PDA

View Full Version : Those damn new WOTC forums!

Thunder Hammer
2009-10-18, 11:33 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm posting in here in hopes of getting some help to successfully load the WOTC forums. I have IE 8 and the latest firefox. Firefox worked to load the forums for one session then after the 2nd session (closing firefox then later opening) the WOTC forums would not load again.

I believe I am up to date with plugins (flash, media player, java, etc). I have xp64, 3.0 dual core with 4 gigs of ram. My browsers use default settings. This has been an ongoing issue and that has exhausted my limited troubleshooting abilities. If more info is need please ask

Darth Mario
2009-10-19, 08:23 AM
Have you tried emptying your cache? That solves 4 out of 5 problems I have with web pages not operating correctly.

CarpeGuitarrem
2009-10-19, 08:28 AM
Are you using Firefox 3.5 by any chance? That might be the issue...it seems to have a major slowdown bug.

Thunder Hammer
2009-10-19, 08:37 AM
Are you using Firefox 3.5 by any chance? That might be the issue...it seems to have a major slowdown bug.

Yes, 3.5.3. What previous version should I try?

Have you tried emptying your cache? That solves 4 out of 5 problems I have with web pages not operating correctly.

Is this just going (in ie8) tools->options->(under the browsing history section) hitting the delete button there?