PDA

View Full Version : A question about airships

Asheram
2009-09-28, 06:54 AM
A little question about airships here.
Are there any books in 3.0-3.5 that covers their make and use?
I know of the ones in Arms and Equipment guide, but I'm looking for some proper facts.

Prime32
2009-09-28, 07:04 AM
They exist in Eberron, so some of its books have info.

The Stronghold Builder's Guide is also great for them.

I suppose you could adapt some of the stuff from Stormwrack on seafaring vessels.

Rhiannon87
2009-09-28, 07:36 AM
Magic of Faerun has notes on the Haluraan skyships in the magic items section, iirc.

Triaxx
2009-09-28, 07:42 AM
There's a 3.5 conversion of SpellJammer on the internet, and while the ships aren't exactly well sized, the weapon rules are good for ships of all kinds if you're not a fan of Stormwrack's.

Check the WOTC site, I recall at least one ship there.

There's also an Airships supplement out there, but I can't recall the exact name.

Iku Rex
2009-09-28, 08:19 AM
The Eberron Campaign Setting has airship stats. Explorers's Handbook has some more details and a sample airship. Dragon 329 has very basic info on an "air cutter" (smaller and somewhat cheaper than a proper airship).

I also recommend the dragonship (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5298940#post5298940) variant for extra style points. :)

AslanCross
2009-09-28, 09:20 AM
The Eberron Explorer's Handbook is very detailed in its description of airships, although the airships in Eberron are very different from the Arms and Equipment Guide variants.

Knaight
2009-09-28, 09:24 AM
There is a d20 third party supplement, called Airships or something similar, which covers only those in 100 odd pages. Its well balanced and interesting if the free 30 page except is any good.

Kaiyanwang
2009-09-28, 09:50 AM
The Eberron Explorer's Handbook is very detailed in its description of airships, although the airships in Eberron are very different from the Arms and Equipment Guide variants.

What size are they? Like, the OP, I'm looking for them, and particulary one of the size of a Vanship a la Last Exile.

PaladinBoy
2009-09-28, 11:53 AM
I think the sample airship presented in the Explorer's Handbook is a relatively small ship, but I don't have exact numbers. As I recall, though, it was fairly easy to adapt the stats to create a larger vessel... One of the Eberron published adventures, Voyage of the Golden Dragon, also had an airship in it which I remember using as a model. So long as you don't mind a little tweaking and creating new maps for your airship, either of those should give you a starting point.

ShadowFighter15
2009-09-28, 09:05 PM
I think the sample airship presented in the Explorer's Handbook is a relatively small ship, but I don't have exact numbers. As I recall, though, it was fairly easy to adapt the stats to create a larger vessel... One of the Eberron published adventures, Voyage of the Golden Dragon, also had an airship in it which I remember using as a model. So long as you don't mind a little tweaking and creating new maps for your airship, either of those should give you a starting point.

The Golden Dragon was a lot larger than any other airship, but I don't know by how much. I did, however, find this (http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=1350&PN=1) last year which should help.