PDA

View Full Version : how do you want to be buryed after you die?

MR.PIXIE
2009-10-27, 11:57 PM
iwant to be cremated, but have my body holowed out and stuffed with fireworks. and i want my family and friends to be at the cremation. that way my sence of humor lives on after im dead.
oh and on my death bed im going to pretend to die then yell a final BOO!
befor i slip away.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-27, 11:59 PM
iwant to be cremated, but have my body holowed out and stuffed with fireworks. and i want my family and friends to be at the cremation. that way my sence of humor lives on after im dead.
oh and on my death bed im going to pretend to die then yell a final BOO!
befor i slip away.

That sounds like a gruesome task for whoever is doing the stuffing.

I'd like to be dropped into a volcano.

littlebottom
2009-10-28, 12:00 AM
im not sure myself, but a friend once said to me, he wants to have his body stuck into a position as if jumping out at someone, then have himself set up to a spring that sets off as people pass, so he jumps out at various degrees of decay...

i found it funny:smalltongue: but then again, thats because i know he wouldnt do it

MR.PIXIE
2009-10-28, 12:01 AM
I'd like to be dropped into a volcano.

sweeeeet.
thats awsome

The Extinguisher
2009-10-28, 12:02 AM
My body will be thrown into the ocean.

From an airplane.

MR.PIXIE
2009-10-28, 12:04 AM
i bet the water would be like slaming into concrete.
neeeeeeer! SPLAT!

P.S i love the quote in your sig

Recaiden
2009-10-28, 12:07 AM
Well, that depends how high up the plane is. Though I can't imagine it would be pleasant if he were still alive.

SDF
2009-10-28, 12:07 AM
Well you could always do what Hunter S. Thompson did.

He had himself cremated.

And shot out of a cannon.

By Johnny Depp.

BizzaroStormy
2009-10-28, 12:08 AM
One of two options.

Option 1: I'm placed on a small boat with a sword in hand. The boat is set on fire and pushed out to sea.

Option 2: My body is posed and preserved in acrylic.

MR.PIXIE
2009-10-28, 12:09 AM
or shot out of a canon into the cremation furnice

Trog
2009-10-28, 12:11 AM
You know I'd -like- to be buried without being embalmed and such. Just decompose naturally. Though I don't think that is even an option I can do in the U.S. Plus I'm not really up on whether or not that would pose a problem for ground water and all that. Probably not though. I haven't really looked into it seriously. Oh, and I'd like to have a headstone. Something simple, probably. Though really I'll be dead and won't have any say in it anyway so no biggie.

Lycan 01
2009-10-28, 12:12 AM
In a nice pine box 6 feet under the ground, preferebly next to the plot occupied by or reserved for my significant other.

Sorry, I'm boring. :smalltongue:

Lappy9000
2009-10-28, 12:19 AM
You know I'd -like- to be buried without being embalmed and such. Just decompose naturally. Though I don't think that is even an option I can do in the U.S. Plus I'm not really up on whether or not that would pose a problem for ground water and all that. Probably not though. I haven't really looked into it seriously. Oh, and I'd like to have a headstone. Something simple, probably. Though really I'll be dead and won't have any say in it anyway so no biggie.You sound like you may be interested in my personal favorite promession (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promession). It's like cremation, but instead of fire, you're dipped into liquid nitrogen (awesome!), shattered, then put into a biodegradable box much smaller than a casket.

The biodegradable casket is nice, and I hear you can opt to have a tree/bush/other plant placed over you.

Turning cremated remains into jewelry is certainly another unique concept, but I'd feel weird leaving that with my remaining family....

skywalker
2009-10-28, 12:20 AM
Well you could always do what Hunter S. Thompson did.

He had himself cremated.

And shot out of a cannon.

By Johnny Depp.

A cannon shaped like his logo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gonzo.svg).

Option 1: I'm placed on a small boat with a sword in hand. The boat is set on fire and pushed out to sea.

Why a small boat?

As for me, a plain wood box will do. I don't need any pretensions, it's just a box for a body. I also despise the modern sealed coffins because they actually do a worse job of preserving your body than the old style. They encourage the growth of anaerobic bacteria, which putrefy the body, instead of allowing bones to remain. I shudder to think about this happening to my grandparents (while my parents and other survivors think the bodies are perfectly maintained), but hey, I wasn't the one deciding how they'd be buried.

I just read on Wikipedia about having family and friends write final messages on the outside of the coffin. I wonder if that would be helpful for the survivors?

EDIT:
You know I'd -like- to be buried without being embalmed and such. Just decompose naturally. Though I don't think that is even an option I can do in the U.S. Plus I'm not really up on whether or not that would pose a problem for ground water and all that. Probably not though. I haven't really looked into it seriously. Oh, and I'd like to have a headstone. Something simple, probably. Though really I'll be dead and won't have any say in it anyway so no biggie.

You know Trog, you actually do have quite a say in it as far as I know. You specify in your will or other legal document how you want your body taken care of. If it's in writing, I'm pretty sure it must be carried out if it is legal.

As for not being embalmed, while it is frowned upon, there are certain religions that require burial without embalming. So you can be buried without being embalmed, altho it may shock your family to find it in your directions. But if they know you, then probably not. People have been buried not embalmed for thousands of years, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to now.

Dracomorph
2009-10-28, 12:24 AM
I don't really care what they do with the rest of me, but I want my skull to have candles burned on it. Bonus points if someone carves symbols into it. Ideally, before the candles it would be used in a production of Hamlet or something.

And there had damned well better be wax drippings, or there will be hell to pay!

zillion ninjas
2009-10-28, 12:26 AM
@Trog: That probably isn't illegal or environmentally harmful. After all, wild animals die all the time and are left to decompose without embalming. (Something to think about over breakfast, eh?) But you might have difficulty finding a cemetary willing to do this, unless you have your own (rural?) property to be buried on.

As for myself, I think I'll be happy enough so long as I'm buried after I die. As opposed to the alternative. :smallamused:

Lycan 01
2009-10-28, 12:32 AM
Oh, but I do want to leave riddles. I want to have one of those video wills, that opens with me going "Hey guess what, I'm dead! Boy, I bet this is weird for ya'll to watch..." with a twisted grin. I'll then proceed to explain my last will and testament and all that jazz, followed by some jokes. I might even rattle off a few locations, and tell 'em I hid something special there. Eventually, when they finally find the right spot, they'll dig up a metal box containing said special object, as well as a note from me telling my family how much I loved them... as well as a comment about them taking too long to find the item, or something silly like that.

I love the idea of screwin' with my loved ones from beyond the grave! :smallbiggrin:

Prak
2009-10-28, 12:37 AM
Option 2: My body is posed and preserved in acrylic.
I've considered this... Though I'm sure most graveyards wouldn't like the idea of a corpse on a throne encased in an acrylic box...

I've also considered a symbolic elements thing... having different parts "put to rest" in different classical elements. Like my heart is cremated, most of my body is buried, the flesh of my arms gets a sky burial, and I don't know what would go to sea....

...though considering a nickname my first girlfriend gave to... a part of me... I have an idea... and even know which ocean. And the ceremony would be surreal enough to be a fitting tribute to my warped sense of humour....

Turning cremated remains into jewelry is certainly another unique concept, but I'd feel weird leaving that with my remaining family....
You can actually send the same company hair, and they'll make diamonds out of it. I actually kind of like the idea of a diamond ring or pendant made of the ashes of my heart.

There's another company that will turn you into pencils. It's presented in a nice wooden box with an integrated pencil sharpener that feeds into a cavity in the box, turning it into an urn once the pencils have all been used. I think it'd be an appropriate gift to leave behind for the inevitable morbid gamer that springs from my loins...

I don't really care what they do with the rest of me, but I want my skull to have candles burned on it. Bonus points if someone carves symbols into it. Ideally, before the candles it would be used in a production of Hamlet or something.
Heh, reminds me of my desire to buy a human skull and fashion a goblet from it... maybe that should be done when I die, my skull should be fashioned into a goblet... that'd be kind of cool, actually...

Anuan
2009-10-28, 12:40 AM
I think I want to be buried in one of those Biodegradable eggs filled with soil, with a tree planted over me.
...Yeah.

Icewalker
2009-10-28, 12:50 AM
Weeeeell......

As remarkably disturbing as this may be, I have been strongly entertaining the idea recently of, after uploading, leaving my body braindead and vivisecting it myself to learn anatomy and physiology, or even better, to perform a specific experiment. Not often that one would get an opportunity to vivisect a body for science.

Not sure what I'd do with the bits afterwards. Maybe I should get canopic jars and go through all the mummification stuff for kicks. Probably would damage the body too much during the vivisection for that to actually work though...

HandofCrom
2009-10-28, 12:56 AM
Rather than pay for a funeral, I want that money spent on a bar tab for a wake. Anyone who cries has to take a shot per tear. After my organs have been donated and my body used for science, I would like to be interred beneath some nightclub or ballroom so people can dance on my grave every day.

Keris
2009-10-28, 12:57 AM
Optimally, the closest I'd be to being "buried" would be being placed within a suspended animation unit. But, should that be unfeasible for whatever reason, I think I'd like to be interred within an expansive mausoleum, preferably complete with fiendish traps.

Heh, reminds me of my desire to buy a human skull and fashion a goblet from it... maybe that should be done when I die, my skull should be fashioned into a goblet... that'd be kind of cool, actually...
http://www.oglaf.com/skulls.jpg

Prak
2009-10-28, 12:57 AM
Weeeeell......

As remarkably disturbing as this may be, I have been strongly entertaining the idea recently of, after uploading, leaving my body braindead and vivisecting it myself to learn anatomy and physiology, or even better, to perform a specific experiment. Not often that one would get an opportunity to vivisect a body for science.

Not sure what I'd do with the bits afterwards. Maybe I should get canopic jars and go through all the mummification stuff for kicks. Probably would damage the body too much during the vivisection for that to actually work though...

this is the most awesome transhumanism idea I've ever heard I think...

and I've toyed with the idea of mummification before too... it'd probably be too damned expensive though.

Icewalker
2009-10-28, 12:59 AM
Seemed like a nice touch. If you're going to do something scientific with a body, preferably a living one, why not make it your old one?

Prak
2009-10-28, 01:00 AM
Hey! an oglaf strip safe for workplaces!

and you could totally seal up the holes in the back of the eyesockets...

Nimrod's Son
2009-10-28, 01:06 AM
I want to be chopped up and smuggled into a delivery to McDonald's. Then have a friend alert the authorities once I've reentered the food chain.

Failing that, I want to be mummified and used as a height-restriction barrier for some theme-park ghost train.

thubby
2009-10-28, 01:08 AM
however would give my friends and loved ones closure.
if they don't exist or don't care, something cool. thrown into the sun, maybe.

Ichneumon
2009-10-28, 01:12 AM
I want to be buried... in the ground... when I'm dead.

Prak
2009-10-28, 01:14 AM
oh god, I just got a great idea. I wonder if it'd be possible to be encased in some remote glacier or the like, so that some day some glacier climber or arctic explorer stumbles across my corpse.

That'd be hilarious....

Trog
2009-10-28, 01:16 AM
You sound like you may be interested in my personal favorite promession (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promession). It's like cremation, but instead of fire, you're dipped into liquid nitrogen (awesome!), shattered, then put into a biodegradable box much smaller than a casket.

The biodegradable casket is nice, and I hear you can opt to have a tree/bush/other plant placed over you.Interesting. Never heard of it before. Sounds sort of expensive though. A tree would be nice too I suppose.

You know Trog, you actually do have quite a say in it as far as I know.
Yes, I know. :smalltongue: I meant that one way or another I'll be gone and at that point it won't make much of a difference. So, say, I wish to be buried without embalming and they embalm me anyway. I wouldn't really be able to stop them (though my will would express my wishes of course) or have the capacity to care anything about it what with my brain decomposing and all. And again, I'll be gone so no big deal, really.

People have been buried not embalmed for thousands of years, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to now.
Precisely. And I could be wrong about that too but it was my impression that the whole embalming process was the standard way to go if you weren't going to go with cremation and that as a general rule all bodies were embalmed. I know at least one reason is so the body will look good for a funeral or wake or what have you. I'm not really interested in people coming in to look at me when I'm gone. When I've done so at funerals or wakes or what have you it is always unnerving. On the other hand my grandfather donated his body to science when he died and at that funeral he wasn't there at all which felt very odd. I'm not sure I'd like to do that to my family. Or put them through looking at me when I'm gone either. So to expand, I'd like a closed casket.

Morbid thread (not surprisingly) is morbid.

EDIT:

@Trog: That probably isn't illegal or environmentally harmful. After all, wild animals die all the time and are left to decompose without embalming.
Yup.

But you might have difficulty finding a cemetary willing to do this, unless you have your own (rural?) property to be buried on.This. This bit about finding a place to do so is the tricky bit, really. Something to look into I suppose... over breakfast. :smalltongue:

Lappy9000
2009-10-28, 01:46 AM
Morbid thread (not surprisingly) is morbid.Well, you really learn how to live once you learn how to die :smallcool:

UnChosenOne
2009-10-28, 01:48 AM
I want that my dismembered body is thrown in cardboardbox to waste container next to the police station with small piece of paper hidden inside of my mouth that explains all. Why? Lets say, that it would be intresting to know what would happen.

RS14
2009-10-28, 01:54 AM
I don't particularly care. Leave me to rot if I can't be of use. I just hope my relatives have the sense not to waste money on embalming or anything like that.

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 02:02 AM
Well, I think I'd prefer to be cremated after they take whatever they can get out of me.

I'd also prefer not to be embalmed if it can be managed.:smallannoyed:

2009-10-28, 02:04 AM
i want to be used for medical research, then whatevers left given to cannibals, or other people who might enjoy it. i figure somebody should, i wont be using the thing anymore.

either that, or frozen and reanimated at a later date. maybe if we discover magic, i could be a skeleton, or at least a zombie. that might be cool.

or maybe have extra arms and tentacles and the like grafted onto my corpse, then fill me with bulletholes, cover me in something really radioactive encase me in a concrete block inside a faraday cage inside another concrete block covered in writings in ancient languages like mayan or egyptian or something implying that a great evil lies within ect ect, and date it a few thousand years in the future.

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 02:08 AM
That makes the thought that just occurred to me of having my ashes mixed up between several loaves of bread of the dead to be served at my wake seem very, very underwhelming now.

golentan
2009-10-28, 02:45 AM
I'd like my organs to go to medicine, and the rest to go back into the foodcycle. Since cannibalism is illegal, we've worked out a deal where I get buried in a biodegradable container in a friend's vegetable garden.

If cannibalism becomes legal, I have a deal with the same friend involving a mustard glaze I've worked out.

I realize I'm so very much in the minority.

Moonshadow
2009-10-28, 03:37 AM
I want to be cremated. And then I want the ashes to be mixed with the ashes of my partner, and scattered somewhere so that we can be together in death as we were in life.

HellfireLover
2009-10-28, 03:51 AM
After the useful bits of me have been removed and redistributed to the needy, I'm going to be buried in a cardboard coffin at an eco-site near where I live. If they allow me a tree, it'll be a hawthorn.

Bouregard
2009-10-28, 03:51 AM
Mhm.... building something Tomb of Horrors style with a sarcophagus inside would be to much to ask eh? Maybe I should fill the last chamber with all my amassed odities and then 100 years in the future my testament will be released so that the first guy getting alive to my sarcophagus can claim all that stuff. Of course I'm pretty good in designing traps I hope.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-28, 04:21 AM
Temporarily.

As in, they'd just bring me back to life once they have the technology.

Bendigeidfran
2009-10-28, 04:28 AM
Sky burial, given back to the earth which hath createth me :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-28, 04:38 AM
Silly answer: I'd like a headstone that says "Respawning: 9..."

Serious answer: Donate my body to science, cremate what's left. I like this idea of making jewelry from my ashes. I'll have to look into this.

KuReshtin
2009-10-28, 04:43 AM
I think it'd be pretty cool with a proper Viking burial. Put me on a boat, set it on fire, and then push the boat out to sea.

Then spend the rest of the night getting drunk and getting into fights..
Just like it's supposed to be.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-10-28, 04:44 AM
I'm an organ donor, so if there is anything left of me I get gutted.

Then my family has strict instructions to bury me right after. I am not to be preserved, wired, propped or whatever else in any way. I want to be in a private plot if I'm still single, with a tree planted over me. If married, wherever my wife is/will be.

BizzaroStormy
2009-10-28, 04:48 AM
I've considered this... Though I'm sure most graveyards wouldn't like the idea of a corpse on a throne encased in an acrylic box...

I've also considered a symbolic elements thing... having different parts "put to rest" in different classical elements. Like my heart is cremated, most of my body is buried, the flesh of my arms gets a sky burial, and I don't know what would go to sea....

Ok first of all, I'm loving the idea of a throne. Second, why would I have my body in a cemetery? It will remain in the corner maybe posing like a dose off in the chair.

HellfireLover
2009-10-28, 05:15 AM
Ok first of all, I'm loving the idea of a throne. Second, why would I have my body in a cemetery? It will remain in the corner maybe posing like a dose off in the chair.

I always liked the idea of doing a Jeremy Bentham (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham), but it's not remotely practical, is it?

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-28, 05:18 AM
The reason I'd like to be dropped into a volcano is not so much the idea that it's "cool". I can't think of anything more satisfying than that what composed me during life is diffused into the material of the earth itself.

Toastkart
2009-10-28, 05:46 AM

This is how I'd like to be buried too. Or, barring that, being put on a boat that's set out to sea and then put on fire.

I'm not sure what I want on my tombstone yet, though.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-28, 06:08 AM
If I was absurdly rich they could just shoot my coffin into space. That'd be kinda cool, I think. My body, the space pioneer :smalltongue:

In reality though, give my organs to people who need them and burn the rest. On a boat. And I'm taking my sword with me.

Jack Squat
2009-10-28, 06:24 AM
For those wanting viking burials...they're actually illegal.

However, you can just get towed out to international waters and then have it start from there.

I haven't given it much thought myself - I mean, I'm not going to be around to care what happens. That and I'm a college kid - we all know that means I'm invincible :smallwink:

Maybe be stuffed and placed on a chair in front of the fireplace :smalltongue:

MR.PIXIE
2009-10-28, 08:10 AM
I love that

Crixon
2009-10-28, 08:23 AM
Put me on a boat, set it on fire, and then push the boat out to sea.

Omg .... my mind is attempting to make a song out of that ... only because sea and be rhyme, anyway ... i want to be buried next to my horses, as i think they will die before me, or if i die before them then they buried beside me,

Heliomance
2009-10-28, 09:22 AM
In a shark.

Yup.

KuReshtin
2009-10-28, 09:27 AM
Omg .... my mind is attempting to make a song out of that ... only because sea and be rhyme, anyway ...

I already have a song in mind that I want played at my funeral, though. :smallsmile:

Appropriately enough, it's called "At My Funeral" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrxMoHQKESc) by the Crash Test Dummies.

Archonic Energy
2009-10-28, 09:28 AM
I think it'd be pretty cool with a proper Viking burial. Put me on a boat, set it on fire, and then push the boat out to sea.

does York have a river? :smalltongue:

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-28, 09:36 AM
For those wanting viking burials...they're actually illegal.

In some places. In the states I know it varies by state, and I think it's ok in the UK, and maybe Canada (Where I live) but annoyingly enough I've been unable to find anything specific. It probably hinges on air pollution laws.

That said, sod 'em all. International waters are fine by me.

KuReshtin
2009-10-28, 09:36 AM
does York have a river? :smalltongue:

I think it does. I distinctly remember walking across a bridge the last time I w... :smalleek: Ehh.. hang on..

KuReshtin
2009-10-28, 09:40 AM
In some places. In the states I know it varies by state, and I think it's ok in the UK, and maybe Canada (Where I live) but annoyingly enough I've been unable to find anything specific. It probably hinges on air pollution laws.

That said, sod 'em all. International waters are fine by me.

They actually have a Viking Festival in the town I live each year, and they always finish it off with a 'Viking burial' where they set a boat on fire and push it out to sea. I'm not entirely surewhat they do with the debris after the event, though, but they don't seem to have a problem with someone setting a boat on fire.
It's just a question to get them to agree to putting the dead guy on the obat before they set it alight. :smallwink:

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-28, 09:43 AM
They actually have a Viking Festival in the town I live each year, and they always finish it off with a 'Viking burial' where they set a boat on fire and push it out to sea. I'm not entirely surewhat they do with the debris after the event, though, but they don't seem to have a problem with someone setting a boat on fire.
It's just a question to get them to agree to putting the dead guy on the obat before they set it alight. :smallwink:

And if they refuse, then you get your own boat! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the boat. :smalltongue:

But yeah, my plan would be to pay for the boat myself. It need not be a large boat. It just need be flammable.

Telonius
2009-10-28, 09:53 AM
Viking funeral would be ideal, but ashes scattered on the ocean would work for me.

OverdrivePrime
2009-10-28, 10:02 AM
If I die as a withered old husk a few hundred years from now, just have a party and shoot my remains toward the nearest star. I like the idea of helping to shine on for a few billion years.

If I die this century, make sure anyone who has a medical need gets access to my remains, and then throw the ashes of what's left into the winds on Santa Rosa Island. I swear that if someone sticks me in an expensive box and buries me, I'll come back and haunt the crap out of whoever's responsible.

Alternatively, I really like the idea of being turned into a gem stone. A blue diamond would be alright, and I'd like it to be set in the pommel of master-crafted sword that is handed down through the family.

BritishBill
2009-10-28, 10:08 AM
Id like my grave filled with concrete to keep the zombies away, and so I never come back as one.

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-28, 10:38 AM
Cremated then buried. Or a viking funeral.

Sneak
2009-10-28, 10:39 AM
Viking funeral.

Nah, probably cremation or burial. Or maybe I'll have my body fed to lions.

Honestly, I don't care. I won't be around. I might as well just let my family decide what they want to do with me.

Yora
2009-10-28, 10:44 AM
I want the bugs and worms.
Burried in one piece and left to decompose.

Should I die in a place where this is difficult to get, it would also be okay to leave my ashes to decompose. But nothing that keeps my remains for later. Storing ashes in a sealed jar would be kinda morbid to me, and preserving the entire corpse is outright creepy. :smallbiggrin:

Ikialev
2009-10-28, 10:56 AM
Donate some parts for transplant, what remains will be cremated. (Except skin, which will somehow be stuffed and entombed in a giant shrine. Like Lenin.)
-Donate parts for transplants.
-Give my skull to theatre for a role in Hamlet.
-My skin will be stuffed and made into a mummy like Lenin.
-What remains, will be cremated.
-And from those ashes, a diamond will be made.
-And this diamond will be dropped into the sea somewhere.

thorgrim29
2009-10-28, 11:00 AM
Since by the time I die I will be ridiculously rich (I hope), I will be buried under a tree on a hilltop in a park (if possible one I financed). There will be a band, kegs of prime quality beer and wine, a feast, and a few videos about and by me. I always beleived a funeral should be a celebration of the life of the departed, and that's what I want. Oh and no religious funeral, that will be specified in my will.
Of course, ideally by then Science! has discovered immortality, preferably by body swapping a la Old man's war, so it won't be an issue.

Trog
2009-10-28, 11:06 AM
Hmm... that Life Gem (http://www.lifegem.com/) option is kind of neat come to think of it. Expensive though. Though so is buying a burial plot I suppose. Or maybe I could do this option (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgTPH5y1-ZI). Hmm... decisions, decisions.

Jera
2009-10-28, 11:23 AM
Sorry if this was already posted I only read the fist page.

http://www.memorialspaceflights.com/

For less than the cost of a coffin you can be cremated and shot into Orbit. Or if you're so inclined launched into deep space for just $12,500.

Personally I plan on living in New Zealand within the next few years(after I finish my bachelors degree) and depending on the local laws I want a traditional Norse(viking) funeral. That's been my plan since the age of six.

zeratul
2009-10-28, 01:24 PM
I actually probably think about this more than is normal. I want to be buried with my guitar and or one of my swords, with a large black tomb stone with the quote
If this is my Journeys End
Then cast me to the pyre
And if all that remains
Is a blackened heart
And the stench of death
Then know my spell is cast
And sing our songs
With pride once more ~ A.A. Nemtheanga

Or if i have lots of money (unlikely) I want a big creepy mausoleum with a spiky iron gate around it blocking it off entirely with blackish trees and deadly nightshade growing in it, and a wolf statue at each corner.

Prak
2009-10-28, 02:15 PM

Yeah I was thinking kind of a Conan on his throne deal, something like this:
http://hyboria.xoth.net/img/conan_saga_king.jpg

It'd be great in a cemetary just to freak people out.

though I do like the idea of being preserved in the home of one of my loved ones, dozing off in a chair in the corner.... it's me.

Perenelle
2009-10-28, 03:06 PM
I'd prefer to be cremated and then scattered over somewhere nice. maybe a field or a forest.

t_catt11
2009-10-28, 03:28 PM
Honestly, I could care less, and I have let my family know this.

Bury me in a traditional casket? Fine.

Cremate me? Whatever.

Drop different pieces of me in different locations? If that floats your boat.

See, I'll be dead, so it won't matter to me either way. My family can do whatever makes their greiving the easiest. I'd prefer they have a little party to remember me fondly as opposed to crying or whatnot, but again, it won't affect me directly, so it's really up to them.

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-10-28, 03:29 PM
When my mom dies, I'm going to turn her into a gem, and then use her on a wedding ring. >.<

Perenelle
2009-10-28, 03:35 PM
When my mom dies, I'm going to turn her into a gem, and then use her on a wedding ring. >.<

.....:smalleek:
I dunno If I'd want whoever I marry's mother on my finger... :smalltongue:

KilltheToy
2009-10-28, 03:41 PM
I personally have no idea how I'd like my body to be disposed of.

However, one of my friends wants to spontaneously combust just before he dies, then have his ashes cremated and have the ashes of his ashes placed into capsules. His will will specifically state that his children must injest one of these capsules if they want to inherit anything.

Yes, I have odd friends :smalltongue:.

Crixon
2009-10-28, 03:53 PM
.....:smalleek:
I dunno If I'd want whoever I marry's mother on my finger... :smalltongue:

i agree, im not entirely sure i would either :P

Thajocoth
2009-10-28, 04:08 PM
I'd want to have as much of my body as is usable used for someone's benefit.

I don't see why there would be anything left over to deal with afterward.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-10-28, 04:32 PM
I want an epic metal funeral. The pallbearers will enter with my casket during the guitar solo of this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4aFOzYReVo).

FoE
2009-10-28, 04:42 PM
I want my corpse to be eaten by wolves.

Make sure they use every part of my body!

Copacetic
2009-10-28, 04:52 PM
Life Gems? Bah! When I die, the gem that was my body won't be able to be fit on ANY ring. My body will be dipped in the resin of the Hymenaea protera, and buried deep under ground and left for several hundred years. I will become the largest Amber gem in existance. :smallbiggrin:

And then my descendants can dig me up and become fabulously wealthy. :smalltongue:

evisiron
2009-10-28, 05:22 PM
Cremated, with some of the ashes poured into liquid plastic and made into a set of dice. The rest can be buried or stored as normal, but I really want those Ash Dice. Almost feels like an artifact background. :smallsmile:

Prak
2009-10-28, 08:45 PM
Cremated, with some of the ashes poured into liquid plastic and made into a set of dice. The rest can be buried or stored as normal, but I really want those Ash Dice. Almost feels like an artifact background. :smallsmile:

You could just have dice made from your bones.

Icewalker
2009-10-28, 09:21 PM
Do both: have bone d6s, ash d20s, etc etc etc.

Prak
2009-10-28, 09:23 PM
hell for that matter, with plastination, you could have dice made from pretty much any body part.

KilltheToy
2009-10-28, 09:34 PM
hell for that matter, with plastination, you could have dice made from pretty much any body part.

"These heirloom dice were made from my great-grandfather's spleen."

:smallbiggrin:

That's it, I know how I want to happen to my body after my die.

Icewalker
2009-10-28, 09:36 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Make an eye into a d100?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-10-28, 09:49 PM
I want my skull removed, and decorated. I want my head stuffed, to keep it's shape, and eyes and such put back, and then I want to be posed sitting down, if at all possible, and, my final touch, dipped in molten metal. The metal hardens, and we have a life-size statue of me, with me actually inside. That sitting statue/coffin is then placed on a granite throne, inscribed with my name.

As for the skull? It needs to be stained with my own blood, in spiralling patterns. I must have shells or something placed in the eye-sockets, painted like eyes. It is to be set on a mantelpiece somewhere, cleaned often, and occasionally repainted, if the paint begins to fade.

Flickerdart
2009-10-28, 10:19 PM
Bunker buster payload replaced with coffin. Shoom! A most thorough burial.

Rutskarn
2009-10-28, 10:21 PM
I want my skeleton wired into a menacing pose, armed with sword and board, and placed inside the WotC offices.

Dewey
2009-10-28, 10:49 PM
I've always been partial to the burning boat thing, though the idea of a biodegradable coffin+tree intrigues me. what would be even cooler is to have a boulder with an epitaph or what have you, positioned in such a way that some of the tree's roots grow over it. It would probably be difficult to do that without it covering the epitaph though.

Kcalehc
2009-10-29, 10:01 AM
An empty casket shall be buried in my stead - they'll never find my body; well, not enough of it to bother anyways.

GoC
2009-10-29, 10:12 AM
Cyrogenics...

Solaris
2009-10-29, 10:36 AM
Barring death by combat, my plan is as follows: In the last ten years of my life I will swallow a teaspoon of gunpowder each day. I will then have my remains cremated.
Heheheheh.

Mary Leathert
2009-10-29, 12:31 PM
I actually thought about this some time ago, as I remembered what my mom told me about burying my grandfather. He was cremated, but the ashes were not buried in a cemetary. Instead, there was this place in Lapland (I live in Finland) where the ashes were taken, because he liked the place and enjoyed hunting and fishing there. Anyway, because you're not actually allowed to bury people where ever you like in this country, my mother had to fill this paper claiming that the ashes had been thrown to sea.

Getting to the part where I think of myself, I would like the idea of my remains buried/taken to some place that was important to me while alive. I haven't got such place yet, but I still have time to find one.

Ecalsneerg
2009-10-29, 02:55 PM
Buried? I'm gonna be cremated, and the ashes put in a big-ass firework!

Prak
2009-10-29, 04:09 PM
Barring death by combat, my plan is as follows: In the last ten years of my life I will swallow a teaspoon of gunpowder each day. I will then have my remains cremated.
Heheheheh.

unfortunately that won't work. You could however go through a painful process of depositing gunpowder into your bones... you'd be a living pipe bomb! Just not for very long....

Solaris
2009-10-29, 04:12 PM
Buried? I'm gonna be cremated, and the ashes put in a big-ass firework!

Hey, kinda like my plan in reverse.

unfortunately that won't work. You could however go through a painful process of depositing gunpowder into your bones... you'd be a living pipe bomb! Just not for very long....

Nonsense, I'll be about eighty years old. Bowel movement once a week? I'll take them odds.

Prak
2009-10-29, 04:12 PM
I actually thought about this some time ago, as I remembered what my mom told me about burying my grandfather. He was cremated, but the ashes were not buried in a cemetary. Instead, there was this place in Lapland (I live in Finland) where the ashes were taken, because he liked the place and enjoyed hunting and fishing there. Anyway, because you're not actually allowed to bury people where ever you like in this country, my mother had to fill this paper claiming that the ashes had been thrown to sea.

Getting to the part where I think of myself, I would like the idea of my remains buried/taken to some place that was important to me while alive. I haven't got such place yet, but I still have time to find one.

that reminds me of the guy who had his ashes loaded into ammunition and then his wife and friends had a "shoot anything that moves" party. (the "liked to hunt" part....)

which makes me want to have my ashes loaded into military munitions... so I can participate in a war post humosly.

Solaris
2009-10-29, 04:39 PM
that reminds me of the guy who had his ashes loaded into ammunition and then his wife and friends had a "shoot anything that moves" party. (the "liked to hunt" part....)

which makes me want to have my ashes loaded into military munitions... so I can participate in a war post humosly.

I can make that happen.
I can make that happen with extreme prejudice.
Next week good?

Cracklord
2009-10-29, 04:40 PM
I want to be stuffed and mounted.

Or be pushed out to sea on a wooden ship with a sword in my hand atop the broken bodies of those who slew me, and then be set alight.

pendell
2009-10-30, 08:04 AM
I'll never be able to afford it but ...

I want to be cremated, and the next time an interplanetary probe like Voyager is launched, with the final destination outside the solar system, I'd like a small bit of my ash to be placed aboard as well, next to the little 'golden record' recording. Then some small bit of me will voyage forever in places no other human has ever gone.

Who knows? Maybe someday some alien scientist .. or humans in the far future, after we achieve interstellar travel -- will find the probe, and I'll be the object of intense scrutiny for generations of scientists. I'll cause fights among biologists for centuries, and who could ask for a better legacy?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

druid91
2009-10-30, 08:13 AM
I like the idea of a huge trap filled dungeon, with a computer in my coffin at the end of it programmed to speak and act/behave like I would, only... creepier. and all you get for making it through the entire dungeon is a single slice of cake sitting on my coffin with a note saying that if the cake is rotten you took too long.

Berserk Monk
2009-10-30, 03:45 PM
I want to be mummified in my chainmail Rorschach costume that way, tens of thousands of years into the future, when mankind is no more and aliens are exploring earth, they will find me and think I was the most awesome guy ever!!!

Winthur
2009-10-30, 03:50 PM
Marooned for eternity at the center of a dead planet.

MR.PIXIE
2009-10-30, 08:37 PM
im glad to see im geting so many hit of of this spur-of-the-moment idea.
thanks you guys.

xanaphia
2009-10-30, 08:57 PM
I'm surprised noone has posted this yet.

CIA
About CIA
Careers
Offices of CIA
News & Information
Library
Kids' Page
Contact CIA
Mission
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is an independent US Government agency responsible for providing national security intelligence to senior US policymakers.

For more on the Agency's mission, visit our Strategic Intent.

Central Intelligence Agency
The Work of a Nation. The Center of Intelligence
Search Field

Search Button

Xsesiv
2009-10-30, 09:03 PM
I want my house sterilised, encapsulated in lead and buried as a very strange archaeological find for future generations.

Lupy
2009-10-30, 09:05 PM
I'm surprised noone has posted this yet.

CIA
About CIA
Careers
Offices of CIA
News & Information
Library
Kids' Page
Contact CIA
Mission
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is an independent US Government agency responsible for providing national security intelligence to senior US policymakers.

For more on the Agency's mission, visit our Strategic Intent.

Central Intelligence Agency
The Work of a Nation. The Center of Intelligence
Search Field

Search Button

I don't get it...
--
I want my organs given to people who need them and the rest of me buried six feet under. If I could have any kind of awesome coffin, I would want a block of glass with myself in the center.

AshDesert
2009-10-30, 09:28 PM
When I die, I want to be embalmed, then dragged to the top of Mt. Everest by a crew going up there. Then, they'll set me, sitting on a rock on the summit, with my hand held up in a high-five position, and a sign reading, "Congratulations! You got to the top of Everest! You know a blind guy did that without oxygen right?"

Trodon
2009-10-31, 11:27 AM
I want to be frozen in honey, yes honey it's an excellent preservative and it never goes bad, after that I'm not sure what I want to happen to me I'll think on that then post here again.

Mercenary Pen
2009-10-31, 11:32 AM
Well, I'd like to be buried dead, because it beats being buried alive.

On a more serious note, I'm perfectly happy with either cremation or traditional burial.

Trog
2009-10-31, 12:11 PM
This seems appropriate for this thread: Wal-Mart now sells coffins & urns. (http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=casket&search_constraint=0&tc=0&ic=48_0&ref=+125874.425084&tab_value=27_All) :smalleek:

DraPrime
2009-10-31, 12:17 PM
Personally, I don't care what happens to my body when I die. I'll be dead, and I won't really be able to care about it. Certainly the idea of someone desecrating my corpse is somewhat...unsettling, but I don't really concern myself too much with how or where I'm buried.

Faulty
2009-10-31, 03:25 PM
I want to be placed on a long boat that's pushed into the ocean and lit on fire by a bunch of archers with flaming arrows.

Prak
2009-10-31, 03:36 PM
You know, I like the burning boat burial thing, but I've got a little twist that I think is a lot better...

When I die, I want a wake, overlooking some river or other body of water, and at the climax of the party, it will proceed down to said body of water, and heap a wooden boat with gasoline, and lighter fluid, maybe some explosives, that kind of thing.
Then, all of my enemies will be rounded up, and placed on the boat, tied to the mast. The boat will then be lit and pushed out into the water while I watch from a throne at the site of the party.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-10-31, 04:05 PM
My ashes shall be used to make a katana, which will be given to my only daughter along with a letter.

The letter will give clues to the next letter, sending her on a big adventures across the country, which will eventually lead her to Ireland, where she will meet a man who, although being a person who prefers to work alone and not socialize with anyone, fell in love with me. We eventually eloped, but I went back to America on "buisness", and he discovered weeks later that I had been killed by some evildoers in pursuit of a legendary necklace.

As the letters will tell, however, I was not dead. I was just trying to do things; hide from him that I was pregnant, and stop him from getting involved in the aforementioned legendary necklace pursuit.

He will reluctantly help my daughter, and eventually become a father figure as they avenge my death. She will end the adventure by killing the man who killed me with a single blow from the Katana. Afterwards, she will steal the necklace from his corpse, destroy it, and live a peaceful life in Ireland with my widow. The sword will hang on the wall of her room, to remind her that family is the most important perogative there is.

This is my dream.

Kallisti
2009-10-31, 04:13 PM
Cremated, and buried in a custom-made urn. On one side it will be inscribed with "To sleep, perchance to dream..." On the other, it will say "You must always face the curtain with a bow. Forget about your sin, give the audience a grin--enjoy it, it's your last chance anyhow..." The stopper will have the comedy and tragedy masks on it, one on each side. No prizes for guessing which quote goes with which mask.

This is, of course, after they gut me like a fish and remove the bits and pieces that other people might need. I'm a selfish bastard, but really, holding onto things after you die is a bit much.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-10-31, 04:44 PM
My ashes shall be used to make a katana, which will be given to my only daughter along with a letter.

The letter will give clues to the next letter, sending her on a big adventures across the country, which will eventually lead her to Ireland, where she will meet a man who, although being a person who prefers to work alone and not socialize with anyone, fell in love with me. We eventually eloped, but I went back to America on "buisness", and he discovered weeks later that I had been killed by some evildoers in pursuit of a legendary necklace.

As the letters will tell, however, I was not dead. I was just trying to do things; hide from him that I was pregnant, and stop him from getting involved in the aforementioned legendary necklace pursuit.

He will reluctantly help my daughter, and eventually become a father figure as they avenge my death. She will end the adventure by killing the man who killed me with a single blow from the Katana. Afterwards, she will steal the necklace from his corpse, destroy it, and live a peaceful life in Ireland with my widow. The sword will hang on the wall of her room, to remind her that family is the most important perogative there is.

This is my dream.

I know it's incredibly impractical...but honestly, doesn't that sound freaking awesome? Anyone?

arguskos
2009-10-31, 04:48 PM
I know it's incredibly impractical...but honestly, doesn't that sound freaking awesome? Anyone?
You posted it all of 40 minutes ago. :smalltongue: Also, no, that doesn't really appeal to me much, sorry. :smallfrown:

As for my burial, well, I'd prefer to not have one. Hopefully, I'll die in some way that either won't leave anything to be buried, or will make it impractical/impossible to acquire my body for burial.

If I die normally, I'll be leaving instruction to cremate me and then toss that into the ocean.

zeratul
2009-10-31, 05:06 PM

This is my dream.

I sense a screenplay here. Actually the idea of having ones remains become part of a weapon is pretty damn cool. Although I don't plan on being cremated, were I to be cremated, being folded into a good quality claymore would not be something I'd be opposed to.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-10-31, 05:09 PM
You posted it all of 40 minutes ago. :smalltongue: Also, no, that doesn't really appeal to me much, sorry. :smallfrown:

Has it really only been 40 minutes?:smallconfused: Felt like longer. Meh. I'll chalk it up to boredom.

Well, I think it's cool.
(Actually, I might write my NaNoWriMo story about it. :smallsmile:)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-31, 05:12 PM
Confizzled by the name change.

Also keep thinking you're Emerald Rose...:smallannoyed:

Also, the idea is fairly cool and also a fairly cool movie idea.

skywalker
2009-10-31, 05:23 PM
I like the idea of a huge trap filled dungeon, with a computer in my coffin at the end of it programmed to speak and act/behave like I would, only... creepier. and all you get for making it through the entire dungeon is a single slice of cake sitting on my coffin with a note saying that if the cake is rotten you took too long.

Better be some damned good cake...

Young padawan has not yet learned that he/she must have patience, post has only been up an hour on a Saturday afternoon, and Halloween to boot. Patience, patience.

I, myself, dream of a far more peaceful life for my children.

druid91
2009-10-31, 05:59 PM
Better be some damned good cake...

Of course it will be good, all cake is good.

YesImSardonic
2009-10-31, 06:21 PM
My tomb will be grand. Fit for an emperor with a wallet the size of a Ferrari, which, when filled, will only contain "pocket change," no matter the monetary value contained therein.

The main chamber will have a ceiling seventy-five feet high, which will be covered with bioluminescent moss or fungus or somesuch glow-y organisms. It will be 50'x75', ending in a grand dais that will have my skeleton sitting, posed, of course, at the head of a table covered with stone foods. At the table, besides myself, will be a large number of other skeletons, carved from stone. The only other formerly-living things in there will be mine wife and dog, to be added later as they die of natural causes.

On the back wall will be the black granite carving of a phoenix, and the other walls are to be covered with stone-carved mosaic tapestries, brilliantly colored in turquoise and jade and sulfur. Carved into their reverse sides will be several ancient epic poems in their original languages and in English, of which Beowulf will be the focus. Stone sarcophagi will also border the room and contain goodies for potential adventurers (decoder rings, copies of The Lord of the Rings, a vacuum-sealed flamethrower, a vacuum-sealed greatsword, a vacuum-sealed AK-47, and a copy of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, to name a few things).

The antechambers are to be places of horror. Stone blades, stone spikes, large crush-y things, and more than a few deadly living things. Skeletons and deformed corpses will be carved into the walls.

The entrance will be a typical stone door with stone doorposts, with "Vi Veniversum Vivus Vici" carved into it, followed by "Tee hee, Brutus," and "Druncne slog nealles heodhgeatas."

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-10-31, 06:24 PM
Of course it will be good, all cake is good.

the cake is a lie!

...I'm so sorry. I had to. :smallfrown:

druid91
2009-10-31, 06:58 PM
the cake is a lie!

...I'm so sorry. I had to. :smallfrown:

Possibly. The reason its cake is because I can make cake, but I will be dead, so... who makes the cake?

KilltheToy
2009-11-01, 09:47 PM
This seems appropriate for this thread: Wal-Mart now sells coffins & urns. (http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=casket&search_constraint=0&tc=0&ic=48_0&ref=+125874.425084&tab_value=27_All) :smalleek:

Apparently, Costco (http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=20595&eCat=BC|20595&whse=BC&topnav=&hierPath=20595*20609*20610*&lang=en-US) has been selling them. :smalleek:

skywalker
2009-11-02, 01:08 AM
The antechambers are to be places of horror. Stone blades, stone spikes, large crush-y things, and more than a few deadly living things. Skeletons and deformed corpses will be carved into the walls.

How do you plan on keeping them alive, mm? What if no adventurers show up for them to feed upon?

YesImSardonic
2009-11-02, 09:11 PM
How do you plan on keeping them alive, mm? What if no adventurers show up for them to feed upon?

There'll be herbivores that feed on the bioluminescent fungi. Until adventurers arrive they can eat those.

druid91
2009-11-02, 09:16 PM
There'll be herbivores that feed on the bioluminescent fungi. Until adventurers arrive they can eat those.

You could have a tribe of genetically engineered kobolds for them to munch on. food, and later on they can throw rocks at intruders!:smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2009-11-02, 09:24 PM
When I die, I want to be cremated and kept in an urn until my SO dies aswell (unless she's already gone. :smallfrown:) Then I want the urn to be emptied into the wind at our favorite spot.

:smallsmile: