PDA

View Full Version : Mods please close thread :)

FlyingWhale
2009-09-29, 03:41 PM
I was more than answered, nothing to see here folks.:smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2009-09-29, 03:43 PM
Yes, it does. There's an explanation of the post counts for each level somewhere, though I'm not sure where it is. Last time I checked, posts in Silly Message Boards don't count towards it.

Dogmantra
Discussing this is against the rules, but you can find all the information here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

In short: yes, it's to do with post count.

WalkingTarget
The titles do change based on post count, but that doesn't count for anything around here. There's a sticky thread in the Board Issues forum about it (and it's in the rules as well).

In short, they're for fun, but are otherwise ignored.

FlyingWhale
2009-09-29, 03:46 PM
Ohh. Thanks. I had no idea, I tried looking through the rules here and there, then tried to google it... Just kinda was lost. :) thanks again! now how do I close this so a hundred people don't waste their time??? haha

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-29, 03:48 PM
Heh, well you edit your first post, there you edit the post/thread title.

In the thread title you then say ''mods, please close'' or something of the like.
Within some time a mod will close the thread for you.(And possibly move and then close the thread. Since this really belongs more in Board & Site issues)

Kallisti
2009-09-29, 03:52 PM
You can win a special title, and I think the mods can edit theirs if they want to. So Krimm Blackleaf's title was temporarily Library Lovers Contest Winner, and I've seen Roland as Gunslinger in the Playground, Fishslayer in the Playground, and Fedoruman in the Playground. But other than that, it's just a fun little title based on your post count.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-29, 03:55 PM
Yes, there used to be homebrew contests, official ones and smuch where you could win a custom title which would get changed either back to normal or to ''library lovers contest winner'' or some sort.

Mods have custom titles, me thinks.

Ofcourse there also have been the title-changing-pranks.

But really, they're nothing special. And people don't pay much attention to it.
They'l rather remember a cool avatar or a memorable post.

Kallisti
2009-09-29, 04:11 PM
"Used to be?" I know that there are people who still have the custom titles from the Library Lovers contest, because I saw one like two days ago...

The Rose Dragon
2009-09-29, 04:14 PM
There is also SteveMB's "Magnificent Boop in the Playground".

Kallisti
2009-09-29, 04:17 PM
...how does that happen? Is he a mod I've never heard of? Did one of the mods give it to him/inflict it on him?

skywalker
2009-09-29, 05:23 PM
...how does that happen? Is he a mod I've never heard of? Did one of the mods give it to him/inflict it on him?

If user titles are fight club, then SteveMB's title is a super-secret fight club.

That's all there is to say about it. My personal favorite was "custom title in the playground."

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-29, 05:39 PM

I think he was one of the authors for Erfworld. I could be wrong of course (I often am).

Zeb The Troll
2009-09-30, 02:34 AM
...how does that happen? Is he a mod I've never heard of? Did one of the mods give it to him/inflict it on him?No, he isn't one of the authors, but Rob Balder (pclips) made a specific request that he have that title. I'm not sure of the details that led to it though.