PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 4.0(tweaked)

Deathdarken
2009-10-09, 10:27 PM
What would you all think of a bleach 4.0 based system? What do you think should be in that system ? Me and a group of friends are working on this. I'll post some stuff once I get a steady list of what I want to do with it. I would also have to create a system for the shiki and bankai, If some of you remember the 3.5 bleach stuff I want to create a new system that won't be as over powered but will allow payers to do exactly what they want. I will also be adding a spell point system in this as well so that will also add to it. I just like the feel of 4.0 and think it will work better then 3.5

Deathdarken
2009-10-09, 11:27 PM
Thee are the basic characters that we will be working with

Shinigami-this includes Vizard
Quincy
Bount
Human
Hollow-this includes Arrancar and the like

what other characters types should we have?

OutlawJT
2009-10-10, 01:23 AM
Personally, I don't see a way to accurately represent hardly any anime in a 4th edition based system (there are a couple specific exceptions but Bleach isn't one of them). Powers in 4.0 are structured way too closely to adequately represent what we see characters in the manga/anime do. I can't argue that the 3.5 work isn't pretty powerful but consider that the character in Bleach are inherently extremely powerful to begin with. A system like 4.0 would only gimp the power they clearly display in the manga/anime.

More power to you trying to figure it out, though. My only great suggestion off the top of my head is to make Vizard and Arrancar paragon paths with feat requirements (something like inner hollow for Vizard). Maybe the same for becoming a Captain but have roleplay restrictions on it obviously.

Deathdarken
2009-10-10, 01:06 PM
to fix this problem of how the powers work I will be tweaking the system, enough to make it work I hope. out side of the basic attacks people start with for their class. Also the powers in this for encounter and daily will become your shiki and bankai. There will be a feat or power you get as you improve to allow then to become encounter rather then daily

Nero24200
2009-10-10, 03:32 PM
I think it could work if done right...though a few things spring to mind.

Classes like Quincy and Bounto I can see taking up single classes, but shinigami are pretty varied. You get combat-focused ones, magic focused ones, utility focused ones (Hana springs to mind with his ability to pretty much only heal).

To this end, I'd consider making several shinigami classes (besides, if theres multiple shinigami classes then you can have the variety of abilities shinigami have without overloading a single class compared to others).

Deathdarken
2009-10-11, 11:11 AM

Classes like Quincy and Bounto I can see taking up single classes, but shinigami are pretty varied. You get combat-focused ones, magic focused ones, utility focused ones (Hana springs to mind with his ability to pretty much only heal).

To this end, I'd consider making several shinigami classes (besides, if theres multiple shinigami classes then you can have the variety of abilities shinigami have without overloading a single class compared to others).that was what I was going to do in the 3.5 they had three classes for them warrior,spell caster, and expert.

Deathdarken
2009-10-11, 11:38 AM
how does a point system for effect for shinigami, bount, human, and hollows for powers sounds? you get so many points to spend for attacks,effects and ability. Each different ability cost a set amount of points, you can combine affects by buying both effects for shiki or bankai, spend more points to make them strong so on and so forth, I also think that ranged, burst, blast and zones could be worked for the long range attacks, an example would be captain hitsugaya ice dragon would be a zone that he move around. I hope you all get what I mean here if you have any questions let me know, new suggestions would also be good

OutlawJT
2009-10-12, 03:20 PM
I'd suggest splitting Bount into two classes with the current line of thinking. After all, there were warrior focused Bounts (the weapon Bount chick and the big guy) and there were more expert/spellcasterish Bounts (the guy with glasses, the water twins, etc).

I suppose basing shikai off of an encounter power with the stance desriptor might work. Same with daily power stance for bankai BUT it would definitely require feats or something to provide additional uses per day eventually. I'd say something along the lines of a feat that actual just grants an extra use of the daily. Given the number of feats provided in the system I think that would work better than a feat that upgrades it to an encounter power as there are those who seem able to use their bankai whenever they need to and others who seem to have to use it sparingly.

I still don't think it works well without a dramatic retooling of how powers work, though. Shikai and Bankai both provide a considerable variety of powers, attacks, and abilities. Maybe take a cue from the barbarian class where you have rages (which will act as shikai/bankai) that effect how lots of other powers work or the extent of what they can do. So, say you have power A that does x damage and pushes an enemy back 2 squares. While under shikai, power A does x+y damage and can slide an enemy 4 squares. Just to give an example. Again, it seems like Bleach would require a colossal retooling of how powers work. Enough to where it's hardly recognizable.

Deathdarken
2009-10-13, 09:16 AM
I'd suggest splitting Bount into two classes with the current line of thinking. After all, there were warrior focused Bounts (the weapon Bount chick and the big guy) and there were more expert/spellcasterish Bounts (the guy with glasses, the water twins, etc).

I suppose basing shikai off of an encounter power with the stance desriptor might work. Same with daily power stance for bankai BUT it would definitely require feats or something to provide additional uses per day eventually. I'd say something along the lines of a feat that actual just grants an extra use of the daily. Given the number of feats provided in the system I think that would work better than a feat that upgrades it to an encounter power as there are those who seem able to use their bankai whenever they need to and others who seem to have to use it sparingly.

I still don't think it works well without a dramatic retooling of how powers work, though. Shikai and Bankai both provide a considerable variety of powers, attacks, and abilities. Maybe take a cue from the barbarian class where you have rages (which will act as shikai/bankai) that effect how lots of other powers work or the extent of what they can do. So, say you have power A that does x damage and pushes an enemy back 2 squares. While under shikai, power A does x+y damage and can slide an enemy 4 squares. Just to give an example. Again, it seems like Bleach would require a colossal retooling of how powers work. Enough to where it's hardly recognizable.
well that is why I got to get this right, after setting this system up creating the classes will be much easier, I've been working on it more but not nearly enough to post anything after all I'm still just writing stuff up, its still very much in the experimental phase. Thanks for the ideas about bounts I've been watching bleach like crazy(no I've not seen all the episodes yet) (In fact I did not want anything to do with the show when it first came out, but its a great show) Well I'll work more and post more later I hope, if anyone has any more ideas that would be very much appreciated

Vic_Sage
2009-10-13, 04:47 PM
Or just don't do Bounts *Seriously is there anyone that actually liked the Nount Arc??*

OutlawJT
2009-10-13, 04:55 PM
Or just don't do Bounts *Seriously is there anyone that actually liked the Nount Arc??*

I did actually.

Primal Fury
2009-10-13, 05:13 PM
I liked the Bount story arc too.

Anyway, I always thought that Bleach was one of those things that required it's own system if it were to be turned into an RPG. As was stated before, not many animes transfer to established RPGs very for fear of not having the correct representations for the various abilities. Especially the zanpakto. I have yet to find a system that does those right. Of course... that may be the fault of the person who made the conversion rather than that of the system itself.

Nero24200
2009-10-13, 05:41 PM
I think the 4.0 does seem to work a little better for stuff like bleach. The Zanpackto for instance, work better in 4.0 since weapon enchantments already have different levels.

For Zanpackto, I'd make them weapons with set enchantments that automatically scale, granting Shikai at level the Heroic Tier and Bankai at the Epic Tier (Which seems to fit. Generally, only captians have Bankai powers, and they are really powerful compared to normal shinigami).

As for the point system, I'm not sure...if done well, it could work really well, if not though it could add alot of complications. Although I've not looked, but I've heard the 4.0 Psionics use a sort of point system. If that seems to work well then maybe that could work as a base.

As for the Bounto...I could understand seeing them as one class. A Bounto's powers came from one thing - the creature bound to them. To me, this screams somthing similer to the warlock's pact - Make the bounto pick an element or creature theme at 1st level and certain powers play a bigger role when tied to that element. An example might be a power to "bind" you creature to your physical body (Ala the head Bounto, though his name escapes me), but have the actual binding do different things depending on your chosen element (for instance, the head Bounto benifited from increased speed). Admittily though, if the number of powers begins to overflow, I would consider splitting it into two seperate classes.

Deathdarken
2009-10-15, 01:39 PM

the bount arc was some of the best filler for anime

Deathdarken
2009-10-15, 01:47 PM
me and my friend are talking more theory of the bleach universe, tell me what you guys think of this idea, were talking about giving extra actions for having more base initiative, if your higher by 2 you get an extra minor action, have 3 more then you get a move action on top of the minor, and have 5 or move you get an extra set of actions so on and so forth, I think doing this will make it feel more like how the bleach world works ideas or suggestions?

Deathdarken
2009-10-15, 01:48 PM
also bount, I think would have to be made into 2 or even 3 classes like shinigima

OutlawJT
2009-10-15, 04:14 PM
Bounts are a little tricky class-wise. I suggested two classes because there were basically two types presented. Those that relied solely on their doll for combat and those that used their doll to enhance their own combat prowess (the big guy being the exception as he did both of these things in addition to just being powerful on his own without his doll).

About your extra actions idea..... I think I understand where you are coming from but I think that can get pretty unbalancing very fast. Not every powerful character was fast. In fact, some of the most powerful hollows (not arrancar) were some of the slowest characters in the anime/manga. It might work in theory but in practice it can present a LOT of game balance issues without making numerous modifications across the board for all the different character archetypes to provide balanced counters to the extra action idea.

Moving on to stating the obvious, I think shunpo/sonido/the quincy equivalent should be represented by powers with the teleportation descriptor. In fact, I think all powers should be broken down into a select few categories. For shinigami it would be zanpakuto powers, shunpo powers, general powers, demon art powers (kidou).

Deathdarken
2009-10-15, 04:59 PM
with that they would only get so many moves, and it is based off of your dex plus half level bonus so it won't be too bad, it makes sense show wise though some people attacked a few times before a person ever attacked once

OutlawJT
2009-10-15, 06:54 PM
I think that would be better represented by powers that can be learned than by the type of mechanic you are talking about.

Mando Knight
2009-10-15, 11:29 PM

To this end, I'd consider making several shinigami classes (besides, if theres multiple shinigami classes then you can have the variety of abilities shinigami have without overloading a single class compared to others).

Several classes can already fit with a bit of reflavoring. Quincy, for example, fit Seekers and Archer-Rangers almost perfectly... Assassin for Soi Fon, Monk or Rogue MC Druid for Yoruichi, Swordmage for Captain Kuchiki, and Fighter for Kenny would all work... Rukia could possibly fit with Wizard... Renji's a Fighter with a wickedly overpowered Spiked Chain...

Deathdarken
2009-10-17, 10:01 PM
Several classes can already fit with a bit of reflavoring. Quincy, for example, fit Seekers and Archer-Rangers almost perfectly... Assassin for Soi Fon, Monk or Rogue MC Druid for Yoruichi, Swordmage for Captain Kuchiki, and Fighter for Kenny would all work... Rukia could possibly fit with Wizard... Renji's a Fighter with a wickedly overpowered Spiked Chain...Yeah I get what you mean my friend's idea is to create a few different types for each time so it feels different for each class with somewhat of a sub class, if that makes any sense to any of you

Deathdarken
2009-11-12, 10:19 AM
I know its been a while but I have been working on stuff, right now I just printed some papers about the kido magic, I'm going to make them fit this well, even if I have to bend the rules to do so. I've also been working on feats and I have a few pages of that so far so good guys hope you like this good news

Corporate M
2009-11-12, 01:15 PM
Maybe the same for becoming a Captain but have roleplay restrictions on it obviously.
http://www.profilebrand.com/imgs/layouts/16anime/182/182_L-bleach-kenpachi-zaraki.jpg
I don't believe we've met...

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs22/300W/i/2007/320/2/3/Zaraki_Kenpachi___Hollow_mask_by_elyo11.jpg
Don't be surprised when one of your players tries this... It's only a matter of time...

Dante & Vergil
2009-11-12, 03:44 PM
http://www.profilebrand.com/imgs/layouts/16anime/182/182_L-bleach-kenpachi-zaraki.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs22/300W/i/2007/320/2/3/Zaraki_Kenpachi___Hollow_mask_by_elyo11.jpg
Don't be surprised when one of your players tries this... It's only a matter of time...

Where did you get the picture of the Hollow Zaraki? I want to know!:smalltongue:

Deathdarken
2009-11-12, 05:09 PM

two things

1) that pic is sweet looking and scares me(don't want to have to fight that)

2) players would have to make original characters so yeah I'm am working on stuff extra stuff for vizard, but this will take some time

Deathdarken
2009-11-17, 01:50 PM
So why don't you guys help me out, I've come up with a lot of feats for the shinigami. I also need some nice feats for other classes too. I've also deiced to do something for the Quincy class allowing them to pull spirit particles as a minor to power their arrows attack power and damage what do you all think of this? you would roll, and get that many spirit particles so many spirit particles would equal a new hit die and so much to make the attack hit. Other special ability's of theirs would require certain number of spirit particles to use and give them a cap or if they break a cap they start to lose health or healing surges.

Again your feedback will help with this I don't want to be the only one working on this(my friends have not really been helping much but players opinion is always good to have. So let me know

Deathdarken
2009-11-24, 09:58 AM
I've got some more good news stuff is going well, My one friend finally gets the system he was just a little confused. I've also been doing work on the Quincy. And my other two friends are working on the hallows and a few other classes. So tell me what you would like to see done in something like this by the way this he going to be hella tweaked so it will fell more like bleach then 4.0

Deathdarken
2010-01-19, 05:02 PM
so are you guys no logger interested in something like this or what?

Niro
2010-01-19, 06:57 PM
I would be interested but sadly I am not up to date on 4th edition :\
But I will get the book and read as much of it as I can so I might be able to help. But my "help" would most likely be more in the fandom department and crazy ideas :\

But a (semi) simple request: Please stat out most of the shinigamis and bad guys. Even filler villains. I have a few friends that would love to take a crack at Muramasa (from episode 253 even :smallamused:)

But again: My knowledge from 4th edition is small but on the other hand I know quite a bit of bleach ^^

PS: Oh can you make a Kenpachi prestige class? (If there still exists such things)

Deathdarken
2010-01-20, 04:46 PM
I would be interested but sadly I am not up to date on 4th edition :\
But I will get the book and read as much of it as I can so I might be able to help. But my "help" would most likely be more in the fandom department and crazy ideas :\

But a (semi) simple request: Please stat out most of the shinigamis and bad guys. Even filler villains. I have a few friends that would love to take a crack at Muramasa (from episode 253 even :smallamused:)

But again: My knowledge from 4th edition is small but on the other hand I know quite a bit of bleach ^^

PS: Oh can you make a Kenpachi prestige class? (If there still exists such things)good it will be nice to have so help, right now we are working on the temples for the races everything will follow the template for their class and were crate a function to make the enemies stronger, sadly I have not seen that episode( I started watching bleach and loved it and seen the 3.5 bleach on here but its too over powered) the templete I am working on for players will not be overpowered but allow for all the sweet bleach powers. send me a message and we can talk more there and I will show you what I have so far

Deathdarken
2010-02-02, 02:42 PM
here is an example of the point system I would like to use for shikia and bankai

say your elements are fire and wind( a good combination I think)(just like in the 3.5 you get two types free)

you have finally reached shikia
you get 7 points to spend on your shikia powers(don't ask me how I decided that number it just seems like a nice starting number with the point system I made)(I need to work on creating how you decided your points)(most is between 1-5 but a few are much pricer)

you want your sword to do fire or wind damage(it could do both with enough points spent but lets go with fire damage.

so you spend 4 points(I think I had it at 4 points)

so now based on choosing that your sword does an extra 1d4 + your regular damage on him when in shikia mode.(Choosing that power again increases the damage die up from 1d4 to 1d6 then from 1d6 to 1d8(and so on)

now lets say you want to add to your over all speed(wind power)

that would cost lets say 5 points(points can be saved just to let you know)
you level up again and still have your 3 points from before, and you gain another 7 points so now you have 10 points.

you can increase your max speed twice, or you can increase your speed and increase your fire damage.

see how this allows slow growth of powers?(if I confused you do let me know)

this is just an example of how I want the system to allow the growth

(also noted is you will be able to combine affects to make uniqe powers)

ex of this is combining the two I mentioned

you hit with your sword attack and you combine the powers in such a way that each time you hit with this power not only do you do fire damage but you add get extra seed)(to comibe powers you take the total of each power seperately to come up with what it would cost to combie them, I also created a list of how to chage up your attacks like a basic meele, wall attack, blast, burst and zone most cost the normal 1-5 but zone is more expensive as you can attack someone with out being close to someone)

Deathdarken
2010-02-04, 02:46 PM
here is a list of the types I have so far I will start to post the powers I have for each type and get some feed back from you guys and see if there is anything I can add

types
general types(these can be taken by anyone with out having they type)
strength
dexterity
consitution
intelligence
wisdom
charisma
defensive
offensive

Specific types(you need to have these types to get the powers from them)
Weapon
Kido
Healing
Darkness
Light
Fire
Ice
Water
Earth
Blood
Wind
Poison
Acid
Lightening
Gravity
Force
Sound
Transform
Time
Barrier

if you got any other ideas about what could be added let me know I could use some extra help

Reverent-One
2010-02-05, 12:36 AM
You've seemed to have put a decent amount of work into this, so feel free to ignore this, but I have to wonder if this point based system for shikia/bankai is the best way to do things. It's a system that doesn't really fit in with most of the rest of 4e, leaving you with doing most of the work yourself. If you are not too attached to the idea (and if you are, that's fine), I would probably suggest setting up the shikia as lieutenant-type paragon paths with Captain/vizard/espada Epic destinies.

Deathdarken
2010-02-09, 02:34 PM
You've seemed to have put a decent amount of work into this, so feel free to ignore this, but I have to wonder if this point based system for shikia/bankai is the best way to do things. It's a system that doesn't really fit in with most of the rest of 4e, leaving you with doing most of the work yourself. If you are not too attached to the idea (and if you are, that's fine), I would probably suggest setting up the shikia as lieutenant-type paragon paths with Captain/vizard/espada Epic destinies.

I get what you mean about it not fitting, but could you explain how the powers would work if it were set up this way?

Reverent-One
2010-02-10, 10:38 PM
I get what you mean about it not fitting, but could you explain how the powers would work if it were set up this way?

Well, the basic idea would reflect the way 4e generally works, instead of having a whole lot of mechanically distinct, though perhaps not majorly different, options you have a basic mechanical framework which you can refluff the specifics of however you want. In this case, Paragon paths/Epic Destinies.

If we're taking Paragon Paths and turning them into "Shikia Paths", then we'll want a number of different paths that each exemplify a basic style, which the players could describe however they want. I'd suggest breaking down the powers into the paragon path format like this:

Level 11:
The typical Paragon Path encounter power: this would be how you activate the shikia. You make an attack, then you get all the other benefits of the paragon path, like...
The level 11 path feature: this would be a constant, always on bonus to your powers with your Zanpaku-to once you've used the shikia activation power. Could vary wildely, perhaps even having an option or two to choose from once you take the path.
The level 11 action point path feature: Pretty much would work like it does in a normal paragon path, you spend an action point once you've activated your shikia, you get X benefit till the end of your next turn.

Level 12:
Utility power: This could be a interesting utility type trick you can use with your Zanpaku-to in shikia form, or perhaps the path wouldn't have one of these and instead have an additional level 11 path feature or a more powerful level 11 path feature.

Level 16:
Level 16 Path feature: A more powerful addition to the level 11 path feature or a totally new one, unlocked as you've gotten more practice with your shikia (in other words, gone up in level).

Level 20:
Daily Power: Either a really powerful daily attack as the ultimate expression of your shikia, or another encounter power, more powerful than the level 11 power, but not at the level of a daily power.

This is all a vague idea I had after reading through the thread, and I'm not sure exactly how you'd stat out the paths (maybe one that focus on powerful damage attacks and effects, one that increases range/reach, one that controls the battlefield through forced movement or status effects, ect).

Darkfire2210
2010-02-11, 12:12 AM
If you do make this, you'd have to keep in mind the tiers of classes, which I think lends itself nicely to shinigami and hollows. For instance, and forgive me, I don't play with 4.0, the first tier for shinigami would have 2 choices, like the others, combat or spellcaster (they would have to cross though, combat would get some spells, while spellcaster would have to get some combat moves). Then the next tier could introduce Bankai and more powerful spells/moves, depending on the zanpakutou's abilities. Then the thire tier could introduce Vizard masks, while throughout the tiers, Bankai, Shikai and Vizard powers would become more common. (maybe some full hollowization?)

As for hollows, they'd be really restricted, due to their nature (eat or be eaten) but the tiers could advance them through the stages, hollow, Gillian, Adjuchas, Vasto Lorde. Some tweaking would have to occur, seeing as there are four stages, but only three tiers.

As for the rest, Quincy seem to rely more on the items they use, and Bount only use their dolls, so there really isn't a clean way to do that. It could be done in 3.5, but it still would be really messy.

Darkfire2210
2010-02-11, 12:21 AM
here is a list of the types I have so far I will start to post the powers I have for each type and get some feed back from you guys and see if there is anything I can add

types
general types(these can be taken by anyone with out having they type)
strength
dexterity
consitution
intelligence
wisdom
charisma
defensive
offensive

Specific types(you need to have these types to get the powers from them)
Weapon
Kido
Healing
Darkness
Light
Fire
Ice
Water
Earth
Blood
Wind
Poison
Acid
Lightening
Gravity
Force
Sound
Transform
Time
Barrier

if you got any other ideas about what could be added let me know I could use some extra help

Time would be too powerful, but what about Illusion, Mind Reading, Energy Drain/Attribute Damage, Etc. Also, special abilities (such as Suzumebachi or Senbonzakura) would have to be addressed and approved by the DM. However, I like the point system for Shikai; it should work fairly well. Although, The points you get should be based on something, say, 1/2 lvl+primary attribute? (the attribute that most directly links with your zanpakuto)

Deathdarken
2010-02-11, 11:01 AM
Time would be too powerful, but what about Illusion, Mind Reading, Energy Drain/Attribute Damage, Etc. Also, special abilities (such as Suzumebachi or Senbonzakura) would have to be addressed and approved by the DM. However, I like the point system for Shikai; it should work fairly well. Although, The points you get should be based on something, say, 1/2 lvl+primary attribute? (the attribute that most directly links with your zanpakuto)
as long as you limit the power of time it won't be too powerful make players really spend points to give them extra powers, as for Suzumebachi or Senbonzakura those will be based on zone powers in which they weapon can attack. Illusion powers will count as water based powers. energy draining powers them self are not completly covered but they way I have sound powers it affects the AC,fort,reflex, and will power of other players, yes the system I have so far needs more but I will explain more later been too busy with moving, school and work. its all so much for me right now I'm only one 21 year old guy after all

Deathdarken
2010-02-11, 11:26 AM
Well, the basic idea would reflect the way 4e generally works, instead of having a whole lot of mechanically distinct, though perhaps not majorly different, options you have a basic mechanical framework which you can refluff the specifics of however you want. In this case, Paragon paths/Epic Destinies.

If we're taking Paragon Paths and turning them into "Shikia Paths", then we'll want a number of different paths that each exemplify a basic style, which the players could describe however they want. I'd suggest breaking down the powers into the paragon path format like this:

Level 11:
The typical Paragon Path encounter power: this would be how you activate the shikia. You make an attack, then you get all the other benefits of the paragon path, like...
The level 11 path feature: this would be a constant, always on bonus to your powers with your Zanpaku-to once you've used the shikia activation power. Could vary wildely, perhaps even having an option or two to choose from once you take the path.
The level 11 action point path feature: Pretty much would work like it does in a normal paragon path, you spend an action point once you've activated your shikia, you get X benefit till the end of your next turn.

Level 12:
Utility power: This could be a interesting utility type trick you can use with your Zanpaku-to in shikia form, or perhaps the path wouldn't have one of these and instead have an additional level 11 path feature or a more powerful level 11 path feature.

Level 16:
Level 16 Path feature: A more powerful addition to the level 11 path feature or a totally new one, unlocked as you've gotten more practice with your shikia (in other words, gone up in level).

Level 20:
Daily Power: Either a really powerful daily attack as the ultimate expression of your shikia, or another encounter power, more powerful than the level 11 power, but not at the level of a daily power.

This is all a vague idea I had after reading through the thread, and I'm not sure exactly how you'd stat out the paths (maybe one that focus on powerful damage attacks and effects, one that increases range/reach, one that controls the battlefield through forced movement or status effects, ect).

you have the right idea but I want this to feel more like bleach and less like D and D, is that not the point of making a system for the anime?

Reverent-One
2010-02-11, 08:54 PM
you have the right idea but I want this to feel more like bleach and less like D and D, is that not the point of making a system for the anime?

There are a couple of ways you try to make something like bleach inside an RPG like 4e, A) Keep the majority of the RPG's rules and just import the unique stuff from the show, or B) just use the basics of the RPG as the base for a more specialized system. Obviously you're going down the B path, which is fine, my suggestion is just how I would do it if I wanted to play Bleach in 4e. So I'll just wish you luck then and let you handle it the way you want to.

Deathdarken
2010-02-16, 11:41 AM
There are a couple of ways you try to make something like bleach inside an RPG like 4e, A) Keep the majority of the RPG's rules and just import the unique stuff from the show, or B) just use the basics of the RPG as the base for a more specialized system. Obviously you're going down the B path, which is fine, my suggestion is just how I would do it if I wanted to play Bleach in 4e. So I'll just wish you luck then and let you handle it the way you want to.
I keep going back and forth with ideas in my head, I'd like to make it unique but at the same time I love how 4.0 does it, like choosing you moves. I want the person to feel that their Shikia and bonkai are their own, most of the attacks in bleach outside of kido is shikai and bonkai attacks

Deathdarken
2010-02-16, 02:48 PM
what would you guys think of this idea here for it to make it feel more bleach like when you level up you would get a power based of of what it would be first one for shiki would be a encounter power so a list of what could be picked at the time you get shiki ex

your a fire type

Minor
encounter
target:one character

your next melee attack deals an extra 1d6 damage and the damage type is fire

minor
encounter
target your zanpakuto
when you do a melee attack with your zanpakuto it deals one fire damage for every attack that hits. ends at the end of the encounter(or when you are no longer in shikai or bankai)

standard-ranged-fire
encounter
range:5
target one character
wiz/int Vs. reflex
deals 1d6 of damage + your wiz mod/int(you choose which when you choose this power)

I would create more for each level that you get a new power and they would become more stronger as you go along, if I do this there would be a feat that allows you to combine powers from different types if you choose

Deathdarken
2010-02-18, 11:47 AM
I've been working on what I have converting them over to a more 4.0 system

tell me what you guys think of this idea all the boosts will more in likey be utility powers most will be auto,while some will be your choice to activate.
I made most utility powers free actions but only like 3 will be allowed each turn but if you use a full action to go shikia it will be auto used, after all it takes some time to use their powers in bleach when going all out.

Deathdarken
2010-02-23, 02:03 PM
do you guys think I should make a level limit on certain powers or allow a player to pick anything he wants to?

Deathdarken
2010-02-25, 11:38 AM
here goes a bit of the list I have so far

Strength

level one shikai/bonkai power
increase strength
Utility power Encounter
Free action Target:Personal
increase your strength score by one while in shikai/bonkai

Level one shikai/bonkai power
increase damage
Utility power Encounter
Free action Target:Personaln
increase the damage of your zanpakuto by one hit die while in shikia/bonkai

level one shikai/bonkai power
increase hit chance(Str)
Utility power Encounter
free action Target:personal
increase the chance to hit with attacks with the str Vs. by one while in shikai/bonkai

Level one shikia/bonkai power
increase skills(str)
Utility power Encounter
Free action Target:personal
increase skills with the strength stat by one while in shikia/bonkai

Dexterity

increase speed
Utility power Encounter
Free action Target personal
increase your max speed by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase dexterity
Utility power Encounter
increase your dexterity score by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase initiative
Utility power Encounter
increase your initiative by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase skills(dex)
Utility power Encounter
free action Target Personal
increase skills with dexterity stat by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase hit chance(Dex)
Utility power Encounter
increase chance to hit with attacks with Dex Vs by one while in shikai/bonkai

[B]Constitution

increase constitution
Utility power Encounter
increase your constitution score by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase health
Utility power Encounter
free action Target personal
increase your max health by five points while in shikai/bonkai

increased skills(con)
Utility power Encounter
increase skills with constitution stat by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase hit chance(con)
utility power Encounter
increase chance to hit with attacks with Con Vs by one while in shikai/bonkai

Intelligence

increase intelligence
Utility power Encounter
increase your intelligence score by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase skills(Int)
Utility power Encounter
increase skills with the intelligence stat by one while in shikia/bonkai

increase hit chance(Int)
Utility power Encounter
Free action Target;Personal
increase chance to hit with attacks with Int Vs by one while in shikia/bonkai

Wisdom

increase wisdom
Utility power Encounter
increase your wisdom score by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase skills(Wiz)
utility power Encounter
increase skills with the wisdom stat by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase hit chance(Wiz)
Utility power Encounter
Free action Target Personal
increase chance to hit with attacks with the Wiz Vs by one while in shikai/bonkai

Charisma

increase charisma[I]
[I]Utility Power Encounter
increase your charisma score by one while in shikia/bonkai

increase skills(Cha)
Utility Power Encounter
increase skills with the charisma stat by one while in shikai/bonkai

increase hit chance(Cha)
utility power Encounter
Free action Target;Personal
increase the chance to hit with attacks with the Cha Vs. by one while in shikia/bonkai

To explain the bold text is the level of the power all here are level one. The italic text is the name of the power/attack(no attacks here yet)what type of power, and how often the attack can be used all here are encounter powers. the underlined text is what the power does for you.

Deathdarken
2010-04-12, 12:12 PM
There will possible be a chance from a 4.0 system to a 2d6 system I think I can do more with that but it will mostly stay the same or I will try to make that work out

Deathdarken
2011-03-23, 07:52 PM
its been a while ive not really worked on the project but i still have not forgotten about it. im still wanting get this done. lets get more ideas rolling so i can work on this again

naosuke
2014-04-07, 07:42 PM
please post more of your system, or at least as a .zip or .rar file, ive been looking for a great bleach DnD system,

Deathdarken
2016-02-16, 02:30 AM
please post more of your system, or at least as a .zip or .rar file, ive been looking for a great bleach DnD system,

its been a while not sure if you are still on but i might pick the system back up. got a bit on my plate and need to re watch bleach