PDA

View Full Version : Final Exams - Rasanna

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 05:28 AM
Rasanna, the Tricksy Gnome (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=164581)

You stand alone in a 5' column of light that seems to be shining down from high above. Surrounding you is only darkness. Your tests have begun; what do you do?

Your low-light vision does not show you anything beyond the square you're standing in.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-05, 08:57 AM
I use my short sword to feel around outside the column of light, trying to tell if there are any walls directly around me. If not, I move back 5', in case the reason I couldn't see is that the column of light was blinding me from seeing anywhere else.

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 09:17 AM
You don't feel anything with your sword. You move back 5', but it doesn't get any easier to see. There's a column of light in front of you, but for some reason none of it is helping to illuminate the surrounding area.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-05, 11:25 AM
I use my Dancing lights SLA and start sending the lights around the room to look around.

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 11:33 AM
As soon as your dancing lights appear, the column of light from above turns off. The dancing lights reveal that you are in an approximately 15' by 15' room carved out of uncut stone. The ceiling above is out of sight. There are no apparent entrances or exits. You have backed up towards the north wall, and are approximately near the center of it.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-05, 07:01 PM
A small empty room.... Well, At least it isn't a monster.

I begin carefully searching the room. First I check the floors, then the walls.

Hmm, this will take a lot of search checks.

Ill go floor->wall, clockwise, starting in the square I'm in, then I'll check the floor in the center, just in case.

Wow... 25 search checks, and dancing lights wont last long enough for me to just take the hour taking 20.

North Center Floor: [roll0]; Wall: [roll1];
NE Floor: [roll2]; North Wall: [roll3]; East Wall: [roll4]
E Center Floor: [roll5]; Wall: [roll6]
SE Floor: [roll7]; East Wall: [roll8]; South Wall:[roll9]
S Center Floor: [roll10]; Wall: [roll11]
SW Floor: [roll12]; South Wall: [roll13]; West Wall: [roll14]
W Center Floor: [roll15]; Wall: [roll16]
NW Floor: [roll17]; West Wall: [roll18]; North Wall: [roll19]
Center Floor: [roll20]

Even if I find something, I'll continue searching the whole area before acting.

brakisaurus
2009-11-05, 08:08 PM
2 Will saves, please

Evil the Cat
2009-11-05, 09:28 PM
2 Will saves, please

Lol, that got off to a quick start.

[roll0]
[roll1]

brakisaurus
2009-11-06, 10:15 AM
As you're stomping and poking around in the center area of the eastern wall, you notice the tip of your foot disappears INTO the wall. Being naturally incredulous as to how this happened, you realize that the lower 5' of that section of the wall is actually the opening of what appears to be a tunnel, five feet in diameter.. Crouching down, you can see that it extends about 20' before curving off to the right. It appears to be made of the same type of stone as the walls of the room you're standing in.

---

You can roll Knowledge(Dungeoneering) or Knowledge(Arch & Eng) if you have them.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-06, 10:49 AM
I don't really need to crouch, I'm 3' tall. :smallsmile:

Nope, I don't have those knowledges.

Well, this looks promising.... I bet there's a trap.

* I look for something at random to throw down the hall, If there's nothing to be found, I'll throw an unlit torch. If nothing happens, I'll begin sneaking down the hall, looking for traps along the way, picking my torch back up when I get to it.

H: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]

Some Search rolls.

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 12:59 PM
((Right-o on the crouch thing. Some of these descriptions are pre-written and copypasted for the sake of expediency, and I missed changing that one.

Also, note that Dancing Lights only has a duration of 1 minute. You still found the tunnel before they went out, though.))

You don't remember there being anything around to throw down the hallway. You chuck an unlit torch down it. It sounds like it bounces a few times, then rolls to a stop. You can't see anything.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-07, 02:02 PM
I'll cast Dancing Lights, then head down the hall as previously planned (before it went all dark on me).

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:10 PM
Progressing carefully down the hallway, you make it about 10' before you notice something unusual. A small patch of ground, maybe 2 feet across, just ahead appears to be slightly different than the rest. Toeing it carefully, the section collapses into a pit.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-07, 02:20 PM
* I look down the pit, checking both the depth, and if there's anything down below.

Search
[roll0]

Ah Ha! I knew there was a trap!

brakisaurus
2009-11-07, 02:29 PM
OOC:

I'm going to treat your Search roll as a Spot check for the sake of expediency since you can't actually Search the pit without going down into it, with the appropriate modifier bringing it to a result of 17.

The pit appears to be roughly cylindrical, about 10 feet deep, with steep (read: near-vertical) walls cut from unfinished stone. The top opening is closer to 3' across. There's a bunch of loose dirt and crumbled rock piled up at the bottom (probably what fell in from the "concealing" part of the trap) but you spot something that may or may not be interesting poking out of the mess.

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 12:16 AM
Ooh.... What's that?

* I Take off my backpack, since it could be awkward, carefully drop down into the hole.

Tumble check to land reasonably well: [roll0]

* I carefully look through the rubble to find whatever it was that caught my attention.

Search: [roll1]

I really hope I can get out of here. Rasanna's impulsiveness can be inconvenient at times

brakisaurus
2009-11-08, 11:24 AM
You find a silver sack with 4 Thunderstones in it!

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 12:11 PM
Yay me!

Hmmm Now to see if I can get out of this pit...

* I will attempt to climb back out... If this is high dc, this could get interesting.

Climb Check: [roll0]

brakisaurus
2009-11-08, 12:25 PM
You succesfully climb back out.

DC 10: 25 (A rough surface, such as a natural rock wall or a brick wall) -10 (Climbing a chimney) -5 (Climbing a corner)

Evil the Cat
2009-11-08, 05:39 PM
Yay me!

* I brush off any dirt and dust that may have collected on em in the pit or during the climb, then with my Dancing Lights leading the way, I continue down the hall. Before turning the corner I will very carefully check for traps/secret doors and such.

Search: [roll0]