and kneels down to smell the flowers when Kiljaeran shows up.

She jumps up in surprise and hides behind Siegfried as like a child would hide behind their parent expecting them to protect him/her. She is scared by both his tone of voice and his reiatsu which seems to be pulsing with stress, anger, and a possible hint of malice. She finally responds to him in a low, shy voice.
Are...Are you... C-c-captain Kiljaeran?

Edge
2009-09-13, 02:40 PM
Shirubaru orders a sake at the bar and then turns to Adrián, leaning on the bar's surface. So, Adrián, what do you think you're going to do in your future at Seireitei? Rest assured, whatever happens, I'll put in a good word for you.

He relaxes in his chair, sipping his drink before answering.

"Well, I just want to help out wherever I'll be the most helpful. At the moment I'm thinking of trying to get into 4th - perhaps a little odd for someone who can fight as well as me - but its what I feel would be best."

He takes another sip.

"Hmm... this is good stuff. I think. One month of life experience doesn't give me much of a chance for comparison..."

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 02:47 PM
Siegfried notes Kiljaeran-taicho's approach calmly. When Isara hides behind him, he remains in place, ever so slightly protectively. For the moment, he does not interrupt the dialogue. It would be rude, and besides, this is something that he has requested.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 03:44 PM
Kiljaeran circled around Siegfried and towards Isara, his whole manner now evoking the image of a dangerous predator. His eyes never left Isara, not even for a second. When he spoke it was in a strangely congratulatory tone with just a hint of mockery about it.

"The scared child routine...Oh yes, very good. I was expecting more of a 'proud but repentant sinner' approach, but this one works even better. How long did it take you to perfect your act, Isara Wessmer?"

Righty
2009-09-13, 03:56 PM
Isara remains silent staring at him with watery eyes, which might indicate that shes on the verge of crying.
A-a-act? Th-this is not an act. I'm sincerely sorry if I did something to make it looks like I'm acting.

Kiljaeran eyes are more than enough to intimidate her, breaking her self-confidence. She bows towards him apologetically and returns to her stance trying avoid eye contact with him.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 04:17 PM
"Not an act, you say? Perhaps I've got the wrong person. You are the former Septima of Toho's Espada, aren't you? A group which, if even half of what we've seen is true, would have torn you apart long ago if you were really as meek as you seem? Not every Espada has to be bloodthirsty and callous, but someone this weak-willed would never have been able to reach the rank you once held. Do you see the problem here?"

The questions being asked were largely unnecessary as far as gathering the basic answers went. Kiljaeran knew full well that this Arrancar had been using amnesia as an excuse to explain the discrepancy between her past and present selves. The key was to see the specific way she chose to handle each query, which would hopefully give away her strategy and let him anticipate her next move.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-13, 04:21 PM
Lan Jia watches the interrogation going on before her with those serene eyes of hers, and she had no doubt in her mind that it was an interrogation. It seemed somehow...cruel of the captain to pick on the girl like that, but it wasn't truly her business to interfere with it either.

Or at least that's what Nagi would tell her, but he wasn't here right now either.

"Excuse me Kiljaeran-taichou." comes the soft voice as that soothing presence washes over Kiljaeran like the waves on the beach. The white-robed girl stands by his side, holding up the bouquet of flowers towards him. "Would you hold these for me? I want to give the Commander General a properly festive greeting."

The excuse was reasonable enough and she had taken some effort to make the flower arrangement as well as she could.

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 04:31 PM
Siegfried made a very, very great effort to avoid flipping out, while also avoiding being reduced to an agreeable loaf, when he saw the girl come directly adjacent to him. Fortunately for the Seireitei in general's opinion of him, he did a pretty decent job.

Just stay here... just make sure Kiljaeran-taicho doesn't push Isara too far... don't watch the worrisome woman... oh, kami; even her voice works against me...

Siegfried stays in place, eyes fully closed, stance moving into the default bodyguard stance, hands clasped together on his waist.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 04:39 PM
The reaction to Lan Jia's interruption was easy to see well before it happened. The moment that her normally relaxing aura encroached on Kiljaeran's own, his face contorted in disgust. His reiatsu (still invisible, but flowing just the same), surged forward and pushed back against the intruder. Inside Kiljaeran's head, Sensouken echoed his own thoughts.

"Not another one! Honoka was bad enough, but at least she kept her distance! Make it stop!"

Kiljaeran transferred his harsh look to the newcomer, but it had gained far more hostility along the way. He was honestly trying to hold it back, but the feeling she projected was just as bad as the 9th Division captain's rain.

"Stop that, now. If you can't stop it then turn and leave, because things will only get worse for every second you stay here."

Righty
2009-09-13, 05:11 PM
Isara sobs breaks into tears upon hearing the first statement the second however sparks her confidence to return.
*sob*weak-willed...*sniff**sniff*you think I'm weak-willed...
She looks Kiljaeran striaght in the eyes which seem to have a blaze a fury in them.
My past...my rank...is that all that matters to you. Perhaps you would be satisfied if I told you I was faking this entire time...but your the ones who's wrong. My past means nothing to me. The people I was with in the past means nothing to me, nor does my rank. I may have committed acts of carnage with no remorse...even I won't be able to forgive myself for that.

She looks away for a moment to dry her eyes.
So you want to know who I am now, then I shall tell you. My name is Isara Wessmer, Ex Espada Septima. I have pledged myself to Siegfried and 13th division for forgiveness and have helped them for quite some time. The malicous and stoic Espada you may have once presumed me of being is no more. I place myself as a protector of the Mortal World if not already a ally of Seireitei!

Her voice although still rather soft, thunders the statement so that it may be heard by anyone nearby.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 05:34 PM
In a shot Kiljaeran's focus was back on Isara, but even stronger than before; The flames of his animosity were being fed by Lan Jia's attempts to calm them.

"There it is. The proud but repentant sinner, in the flesh. I think it's the power that you put into the speech that really makes it work so well. It was almost enough to make me forget that you'd just dismissed the consequences of every crime you've ever committed in a single stroke.

Fine, let's play this game for a while. You say that what you were before is meaningless and has no bearing on who you are now. That you've changed completely and erased everything you were before. Then what's to stop that from happening all over again? What makes this new incarnation any more real or solid than your last one? How do we know that it won't just vanish tomorrow to be replaced by another murderous enemy?"

Righty
2009-09-13, 05:42 PM
She returns to her soft shyish voice but with grim pretense to it.
The reason it won't happen again, is because
Erscheinung wants to kill me...
She turn her gaze away from the captain and down towards the Lantana again. She mutters something that would only be audible to Siegfried
...to think I thought of that monster as a father...and now he wants to cut my throat.

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 05:56 PM
Siegfried's eyebrows raise in surprise, and his face shows a fair number of signs of concern. His eyes remain closed.

He restrains the urge to hug the poor girl, knowing that that would only make Kiljaeran push harder, to try to overcome his protection. Thanks to selective removal of part of the stimuli by which Lan Jia creates serenity, Siegfried is in the state that she normally invokes.

"Lan Jia-san, would you please leave us? Kiljaeran-taicho... will not feel comfortable as long as you stay here. For the record, Kiljaeran-taicho, it's not her reiatsu: it's simply who she is. You can verify that yourself if you like. She couldn't restrain it any more than I could restrain having black hair."

Anyr
2009-09-13, 06:47 PM
"That's the best that you can come up with? Von Geister wanting to kill you? What a worthless excuse. Even if you can't go back to your former friends, that doesn't keep you from becoming just as bad as them. A person doesn't need to be aligned with Toho to be evil, or with Soul Society to be good."

During the last few sentences Kiljaeran had been pacing away from Lan Jia, unable to stand being so close for any longer. Siegfried's assurances that she was innocent didn't make the woman any easier to bear. Once the screaming in his head had subsided, he turned dramatically on his heel.

"Not that I believe a word of your story, of course. All this talk about your great change is just a smoke screen to disguise the fact that the whole thing is paper thin. The idea of a member of the Espada conveniently getting the exact type of amnesia which would turn them into a good-hearted, innocent person, then joining the very people who had devoted their lives to killing her entire species is completely absurd. And your whole position here hinges on making sure that people don't think about how ridiculous the story is, doesn't it?"

Righty
2009-09-13, 07:11 PM
Isara sighs confused and getting a headache from it.
Captain Kiljaeran, the only reason I'm here today is by choice, it more than a year ago since I lost my memories. When just a shard of my memories returned one thing did become clear to me: I didn't fit in with the Espada. So I chose to not go down that path again, I chose to protect J-city from the Gillian, I chose to join Siegfried and aid him and his squad with hollows. Over the past month I've felt like I belonged, and that I meant something to others.

She once again looks up at Kiljaeran this time with a plain smile on her.
Everything I've done to this point was to better myself. You may not believe that this new side of me will last for ever and I'll let you believe that. However, defending the Mortal World against hollows and Hueco Mundo is what I want to, something I chose to do.

Isara bows towards Kiljaeran in honor this time.
I apologize if I've offended you Captain, but I have nothing but good intentions now.

Anyr
2009-09-13, 08:26 PM
Kiljaeran sighed, sensing the end of the interview. He'd heard the cycles of emotion that both the innocent and the guilty went through many times before, although they weren't always reached in the same order. After passing through the most useful ones (fear, anger and sadness), Isara had apparently settled on polite determination; Even if the whole thing was an act, there wasn't much chance of getting anything more from her now.

"The choices you've made in a single year can't erase the crimes you committed in the centuries before that. The moment that you make a wrong step and show your true colours, I'll make you pay for every one of them."

With that he abruptly turned and walked away. He didn't spare a glance for any of the assembled company, not even the mysterious woman with the bouquet and the maddening aura. He simply turned a corner and vanished among the flowers...

...before popping his head back round the corner and shouting to Isara.

"Oh, and don't bother trying that routine where you secretly summon something to attack me and then swoop in at the last minute to 'save' me from it and gain my trust. It's cheesy, overdone and it demeans us both."

And then he really was gone.

Righty
2009-09-13, 08:36 PM
Never crossed my mind.

As he walks away she waves to him and says with slight sarcasm.
Hope to speak with you again soon Captain Kiljaeran.:smallbiggrin:

After he leaves, Isara turn to Siegfried.
Is he always a grouch, or is he just doing that because I'm he really thinks I'm going to go postal again Bieber-kun? Because I like it when I do stuff that people appreicate rather then be hated for it.

Artemis Dreamer
2009-09-13, 09:01 PM
Naruhi Ziha grinned mischievously as she approached the 8th division. She missed seeing Kiljaeren. Flushing at the thought, she winced momentarily. Perhaps she was being too hasty. After the duel, which had ended with both of them in a foul mood thanks to her abuse of the negative effects of her telepathic speech, they had gone separate ways.

She had spent the majority of her time in parts unknown, as well as running assignments for the 9th. Both her arms were covered in thick bandages, and her ankle had been splinted. Needless to say, she had visited the 4th multiple times. My damned awful luck.

Straightening the belt of her short-shorts, she rolled her eyes. She shouldn't be going to the 8th division at all. Confidence entering her stride, she walked into the compound with the air of one who had business there. Like the non-seated will care anyway she chuckled inwardly.

Thankful for her 'static cling' ability, she scaled up to Kilaejan's 'office' with the agility of a spider, and sat, seemingly floating, clinging to the outside of Kiljaeran's window. Looking in, she saw a mountain of paperwork. Might as well wait for him to arrive, she thought giddily, pulling out a pack of cards from one of her many pockets. In the meantime, solitaire!

Sucrose
2009-09-13, 09:02 PM
Siegfried sighs.

"A bit of both, I'm afraid. He is quite paranoid, he works constantly, and the combination makes him a little grouchy. He'll never fully trust you, but he might eventually come to see you as less of a threat than the hollows we fight. I think that's as close as he comes for just most people. It's a little sad...

Still, he's one of the greatest stabilizing influences in the Seireitei. I trust him without reservation. I'm sorry that he was harsh with you, but I think that most will trust you sooner than him, since he's already grilled you."

He smiles slightly.

"Now, I think that's enough depressing things for now. Why don't we explore the gardens a bit more? It's been a while since I last came here..."

Besides, I need to keep an eye on Lan Jia-san.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-13, 09:13 PM
"The traitor didn't leave because of that. And don't bring up that p**** again." Tai growls out, pausing for a minute to take her bearings before pushing off in a different direction.

She's silent then, taking the rest of the trip quietly as she thinks on what she heard from Vince and Kiljaeran.

Ganurath
2009-09-13, 11:09 PM
Mesuinu had been quietly watching from a distance the entire time, her inconspicuous attire and weak reiatsu making it easy for her to avoid notice. She decides that keeping an eye on these unfamiliar elements would be a good use of her time, gripping her zanpaktou with the hand on the same side as the sheath in wary anticipation.

Righty
2009-09-14, 06:31 AM
Isara smiles.
Thanks Captain Siegfried.

She follows Siegfried as they go deeper into the gardens.

Anyr
2009-09-14, 07:13 AM
It didn't take long for Kiljaeran to get back to his office. He marched into the room and straight towards his desk, apparently oblivious to Naruhi's presence. But when he was halfway there he suddenly stopped, turned and walked straight back out again. Then back in. He hovered around the entrance, with an expression of puzzlement and confusion on his face. He carefully took hold of the door and gave it a few experimental swings, then started to examine the hinges. After that he moved on to the space under it, then to the grain of the wood. The examination complete, he stepped back and shook his head in apparent bewilderment. Then he spoke, as if to himself, in the manner of someone trying to solve a tortuous riddle.

"No, the door definitely still works...But if that's so, why is there a card-playing ninja waiting outside my window instead? It can't be for espionage, because she's about as stealthy as a pack of rampant wildebeest...Yes, this is certainly a conundrum..."

horngeek
2009-09-14, 07:49 AM
Daisuke arrives in the 9th division gardens.

Siegfried, what's this about somone who knew me?

Sucrose
2009-09-14, 07:57 AM
Siegfried points back a little ways toward the entrance, where Lan Jia is visible picking flowers with her white-robed companions.

"A young woman by the name of Lan Jia. I met her, her bodyguard, and her retinue a few minutes ago. She wishes to demonstrate her respect for the authority of the Seireitei.

Also, I would like to introduce you to Miss Isara Wessmer, former Espada Septima. Isara, this is my superior, Commander General Hayashi Daisuke."

At his second introduction, he sweeps his arm toward the arrancar just behind him.

horngeek
2009-09-14, 07:59 AM
How do you do?

Did Daisuke actually meet her?

Sucrose
2009-09-14, 08:05 AM
((If you're referring to Lan Jia, I don't know, but my guess would be 'no,' and that she got the memories from someone else. If you're referring to Isara, then unless he fought against her at some point during the First Toho Insurrection, then no. Even then, there's good money on her not remembering him.))

horngeek
2009-09-14, 08:07 AM
{{Okay, I'll go on the 'no'}}

I don't think I've met you before, Lan Jia.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-09-14, 10:38 AM
Lan Jia, though it was difficult to notice her with all of the accusations being thrown, slipped back away from Kiljaeran when he had asked and resumed working on her bouquet as if it was the only thing she had come to the Seireitei for. So when Daisuke arrived she had come up with quite the dazzling arrangement to hand over to him.

"Hello Daisuke-sama." Lan Jia says with a bow once he takes the flowers, taking a moment to compose herself before straightening up. "No, I'm sorry but we haven't met before. Just...the memory of an old painting that I still remember fondly. I didn't mean to cause confusion in that regard."

She pauses, glancing over to Siegfried and Maeda before she continues, the Blanks pausing in their own gatherings to set the flowers back down on the ground.

"Siegfried-taichou advised me that it would be considerate of me to come and meet with you, though I profess I do not understand his reasons for asking me to."

Ganurath
2009-09-14, 11:50 AM
Mesuinu watches. The Captain-Commander was certainly powerful enough, but given Captain Kiljaeran's reaction and Captain Siegfred's explanation there were powers over the mind to consider. She was rested up enough that she could probably handle two more shunpo: Move in, grab the "guest's" intended victim, and move out.

Righty
2009-09-14, 03:08 PM
Daisuke's reiatsu is much more pleasant to Isara compared to Kiljaeran's. She steps up behind Siegfried and bows.
Its an honor to meet you Commander Captain Daisuke.

Isara extends her hand for Daisuke to shake if he wants to. She has a joyful, harmless smile on her face smiling to him.
This is a beautiful place you got here.

horngeek
2009-09-14, 03:11 PM
Thank you.

Unfortunately, it's under threat.

Righty
2009-09-14, 03:27 PM
Isara is slightly confused by the comment.
In danger? I hope I'm not the threat your referring too. Captain Kiljaeran said the same thing about me.

horngeek
2009-09-14, 03:29 PM
The other Espada.

Kiljaeran... is under a lot of stress.

Which is a polite way of saying that Daisuke is considering placing him on compulsory stress leave.

I should have done that before the timeskip, shouldn't I?

Righty
2009-09-14, 03:40 PM
((Compulsory stress leave, LoL!))

Another Espada...

Isara thinks for a moment then looks at Daisuke with a rather dumb look.
Which Espada?:smallconfused:

horngeek
2009-09-14, 03:47 PM
All of them.

Righty
2009-09-14, 03:54 PM
((Hmm...maybe this would be a good time to reveal Isara's special garganta))

Can I help you guys? I been trying to figure out how to dethrone Von Geister for quite sometime.

horngeek
2009-09-14, 03:58 PM
Oh, yes.

Any way you can help us would be appreciated.

Righty
2009-09-14, 04:09 PM
((Yay reveal time.))

Isara looks around for shadows on the ground and finds two.
Well then watch this Commander.

Isara walks over to the shadow. As she steps on it her foot sinks in. She walks down into the shadow as if walking down stairs until she disappears.

About ten seconds later a shadow couple meters away makes a slight whirring noise as Isara steps out of the shadow. She waves to Daisuke and Siegfried.

horngeek
2009-09-14, 04:11 PM
Ohhh... that's useful.

Can you do it faster?

Sucrose
2009-09-14, 04:18 PM
Siegfried smiles and waves back.

Interesting use: I've never seen that ability before. If all shadows can serve as garganta for her, then not only is she a Captain-level ally, but she can also begin to accommodate for our loss of the Klossners...

He stays silent, allowing the Commander General to make his own opinions regarding the arrancar before them.

Righty
2009-09-14, 04:23 PM
She makes a sort of embarassed look on her face kind of laughing.
Eh, heh, heh...Can't really say right now, since I just learned how to use it again but when I used it to travel back from Rome to J-City it only took me a couple minutes.

She thinks to herself for a second.
I think I'll call that ability...Sombra Garganta. Depending on the size of the shadow, I can carry multiple people as well...I think. Wanna try it?:smallbiggrin:

Sucrose
2009-09-14, 04:58 PM
Siegfried shrugs and walks over.

"I suppose that I'll give it a try. It'd be useful to know."

Righty
2009-09-14, 05:03 PM
Isara guides Siegfried over to the same shadow she used before and steps on it. She giggles a little as the shadow whirs to reveal a small set of stairs with the other side of the garden visible on the other side.
Hee, hee, you might feel a bit of a tickle on your skin, Siegfried.

She steps through motioning for him to follow.

Sucrose
2009-09-14, 05:08 PM
Siegfried tries to follow her down the stairs.

Ganurath
2009-09-14, 05:11 PM
Siegfred's efforts are intercepted by a hand on the shoulder. "With all due respect, sir, a Captain's life is too valuable to experiment with."

Righty
2009-09-14, 05:17 PM
Isara is about to close the Garganta then sees Captain Kotetsu stopping Siegfried.
Aww...why are you stopping him?:smallfrown: We were going to appear 50 feet away from here.

((shoot sorry missed you post Ganurath.))

Ganurath
2009-09-14, 05:35 PM
((May want to edit that post to be a reaction to Mesuinu, then.))