PDA

View Full Version : I needs a baddie...

Saint GoH
2009-11-04, 01:48 AM
Alright GitP, I've lurked these forum's for months....and I've finally joined now that I have problems :smallbiggrin:

As the title says.... I need me a big, bad, nasty, ugly Antagonist for a 3.5e tabletop game.

I'm talkin' the whole 9 yards here. Go crazy with templates, obscure builds (just tell me where to find em haha). Only pre-req's: No tarrasque's. I need an intelligent BBEG that can fairly easily blend into society with as little magic as possible. Therefore, if yer gonna use templates, please avoid too many major physical changes.

Pretty much that's it.... try and keep the CR somewhere in the 18-22 area... Or heck, if yer feelin adventurous, go ahead and make around a lvl 30 epic baddie, and a lieutenant or some-such.

Go for it.

PS As a side note, I really like the Spellwarped Template found here (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf).

Cracklord
2009-11-04, 01:51 AM
Does he have a goal, an ambition or a masterplan? Or are we expected to come up with the motive and backstory too?

Saint GoH
2009-11-04, 02:18 AM
Siiiiiiighhhhh....

It definitely makes sense, and right now I won't lie I don't have a solid backstory. What I do have is a island state, split nearly in half by Blight (similar to the Oriental Adventures Blight, with my own special touches.). Baddie obviously rules from his keep from within the blight, and although the actual War has "ended" the baddie has been building forces ever since.

Essentially the PC's begin to uncover a series of plots that are bent on undermining society of the "healthy" from the inside out.

I guess I want the BBEG to be a charismatic fellow, one that when you first meet him you figure he isn't that bad. He has a smooth style, and while he is bitter deep down (I'm thinking perhaps he was the leader of the island in ancient history?) he masks it well with friendly words, and evil actions.

Am I even helping here? Definitely feel like I'm rambling....