PDA

View Full Version : The Endless Dungeon - Clerical Cheese

Tyndmyr
2009-11-02, 11:24 PM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/Starting.jpg

You awaken in the center of a 10ft by 15ft room with stone walls, ceilings, and floors. A torch is burning on the wall behind you, while the other three walls have closed, metal doors with brackets allowing you to bar them from the inside. Unfortunately, only two metal rods are lying on the floor.

ghostaxe
2009-11-02, 11:40 PM
Clerical Cheese (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=164126) is up and ready to rumble!

How high is the ceiling? Please describe the nature of the stone walls--are they smooth, jagged? Do they have crevices (for example, where one might be able to stick a javelin)?

I start at the north gate, and look over the edge and listen for any unusual sounds. If I don't see/hear anything unusual, I bar it and move on to the eastern gate. Repeat, and if I don't hear anything, I bar it and move on to the south gate. If I do hear something interesting, I immediately bar the other two gates.

North gate Listen: [roll0]
North gate Spot: [roll1]

If nothing interesting,
East gate Listen: [roll2]
East gate Spot: [roll3]

If nothing interesting,
South gate Listen: [roll4]
South gate Spot: [roll5]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-02, 11:56 PM
The walls are of smooth, well crafted stone. The ceilings in each room, if not otherwise specified in the description, are as tall as the narrowest dimension of the room, in this case, 10 feet.

The doors are solid metal, and they don't have any way to look through them without opening them, but presuming you listen prior to opening, at the north door you hear something crackling, and low voices in a language you don't understand.

ghostaxe
2009-11-03, 12:00 AM
OOC: Oops, I forgot to spend my skill points (all 4 of them). I just now put them into Diplomacy; I hope you don't mind.

All right. I bar the other two doors (East and South), and open the North door completely. (Not going to bother trying to be silent)

EDIT: I have my shield in one hand, and a javelin in the other, and leveraged the door open with my javelin. Note that I do not have any light sources currently, and am relying on the light from the other room.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-03, 09:31 PM
You throw open the doors to a 10ft wide room, 30 ft long, with another wooden door on the far side. In the room is four kobolds(F1, E1, E2, C2). A small fire is flickering on the floor(D2) You catch them by surprise, but they look to be recovering quickly

http://travislerol.com/D&D/NorthDoor.jpg

ghostaxe
2009-11-03, 09:36 PM
I hurl my javelin at the kobold in C2 and then move to I1 as I draw my longsword:

Initiative: [roll0]

Javelin attack: [roll1] (against their flat-footed AC?)
Damage: [roll2]

Possible confirm: [roll3] (against their flat-footed AC?)
Possible crit damage: [roll4]

EDIT: Typical, really. Max damage roll to go with a terrible attack roll.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-03, 10:18 PM
The javelin unfortunately misses, and the kobolds raise a ruckus in their their urge to attack you.

Init:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-03, 10:21 PM
The furthest kobold reacts the quickest, snapping off a bullet with a sling.

Attack:[roll0]
Dmg if hits:[roll1]

ghostaxe
2009-11-03, 10:24 PM
Note: I should have at least cover, and possibly full cover from them, since I moved to I1...

ghostaxe
2009-11-03, 10:28 PM
Er... I guess it's my turn? Ready an action to whack the first kobold to come through the door.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Confirm roll: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-03, 10:30 PM
Note: I should have at least cover, and possibly full cover from them, since I moved to I1...

Good point, I'd missed that. No damage regardless, you just see a sling bullet fly through the open doorway.

There's a slight pause, then three spear wielding kobolds rush through the doorway. You drop the first one with a single blow, and get to make an AoO as well on another if you wish.

ghostaxe
2009-11-03, 10:32 PM
"Surrender or DIE!"

Damage roll: [roll1]

crit damage: [roll3]

I then add, "Note that was an *inclusive* OR!" as the kobold's guts splatter against the opposite wall.:smalltongue:

OOC: Question: How big are the metal rods used to bar the doors?

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 12:34 AM
Sudden silence echos in your ears after the two bodies slump lifelessly to the floor.

No sign of the fourth kobold.

As for the rods, they're approximately an inch and a half thick, and six feet long. I'd estimate about 15 lbs. They fit neatly into metal brackets placed around the doors in the starting room.

ghostaxe
2009-11-04, 02:30 AM
If it's Cheese's turn again, he will take a 5' step into J2, assuming the live kobold is in I2 (5' step to I2 if kobold is J2).

Assuming Cheese sees the last kobold (after potentially eating a readied attack), Cheese will swing at the kobold in I2 or J2 with lethal force:

Crit damage: [roll3]

If, on the other hand, Cheese does NOT see the last kobold after moving to I2 or J2, he will be hitting for nonlethal damage (same attack rolls, but at -4).

Tyndmyr
2009-11-04, 02:38 AM
Live kobold is in C2, but you can move there and down him anyhow.

Readied attack, as suspected, via sling:
[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

So, you've got a total of four kobolds on the ground, what you do with them is up to you. +300 XP btw.

ghostaxe
2009-11-04, 02:50 AM
Wait a minute, kobold with sling should still be alive. I killed spear kobold 1 with readied attack, killed spear kobold 2 with AoO, killed spear kobold 3 with action this round.

I grunt and take the bullet damage as I finish up spear kobold 3 this round. It is now sling kobold's turn at the top of the next round.

Whatever he does, I drop my longsword and charge him with a grapple on my turn. Assuming he still has a sling out, he does not get an AoO on me.

Attack roll: [roll0] (included -4 to being unproficient at unarmed strike)
Grapple check: [roll1] (did not include +4 size for being bigger than him).

EDIT: Clarification. My last turn and this turn as well, are motivated by trying to capture one of the kobolds live for questioning. Hence, if I did not see Sling kobold on my last turn, I would have struck Spear kobold 3 for non-lethal damage. Since I did see Sling kobold, I killed Spear kobold 3, and plan to subdue Sling kobold via grapple.

ghostaxe
2009-11-04, 12:05 PM
Oh, grapple damage, if I manage to grab:

[roll0]

EDIT: This is non-lethal damage

Tyndmyr
2009-11-09, 10:44 PM
Grapple check: [roll0] (size modifier included)

You manage to knock him unconscious without causing any lasting damage.

ghostaxe
2009-11-09, 10:47 PM
Cheese shouts to himself, "Doh! I always squeeze too hard."

Cheese then ties the kobold up with rope, and then tries to wake the kobold using a Heal check:

Use Rope: [roll0]
Heal: [roll1]

If he isn't able to wake the Kobold this way, Cheese will expend up to 3 Cure Minor Wounds until the kobold wakes. If the Kobold doesn't wake with 3 Cure Minor Wounds, Cheese will put the kobold out of his misery with a coup de grace.

Thelas
2009-11-11, 07:11 AM
The third cure brings him awake.

Draconic: Wha? What's happening? What are you doing to me?

ghostaxe
2009-11-11, 08:24 AM
OOC: Doh, languages. Well, I'll try anyway.

In common, "You there! Work with me and we'll both live."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

If more than Diplomacy roll is needed:
Diplomacy: [roll1]
Diplomacy: [roll2]
Diplomacy: [roll3]
Diplomacy: [roll4]
Diplomacy: [roll5]

I then proceed to ask him, as politely as possible:

Can he draw a map of this place for me?

Does he know which areas have useful treasure?

Does he know which areas are guarded by tough monsters?

Does he know where the closest civilization is?

"I'm a man of my word. If you help me, then not only will you live, but I'll also give you 10% of any treasure we find together."

If the Kobold understands and seems to agree, Cheese will Sense Motive to make sure the Kobold is also acting in good faith and not lying.
Sense Motive: [roll6]

If more than 1 Sense Motive roll is needed:
Sense Motive: [roll7]
Sense Motive: [roll8]
Sense Motive: [roll9]
Sense Motive: [roll10]
Sense Motive: [roll11]

If the Kobold agrees and seems to be acting cooperatively, I untie him and grab my thrown javelin before proceeding towards the area he claims has treasure and not much in the way of monsters.

If the Kobold seems like he can't understand Common, Cheese will kill the kobold and continue northward to C2, and listening for any activity as he walks there. Listen: [roll12] If Cheese hears sounds, he has his Longsword in hand. Otherwise, he has a javelin in hand.

Thelas
2009-11-11, 09:01 AM
You know what...
I'll be nice and say that you captured the most intelligent kobold. Which makes sense because he was the one who was using a sling.

I don't know much of this place, but I can tell you a bit. I woke up here one day with a few other kobolds from my tribe. We settled in a few of the empty rooms here. It just felt like the right thing to do.
As such, he can tell you which rooms contain kobolds.
By drawing a crude map, he conveys that the following rooms contain kobolds:
A1-B2
P1-S3
This room.

There might be some others, but those are all from my tribe.

You sense that he is telling the truth.

EDIT: My apologies to Tyndmyr if I took a few too many liberties with plot.

ghostaxe
2009-11-11, 11:41 AM
Cheese thanks the kobold, and as a sign of his good faith, give the kobold 3gp and also heals the kobold to full health with a Lesser Vigor, and tries to perform heal checks to stabilize the other 3 Kobolds if they are still dying and not quite dead.

Heal: [roll0]
Heal: [roll1]
Heal: [roll2]

Cheese then asks the kobold, "I just suddenly woke up here randomly as well, and apologize for the unfortunate previous events. Would you be willing to talk to the kobolds in A1-B2, so that everyone can avoid unnecessary bloodshed and get out this damn place in one piece? In fact, since we are all looking for ways out, it would be best if you and your tribe could work together with me, so that we may defeat any of the less cooperative denizens of this place."

Longsword and shield on, in case I need to get to more fighting.

Cheese asks the kobold, "My name is Cheese, what's your name? It's been scientifically proven that those with publicly declared names live longer, you know!"

Thelas
2009-11-11, 12:11 PM
(The map coordinates are not him saying those numbers, I'm just telling you that on the PC map, that's where they are. Anyways.)

Diplomacy takes one minute per check.
The other kobolds are good and dead.
I am pektkeysis. If you wish, I will speak with the kobolds, though I don't know how well they will recieve me.

He puts away his sling and takes out a spear, indicating that he will be ready for combat.

What will you do?

ghostaxe
2009-11-11, 05:37 PM
(OOC: Doh, I guess they all failed their stabilization checks. Hm, will remember to do that more quickly next time.)

"Good to meet you, Pektkeysis. It's worth a try to talk to your tribemates. Here, stand behind me so you don't get hurt. We'll walk in, and you try talking to them. If that doesn't work, we'll knock them out, and convince them one by one."

I push the door (to B2) open, and take a full defensive action, shouting out (in Common, even though they probably won't be able to understand me), "Wait! We wish to talk!"

Hopefully, Pektkeysis will have Improved Cover, if not full cover.

(OOC: Oh boy oh boy! Building my own kobold army! I'll definitely have to take Leadership at level 6, if I survive that far :smalltongue:)

Thelas
2009-11-11, 06:58 PM
Pektkeysis init: [roll0]
Foe kobold init: [roll1]

As you open the door, the next kobold calls in Draconic:

Pektkeysis, is that you? What are you doing with those stupid other races... you must be a traitor! DIE!

Eat charge.
[roll2][roll3]
EDIT: Or eat rolling fail.

ghostaxe
2009-11-11, 07:59 PM
OOC: So, ah, does Pektkeysis say anything to the kobold on his initiative? If he's already tried diplomacy and it fails, I'll smack the new kobold with the blunt of my longsword for non-lethal damage on my next turn.

Attack roll: [roll0] (includes penalty for hitting non-lethally... remember the kobold takes AC hit for charging!)

Damage roll: [roll1] (non-lethal)

Thelas
2009-11-11, 08:58 PM
((Do you really want him to make a check at -9 (-1 cha, -10 rushed, +2 circ)? I was expecting you to have him wait until the 10th round, and then make a roll at +1.))

The attack still misses, unless the penalty is somehow larger than -2 and I forgot.

Holding off on kobold's turn until answer.

ghostaxe
2009-11-11, 09:19 PM
OOC: Hm... tough call, with +1 to Diplomacy, I'm probably still looking at less than a 50% chance of success, and I'm probably going to take at least one hit in the mean time. I think the safer bet is to knock him out, and then Diplomacy him when he's tied up.

Cheese shouts to Pektkeysis, "Eh, looks like we'll have to do this the hard way. Assist me here." (As in using his action to give me a +2 to my attack roll)

On his next turn, Cheese will attack again for non-lethal damage, hopefully with an aid bonus:

Non-lethal attack: [roll0]
Non-lethal damage: [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-13, 02:45 AM
That'll put him unconcious. +75 XP, what you do with regards to searching for loot and the wooden treasure chest in the room is between you and your kobold buddy.

ghostaxe
2009-11-13, 09:01 AM
Cheese tells Pektkeysis to bind the new kobold with his rope, and assists his kobold friend in doing so.

Use Rope: [roll0] (using Pektkeysis's modifier, +10 bonus for binding someone, and +2 bonus for silk rope).

Cheese's assist: [roll1] (DC 10 to improve DC by 2).

Cheese then tells Pektkeysis: "Hm, he'll probably be out for a few hours. Let's come back and try to convince him after exploring a little bit more."

Cheese and Pektkeysis takes 20 to search for hidden doors in the A1-B2 room (22). If there are no other exits to the north hall, they will leave the bound kobold in A1, and then heads to K2.

Cheese unbars the door to K2, and bars the door to I2, and then heads into L2, with his kobold friend behind him and having cover.

Cheese has longsword in hand, and Pektkeysis has sling in hand. After the experience with the previous kobold, they've decided that they'll subdue first and diplomacy later.

If they see monsters in the south hall:

Cheese's Initiative: [roll2]
Pektkeysis's Inititiave: [roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-15, 12:12 AM
Nothing else of note in the room. Just a tied up kobold and a wooden treasure chest. No secret doors.

Once you open the door, you see a short, narrow, unlit, hallway, five feet in width, and twenty in length. Just over halfway down, a door leads to the left, while at the end, another door leads straight ahead.

No monsters here.

ghostaxe
2009-11-15, 01:55 PM
Retroactively, when I was at the northwest corner:

If the wooden treasure chest does not appear to be locked, I pry it open with a javelin. If it is locked, I ask my kobold friend to be very careful searching for traps (take 20, score = 22). If there are traps, I back up and try to set it off at a distance with a javelin. If there aren't any traps, I just open it.

Now, down the southern hall:

I ask Pektkeysis to hold a torch for me, and then I listen carefully near the door to the left (I guess that's east?).

Listen: [roll0]
Pektkeysis Listen: [roll1]

If we hear something, I motion for Pektkeysis to get behind me and then kick open the door. If we don't hear any sounds, we proceed to the door at the end of the hall and listen.

Listen: [roll2]
Pektkeysis Listen: [roll3]

Thelas
2009-11-16, 11:13 AM
No traps from the chest, so the loot is one potion of CLW and 20 gp.

And you hear yourself listening at a door for the south door. Nothing for the east one.

ghostaxe
2009-11-17, 05:51 PM
As promised, Cheese hands his kobold buddy 2 gp. "Why don't you hold onto this potion for now? Use it when you feel that it's necessary, but don't waste it. We might need that for emergencies."

Cheese kicks open the south door (could I get a map, please?), with Pektkeysis right behind him.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-20, 01:41 AM
Your kobold friend makes the gp vanish with ease, and takes the potion with care. Once you open the door, you see a short, narrow, unlit, hallway, five feet in width, and twenty in length. Just over halfway down, a door leads to the left, while at the end, another door leads straight ahead.

http://travislerol.com/D&D/NorthSouthDoors.jpg

ghostaxe
2009-11-20, 02:22 PM
Pektkeysis is carrying the lantern. I move to O2 and kick open the door, with Pektkeysis right behind me providing illumination and receiving cover.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 02:15 AM
In the center of a 15ft square dark room, an lone kobold is standing, wearing nothing but a floppy cloth hat, which bears the word "Sorrc" on it. You also note another wooden door in the center of the east wall.

You've managed to take him by surprise.

His init roll, just in case: [roll0]

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 02:19 AM
Right, partial charge for non-lethal damage.

Attack: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Init roll, just in case: [roll4]

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 02:20 AM
I guess it's up to me to take another attack.

Normal attack, non-lethal damage:

Attack: [roll0] (EDIT: this should get a +2 from kobold buddy flanking, so a 13)

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 02:22 AM
Oh, wait, my buddy also gets an attack.

Surprise round, move to flank the kobold with me.

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 02:24 AM
Kobold buddy also gets an attack in the first normal round before the enemy!

Attack (for lethal damage): [roll0] (spear, with flank)

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 03:59 AM
13'll just barely do it, so you manage to knock him unconscious. Kudos for kobold buddy!

+150 XP for each of you. Looting him while he's out, or taking some other action?

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 04:23 AM
Cheese curses his own lack of foresight for not having more rope on him, for when he needs to tie up multiple soon-to-be-allies. Cheese and his buddy will search the kobold sorcerer for treasure, and search the wooden chest for traps. If they don't find any traps, Cheese will then open the chest with a javelin, and take everything inside the chest.

The two of them will then trek back to A1, cut the silk rope into 4 12.5' fragments (I assume 12.5' is more than enough to tie up someone with?).

Pektkeysis will then bind both kobold captives, with Cheese assisting:

Pekt to tie kobold fodder: [roll0]
Cheese to assist: [roll1]

Pekt to tie kobold sorc: [roll2]
Cheese to assist: [roll3]

With the two kobolds now firmly tied up, Cheese will cast Lesser Vigor on the one wearing the "Sorrc" hat, and then try (with Pekt's help if necessary) to diplomacy the sorcerer into joining them.

EDIT: I haven't been keeping track of Pekt's experience points... should I be? Does Pekt also level up at 1000 xp and gain a class level of my choosing?

EDIT 2: Cheese has his longsword readied to bludgeon the kobold sorc if he tries anything funny.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 04:42 AM
Sounds good. He comes to consciousness in a bit, and begins saying something in an accusatory tone to Peyt in draconic.

OOC: I only give minions part of xp when they participate actively in combat, so I believe this is the first xp for Peyt. Yeah, keep tabs on how much he has, when he hits 1000, he can replace his racial hit die with a class level of your choice.

I don't think Thelas got into the details of the diplomacy rules, but Peyt is currently friendly to you(and hereafter, assume that rerolls on diplomacy will probably not work). Unless specified differently, I'll assume the standard 1 minute time to diplomacy for out-of-combat diplomacy checks, to avoid the nasty -10 modifier for single round diplomacy. Also, diplomacy will have some nasty negative modifiers if you don't share a language. Just a general FYI, so you know the mechanics of how it'll be working.

Edit: Further detail. So far as loyalty is concerned, they'll remain at their current status toward you unless something unusual happens. For example, you cheating them/acting violently toward them, or something they care about strongly(those in their tribe or race are likely to matter). There is also the possibility of them being subject to diplomacy from other NPCs, though that's subject to the exact same restrictions as you are. Additionally, there is a chance at every town that followers may opt to go off on their own path. This is negated by the leadership feat for the amount of minions/followers allowed by the feat. Excess followers are still subject to the above rules.

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 04:47 AM
What items did I find on the kobold sorc's body, and what in the chest? I'll proffer the kobold sorc's items back to him, as a sign of good faith (and hopefully earning a circumstance bonus on the Diplomacy check).

Does he speak common? If so, Cheese will make the Diplomacy roll, aided by Pekt. If not, Pekt will make the Diplomacy roll aided by Cheese.

If speak common:

Cheese Dip (I'm been waiting to say this forever! :smallbiggrin:): [roll0]
Pekt assist: [roll1]

If not speak common:

Pekt Dip: [roll2]
Cheese Assist: [roll3]

(of course, this doesn't count any circumstance modifiers I happen to get to hinting that he gets to live if he works with us, and he gets to die if he doesn't...)

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 04:53 AM
Oh, quick question regarding attitudes:

Pekt is currently friendly to me.. how much "bonding" is needed before I can try to make him "helpful" to me? (What is the difference between "friendly" and "helpful", if Pekt is already willing to fight on my side to get through this dungeon?)

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 04:54 AM
He doesn't speak common, but peyt manages to talk with him a bit, and due to a bonus for sharing a race, get him upgraded from hostile to unfriendly.

His items consisted of his hat, 100 SP.

Threats would fall under bluff or intimidate, I'm afraid. Any bonuses from that would be represented by synergy bonuses.

There's no chest in the Sorc room, Im afraid.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 04:58 AM
Oh, quick question regarding attitudes:

Pekt is currently friendly to me.. how much "bonding" is needed before I can try to make him "helpful" to me? (What is the difference between "friendly" and "helpful", if Pekt is already willing to fight on my side to get through this dungeon?)

Essentially, loyalty. Pekt is willing to fight with you in part because of circumstances. In short...he wants to get out of here too. A better bond will generally result in someone willing to take more risks for you, and is less likely to leave if another good option presents itself.

Whenever he levels seems like a fair chance to make another check, as it would represent the two of you possibly becoming closer due to your shared struggles.

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 05:03 AM
Hm.. sorry, just a few more questions about Diplomacy. He started off at Hostile, even though I took the trouble to deal non-lethal damage to him and bind him, and then heal him up to full health? Is there any way to start an enemy off at something better than "Hostile?" The 35 DC to go from Hostile to Friendly is pretty stiff, if I can't try this in multiple stages...

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 05:07 AM
It is pretty tough. Anything that's attacking you on sight(ie, almost everything in here), can be presumed to be hostile. Unfortunately, while he no doubt prefers being captured and healed to being dead, he still doesn't necessarily like or trust you.

However, just getting him to Unfriendly is sufficient to get him out of "kill you on sight" levels of anger, and you can make individual diplomacy, bluff, or intimidate checks to try to convince him to do certain actions. Obviously, the more reasonable the suggestion, the easier it'll be.

ghostaxe
2009-11-21, 05:20 AM
OK, that should be good enough to work with. (BTW, I know what second level spell I'll be spamming when I hit level 3.. Divine Insight!)

Cheese tells Pekt to translate for him.

"Look, I know you don't trust me. And honestly, I wouldn't if I were in your shoes either. But, see here, we were all thrown into this dungeon against our will, and the more of us band together, the more likely that all of us survive until we get to some town or other. I could let you wander off on your own. But if you do wander off on your own, what do you think the odds are that you'll prevail against the next orc or ghoul that shows up? If you work with us though, we stand a chance together. To get out in one piece. I won't force you against your will to stay with us, but I honestly think it's your best choice. So tell me your decision. Will you work with us, and keep your 100 sp and pointy hat, or will you walk away on your own, to be devoured by the next dungeon denizen?"

Pekt Diplomacy: [roll0]
Cheese Assist: [roll1]

Thelas
2009-11-23, 05:36 PM
You know what...
I'm going to rule that, instead, as you diplomancing with his assist.
That gets you an 11... wow. Let's see what circumstance bonuses you can get, though.
+1 Pekt sharing race
+3 him going to die if by himself.

Fifteen. He will stand back and cast magic missile and stuff, but will run away at the first sign of actual major risk.

ghostaxe
2009-11-23, 11:39 PM
Good enough for Cheese. He will rest there for the 6 hours or so necessary for the other kobold to shake off the nonlethal damage, and try the a similar routine with the other kobold.

Cheese Dip: [roll0]
Pekt Assist: [roll1]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 12:49 AM
Sorry to overrule, Thelas, but he unfortunately can't use his skill directly when talking if he doesn't share a language. I'll post a detailed writeup on how diplomacy works by RAW in the admin section.

However, even a poor roll isn't an automatic failure, as it's an opposed roll. This kobold having a whopping +1 cha, and no dipomacy ranks, plus Team Cleric getting +2 assist bonus and +2 circumstance bonus for a reasonable suggestion, leave it possible that they'll be successful.

His untrained diplomacy roll: [roll0]

If it fails, since this falls under the negotiation bit, you can retry, provided you are negotiating for something else(typically, sweetening the deal and trying again). And of course, you can try on the other kobold as well.

Edit: Yeah, thats still enough to make it fail unfortunately. Sorry.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 12:52 AM
The good news is that the other kobold automatically improves to unfriendly, thanks to using Peyt's roll as primary.

ghostaxe
2009-11-24, 02:05 AM
Hm.. OK, first things first, with the kobold Sorrc. I ask Pekt what he thinks we should do with the kobold sorc, who has proven unwilling to help out despite trying our best to be polite. I'll subtly probe if Pekt would object to my attempting to scare the Sorrc a little. If not, Cheese will tell Pekt to shout and interrupt at the last second possible, to try to convince the sorc a second time, after the following charade:

Cheese draws out his longsword, and stabs the wall, about an inch away from his neck. Cheese leaves the sword stuck in the wall momentarily, and then picks up the floppy "Sorrc" hat, and puts it on. Cheese takes the 200 sp found on the kobold sorc, and divides out 20 sp and gives it to Pekt. Cheese then grins maniacally as he pulls out the sword from the wall, raises it high, and then swings it down toward the kobold sorcerer's head. Cheese stops mid-swing at Pekt's cry. Pekt will then fake-argue with me for a little while, before attempting to try to convince the kobold sorc a second time.

OOC: So, I guess Team Cleric is attempting two different checks here? One Intimidate, and then one Diplomacy after the mid-swing charade. Since Pekt is playing the good cop while Cheese is playing the bad cop, there are no assists.

Cheese Intimidate: [roll0] (Included size bonus)

Pekt Diplomacy: [roll1]

EDIT: Wow, the roller really doesn't want me to have a sorcerer companion.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 12:43 PM
Pekt is willing to do that, on the basis that he'd like another kobold to come along with him, but unfortunately, it's not working out well.

What do you do with Regular Kobold #2 after getting him boosted to unfriendly?

ghostaxe
2009-11-24, 10:58 PM
Granted it's not very high, but doesn't the kobold sorc need to roll to resist intimidation? It's 1d20+WISmod+HD, against DC 9 (since I win with a better mod on tie at 8).

(Pekt and Cheese are going to resolve things one way or another with the sorc before trying with the other kobold, but if you want to do a Lake-House type time simultaneity thing...

Pekt Dip, asking other kobold to join: [roll0]
Cheese Assist, asking other kobold to join: [roll1]

If that fails,

Cheese Intimidate, same procedure as with Sorc: [roll2]
Pekt Dip, same procedure as with Sorc: [roll3]

--end forward time--)

EDIT: Wow, my kobold buddy is really incompetent with this whole Diplomacy thing.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 11:10 PM
Kobold sorc's roll vs intimidate: [roll0] wis penalty cancels hit die bonus.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 11:11 PM
Regular kobolds diplomacy roll: [roll0]

If that fails, on to anti-intimidate check. [roll1]

Nothing else works, but you do manage to intimidate the regular kobold into grudgingly accompanying you.

ghostaxe
2009-11-24, 11:50 PM
Well, I wouldn't want the kobold sorc to stab me in the back, so Cheese will take his longsword, and knock the kobold sorc far far FAR into the land of the unconscious.

(I'm guessing attack rolls really aren't necessary since he's unarmored and bound, but I'll roll them anyway.)

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 4: [roll6]
Damage 4: [roll7] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 5: [roll8]
Damage 5: [roll9] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 6: [roll10]
Damage 6: [roll11] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 7: [roll12]
Damage 7: [roll13] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 8: [roll14]
Damage 8: [roll15] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 9: [roll16]
Damage 9: [roll17] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

Attack 10: [roll18]
Damage 10: [roll19] (non-lethal, wielding longsword 2-handed)

The trio of human plus 2 kobolds will go on exploring, moving to square P2. Pekt is holding a spear in one hand and a lantern in the other. Kobold #2 is just holding a spear.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-25, 04:24 PM
Oh, he's very unconcious. Peyt checks to make sure he's not actually dead after all that thumping, but he's still breathing.

Cool, P2 is just inside the room you found the sorc in.

ghostaxe
2009-11-26, 01:40 AM
There was another door leading out from that room, right? Cheese kicks it down with longsword and shield in hand. Pekt and kobold #2 are right behind me, with Pekt providing illumination from lantern.

Initiative rolls:

Cheese: [roll0]
Pekt: [roll1]
kobold #2: [roll2]

Thelas
2009-11-26, 08:52 AM
You enter a 15ft by 15ft room, with two Orcs inside(S1, Q6). There is a door on the far side.

((I think that's where you are...))

Initiative:
[roll0] (S1)
[roll1] (Q6)

Thelas
2009-11-26, 08:53 AM
Okay then. The orc that won initiative will move up and whack whoever's at point (you, I assume)
[roll0] [roll1]

ghostaxe
2009-11-26, 01:34 PM
Wait, S1 and Q6? In a 15x15 room? Uh, do you mean Q2? (I'm a bit confused.. maybe map?)

Anyways, Pekt will delay until Cheese moves, so other orc's turn.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-28, 12:10 PM
Good catch, that was a mislisted position on the GMs guide. It's S5

http://travislerol.com/D&D/BigSWQuadrant.jpg

Tyndmyr
2009-11-28, 12:13 PM
Q6 orc charges to R4, and takes a swing at you with his falchion. AoO as appropriate.

[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

ghostaxe
2009-11-29, 12:24 AM
Ouch, that would hit, and Cheese is in the negatives, but still awake and fighting.

Clarification, please, before continuing. I'm assuming from the context that Cheese is in R3. Where are the two orcs? The first orc moved and attacked me (but failed.. from Thelas's post), so he should already be in R4 (since Q4 and S4 are around corners, and IIRC characters can't attack around corners). So... are the two orcs squeezing in R4?

Thelas
2009-12-04, 07:44 AM
Hmm... okay, continuity fixing time.
The first orc moves to S4, not S5.
This would give him a 20% miss chance, I believe, but that won't matter, because he missed anyways.