PDA

View Full Version : conjuring class help?

Charlie Kemek
2009-09-18, 06:21 PM
I would like help making a class system that that "imagines" things and then concentrates to keep them existent. it would rely on skills (e.g. imagine (monster), autohypnosis, and concentration). one class would work on creating monsters, one on creating objects and energy, and one that would be a gish that buffs himself and his/her teammates. I would also like the classes to use non-leathal hp as their means of "casting." can you guys help?

Shpadoinkle
2009-09-18, 06:41 PM
Wow, you just perfectly described the psion. Congratulations.

dentrag2
2009-09-18, 10:35 PM
I would like help making a class system that that "imagines" things and then concentrates to keep them existent. it would rely on skills (e.g. imagine (monster), autohypnosis, and concentration). one class would work on creating monsters, one on creating objects and energy, and one that would be a gish that buffs himself and his/her teammates. I would also like the classes to use non-leathal hp as their means of "casting." can you guys help?

Psion and Psionic Warrior.

Charlie Kemek
2009-09-19, 08:20 AM
the psion isn't exactly what I am looking for. it may sound like the psion, but I want it to be based on HP, not PP. I also want it to be a skill based system, and concentration to be much more important. I basically want:

a transporter (summons and moves things around (telekinesis and teleportation))
a creator (uses his/her own hp (energy) to convert it into matter or other types of energy, things like buffing, blasting, and healing, and the opposites)
a gish type that uses some of the above, but has the best buffing, some healing and moving around, and fighting ability
anything else that fits the concept of "imagining" something

I know, I to many people I may be describing a psion. but if so, could I have any suggestions to rework it into being more of the above concepts. I know the gish sounds almost exactly like the psionic warrior. any suggestions for alteration?

Admiral Squish
2009-09-19, 10:25 AM
Yeah... first off, magic mased on hurting yourself is a REALLY BAD IDEA. Wizards are ALREADY known for being squishy on the HPs.

For your first Bullet: Psion (Nomad)
Second Bullet: Psion (shaper)
Third Bullet: Psiwar

Any of the above concepts can be adapted to hurt you by taking Overchannel. Raise your power by hurting yourself.

And even if you don't like that, you could even go incarnum and check out their stuff. Most of it's based around 'imagining' magic items for their use.