PDA

View Full Version : Family Resemblences ItP

Anuan
2009-11-06, 09:46 AM
Does anybody have a family member they really look like? Who? How much? Describe, or post pictures for reference if possible.

For years, my parents told me I looked like my mother's cousin, Norman. They never explained how, or in what way, and I've never met the man.
I did, however, recently get emailed a picture of him as a young man by my mother.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs206.snc1/7324_136266543388_819633388_2402812_6769930_n.jpg

Does this devilishly handsome fellow look familiar?
Hint;
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/Adreal/211943.jpg
Yes, he does.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/Adreal/202248.jpg

Quincunx
2009-11-06, 09:49 AM
The celestial bookkeeper of reincarnations made a mistake and produced my sister before my mother was dead. I have no pictures (unless my sister has gone and scanned more photos in from that decade, in which case I will regretfully have to hurt her--the '80s are best forgotten), but I do remember my sister was toddling around when my grandfather showed me a wallet-size photo. "How'd you get a picture of [sister] in black and white?" I asked, only to be told that it was a picture of my mother at the same age.

Morty
2009-11-06, 09:51 AM
I'm very similiar to my father. However, the person I'm told I resemble the most is an uncle that I've never met and that everyone thinks is a douchebag.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-06, 09:54 AM
I've been told I look like a younger version of my father. But with height. =P

And my sisters and I look very obviously related, though they're both way prettier than me. =3

banjo1985
2009-11-06, 09:55 AM
I apparently bear a very close resemblance to my paternal grandfather, who died when my dad was little. From the pictures I've seen I don't really see it to be honest, apparently I share his sharp facial features. I think I look quite a bit like my dad more than anyone else.

If Harry Potter had a long-haired cider drinking cousin I could probably play him...hmmm, now there's an idea...

Totally Guy
2009-11-06, 10:30 AM
I look like my mum.

It's actually quite scary to go through the old photo albums from when I was a baby. It's not embarassing in the traditional sense but embarassing how similar I look to her when she was my age.

thubby
2009-11-06, 11:22 AM
growing up I had family members mistake me and my brother.

even now I'm only slightly shorter and have lighter hair.

Dragonrider
2009-11-06, 11:36 AM
People who see me with my dad say I look like him.
People who see me with my mum say I look like her.

My brothers and I are essentially a perfect blend of both our parents. Our baby pictures all look exactly the same (except I'm occasionally in a dress . . . and they're not.)

cycoris
2009-11-06, 12:00 PM
My second cousin and I look quite a bit alike, I've been told. I personally don't see the resemblance much but...

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv279/soggyspaghetti/DSC02734.jpg

:smallconfused:

I think I look a lot like my maternal grandmother, but I don't have any pictures of her here, so you'll just have to suffer on through.

Groundhog
2009-11-06, 02:12 PM
I'm told that I look very much like one of my paternal great-grandmothers (my dad's dad's mom) I've never seen pictures of her at my age, but I'll take their word for it.

Mauve Shirt
2009-11-06, 02:19 PM
It's kind of ridiculous how much my sister looks like my aunt when she was that age. I don't resemble anybody, myself.

Perenelle
2009-11-06, 06:47 PM
I look like my aunt when she was my age. Other than that I dont think I look very much like anyone else in my family other then the fact that I have dark brown hair.

Partof1
2009-11-07, 12:47 AM
I look like my dad did, but my one friend's whole family looks the same. Him, his sister, his cousins that I've seen, they all look the same. What's funny, is one time, his sister and him had the the exact same blank stare-into-space while eating at the same time. Beyond hilarious at the time.

Serpentine
2009-11-07, 01:07 AM
My second cousin and I look quite a bit alike, I've been told. I personally don't see the resemblance much but...

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv279/soggyspaghetti/DSC02734.jpg

:smallconfused:

I think I look a lot like my maternal grandmother, but I don't have any pictures of her here, so you'll just have to suffer on through.From this, you look like you have the same eyes and eyebrows.

My sister and I both have different bits from each of our parents. It seems like different people think we look alike depending on what features they focus on. I wish I knew where this picture of us with our tongues poking out was...
Now, the really fun bit: Some friends of my sister's who know I exist but haven't met me and don't know much more than that keep having this conversation with her:
"Hey, you have a sister in Armidale, right?"
"Yeah."
"I think I saw her. She works at Coles, right?"
No, I don't. Never have. We have some mysterious 3rd sister who works at a grocery store.

I'm most like, behaviour-wise, my mum's little brother. He's certifiably mad (not sure what mental illness, exactly, but I believe it involves delusions of some sort and mania).
I'm told I have my paternal grandmother's boobs.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-07, 02:21 AM
wish I had a picture of myself on this computer. it would shock all of you.

before you ask. I haven't shaved in about a month and have very bad bedhead. which doesn't really matter since I'm going to sleep.:smalltongue::smallbiggrin: goodnight playground!

blackfox
2009-11-07, 08:15 AM
Like DeeRee, people who see me with my dad say I look like him, people who see me with my mom say I look like her. People who see me with my sisters say 'ZOMG YOU LOOK JUST ALIKE,' and then my sister attempts to murder them. :smalltongue:
Personally, I think I look more like my dad and my sister looks more like my mom.

Trai
2009-11-07, 10:02 AM
I look nothing like anyone in my family. My mom, sister, and dad (he passed away when I was young) all have/had dark, almost black hair. I was blond (and now a redhead since I started dyeing my hair).

Our skin tones are different, too-- my mom and sister got the genes from the Filipino side of our family. I got the purely Irish part; they're darker while I'm really, really fair (as anyone who's seen the pics in the "You" thread can tell you).

My older sister looks JUST like my mom. Whenever we went to open houses for school and such, they would see my mom and go, "Oh, you must be Tara's mom!" Then they'd take a confused look at me and ask, "... are you a cousin?"

I was told at one point that I resembled my dad in facial features. I think that's the most I'm ever going to get.

Pocketa
2009-11-07, 08:44 PM
I'm half Asian/half white, and I look like nobody. I have my mom's face, but my father's wavy hair.

AshDesert
2009-11-07, 09:16 PM
My older brother is slightly taller and thinner than me, but I'm 16 and he's 18, so we're both still just leaving puberty and I'm starting to catch up. We have the same hair color, the same blue eyes, the same facial features, really our only difference not attributed to my consumption of more sugar is that I have a slightly stockier build. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any pictures of the two of us together, and he's not coming home from college until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Em Blackleaf
2009-11-07, 10:07 PM
My parents tell me I look a bit like one of my aunts (mom says we have the same hands, nose, jaw, etc). People tell me my brothers and I look similar, but I don't see it. I think some people might say that AFTER they find out we're related and they look for similarities.

No one really looks a whole lot like me, but my whole family has the same general look, so we do look related. Apparently I resemble my grandmother in personality, if that counts? :smalltongue:

_Zoot_
2009-11-07, 11:28 PM
I'm always being told that I look like my Dad! :smallbiggrin:

starwoof
2009-11-07, 11:38 PM
I don't have very good pictures, but I look exactly like my dad. We have the same facial structure and body type, his hair is just grey rather than red. :smalltongue: People point it out all the time but it doesn't bother me because my dad is a really cool guy that fights cougars and doesn't afraid of anything.

Fostire
2009-11-07, 11:56 PM
Oddly, no.
My young self was incredibly similar to what my little cousin looks like now but then again his father looked the same at that age and he looks very different from me now.
Personality-wise I'm very similar to my oldest and youngest brother and all three of us are more like our mother. My other three brothers are more like our father.

EDIT: Apparently my voice is very much like my oldest brother; people keep thinking it's him when I'm on the phone.

AtomicKitKat
2009-11-08, 10:26 AM
My mother's sister's daughters(my cousins) were born some 11 years apart, but inevitably, there were always comparisons between the 2 of them, as the younger grew up looking a lot like the elder. When we were 3 and 4 respectively, my younger brother and I were always being mistaken for twins(I was undersized for my age, plus being lactose intolerant at a time when the condition was not well-known in these parts). Above the upper lip, I resemble my dad. Incidentally, before diabetes claimed his leg, my dad's brother looked like a slightly shorter, older, fatter version of him(with permed hair). Out of respect for all the others mentioned, I will not be posting any photographic evidence. For now at least.:smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2009-11-09, 10:10 PM
I look a lot like Rowsen from these forums. Of course he is my identical brother, so that's kinda cheating. :smallbiggrin:

Solaris
2009-11-09, 10:50 PM
From this, you look like you have the same eyes and eyebrows.

And facial structure, similar smiles, the same nose, and similar hair. Might be a bad picture, but the two of 'em look very related.

I look like my father, just younger, with more hair, and about a foot shorter. Everyone thought I was gonna be tall like him while I was growing up, but I pretty much stopped at 5'6". Since I joined the Army I've gotten even shorter due to back damage from running around in an IOTV all day every day.
People who know my family well, though, say I look even more like my paternal grandfather when he was younger. The Schnepp men are patrilinial clones, 'cept for my brother who just looks like our mother. o_o

snoopy13a
2009-11-09, 10:52 PM
Oddly, I look remarkably like my parent's long term mailman. I wonder why that is :smalltongue:

Yarram
2009-11-10, 06:34 AM
When I smile, I look identical to my father.

When I have a straight face however, I look the same as my cousin.

People also tell me that I look identical to my older sister.

AtomicKitKat
2009-11-10, 10:32 AM
Oddly, I look remarkably like my parent's long term mailman. I wonder why that is :smalltongue:

*Can't tell if you're serious*:smalltongue:

Castaras
2009-11-10, 10:44 AM
I have the same bodyshape as Lensman. And the same shortsightedness of his eyes. I have my mum's hair, colour eyes and am quite similar in personality to her. I have the same sort of face as my brother. A picture I drew of myself as a baby looks exactly like a picture my great-grandma drew of her grandma at my age.

Miss Nobody
2009-11-10, 12:11 PM
Some people tell me I look like my father. Others say I resemble my mother. And there are others who say I also look like one of my aunts on my father's side.

Family resemblances confuse me.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-11-10, 02:54 PM
I have little bits from everywhere, so people can't tell at a glance who my brother, sister and parents are. I have the same build as my mum though, whereas my brother looks like my dad. I still don't quite know where my red hair came from, but I have more distant relatives with it so it must be a recessive gene thing.