PDA

View Full Version : Outside VII: Open longer than a 7-11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2009-09-10, 12:16 AM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[Greensbrook]

A peaceful farming village overseen by John De Metz. Formerly home to Rocky the Render. Notable families included the Bobrow and Giles families.

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Whitemount]

A rather large town with some scattered farms and the seat of a duchy.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Special: Reinholdt will update the Outside threads and post new ones when it is time. Please don't post a new thread without his permission or he is away for an extended period of time.
Thank you.

happyturtle
2009-09-10, 12:23 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Thanks. Melody smiles. But now I feel kinda foolish.

"We all do foolish things from time to time," Gersemi says, with a smile, and descends the ladder and returns to the hut.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 08:26 AM
[Riverbank]

Corentin nods. "The ridge might indeed offer us an advantage."

From the last thread.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 09:11 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli stirs and wakes up, automatically looking for Tranquil.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 09:27 AM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil doesn't appear to be about...
If Milli searches, she'll find a small note telling her that Tranquil had to go take care of a few things at the temple, but should be back relatively soon.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 09:36 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli finds the note after a short search. Hmm. So she has a bit of time on her hands.

First, check to see if Tranquil left anything that smells yummy out. Second... I dunno. Poke around in her things?

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 09:42 AM
[Cemetery]

As luck would have it, there is a fruit and nut based bread cooling on a small rack near the oven...
Very tasty and fresh.

As for the second, well, Vael assumes Milli won't be too inquisitive about the various creepy objects in Tranquil's house, however, she does find a small collection of books, and what might be Tranquil's private journal.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 09:44 AM
[Cemetery]

Munching (with appreciative mmm's) on a slice of the bread, Milli decides to take just a peek in the books.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 09:46 AM
[Cemetery]

A large number of books are filled with various information on necromancy and the underworld. However, there are also a slim pair of books that contain recipes (mostly for baking), and another which appears to be a novel of some kind.

The journal remains temptingly unopened.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 09:51 AM
[Cemetery]

Unable to resist the temptation, Milli decides to...

Peek over her shoulder to see if there is any sign of Tranquil returning, then to peek into the journal.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:00 AM
[Cemetery]

Hmmm, Tranquil doesn't seem to be coming back...
To the journal!
Milli is greeted with poetry... but, as Tranquil hinted at before, this poetry isn't very good. She's obviously not too experienced at it, and there is a certain emotional depth it is lacking.
Looking through a few more pages will reveal a few actual journal entries of different days- notes of different things she's seen and noted. Most of them aren't overly significant, but a few detail odd events between the underworld and nexus.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:02 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli checks the most recent entries.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:12 AM
[Cemetery]

There are two entries from a recent date.

One of them is dated from when Milli first arrived. Tranquil detailed her fears that this would be no different from interacting with any other person- that Milli would fail to understand the way she thought, lived, and what her goals and hopes were.
How can I expect someone who still lives, and has not seen or felt the underworld, to understand what I feel and know?
At the very bottom of the entry are a few more words, added later with a different quill.
She doesn't understand.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:14 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli sighs, looking down at those last words, staring at them for a while before looking at the second entry.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-10, 10:16 AM
Gersemi's Isle
"Charles Patrick" is hard at work, making repairs.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:17 AM
[Cemetery]

The next entry is a little more hopeful, and very recent- it was made this morning, in fact. She can see that Tranquil is somewhat more satisfied with things, but there is still a note of hesitation and uncertainty. Clearly not all of her fear and worries have been dispelled.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:18 AM
[Cemetery]

Well, Milli will just have to do something about that!

Milli moves to replace everything before Tranquil returns.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:23 AM
[Cemetery]

...time passes.
Milli may slowly get the feeling that the contents of the note implied she'd be back before noon, and its getting past that point now...

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:40 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli begins to get nervous. What could be keeping Tranquil? Surely she intended to be back before now?

Milli heads upstairs to the cemetery proper.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:42 AM
[Cemetery]

No sign of Tranquil in the cemetery...

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:43 AM
[Cemetery]

A flutter of wings announces Milli's change into a keen eyed bird of prey. She flies up and circles the cemetery, looking around for any sign of Tranquil.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:48 AM
[Cemetery]

She's definitely not in the cemetery... but she might notice something occurring at the edge of the city.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:49 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli does notice this, and wheels in the sky to head towards it and get a better look.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 10:54 AM
[Cemetery]

By the time she gets there, whatever occurred is over... but she can see a group of people quickly heading off, and Tranquil slowly walking towards the cemetery.
Very slowly. In fact, she might be limping.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 10:55 AM
[Cemetery]

Oh, dear.

Milli swoops down beside Tranquil, shifting back quickly into her trueform. "Tranquil? Are you okay?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:01 AM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil gives a grimace.
"Not really."
She has a few bruises, and she's limping pretty badly.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 11:04 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli's eyes widen as she moves to support Tranquil. "What happened!?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:06 AM
[Cemetery]

"Just some disagreeable people..."
Tranquil says with a sigh, shaking her head.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 11:09 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli tries to get Tranquil to stop so that she can look at her injury. Not that she has anything more than the most basic of medical skills.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:18 AM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil isn't really so bad- some bruising and a bit of a sprain are the worst she's suffering.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 11:31 AM
[Cemetery]

Well, then, Milli will just give Tranquil a careful hug. "I'm so sorry. Has this happened before?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:32 AM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil nods to Milli, giving a sigh.
"Lets go home."

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 11:44 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli nods, biting her lip as she measures the distance between here and the cemetery. They were at the edge of the city, so it might be a ways...

If so, Milli might shift into the shape of a small horse so that Tranquil doesn't have to limp all the way home.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:48 AM
It really isn't too far, so Tranquil just leans a bit on Milli and limps back to the house.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 11:50 AM
Of course, once they are back home, Milli tries to get Tranquil into her chair and starts fussing over her.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:55 AM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil sits with a sigh, curling up a little in the chair.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 11:57 AM
[Cemetery]

Milli tries to wrap her up in her blankets. "...why did they do this?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 11:58 AM
[Cemetery]

"Because I'm a necromancer, and a ghost blood. I'm an outcaste."
Tranquil gives a shrug.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:01 PM
[Cemetery]

"You said this has happened before. Is it the same people every time?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:03 PM
[Cemetery]

"Sometimes. Not always."
Tranquil is a bit terse, rather embarrassed about the incident.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:15 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli pauses, catching the drift. "I'm just worried about you."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:17 PM
[Cemetery]

"I know."
Tranquil says, shifting a little.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:24 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli sighs and rests against Tranquil, making sure not to hurt her.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:26 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil gently puts an arm around Milli, closing her eyes.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:30 PM
[Cemetery]

"I could do something about it, if you want. Talk to the more persistent ones, get them to leave you alone."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:33 PM
[Cemetery]

"No, no, I don't want to do that."
Tranquil says quickly.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 12:34 PM
[Riverbank]

"I believe so. Let us head upstream and see if we can't find anything that looks familiar."

Sounds like a plan to me. Shrike produces her sword, and frowns a little as she looks it over. I really should see about getting this thing upgraded, much as I love it it can't take what I dish out anymore...

[Beach]

Yeah, probably so.

May is building a sandcastle!

Erin, meanwhile, is leaning back on a towel, sunglasses and a smile on her face as she soaks in the sun.

Her player goes to make a tektek. :smalltongue:

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:37 PM
[Cemetery]

"So what, then? Are you just going to keep letting them hurt you?"

___

[Riverbank]

Corentin looks at the blade. "What do you mean, Miss Shrike?"

___

[Beach]

May gets up and looks down satisfied at the structure she's built.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:38 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil gives a shrug and a tiny wince, avoiding Milli's gaze.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:44 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli isn't happy with this answer, not one bit.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:45 PM
[Cemetery]

Well isn't that a surprise?
Tranquil just folds a blanket around herself, trying to forget it.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 12:47 PM
[Riverbank]

It might be noted by Corentin that the blade, although glistening, looks...discolored, somehow.

It's my father's sword. It's all I have left of him and Mother...
Shrike trails off, for a moment seemingly unable, or unwilling, to speak.
It's magic and it's something I can't give up, but when I channel my energy through it I'm abusing it. I've thought about asking Yaza for a short sword to match it, using it for my powers instead of this one.

[Beach]

Erin turns her head and eyes the sandcastle, then grins. Now all you need is an army of fiddler crabs to lay siege to it.

Ta-DAH!
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/0909/d10/1246/3309566.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/30949089)

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:48 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli would like to push Tranquil more on this, but decides not to. "You went to the temple, right? How was Glorious?"

[Riverbank]

Corentin nods. "I see." He seems to be caught up in some thought.

[Beach]

May shakes her head. "I prefer peace, thanks."

Dirk Kris
2009-09-10, 12:48 PM
Gersemi's
"Charles Patrick" sort of fades into deadtime for...a while. Until I feel like playing him again.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:49 PM
[Cemetery]

"Fine. I didn't talk to her much."
Tranquil says.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:51 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli nods. "Well, that's nice... everyone else is alright too?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 12:55 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil nods absently, smoothing out the blanket at her feet.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 12:58 PM
[Cemetery]

Well, at least Milli could focus on the here and now safely. Milli reaches out to brush Tranquil's hair.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:00 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil closes her eyes and rests her head on Milli's shoulder.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:03 PM
[Cemetery]

"Can I ask you something?" Milli keeps stroking Tranquil's soft hair.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 01:04 PM
[Beach]

Si vis pacem, para bellum, Erin quotes almost absent-mindedly, then chuckles and nods, removing her glasses to smile at May. I have to agree with you there. You know, I have an idea...

Grabbing a nearby tiny, iridescent shell off the beach, Erin stands and walks over to the sandcastle, then carefully presses it against one of the 'walls', above where the doorway would be as if a sigil. How's that?

---

[Riverbank]

...ah, well. Shrike, snapping out of her woolgathering, sheathes the sword. Shall we be off?

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:07 PM
[Cemetery]

"Sure..."
Tranquil says quietly, enjoying the feeling.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:10 PM
[Beach]

May smiles. "That's great..."

___

[Riverbank]

Corentin nods and heads upstream.

___

[Cemetery]

"I know what you want for yourself, but what do you want for me?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:12 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil considers that, thinking for a while.
"Whatever makes you and others happy, I suppose."

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 01:14 PM
[Riverbank]

Shrike nods, and follows, still looking somewhat...pensive, for want of a better term.
She does keep her eyes sharply peeled, though, and her ears alert.

[Beach]

I thought you might like that. Erin slips her arm around her daughter's shoulders and gives her a squeeze. I'm glad we came here. This is great.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:14 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli nods, thinking about this. "...of course, what I think will make me happy conflicts a little bit with what you want for yourself..."

[Riverbank]

Eventually, they will reach the point where they entered the river at, and can proceed back towards Ghost Rock.

[Beach]

May smiles and hugs her mother. "Thanks. I'll always remember this, and how I feel right now."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:15 PM
[Cemetery]

"Death doesn't mean someone is gone, Milli."
Tranquil says gently.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:16 PM
[Cemetery]

"Maybe not... but things won't be the same as they are now, will they?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:18 PM
[Cemetery]

"That's somewhat the point."
Tranquil observes.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:19 PM
[Cemetery]

"And I know things aren't the best for you right now, but I think they can get better. Yes, better than when... after you get what you want. What you think you want."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:23 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil sighs and shakes her head at Milli.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 01:24 PM
(("You don't always get what you want, sometimes you get what you need..."))

[Beach]

Me too, sweetie. Erin leans back after a minute, smiling. Maybe we should get some pizza later too. She winks, as a flock of terns squawks its way by just offshore.

[Riverbank]

Well, at least this looks familiar, Shrike observes, moving forwards to take the lead as they head back to the ridge.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:31 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli sighs herself, realizing that she's being a bit pushy. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

___

[Beach]

May smiles at Erin. "That might be nice."

___

[Riverbank/Ghost Rock]

The two ridges that surround Ghost Rock will quickly come into sight.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:34 PM
[Cemetery]

"Maybe you're right, Milli. But you don't even try to understand, so how could you know?"

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:37 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli is quiet for a few seconds. "...alright. So maybe I should experience it first hand."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:39 PM
[Cemetery]

"How would you do that?"
Tranquil asks.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:40 PM
[Cemetery]

"Well, I could go to the Underworld. You can take me there, right?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:46 PM
[Cemetery]

"I... guess. But would you really feel at home there?"

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:48 PM
[Cemetery]

"...no. If I understand correctly, not at all. But I have to try."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:50 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil sighs, folding her arms around herself.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 01:54 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli sighs again. "I'm sorry. We were getting along fine, and then I had to go and mess things up."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 01:59 PM
[Cemetery]

"Were we? Or were we just ignoring the issues?"
Tranquil asks.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 02:04 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli doesn't have a good answer for that.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 02:08 PM
[Cemetery]

"Maybe you should go for a while."
Suggests Tranquil.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 02:20 PM
[Cemetery]

"I don't want to. I want to work things out between us. I want things to be right between us."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 02:21 PM
[Cemetery]

"You want things to be the way you want them."
Counters Tranquil.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 02:26 PM
[Cemetery]

"But the way I want them is the way I think you'll be most happy. I really do think that."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 02:30 PM
[Cemetery]

"Maybe."
Tranquil says doubtfully.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 02:47 PM
[Cemetery]

"...do you want me to go?"

((But NK will deadtime for a bit.))

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 02:48 PM
[Cemetery]

There's a long silence as Tranquil considers it, trying to decide how she felt.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 04:15 PM
[Cemetery]

NK finds that he cannot speak substantially about a silence, as assigning it qualities is difficult for him.

He can say that Milli looks sad and apologetic, and does really enjoy Tranquil's presence and company when they aren't fighting.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 04:18 PM
[Cemetery]

"I... I don't know. I think I need a little time."
Says Tranquil.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 04:21 PM
[Cemetery]

"...okay. Should I go outside and wait or...?"

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 04:23 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil bites her lip.
"Maybe... you should go see Sibyl and come back."

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 04:26 PM
[Cemetery]

"...alright."

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 04:27 PM
[Cemetery]

"Sorry."
Tranquil manages.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 04:28 PM
[Cemetery]

"It's okay. My fault, really." Milli stands.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 04:32 PM
[Cemetery]

Tranquil looks down, just waiting for Milli to go or... do something.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 04:36 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli leans down and tries to get a kiss from Tranquil, gently trying to take Tranquil's chin in her hand.

Earl of Purple
2009-09-10, 04:38 PM
Streets to Erin's Emporium

There's a kobold headed to Erin's Emporium. It has brown scales and eyes and is wearing a jumper, what were originally shorts but have been adapted into trousers for a 3ft tall being with a tail and, just noticable under the jumper, a chain mail vest. Reaching the door, the kobold reaches up to the handle and tries to enter.
Wrong thread

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 04:39 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli leans down and tries to get a kiss from Tranquil, gently trying to take Tranquil's chin in her hand.

Tranquil lets her, relaxing just a little as she returns the kiss.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 04:42 PM
[Cemetery]

Milli pulls back just slightly, and looks into Tranquil's eyes. "I love you."

And after waiting long enough for Tranquil's reply, she'll go to Sibyl's.

AmberVael
2009-09-10, 04:52 PM
[Cemetery]

"I love you too."
Annnnd deadtime.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 05:17 PM
[Beach]

May smiles at Erin. "That might be nice."

It would. Erin nods, beaming back, before looking up at a passing pelican. Which also serves to hide the mist in her eyes.

The two ridges that surround Ghost Rock will quickly come into sight.

Shrike slows as they approach, straining her senses to see if the missing 'guard' has been noticed and replaced.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 05:21 PM
[Beach]

May looks at the waves, smiling, although perhaps a bit forced, letting the silence linger on.

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike might see a figure on the ridge, albeit a smaller one than the beastie they slew.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 06:14 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Shrike freezes, raising a hand. And swears Looks to me like we took too long in killing that sonofagun.

---

[Beach]

That could last for awhile...
Finally Erin sighs, and, shaking her hair, turns back to May. One more swim?

Lex-Kat
2009-09-10, 06:17 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody, after a long day of practicing Spinning and Weaving, Goes to the back aread and shoots her 9mm at imaginary targets in the sea.

She tries hard not to hit any sea animals.

Neon Knight
2009-09-10, 07:18 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Corentin halts. "It seems so. What shall we do?"

[Beach]

May nods. "Alright."

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 09:52 PM
[Beach]

Smiling happily, Erin stands, and winks at May.
Last one in is a rotten egg.
And she runs for the water!

[Ghost Rock]

...hope he's squishier than the bigger one was? Shrike ventures half-heartedly.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 10:34 AM
[Beach]

Giggling, May chases after Erin.

[Ghost Rock]

"That seems to be our only hope. It does seem to be smaller."

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 01:27 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Where's Obi-Wan Kenobi when you need him? :smalltongue:

On three, then?

[Beach]

Erin makes a point of running slow enough for May to catch up, so they reach the water together.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 02:06 PM
[Beach]

May smiles at her mother as they reach the waterline.

[Ghost Rock]

Corentin nods.

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 02:29 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Shrike takes her sword in a two-handed grip and takes a deep breath.
[size=1]One.
Two
Three!

Charge!

[Beach]

Erin grins back - and spins to do a backflip into the water!

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 02:36 PM
[Beach]

May's eyes widen appreciably as she simply jumps into the water.

[Ghost Rock]

The smaller beast upon the ridge lets out a cry, and more beasts emerge form around Ghost Rock and the ridge line. Unlike the great beast they fought earlier, each of the lesser beasts is a tauric combination of a man and a single animal spirit.

The smaller corruptions move towards them, intent on joining battle.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 02:40 PM
[Woods]
Alexis wakes up from her few nights with Alex.

[Cave]
Krisonna is in the cave with presumably Nico.

McBish
2009-09-11, 02:41 PM
[Cave]

Yep Nico is there just waking up himself.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 02:44 PM
[Cave]
Krisonna stretches a little. Morning.

McBish
2009-09-11, 02:46 PM
Morning to you as well love. He leans over to give her a hug and a kiss.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 02:47 PM
She returns both gestures very happily. Sleep well?

McBish
2009-09-11, 02:49 PM
Very well. So what shall we do today?

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 02:52 PM
Something exciting. She suggests, propping up on an elbow to watch him.

McBish
2009-09-11, 02:55 PM
He looks at her and thinks. Sounds fun, any ideas?

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:00 PM
We could go flying some. Or more treasure hunting. She shrugs.

McBish
2009-09-11, 03:00 PM
Nico sits up, Maybe combine the two?

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:11 PM
Really like flying with me? She asks sounding hopeful.

McBish
2009-09-11, 03:16 PM
I love flying with you. Let's go. He says getting up and getting dressed.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:22 PM
She laughs softly and gets up to dress as well. Smiling she heads out of the cave to shift for him.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 03:26 PM
((If you two do go treasure hunting, may I insert a complication into that scenario?))

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:27 PM
((Sure can! :smallbiggrin:))

McBish
2009-09-11, 03:44 PM
((God, I suck at keeping track of where I am.))

Nico happily climbs onto her back. Ready when you are.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:45 PM
She nuzzles him before he climbs on before taking off higher into the mountains.

McBish
2009-09-11, 03:48 PM
And he holds on smiling and peeking at the landscape below them.

((Feel free NK.))

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:53 PM
They're pretty high up as she lands near the top of one of the mountains. They're near the opening of a large cave.

McBish
2009-09-11, 03:54 PM
Nico climbs off her back and pulls a small stone out of his pocket. He concentrates and it lights up, learning that being in the dark wasn't fun last time.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 03:57 PM
She tilts her head to the side before changing back. Sometimes I forget not everyone can see like I can.

McBish
2009-09-11, 04:00 PM
Figured it would work better then a torch. Shall we go? He says slowly heading for the cave.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 04:05 PM
Yeah, sounds good. They can both fit through the large opening that leads into a room with two separate tunnels.

McBish
2009-09-11, 04:06 PM
Nico steps inside looking around. Right then, which way?

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 04:12 PM
She bites her lip. I'm not sure...It's down a tunnel but I can't tell which.

McBish
2009-09-11, 04:37 PM
Nico nods looks at both of them then nods down the left one. Let's go that way.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 04:39 PM
She nods. Fifty-fifty chance after all. The tunnel is long and dark. The darkness almost seems to engulf the light.

McBish
2009-09-11, 04:40 PM
Nico shakes the stone looking at it angrily. He payed decent money for this thing and hoping he wasn't ripped off. But he keeps a close eye on the path in front of him as he continues.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 04:45 PM
It's not the stone. She whispers. It's magic, keeping it low. Not good magic either.

McBish
2009-09-11, 04:53 PM
Nico growls and keeps a careful eye open for any more trouble as he pushes on down the corridor.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 04:54 PM
She follows him along as they come to a room with a wooden door.

McBish
2009-09-11, 04:58 PM
Nico steps up to it and presses his ear to the door listening for any noises beyond the door.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:02 PM
It's completely silent. In fact, the whole cave is silent not even a dripping noise. She nods to him and slowly goes to open the door.

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:06 PM
Nico stands and waits to see what is on the other side.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:08 PM
It's a room with empty bookshelves all around. The light seems to shine a bit brighter in there.

((Feel free to godmod anything. I'm just making this up as I go.))

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:09 PM
((I would, but I'm saving up my creative juices for DMing tonight.))

Nico heads over to the bookshelf looking through the variety of books on the shelf.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:12 PM
((Heh.))

The few books are all stuck on the shelves and don't seem to be moving. Krisonna doesn't look too happy as she closes her eyes trying to sense anything.

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:15 PM
That's weird thinks Nico. Then grins and tries to push the bookcase aside.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:17 PM
He'll have to push, really push. It's stuck and might move a little at a time. My hero...

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:18 PM
Well he is really strong, so he keeps pushing hoping to find what is behind it.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:20 PM
It seems to have been a trap of some sort. It quickly releases a small bit of gas at Nico that should render him paralyzed for a few moments.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:22 PM
((Perhaps now would be a good point to insert a complication?))

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:23 PM
Sounds good to me NK.

Nico pauses and sways a bit stiffening up and falling over to the ground.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:28 PM
((Go for it.))

Krisonna runs over and catches him. Damn traps. It should wear off. She tries to soothe.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:29 PM
From behind them, down the passage way they came, they should head the sound of voices speaking quietly, and boots upon the cavern floor.

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:32 PM
Nico eyes move but his body seems frozen for a bit longer.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:34 PM
Krisonna quickly pulls him behind the bookcase, peeking her head out to see who comes down.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:36 PM
If the wooden door is still open, the footsteps pause at it and a string of rapid, hushed conversation might be overheard. They won't understand it unless they speak German.

A short while later, a man cautiously steps through the doorway. He's dressed in jackboots, a steel helmet, and a gray with gray green uniform. He looks about cautiously, sweeping the muzzle of a sub-machine gun over the room.

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:39 PM
Nico slowly starts to regain the ability to move, he groans slightly.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:41 PM
She covers his mouth but the others probably heard it. She tries to pull him deeper behind the case but there isn't far to go.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:42 PM
The Nazi has indeed heard the moan, and he points his weapon in the direction that the sound come from. "Halte! Hände hoch!"

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:45 PM
Nico's eye widen and he stays quiet, slowly sitting up and trying to stand up.

((Deadtime soon.))

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:46 PM
Stay here. She puts up her scales and slowly heads out, holding up her hands. The bullets won't penetrate her scales too much if they start shooting.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:49 PM
The Nazi keeps his gun on her even as his eyes widen, and he calls over his shoulder in German again.

A few more Nazis start to file through the door, some armed with sub-machine guns, a few with rifles, and one carrying a machine gun, all before an officer in the infamous all black SS uniform steps in. "What do we have here?" It appears that he speaks common.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:52 PM
She eyes the machine guns, knowing those could do some damage to her. Just doing a little treasure hunting.

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:52 PM
Nico stands and waits, though he doesn't seem happy to do so.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:55 PM
"Oh? Interesting. My men and I have the same objective."

The Nazi soldiers seem tense as they try to keep Nico and Krisonna covered.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 05:56 PM
Nico is still behind the bookcase, they shouldn't be able to see him.

Krisonna slowly nods, standing firm. Since I was here first, I'm guessing you find a new place to hunt.

McBish
2009-09-11, 05:57 PM
Nico falls into deadtime though where he stands.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 05:59 PM
Oop, my apologies. Just Krisonna, then.

The officer considers her scaled form, obviously trying to measure up the threat level she presents. "That course is not appealing to me, as my men have already traveled far just to reach this place."

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:01 PM
The scale scales should tip off what sort of dragon she is. There's plenty of treasure in these mountains. I'm sure you can find something else.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 06:04 PM
That's true, but age is also a concern. Another concern being if the officer knows what a dragon is.

The officer pauses to consider his decision.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:06 PM
Her scales glisten and fists clench, waiting for his answer or attack.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 06:07 PM
The officer decides that engaging a metahuman of an unknown threat level is too risky given his limited resources. "Very well." The officers gives some orders and the Nazis start to back off.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:12 PM
Krisonna doesn't move until they've cleared out. The dragoness stands her ground in order to protect Nico.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 06:17 PM
The Nazis pull out of the room, deciding that discretion is the better part of valor.

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 06:21 PM
[Woods]

Alex seems to be dozing, hugging Alexis tightly.

[Beach]

Erin swims out a little, a smile on her face.

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike slows at seeing the reinforcements. Great...

She decides to try something different, and skids to a halt, holding out her sword and raising a hand...

[Goblin]Do you speak!

((Not sure how much I'll post. Feeling bleh mentally tonight.))

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:23 PM
[Woods]
Alexis kisses his cheek softly.

[Cave]
Krisonna sighs once they leave and goes back to the deadtimed Nico.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 06:25 PM
[Beach]

May swims out with her.

[Ghost Rock]

The only reply Shrike gets is teeth going for her throat as a mountain lion corruption leaps at her.

Corentin draws the two daggers she gave him and fights with a stag corruption.

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 06:30 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Well, that answers that...
Shrike swings her sword around, holding it in both hands, and channeling her power into it.

Her intent being for the nasty kitty to take it down the throat, point first...

[Beach]

A little ways out Erin stops and, grinning, waits for May to catch up.

So she can splash her, of course.

[Woods]

Alex smiles, his eyes fluttering open. Why, hello there.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:31 PM
[Woods]
Hey handsome. Sleep well? Her hair is a tangled mess but she doesn't seem to mind.

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 06:39 PM
[Woods]

He doesn't mind either. :smalltongue:
Very well, having you here. He smiles and squeezes her just a little.

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:42 PM
[Woods]
She cuddles close to him. I think that's the best I've slept in a while.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 06:44 PM
[Beach]

May is splashed. "Hey, no fair!"

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike's maneuver ends up with a catman-kabob.

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 06:53 PM
[Woods]

Me too. Alex smiles and reaches to softly brush Alexis' hair.

[Beach]

Hey, yourself. You want fair, splash back! Erin laughs and spreads her arms in a 'hit me if you can' gesture, a big grin on her face.

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike spins her catman-kebob sword over her head, once, twice, three times, faster, then throws it out at one of the other opponents.

Her intent being an Awesome Fighting Move with the skewered catman flying off and into said opponent.

Who's next?!

((Dinner))

SeptAngel
2009-09-11, 06:57 PM
[Woods]
She blushes, knowing it's messy. Want to find that river and go for a dip? She teasingly asks.

Neon Knight
2009-09-11, 06:59 PM
[Beach]

May responds by splashing her mother with a spray of sea water.

[Ghost Rock]

A horse corruption is knocked down by the mountain lion's corruption.

Corentin continues to hold off the stag corruption as a buffalo and eagle corruption move in on Shrike.

((Deadtime myself.))

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 11:38 AM
[Village]

Nazi pillaging continues unabated.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 11:56 AM
[Village]

The noisy zeppelin/ether flyer goes by overhead. The Nazis will certainly notice it.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:00 PM
[Village]

Indeed, they do. The Nazis take cover in some of the buildings as the zeppelin flies overhead.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:02 PM
[Village]

What might Dr Ferris Fitzhenry see when he passes overhead then?

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:07 PM
[Village]

He'll see a village, of course. He'll also a large crowd of villagers, the inhabitants, herded off to one side. He'll also probably see a few people dashing to and from the buildings as the Nazis relay orders to one another through runners. A few Nazis have taken cover in the light trees to make sure the villagers stay out of the way.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:09 PM
[Village]

So it definitely looks like trouble. Or something odd, in any event.

Dr Fitzhenry goes to land his ether flyer a short distance away from the herded villagers.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:16 PM
[Village]

Our goose-stepping villains curse their luck. A small part of 6 Nazis is assembled to go out to investigate the flier.

The village layout, for reference, is simple; dwellings are built along the base of a steep ridge. Elder's houses, a small temple, and other public places are built on the top of the ridge. About 10 Nazis lie in wait in buildings on the top of the ridge, overlooking and covering the whole village with their fire. 4 Nazis are arranges around the villager herd a short distance away from the lower village. All in all, around 20 fighting Nazis.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:19 PM
[Village]

Dr Fitzhenry is not the most imposing fellow as he emerges from his ether flyer in his waistcoat and bowler hat. "Good day to you, officers. What army do you represent?"

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0908/d27/2145/f096221.png

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:24 PM
[Village]

The Nazis look like... well, Nazis. A group of men dressed in jackboots, gray-green uniforms, and distinctive steel helmets, lead by an officer in a sharp all black uniform. "We are the last sons of the Third Reich." Fitzpatrick might recognize the German accent or the occasional muttering in that tongue from the soldiers.

They don't point their weapons at him, but do keep them at the ready.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:26 PM
[Village]

"The Third Reich? I can't say I've heard of you. So you don't serve under King Magtok?" Fitzhenry asks.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:28 PM
[Village]

There is a bit of an upstart among the Nazi ranks at this. "...no, we do not."

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:30 PM
[Village]

"Then you clearly have no lawful business here. Cease and desist at once!" the pompous little man says.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:36 PM
[Village]

The office regards the not too imposing Doctor with a cool indifference. "No, I believe we shall not. And as a matter of fact... your machine is interesting. I believe I want to take a closer look at it." The Nazi troopers move to surround our good doctor.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:40 PM
[Village]

Fitzhenry takes a few steps backwards in the direction of his flyer, and raises his walking stick. "That's quite close enough, Sir." he says sternly.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:45 PM
[Village]

Although the Nazis have been admonished by their superiors to exercise caution in dealing with Nexus inhabitants, whose appearances can be quite deceiving, this particular officer has grown bold from the success his men have had in keeping these villagers under control and from Fitzhenry's unassuming and somewhat familiar appearance. "Seize him, and the flier!"

A pair of goons make to grab Fitzhenry.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:49 PM
Fitzhenry pushes a button on his walking stick and the air around the nearest goon should suddenly drop in temperature drastically, encasing the Nazi in ice.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 12:54 PM
The Nazi is put on ice as his companion halts and stares in horror, muttering "Mein Gott!"

The Nazi officer is quick to react, speaking an order in German. The 3 Nazis behind them raise their rifles and level them at Fitzhenry.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:59 PM
[Village]

"Now, Sirs. This is what we are going to do. I am going to get on my ether flyer and leave, and you are going to remain here and thaw out your comrade before he asphyxiates. No one else needs to get hurt." He continues backing towards his flyer, with his stick pointed at the officer.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 01:03 PM
[Village]

The Nazi officer's fist clenches clearly angered by this turn of events.

His hand twitches, which might give Fitzhenry a bit of warning as he tries to draw a Luger and shoot the walking stick out of Fitzhenry's hand. The officer has obviously practiced such tricks as the ranged disarm and the fast draw before, but is by no means accomplished at them or an expert in their use.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 01:11 PM
[Village]

The twitch gives him enough warning to push the button, but probably not in time to prevent the shot going off. Fitzhenry is shot in the arm and yelps in pain. He loses hold of the stick, but it doesn't fall. It appears to be dangling from a wrist strap from the wounded arm that he's cradling as he turns and bolts for the flyer.

With guns already aimed at him, this was probably not the smartest move on his part.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 01:19 PM
[Village]

Actually, due to the button press, the Nazi officer is a popsicle as well, correct? If so, the Nazi troopers are actually more inclined to tend to their officer and their comrade than to pursue or shoot at Fitzhenry, at least initially.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 01:27 PM
[Village]

Yes, he's a popsicle. As long as the officers are thawed out in a timely manner, they should survive.

Fitzhenry makes it into his flyer, and the door closes behind him, but there seems to be a distinct lack of the flyer taking off.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 01:29 PM
[Village]

The Nazis pick up their officer and comrade and haul them towards the village, shouting for help.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 01:33 PM
[Village]

No help arrives from the ether flyer. It just sits there. Perhaps the mad scientist is inside vamping up his ice ray to freeze the entire village!

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 01:35 PM
Well, after the Nazis get back and start to relate what happened, another group is deployed to deal with the flier.

A 6 man machine gun crew begins to set up their weapon at the edge of the village, having redeployed from the upper village upon the ridge.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 01:39 PM
[Village]

As they are setting up, the flyer finally takes off, very clumsily leaping into the air, and then falling a few feet, and then rising again. It is certainly not flying as smoothly as it was before, and it's much noisier. Sort of like the sound a car makes when you try to drive it in first gear.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 01:43 PM
[Village]

The crew sets up and opens fire at the flier, although its erratic flight path and the limited traverse of the gunner's tripod should keep Fitzhenry and his flier mostly safe from the MG 34.

Darkcomet
2009-09-12, 01:51 PM
[Village]

A massive shadow suddenly looms over the village.

Looking up will reveal the source, the mammoth airship Haven.

Might distract someone.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 01:53 PM
[Village]

Erratic flying continues. The ether flyer seems to be headed in the direction of the Mag Cave.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 01:53 PM
[Village]

These are some unlucky Nazis. Everyone keeps stumbling across them!

The Nazi machine gun crew breaks off their attack and the Nazis scramble for cover again, but their officer is still undergoing defrosting, so their chain of command is a bit less efficient.

Darkcomet
2009-09-12, 02:05 PM
[Village]

The airship is passing over harmlessly. How odd.

If the Nazis look more closely, they might see that it has no visible weapons.

Neon Knight
2009-09-12, 02:08 PM
[Village]

Well, that's a relief for the Nazis.

At any rate, the Nazis are going to start packing up and preparing to move out with anything valuable they salvaged from the village.

The Bushranger
2009-09-12, 08:34 PM
[Woods]

Alex grins. That sounds like a good plan to me...

[Beach]

Erin falls over backwards, pretending to be drowning!
The giggles give it away, though...

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike decides the buffalo is the bigger threat, and tries to leap up...and onto its back...while stabbing for its eye!

billtodamax
2009-09-12, 10:28 PM
The villagers in the nazi village are standing ain a donut like shape, with one of the other villagers in the middle, giggling, and moving like he was a bit drunk.

A young woman smight be seen running towards the village, yelling. If one had extrodinary hearing, or was perhaps just closer to her than those in the village, they'd hear that she was shouting variations on the line:
"Help! Oh dear god, someone please help me! My husband's sick!"

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 04:57 AM
[Village]

...that's a bit of a godmod, since these are my villagers.

___

Beach

May giggles, but moves to save her mother anyway.

___

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike leaps up onto the buffalo spirit's back, barley dodging a blow from the eagle corruption attacking her. Her sword goes into the buffalo corruption's eye, although distressingly it doesn't actually seem to die from this, at least not immediately.

billtodamax
2009-09-13, 05:02 AM
((Apologies, I'll edit.))

The Bushranger
2009-09-13, 01:25 PM
[Beach]

Erin waits until just the right moment...
...then goes to pull May down into the water with her, laughing!

[Ghost Rock]

Meanwhile, keeping an eye on the eagle corruption, Shrike twists the sword, while hoping she can ride the bull buffalo for 8 seconds...

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 01:29 PM
[Beach]

May is caught off guard and pulled down with a shriek!

___

[Ghost Rock]

Corentin deftly defeats the stag corruption he has been fighting with only minor injuries, moving to engage the horse corruption that is only now rising from where it fell.

She can, and eventually the buffalo corruption's brain death catches up with its rage, and it collapses into a heap.
___

[Village]

The Nazis aren't inclined to help her, nor are they inclined to let a villager go to assist her.

The Bushranger
2009-09-13, 01:51 PM
[Beach]

And then Erin unleashes her weapon of mass dectruction.

As she starts tickling May!

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike leaps off the buffalo as it collapses, rolling and looking up for the eagle, her power crackling around her arm and sword.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 01:57 PM
[Beach]

May giggles and shrieks with laughter, unable to best her mother's attmepts to tickle her.

___

[Ghost Rock]

The eagle corruption is clawing up Corentin's back as he tries to free the daggers from the chest of the unmoving horse corruption.

The Bushranger
2009-09-13, 02:10 PM
[Beach]

After a minute Erin shows mercy and lets go, rolling over to stand. Which opens her to attack...

[Ghost Rock]

Shrike doesn't hesitate, the bolt of electricity leaping from her sword straight at the eagle.

For Corentin, this is going to be...tingly.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 02:21 PM
[Beach]

May is too slow to recover to exploit the opportunity.

[Ghost Rock]

Oh, joy.

The electricity does prove to be fatal to the eagle corruption.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 02:43 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Misaki and Crimson are on a treasure hunt! Yay!

The Bushranger
2009-09-13, 02:46 PM
[Beach]

Which means Erin gets to turn around...

You know what? I've changed my mind. This day is so great, you have to stay here and we have to have every day be just like this.

She can't keep a straight face any longer, and grins.

[Ghost Rock]

And taking advantage of the distraction, Shrike hurries forwards to assist Corentin with the horse, of course.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 02:46 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Crimson looks over the map, trying to get some landmark on bearing on their position relative to the treasure.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 02:49 PM
[Close to GLoG]

It looks like they should come to a big rock, and from there go left at a fork in the road until they get to a little stream.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 02:50 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Crimson looks around for a big rock, smiling at Misaki and pointing out the landmark to her.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 02:58 PM
((Apologies for missing this.))

[Beach]

Which means Erin gets to turn around...

You know what? I've changed my mind. This day is so great, you have to stay here and we have to have every day be just like this.

She can't keep a straight face any longer, and grins.

May giggles. "We'll get all wrinkled if we do this everyday."

[Ghost Rock]

And taking advantage of the distraction, Shrike hurries forwards to assist Corentin with the horse, of course.

The horse is dead; Corentin just managed to get his weapons trapped in it when it fell as it died.

[Close to GLoG]

Misaki smiles up at Crimson as the landmark is spotted, and the two proceed until they are following the stream.

The next landmark should be a small falls they'll come to as they head upstream.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 02:59 PM
"So why do you think they buried it?"
Crimson asks curiously as they follow the map.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 03:01 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Misaki shrugs. "I dunno. That's what you do with treasure, I guess." The stream bed narrows and the bank steepens and becomes so choked with brush that it's easier to follow the stream by walking in it. Misaki takes off her socks and shoes and wades upstream barefoot.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 03:05 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Crimson follows suit, doffing her shoes and wading through the stream.

The Bushranger
2009-09-13, 03:06 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Then Shrike beats the dead horse.

I didn't make you too crispy, did I?

[Beach]

True. Who wants to be a prune? Erin sticks her tongue out at May and laughs.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 03:12 PM
[Ghost Rock]

Corentin slumps briefly, then straightens and shakes himself out. "...I believe I will survive."

[Beach]

May laughs with her.

It's getting late.

[Close to GLoG]

They come to the foot of the falls. They're supposed to climb up the slope next to the falls until the reach the top of a hill or mound adjacent to it. The treasure is buried there.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 03:14 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Crimson gets out of the stream and tries to dry her feet, then will head up the slope, holding Misaki's hand as they continue upwards.

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 03:21 PM
[Close to GLoG]

The slope isn't too difficult to climb at all. So far, everything has been easy.

The mound is easily located.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 03:23 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Crimson heads up to the top of the mound, and...
"Um, do we have a shovel?"

((Deadtime))

Neon Knight
2009-09-13, 03:25 PM
[Close To GLoG]

Misaki blinks, then looks at the mound, then at the treasure map. "Well, um... it can't be buried too deep, can it?"

The Bushranger
2009-09-13, 03:34 PM
[Beach]

A flock of skimmers flying by on their way to their crepascualr feeding grounds catches Erin's attention, and she watches them fly past for a moment before sighing, and swimming over to May to hug her.

We should probably be heading off for that pizza round about now...

[Ghost Rock]

Good. 'Cause diamonds are expensive.
It's hard to tell exactly how much Shrike is joking, as she cleans off her blade.

AmberVael
2009-09-13, 04:23 PM
[Close to GLoG]

Crimson bites her lip.
"Lets hope it isn't..."