PDA

View Full Version : Question

Crier
2009-09-18, 12:34 AM
Okay this is bugging the hell outa me >.< How do you roll for stats on this site?

Keld Denar
2009-09-18, 12:48 AM
[roll]xdy+z[ /roll]

Just remove the space in the 2nd bracket. If you want to name your roll, use

[roll=name]xdy+z[ /roll]

If you want to see your roll, use

[rollv]xdy+z[ /rollv]

If you want to roll stats, like, best 3 of 4, or best 3 of 5

[roll]4d6b3[ /roll] or [roll]5d6b3[ /roll]

Also, note that you can't roll in edits. So, if you don't get it right the first time, you have to make a new post.

Serpentine
2009-09-18, 12:51 AM
Also it only works in one or two subfora.

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-18, 04:31 AM
[roll]xdy+z[ /roll]

Just remove the space in the 2nd bracket. If you want to name your roll, use

[roll=name]xdy+z[ /roll]

If you want to see your roll, use

[rollv]xdy+z[ /rollv]

If you want to roll stats, like, best 3 of 4, or best 3 of 5

[roll]4d6b3[ /roll] or [roll]5d6b3[ /roll]

Also, note that you can't roll in edits. So, if you don't get it right the first time, you have to make a new post.Neat trick also, noparse pairs will eliminate the need for all that "but without the spaces" nonsense.

Text!

See? :smallcool:

Coidzor
2009-09-18, 04:35 AM
So... like... then?

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-18, 04:46 AM
So... like... then?Indeed, just like. :smallcool:

Douglas
2009-09-18, 06:08 AM
Neat trick also, noparse pairs will eliminate the need for all that "but without the spaces" nonsense.
Not for dice rolls. If you try posting 1d6 in one of the forums with the die roller enabled, it will show up as [roll0] and there will be a red notice that you made a die roll that isn't being shown if I remember the results of my testing correctly. It prevents the [rollX] tags from being replaced with the appropriate rolls, but it does not prevent the rolls being made and replaced with [rollX] tags.

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-18, 06:14 AM
Not for dice rolls. If you try posting 1d6 in one of the forums with the die roller enabled, it will show up as [roll0] and there will be a red notice that you made a die roll that isn't being shown if I remember the results of my testing correctly. It prevents the [rollX] tags from being replaced with the appropriate rolls, but it does not prevent the rolls being made and replaced with [rollX] tags.That doesn't negate the fact that here in FB we can tell people how to do things without having to add extra instructions and formatting to make it visible. This applies to "How do I make spoilers/tables/superscript?" questions as well.

Trobby
2009-09-18, 10:07 AM
Woah, wait...you can do rolls on this forum? o.o;; I gotta try this out!

4d6

4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3

Edit: ...Er...o.o; None of those worked...am I doing this wrong?

Douglas
2009-09-18, 10:22 AM
You're doing it in the wrong forum. The die roller is only enabled in the play by post forums.

Dogmantra
2009-09-18, 10:28 AM
Plus, rollv doesn't work properly with xdybz.
If you rollv to see your seperate rolls, it totals them, rather than takes the best z. You can manually do it, of course, but it's a little bit irksome.

Unless that's been fixed.

Trobby
2009-09-18, 10:54 AM
Ah, that would make sense...I'll have to remember that if I ever join an RP group on this forum. Thanks. ^^