PDA

View Full Version : My Eye!

Froogleyboy
2009-09-30, 05:13 PM
Okay, about an hour ago, the sun was in my eyes so I rubbed them. but then my right eye started burning worse and worse. Now its watering like crazy and I have to keep it closed (it wont open)

Astrella
2009-09-30, 05:14 PM
Have you tried washing it out with some water?

Froogleyboy
2009-09-30, 05:15 PM
Have you tried washing it out with some water?

I've done that about fifteen times

SDF
2009-09-30, 05:15 PM
Go to the doctor, it could be several things some of them resulting in permanent damage.

Mordokai
2009-09-30, 05:17 PM
@^ what he said. Internet message boards really aren't the place to look for medical advice and the sooner people realise it, the better.

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 05:19 PM
I was going to comment, but then I realized that I shouldn't, since it will keep him from the doctor's office longer than he should be.

GO NOW!

Froogleyboy
2009-09-30, 05:24 PM
I cant, I have no ride

thubby
2009-09-30, 06:34 PM
I cant, I have no ride

then call an ambulance, it sounds like you're having an allergic reaction.

edit: yeah, taxi is probably a better idea.

SDF
2009-09-30, 06:39 PM
Or a taxi (it's way cheaper if you live in the US, even with insurance)

I had a friend that had a problem with the inside of his eye and he almost scratched through every layer of his cornea. It would have resulted in permanent blindness in that eye.

Lycan 01
2009-09-30, 08:29 PM
I had an eye infection for over a month. It just faded away last week. At first I thought it was just something minor, then I thought it was a stye or something, then when I was clawing at my face and rolling around in agony I decided it was time to see a doctor.

If it doesn't get better quickly, GO TO A DOCTOR.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-30, 10:50 PM
@^ what he said. Internet message boards really aren't the place to look for medical advice and the sooner people realise it, the better.

What? These forums are the best place for medical advice. I say leeches will do the trick.

Stormthorn
2009-10-01, 03:07 PM
Eye problems can be serious. I know a guy who almost lost his due to an improperly cleaned contact lense. It was a minor bother of an infection that turned overnight into the most painful experiance of his life and he almost lost that eye.

Call your doctor. Tell him the symptoms.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-01, 03:08 PM
What? These forums are the best place for medical advice. I say leeches will do the trick.

Use an Axe! Pray to Odin! Snakes! Snakes and fire!

CrimsonAngel
2009-10-01, 03:11 PM

Here, let me fix your eye. *aims bow*

Athaniar
2009-10-01, 03:32 PM
Your eye will probably turn into a magic killing eye. You're most likely the reincarnation of Balor. Watch out for the Peoples of the Goddess Danu.

Or go to a doctor. But not if his name is Lugh. In that case, stay away.

Telonius
2009-10-01, 03:33 PM
On the plus side, I think this qualifies you for a couple of PrC's.

Nameless
2009-10-01, 03:34 PM
Okay, about an hour ago, the sun was in my eyes so I rubbed them. but then my right eye started burning worse and worse. Now its watering like crazy and I have to keep it closed (it wont open)

Are you allergic to anything? Or were you around something that some people are allergic to?

FoE
2009-10-01, 05:22 PM
You were wise coming to the Internet for advice.

That eye could be possessed. You need to get it out of there before the evil spirit in your eye spreads to your brain. Quick, get ahold of some holy water, a great deal of painkillers and a spoon.

Ostien
2009-10-01, 05:46 PM
I got shot in the eye with a air-soft gun many years ago. Doctor said if I didn't blink at the right time I would have lost an eye.

On the plus side I got an eye patch for a week.

Berserk Monk
2009-10-01, 07:05 PM

Dude, not cool. This guy has a serious medical problem and you think it's funny to start cracking jokes? What kind of insensative, stupid jerk are you?

Fire can solve just about any problem even thrid degree burns.

In all seroiusness, hope you it's not too serious and you get well soon, and should you have to wear an eyepatch, you're more than welcome to join my pirate crew.

Darth Mario
2009-10-01, 09:42 PM
Dude, not cool. This guy has a serious medical problem and you think it's funny to start cracking jokes? What kind of insensative, stupid jerk are you?

Hahahahahaha

*ahem*

Nothing to see here.

xPANCAKEx
2009-10-01, 11:33 PM
everyones suggestions are noteworthy... but they lack something

FIRE!

MethosH
2009-10-01, 11:34 PM
Wait... What the hell? There is a "Darth Mario" in the Playground since 2006?!
Where the hell was this guy hiding? :smalleek:

Berserk Monk
2009-10-01, 11:40 PM
Wait... What the hell? There is a "Darth Mario" in the Playground since 2006?!
Where the hell was this guy hiding? :smalleek:

Good question. He must not post that much. He's only an orc while I'm a bug bear and I've been only for a playgrounder for less time.