PDA

View Full Version : You are on your computer, surfing these forums...

TFT
2009-11-05, 02:20 AM
...when you find out that the zombie apocolypse has started. It has been confirmed that people with zombielike attributes are here, they are spreading, and you only have a day or two to get ready. What do you do?

I personally would get some people from my school(probably 4-5 people) to get all the supplies they could and get to the best defensive spot.(the one with the fewest windows and doors, and the most space) I would make sure that we had enough supplies and weapons, and wait for the first zombies to come.

So, what are your well thought out zombie plans? Because, as we all know, zombies are serious business.:smallwink:

billtodamax
2009-11-05, 02:24 AM
Hmm...

I think I'd start by laughing at you from my island. Then join the petition to quarantine any planes coming in to the country from the effected area.

SurlySeraph
2009-11-05, 02:28 AM
Grab all my cash, pawn my backup computer and all the nice clothing I have, get to the airport or harbor and buy a ticket/bribe a pilot to get to a continent that doesn't have the plague yet. Once I'm there I'll have more time to prepare in case the plague spreads there and I can probably get a good job with a anti-zombie organization giving lectures on the urgency of the threat and tugging at the audience's heartstrings.

AstralFire
2009-11-05, 02:30 AM
Continue to surf the internet and expect the competence of Modern Civilization in a crisis (despite - or perhaps because of the constant and biting media criticism it will take) to handle it just fine.

Possibly board the doors and windows.

billtodamax
2009-11-05, 02:30 AM
Okay, but don't try to come to Australia. You'll be quarantined. :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2009-11-05, 02:37 AM

But you already have more poisonous animals than are actually native to Earth in your country. What the hell are you scared of zombie plague for? It can't possibly be as painful as stonefish or irukandji stings.

skywalker
2009-11-05, 02:39 AM

This happens on a completely normal day anyway. :smallwink:

I would go find some money and buy a plane ticket to Hawaii, preferably for tomorrow. Then I would sleep. Sleep is always forgotten in a crisis, but so necessary.

Lioness
2009-11-05, 02:39 AM
Oh noes. I have no apocalypse plan.

Maybe that's why Facebook said I'd die within a week.

RS14
2009-11-05, 02:40 AM
I personally would get some people from my school(probably 4-5 people) to get all the supplies they could and get to the best defensive spot.(the one with the fewest windows and doors, and the most space) I would make sure that we had enough supplies and weapons, and wait for the first zombies to come.

That's exactly what everyone else will do. Unless you already have supplies stockpiled, you might as well go ahead and kill yourself.

Personally, I'd try to borrow a shovel, buckets, and wheelbarrow and start sealing myself up with others in a room upstairs in my dorm. The walls are concrete, the doors are steel, and a few hundred pounds of improvised sandbags should seal it pretty nicely.

The issue is food, of which we have very little stockpiled. I understand that my college has a three day supply for emergencies, but most likely I would try to buy what food remains.

Weapons won't be very helpful. I don't have the firepower. I'm in a city, and will quite possibly be outnumbered. Maybe someday I'll get the Vickers .303 water-cooled that I've always dreamed of, but with just a wrench and a pocket-knife, I'm not going to be able to do anything more than kill myself if things become hopeless. Holed up in a room, there is at least some chance that we can survive while the army comes through and kills them all.

billtodamax
2009-11-05, 02:43 AM
But you already have more poisonous animals than are actually native to Earth in your country. What the hell are you scared of zombie plague for? It can't possibly be as painful as stonefish or irukandji stings.

You eventually get used to those. Stonefish still sting a bit though. :smalltongue:

It's the drop-bears you really have to watch out for. Vicious buggers.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-11-05, 02:48 AM
...when you find out that the zombie apocolypse has started. It has been confirmed that people with zombielike attributes are here, they are spreading, and you only have a day or two to get ready. What do you do?

So, what are your well thought out zombie plans? Because, as we all know, zombies are serious business.:smallwink:

Be glad I live in what is effectively a gated community with armed guards? Be especially happy that those of us who aren't armed guards also have weapons training and can reasonably be expected to be given a firearm and told to shoot at the zeds.

Also: Warships are the best places to retreat to. Like those things we have in the bay.
Just sayin'.

TFT
2009-11-05, 02:49 AM
That's exactly what everyone else will do. Unless you already have supplies stockpiled, you might as well go ahead and kill yourself.

I think you are confused as to how much food my house has and the fact that the average population staying at home(honestly, if the military says that they have a "safe area", which at least in America they will, who is going to stay home?)

Also: Our plans aren't much different, yours only has more details. :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-05, 03:15 AM
What would I do? Nothing.

Why?

...because we have basic armaments here, and my house is the designated retreat for the zombie apocalypse, for my group of friends. When they show up, then we start fortifying. I'd like to have someone watch my back while I board things up, yeah? =P

Generic Archer
2009-11-05, 03:19 AM
Stockpile/loot food, weaponry. Head to a friend's farm in the mountains, fortify the place. We have food, water, weaponry and the ability to get more food and water, limit number of people to 15 ish. Any more than that and we will get killed. Only problem is petrol, stock will be rather limited.

Dane

Jølly
2009-11-05, 04:27 AM
I'd get my friends if I can and just drive out into the country. Avoid going to places that used to have big populations unless necessary. I'd rather be out in the middle of nowhere than barricaded and surrounded by zombies for who knows how long. :smalleek:

golentan
2009-11-05, 04:35 AM
In the event of a basic zombie outbreak, my plans involve bringing a shotgun with me as I go to sign up with the local defense forces and provide refugee and quarantine services.

In the event of a full fledged zombie apocalypse, I and as many people as we can fit on the boat (The team consists of 30 people, we have space for an additional 50 refugees, preference given to children first, families second) with adequate food supplies take to the ocean, moving north on the grounds that most zombies lack either the body heat or intelligence to remain active above the arctic circle. When necessary we go scavenging for food in full fire teams with quarantine protocols in the event of potential exposure.

Shikton
2009-11-05, 05:06 AM
Are they slow moving zombies or quick buggers?

Pika...
2009-11-05, 05:16 AM
Pray to the dark gods for the ability to rebuke the undead, so that they may instruct me in leading their mindless hoards in a more strategic and effective manner to do their bidding on this mortals covered world. I would then do as I am told, and if allowed would set up a small cult of living followers to teach in the ways of the dark gods, and so we can breed living souls devoted to the dark gods to continue their work on Earth.

Isak
2009-11-05, 05:20 AM
Also: Warships are the best places to retreat to. Like those things we have in the bay.
Just sayin'.

My thoughts exactly. While I have no real weapons experience, I do live near the Groton submarine base in Connecticut. While I am under no impression that I could pilot a submarine, I do think opening a hatch would be simple enough.

During a Zombie Apocalypse, I doubt anyone would mind if I holed up in a nuclear submarine for an undefined amount of time. Just remove any docking materials from the dock itself, so that only I can get across onto the submarine, and I'm all set. Submarines tend to have lots of food available, and are large enough that I could move around should it be breached, barricading as needed.

thubby
2009-11-05, 05:46 AM
run off into the pennsylvania woods.

KuReshtin
2009-11-05, 06:15 AM
I'd stay at my computer, giving minute-by-minute updates on how the zombies are walking around outside. Then I'd raid the vending machine. :smallwink:

Lorn
2009-11-05, 06:17 AM
Pack a bag containing water, food, some spare clothes.

Pick up the crowbar that lives beside my bed.

Meet up with a group of people who actually have the faintest idea what they are doing because they do not put all their faith in guns.

Run. Find an island somewhere or something. Or a boat... or an oil rig. The last would be ideal. Supplies would need stockpiling, though. Most of the few days would be spent running backwards and forwards to mainland getting more.

Dihan
2009-11-05, 06:25 AM
I'd just complain about the weather like a true Brit. I'm also surrounded by mountains so it depends if zombies are good mountain climbers.

Eldan
2009-11-05, 07:38 AM
I live in a country where, until a few years ago (some time after the end of the cold war) every house was required, by law, to have a well stocked bomb shelter.

So, hah! :smalltongue:

OverdrivePrime
2009-11-05, 07:50 AM
Zip over to the hardware store, pick up an extra hammer (for the zombies), ten pounds of jerky, and a few extra sheets of playwood. Charge it.
Zip over to the camping store, stock up on fuel, a few extra tarps, waterproof clothes, dehydrated food, iron rations (cliff bars) and an extra kayak with a hatch cover. Charge it.
Zip over to the archery store and pick up the baddest, most durable bow I can comfortably wield, as well as one for my wife, and stock up on hunting arrows. (for animals and feral humans, not zombies)
Board up the house and leave a few notes that the house is boobytrapped so don't bother trying to come here for safety. I won't bother boobytrapping the place though. That's wasted effort.
Pack the gear and head OUT with a collection of like-minded friends. Best sanctuary I know of is up North - Isle Royale in Lake Superior. It'll be a cold, shivery winter up there, but there's plenty of shelter, food and fuel to get us through. Better yet, there are only two places for ships potentially carrying zombies to arrive, so they can be searched and eliminated easily enough.

Mauve Shirt
2009-11-05, 08:07 AM
I recently wrote a whole plan for surviving the zombie apocalypse should it occur on the UMW campus.

Jack Squat
2009-11-05, 08:16 AM
Well, right now I'm sitting in class, approx. .5 miles from my car. I'd leave all my stuff here and make a dash for it. From experience, this should take 2 1/2-3 minutes (what I've lost from not keeping up with track practice will no doubt be gained back my pure fear/adrenaline).

From there, I'd drive back to my house, maybe stopping by Wal-Mart on the way up to top off some supplies (ammo) before the big rush hits. That plan really depends on how close the outbreak is, and if it's hit any major news stations yet. I'm not going to put myself in the middle of a frantic raid for a couple boxes of .22.

At my house, we've got an assortment of weaponry and supplies that could theoretically last us about a week, maybe a little longer depending on how full the pantry is. After that point, either the Military will have started quarantine and refugee camps, or the legalities of raiding (and pretty much anything) won't matter anymore. At which point, my plan switches to begin scavenging and trying to hedge the horde's population.

bosssmiley
2009-11-05, 09:24 AM
I live in a country where, until a few years ago (some time after the end of the cold war) every house was required, by law, to have a well stocked bomb shelter.

So, hah! :smalltongue:

It's also an unbendable rule of speculative fiction scenarios that Switzerland always remains unconquered. The rest of the world might have been overrun by magitech nazis, or alien space bats, or the revived British Empire ("Heil Britannia!"), or what ever, but "Switzerland stay Switzerland, dawg" (after Bunk Morland).

Something to do with every household having firearms, all those mined bridges and viaducts, and the vast array of weaponised cuckoo clocks and tank trap chocolate bars they produce. :smallwink:

Oh, btw: least relevant thread title EVER.

Hadessniper
2009-11-05, 01:52 PM
I was just thinking about this because some of my short sighted friends said that walmart would be the place to go in case of a zombie apocalypse. I pointed out that is would be a temporary respite at best, but they insisted that would be the place they would hold out. I will make sure to remember that when I am forced to kill their undead husks.

My plan to survive the coming zombie outbreak relies on a bit of local trivia that I know. A few years ago some rich doctor turned his farmhouse into a castle keep about 2 miles from my house. It's highly defensible, it has a wood burning heating system, it's rural so you get less zombie foot traffic, and it's surrounded by rich farmland.

So I would load up on guns, ammo, hunting bows, melee weapons, medicine, seeds, gas, nonperishable canned food, building supplies, books on carpentry, home repair, first aid, how to preserve food, and edible and medicinal wild plants of the Midwest. I would then take a group of 4-6 people to the castle and ether kill the zombie residents or offer our help and supplies in exchange for shelter. We would then upgrade castle with what defenses we could in a short time and wait out the rough first few months, eating the fresher food still left.

During the low traffic times we would start on clearing the 10-30 feet area around the castle of all cover, effectively creating a killing field for any undead coming up to our shelter and stocking us up on firewood for winter. The next spring we would start farming a few acres of the nearby land with at least one dedicated armed guard watching the backs of the farmers at all times. We would also start construction on an outer wall and possibly a mote of some kind.

From there we have a fairly good base and can start further scouting missions looking for other survivors and supplies.

RS14
2009-11-05, 03:13 PM
I think you are confused as to how much food my house has and the fact that the average population staying at home(honestly, if the military says that they have a "safe area", which at least in America they will, who is going to stay home?)

Also: Our plans aren't much different, yours only has more details. :smalltongue:

You stated that you would "get all the supplies they could and get to the best defensive spot," thus I assumed you had no pre-existing stockpile. There will be intense demand for all remaining supplies. Most people do not have stockpiled food, and will go out and try to get what remains before the zombies arrive. It is unlikely that you will be able to get much, and may be killed over food and supplies.

As for a military safe-area, that's certainly a possibility. If available, then yes, I'll jump at the chance. Anything else is more likely to get you killed. But depending on how the apocalypse arrives, they may not be able to secure much of a safe area, and most likely will be unable to provide food for the refugees.

My plan is different in that I don't expect to be able to obtain much. A shovel and such shouldn't be in any great demand, as they are not obviously useful. There is plenty of dirt to go around, and clothing and any other fabric can be tied into an improvised stack. So dirt to barricade the door will be available.

I can also count on a room upstairs in my dorm. I have friends here, and I doubt they would leave me outside to be eaten.

My thoughts exactly. While I have no real weapons experience, I do live near the Groton submarine base in Connecticut. While I am under no impression that I could pilot a submarine, I do think opening a hatch would be simple enough.

During a Zombie Apocalypse, I doubt anyone would mind if I holed up in a nuclear submarine for an undefined amount of time. Just remove any docking materials from the dock itself, so that only I can get across onto the submarine, and I'm all set. Submarines tend to have lots of food available, and are large enough that I could move around should it be breached, barricading as needed.

In any Zombie event, they're probably going to go onto full alert. They will probably set sail, to be able to rapidly deploy or strike where necessary. Even if they don't, they will be expecting an ultimate victory, and be preparing for a world after the zombie event, when they still quite want to keep the details of their submarines secret from other foreign powers. I expect any attempt to force your way onto a sub will meet about as much luck as if you were to try it today--you'd be lucky if you didn't get shot.

Gamerlord
2009-11-05, 03:19 PM
I will let myself turn into a zombie, hunt down each and every one of you, and start my very own GITP zombie hoard :smalltongue:

golentan
2009-11-05, 03:21 PM
Agreed. Isak, I'd recommend seizing a fishing boat, barge, or other civilian oceangoing vessel. Sweep it for zombies first, of course. If you live nearby, you can join us if you promise not to go all shooty.

Though we may send off a few zombies ourselves to cries of things like "AAAAAH! MOTHERLAND!!!:smallfurious:" our general plan involves conservation of ammo and not having to be in shooty type situations.

Edit: @^^: ZombiesITP? ZombificationITP? FlesheatersITP?

Hadessniper
2009-11-05, 03:24 PM
All we want to do is eat your brains. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OARmqz48Mh0&feature) We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-11-05, 03:34 PM
Continue to surf the internet and expect the competence of Modern Civilization in a crisis (despite - or perhaps because of the constant and biting media criticism it will take) to handle it just fine.

Possibly board the doors and windows.

Probably this, but be scared constantly as I'm doing it.

Curse my high-school freshman budget for not being able to afford the island to wait out the apocalypse on!

Telonius
2009-11-05, 03:35 PM
I live in a rural area, so plenty of guns and ammunition to be had around here. There's a ready source of water (a river) nearby.

First item: Round up the survivors. Arm them all.

Second item: Secure a clear path to the river, then secure a food source.

Third item: Find out as much as possible about the zombies. Are they shamblers? Runners? Does a headshot kill them? Does the zombification seem to be spread by contact, spores, sickness, mystic powers? Do all dead rise as zombies, or is it zombie-to-human only? Is voodoo of any use against them, or do we have to kill them with fire? Toss a few in the river and see if they can swim. What's the timeframe for full zombification of an infected person?

Fourth item: Based on the information gained, plan your defensive strategy. If the zombies are runners, it'll be much more difficult. Swimmers will totally mess up a boat strategy.

Mando Knight
2009-11-05, 04:35 PM
...because we have basic armaments here, and my house is the designated retreat for the zombie apocalypse, for my group of friends.

My state is a designated retreat for the zombie apocalypse. Lax gun control laws in Missouri combined with large rural areas means that many citizens either own a shotgun (for hunting), or know several people who do. That and a nearby military base and a fiction-savvy university campus means that my area is relatively safe from the zombie apocalypse.

Gamerlord
2009-11-05, 04:43 PM
My state is a designated retreat for the zombie apocalypse. Lax gun control laws in Missouri combined with large rural areas means that many citizens either own a shotgun (for hunting), or know several people who do. That and a nearby military base and a fiction-savvy university campus means that my area is relatively safe from the zombie apocalypse.

FOOL! You have told soon-to-be-a-zombie gamerkid all about your hideout!

Soon my hoard shall come!

Dirk Kris
2009-11-05, 04:47 PM

Quarantined? On Australia? I think I could live with that. Anuan, I'm crashing at your place!

Kallisti
2009-11-05, 04:53 PM
Quarantined? On Australia? I think I could live with that.

This. Definitely this. I have enough money to buy a plane ticket, even if my whole family doesn't just pack up and go.

Mando Knight
2009-11-05, 05:13 PM

And you'll deal with a state full of AKs, M16s, shotguns, and people who know how to use them how?

Gamerlord
2009-11-05, 05:15 PM
And you'll deal with a state full of AKs, M16s, shotguns, and people who know how to use them how?

I myself will be an elite ninja-zombie, you fighting off that how?

Besides, with such a military genius leading them, my zombies can easily outsmart mortals!

Bouregard
2009-11-05, 05:27 PM

Ammunition is limited. Zombies not.

Sir Dar
2009-11-05, 05:50 PM
Heres my plan.Use my necromancer powers to rise a horde of zombies ,vampire,liches[liches don't miss with the liches],ghost, and other undead to kill/take over the world with.If my undead hordes don't kill you my magic will.

If somehow my necromancer powers don't or won't work plan p.

Worship a god of light and life then become a paladin .Used my new paladin powers and sword to send the undead hordes back to there graves with my holy rage.

If that fails plan b.Take all the food i can from my home with me and a weapon.any weapon will do.

Try to group up with others who are on the run from the undead hordes.Step 1:Get to some where hard for the undead hordes to reach.Step 2:Then set up things like walls and traps.If the undead do reach said place and we can;t hold it. we make a run for it and escape to some where new. Then keep doing steps one and 2 if this plan fails to many times.The group makes up a new plan.It will end with the horde dieing out or the group becoming zombies.

Plan w.Become a crazy old wizard that lives in a tower.that loves to cast fire base magic on any undead near by.Ward my tower so undead can't get in.Summon up minions to fight the undead if they disspell my wards or find a way a round them.

Is all ways a good idea to have a few plans just in case.

Phae Nymna
2009-11-05, 10:23 PM
I would call friend A and have him drive me and another friend B to friend A's house where I would borrow a pistol or a shotgun and I would shoot myself, having agreed on this course of action for this situation.

Thajocoth
2009-11-05, 10:31 PM
When/if the zombies reach me, just try to blend in. If successful, try to stay towards the front of the population in a direction, but not close enough to the front to get shot as they overtake areas. This way, if people start beating the zombies, I'll have enough time to drop to the ground, put my hands over my head and yell "Don't shoot me!" The zombies will be too busy dying at that point to bother with me.

If people never overtake the zombies, it'll be interesting to see what happens post-zombie apocalypse.

If the zombies don't seem to be falling for my ruse, I bite them. See how THEY like it!

Syka
2009-11-05, 10:54 PM
We're either going to the local police station or the local Walmart. We have a few friends on the police force, so we'd be able to get in and the building is pretty easy to fortify.

Taking over Walmart would be more difficult, but I know several people who work or worked there, and they know pretty much everyone else who works there, so we could probably just kick out all the customers and fortify from there. Power in numbers and all that.

That was the plan as discussed by my friends.

BizzaroStormy
2009-11-05, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry but it really depresses me that so many people are willing to go with the "I'll shoot myself in the head" method. You're just going to give up? Just like that? Not going to resist at all?

At least try to take a few dozen brain-eaters with you.

The plan discussed with my friend? Kill anything that moans and hungers for flesh. Bulldoze them, bludgeon them, shoot them, do something. I beleive I have the perfect quote for this.

"...Run, hide, or fight if you got the balls and the guns; but for god's sake don't go waving the white flag. They'll just strangle you with it." -Three Dog

golentan
2009-11-05, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry but it really depresses me that so many people are willing to go with the "I'll shoot myself in the head" method. You're just going to give up? Just like that? Not going to resist at all?

?

Has... has anyone said that? The worst I've hear are people claiming other's plans are suicidally flawed...

Though to be fair, if bitten "shoot yourself in the head" or "pull the pin out of a grenade, hold the lever and go for a late night zombie swarm jog" are the best options, depending on circumstance.

BizzaroStormy
2009-11-05, 11:28 PM
?

Has... has anyone said that? The worst I've hear are people claiming other's plans are suicidally flawed...

Though to be fair, if bitten "shoot yourself in the head" or "pull the pin out of a grenade, hold the lever and go for a late night zombie swarm jog" are the best options, depending on circumstance.

I'm talking about before being bitten. and i guess this guy.

I would call friend A and have him drive me and another friend B to friend A's house where I would borrow a pistol or a shotgun and I would shoot myself, having agreed on this course of action for this situation.

The Glyphstone
2009-11-05, 11:48 PM

And when he takes your hoard, he can buy more guns. You should have brought your zombie horde instead. didn't you learn anything from Redcloak and the MITD?.:smallbiggrin:

Blaine.Bush
2009-11-06, 12:35 AM
Ask my dad what to do.

Go, logger/fisherman/hunter/outdoorsman! I choose you!

It's super effective!

Or I could kill my family and then myself. Yes, I am that weaksauce.

I hate zombies.

skywalker
2009-11-06, 02:18 AM
Run. Find an island somewhere or something. Or a boat... or an oil rig. The last would be ideal. Supplies would need stockpiling, though. Most of the few days would be spent running backwards and forwards to mainland getting more.

Islands are better than oil rigs. Because they grow their own food. This is why I voted Hawaii. If you're going to wait out apocalypse, at least do it somewhere pleasant.

"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shooting stuff..." Don't bring Missouri weaksauce into a "whose state is most prepared to get shooty" contest. We already know that Tennessee beat the crap out of Texas and Alaska for that title by virtue of having more guns per person, and crazier guns.*

EDIT: Oh, and, I totally support killing yourself if it's a choice between that and zombiefication. Never submit!

*please note that these "stats" are completely made up, and bragging about the shootyness of one's state is not to be taken literally. There are lots of situations where this is a bad thing. At least we're prepared for the undead, I guess.

Gamerlord
2009-11-06, 04:23 PM
No "shooty" state can stand a chance against zombie hoards:

1.How the heck can you organize an ENTIRE STATE!!!!!
2.Some people WILL get bitten, by the time you get a group set up you guys could be all that is left.
3.the smallest scratch on somebody can spell DOOM!!!!
4. Once you run out of ammo, GAME OVER!

chiasaur11
2009-11-07, 09:53 PM
No "shooty" state can stand a chance against zombie hoards:

1.How the heck can you organize an ENTIRE STATE!!!!!
2.Some people WILL get bitten, by the time you get a group set up you guys could be all that is left.
3.the smallest scratch on somebody can spell DOOM!!!!
4. Once you run out of ammo, GAME OVER!

Okay. Someone's being silly. Slow zombies mean easy kills, there are more bullets than people in some states even excluding melee kills, you don't need the entire state in one group...

Me, I'm hitting Costco. Enough food to have some planning time, enough potatoes and space to start farming, built like a fort including sniping spots...

Should be good enough to hole up until the military mops up, assuming I'm on the right side of any quarantine zones.

Or, alternately: Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

Sneak
2009-11-07, 10:08 PM
What would I do?

Stay at home, keep a baseball bat with me, go about my life as usual, and probably get killed fairly quickly.

Just being honest here. :smalltongue:

quicker_comment
2009-11-07, 10:47 PM
My plan would be to use the first day or so to stockpile food by any means necessary, and then isolate myself entirely (barricading up my apartment -- I don't have a bunker handy) and wait until I hear radio reports that the crisis has been handled.

That'd be my plan. What would actually happen?

probably get killed fairly quickly.
This. I have no illusions that I'm particularly well suited to surviving Z-day.

Renegade Paladin
2009-11-07, 10:56 PM
I put my vampire plan into effect, because it's an obvious ruse to cover the bloodsuckers' long-awaited move. :smalltongue:

BritishBill
2009-11-08, 04:12 PM

you wouldnt get your family?? did they beat you as a child?

Yrcrazypa
2009-11-08, 05:04 PM
I'll likely be fine, I'm on a military base, and I am among the people with the most amount of money sunk into them. Really, global thermonuclear war is more of a certain death situation for me than zombies. You can shoot down zombies, and most of the people on this base can do that.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-08, 08:19 PM
Simple. I'd be glad I bought This. (http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/7838/)

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-09, 06:00 AM
Die horribly. There is seriously no place to hold out here.

golentan
2009-11-09, 06:26 AM
Die horribly. There is seriously no place to hold out here.

Oh come now. There's always some way to survive if you start planning early enough (yes, it's possible to back yourself into a 'failure is the only option' situation, but it's hard).

Quick checklist for you: Do you have any of the following within 20 miles of you: A military base, bunker or silo. A highway patrol station. A marina. A fortifiable building (low glass, easy choke points). A nice roof and a ladder. A road that leads to alaska and that won't catch side traffic from major cities? A prison (pref max security)?

If you answered no to all of these questions, get yourself a map.