PDA

View Full Version : TLAP Day 2009

kpenguin
2009-09-13, 01:43 AM
This Saturday be Talk Like a Pirate Day. What ye scallawags be doing on that most momentous of days?

Innis Cabal
2009-09-13, 01:44 AM
Be a ninja.

kpenguin
2009-09-13, 01:45 AM
Be a ninja.

Then what are you doing December 5th?

Ichneumon
2009-09-13, 01:57 AM

Are you saying there is a TLAN day and I never knew about it?:smalleek:

kpenguin
2009-09-13, 02:01 AM
Well, its more like Stalk Like a Ninja Day, but yeah. Heck, I made an avatar thread last year for it in the A&C board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96608).

Innis Cabal
2009-09-13, 03:29 AM

Being a Pirate. Of course.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-13, 04:32 AM
Do what you want, because a pirate is free!

EmeraldRose
2009-09-13, 07:33 AM
Arr! What silly scalawag be waitin fer Saturday? Me mateys! Join me now an we'll abolish tha ninja threat ferevarrrrrrr!!

:smallwink:

V'icternus
2009-09-13, 07:48 AM
I... I get to talk like a Pirate?

Hooray! I finally get to use my pirate accent!

Is there anything about this day that is not completely evident in the name?

Anuan
2009-09-13, 08:07 AM
Nope. Also, on the topic; best. schoolday. ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdSkDXs00xg)

Moff Chumley
2009-09-13, 11:55 AM
Damn... if only it could be one day earlier. My current history teacher, last year, dressed in full pirate regalia and had his classes raid all the freshman history classes... :smallfrown:

Jesse Drake
2009-09-13, 12:28 PM
I... I get to talk like a Pirate?

Hooray! I finally get to use my pirate accent!

Is there anything about this day that is not completely evident in the name?

Gar, V'ic, Gar.

V'icternus
2009-09-13, 12:44 PM
Damn... if only it could be one day earlier. My current history teacher, last year, dressed in full pirate regalia and had his classes raid all the freshman history classes... :smallfrown:

That must have been...

THE BEST DAY EVER!!!

Or, you know... top 10.

RandomNPC
2009-09-13, 12:49 PM
this will be the third consecutive year this is posted, 2nd for me posting it, but i don't want to wait and see if anyone else remembers it.

Yes I'm a pirate, 200 years to late,
The cannons don't thunder,
There's nothing to plunder,
I'm a 20 something victim of fate.

So everyone have a good yar, and i'll see ye on the other side of it all.

Miss Nobody
2009-09-13, 01:26 PM

Best. Teacher. EVER!

Grim ranger
2009-09-13, 02:04 PM
Best. Teacher. EVER!

Ye speak true, matey! ARRRRR!

The Neoclassic
2009-09-13, 03:09 PM
I appreciate the reminder of this day. I really ought to participate this year!

Castaras
2009-09-13, 03:28 PM

That....is....WIN.

kpenguin
2009-09-13, 03:29 PM

WIN!:smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2009-09-13, 04:54 PM
I'll be hostin' me second Annual Talk Like a Pirate Party!

Pirate garb is a requirement, or ye walk tha plank! (photos will be linked later)

Uncle Festy
2009-09-13, 06:19 PM
Yaaar, mateys!
Still have my pirate avatarrr from last yearrr!
>.>

littlebottom
2009-09-13, 06:57 PM
arrr, this be good news! t'is the day of me gaming club that it is! yarr! even me RPG character will be par-ti-ci-pate-in' oh aye!

EmeraldRose
2009-09-14, 05:52 AM
I'll be hostin' me second Annual Talk Like a Pirate Party!

Pirate garb is a requirement, or ye walk tha plank! (photos will be linked later)

Arr, ye scurvy dog! Ye live too far away fer us ta come! :smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-09-14, 06:06 AM
Shutting myself off from all the jeriks who want to take TLAP day seriously.
Pirates are boring and un-awesome.

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-14, 06:21 AM
this will be the third consecutive year this is posted, 2nd for me posting it, but i don't want to wait and see if anyone else remembers it.

Yes I'm a pirate, 200 years to late,
The cannons don't thunder,
There's nothing to plunder,
I'm a 20 something victim of fate.

So everyone have a good yar, and i'll see ye on the other side of it all.*psssst - it's "I'm an over 40 victim of fate". Just sayin'. :smallcool:*

Mother, mother ocean, after all these years I've found
My occupational hazard being
My occupation's just not around

V'icternus
2009-09-14, 06:57 AM

Hey, 'as anyone got a plank I could borrah?

kpenguin
2009-09-15, 01:35 AM

Wait, why are we jerks? Simply because we decide to celebrate a day you don't want to? Simply because we have a different idea about what's awesome than you?

V'icternus
2009-09-15, 01:40 AM
Yeah, that's not being a jerk. Being a jerk is calling other people jerks for liking something that you don't. That's being a jerk.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-09-15, 02:33 AM
Wait, why are we jerks? Simply because we decide to celebrate a day you don't want to? Simply because we have a different idea about what's awesome than you?

Oh, not you, just the people who are invasive about the thing.

kpenguin
2009-09-15, 02:34 AM
Oh, not you, just the people who are invasive about the thing.

Invasive how? They break into your boat and take your things?

Thanatos 51-50
2009-09-15, 02:48 AM
An example:
"Yarrrr, Matey, it be Talk like a pirate day! Ye needsta be talkin in Piratical today! I not be understandin' all yer fancy words ye be usin'."

In a mildly ironic note, I have my facebook language set to "Pirate"

kpenguin
2009-09-15, 02:52 AM
Are they meaning it in a joking manner or are they threatening you with a cutlass?

V'icternus
2009-09-15, 04:32 AM
Either way seems fine to me...

I mean, if you don't want to talk to them, just don't. If you ignore them, they'll lose interest and go plunder some stuff or something.

Anuan
2009-09-15, 05:02 AM
I think he means people that won't listen to you unless you talk like a pirate.
That **** is -irritating.-

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-15, 05:02 AM
It's also my birthday, so I will most likely spend the day with my girlfriend, then put on a pirate outfit and spend the night drinking rum and singing sea shantys in the pubs of York with half the student population (gotta love Fresher's Week :smallbiggrin:)

Edit: Damn. Elder Tsofu made me an awesome Kobold-Pirate avatar last year and I've lost the link again (my computer keeps deleting stuff at random, it's lost my avatar links twice now).

V'icternus
2009-09-15, 05:03 AM
Well, they should just call you land-lubbers and get on with it.

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-15, 06:51 AM
Edit:...I've lost the link again...

Luckily me can supply it for yer if ye wante to use it again, otherwise just showe your piraty side to the landlubbers in yer town. :smallsmile:
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv173/Tsofu/Piratekobold2.png
103x120

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-15, 03:40 PM
Luckily me can supply it for yer if ye wante to use it again, otherwise just showe your piraty side to the landlubbers in yer town. :smallsmile:
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv173/Tsofu/Piratekobold2.png
103x120

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Thanks again, I'm saving it in 4 seperate files just to be safe (no way this mutinous dog o' a machine can be rid o'em all).

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-15, 03:57 PM
This Saturday be Talk Like a Pirate Day. What ye scallawags be doing on that most momentous of days?
Prolly going to a Fantasy Fair.

With drinking mead, eating foods and fighting stuffs like undead and such.
Also be a hobbit. But then again, I'm always a hobbit. >.>

Though there is this german Fellowship coming.....>.> And I did say I'd come over and say hi.(And demonstrate my hobbit fighting style, unique to hobbitkind)

Maybe I should repair my huge ass shield and bring it...But then again, shields aren't very piratey....

And my sword needs to be repaired too...Meh, lazy. >.>

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-15, 04:01 PM
I will be angry on TLAP Day because it isn't a school day, and I can't talk like a pirate at school this year.

*sigh* I was so looking forward to telling the school they couldn't make me stop because it was a religious holiday.

But of course, me mateys, I still be talkin' like a pirate! Nothin' can be ruinin' the spirit o' the day!

The Extinguisher
2009-09-17, 01:43 PM
Sweet. I work on Pirate day. I need to work on my pirate speech.

Lorn
2009-09-17, 02:17 PM
Gr, didn't notice the thread... acronyms are the work of the devil.

Newcastle on the night/during the day, dressed as a pirate, with other people in similar regalia.

It's someone's 21st a few days after as well; the two dates are being combined.

Added bonus, it's freshers so there should be a bunch more piratey people out there :)

Should be pretty epic.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-17, 02:18 PM
In a mildly ironic note, I have my facebook language set to "Pirate"

As will everyone on the 19th. Prepare for the explosion of pirate speak.

Blue Ghost
2009-09-17, 06:13 PM
What am I doing on this momentous day? I shall be Captain Jacques le Bleu, grand and noble privateer in the service of Lord Tyrinar. None of the filthy pirate slang for me. I am above you crude illiterate sea scum. Now, surrender to His Majesty Lord Tyrinar, or perish at the hands of Captain Jacques le Bleu!

I would request an avatar for this occasion, but it's only going to be one day, so it would probably not be worth it.

SoD
2009-09-17, 07:38 PM

How dare you, I say. Insulting the most noble profession on the planet (hey! I said it with a straight face!)! I challenge you to a duel, prepare to meet your doom at the hands of a part time pirate!

That's nothing. I've got a mate who dresses like a pirate every day, has sea shanties on his iPod, and drinks nothing but rum.

Raz_Fox
2009-09-17, 08:30 PM
Of course I can be a Pirate on this most zetta high of days, m'mate. Not one of those grounded blokes, though, with their poor wooden birds sailin' on the wet. No, I'm sailin' in the zetta Great Blue. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPH1OoTobtk&feature=related) Have a fair wind down in you's waves, blokes.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-17, 08:37 PM

This Saturday? But...I was planning on going to an anime convention this Saturday...

...I'd need some backup, surrounded by so many ninjas...

Dragonrider
2009-09-17, 08:38 PM
...I just dusted off my 2007 TLAPD avatar. :smalleek: Old art, too-thick lines...but I still like it. :smallbiggrin:

...Arr?

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-17, 08:40 PM
...I just dusted off my 2007 TLAPD avatar. :smalleek: Old art, too-thick lines...but I still like it. :smallbiggrin:

...Arr?

YARR! *snuggles*

Avast, ye matey! Lookin' scurvy, ye arrr!

Renegade Paladin
2009-09-17, 09:09 PM
No she's not; she doesn't have great big sores and bleeding gums. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2009-09-17, 09:14 PM
No she's not; she doesn't have great big sores and bleeding gums. :smalltongue:

<-- I do have a gold tooth, though. A big one.

Jacklu
2009-09-17, 09:26 PM
Busted out mah old pirate avi.

Em Blackleaf
2009-09-17, 10:09 PM
Awesome. I'm going to my friend's birthday party on Saturday, and I don't think she or her parents know it's TLAP day. I'm just going to talk like a pirate without explaining myself, and she how she reacts. :smalltongue:

V'icternus
2009-09-17, 11:49 PM
Aww, you make an adorably cute pirate, Em.

...And also, somehow, scarier than the ones with intestines draped around their necks...

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-17, 11:56 PM
Awesome. I'm going to my friend's birthday party on Saturday, and I don't think she or her parents know it's TLAP day. I'm just going to talk like a pirate without explaining myself, and she how she reacts. :smalltongue:

Your new avvie reminds me of a broken baby doll. That terrifies me. =\

*snuggles carefully*

Em Blackleaf
2009-09-18, 12:03 AM
I always saw it as a little kid, dressed up as a pirate, and sad because she can't suck her thumb with the fake hook on over her real hand.

But now that you mention it, it kinda does look like a broken baby doll. It's not supposed to. :smallfrown:

V'icternus
2009-09-18, 12:14 AM
See, now that I know the reason she's sad, it makes more sense.

...And makes my heroic Pirate side want to help her in some way...

That's why some Avatars need explainations... if there was a way that everyone who saw your Avatar could get an explaination of it, it'd be perfect.

EDIT: Also, if she really needs to, she could suck on the top of the hook. (She'd likely still look sad, though, it being a hook and all). Just make sure the pointy bit isn't in her mouth... unless she's not a fan of tongues, cheeks, flesh or teeth.

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-18, 12:16 AM
Interesting note on my plans for the day...

It's my son-in-law's birthday so we're taking him out to dinner...

At Cheeseburger in Paradise! :smallcool:

As it happens, I'll also be donating blood to the Red Cross. I wonder what they'll think when Alarra and I swagger in wearing pirate garb and offering to "spill some o' me own blood".

V'icternus
2009-09-18, 12:23 AM
Zeb? You rock. A lot.

Giving blood is awesome, (I totally would, but untill recently I was too young, and I have this thing where I'm deathly afraid of needles...) and doing it as a pirate would just rock. Also, if you could talk Alarra into it, that's even more awesome.

And congrats on your Son-in-law surviving another year since his last birthday!

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-18, 12:45 AM
Zeb? You rock. A lot.

Giving blood is awesome, (I totally would, but untill recently I was too young, and I have this thing where I'm deathly afraid of needles...) and doing it as a pirate would just rock. Also, if you could talk Alarra into it, that's even more awesome.

And congrats on your Son-in-law surviving another year since his last birthday!She's already signed up to go with me. It's not much more of a stretch to go in character.

As for son-in-law, he makes life difficult for himself. How can someone be BORN on TLAP Day, and side with the ninjas, I ask you?!? :smallmad: :smallcool:

KataraAltinaII
2009-09-18, 12:48 AM

wow... you made me wish I was there... :smalleek:

V'icternus
2009-09-18, 03:24 AM
As for son-in-law, he makes life difficult for himself. How can someone be BORN on TLAP Day, and side with the ninjas, I ask you?!? :smallmad: :smallcool:

Oh dear... the poor fool. You should string him up by the yardarm.

Whatever that means...

(And pirate pics are a must. :smalltongue: )

Weimann
2009-09-18, 03:52 AM
While Talk Like A Pirate Day is theoretically awesome, I have trouble putting any real conviction into it. I just get reminded that this wasn't how pirates talked at all.

Ít could also be due to my Piratian sounding like some strange kind of scottish.

V'icternus
2009-09-18, 04:32 AM
Gar, I be three quaters Sco'ish! So I therefore be a Scottish Pirate, an' can ge' away with talkin' like this!

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-18, 04:48 AM
While Talk Like A Pirate Day is theoretically awesome, I have trouble putting any real conviction into it. I just get reminded that this wasn't how pirates talked at all.

Ít could also be due to my Piratian sounding like some strange kind of scottish.

Yes it was!!!!! Stop talking crazy!!! How dare you say such a thing!! To the brig with ye!! :smalltongue:

Last_resort_33
2009-09-18, 04:49 AM
I just get reminded that this wasn't how pirates talked at all.

Essentially, the 'Pirate' accent is an exagerated West Country accent. Considering that Bristol was one of the largest, and certianly most significant ports in the world around that point in history, the proportion pirates from the lower classes in the west of England would be reasonably high.

Archonic Energy
2009-09-18, 04:54 AM
does this mean we all have to talk like Somilians? :smalltongue:
or Limewire users? :smalltongue:

YARRRR.

Dr. Bath
2009-09-18, 05:36 AM

Some pirates sounded like that. Pirates from Somerset. Talk Like You Are From Somerset Day doesn't roll off the tongue in quite the same way.

Last_resort_33
2009-09-18, 06:00 AM
Some pirates sounded like that. Pirates from Somerset. Talk Like You Are From Somerset Day doesn't roll off the tongue in quite the same way.

But it does sound like a great idea!

V'icternus
2009-09-18, 11:05 AM
Yar! 'Appy Talk Like a Pirate Day, ye' Scallywags and Wenches, Captains and Cabin Boys, Landlubbers and Sea Dogs!

(Caution: Large spoilered image)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2558/youareapirate.png

B-Man
2009-09-18, 01:29 PM
Arr... again TLAPD is upon us. I shall be entertaining a few people by talking like a pirate tomorrow.

Also, here's a brusher upper: How to Talk Like a Pirate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzkQC0e91Nc&fmt=18)

V'icternus
2009-09-18, 01:30 PM
Bah! I don' need yer fancy too-tor-E-al! I already be perfectly fluent in me chosen lingo!

EleventhHour
2009-09-18, 01:31 PM
Yarr, I not be needing yer 'books' or 'edycashun', I'm Eleventh, tha cap'n of d'high sea! Der only b' one Captain greater than me, and that b' thar Crimson Binome.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-18, 01:33 PM
Frederick Theodore Fighter, Captain of tha Drunken Scallywag! Ready ta plunder tha seas of all thar riches, ale and wenches! Not one of ya can match tha temper of a half-drunk dwarf in a bad mood!
YARGH!

:smallbiggrin:

This is going to be fun.

UncleWolf
2009-09-18, 08:55 PM
How do ye like me Pirate avvietar?

*shoots Fred*

EleventhHour
2009-09-18, 08:59 PM

*shoots Fred*

I be taking a liking to it, matey. Ought hand yerself over now, and save yerself tha trouble 'f bein' taken elswise.

*click*

The 'ard way issn' seh nice, y'know.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-18, 09:01 PM
*bites EleventhHour*

Unhand me matey, or face yer death at me hands!

UncleWolf
2009-09-18, 09:05 PM
I be taking a liking to it, matey. Ought hand yerself over now, and save yerself tha trouble 'f bein' taken elswise.

*click*

The 'ard way issn' seh nice, y'know.

*grabs, spins, and holds her over the chest o' gold, gems, and other treasures*

We could al'ays do it my way. :smallwink:

EleventhHour
2009-09-18, 09:06 PM
*bites EleventhHour*

Unhand me matey, or face yer death at me hands!

But, lad... ye don't have any hands...

Well, Bane 'f Wolves, ye make an interesting pr'psition.

Ash08
2009-09-18, 09:06 PM
It was wonderful, I celebrated a day early(please don't hurt me) so I could do it at school. I rode to school on my bike in full pirate garb and proceeded to fill the day with... piratical talk. It was awesome. Nothing like walking around and waving with a cherry grin at people driving cars and walking around :D

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-18, 09:11 PM

Avast! Me fangs be more than a match for any arms ye be plannin' ta bear 'gainst me hearties!

Wolfbane! Can ye handle yerself with this here scurvy wench?

Nerocite
2009-09-18, 09:12 PM
Best International Holiday Ever!

UncleWolf
2009-09-18, 09:15 PM

I cer'ainly 'ope so, curvy lass.

EleventhHour
2009-09-18, 10:07 PM
I cer'ainly 'ope so, curvy lass.

But, I'm not rightly certain 'f ye have quite enough for that, laddie.

Reinholdt
2009-09-18, 10:22 PM
*throws ninjas smoke pellets everywhere*
*then throws ninjas everywhere*

KataraAltinaII
2009-09-18, 10:25 PM
*eats the ninjas*

for I be a pirate!

:smalleek: and wow... there's even a website about it...
only 2 1/2 more hours till it's here in the states. [where it matters]

UncleWolf
2009-09-18, 10:26 PM
But, I'm not rightly certain 'f ye have quite enough for that, laddie.

*pulls out a bottle of rum*

Mayb' but its a start. :smallwink:

Myatar_Panwar
2009-09-18, 10:51 PM
To celebrate talk like a pirate day, telltale is letting people download and play the first episode in their Tales of Monkey Island series. Its only for a day though, so download!

I've been playing it for about 30 minutes, and ARRRR et be funny!

Also obligatory Alestorm link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBW7MZhhLc4).

Lappy9000
2009-09-18, 11:15 PM
Yo ho, yo ho me mateys! Today be the induction of 2009 Talk Like A Pirate Day! Har har!

Bring out yer pirate spirits lest we be sendin' ye o'er to Davey Jones!

(At least here, I be aware of differin' timezones)

Amiel
2009-09-19, 02:05 AM
To the tune of Monty Python's 'I'm a Lumberjack and That's Okay"

"I'm a pirate! That I be!
I sail me ship upon the sea!
Yo ho, my friends I have a tale.
Of treasure, plunder, sea and sail.
My story's bigger than a whale.
It gets so deep, ye'll have to bail.
I've got no hand but that's me hook!
I pillage stuff but I'm no crook.
Me booty's in this chest that I took.
They'll write about me in a book!
I'm a pirate! That I be!
I sail me ship upon the sea!"

Archonic Energy
2009-09-19, 03:52 AM
YO HO
Haul together
Hoist the colours High
HEAVE HO
Theives & Beggars
Never shall we die

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-19, 04:01 AM
You Are A Pirate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbq_1Wy70rE)

A warnin to ye mateys. It be a true shanty, but spy the pictures as well and ye'll be addled fer the rest o yer days.

Ye Be Warned Arrr.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-19, 04:07 AM

*shoots Fred*

Harr harr!
If ye think a bullet be enough t' kill me then ye be havin' another thin' comin'! Now come on ye old dog, let us share some rum by a warm fire an' tell tales o' our deeds.

Yo ho, yo ho, tha dwarven life far me!
With ale and fightin',
With thund'r and lightnin'!
With spann'rs and wrenches,
And lot'sa wenches!
We'll plunder all tha seas!

Trog
2009-09-19, 04:22 AM
Yarr! It be the day all sea dogs dread. It be the day what sees land lubbers put out on the high seas and commandeer our rum. Lucky for ye I have the rum hold under me watchful eye. None but Davey Jones 'imself be geting a sip o' this our most fine cache o' beverages.

*hums "Daydream Believer" under his breath and heads off to the rum hold for some serious "guardin'."*

V'icternus
2009-09-19, 06:20 AM
Oh, are ye' goin' rum-guardin'? I be just the man for the job!

smellie_hippie
2009-09-19, 09:03 AM
Do what ye like cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate!!!

V'icternus
2009-09-19, 09:18 AM
Yar-har-fiddle-di-dee! Being a Pirate is alright to be! Do what you want 'cos a Pirate is Free!
You are a Pirate!

grungar3x7
2009-09-19, 11:13 AM
Yaaarrrrrrgh!!! Avast! Me plans fer this day included throwin' t'gether a meme (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2809110/) fer this special day. Also, seein' as I hav'ta serve on deck in under two hours, the rum'll hav'ta await me return te port methinks.

May the wind be at yer back, yer wenches curvy(or sea-dogs salty, fer our better halves), the plunder bountiful, and the rum a'flowin'!!!:smallwink:

Jacklu
2009-09-19, 11:32 AM
Yarr! Ye scurvy dogs, I be ready to plunder some booty! Got a game of Munchin Booty planned for the late hours of tha night. Drink up me harties, Yo-ho!

Fredthefighter
2009-09-19, 11:41 AM
Yarr! Ye scurvy dogs, I be ready to plunder some booty! Got a game of Munchin Booty planned for the late hours of tha night. Drink up me harties, Yo-ho!

Yarrr lad! Ye be thinkin' like a true seafarin' scallywag!

Archonic Energy
2009-09-19, 11:59 AM
Do what ye like cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate!!!
in honour of the day a pressie...
Stab with Raiper :smalltongue:

where's Cptn Jack?

smellie_hippie
2009-09-19, 09:49 PM
in honour of the day a pressie...
Stab with Raiper :smalltongue:

where's Cptn Jack?

Stab with a rapier? Stab with a Rapier!? :smallmad:

Flintlock pistol to the face

:smallwink:

KataraAltinaII
2009-09-19, 11:04 PM
thos' who live by tha sword ge' shot by those wh'don't.

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-20, 03:32 AM
Pictures of the Pudding Troll, the Pirate...

Someone took my RUM!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/Jared/100_0170.jpg

Ahhhh, that's better...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/Jared/100_0168.jpg

Too much rum... where'd this anchor come from?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/Jared/100_0171.jpg

Lorn
2009-09-20, 07:31 AM
Arr. That were a good night.

And I be mostly recovered now.

(And, because I really can't be bothered with pirate speak atm..)

Ran into several hen nights, a few other people dressed as pirates. Got one photo on my phone. Many other people also have photos; whether I ever see these again I have no idea. Walking down high street of Newcastle singing Nancy the Tavern Wench by Alestorm? Win.

Pretty amazing night, in all.

Trog
2009-09-20, 02:05 PM
Yay for Pudding Troll pics! :smallbiggrin:

It was a good TLAPD but I like it better when it falls on a weekday so coworkers can share in the fun. :smallwink:

Quincunx
2009-09-21, 04:25 AM
We spent part of Talk Like a Pirate Day swaggering around the exceptional Pirate's Adventure mini-golf course (Kissimmee, outlying lands of the Kingdom of the Mouse, Florida). Photos will be forthcoming but there's hundreds of 'em to sort through.

Jesse Drake
2009-09-21, 09:02 AM
Heh, I have a friend who hates imagination, and as it goes, forums, and he bought a Captain Morgan signal flash light. And he had me sit on the porch and talk like a pirate to all those who walked by. He actually said "Talk like a pirate!", and it was I believe saturday. We also drank down a big ol bottle of the Captain too, but this being a pirate story, that should be a given.

Groundhog
2009-09-22, 08:55 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqMu6e5Dgtg