PDA

View Full Version : October 26

BatRobin
2009-10-19, 06:36 PM
In the news post about Ookoodook, it says to check back on Monday, Oct. 26. Considering the break....could this be the day we get the title/book cover pics?

Porthos
2009-10-19, 06:39 PM
In the news post about Ookoodook, it says to check back on Monday, Oct. 26. Considering the break....could this be the day we get the title/book cover pics?

<Bugs Bunny>
Could be. (http://www.ookoodook.com/store/slideshow/Slideshow_DPtP_teaser.gif) :smalltongue:
</Bugs Bunny>

Link to Ookoodook.com (http://www.ookoodook.com/store/index.shtml) for a look at all things ookoodookish. :smallsmile:

BatRobin
2009-10-19, 06:40 PM
Oh. *facepalm*

I thought that said December 26th. Iiiiii'm an idiot.

Kaytara
2009-10-19, 06:51 PM
Damn you, Giant, for making me look forward to the end of my autumn break!

Tass
2009-10-20, 10:10 AM
Good thing autumn break was last week then - for those who had it at all.

factotum
2009-10-20, 10:19 AM
It may also be when the Erfworld book comes out--Rob said on the Erfworld site that those are being sold through GITP.

NerfTW
2009-10-20, 10:41 AM

In other news, I think the sun is going to rise tomorrow morning.

badam104172
2009-10-20, 11:36 AM
Gah... stole my thread idea! anyway, I hope so. In a completely stupid and optimistic point of view, I suppose it could be the actual release date, but I doubt it.

Porthos
2009-10-20, 12:51 PM
It may also be when the Erfworld book comes out--Rob said on the Erfworld site that those are being sold through GITP.

The Erfworld book is being released in Feburary, though it will be availiable for pre-order for anyone who wants to buy it as a holiday gift. They'll just have to wait a couple of months for their present to arrive. :smallamused:

Announcement 4: Erfworld Book 1 will be published by Giant in the Playground. The release date will be early February. We will have pre-orders available for the holiday gift giving season, so watch for that. People who came to the party and kicked in toward the expenses (everyone was tremendously generous, thank you) got a brand new Erfworld travel mug, too. And this item will be in the store very shortly.

Gamerlord
2009-10-20, 01:44 PM
The Okoo website has a "Do not open till October 26 section, I won't let in, but if you look carefully at the picture, you can see a PINK OOTS BOOK!!!! NEW BOOK!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BatRobin
2009-10-20, 01:55 PM
Gah... stole my thread idea! anyway, I hope so. In a completely stupid and optimistic point of view, I suppose it could be the actual release date, but I doubt it.

pleaseletitbesarcasmpleaseletitbesarcasm

ThePhantasm
2009-10-20, 02:29 PM
In the preview, it looks like the character on the cover is V.

Silverraptor
2009-10-20, 02:36 PM
In the preview, it looks like the character on the cover is V.

That's because it is V, in Pink!:smallbiggrin:

BatRobin
2009-10-20, 02:39 PM
That's because it is V, in Pink!:smallbiggrin:

Not nesscessarily, but V is the outline.

Silverraptor
2009-10-20, 02:41 PM
Not nesscessarily, but V is the outline.

What do you mean not necesarily?:smallconfused: What other color is it then?

Kaytara
2009-10-20, 02:47 PM
Good thing autumn break was last week then - for those who had it at all.

Not where I live. :P And it's two weeks for me. Muahaha.

Silverraptor
2009-10-20, 02:50 PM
Not where I live. :P And it's two weeks for me. Muahaha.

I don't get autumn break. Isn't college FUN?!:smallannoyed:

Teddy
2009-10-20, 03:36 PM
My autumn break will be in the next week. Very conveniently placed break, eh? :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-20, 03:40 PM
What the frak is an autumn break?

I mean, there is a winter break and a summer break, but an autumn break?

Do you have a spring break, too? Cause that would really stretch the limits of credibility.

Ichneumon
2009-10-20, 03:58 PM
I have math lessons and exams in my autumn "break".

Johnny Blade
2009-10-20, 04:04 PM
Do you have a spring break, too? Cause that would really stretch the limits of credibility.
:amused:

Also, this is obviously just some marketing scheme and there'll only be a 10% discount on books if you buy product for more than 50$. Mark my words.

Mystic Muse
2009-10-20, 04:11 PM

I have a spring break but not an autumn I don't think.

Brendan
2009-10-20, 04:44 PM
Knowing how much Rich likes to prove us wrong, it could be negative or photoshopped colors. Or a fake cover. It could be anything, but I be it is just the regular cover.

BatRobin
2009-10-20, 04:53 PM
Knowing how much Rich likes to prove us wrong, it could be negative or photoshopped colors. Or a fake cover. It could be anything, but I be it is just the regular cover.

It is. 0.o

Kaytara
2009-10-21, 04:04 AM

I mean, there is a winter break and a summer break, but an autumn break?

Yes, we have a spring break too. Two weeks, three weeks, two weeks, and six weeks for autumn, winter, spring and summer respectively.

But that's nothing. You should check out Russian school systems. THREE MONTHS - from 25th May to 1st September - summer break. And then a week in spring and fall and two weeks in the winter. Gaaaah, I miss it.

^ I don't think this is a fluke. That's undoubtedly the real cover. I don't think Rich is into that sort of thing. Sure, he's tricky, but he hasn't ever outright deceived us, has he?

Mystic Muse
2009-10-21, 04:28 AM
But that's nothing. You should check out Russian school systems. THREE MONTHS - from 25th May to 1st September - summer break. And then a week in spring and fall and two weeks in the winter. Gaaaah, I miss it.

this is the system we have here.

Cracklord
2009-10-21, 04:31 AM

No, some things have to be taken care of first.
Now, how would you like to see what the world looks like from the top of this big, Aztec pyramid?

Berserk Monk
2009-10-21, 09:21 AM

"In a couple of hours, the sun will be up."

Teddy
2009-10-21, 11:09 AM
this is the system we have here.

Same thing over here: 1 week in the spring, 9 in the summer (used to be 10, but they split one of the weeks over the spring), 1 in the autumn and 2 in the winter.

Asta Kask
2009-10-21, 12:54 PM

It's when you have a break, and it's in the autumn.

The Giant
2009-10-21, 12:59 PM
Wow, now THAT'S a hopelessly derailed thread.