PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Subraces (3.X, PEACH)

Zaydos
2009-10-30, 09:31 AM
I have a list of dwarven subraces I made over the course of years of 3.X (sometimes a mix of 3.0 core books and 3.5 splatbooks, some using ToB). I've been thinking about using some of them in a new world (they would be refluffed of course) and decided I'd post them here to see what people think.

They are in order Battleforged dwarves (which includes a half-breed with normal dwarves), autarch dwarves, and half-dwarves. I'm quite unsure of the balance since they were stuff I made years ago when fiddling with the Savage Species rules and well I hope I've learned some stuff since then (actually removed some for being so badly made).

Fluff will follow if requested.

Battleforged Dwarf racial traits:
• +2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Cha.
• Medium sized
• 20-ft speed.
• Dwarf traits except stonecunning and skill bonuses.
• Their racial attack bonus against orcs and goblinoids rises to +2 and they gain a +2 racial bonus to damage against such foes.
• +1 Natural Armor
• +2 damage on a charge, +4 if they are wielding a 2-handed weapon.
• They may use the stone bones maneuver once per encounter. This maneuver does not count as a readied maneuver for a warblade or swordsage, or crusader, but does count as known for the prerequisites of feats, and other maneuvers. Even if they have a maneuver using class this maneuver is only recovered between encounters.
• 3 Weapon Familiarities instead of 2, one of these must be Dwarven War-Axe.
• LA +1.
• Favored Class: Warblade.

Half-breeds between dwarves and battleforged dwarves have the following traits:
• +2 Con, -2 Cha.
• Medium sized
• 20-ft speed.
• Dwarf traits except stonecunning and skill bonuses.
• Their racial attack bonus against orcs and goblinoids rises to +2 and they gain a +2 racial bonus to damage against such foes.
• +1 damage on a charge, +2 if they are wielding a 2-handed weapon.
• 3 Weapon Familiarities instead of 2, one of these must be Dwarven War-Axe.
• Favored Class: Warblade

Autarch dwarf racial traits:
• +2 Con, -2 Dex.
• Medium sized
• Humanoid with the Dwarf and Dragonblooded subtypes (meaning they are dwarves with the dragonblooded subtype)
• 20-ft speed.
• Dwarf traits except as noted below
• +1 Natural Armor
• +1 racial bonus to attack rolls versus creatures of the dragon type; this replaces their bonus to attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
• +4 dodge bonus to AC against dragons; this replaces their bonus to AC against giants.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against Breath Weapons; this replaces their +2 to saving throws against poison.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against dragons’ (and only dragons’) frightful presence; they were bred to slay evil dragons and trained by golden ones.
• Favored Class: Knight.

Half-Dwarf Racial Traits:
• Medium-sized
• Speed 30 ft
• Human Blooded: They are affected by human specific spells and abilities as if they were human.
• Dwarf Blooded: They are affected by dwarf specific spells and abilities as if they were dwarf.
• Darkvision 60 ft.
• +1 racial bonus to all Fortitude saves.
• +1 racial bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
• Stonecunning: Half-dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on checks to notice unusual stonework. If they come within 10 ft of such they automatically get a check as if actively searching.
• +1 skill rank per level (+4 at first).
• Choose one craft skill it is always a class skill for the half-dwarf. It must sometimes deal with metal or stone or gems and the choice may never be changed, they also gain a +2 racial bonus on this skill.
• +1 racial bonus on Disable Device and Open Locks.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven.
• Favored Class: Any.

Solaris
2009-10-30, 09:55 AM
I like your half-dwarf. I'm thinking the Autarch could stand to get that bonus on saves vs dragonfear changed to saves vs fear.