PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Unarmed Build (bit unusual)

ProjectSiolence
2009-10-04, 11:09 PM
Starting a new campaign soon, and was trying some kind of unarmed build but totally not sure how best to go about it, so here we go.
14 lvls allowed
Doppelganger Monk 4 / Warshaper 4 / Fighter 2 (only for feats)
Feats (+2 Flaws): Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike, Improved Natural Attack, Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Improved Martial Arts

So now I'm a melee unarmed combatant who can stretch to attack adjacent squares, with warshaping enlarge the size of my natural attack (unarmed fist) that also counts as a magical weapon from Ki. Feats to bump it up more along with Vows because I want emphasis on him being solely relied on himself and nothing else. Coming up short on other feats and haven't figured out the number of them I'll start with (minimum I'm aware of are the ones i choose).

What stats take priority here? And any comments on how to improve this build is much appreciated.

Tavar
2009-10-04, 11:22 PM
Can you give us a list of books/sources allowed? That would help us give advice.

In any case, if you can use the Tome of Battle, the Unarmed Swordsage would be better than monk. You could also use the Shadow Sun Ninja(from the same book) to get some neat little tricks. Other possible classes that could work are Totemist(Magic of Incarnum) and Psychic Warrior(Expanded Psionics Handbook).

Also, Vow Of Poverty is a trap. Seriously, the benefits it gives you generally don't make up for what you could get with items. Plus, Monks are actually very reliant on items to shore up their weaknesses.

Furthermore, right now you're ECL 18, with 8 of those tied up in something that doesn't really help your abilities much(Doppelganger). If you really want Warshaper in there, you might try Lycanthrope levels.

Oh, and you probably want this in the Roleplaying Games Forum, not the homebrew. To get this moved, you should PM a moderator.