PDA

View Full Version : Help with my game system

Froogleyboy
2009-10-03, 09:52 AM
Okay, I'm making a game system and I've got only a little bit done, but I need some help. Okay this is what I have:

Plagued

This is a Role-Playing game:
A role-playing game (RPG) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional characters. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to the system of rules and guidelines (Which is the point of this book). Within the rules, players have the freedom to improvise; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the game.
One specially designated player, the game master (GM), creates a setting in which each player plays the role of a single character. The GM describes the game world and its inhabitants; the other players describe the intended actions of their characters, and the GM describes the outcomes.
Core Mechanic:
Everything has a chance of succses. That chance is modified by how good you are at the task at hand. This game relies on the percentile die (two ten sided dice). Unlike other RPGs, this game only relies on one set of dice for each player. To succsed, you must roll under the chance of succses.
For example: Johnny wants to jump over the river. There is a 40% chance he will make it. He rolls and the dice land on 45. This is to high, and Johnny fails. Though, if he had training in the jump skill, he would have a +5 bonus to the chance of succses, making 45 enough to succsed.

Section 1.0: Setting

The Plagued world is the world you live in today, but with the truth revealed! Everday we live our lives not knowing whats actually happening all around us! Zombies ravage small cities, Cultist spread word of ancient demons, Impressionable teens are taught the ways of black magic, and an assortment of evil happenings go on around the earth. Why, you may ask, do people not notice these atrosities? The answer is, simply, they do. But, they are usually dismissed as illusions.

1.1:P.E.A.

These things would be more obvious if it were not for the work of a small, unbonded, organization called the Paranormal Extraction Agency (or PEA for short). The sole duty of PEA is to protect the world from such monstrocites. They lurk in the shadows, keeping these things from the public eye. Many player characters (or PCs) will play as PEA agents because most campaigns will revolve around the agency.

1.2: The Paranormal

The world is full of legends, and the legends must have come from some where. All of these legends root from a grain of truth. In plague any form of paranormal legend can come to life. Because, all legends originate with a sighting
Section 2.0: Making a character
Since this is an RPG, you need to make a character before you can play (duh!) your character represents you in the world of Plagued. If you read the rules in this section, you can have a great character ready in minutes.

Section 2.1: Attributes
Almost every roll in the game of Plagued is modifed by an attribute. The seven attributes are:
Brawn - You're physical power. Pure brute force

Agility- Your agilty and quickness

Body- Your abilty to roll with the punches. Your health

Smarts- Your intellect, the abilty to think your way out of a jam.

Spirit- Your understanding, and connection to what you understand

Charm- The force of personality, your smooth talking ability

Appearance- How you turn heads

(Abbreviated: Bra, Agi, Bod, Sma, Spi, C)
When creating a character, you have 100 points to spend between attributes. Each attribute starts at zero, and must be above at least five to be considerd "able-bodied" and above ten to be considerd "good" (anything above 50 is "great") The average for a normal person is 10 but, in plagued , you are not a normal character. You are a hero (a person who is ABOVE average)
For every five points your character has in one attributes, he gets one bonus percent of succses in skills relating to that attribute (skills are explained later in this book)

2.2: Assets/Vices

What defines your character, more then your attributes, is your assets and vices.

Assets

These are innate abilities. In general, a character may only be given these
advantages when he is first created. After that, there is no way to gain or
“earn” them. Each asset has a point cost, You can spend as many points equal to your smarts score. Of course you can have one, expensive, asset, but it is much better to have many, smaller ones.

Vice

These are the problems with your characters, and before you say "Why would I want something wrong with my character?" even the greatest heros had problems, its part of characterization. And, you get to add the point cost of the vice to how many points of assets you get.

Thats all I have, and I need some input, first, I need help making the Assets and Vices (any ideas?) and second, What do you think?

Dragon Elite
2009-10-04, 07:00 PM
ASsets could be athleticism stuff (climbing, speed, reflexes, etc) and SLAs

Froogleyboy
2009-10-04, 07:20 PM
ASsets could be athleticism stuff (climbing, speed, reflexes, etc) and SLAs

What do you mean by SLA?

Dragon Elite
2009-10-05, 09:52 PM
Stuff like improved speed for 1 min 1/day, shooting fire, etc.