PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Pathfinder

Crel
2009-10-21, 10:12 PM
As many of you may know, Pathfinder RPG which came out this summer is very difficult to find, including through the internet, at least cheap. I found that I was able to get it for between $30-40 through Amazon.com. I'm posting advice because it's a bit tricky.

You see, when you initially search for it, it says that new the shipping is 1-2 months (because the first print was sold from Paizo so quickly), and that used is starting from about $90 (at least when I bought my copy). Click on it, and look at the new prices. The shipping advert on the front page is for the cheapest one, from Amazon directly, but below that are companies that are selling Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook for less than list price from a bookstore ($50) and you will get it, at most, within a week. I got mine in 3 business days. If you are having bad luck finding a copy of Pathfinder, give this a look.

Grommen
2009-10-22, 10:09 AM
I know a gaming store that has several copies. I'm sure they would mail them out if I gave them contact information. Very nice book. So big though that it's not drop proof, my cover cracked when I dropped it in my book bag from 4 feet up. Also cracked the corner of my laptop so it must have been a good solid impact.

jmbrown
2009-10-22, 10:21 AM
I've never seen a Pathfinder book in any of the game stores I frequent and they heavily stock RPGs and wargames. I can't say I'm interested in it but there are a small handful of copies on eBay including an employee special edition for $250. I don't know what's so special about it but I'm sure some grognard will spend his hard earned dice money on it.

Slurpee Addict
2009-10-22, 10:28 AM
I got mine for free from the paizo website. at least i got the phb and a few accessories, but it was all free.

Hurlbut
2009-10-23, 09:53 AM
I got mine for free from the paizo website. at least i got the phb and a few accessories, but it was all free.Yeah except the Corebook is a PHB and DMG in one and have certain changes to its ruleset from Beta ;)

Ravens_cry
2009-10-23, 10:23 AM
I got mine at the gaming store some gaming friends of mine recently started. I was, in fact, the first one to buy one at the store when it came out.