PDA

View Full Version : Divine Trickster - PEACH (NO FLUFF YET)

Lord of Syntax
2009-11-04, 08:16 PM
(Please, be kind this is my first try)
Divine Trickster

Requirements:
Spells: Must have the ability to cast 3rd level divine spells
Special: Sneak Attack 2d6, Ability to turn/rebuke undead
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Invisibility, Sneak Attack +1d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Extra Domain (Trickery), Sneak Attack +2d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Impromptu sneak attack 1/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Sneak Attack +3d6, Extra Domain (Chaos)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Impromptu sneak attack 2/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Sneak Attack +4d6|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|Bonus Feat (Reach Spell), Greater Invisibility|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Sneak Attack +5d6, Extra Domain (Luck)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Impromptu sneak attack 3/day, Bonus Feat (Divine Metamagic: Reach Spell)|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+7/+1|
+3|
+7|
+7|Sneak Attack +6d6, Divine Sneak Attack|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Invisibility (Su): Class Level/day, a Divine Trickster may become invisible as the spell Invisibility with a caster level equal to his Divine Trickster level plus his Wisdom Modifier.

Sneak Attack: This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by +1d6 every other level plus first (1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th). If an Divine Trickster gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Extra Domain: At 2nd level, a Divine Trickster gains the Trickery domain if he does not already have it.

At 4th level he gains the Chaos domain.

At 8th level he gains the Luck domain.

Impromptu Sneak Attack: Beginning at 3rd level, once per day an divine trickster can declare one melee or ranged attack he makes to be a sneak attack (the target can be no more than 30 feet distant if the impromptu sneak attack is a ranged attack). The target of an impromptu sneak attack loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, but only against that attack. The power can be used against any target, but creatures that are not subject to critical hits take no extra damage (though they still lose any Dexterity bonus to AC against the attack).

At 5th level, an divine trickster can use this ability twice per day.

At 9th level, an divine trickster can use this ability three times per day.

Bonus Feat: At 7th level a Divine Trickster gets Reach Spell if he does not have it.

At 9th level he gets Divine Metamagic: Reach Spell if he does not already have it.

Greater Invisibility (Su): As Invisibility, but functions as Greater Invisibility.

Divine Sneak Attack: By expending a turning attempt a divine trickster can cast on his weapon any spell with a range of touch and have the spell effect the creature sneak attacked.

Temotei
2009-11-10, 02:06 AM
(Please, be kind this is my first try)

I was under the impression that people liked to cry when they say PEACH. Hm. :smalltongue:

Firstly, get rid of the spoiler. It's discouraging to open a thread to look at a class, then have to open a spoiler to look at that class.

Invisibility seems really powerful, especially when upgraded later to greater invisibility. Class levels/day for a 2nd level spell? Sure, the caster level might be lower than your character level...usually...but it just seems a little unbalanced.

When the divine trickster gains a new domain, do you intend to add the special abilities that come with the new domain as well?

Divine Sneak Attack: By expending a turning attempt a divine trickster can cast on his weapon any spell with a range of touch and have the spell effect the creature sneak attacked.

Holy crap. But then again, by the time you get 10 levels in this class, and have the requirements (3 rogue, 5 cleric (or 11 paladin, but that takes you into epic levels)), you should have a good capstone to make your day. To clarify, does the casting of the touch spell happen instantaneously, upon hitting with a sneak attack, or does the divine trickster have to cast it beforehand on their weapon, then when a sneak attack comes, it discharges? Or, do they cast it beforehand and hope the next attack is a sneak attack?

Lastly, you need hit die, skills per level, weapon proficiencies, armor proficiencies, class skills, and you should probably describe the meaning of the spells column. Oh, and what is "<br>"?

EDIT: Also, note that the divine trickster is most likely more powerful than the arcane trickster. It seems so to me anyways.

DragoonWraith
2009-11-10, 02:42 AM
You should change "+1 to existing spellcasting class" to "+1 to existing divine spellcasting class". Be weird if the Divine Trickster advanced Arcane spellcasting....

Firstly, get rid of the spoiler. It's discouraging to open a thread to look at a class, then have to open a spoiler to look at that class.
Agreed.

Invisibility seems really powerful, especially when upgraded later to greater invisibility. Class levels/day for a 2nd level spell? Sure, the caster level might be lower than your character level...usually...but it just seems a little unbalanced.
Agreed, it's usable a bit too often. Half of the class level per day sounds more reasonable.

Holy crap. But then again, by the time you get 10 levels in this class, and have the requirements (3 rogue, 5 cleric (or 11 paladin, but that takes you into epic levels)), you should have a good capstone to make your day. To clarify, does the casting of the touch spell happen instantaneously, upon hitting with a sneak attack, or does the divine trickster have to cast it beforehand on their weapon, then when a sneak attack comes, it discharges? Or, do they cast it beforehand and hope the next attack is a sneak attack?
If it's either of the latter, it's useless. You can do that with Smiting Spell. It's a reasonable capstone, I think.

Oh, and what is "<br>"?
HTML code to insert a line break. In the forum code, you use [ and ] instead, but when you do that it replaces it with the HTML, so when you preview or edit it ruins it. You need to constantly change them back to square brackets, which is annoying, but necessary as a consequence of how it was coded (or so the admins told me when I asked).

Also, note that the divine trickster is most likely more powerful than the arcane trickster. It seems so to me anyways.
Arcane Trickster is an underpowered PrC though, so that's not really a major problem.

Temotei
2009-11-10, 02:59 AM
You should change "+1 to existing spellcasting class" to "+1 to existing divine spellcasting class". Be weird if the Divine Trickster advanced Arcane spellcasting....

True dat.

Half of the class level per day sounds more reasonable.

Indeed.

If it's either of the latter, it's useless. You can do that with Smiting Spell. It's a reasonable capstone, I think.

Yeah, that's basically what I said, only I had a long, drawn-out section dedicated to saying that, then asking for clarification on what Limecat meant. :smallsmile:

HTML code to insert a line break. In the forum code, you use [ and ] instead, but when you do that it replaces it with the HTML, so when you preview or edit it ruins it. You need to constantly change them back to square brackets, which is annoying, but necessary as a consequence of how it was coded (or so the admins told me when I asked).

It makes sense now. I saw that in the code when I took it from
Fax Celestis' Guide to Homebrewing, and I was confused then, too.

Arcane Trickster is an underpowered PrC though, so that's not really a major problem.

Agreed. If this class is to be used, though, the arcane trickster should be powered up a bit. A future fix for Mr. Limecat? :smallwink: