+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|Unravelling
8th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+2|
+6|Blade of Decay 3d6, Improved Fall apart.

9th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+3|
+6|Class Ability

10th|
+7/+2|
+7|
+3|
+7|Chaos Bolt, Blade of Decay 4d6[/table]

An Entropy Knight is the master of decay, lord of ruin that breaks all things eventually. He is good at tearing down, be it with swords or spells.
Requirements:
Proficiency in all martial weapons
4 ranks in Disable Device
Base attack bonus +4
Must have torn down a building by themselves that could be used to house four or more people.
Any non-lawful alignment.
Requirements end.
Class skills for the Entropy Knight: Disable Device, Handle Animal, Ride, Open Lock, Concentrate, Craft, Profession, Climb, Jump, Swim. They gain 4+ Int modifier skills a level.
Proficiencies: The Entropy Knight gains no new weapon proficiencies, but gains the ability to use medium armor if he or she could not already.

Hit dice: D8

Blade of Decay (SU)
By calling upon the force of ruin that he commands, a number of times a day equal to 2* STR modifier, the Entropy Knight can infuse his blade with decay, causing 1d6 additional damage (Negative Energy), as well as a +4 modifier to Sunder checks. The damage bonus increases to 2d6 at fourth level, 3d6 at eighth level, and 4d6 at 10th level. The bonus to sunder improves to +6 at third level, +8 at sixth level, and +10 at ninth level. This effect lasts a number of rounds equivalent to the Entropy Knight’s STR modifier. (NOTE: This works on ANY Melee weapon, bladed or not.)

Fall Apart (SU)
Firm believers in the natural cycle of decay, at second level, the Entropy Knight gains a touch attack that can be used as many times in a day equivalent to their strength modifier, that causes wood constructions and rocks within a five-foot cube of space to crumble into dust. Iron and other metals, such as nails or bars, are not affected. This can also be used to deal xd6 damage to Undead and Constructs, where X is the number of levels the user has taken in Entropy Knight.

Crumble Defenses (SU)
At Fifth Level, Blade of Decay also inflicts a -1 penalty to AC (Armor/Shield) that stacks five times. If the armor has no AC left after the fifth stack, or negative AC, the armor crumbles into dust. This effect dissipates ten rounds after applied.

Disintegrate Door
At Sixth level, once per day, the Entropy Knight may disintegrate, bolts, locks, and all, a door with a hardness of up to 20. The door cannot have more than 200 HP.

Unravelling
At Seventh level, the Entropy Knight’s powers hold sway over more than just the physical realm! On a successful Blade of Decay hit, the Entropy Knight may attempt to dispel a single magical or psionic effect, as Dispel Magic, with a caster level equal to his Entropy Knight level + his STR modifier + any bonus damage caused from Power Attack.

Improved Fall Apart (SU)
At Eighth level, Fall Apart will disintegrate iron and other metals as well (But not gold or silver) in a ten-foot block. The touch attack deals 2xd6 damage, where X is the Entropy Knight’s class level, rounding up.

Chaos Bolt (SU)
At tenth level, attacks with the Blade of Decay can be used as if a ranged weapon with a range increment of 30 feet. The weapon damage and effects are still determined by strength modifier.

Sunder The Earth (EX)
At tenth level, the Entropy Knight may make a sunder check against the ground (AC of 25 against sunders) to make a five foot wide, fifty foot deep, and twenty feet long crevasse open up below him. Any constructions standing in the way fall into the pit. The Entropy Knight may have up to his Entropy Knight level + his strength modifier crevasses open. The Entropy Knight steps to one side when the pit is created, not provoking attacks of opportunity if he leaves a threatened space. This is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

So, what do you think? Good? Bad? How can i change it to balance it? I was going for sort of a cross between a rogue and a barbarian, plus a little flavor.

Octopus Jack
2009-10-01, 12:21 PM
Good, but chaos bolt seems a bit out of place

dentrag2
2009-10-01, 12:26 PM
Good, but chaos bolt seems a bit out of place

I put it there because so far, he had no means to attack flying creatures. I was more worried about Disintegrate Lock seeming out of place.

Octopus Jack
2009-10-01, 12:34 PM
Good point, disintergrate door would be more appropriate

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-10-01, 12:38 PM
*Looks at time*

Curses. Not enough time for a full review. I'll toss you one later though.

For now, this is an interesting idea, but some of the abilities seem roughly cobbled on, and some of the mechanically unviable (reasons will come later).

May I ask, to aid my eventual critique/appraisal, what the basic idea you're going for is? What sort of character and flavor are you going for, rather than just "destruction?" Why is it partly supernatural? What power level are you aiming at?

dentrag2
2009-10-01, 12:48 PM
I imagined it as an aggressive henchman to a BBEG that could break his way into anything, hunting down the PC's through walls and essentially be a mortal Inevitable that would hunt them down no matter what, or the servant of a destruction god.

It's supernatural, because i couldn't remember the descriptor for Magical effects. Not Extraordinary?

I was aiming at a balanced, but not underpowered, PRC.

Does this help?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-10-01, 01:45 PM
I imagined it as an aggressive henchman to a BBEG that could break his way into anything, hunting down the PC's through walls and essentially be a mortal Inevitable that would hunt them down no matter what, or the servant of a destruction god.

It's supernatural, because i couldn't remember the descriptor for Magical effects. Not Extraordinary?

Alright. That's the purpose it serves...but what IS it? I now know what you want it to do, but why is this special enough to deserve a PrC? What's the story behind it? This is just the way I think, not strictly necessary...

I was aiming at a balanced, but not underpowered, PRC.

Balanced to what? The Fighter? Tome of Battle? Spellcasters?

dentrag2
2009-10-01, 02:40 PM
Erm... Because i had the idea, i felt the need to homebrew something to make up for my lack of homebrew, and because my next campaign is going to involve inevitables, and i wanted something other than just constructs hunting the PCs down ruthlessly?

I want it to be balanced against the core PrC melee, if it's not too much to ask.