PDA

View Full Version : Scared spitless!

varthalon
2009-10-06, 06:13 PM
So everyone has some good horror stories and its almost Halloween. What are some of the most scary experiences in your life?

I have two, one ancient and one recent.

About thirty years ago I was a young kid camping with my family in the Grand Teton mountains. We were walking on a ridge above a massive cliff and I wanted to go down the slope a bit to get closer to the edge to look down. My dad warned me that it was slick rock and not to do it (slick rock is sandstone that is VERY slippery because sand particles on it are loose and don't give you traction). I fell and slid right to the edge. My dad grabbed my wrist and this scrubby little pine sapling. I ended up with my lower legs dangling over the edge (it seemed like miles up at the time but it was actually about 100 yards which would have killed me just as dead). I still have nightmares about it occasionally.

My more recent experience was getting mugged for the first time a couple of years ago. Walking thorough a park this greasy white guy wearing filthy surplus military fatigues jump up from behind a concrete wall and threatened me with a knife. Just as I was fishing out my wallet a huge black guy (I mean huge, like NFL linebacker huge) came across us and before I knew what was happening had the guy's knife and was beating the holy living $%!# out the guy. They mugger ended up this bleeding whimpering wreck of human garbage curled up in the fetal position on the gravel and the black guy just asked if I was OK and then calmly walked away. I still can't figure out if being held at knife point or watching that savage beating scared me more.

GoC
2009-10-07, 06:56 AM
My more recent experience was getting mugged for the first time a couple of years ago. Walking thorough a park this greasy white guy wearing filthy surplus military fatigues jump up from behind a concrete wall and threatened me with a knife. Just as I was fishing out my wallet a huge black guy (I mean huge, like NFL linebacker huge) came across us and before I knew what was happening had the guy's knife and was beating the holy living $%!# out the guy. They mugger ended up this bleeding whimpering wreck of human garbage curled up in the fetal position on the gravel and the black guy just asked if I was OK and then calmly walked away. I still can't figure out if being held at knife point or watching that savage beating scared me more.

I like this story.:smallcool: