PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Airship stats source book question

illyrus
2009-09-29, 10:49 AM
I know they have some 4E airships in Adventurer's Vault and Manual of the Planes. I would assume they would be in the Eberron Campaign Guide but I don't have a copy of it yet to check.

Where would be some other locations that WotC has published airship stats whether from a book, Dragon article, or what not?

Dizlag
2009-09-29, 11:04 AM
I didn't see stat blocks for airships in the Eberron Campaign Guide, just a table with travel time and cost on page 44.

I remember a Dragon magazine this summer (maybe June) that had a layout for a lightning rail, but don't recall anything for an airship.

Dizlag

Sipex
2009-09-29, 11:49 AM
Yeah, not much yet, your best bet is to take AV and fill in the blanks.

Talyn
2009-09-29, 01:47 PM
The airship is in the Vehicles section of Adventurer's Vault, page 18.

FYI, the stats are:
Airship
Gargantuan Vehicle.
HP 400 Space 4 squares by 8 squares, Cost 85,000 gp
AC 4; Fortitude 20, Reflex 2
Speed 0, fly 12 (hover), overland flight 15
Pilot: The pilot must stand at the control wheel, typically at the front of the topmost deck of the airship cabin.
Crew: In addition to the pilot, an airship requires a crew of five, all of whome use a standard action each round to help control the vessel. Reduce the ship's speed by 4 for each missing crew member. At fly speed 0, the ship is unable to travel and flies out of control.
Load: Thirty medium creatures; twenty tons of cargo.
Out of Control: An out of control airship moves forward at half speed. Each round, it has a 50% chance of descending. It descends 5 squares for the first 10 rounds it it out of control. After 10 rounds, it descends 10 squares per round. An out of control airship that hits the ground after descending more than 20 squares is destroyed.
Decks: The airship's cabin has four decks; an exterior observation platform, the topmost crew deck, a middle deck for passengers, and a lower cargo hold.
Fragile Propulsion: For every 50 damage the airship takes, it's speed is reduced by 2 squares. At fly speed 0, the ship is unable to travel and flies out of control.