PDA

View Full Version : Items that allow Insightful strike, Critical, sneak attack on those immune to it.

oxinabox
2009-10-10, 08:36 AM
I'm working on a sneaky, TWFing character (off topic it's someone else playing in a absurd power lvl game, so high power that limitied lightning maces (can't get extra attacks from extra attacks) are being allowed using warblades aptitude on Improved critical+ keen kakuris (3.0 stacking rules))

Anyway, netting 3 swashbuckler for free weapon finesse and inightfull strike.
add int to damage.
(and getting the feat that will allow it to stack with rogue for purposes of sneak attack)

Now I need items that will ensure that he can get his sneak, and insightful and critical on things that are immune.

i don't really know any since i don't play this kinda character

oftopic

My build is a rough derivitive of the one i was given by the guy who asked me to build it.
He had No swachbucker, no psiwarror, and had assain levels, and was human.
I get rid of assain levels, and put in there place psiwarrior 2. (same bab loss)
and use the two extra feats (indirectly) to get the feat to apply the swashbuler levels to the rogue levels to get the sneak attack (wich is equal to what the assain would get) and having a spare feat.

the build on both versions have invisable blade (with fixed reqs, (why would far shot be required for a build that has no bonuses at all involved in using weapons at range?)), rogue on first lvl,
kungfu genius monk, flury of blows, int to AC, (there a feat to flury with kakuris).
and Swordsage 2, - wisdom to AC.

invisabler blade is still feat intensive (though most are ones would have anyway).
Lightning maces is also, since a second weapon focus needs to get into the build.

And I'm revisign his human to the Incanium equivielent. bonus feat + 1 essensia.
and trying to add a incarnium critcally feat. (IIRC there is one the aplays a bonus to damage, precritical multiple, and some how he's multiplying his crit cal damage by 5, as well as mass crit range, as well a lighting maces, as well as almost autoconfirm on crits from Warblade 3 and a +10 int mod (atleast i don't have to add power attack to the build))

this game is so optimised i'm just not sure I have enough build-fu.
what do you do when your asked to works with scores like:
+10 int, +8 dex, +4 Wis (those are modifiers)

Vizzerdrix
2009-10-10, 08:51 AM
Complete scoundrel has a few feats that do this. Also look in the Magic Item Compendium, at the weapon augment crystals. A greater Demolition crystal will wreck up on a construct, and a Greater Truedeath crystal is the exact same thing, only for undead.

Getting an augmentation crystal that works against plants would be a custom item, but should cost somewhere along the lines of the other two.

oxinabox
2009-10-10, 09:11 AM
Getting an augmentation crystal that works against plants would be a custom item, but should cost somewhere along the lines of the other two.

Insightful Strike (Ex): Targets immune to sneak
attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler's
insightful strike.

DEMOLITION CRYSTAL
Greater: As the lesser crystal, and the
weapon can deliver sneak attacks and
ritical hits against constructs as if they
were living creatures.

Even after the Demolition crystal they are sill immunte to criticals and sneak attacks, it's just that it this allow sneak attacks and crits to work.
ego by RAW it's still imune to Inightful strike.
By RAI, anything that renders something vunerable to sneak attack and to critaclas also renerders it vunerable to insightful strike.

But by RAW you can't see the moon...

Vizzerdrix
2009-10-10, 10:31 AM
What ever. I interpret it differently, so the rule of ask the DM is in order.

Glimbur
2009-10-10, 10:57 AM
There's an Incarnum feat to help criticals (Cobalt Critical), but it doesn't look very good to me. You gain an insight bonus equal to invested essentia on melee attack rolls to confirm a crit and an insight bonus on damage on crits also equal to essentia, but add it in before multiplying for crits. At 6th level that's +2 to confirm and +2 damage. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Myou
2009-10-10, 11:20 AM
But by RAW you can't see the moon...

Of course you can, its size modifier is astronomical. :smallwink:

oxinabox
2009-10-10, 08:43 PM
Of course you can, its size modifier is astronomical. :smallwink:
i see what you did there
but no it's not. nothing can get better size modifier than colosal.
there just an't rules for it.

There's an Incarnum feat to help criticals (Cobalt Critical), but it doesn't look very good to me. You gain an insight bonus equal to invested essentia on melee attack rolls to confirm a crit and an insight bonus on damage on crits also equal to essentia, but add it in before multiplying for crits. At 6th level that's +2 to confirm and +2 damage. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

When you crit altleast once per round. and muliply damage by 5.
and sincy ou have two points of eessenia in it (IIRC) thats +4 and +4.

so it might be

Myou
2009-10-11, 05:50 AM
i see what you did there
but no it's not. nothing can get better size modifier than colosal.
there just an't rules for it.

Wrong actually. There are infinite larger categories, starting with Colossal+ and adding a plus for each increment.

Ashtagon
2009-10-11, 05:54 AM
Wrong actually. There are infinite larger categories, starting with Colossal+ and adding a plus for each increment.

Oh? Which rulebook and page number was that in?

I don't doubt that someone has houseruled that, but I don't think it exists in RAW.

Zaydos
2009-10-11, 06:25 AM
Epic Level Handbook and Draconomicon have a "Colossal +" size category that exists for dragons; simply indicates they are bigger than Colossal ones and deal more damage and have longer reach (maybe space as well) but I've never seen anything RAW that increases beyond that, or more than -8 to AC and Atk.

oxinabox
2009-10-11, 06:29 AM

By DMG
Gargantua is from 32 to 64 ft, collosal is anything above.

Munchin Monter manual adds another, i can't remember exactly how it was done, but it was called something like, Stupidly bloody Humungus

Myou
2009-10-11, 09:01 AM
By DMG
Gargantua is from 32 to 64 ft, collosal is anything above.

Munchin Monter manual adds another, i can't remember exactly how it was done, but it was called something like, Stupidly bloody Humungus

I forget the book, but I've seen C+, C++ and C+++ all listed in official WotC books.

Boci
2009-10-11, 09:25 AM
I forget the book, but I've seen C+, C++ and C+++ all listed in official WotC books.

Draconiunm.

Myou
2009-10-11, 09:26 AM
Draconiunm.

Ahhhh. Thanks. :smallsmile:

So anyway, you just keep adding plusses until you get the moon.

lightningcat
2009-10-11, 04:21 PM
Ahhhh. Thanks. :smallsmile:

So anyway, you just keep adding plusses until you get the moon.

DragonMech has information on Colossal+ creatures, as some of them come from the moon. Although I don't know how hard those books may be to come by.