PDA

View Full Version : How the heck does this stupid DVR work?????

Gamerlord
2009-11-04, 06:31 PM
Okay since my family just moved and our current internet and tv program is a piece of junk we got that shiny new Verizon FIOS( whatever the heck that means) that has free DVR, HOORAY,I NEVER USED A DVR BEFORE! The problem is, I can't figure out how to record a single darn show!!! The thing that I am guessing is a DVR box is plugged in, anyone know what might be wrong, I tried to read the user guide, did what it says, doesn't seem to do anything, I need to figure out how to work this before 9:00 happens, I need to record a show, anyone know what might be wrong with it?

tribble
2009-11-04, 07:30 PM
well, there should be a recording button on your new cable remote. there's a pause button on mine, pressing it automatically records the show.

you may want to repost on a faster set of boards, by the by.

Gamerlord
2009-11-04, 07:43 PM
I pressed the "record"button, but the green check that is supposed to appear near the show listing doesn't appear.

Zeb The Troll
2009-11-06, 03:47 AM
Almost everything is done with the giant OK button in the middle. If you're in the DVR menu, you should be able to keep highlighting obvious choices in the context menus that come up and press the Big Green Button to keep going or confirm. I can't say specifically the process right now because a) Alarra usually does the DVR'ing in our house, and b) I'm at work, not able to look at said menus.

Gamerlord
2009-11-06, 04:19 PM
No,nothing comes up for me to confirm, pressing the "REC" button simply sets a reminder for when the show starts.

Zeb The Troll
2009-11-06, 07:38 PM
Okay, let me see if I can remember how this works...

Start by pressing the blue DVR button on your remote. This brings you to a menu.
Go to "Create Recording", press OK button.
Follow context menus as appropriate from there.

I believe the Record button is only useful for shows already in progress.

Hope this helps.

Gamerlord
2009-11-06, 08:55 PM
I checked the DVR button, it doesn't show any "create recording" thing, but maybe I should study it further.

Zeb The Troll
2009-11-09, 02:19 AM
Weird, when I press that button, it's the top of the menu that comes up.