PDA

View Full Version : White wolf Question

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-05, 01:04 PM
So I don't know if this is a violation of forum rules so if it is i appoligse.

But are there any forums that are heavy white-wolf forums that are about optimisation? It seems all the ones i find are more about fluff. Or even ones that concentrate more on the mechanical side...

Err also for oWoD if possible..

Thanks again.

Tam_OConnor
2009-10-05, 01:21 PM
Oh don't be silly. We're not utterly devoted to the d20 (ALL HAIL OUR BENEVOLENT ICOSAHEDROL LORD!).

RPG.net (http://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3) is fairly heavy on optimizing Exalted, and they've got the occasional thread about Noun: the Verbing. Starting a thread there might prove educational (or could dissolve into a flamewar. Bring marshmallows).

Afraid that's the only one I know for sure. And let me know if you find another one; I game with brutal optimizers, so if the system isn't sturdy, they refuse to try it. I'm not breaking out WoD until I can browbeat them into roleplaying, not powergaming. Ergo, houseruling of WoD. Good luck!

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-05, 01:23 PM
Oh don't be silly. We're not utterly devoted to the d20 (ALL HAIL OUR BENEVOLENT ICOSAHEDROL LORD!).

RPG.net (http://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3) is fairly heavy on optimizing Exalted, and they've got the occasional thread about Noun: the Verbing. Starting a thread there might prove educational (or could dissolve into a flamewar. Bring marshmallows).

Afraid that's the only one I know for sure. And let me know if you find another one; I game with brutal optimizers, so if the system isn't sturdy, they refuse to try it. I'm not breaking out WoD until I can browbeat them into roleplaying, not powergaming. Ergo, houseruling of WoD. Good luck!

Ya not a fan of exalted... but ill check it out...

It seems hard.. I know we arn't all just devoted to d20... i just like looking over builds and hering about people doing wierd things with a setting some times.

SurlySeraph
2009-10-05, 01:24 PM
I find that /tg/, the traditional games board of 4chan, tends to get optimization-heavy whenever they discuss White Wolf games. But it's 4chan, so be advised that quality, useful information, and worksafeness will vary heavily day-to-day and hour-to-hour.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-05, 01:25 PM
I find that /tg/, the traditional games board of 4chan, tends to get optimization-heavy whenever they discuss White Wolf games. But it's 4chan, so be advised that quality, useful information, and worksafeness will vary heavily day-to-day and hour-to-hour.

ya... im sick of TG but thanks for the Lead!!!

Evilfeeds
2009-10-05, 04:15 PM
I suspect there arent many threads about it, because optimisation in oWoD isnt particularly difficult. Just put as many points as you can into whatever you want to optimise. Thats pretty much it.

D&D is very much a combat heavy game as well, with lots of ways to blow things up. WoD traditionally is more rp-focused, and there aren't that many ways to kill things. ("i shoot him with my handgun" or "i punch him really hard" tends to be how it works).

Optimisation would also depend on what sort of game your running, and what the GM allows. If you can play a Mage with Matter 3 in a game of vampire, then you're pretty much going to dominate.