PDA

View Full Version : In a letter?

Froogleyboy
2009-10-11, 04:41 PM
I'm writing a letter to my brother in the air force, and I can't think of what to say. Any ideas?

Innis Cabal
2009-10-11, 04:42 PM
Probably not the best place to get idea's for a letter to your brother. Probably should take some time and think of it yourself honestly.

Coidzor
2009-10-11, 04:46 PM
Well, have you admitted that you have always loathed him and that you hope he never returns home?

If so, unless you really, really, really hate your brother, you should probably consider taking another crack at a new letter.

snoopy13a
2009-10-11, 04:50 PM
There's tons of stuff you can put in:

First, it is good to refresh him on news:
1) What you are up to
2) What other family members are up to
3) Any news from his friends in town (if you know them)
4) Other local news

Then you can ask him how the training is going, how does he get along with the guys in the unit, has he met any girls while on leave, etc, etc.

wxdruid
2009-10-11, 05:11 PM
I have to agree with snoopy13a. Where is your brother? That would help me know more about what he'd be interesting in hearing about in a letter.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-11, 05:13 PM
He's in tech school now, in Ohio

thubby
2009-10-11, 05:15 PM
just normal stuff.
basically what snoopy said, if he's deployed overseas or otherwise away from the media, keep him updated on his favorite sports team and/or hobies

wxdruid
2009-10-11, 05:20 PM
Tech school huh :smallbiggrin:

Certainly send him information about home and really anything you think he'd find interesting. He might not have access to going off base yet, so if you have the funds, send him a small box of stuff he might like, candy, cards, little things. When you're away from home, anything like that is wonderful and in Tech school he should be able to keep it.

May I ask what career field he's going into and does he know where is next base is?

Froogleyboy
2009-10-11, 05:22 PM
I have no idea . . . I feel ashamed

Kaelaroth
2009-10-11, 05:24 PM
Perhaps tell him you love him. In a fraternal, manly way?

wxdruid
2009-10-11, 05:25 PM
Why? He probably hasn't had much time to communicate with family and tell them much yet. So, write and ask him where he's going next. :smallsmile:

When I'm gone like that, I love getting mail and packages.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-11, 05:34 PM
Why? He probably hasn't had much time to communicate with family

Well, Me and him talk on the phone sometimes but it's ten minutes of this:

ME: Hey
HIM: Hey
ME: So . . .
HIM: Yeah . . .
ME: . . . .
HIM: . . .
ME: Well I'll talk to you later

wxdruid
2009-10-11, 05:41 PM
heh, is it a public phone? How many people are standing around on his side listening? :smalltongue:

Just write about things from home. The weather, friends, ask him questions, encouraging him to write back. Ask him if he knows his next assignment yet? What he'll be doing after Tech School? How long his Tech School is? (the shorter the better) He probably has to march in formation to and from his school to the dorm and food, how does he like that? What questions do you have about how things are going? Ask about how he survived basic training? Funny stories, did he get any 341's (a form where they write what he did wrong or right on, more often wrong).

Solaris
2009-10-11, 05:47 PM
heh, is it a public phone? How many people are standing around on his side listening? :smalltongue:

If it's anything like our phone access, somewhere around "Half the platoon."
Or whatever it is they have in the chAir Force.

Eh, I never got any letters during BCT/AIT. I didn't speak to anyone in my family for about a year afterwards. Whatever you do, don't let your brother be the guy who doesn't get smoked during mail call.
... Assuming they still smoke people these days. 'Parently, it's not politically-correct to call it 'smoking' when you're making someone do lots and lots and lots of push-ups.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-11, 05:49 PM
Also, I'm getting all my letters all done, so what should I write in a letter to my dad (in prison)

xPANCAKEx
2009-10-11, 05:54 PM
for the love of the spacepope.....

just write to the people. Tell them whats going on in your life. Let them know how things are

its pretty simple stuff - just be honest

Thanatos 51-50
2009-10-11, 08:17 PM

Just write about things from home. The weather, friends, ask him questions, encouraging him to write back. Ask him if he knows his next assignment yet? What he'll be doing after Tech School? How long his Tech School is? (the shorter the better) He probably has to march in formation to and from his school to the dorm and food, how does he like that? What questions do you have about how things are going? Ask about how he survived basic training? Funny stories, did he get any 341's (a form where they write what he did wrong or right on, more often wrong).

This. Seriously.
As an addendum, if he's at Keesler, for the Love of all the is Good and Holy, do NOT mention the weather.
I garuntee he hears enough about it as is.

wxdruid
2009-10-11, 08:19 PM
Thanatos... he already said his brother is in Ohio, certainly not at the weather school house. :smalltongue:

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-10-12, 09:23 PM
Didn't your bro's GF just get pregnant? Why don't you talk to him 'bout that? And, why do you use letters, if you can just e-mail him or something?

Edit: :smallredface:

Froogleyboy
2009-10-12, 09:32 PM
Wrong brother

Mando Knight
2009-10-12, 10:14 PM
Or whatever it is they have in the chAir Force.

Best darn seats in the world. Cost a couple million a piece. :smalltongue:

No, the fact that I'm entering the industry that designs and builds those chairs has nothing to do with it...