PDA

View Full Version : Giving Dragon Shaman a little boost

Frog Dragon
2009-11-06, 02:59 PM
First off. The auras progression should continue more. Thus you will now a gain a new maneuver at every odd level essentially continuing the original progression. Now this leaves you short on auras so Here's some homebrew ones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114569). You can also check Dragon Magic for more auras.

You also have an 1d6 Breath Weapon at level 2 (seriously why did they start it at level 4?)

The aura bonus progression kinda bites. So lets beef it a little
1. +1
4. +2
7. +3
10. +4
13. +5
16. +6
19. +7

You get resistance to your totem dragon's energy before immunity so it kinda builds up
2. Resistance 5
4. Resistance 10
6. Resistance 15
8. Resistance 20

These are minor changes, but I feel they would make the Dragon shaman a little better for play.

What do you think?

lightningcat
2009-11-06, 03:46 PM
I'm in total agreement about continuing to gain new auras as you level. In fact I've already made that modification my campaign.

Getting a 1d6 breathweapon that can be used once every 1d4 rounds at 2nd level... Make sense to me.

The aura bonus is already better then the Marshal (Miniatures Handbook), without going into the numerous homebrew revisions. In fact it is the basis of the aura bonus for my own Marshal revision.

Getting resistance to your totem dragon's energy before immunity is a good idea, but gaining immunity to an energy type at 9th level always seemed a bit early to me. If it were me doing it I would slow it down to
3rd. Resistance 5
5th. Resistance 10
7th. Resistance 15
9th. Resistance 20
11th. Immunity
This makes it so you still choose your breathweapon before gaining resistance, and you still gain immunity well before you would with items or the like.

That's my two bits, take it as you will.

Frog Dragon
2009-11-06, 04:18 PM
In my version you just get resistance the level you start getting breath weapon and I think that is just fine. It kinda makes sense that if they can exhale that stuff, they'd have some resistance to it immediately.

You maybe right about the Aura Bonus.
This?
1. +1
4. +2
8. +3
12. +4
16. +5
20. +6

It's in between the orignal and my revision.