PDA

View Full Version : Brütal Legend Campaign Setting

Sintanan
2009-10-30, 11:02 PM
Probably just a fad passing through my gaming group, but with the arrival of Brütal Legend in many of their PS3's... Practically the whole game session Saturday was spent talking about bits and pieces of Brütal Legend (copy and paste ftw). Eventually they started spending time in the middle of combat discussing playing a campaign in a Brütal Legend setting.

So, I was wondering, would anyone be interested in using this setting if I put together a bunch of information for it? I mean, I'm going to work on the setting (for lack of anything else to do with my time at the moment), just wondering if anyone here would like to use it too, and whether not I should bother posting information on it.

imp_fireball
2009-10-31, 04:12 AM
One thing for sure in creating a rock'n'roll bard class is to call it 'the roadie' and give it martial prowess, since that is essential. In fact, it shouldn't have anything to do with the bard, thus the separate homebrewed class 'roadie'. Still music influenced, of course.

I don't even play the game, and I know that.

Sintanan
2009-10-31, 07:03 PM
Fair warning right now... There. Will. Be. Spoilers.

Gear
In the game, Eddie Riggs uses both a greataxe and an electric guitar as weapons. The greataxe is used just to chop stuff apart, while the guitar actually controls electricity and fire when you strike the chords. Eddie is taught by the Guardian of Metal how to use these two weapons in impressive combos.

Other crafted weapons seen in the game are huge rifles (made from gutting razorfire boars), Lars' longsword, Ophiela's twin short swords, Kara's (I think the name it wrong, I'll look it up) halberd, and the amazon's (forget their name too) spears. Oh, right... and the long (I would say bastard) sword you see in the hands of the statue of Riggnarokk. Strangely, there's a lack of ranged weaponry (bows, crossbows, thrown weapons).

Other than these 'traditional' weapons, you have the Kill Master's bass strings (which stun and heal... but no raising dead), all manner of beastly claws, fangs, scythes, guillotines, firebreathing, magic missiles, and more.

Finally you have vehicles... all manner of vehicles by end-game.. mobile turrets, lightning-bolt-throwing side mounts for your hot rod, a repurposed rock crusher, motorcycles (called thunderhogs), and this is only on Eddie's team.

TroopsConsidering that you only play Eddie Riggs and it appears that everyone else supports you in the game, there really isn't a good basis in that alone for classes... If you ignore Eddie's overpowered-ness and just focus on the troops, you get:

Headbanger: Unarmed barbarian.
Razor Girl: Ranged weapon focused ranger.
Thunderhog: Manned by a Kill Master. Cleric.
Bouncer: Unarmed fighter abusing greater mighty wallop.
Roadie: Mechanically a thief with siege weaponry.
[Never used it... dunno name]: A mobile turret rode by a group of headbangers.
Metal Beast: A giant beast (read: animal companion) rode by [an amazon] (read: Druid).
Rockcrusher: A repurposed machine. It's basically a glorified trebuchet.

So... Just using these as a basis, with some reflavor and class feature changes and you have a basic class list: Barbarian, Ranger, Fighter (thug variant), Rogue, Druid, Cleric.

That's it for now. I got to get ready to meet my niece and nephew to take them out for halloween.

Warpfire
2009-11-01, 05:04 PM
Do want.

So what about the other factions?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-11-01, 06:41 PM
I've been contemplating doing things based entirely on what I've seen (i.e. everthing you can without having played any of the game but the demo) but have been holding off because I'd feel weird doing it without any information. I was going to create a class that replaced spellcasters that made it so you wailed on a guitar to cast spells, headbangers and demons would be different races(headbangers still having the human subtype) and there'd be standard humans.

Warpfire
2009-11-02, 06:36 PM
I've been contemplating doing things based entirely on what I've seen (i.e. everthing you can without having played any of the game but the demo) but have been holding off because I'd feel weird doing it without any information. I was going to create a class that replaced spellcasters that made it so you wailed on a guitar to cast spells, headbangers and demons would be different races(headbangers still having the human subtype) and there'd be standard humans.

Well, if information is your problem... (http://brutallegend.wikia.com/wiki/Br%C3%BCtal_Legend_Wiki)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-11-02, 07:28 PM
Well, if information is your problem... (http://brutallegend.wikia.com/wiki/Br%C3%BCtal_Legend_Wiki)

Well, I know I CAN get the information... I just want to play the game myself.