PDA

View Full Version : News: Book1+2

hajo
2009-10-18, 11:18 AM
From the current 'summer-update (http://www.erfworld.com/2009/10/the-big-news-new-artist-book-2-start-date/)':
* Erfworld Book 2 will launch Wednesday, October 28, Wednesday/Saturday schedule
* Erfworld Book 1 will be published by Giant in the Playground, release date early February
* Erfworld gets new illustrator: goodbye Jamie Noguchi, hello Xin Ye

T-O-E
2009-10-18, 11:37 AM
...Huh.

Well, that was a shock. Thought you were joking at first.

EDIT:
The person who drew this:
http://www.erfworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Erfworld-Illustration-SU23_sepia.png
?

EDIT EDIT: Holy crap. (http://www.mercuric.net/erf_2_1.jpg)

Rad
2009-10-18, 07:12 PM
wow... that's cool art!

Shale
2009-10-18, 08:16 PM
Wow. I was afraid we'd get a radical shift in the style, but that is really close to Jamie's work, and very good to boot.

hajo
2009-10-19, 10:47 AM
From the current 'summer-update (http://www.erfworld.com/2009/10/the-big-news-new-artist-book-2-start-date/)':
* Erfworld Book 2 will launch Wednesday, October 28, Wednesday/Saturday schedule
Now with title "Erfworld 2: Love is a Battlefield"

PumpkinJack
2009-10-19, 11:29 AM
In the back of my mind, I was wondering if this was going to happen. Though I can only cite as my evidence that Jamie didn't update his plug on the Erfworld website while Rob was always updating his.

So who thinks the guest art during the summer updates was Rob's way of finding a new artist?

kpenguin
2009-10-19, 08:44 PM
New artist? How... interesting.

Teln
2009-10-19, 09:26 PM
I was starting to wonder if the Summer Updates would ever end. Not that I don't like them, but it's the middle of October!

Comet
2009-10-20, 11:46 AM
That's some pretty-looking art.
I should probably get around to reading the entire Book 1 one of these days.

kpenguin
2009-10-28, 01:56 AM
Well, today's the day. Excited, I am.

Justyn
2009-10-28, 02:01 AM

And we get one last "Summer" Update. Both of them today!

Killer Angel
2009-10-28, 06:51 AM

Totally!
Also, the new artist... mmmm.... :smallbiggrin:

SteveMB
2009-10-28, 11:25 AM

Dropped into the lava lake, their server is.... :smalleek:

Killer Angel
2009-10-28, 11:30 AM
Dropped into the lava lake, their server is.... :smalleek:

It seems so.
Clearly, Charlescomm is behind this sabotage... :smallcool:

Miklus
2009-10-28, 11:55 AM
Yeah, looks like the comic is too popular for it's own good! :smalltongue:

Has anyone else had problems getteing the affirmation-mail for the forum? I don't seem to be getting one even though I tried twice (not today, some time ago). Is it because I use a hotmail account?

Oslecamo
2009-10-28, 11:58 AM

This is disturbingly believable to me.

Mercenary Pen
2009-10-28, 12:01 PM
It seems so.

Yup, ArkenDish attunement allows disruption of internet servers at will and the ability to attempt an informational pearl harbour.[/speculation]

Sweetie Welf
2009-10-28, 12:18 PM
I guess I'm not the only guy who was to eager to see the last summer update. I should leave a dollar or two in the donate box...

SteveMB
2009-10-28, 12:22 PM

Has anyone else had problems getteing the affirmation-mail for the forum? I don't seem to be getting one even though I tried twice (not today, some time ago). Is it because I use a hotmail account?

There are reports of problems with hotmail getting the affirmation-mailings, yes.

Miklus
2009-10-28, 12:47 PM
There are reports of problems with hotmail getting the affirmation-mailings, yes.

Aha, ok! Thanks for the reply, I will try to think of something else.

I'll just use my E-Mail from work. Duh!

DrakebloodIV
2009-10-28, 01:03 PM
Jeez, this Erf.com heartattack is annoying. I hope they get done with it before the day runs out. I even managed to have the day off cause of a snowstorm today...

MCerberus
2009-10-28, 01:13 PM
Obviously, Charlie has heard that our "Internet" is not a big truck, it is a series of tubes. He's sent the disappearing Gobwins to invade them.

TigerHunter
2009-10-28, 01:52 PM
Has anyone been able to get through?

Edit: I just got through. Doesn't look like anything's updated yet.

hajo
2009-10-28, 02:00 PM
In the distant past, GitP had similar problems :smallwink:

Nothing new yet, Erfworld is still at Summer-update #48.

Rockphed
2009-10-28, 02:30 PM
In the distant past, GitP had similar problems :smallwink:

Distant? It only got fixed about 6 months ago.

raphfrk
2009-10-28, 02:43 PM
Presumably, it will be hard to upload stuff while the server is being hammered, thus delaying things even further.

DarkNewton
2009-10-28, 05:23 PM
I like everyone else am anxiously awaiting new Erf updates. but rather then focus on the negative side of their web servers/databases being crushed by the frenzied horde.. This is like throwback jersey day... back when Erf was only found here.. Perhaps we should dig up a dragon donut of doom debate? or some rampant speculation about who we think the pliers will actually attune to?

My bet is Sizemore, because letting wanda get the pliers makes absolutely no sense.

Weimann
2009-10-28, 06:28 PM
Awww, and here I was with several missed Summer Updates to read an' all :/

I do hope they sort it until tomorrow.

Simons Mith
2009-10-28, 06:56 PM
[snip] or some rampant speculation about who we think the pliers will actually attune to?

My bet is Sizemore, because letting wanda get the pliers makes absolutely no sense.

Nonsense, it'll be Bogroll, you mark my words. Twolls have the Fabrication special; the 'pliers would be an ideal fit with that.

Mercenary Pen
2009-10-28, 07:11 PM
Nonsense, it'll be Bogroll, you mark my words. Twolls have the Fabrication special; the 'pliers would be an ideal fit with that.

Nope it'll blatantly be a random Decrypted archon who also has the Fabrication special (because we're told they pick up other specials as they level, and we're not told that fabrication isn't a special they can pick up).

kpenguin
2009-10-28, 07:22 PM
Thankfully, the Hamstard site is not yet down :P

Eco-Mono
2009-10-28, 07:38 PM
Nope it'll blatantly be a random Decrypted archon who also has the Fabrication special (because we're told they pick up other specials as they level, and we're not told that fabrication isn't a special they can pick up).YOU FOOL! YOU'VE CREATED A TIME PARADOX!

Mercenary Pen
2009-10-28, 07:45 PM
YOU FOOL! YOU'VE CREATED A TIME PARADOX!

Not necessarily... We don't know that the survival of decrypted/uncroaked units is dependent upon the survival of the caster who reanimated them. Same with golems- only animated rather than reanimated...

Brewdude
2009-10-28, 09:00 PM
If you destroy a golem, but it picks up it's own peices and regenerates back to full health, would it be an animated contruct or a reanimated construct?

Porthos
2009-10-28, 09:05 PM
Not necessarily... We don't know that the survival of decrypted/uncroaked units is dependent upon the survival of the caster who reanimated them. Same with golems- only animated rather than reanimated...

Nope it'll blatantly be a random Decrypted archon who also has the Fabrication special (because we're told they pick up other specials as they level, and we're not told that fabrication isn't a special they can pick up).

What is this "decrypted" thing you keep going on about? :smallconfused: And what does it have to do with who will get the pliers that Prince Ansom has right now?? :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused:

Pssstt....

The people posting are acting like we're in the past before Wanda got the pliers in the first place. :smalltongue:

It started here:

This is like throwback jersey day... back when Erf was only found here.. Perhaps we should dig up a dragon donut of doom debate? or some rampant speculation about who we think the pliers will actually attune to?

Mercenary Pen
2009-10-29, 04:58 AM
My bad, I misinterpreted that as thinking Wanda was only a temporary custodian for the pliers...

hajo
2009-10-29, 08:21 AM
Now SummerUpdate #49 online, on new server (http://63.247.141.250/),
start of Book 2 maybe this evening.

It looks like Jillian is going to ambush the dwagon-express to capture Ansom. :smallamused: