PDA

View Full Version : This is Halloween?

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-04, 11:38 PM
Seeing as Halloween is approaching, I thought I would make a thread that vaguely deals with it.

In the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, the opening song titled "This is Halloween" describes the town of Halloween and some of the residents.

If this town existed in DnD:

What would some of it's commodities be? (Prior to stealing Christmas, A.K.A. not toys)

How would it be regarded by it's neighbors?

How would it defend itself when besieged?

Just some food for thought. :smallwink:

Shpadoinkle
2009-10-04, 11:58 PM
What would some of it's commodities be? (Prior to stealing Christmas, A.K.A. not toys)

How would it be regarded by it's neighbors?

How would it defend itself when besieged?

Just some food for thought. :smallwink:

I dunno. Candy? It's been a long time since I've actually seen the movie, but I really only recall preparing for Halloween being the one thing everyone did, like it was a giant volunteer public works project or something. We didn't really see a lot of how life in Halloweentown actually works. Jack seemed totally unaware there were other towns devoted to a given holiday. If anything, Halloweentown and other places like it would probably be demiplanes.

The uneducated masses would probably think it's haunted and full of demons and such.

Fear effects. Loooots of fear effects. Even a commner with a makeshift club made out of a tree branch can beat the hell out of someone too terrified to do anything but cower.

Arundel
2009-10-05, 12:45 AM
I may be wrong here, but lets try:

1.) Take Ravenloft
2.) Have Clan Malkavian embrace populace
3.) ?????
4.) Profit

ProjectSiolence
2009-10-05, 12:52 AM
Seems like the place Clerics of Bane go to when they die

Xenogears
2009-10-05, 01:12 AM
I dunno. Candy? It's been a long time since I've actually seen the movie, but I really only recall preparing for Halloween being the one thing everyone did, like it was a giant volunteer public works project or something. We didn't really see a lot of how life in Halloweentown actually works. Jack seemed totally unaware there were other towns devoted to a given holiday. If anything, Halloweentown and other places like it would probably be demiplanes.

I got the feeling from the first part of the movie that they prepare for Halloween all year long and then travel to the real world to scare the living piss out of all of us for a night. So they work perfectly as a demi-plane with a yearly visitation plan.

TelemontTanthul
2009-10-05, 10:56 AM
Okay, so I suppose the town of Halloween would be a demi-plane.

Hmm, that complicates matters on the other questions, since Demi-planes usually don't trade with other planes.