PDA

View Full Version : Improved Soulborn and more Soulborn Soulmelds

Glimbur
2009-10-05, 01:13 PM
So the Soulborn is not very good. I decided to take it in the direction of a fighter type that happens to use Incarnum.

Soulborn Reborn
I am the ultimate warrior. The spirits of the ages guide my blade into your throat.
-Steven McTavish, Soulborn.

As a soulborn, you use a combination of Incarnum and martial skill to kill people.

Abilities: Str is good for hitting people. Dex is ok, if you like Reflex saves or light armor like some sort of prancing git. Con is more important for you than other front liners because it also affects how many melds you can shape. Int is for losers. Wis is for Will saves but that's it. Cha is for smitin' and several class features, depending on your alignment.

Races: Half Orcs are cool. Full orcs are cooler. Any hardy race makes a fine soulborn. Dwarves, humans, bugbears, owl-bears, owl-men-bears, etc. Don't be something frail like an elf.

Alignment: Pick a side on each axis. LG, CG, LE, or CE only.

Starting Gold: 6d4x10 (avg 150)

Class Features
Armor and Weapons: You are proficient with light, medium, and heavy armor and all shields except tower shields and silly stuff like extreme shields. You are proficient with all simple and martial weapons.

Skills: Sorry, you only get 2+Int mod skill points a level, 4x that at first level. Class skills are Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(Arcana), Knowledge(The Planes), Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Swim.

Special Multiclassing Note: If you take a class that grants progression of casting (arcane or divine), you may instead apply gaining more essentia, melds, binds, and bind locations as though you were taking more levels in Soulborn. You do not get any other class features from Soulborn.

If a class progresses Smite uses or damage, that stacks with Smite from Soulborn.

Hit Die:d10

NAME OF CLASS
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Class Features|Essentia|Soulmelds|Binds

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Aura, Smite Opposition 1/encounter, Detect Opposition|
0|
1|

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Incarnum Defense|
1|
1|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Bonus Feat|
1|
1|

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1||
2|
2|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Chakra Binds(Crown, Hands, Feet)|
2|
2|

6th|
+6/1|
+5|
+2|
+2|Extra Learning|
3|
2|

7th|
+7/2|
+5|
+2|
+2|Smite Opposition 2/encounter|
3|
3|

8th|
+8/3|
+6|
+2|
+2||
4|
3|

9th|
+9/4|
+6|
+3|
+3|Expanded Soulmeld Capacity|
4|
3|

10th|
+10/5|
+7|
+3|
+3|Bonus Feat|
5|
3|

11th|
+11/6/1|
+7|
+3|
+3|Chakra Binds (Arms, Brow, Shoulders)|
6|
4|

12th|
+12/7/2|
+8|
+4|
+4|Mettle|
6|
4|

13th|
+13/8/3|
+8|
+4|
+4|Smite Opposition 3/day|
7|
5|

14th|
+14/9/4|
+9|
+4|
+4||
7|
5|

15th|
+15/10/5|
+9|
+5|
+5|Extra Learning|
8|
5|

16th|
+16/11/6/1|
+10|
+5|
+5|Chakra Binds(Throat, Waist)|
8|
6|

17th|
+17/12/7/2|
+10|
+5|
+5||
9|
6|

18th|
+18/13/8/3|
+11|
+6|
+6|Bulwark of Incarnum|
9|
6|

19th|
+19/14/9/4|
+11|
+6|
+6|Smite Opposition 4/encounter|
10|
7|

20th|
+20/15/10/5|
+12|
+6|
+6|Chakra Bind(Heart), Incarnation|
11|
7|
4[/table]

Class Features

Aura: You're so hardcore that everyone knows what you believe. You show up on Detect alignment spells according to your alignment, with a strength dependent on your Soulborn level.

Smite Opposition(Su): You may as a free action designate your next melee attack as a smite. You may do this only once a turn. If you smite an opponent with an alignment at all different from yours, you get your Charisma modifier as a bonus to hit and your Soulborn level as a bonus to damage. The smite use is still expended even if the target happens to have the same alignment as you. This counts as Smite Evil or Smite Good or whatever for purposes of PrC's and feats and such.

Detect Opposition(Sp): You may detect alignments opposed to you on either axis, as Detect Evil and company. For example, a LE soulborn can detect Chaos and Good.

Meldshaping: You may shape soulmelds from the Soulborn class list (but see Extra Learning). Your meldshaper level is equal to your Soulborn level. You can't shape one with an alignment descriptor that doesn't match yours. The save for one you get from this class is 10+half meldshaper level+invested essentia.

Incarnum Defense(Su): This is two features in one! Hooray! Every Soulborn gets their Charisma bonus as an Insight bonus to Will saves, but it does not stack with the Divine Grace ability of Paladins or the Cha to saves ability of Hexblades. Sorry. In addition, each alignment of Soulborn gets another immunity.
LG: Your heart is full of conviction and fervor, with no room for fear. You are immune to fear.
CG: You are accustomed to Evil's attempts to toy with your mind. You are immune to [Compulsion] affects.
LE: A sinner's work is never done. You cannot become Fatigued.
CE: If you stop killing, then you've stopped living. You are immune to Paralysis.

Bonus Feat(ex): You may take a feat from the Fighter bonus list, or an [Incarnum] feat.

Extra Learning(ex): You may add a soulmeld to your class list. It can be a Totemist or Incarnate (or some crazy homebrewed one from somewhere else, who knows) soulmeld, but you must still abide by the alignment restrictions.

Expanded Soulmeld Capacity: The capacity of all your soulmelds from this class goes up by one. This increase stacks with the feat Expanded Soulmeld Capacity and Incarnum Focus items.

Mettle(ex): If you succeed on a Fort or Will save against an effect that has a lesser effect on a successful save, you instead are not affected at all. Score. Sadly this doesn't work if you're asleep or unconscious, presumably to help the one person in all of creation that actually casts the spell Nightmare.

Bulwark of Incarnum(Su): You're so awesome and full of souls that you gain extra protections, depending on alignment.
LG: The souls of good shield yours. You are under the effect of a Death Ward spell at all times.
CG: The souls of freedom coil around you and give you the effect of a Freedom of Movement spell.
LE: Tyranny is not easily routed. You are immune to ability damage, and are entitled to a save against ability drain. If the source does not typically grant a save, make a Fort save of DC depending on the source. If it's a spell, DC is 10+spell level+relevant ability mod+other DC boosters that apply. Otherwise the DC is 10+half source's Hit Dice+relevant ability mod (if unsure use Cha)
CE: The miasma of souls around your mind protects you from doubt, mercy, compassion, and also [Mind Affecting] effects.

Incarnation(Su): Remember how you used to have a limited amount of essentia? Screw that. When you activate this as a free action, every soulmeld (and only soulmelds, not other essentia receptacles like [Incarnum] feats or some items) you have acts as though it's full of essentia for 3+Con Mod rounds. During this time you can't move essentia around. You may do this Cha mod times a day, but no more than once a combat. Otherwise you would explode from over-souling.

Design Notes

Smites are per encounter instead of per day because I dislike per day mechanics.

I offer binds sooner than stock Soulborn does but later than Incarnate or Totemist. This is intentional.

It's also intentional that you get some Incarnum at level one. Otherwise why use an Incarnum class at low levels?

I like the Extra Learning class ability, but it's pretty much one specific feat (Shape Soulmeld) for free repeatedly without the hit to meldshaper level.

I'm not sold on the Bonus Feats but wanted to include some fighter flavor (such as it is) and remove some dead levels.

Bulwark of Incarnum has been somewhat peer reviewed now.

Glimbur
2009-10-05, 01:14 PM
Soul of a Warrior (Good)
Descriptors: Good
Classes: Soulborn
Chakra: Arms
Saving Throw: None or Will for half
A true warrior supports his comrades.

When you use the Aid Another action in combat, the bonus you provide increases by two.

Essentia Effect: Each point of essentia increases the bonus you provide by 1.

Chakra Bind(Arms)
You gain Lay on Hands similar to a Paladin. As a standard action, you may heal yourself or someone you touch by using some or all of your pool. Your pool size is meldshaper level*Cha modifier*(essentia invested+1). You do not get unlimited healing by juggling essentia into and out of the soulmeld; track healing used not healing left.
You may instead spend your pool to damage undead with a touch attack as a standard action, each point of healing can instead be one point of damage to undead but they get a Will save for half of DC 10+half meldshaper level+Cha mod+invested essentia.
Special: This allows you to qualify like a Paladin for PrC's that require Lay on Hands. If you take such a PrC then unbind this soulmeld you have Lay on Hands just from the PrC; the levels do not stack if this soulmeld is not shaped and bound. It also counts as Lay on Hands for feats and items.

Soul of a Warrior (Evil)
Descriptors: Evil
Chakra: Face
Saving Throw: Will negates
A true warrior is a terrible force.

You gain a +2 Insight Bonus to Intimidate.

Essentia: Each point of essentia increases your bonus to intimidate by +2.

Chakra Bind(Face)
Your gaze causes enemies (but not allies) to become shaken for one minute (Will negates). The gaze has a range of 60'. The save DC is 10+half meldshaper level+essentia invested+Cha modifier. This is a [mind affecting] effect.

Soul of a Warrior (Chaos)
Descriptors: Chaos
Chakra: Hands
Saving Throw: None
A true warrior is unpredictable.

You gain a +2 Insight bonus to disarm, trip, bull rush, over-run, feint, sunder (Insight bonus also applies to damage from sunder attacks) or grapple checks. When you shape the soulmeld choose one of these types of actions to get this bonus. You may change the type of action that gains the bonus as a Swift action. For example, Soul McSoulston shaped this soulmeld and choose to get a bonus to tripping. He then meets a wizard with a staff full of magical energies. As a swift action he changes from a bonus to trip to a bonus to sunder.

Essentia: Each point of essentia increases the bonus by +1.

Chakra Bind(Hands):
Warriors of days gone by guide your hands to more skillful trickery.
Choose Combat Expertise, Power Attack, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Sunder, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grapple, or Improved Overrun when you bind this soulmeld. You may act as though you have that feat for every application except qualifying for feats or PrC's. For example, you may decide to act as though you have Improved Sunder but do not qualify for Combat Brute.

Soul of a Warrior (Law)
Descriptors: Law
Chakra: Shoulders
Saving Throw: None
A true warrior is certain.

You may act as though you rolled an 11 on a d20 instead of rolling it for an attack, skill check, or attribute check (like a trip attempt or Str check to break a door) twice per encounter. You may not take 11 on Initiative.

Essentia Effect: Each point of Essentia lets you take 11 on another check per encounter.

Chakra Bind(Shoulders): You may take 11 on saving throws subject to the same per encounter limit as attacks or skill checks. This only works in combat, it does not apply to traps and you may not do this when flatfooted or during a surprise round.

Design Notes
The Good soulmeld is intended to increase multiclassing and PrC opportunities. The Evil soulmeld with its IFF (identify friend or foe) Gaze Attack may seem powerful, but it's just the Fearsome Mask with the DC increased and the range limited. Honestly, the Lawful one seems to be the most powerful one to me.

zagan
2009-10-05, 03:51 PM
I love you man your other incarnum homebrew are really good and Incarnum need the support and Soulborn more than the other.

Now to look into detail:
I se no problem with the, essentia soulmeld and Binds progression, later/weaker than the other incarnum class but it fit and not so late that no one want to play it.

For smite opposition giving an example is might clear thing a little
As I understand it a LG soulborn can smite CE, CN, NE, LE creature is that right ?

As for the rest I see no problem, keep the will save as is the class might be too good otherwise, cha to save is enough.

Smite per encounter, it's a change from the norm but I prefer that too.

Keep the bonus feat, its limit enough to be usefull without being owerpowered.

Changing Mettle to the original version would be best.

Bulwark of incarnum is nice as his a LE soulborn with +7 cha mod not hard to have get DR14/Good and Silver wich mean nearly nothing you can encounter bypass it. You could even change it to Good or Silver and it would still be a nice abilitie.

Glimbur
2009-10-05, 04:11 PM
For smite opposition giving an example is might clear thing a little
As I understand it a LG soulborn can smite CE, CN, NE, LE creature is that right ?

I mean that a LG soulborn can only not smite other LG people. For one thing, lots of animals are NN (TN) so if you can't smite them the class feature is less useful depending on what sorts of monsters you encounter. Precedent for this type of smite comes from the Crusader. This is a broader range than the original Soulborn smite, which would only let LG smite the alignments you suggest. Maybe the target should be at least two steps away from your alignment for it to work? That does make the ability more complicated though.

I hadn't expected a Soulborn to have such high Cha. 32 pb would go about 16/12/16/10/10/12, unless you like Cha more than Con. Level up bonuses probably don't go to Cha because you're a melee fighter, so at the level you get Bulwark of Incarnum you could be at 12+6(cloak)+5(tome) if you want to spend a lot of cash on Cha. That's +6. I suppose +7 isn't completely outrageous then. The only concern I have with making it DR/Good is that there's already a Soulmeld that would do that. Eh, worth doing anyway.

Upon comparing my Mettle to the one Crusaders get, only the fluff is different.

Cieyrin
2009-10-05, 07:19 PM
While I see the reasoning for having smites per encounter, that comes out to a lot of smiting against a lot of targets. Reducing restrictions on the smite using Crusader as the caveat also goes with that Crusaders also smite far less then Paladins do, less than half the amount. Smites are powerful, so making them more easily available is a bit over-powering. I'd recommend cutting the damage bonus to half-class levels and keeping everything else.

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

Averagedog
2009-10-05, 10:21 PM
Cieyrin, if the base 3.5 paladins had smites per encounter instead of per day, would you be objecting to the smites this soulborn has? I personally think that core 3.5 paladins are grossly underpowered compared to most of the other base classes. Heck, most of the people I know take it just to dip for the charisma to saves.

Cieyrin
2009-10-05, 11:39 PM
Cieyrin, if the base 3.5 paladins had smites per encounter instead of per day, would you be objecting to the smites this soulborn has? I personally think that core 3.5 paladins are grossly underpowered compared to most of the other base classes. Heck, most of the people I know take it just to dip for the charisma to saves.

Pally isn't that underpowered, really. Especially with splat books, Smites get more uber, along with the mount, uber saves and definitely some of the later books' Pally spells, it puts fighters and monks to shame as front-liners, sad as that is.

As for the smites per encounter, I'd stick to my guns for half class level. Pallies Pow and Divine Might just fine for massive damage that more smites more often pushes 'em even further.

zagan
2009-10-06, 04:22 AM
I mean that a LG soulborn can only not smite other LG people. For one thing, lots of animals are NN (TN) so if you can't smite them the class feature is less useful depending on what sorts of monsters you encounter. Precedent for this type of smite comes from the Crusader. This is a broader range than the original Soulborn smite, which would only let LG smite the alignments you suggest. Maybe the target should be at least two steps away from your alignment for it to work? That does make the ability more complicated though.
After comparing it with the Crusader I agree with Cieyrin that per encounter with a so broad range could be too much. Limiting to opposing alignement on a least on axe could work; example a LG paladin could smite CG, CN, CE, LE, and NE creature. Hum that still a lot of creature, on second though perhaps limiting to per day would be better. I don't know.

I hadn't expected a Soulborn to have such high Cha. 32 pb would go about 16/12/16/10/10/12, unless you like Cha more than Con. Level up bonuses probably don't go to Cha because you're a melee fighter, so at the level you get Bulwark of Incarnum you could be at 12+6(cloak)+5(tome) if you want to spend a lot of cash on Cha. That's +6. I suppose +7 isn't completely outrageous then. The only concern I have with making it DR/Good is that there's already a Soulmeld that would do that. Eh, worth doing anyway.
I think you're underestimating the value of Cha for that class it' use for smite, incarnum defense, Bulwark of incarnum if you're LG and Incarnation your soul of warrior soulmeld also use it. Personnaly I would try to have a least a 14 in it and probably with a race granting a bonus to Cha.

Upon comparing my Mettle to the one Crusaders get, only the fluff is different.
Yeah, no problem there.

Ziegander
2009-10-06, 10:14 PM
I just want to pop in a say that Smite is not, never was, powerful. +7 to hit, +20 to damage, for one attack per round, up to four times an encounter? At level 20? Big. Freaking. Deal. A Paladin's smites per day are god awful, but even this Soulborn's smiting per encounter isn't that great.

This Soulborn can't use multiple smites per round, so he has to spread them over four rounds. Meanwhile, the Fighter (sucky as he is), is full attacking with the full Weapon Supremacy line for +4 to hit, +6 to damage on ALL of his attacks.

Assuming they have the same strength (30), and both wield a +5 Greatsword the numbers look like this -

Soulborn: attacks +42(smite)/+30/+25/+20; damage 2d6+40(smite) + 6d6+60(other three attacks combined) x 4 rounds = 128(avg)-148(max) if all the attacks hit.

Fighter: attacks +44(supremacy)/+34/+29/+24; damage 8d6+104(all four attacks combined) x 4 rounds = 132(avg)-152(max) if all the attacks hit.

So, the Fighter wins out over Smite, all day, everyday, and always has. He hits more often and for more damage and does it without having to obey any silly alignment restrictions.

PId6
2009-10-06, 11:52 PM
I like the class a lot. I'm not well-versed in Incarnum though, so I can't give too much advice, but a few things I did notice:

The multicasting with casters ability... is that meant to be used with PrCs or with base casters?
No Knowledge (Religion) as class skill? Having it would make the class more similar to paladin, and Knowledge (Religion) does make it much easier to apply for paladin PrCs.
Detect Opposition: Why not allow both alignment detections at the same time? Or a general purpose "Detect Opposition" SLA as opposed to separate Detect Evil/Chaos/Etc.?
Smite Opposition is perfectly fine as is.
Level 14 seems pretty dead, without even the benefit of extra essentia/soulmelds/binds.
Incarnum Defense is a bit uneven for the different alignments. Immunity to paralysis/fear seems a lot better than exhaustion, since fatigue is almost as bad by killing your charge. Immunity to fatigue entirely doesn't seem unreasonable. The CE one is interesting but a bit hard to balance, and seems too different from the other abilities. Immunity to compulsion instead? That gets useless when you get Bulwark of Incarnum though. Perhaps shuffle it around a bit so CG = compulsion (loves freedom over authority) and CE = paralysis (can't stop the slaughter)?
Minor issue, but why is Incarnum Defense centered on the table while the other abilities aren't?
Bulwark is pretty uneven too. CG and CE's abilities are just way better than their lawful equivalents. CG provides a constant 4th level spell (Freedom of Movement), while LG only gives a fraction of the protection of a 4th level spell (Death Ward). That should be a full Death Ward effect instead. CE's effect is almost as good as an 8th level spell (Mind Blank), though with divination protection shaved off so it's worth slightly less. LE should get much better than just a few insignificant points of DR (which will likely be penetrated anyway). What about immunity to ability damage/drain or immunity to critical hits?
Soul of a Warrior (Evil)'s Chakra Bind ability is decent at first but gets pretty bad since enemies are only shaken (meaning you have to spend more actions to get bigger effect; something you don't want to do at higher levels) and more and more enemies get immunity to fear as levels go up. Maybe make it so that if you fail the save by a certain amount, you become frightened/panicked instead, so it's less of an action-hogger?
Soul of a Warrior (Law) is ridiculously strong. Without even binding anything, you can automatically Take 11 on any skill/attribute check you want, which is just awesome considering you don't actually have to invest much into it to make use of it and you will rarely need to make more than one skill/attribute check per round anyway. And Taking 11 on initiative? I'd love that on any character! This really needs to be nerfed, maybe twice an encounter or something, and then raise the Essential effect to adding once more per encounter per point invested. That, or make it an immediate action to use so that it'll cost something at least.

Glimbur
2009-10-07, 04:05 PM
* The multicasting with casters ability... is that meant to be used with PrCs or with base casters?

I intended the class to be more multi-classing friendly with PrC's.

* No Knowledge (Religion) as class skill? Having it would make the class more similar to paladin, and Knowledge (Religion) does make it much easier to apply for paladin PrCs.

Looking through Complete Divine, the only Paladin aimed PrC that requires Knowledge(Religion) [and the Soulborn can qualify for, due to not actually having divine casting] is Shining Blade of Heironeus. Sanctified One from Complete Champion would also benefit. But that skill goes against the flavor I'm aiming for, which is a warrior that uses Incarnum. If you really want it as a class skill there are feats for that.

* Detect Opposition: Why not allow both alignment detections at the same time? Or a general purpose "Detect Opposition" SLA as opposed to separate Detect Evil/Chaos/Etc.?

Incarnates only get one detect at will... it's not a big deal to allow that. Done.
* Smite Opposition is perfectly fine as is.

I agree. Even if you use feats that use Smites for other things, I'm not terribly worried about balance unless PC's start abusing the shield from MiC that lets you use smites to heal. Then the DM should intervene.

* Level 14 seems pretty dead, without even the benefit of extra essentia/soulmelds/binds.

True. I could throw another Bonus Feat in there, I don't think that would much increase the power of the class.

* Incarnum Defense is a bit uneven for the different alignments. Immunity to paralysis/fear seems a lot better than exhaustion, since fatigue is almost as bad by killing your charge. Immunity to fatigue entirely doesn't seem unreasonable. The CE one is interesting but a bit hard to balance, and seems too different from the other abilities. Immunity to compulsion instead? That gets useless when you get Bulwark of Incarnum though. Perhaps shuffle it around a bit so CG = compulsion (loves freedom over authority) and CE = paralysis (can't stop the slaughter)?

That's what the original Soulborn from the book had. CE is better than the rest, and your suggestion makes sense. We'll give that a whirl.

* Minor issue, but why is Incarnum Defense centered on the table while the other abilities aren't?

I don't know what you're talking about *cough*.

* Bulwark is pretty uneven too. CG and CE's abilities are just way better than their lawful equivalents. CG provides a constant 4th level spell (Freedom of Movement), while LG only gives a fraction of the protection of a 4th level spell (Death Ward). That should be a full Death Ward effect instead. CE's effect is almost as good as an 8th level spell (Mind Blank), though with divination protection shaved off so it's worth slightly less. LE should get much better than just a few insignificant points of DR (which will likely be penetrated anyway). What about immunity to ability damage/drain or immunity to critical hits?

I threw these abilities together without too much thought to balance. The Occult Slayer's capstone was my justification for giving the CE Soulborn almost-Mindblank, but then I should increase the other alignments' abilities to match. LE... immunity to any ability damage, or a specific ability? We could shuffle up the CE Incarnum Defense ability.

* Soul of a Warrior (Evil)'s Chakra Bind ability is decent at first but gets pretty bad since enemies are only shaken (meaning you have to spend more actions to get bigger effect; something you don't want to do at higher levels) and more and more enemies get immunity to fear as levels go up. Maybe make it so that if you fail the save by a certain amount, you become frightened/panicked instead, so it's less of an action-hogger?

When it stops being effective you can quit using it. Anyone with access to the Evil Soul of a Warrior also has access to either the Chaotic or Lawful meld

* Soul of a Warrior (Law) is ridiculously strong. Without even binding anything, you can automatically Take 11 on any skill/attribute check you want, which is just awesome considering you don't actually have to invest much into it to make use of it and you will rarely need to make more than one skill/attribute check per round anyway. And Taking 11 on initiative? I'd love that on any character! This really needs to be nerfed, maybe twice an encounter or something, and then raise the Essential effect to adding once more per encounter per point invested. That, or make it an immediate action to use so that it'll cost something at least.

Either making it per encounter or taking a swift/immediate action would work, Incarnum users actually have a use for swift actions so this would hurt. Let's try it per encounter, and cut out taking 11 on Initiative.

Glimbur
2009-10-07, 04:32 PM
OK, idea.

LE Bulwark of Incarnum: You're immune to ability damage. If you are affected with ability drain, you get a Fort save DC 10+half source's HD+relevant ability mod to ignore it. This requires a little work from the DM, but on the other hand it's no longer too weak. Too strong? Maybe.

LG Bulwark of Incarnum: You're immune to negative levels.

Thoughts?

PId6
2009-10-07, 06:39 PM
OK, idea.

LE Bulwark of Incarnum: You're immune to ability damage. If you are affected with ability drain, you get a Fort save DC 10+half source's HD+relevant ability mod to ignore it. This requires a little work from the DM, but on the other hand it's no longer too weak. Too strong? Maybe.

LG Bulwark of Incarnum: You're immune to negative levels.

Thoughts?
For 14th level, you can add something, or just move Smite Opposition 3/day up one level since 13 gets all that extra meldshaping goodness while 14 does not.

LE one looks fine. For the save DC, specify the normal save DC of the spell (even if it doesn't offer a save), 10+spell level+Cha if it's an SLA, or 10+half HD+Cha (or a more relevant ability at DM's discretion) for a supernatural or extraordinary ability.

For LG, why not just give permanent Death Ward? You're at 18th level minimum, so it's hardly unbalancing at such a high level, and if it's only immunity to negative levels, you'll still probably want Death Ward or Soulfire for immunity to the other stuff like death effects, wasting the ability. Having total Death Ward would make this comparable to the other alignment ones.

Glimbur
2009-10-07, 08:00 PM
Sounds good.