PDA

View Full Version : [M&M] Piraaates!

kpenguin
2009-09-11, 09:53 PM
So, I'll be running an M&M game next Saturday that just so happens to coincide with Talk Like a Pirate Day. Obviously, I must have some sort of pirate-themed caper for my players or I will dissapoint them horribly and have to turn in my official "Proud Nerd" badge to them.

I ran the adventure at the back of the book at the beginning of the campaign, so I guess Captain Kra-ken can make a return. Any ideas on fun dastardly plots he could be cooking? Any thoughts on having some unique memorable members of his crew?

infinitypanda
2009-09-11, 10:23 PM
Perhaps he knows that his next space pirating voyage will be a long one, so in order to prevent scurvy in his crew he is going to steal all of the citrus juice from Fruit Multinational United, effectively bankrupting it. The problem is that Fruit Multinational United is such a large conglomerate that bankrupting it will destroy the world economy and maybe even topple lesser governments.

Or something like that. It's Talk Like a Pirate Day. You don't need a great plot.

JeminiZero
2009-09-11, 10:29 PM
Captain Kraken has recovered a fragment of an interstellar map, detailing some "buried treasure" on Earth. So he goes off to hunt for the other fragments of the map, and in so doing, he and his men commit a string of robberies on various museums and antiquity stores.

For plot purposes, it might work better to have the map in Gem rather than paper form. That way it can be incorporated into a wide variety of antiques and hide in plain sight.

Also depending on how far you want to take the plot, the "buried treasure" can, actually be a Piratey world destroying threat. Like some ancient wrathful goddess bound in her bones and trapped on Earth, with the 9 Gem fragments required to free her (expect boos and hisses if you actually do this to the letter :smallwink:). Of course when Cap Kraken unleashes such an entity, he simply shakes his head in dissappointment and flies away, leaving the PCs to deal with the threat.

kpenguin
2009-09-11, 10:52 PM
One of the PCs owns an antique shop, so that's perfect.