PDA

View Full Version : Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor

Pages : [1] 2

DMBlackhart
2009-11-06, 11:57 PM
" That's the latest update on the battle front. This is the brotherhood at GNR keeping you informed, and keeping you safe."

The radio fades out as some jazz begins to play through. It's another day in junktown, the amalgamated scrape-yard style town sitting in the heart of the
NCR. The Super-mutant war has yet to dig this far west into the waste, although things aren't looking good. More and more security is raised everywhere in the wastes, and the brotherhood of steel has been stretched impossibly thin.

The mountinous flavor of the town remains true under it's piles of scrap metal and debris. Around 60 wastelanders inhabit junktown.

Guy- You find little acceptance in this town as any other. Those bastard at the "New california republic" hardly ever taught tolerance to begin with, and the war isen't making things easier. However you have yet to be shot at, which is a good sign. You find yourself relaxing outside a garage, momentarily dazed by the radio-broadcast.

Toussant- The "bar" smells of wood glue, alchohol, and heated onions as the radio blares in the background. The server of this junktown bar comes to you, a drink in hand. You look like you've seen better days. What can I help you with hun?
The women is about 30 with dirty blonde hair and a rather skinny build. She wears a torn apron and rags for pants and a tank-top shirt. She seems sweaty from the hot hot son.

Vera Barosa- You get a few eyes your ways. Your within NCR territory, your used to being seen as a side show. However some of the stares seem to be of admiration, or lust. Despite your rather, disturbed outward appearance, you seem to have retained enough beauty to still turn heads. You walk a dirt road looking around the town, the population seems to have dwindled considerably, but it was still nice to see a place untouched by the foul taint of the super mutant monstrocities.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 12:33 AM
Guy picks himself up and dusts himself off and heads to the tavern, looking for something to do, or someone that would even talk to him.

Dersess
2009-11-07, 12:35 AM
Toussant

Toussant, in all his Cajun glory, doesn't mind the smell; in fact, when they're around, onions are among of his favorite foods. His memory fades back to the small villages that dot the Big Muddy where he made more than a few homes over his years on the river. But, for now, new adventure was brewing, and although it probably was going to be a little less fun on dry land, well, Toussant always was one to go with the flow. Snapping out of his memories, he turns to the server.

"Naw, naw, mademoiselle. I was just wondrin' what was cookin' back in yon kitchen?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 12:44 AM
Toussant- The girl smiles at the accent, it seems she has memories with people of your breed. Well I'll tell you we have a great onion soup broth cooking, and some meats from the wastelands. However if your looking to keep a budget we have some potatoas and vodka. Thanks to those darned mutants the fresh water caravans have stopped comming. In the background the sound of good cheer and myrth spreads around as a small group of leather-clad men begin singing waving bottles of alchohol around.

Guy- You stumble through junktown. That's something that runs through your mind too, "junk". You may feel for these people, and seek to do good in the world, but it's impossible to not see this place, and believe it is no more then a scrapheap village. A bar comes into view after half a minute of walking. The door seems to be a screen mesh with a heavy pad lock currently hanging open. A man with a shotgun stands near the entrance, he seems to point it at you, not sure WHY a mutant is in town, but also not entirely sure if your an allie or not. That's close enough. Why don't you just turn around before I blow open your slimy green stomach?

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 04:24 PM
Guy sighs because he does not understand the closed minds of his fellow waste landers. He turns around and heads towards the garage again, and timidly asks the owner of the shop "M-may I lend my services to you? I'm pretty good with the machines and such. Don't worry, you won't have any trouble with me. I am not like my brethren."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 08:05 PM
Guy- The owner of the garage seems to be rather laid back, and shows little sign of hostility towards anyone or anything. Infact he barely gives more then a slight whistle when he sees the "heat" your packing.

You look like a big... Erm... guy. I suppose I have some work that can be done. If your ok with heading to the wastes that is. Ya know that place down south? Scrapheap? Ya I need some supplies from a guy named Buck Wildur. You can do that for me I can see about sparing some caps.

The man with his pale black skin and tattered blue overalls leans back, building up phlem, before letting loose an impressive loogy of saliva, phlem, and tobaco into a near by tin can.

And don't let all those ignorant fools get you down. Most of them are more afraid of you then you are of them.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 08:12 PM
Guy looks rather puzzled when the garage owner calls him by name, "I'd be willing to get the supplies you require. Should I tell him you sent me? ...and how did you know my name was Guy?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 08:32 PM
Guy- The owner looks puzzled for a moment, as his chair leans backwards. I diden't. I figured it'd been alot more appropriate to call you a guy. I am not too keen on mutant anatomy.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 08:42 PM
"Right then. I am off to Scrapheap." Guy turns around and heads towards Scrapheap.

Outdoorsman 46%
[roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 08:50 PM
-coughs- d100 instead of d10
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 09:18 PM
Guy- You head due east of junktown, taking a route the garage owner happen to point out before you left his place. This trail seemed underused, however it was a god-send in times like these. This hidden trail bypassed alot of the open areas of the wastes, digging through canyons and gulches. The longer route wastes a couple more hours then you would have liked, however it managed to keep you safe. Just about morning the next day you come to a hill overlooking a small "community" of sorts. If you thought junktown looked bad, this place is worse. The entire civilization is nothing more then a collection of tents and pre-war mobile homes. And as the name suggests, the area is littered with trash or debris.

However the journey to scrapheap is yet over as you come into range of a threat. A rather large, rather viscious looking radscorpian sits about 50 meters away. Although it has yet to see you, it doesent look like much can really stop it.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 09:23 PM
Guy brings his big frigging gun to bear and sends a hail of bullets at the beast.

Big Guns 46%
[roll0]

[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 09:32 PM
Guy- You lift up your big-friggen-gun and begin showring the ever advancing giant scorpian with led. It gets easily 10 feet from you before the last bullets dig into it's eyes and it flops down to it's belly, dead.

However this little bout does not go unheard. You seem to have gotten the citizens of scrapheap in an uproar. The flash from your gun can be seen all the way down there, and you hear the words, Mutants! echoing from down below.

((400xp for the scorp. As well as 4 Onces of Rad scorpian venom))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 09:48 PM
Guy takes the rad scorpion venom, and wraps it up putting it in his pack. Then he takes a seat and ponders what his next move should be.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 09:52 PM
Guy- You plop down into the dirt next to the scorpians rather large corpse. You have about 2 minutes of peace before you see about 6 beams of light. Each scanning the hillside below you and slowly moving up towards you. You can't see too fine of details this early in the morning, the sun has yet to hit the horizon. However by the voices you can tell it isent the welcoming commity.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 09:58 PM
"I mean you no harm! I am here to talk to Buck Wildur, I was sent here to get some supplies for someone in Junktown!" bellows Guy, hiding behind a rock waiting for a reply.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-07, 10:01 PM
Guy- He's over here!! You hear someone yell among the group. However by the time they get within shooting range no one makes a move. Everyone has stopped in their tracks, whispering and murmuring as a rather tall, rather burly half mutant presses through the crowed. He seems to have a slight green tint to his skin and yellow to his eyes but other then his bulky build shows no mutant traits.

Get the Fawk out of the way! The Half-mutant bellows. He moves over to you, a sawedoff shotgun in his hand.

What would you be doing out here if yer lookin fer wildur? Hell a month ago he said he was heading east to gather some more supplies. The fool is probably mutant food by now. Erm.. No offense.

The mutant gives wicked stares to the surrounding humans and ghouls.

Get something warm cooked up. We have a guest!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-07, 10:06 PM
"Nice to be welcomed for once, although I can understand your concern." says Guy, thankfully. "So where can I find these supplies my friend wants, if Mr. Wildur is no longer here?"

Benejeseret
2009-11-07, 10:23 PM
Vera

Vera adds a little more swing to her step under the notice of eyes her way. "Say fellas," she nods to a few she passes, "Whats a girl ta do in this place if she's lookin' fer a little excitement and adventure?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-08, 01:03 AM
Guy- Your questions are held off until you come to a rather large campire and spit in the center of a tent/ trailer caravan. On the roast remains some remenants of a pig-like animal. The half-mutant from before offers you some of this meat, only two words escaping his lips. Pigrat.

As you all settle down, and pleasentries are made, your questions are finally addressed. The half-mutant "Hark" is the prominant speaker.

Junktown usually comes around a couple times a month asking for food and stuff. We may not look it, but we have a better food-stores and water supply then most of the wastes. This area is well known for it's wild-game. And everyone enjoys hunting the big game. And ya, we have their supplies in the grey trailer over there. The halfy points to a run-down metallic trailer that has seen better days.

Im guessing no one told you about payment huh? No problem. We always have need for an extra arm, and you seem like you can handle yourself just fine.

The man's voice trails off for a moment, whatever "payment" he has in mind, you can only assume the worse of the situation.

Vera- Not many ghouls are found this far into the NCR, making a beauty like yours to go rather unappreciated. However you manage to catch one young lads eyes. He seems to just have become a "man" in both age and attitude. In that this young, tanned human boy acts obvsiouly nervous around you.

Uh y-yeah. Sure. I know of someone who might need a little help. Come on, follow me. And the boy dashes off to the southern end of junktown.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-08, 02:02 AM
Guy takes a healthy portion of the cooked pig rat and takes a seat, "No, there was no talk of payment. But I'm guessing you have some job for me... So. Whats a mutant gotta do to get some supplies around here?"

Benejeseret
2009-11-08, 11:45 AM
Vera

"Well alright then sailor, lets go find 'im." She sets off after the lad. Her left hip clicks a bit as she quickens the pace, where a small patch of clovers settled into her a few seasons ago.

Vera Barosa follows the boy, but never at a blind jog. A lady of her age didn't get there by blinding running after men all her life. In her head, Vera is mapping out the route and keeping very aware of the sort of alleys they enter.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-08, 01:43 PM
Guy- Well, you seem to be the one suckered into gathering supplies this time around. And since I doubt you can pay for 'em. I believe we need another meens of payment. The half-mutant continues eating the pigrat meat, taking a good majority more then the others. Like I told you before. Least I think I did. That man, buck went out to gather some more supplies from the wastes. He went east however. Which other then wasteland and death, is where the majority of the mutties are comming from. If you can go out there, and find out what happened to buck, I might be persuaded to just give you the supplies.

Vera- As you trail after this rather eager young lad, you are led just to the edge of junktown, where a lone man stands out in the wastes a ways. You trail off about 30 meters out into the wastelands, where this man and his 2 brahmin stand. You can see this caravan is a different kind, it doesent seem to have any weaponry or ammo to sell. Although it does carry a product. 4 wooden crates are strapped to the brahmin, each with a label on it, "Aqua Pura".

The man takes a good look at you before addressing the young lad.

You get any buyers today? The boy hands over a list of names and locations to the man.

And what can I do for you miss? You interested in buying some good, clean water? The man is covered with many many robes, shirts, and leather paddings that its near impossible to tell more about him then his gender.

Benejeseret
2009-11-08, 02:50 PM
Vera

She glances to the lad as he eagerly hands over the list. Since this seems to be the place he intended, she might as well make the most of it.

"Water? A charming little business I'm sure," the boys catch a glimpse of a strained smile, "but I'm a little more interested in what I can do for you. This strapping lad seems to think you're the one ta see in this...town when lookin' for some somethin' ta keep a girl occupied."

She leans into her guide's right side to whisper, "This your adventure?"

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-08, 03:22 PM
"Hmmm, I guess I should get going then. I shall need all the daylight I can get. Thank you for the pigrat, it was quite tasty." Guy says, as he hauls himself up and heads east out of the scrapheap.

Outdoorsman 46%
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 01:58 AM
Guy- You trudge off into the sunrise bathed wastelands. The sun beats down heavy and hot, as you move further into the "uninhabited" areas of wasteland. You have traveled for at least 3 days now, pushing right onto the borders of "The Great Wastes". The land designated to be radiation filled, mutant filled, soiled and corrupted lands. So far you have found no trail of this missing "buck". Almost all hope given in you prepare to head to "darwin city" only a couple miles southeast, until you see something on the horizon. The sun is preparing to set, however running downhill is a humanoid figure, obviously smaller then yourself. It's not until the man comes within 50 meters that you see him more clearly. The man is naked, and covered in a sort of green ooze or film. You can hear him screaming as he runs towards you.

¡Demonios!! ¡Usted debe ayudar!! ¡están después de mí!!

Vera- The "Shrouded Gentlemen" gives a slight chuckle when he hears of the boys escapades with you. And then removes his sun visor, and cloth from his head. it reveals a man with less skin then yourself. A ghoul if ever worthy of the title, the man seems to be a 5th degree burn victem, if such a level existed. His entire left-half of his face is bone, and yet tiny strands of muscle still pull the jaw along as he gurgles out an explination.

Indeed, the boy seems to be rather, brash when it comes to deliveries. What with the new war and all you never can be too eager for a lending hand.

At this the man removes hsi boney left and and motions for you to take it. However he places it back in place before you can reach for it.

Sorry, just a bit of ghoul-humor. You woulden't know anything about that, such a fine healthy madam as yourself. Now, we were speaking of "adventure" no? I do indeed have a little "job" for those ballsy enough. Ya see, with project purity being over-run by those filthy mutties supplies are getting low, and truly CLEAN water is impossible to come by. For someone like myself, radiated wateri s hardly an issue. But those "others" in the waste kinda need this stuff to stay alive. Erm sorry, I got off topic.

The ghoul opens a bottle of considerably less-fresh water from his side bag.

Now as for why this is an issue. Don't worry, I don't want you to go risking your life on some full errand or anything, not quite. Infact, I want you to head out with me and jameson here, and try to find my Mr Handy. The thing went hay-wire because of the heat and has been running around the waste setting things on fire. *sigh* unfortunately he is my only supply of clean water for now. Which is my only meens of lively hood.

Spanish Translation- Demons!! You must help!! they are after me!!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 02:08 AM
"¿La desaceleración, quién está después de usted?" says, Guy as he scans the wastes behind him for his supposed assailants.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 02:16 AM
Guy- The man continues running towards you, screaming at the top of his lungs, voice straining.

¡Los demonios!! ¡Los monstruos pelados verdes!!

The man stops about 10 yards away, his eyes growing wide. He seems to be afraid of you. He stumbles backwards and into a slight ditch. He tries to pick himself up as he begins shambling backwards from you.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 02:21 AM
"If I was going to harm you, I would have already. Now, who is after you?"* says Guy, slightly irked at the naked man's reaction.

*Spanish

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 02:42 AM
The man only continues to tremble, he is backed up to a pertruding rock now. The hispanic mans gaze does not leave your own as his hands flail around, finding a fair-sized stone to lob at you. The stone flies fast but not very hard as the man seems to be drained of any notable muscle mass.

Attack Roll- [roll0] vs. 1%

Damage- [roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 02:49 AM
Guy shakes his head then approaches the scared man, and pulls back to punch him; his meaty green fist catches the man right between the eyes and he collapses, nose bleeding, but still breathing. Then Guy peers out, expecting to see several of his brethren that were chasing after his now snoozing friend.

Benejeseret
2009-11-09, 12:41 PM
Vera

"Well, well, ain't you the charmer," she does her best to blush as his 'healthy' comments, but it flushes in a pale green shade. "Flatter does get you somewhere, so I'm in."

"But I ain't no Sally Ann, so what's in this for me? Water alone don't keep me goin'."

She will talk him into a better deal - Speech [roll0] skill 63% and crit under 6%. I'm fine RPing or just rolling. I forget how the old Fallout handled speech success in terms of rewards, maybe there was no formula and it was all situational.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 02:12 PM
Guy- The man goes unconsciouss below your powerful green fist. As he lays limp in the dirt you see a trail of footprints leading from where the man came. You could follow this trail to learn more about this man and his origins, or the settlement of "darwin city" lies due south-east about 10 miles.

Vera- The ghoul places the wrapings back over his face, once again concealing himself in full.

Keeps the dirt out, and trust me it's as hard as you'd think to get sand out of your jawbone.

The man then prepares some equipment from the caravan, arming himself with an assault rifle and giving the "boy" some sort of metal staff.

Oh yes of course. I wasen't going to ask you to help for free. I will be glad to pay you an appropriate amount of caps if and when the job is done. And of course you'll always be a valued customer when you need a drink, so for you half price on water!

The ghoul is almost ready to set out when he turns to you once more, the boy slightly out of ear-shot as he begins heading out to their destination.

Oh, by the way. The names Reagan.

(( Ya if you want something SPECIFIC out of a conversation, use speech. Otherwise feel free to RP. )) ((P.S. 100xps for the successfull speech, and the promise of actually being paid. :p))

Benejeseret
2009-11-09, 03:17 PM
Vera

"It is a pleasure Reagan. Vara Barosa," she gives a small curtsy, "I haven't seen to many of us old-worlders up in these parts. I'm from Nevada pre-war. Been somewhat lost since then."

She lets the memories of her bygone age trail off as they set out.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 03:28 PM
Vera- The man keeps covered during the journy, however this only slightly impeds his speech.

Nevada Mm? What did you do then?

As you both converse the man tells you of his roots in D.C. and how he was once in charge of a rather impressive "team" that developed new weaponry and supplies during war times. He goes on to talk about energy weaponry, which were just comming out of the prototype stage when the bombs fell.

Some time later, nearly night, you come to a small irradiated clearing. The ground is blackened and scortched. "reagan" motions for his companion to stay outside the parimiter of this area.

In the middle of the clearing you see a floating "robot" with a flamthrower setting dirt on fire. The "mr. handy" model of home protection based robotics continues burning anything that moves from irradiated animals to the occasional tumble weed.

Fire fire fire! Planetary temperatures reaching critical low. Must continue to set fire to the sun!

( your at least 50 meters away)

Benejeseret
2009-11-09, 08:26 PM
Vera

Earlier on the path, "Well, I could belt a tune or two. Made a good livin' of the theatre and shows in those days." She hushes once they reach the burnt land.

She whispers low over Reagan's Reagan's shoulder as they see the bot, "Righty-o, what's the plan Reagan." Razored claws slip over her left hand as she dawns her protective claw, her right hand readying the throwing knife. "You said it's done this before, how'd you get it processing proper again?"

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 08:36 PM
Guy leaves the man some water and meat, then sets off following the man's trail.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 09:02 PM
Vera- Reagan pulls out a small metallic box from his side bag.

That's the fun part. One of us has to distract it's fire while the other shoves thius combat inhibitor on it. Your call which you want to do. I would have the boy do it, but he wouldent list 2 minutes in that radiation field. Don't worry though, this baby programs itself, you just need to weld the box onto those loose wires hanging from it's back.

Guy- You leave the man unconscious and naked in the wastelands, following his footsteps in reverse to their origins. After about 30 minutes of walking into east you come to a small outcropping in the nothingness that is the greatwastes. It seems to be a very old, very out-dated military defensive bunker. Out infront of the main door you can see a super mutant with a very big gun gaurding the entrance. This is where the man came from no doubt.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 09:17 PM
Guy moves off to the left, keeping behind the rocks, out of site. Then props his gun up on the rock and takes aim at the closest mutant and squeezes the trigger, sending a hail of bullets towards him, then calmly ejects the magazine and slaps another one in. (223 FMJ -10 DR)

Big Guns vs 46%
223 AP AC -10
[roll0]

[roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 09:20 PM
Doh!

Big Guns vs 46%
223 AP AC -15
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 09:28 PM
Guy- The rounds begin to fly as the two mutties are caught unaware. almost have the rounds fly off into the dirt however a few stick into the mutants makeshift metal armor. A few more bullets cut through the armor, into the mutants flesh, and one strikes it's left eye, causing it to go partially blind.

((20 damage to muttie 1, still standing, both are aware of you now, stealth check if you want, and muttie 1 has a crippled eye))

The first mutant begins grunting and rubbing it's eye, while the other lifts up it's gun and unleashes fire on you. However none of it's rounds manages to hit you.

(( 0 damage to you. -2% condition to your gun ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 09:32 PM
Guy returns fire, sending a wall of bullets at the standing muttie.

Big Guns vs 46%
223 FMJ DR -10
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 09:37 PM
Guy- Another series of bullets soars through the air, once more digging into the first mutants body. Due to your armor piercing rounds the mutant is quickly disposed of. His friend however advances on you, trying to get a better veiw.

(( no damage again, your turn. -2% to condition again ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 09:43 PM
Guy takes aim at the advancing mutant and sends another hail of bullets at him, hoping he brings him down this time.

Big Guns vs 46%
223 FMJ DR -10

Damage
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-09, 09:47 PM
Guy- Thanks to the mutants closer range almost every bullet cuts in. First slicing off his armor then an arm and finally the mutants head flies off with a roar. The mutants lay dead at your feet, apparently no alarms were tripped that you can tell.

(( Roll Luck, Any skills you might want/need, and take 400xp)) ((And -1% condition))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-09, 09:52 PM
Guy kicks the mutant over onto its back and starts searching it for anything useful. Weapons, ammo, food, keys, et cetera. Then he'll move onto the next muttie and repeat his search.

Perception Vs 6
[roll0]

Benejeseret
2009-11-09, 10:59 PM
Vera

"I've been known to keep outta sight when needed. So lets see this doohickey of yours." She whispers coyly, leaving decades of stories untold.

Vera takes inhibitor and readies herself, keeping low and waiting on Reagan's signal.

Stealth [roll0] skill 32% and hopefully a bonus with Reagan distracting to get in behind the bot without notice.

Lets hope all this ash quiets muffles footsteps.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-10, 01:38 AM
Vera- You move into the scortched and blackened land. Moving at a crawl you advance on the mister-handy when it turns to begin firing... fire... and reagan.

Error, unidentified life on the surface of the sun. Probability .000000000001%. Must catalogue further data. Will initiate incinderay procedures to subdue target

The robot continues combating reagan as you manage to sneak up behind it and slap the box onto it's back. You use a little tool reagan gave you to temporarily melt the box into place. It takes a few seconds, but the robot seices it's assault.

Target identified. Reagan, Ronald. Welcome home sir. I have missed you. Although I am curios, as to how you found your way to the sun?

Leave it Rhines. We have som work to do on your hardrive.

Benejeseret
2009-11-10, 11:25 AM
Vera

Tense and tired from the stress, Vera kneels with a sigh. Only to leap with a yelp as the still-hot sands singes the edge of her robe.

Wiping what passes for ghoul sweat from her brow, "Alright boys, it sure feels like the sun in this hole. Whatcha say we find some shade to get you 'Rhines' here polished up?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-10, 01:24 PM
Vera- This might work actually. Reagan says searching the rather barren horizon. I think we are only a few miles from necropolis. We should head there to rest up, we should be welcomed.

The men then set off, reagan passes around food and drink from his caravan as you travel.

(( outdoorsman check, and you gain 400xp for the robot quest))

DMBlackhart
2009-11-10, 02:08 PM
Guy-

Swags-
2 Frag Grenades
1 Case of 5mm (50) (500$)
Blue Card-key (1)

METAL ARMOR (Cond: 30%)
W: 35 lbs. AC: 10 N: 4/30 L: 6/75 F:
4/10 P: 4/20 E: 4/25 (2)

CZ-53 Minigun (Cond: 50%)
Min. ST: 7 W: 31 lbs. Dmg: +5 Rng: 35 AP
S: N/A T: N/A B: 6 (2)

Stimpack (1)
Orange Vial (1) 2oz

Benejeseret
2009-11-10, 03:55 PM
Vera

"Mhmm, much obliged Reagan."

Washing down the last of the ratios, she tries to make pace with Reagan to chat. "Necropolis..can't say the same bubbles with a welcoming ring, but you've been that way before have you? Never been this far out myself mind you."

"Not ever certain I know where we are," she mentions, looking around as they pass through the wastes.

Outdoors [roll0] skill 13%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-10, 06:07 PM
Vera- The three of you treck through the wastes, bound to the necropolis. It quickly becomes night as, your travels taking a stop to rest up. However the night is strange, you feel something and HEAR something.

It's only too late when you wake to find the "boy" reagan enlisted impaled by a giant irradiated scorpian. The scorpian flings the boy's body to the side as it advances on you. Reagan isen't found with an immediate scan of the area.

Battle Stats-
The radscorpian is about 5 meters from you, I coulden't find your sequence on your sheet, so we will assume you go first for now. So your turn. Effective range is 2/3 normal at night.

Benejeseret
2009-11-10, 09:21 PM
Vera

"REAGAN! ROBOT!!" Vera screams as she rolls upright, "Radscorpion, the boy's hurt!"

She sprints and weaves into the night, looking for rocks or cover.

After getting up (4AP) she puts some distance between her and the scorp (+4 meters for 4AP) putting her around 9 meters away.

Sequence is 10, seems I missed in, sorry. I'll edit in.

Not sure how you want to handle sneaking in the future - I re-read and realized sneak rolls are often secret from player. But, she hopes to loose the radscorp in the dark or run into Reagan or Rhines.

So sneak is 32%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-10, 09:29 PM
Vera- You dodge through the darkness, your shouts echoing into the wastelands.

You managed to run from the radscorpian easily enough, however it isen't by your own luck that you find cover. You trip on what at first was thought to be a bag of meat laying in your way, you tumble into a small ditch a few meters away from where you were napping. As you lay on the ground, the sound of radscorpian "feet" moving in the darkness you see what you tripped on more clearly. It's the main torso of the "boy" who's name you never got. Just as well about 3 meters away you see reagan ducking behind a rock, a machene gun in his hand. The robot "rhines" is no where to be found.

Battle Info- ((You are possibly 9 meters away from the scorpian. However you can't tell where the scorpian moved from your current position. If it's gotten closer you would know, so your sure it has yet to move too far from where it just was.))
((Your turn again))

Benejeseret
2009-11-11, 07:17 PM
Vera

Faced over the poor lad's body, Vera turns him over quickly searching for the assault rifle she saw him with earlier. ((4AP if picking up his weapon))

She then scrambles off to the rock formation near Reagan. At a crawl she keeps low and prays she keep out of the Ghoul's line of fire. ((4AP movement for 2 meters crawling?))

((If the torso does not have the rifle she will put the extra AP into moving behind the rock))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-11, 08:30 PM
Guy inspects the key-card and says to himself, "This will come in handy." Guy then picks up one of the guns and reloads it, taking it along, just in case. Then Guy finds the grenades and he grins, "These are gonna be fun." :smallbiggrin:

Then guy makes his way into the bunker, his favorite big freaking gun, his Bozar.

Perception vs 5
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-11, 08:41 PM
Vera- You scramble to your knees, a XL70E3 Assault rifle grabbed from the corpse.
You notice the scope on the end of the rifle, a useful tool in hunting and sniping.

As you scramble through the dirt to reagan you hear the distance sound of fire, and a voice only an automated assembly line could love.

Reagan, Sir. I have encountered an issue which seeks to do you harm. Should I commence with the inciderary procedures?

Before reagan can reply the robot is already unloading pint after pint of karosine-based fire on the scorpian. While it is distracted reagab stands up from hiding and begins unloading rounds of ammunition on it. The creature is obviously in a losing position.

Guy- After collecting your swag you head to the bunker door. On the front are words drawn in a sort of "green paint". Keep Out! You see to the left of the sealed blast door lies a wall-mounted computer terminal.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-11, 08:42 PM
Guy walks up to the terminal and attempts to use the key-card to open the door, his gun at the ready.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-11, 08:51 PM
Guy-The blue passcard is slide into a little "slot" in the terminal. Followed by a short *fweep* to which the blast doors respond by opening up. You don't hear any alarms activated, although thats never worth face value.

Looking into the compound you see it moves inward and downward at a slope for about 100 meters. Then there are 3 doors (1 East, West, And North.) And a Sealed Stairwell in the middle. There are no terminals that seem to access the locks on the lid of the stariwell entrance.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-11, 09:06 PM
Guy tries opening the east doorway, and peers inside.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-11, 09:42 PM
Guy- You come to the eastern doorway, like the rest of the abandoned military bunker it is automated. However one quick slice of the blue cardkey grants you access further in. You immediatly see a super mutant in the hallway, a very large gun in his hand. He seems to be turned the opposite direction, however with the swish of the door he hears you, and turns to fire.

((Your turn))

Benejeseret
2009-11-12, 12:18 AM
Vera

"Shwww," Vera whistle quietly on on an intake of breath. Hoisting the weapon she does her best to take aim on the bug and twitches out a test fire.

Single Shot [roll0] Small Guns 15%, putting the leftover AP to defense

A wince meets the recoil.Ain't see guns like this since Reno. Arggh, she guards a lightly bruised shoulder, the old bones can't hardly take 'em. After a seconds complaint, the flare of fire in the night brings the realities of the fight back.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 01:37 AM
Vera- The battle, which only managed to last less then 30 seconds, ends with the destruction of the Robot-made-martyr Rhines. The scorpian manages to get one good lung through the flames, catching the flamer tank, and causing a rather nasty explosion within both it, and "rhines" parimeters. The scorpians chittinous armor is rittled with holes and scorches, and the once-proud rhines lies across the wasteland as scrap metal.

Reagan comes over to you, after giving a rather grim wince at the after-math.
Well shee-it. Now I need a new packmule AND a new best friend.

Reagan gathers up as much of "rhines" as he can, louding the materials unto his brahmin and once again turning to you with the very last of his fresh water supplies.

Well, on to necropolis I suppose. Although I would understand if you wanted to bail out now. I have to be honest, I have a longer title then "reagan". Around the wastes they call me "reckless ronald" because no single ally of mine has lasted more then a week with me. Not counting beautiful ol' rhines here.

Fat Lutes-

1lb of Chitinous materials
1once of Rad scorpian venom
200xp
40 caps (if you searched the dead "boy")

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 12:33 PM
Guy holds down the trigger, sending a hail of bullets towards the super mutant; a guttural roar escaping his lips.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

223 FMJ DR -10
Damage (-5% condition)
[roll1]

Hit Points: 56/56
Action Points: 8
Sequence: 10
Armor Class: 35 (+2 from AP)
Normal 4 / 55%
Laser 4 / 70%
Fire 4 / 45%
Plasma 4 / 70%
Explode 4 / 55%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 01:28 PM
Guy- The bang of gunfire and the roars of battle are thick in the hallway, easily echoing throughout other sections of the bunker. The 5 meter wide hallway is now rittled with bullet marks as most of the bullets from both yours and your opponants guns skew off to the sides. However the few rounds that do land on your opponant make an impact, shredding through his cloths and into his thick green hide.

[roll0]
[roll1]

(( -1% condition for your armor and weapons. -2 hp from the enemies fire. ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 02:22 PM
Guy squeezes the trigger several times, sending several short bursts at the mutant. Then he ejects the magazine and slaps another one in, breathing heavily with rage.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

223 FMJ DR -10
Damage (-5% condition)
[roll1]

Hit Points: 54/56
Armor Class: 33
Normal 4 / 55%
Laser 4 / 70%
Fire 4 / 45%
Plasma 4 / 70%
Explode 4 / 55%

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 02:25 PM
Wrong damage dice >.>

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 03:55 PM
Guy- The last of the fire subsides as the opposing mutant is brought to the ground, his green blood drenching the floor of the hallway. The mutant only has 3 items on his person. The CZ-53 Minigun, A stimpack, and a pouch of orange liquid labeled "Rad-Away".

The rest of this area reveals you are in the "barracks" of the base. However most of the rooms to the side reveal little more then the occasional soda bottle (bottlcaps) and army attire (too small). At th far end of the hall you find another sealed door, with another terminal next to it.

Loots (( Afformentioned weapon
Rad-Away
Stimpack
12 Caps ))
(( 50xp ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 04:09 PM
Guy collects all the caps and puts them in a pouch, then takes the rad away and stimpack. "These will come in handy." Ready to go, Guy makes his way to the next terminal and proceeds with his exploration of the bunker.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 04:14 PM
Guy- Pushing through the doorway as the terminal *fweep*'s and the doors electronically seperate, you have a sudden rush of heat wash over you. In comparison to the rest of the near lifeless chilly bunker, this room has some unnatural heat source. The room is increadibly dark, however, and the lights from the previous hallway don't illuminat it enough know what's in here. You push through the room regardless, your thick feet stick and wet with some kind of goo.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 04:17 PM
"Hmm, I don't like the looks of this... Better come back when I have some light." Guy thinks to himself. He closes the door and heads back to check out the western doorway.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 04:27 PM
Guy- You advance through the bunker, a sick feeling in your stomach after you leave the "warm" room. Moving through the stale bunker you come to the western hallway. A sign remains on the wall here, still legible it reads, "Maintenance Facility".

Continuing through the doorway you are immediatly greated by an unfortunate sight.

A supermutant bounds around a corner, just barely missing notice of you, however the large, mechanical monstrocity closer to you with the "brain-in-a-jar" head did not. It lets out a few whirrling noises before issuing a verbal threat.

Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! All available Units to the Robotics Maintenance Bay!

The robot manages to advance on you before you can heft up your gun, and a small electrically charged metallic prod escapes its chest and strikes you in the stomach.

Unfortunately the electric prod strkes your armor, barely tickling you.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 04:37 PM
Guy roars in anger at the metal monstrosity and holds down the trigger on his big friggin' gun as he takes a few steps back.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

223 FMJ DR -10
Damage (-5% condition)
[roll1]

Normal 4 / 55%
Laser 4 / 70%
Fire 4 / 45%
Plasma 4 / 70%
Explode 4 / 55%

Benejeseret
2009-11-12, 06:10 PM
Vera

She stares at the Ghoul as he packs, somewhat dumbfounded at being nearly skewered and then blown up and now awkwardly holding an intense rifle over a broken torso of a boy, all within a minute of first waking.

"Oh bollocks," she curses, squeezing her eyes tight. She presses a palm agaisnt her temple. "Ok, wait," she glances around the night at the pieces of Rhines, "wait, you're not leaving me out here."

She slings the rifle over her shoulder and leans over the torso, "Sorry youngin'," she checks his pockets and then makes the sign of the cross as she rises. Old habits.

After she recovers, Vera helps Reagan collect the scattered parts and then follows him off.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 06:24 PM
Guy- The metal cuts into the robo-brain model robot. You hear cracking as the jar-head unit of the robo-brain begins to take heavy damage. The rest however remains greatly intact.

The robo-brain advances on you, immediatly following the sounds of a grunting voice and the accompanying supermutant from the corner. The mutant has no weaponry on hand, which is unique.

The robo-brain has a chainsaw mounted in it's lef hand, which is it's weapon of choice when attempting to strike you now.

Despite its best efforts however the weapon cannot pierce your durable armors plating.

Vera- You and reagan come to the entrance of what would be "just another ruined city". However this city is mroe then that. This, is as rumored, the city of the dead. It is rumored cannibles live within the walls of this city, waiting until night to stalk passing caravaners for food.

Reagan leads you across an irradiated river via a dilapited bridge heading north into the city.

The entire time you both walk through the empty you get a chilling feeling creeping along your neck, the apparent lack of anyone, or anything living is nothing short of unsettling.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 06:38 PM
Guy stands his ground, grim faced as he keeps his finger on the trigger, continuing the hail of bullets. The gun goes "click click" as he continues to pull the trigger. He tosses his gun to the side then pulls out the mini-gun he borrowed from one of the mutants.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

223 FMJ DR -10
Damage (-5% condition)
[roll1]

Armor Class: 35 (+2 from AP)
Normal 4 / 55%
Laser 4 / 70%
Fire 4 / 45%
Plasma 4 / 70%
Explode 4 / 55%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 06:47 PM
Guy- Continuing your barrage the jar-head on the robo-brain finally shatters from the stress of the bullets. The robot's remaining frame collapses to the ground, allowing some of your munition to strike the mutant in the distance.

((-2% to weapon condition, so 48%. 50xp. ))

The mutant rushes down the hallway, your bullets continue to cut into him.

((Spent half AP moving, half defending))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 06:53 PM
Guy holds down on the mini-gun's trigger, the barrels spin up and start spewing bullets at the advancing mutant as he takes a few steps back.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 06:56 PM
Forgot rolls - oops

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

5mm
Damage (-25% condition)
[roll1]

Normal 4 / 55%
Laser 4 / 70%
Fire 4 / 45%
Plasma 4 / 70%
Explode 4 / 55%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 07:03 PM
Guy- The gun continues to rattle and clunk as it unleashes ammo. Most of the rounds miss, but those that do stick do little more then to cause the mutant to let out a laugh, or the occasional grunt. The mutant is finally on you, Fists coupled together. It's meaty hands strike hard into your head, however the helmet neglects most of it.

((-1% condition, to weapon so 47%. 1 damage, and -5% to armor condition)

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 07:09 PM
Guy turns back to the mutant, and you can tell he is not happy. He tosses the mini-gun to the side and takes out his bat, and takes several swings at the mutant.

Melee vs 40%
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]+5
[roll3]+5

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 07:14 PM
Guy- Each swing of the baseball bat connects with the mutants massive foreams. Allowing him to easily diflect any damage. With the repreive found with the seice fire the mutant manages to tear free the robots electric prod, and jabs it at you.

However the armor, and thick skin both work to prevent any real damage to you.

((-1% to bat condition. ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 07:29 PM
Guy grabs the bat with both hands and makes a massive downward swing, then takes another swing at the mutant.

Melee vs 20%
[roll0]
Melee vs 20%
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]+5
[roll3]+5

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 07:39 PM
Guy- The mutant continues to match you blow for blow. Niether of you is making any real headway in this fight.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 07:50 PM
Guy roars in frustration as he takes another couple swings at the mutant.

Melee vs 40%
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]
[roll3]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 07:57 PM
Guy- Your bat swings hard against the mutants arm, a small *crack* heard from th strain of the blow.

((-5% condition to your bat))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 07:59 PM
Guy throws the bat away, roaring in anger. Then pushes his way past the mutant and picks up his gun, slapping a new clip in he turns to face the mutant.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 08:10 PM
Guy- You manage to overpower your opponant, pushing past him and taking up your gun once more. The mutant however seems obviously worried that you can over power him at this point and drops the electric prod, raising his hands into the air.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 08:16 PM
So, now you yield?" Guy says as he keeps the gun aimed at the mutant. "What is this place? Why are you here?"

Benejeseret
2009-11-12, 08:27 PM
Vera

Unconsciously, she moves slightly closer to Reagan. Vera glances around wearily.

((perception [roll0] check is 5*modifier or 40% if no penalties to detect anything stalking them

"You sure this is a settlement Reagan?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 08:46 PM
Guy- The mutant seems a bit slow at first, and startled obviously, however it manages to let out an answer.

This is our home!

Vera- ((Actually, you just roll a d10. So in the case of perception 8, you have to roll 1-8 to pass. :p))

Reagan ignores your obviously worry while in this town. Im sure, this is the necropolis, however no one is around during the day, it's safer to stay underground until the night.

Reagan leads you to what would seem to be a waterworks building, found near the center of town. As you both enter the dark, decrepid building, you are greeted by a number of curios senses. You notice the horrid smell, like millions of burning bodies burning simultaneously. Then you notice the source, an entire building full of GHOULS!. Luckily, they do not seem favorable, and over 60% of which wear clothing. A particularly poorly dressed ghoul greets reagan as you both enter.

The ghoul has something akin to pirate garb, with a very flashy, very well preserved fedora with a rather large piece of white plumage stuck in the side.

Well well well. Welcome home reagan, tired of the wastes already? And who is this pretty young thing?

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-12, 08:51 PM
"Not any more." says guy as he unleashes another hail of bullets at the mutant.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-12, 09:10 PM
Guy- You manage to drop the mutant just as you finish your sentence, however your gun catches on the last bullet. However you can't see anything wrong further then a bit of cosmetic damage.

((50xp, -5% to condition. Do me a favor and list your current weapon/armor conditions.))

Benejeseret
2009-11-12, 10:48 PM
Vera

"Vera Barosa, kind greeter," with a hat like that Vera turned on some of the old showgirl charm. She finishes with a curtsy and offers her hand.

"But this quite the surprise, Reagan did not mention quite what to expect here.What exactly am I lookin' at all here gentlemen?" She motions to their surroundings and the masses.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-13, 10:18 AM
Vera- The entire room goes dead quiet. Whatever you just said, it has managed to surprise everyone. Once the momentary confusion subsides every single ghoul in the room bursts out in a fit of laughter, some falling to the ground clutching their sides. You manage to hear a chuckle from reagan.

The pirate-esque ghoul is the first to address you once the laughter subsides.
A-aye lass, the name's rook, pleased to meet'cha. I almost thought yer were serious for a minnit. Yer in the necropolis lass. The fabled "city of the dead". Although, as you can planly see, none of us are particularly dead.

The rest of the laughter dies down, as reagan and the pirate-ghoul begin to converse.

Rook-Hehehe, so you seem to have picked up a good one ron. What happen to the last one, fire? Acid? or impaling this time?

Reagan- Actually, she aided me in recovering my companion rhines. And is in no way obligated to remain under my employment. Although, that leads me to another issue. Unfortunately rhines had a bit of an incident, which unfortunately led to self compulsion. So im gonna need to talk to hatchet soon.

Lota- Dirt, dirt and dust. But that's just your life. It would seem that's always your life. Even here, in the NCR, you manage to find trouble. Los Angeles, now called "the L.A. Boneyard" thanks to the majority of the cities buildings only being skeletal frames of their former selves. Although this city is under the protection of the NCR, it is one of the most diverse, albeit dangerous, civilizaed communities around.

The Boneyard is home to a multitude of strange, or dangerous creatures. From the constantly warring gangs, to the deathclaw tribalists, the religious zealots, to the escaped slaves, and everything and everyone inbetween. Half-mutties, "lizards", and ghouls all manage to find home here. It would even be easy for an android to penetrate the ranks within the walls of the boneyard.

Unfortunately for you, it's another case of "write place, wrong time" when a rather drunk, rather surely human sees it fit to let loose a foul insult to what would happen to be the ONLY deathclaw in the bar. "The Rustic Canteen" as they call it, just another S***-hole is you ask me. You were minding your own buissness, when someone across the bar yelled out "Filthy lizards!". Unfortunately for you the only deathclaw in the bar happened to be nearest you, and increadibly hard of hearing. Without a moments notice the monster jumps up from it's seat, barring it's massive scythe-like claws, yellow teeth jagged and snapping in it's jaw as it speaks.

What did you sssssay meatbag?

You were now on the losing end of a deathclaw's anger. It's slimmy, raspy voice bubbling to the surface as it addresses you. The foul oder of it's carrion breath streaking across your nose.

Benejeseret
2009-11-13, 01:43 PM
Vera

"Ah," she even manages to catch the chuckle herself seeing a room full of Ghoul's in full giggles. Smiling, "Well in that case Reagan, do you need me for the next while or should we square up? Seems I have a city to explore once we're balanced our books."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-13, 01:46 PM
Vera- Naw naw, you go have fun. I figured what happened in the wastes was enough exsitment for you anyways. Im just gonna go see what I can go get done about rhines.

Reagan heads off past a few hallways and down some stairs.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-13, 02:54 PM
Guy searches the corpse of his newest kill, looking for anything useful. Then he gathers up some of the old army uniforms and loot, then heads back to check on his unconscious naked friend.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-13, 03:02 PM
Guy- You escape the base without raising any alarm, other then the damage currently done. If more mutants existed in that place they were sure to see the aftermath of your little expidition.

Regardless you head back into the wastes, low on ammo, and ready to find the naked hispanic man from before. However it has been easily an hour or so since you left him, and the sun is in full now. You come to where you left the man before, only to find nothing. A small trail of the greenish slime the man was covered in from before seems to trail off into the dirt to the west, however it only goes for a few yards.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-13, 03:16 PM
Guy shrugs, then heads back towards the bunker. Setting the pile of mini-guns next to the entrance he heads back inside and continues his search of the western door.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-13, 03:23 PM
Guy- You return to the rock outcropping from your first visit. You'd advance further, however a small platoon of mutants is standing at the entrance. Two weilding AK-47s, and the other one with what looks to be a belt loaded with an array of grenades.

They seem to have yet taken notice to you, despite the rather bulky amount of equipment you have. Listening closly you can hear their conversation.

They must hurry back. We run low on soilders.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-13, 10:29 PM
Guy props his gun up on the rock and takes aim at the grenade launcher wielding mutant, then squeezes the trigger several times sending several short bursts at them.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

Damage
[rollv15d10[/rollv]

[roll1]

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-13, 10:31 PM
oops

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-13, 10:42 PM
Guy- You stick your head out of your protection, setting up your gun just in time to catch the mutants off guard. This allows you to get a multitude of focused head shots which quickly downs the left-most mutant and the grenadier mutant. Unfortunately some of your rounds digs into the mutants munitions, exploding the entirety of the grenades in it's possession.

However the remaining mutant manages to escape the gun fire in time enough to rush to your position, and unleashe a focused concentration of rounds into your helmet. Amazingly enough non of the round pierce your skin, thanks to the helmets density, however a few welts form on your forhead.

(( -3% weapon condition, -10% armor condition, -1hp))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-13, 10:48 PM
Guy stands up, roaring in anger then holds down on the trigger sending a hail of bullets at the mutant.

Big Guns vs 46%
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Bozar 73%
Armor 89%
Helmet 79%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-13, 10:54 PM
Guy- The bozar strikes into the mutants chest directly. Almost every single round penetrating his thick hide and striking at his organs. The mutant lets out a roar before collapsing to the ground.

((-1% to Bozard condition. +150xp))

Frosty
2009-11-14, 01:58 AM
Lota- Dirt, dirt and dust. But that's just your life. It would seem that's always your life. Even here, in the NCR, you manage to find trouble. Los Angeles, now called "the L.A. Boneyard" thanks to the majority of the cities buildings only being skeletal frames of their former selves. Although this city is under the protection of the NCR, it is one of the most diverse, albeit dangerous, civilizaed communities around.

The Boneyard is home to a multitude of strange, or dangerous creatures. From the constantly warring gangs, to the deathclaw tribalists, the religious zealots, to the escaped slaves, and everything and everyone inbetween. Half-mutties, "lizards", and ghouls all manage to find home here. It would even be easy for an android to penetrate the ranks within the walls of the boneyard.

Unfortunately for you, it's another case of "write place, wrong time" when a rather drunk, rather surely human sees it fit to let loose a foul insult to what would happen to be the ONLY deathclaw in the bar. "The Rustic Canteen" as they call it, just another S***-hole is you ask me. You were minding your own buissness, when someone across the bar yelled out "Filthy lizards!". Unfortunately for you the only deathclaw in the bar happened to be nearest you, and increadibly hard of hearing. Without a moments notice the monster jumps up from it's seat, barring it's massive scythe-like claws, yellow teeth jagged and snapping in it's jaw as it speaks.

What did you sssssay meatbag?

You were now on the losing end of a deathclaw's anger. It's slimmy, raspy voice bubbling to the surface as it addresses you. The foul oder of it's carrion breath streaking across your nose.

Lota Simms, designation Fully Autonomous Assassin-001, had been trying to blend in within this bar, quiety nursing a drink (and converting the alcohol into energy). She had heard of racial tensions in these parts, and had hoped to explore L.A Boneyard in order to understand these tensions better. With the shout of "Filthy lizards" the room grows quiet except for the sound of the hissing deathclaw.

Lota's programmed skills has been mostly wiped, and only possesses a basic level of communicative skills. Still, she must try...for the sake of peace. Putting down her drink, she says in a loud voice, "EVERYBODY OUT!" She'll wait for a few seconds and then turn to the deathclaw with her best friendly yet serious face.

"I have said nothing. However, if you could tell me what has gotten you so angry, then perhaps I can assist you?"

[roll0] vs 26% speech.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:40 AM
Lota- Those who fear this event escalating leave, but others ignore your commands, and stay put to watch the show. You try to reason with the rather stupid "animal" however it seems reluctant to stand down. Whether this particular deathclaw just got a divorce, or laid off work, or what doesent matter, he seems more on edge then most of his kind. The racial slurs diden't really help that matter.

I don't think ssssssoo filthy bag of bonessss!!

The deathclaw hisses in your face as one of his claws reach backwards. He is about to swing at you when you hear the click of a gun being Cawked (sp?).

You can see behind the monster is some man in a plain brown, soft leather trench coat. The human male is sturdy looking, albeit a tad scrawny with dark black skin.

Touch her, lizard. Go on and try it

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:01 PM
Guy ejects the spent magazine and slides in another before searching the corpse for anything useful. Then he makes his way into the bunker with as much stealth as his large form allows.

Perception vs 5
[roll0]

Stealth vs 17%
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:04 PM
Guy- You find 2 AK-47's both of which seem on their last legs, probably ready to collapse into dustr after a couple shots.

Other then that you find nothing more of interest on the mutants.

(( 2 AK-47's, 5% condition. ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:07 PM
Guy proceeds to explore the complex through the western door, again trying to make his way as stealthy as possible.

Perception vs 5
[roll0]

Stealth vs 17%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:11 PM
Guy- You bound through the western pathway once more. finding that the destroyed robot and dead mutants from before are no longer here, most likely they have been disposed of somehow. You shortly come to a rather large, rather impressive computer room. It has roughly 6 terminals, all connected to a single super computer in the enter. At which a mutant in a white lab coat works. You manage to only poke your head around the corner, but the man still notices "something" and begins heading your way.

Who is there? Come out!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:14 PM
Guy steps out into the open, gun pointed at the muttie doc. "My name is Guy. What is this place?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:19 PM
Guy- The mutant see's your gun, and his eyes widen.

Fu*k...fu*k...fu*k. Settle down now. No need to be rash. Just calm down and I will explain everything. We are in an Ex- government sanctioned "cloning" lab. Which has, obviously, been turned to a new use. That's right... a reproduction plant. You see, you should know as well as I do that when a mutant is introduced to the F.E.V they not only lose a portion, if not all, of their memory. But also they become sterile. And we, as a perfect race, we require our livel hood. But I have said enough, now. If you would, please kindly gun me down so you can set off the alarm, and have the entire BASE at your ankles!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:25 PM
"You seem to be more rational then our brethren... So I take it this facility is the reason behind all the mutant attacks as of late, but that is for something we should leave for later discussion. I am looking for a human. His name is Buck Wildur, have you brought any humans here recently?" Guy lowers his gun, but is still wary of the situation.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:28 PM
Guy- My my my, very observent, yes. Unfortunately for you I wasent giving you a choice. You will kill me, or I will head to the control panel now and arm the turrets, and sound the alarm.

The mutant walks over to the center-most terminal, sliding a red key-card through.

And yes, we bring many "lesser beings" here each day. You should have remembered as much.

The mutant carries a wicked smile.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:31 PM
Guy unleashes a hail of bullets at the muttie doc.

Big Guns vs 55%
223 AP AC -15
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:35 PM
Guy- Your bozar lights up, a series of bullets scattering across the room. You manage to cause most of the terminals to explode, a few bullets catching the doctor. This one spray not only causes the room to be filled with fire and debris, but a single bullet manages to lodge itself into the doctors skull as well, dropping him to the ground.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:42 PM
Guy grabs the red key-card and swipes it again, attempting to disarm the turrets.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:49 PM
Guy- The key-card activates the terminal, however it requires more imput then that to manipulate it. (science check plz)

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-14, 11:51 PM
Science vs 17%

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-14, 11:57 PM
Guy-

Terminal X-

Defensive Systems-
Turrets: Deactivate, Targeting Priorities Set, Senory Systems Online
Robots: Deactivate Sectors 3,5,7. Activate Sectors 4,6. Pest Control Systems Inactive
Blast Doors-
Sectors Active 1,2. Sectors Inactive 3,4,5,6,7.
Vats-
50% output, F.E.V Production on Standby.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 12:01 AM
Guy attempts changing targeting priorities to robots and other super mutants.

Science vs 17%
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 12:11 AM
((Failure))

Frosty
2009-11-15, 12:22 AM
I don't think ssssssoo filthy bag of bonessss!!

The deathclaw hisses in your face as one of his claws reach backwards. He is about to swing at you when you hear the click of a gun being Cawked (sp?).

You can see behind the monster is some man in a plain brown, soft leather trench coat. The human male is sturdy looking, albeit a tad scrawny with dark black skin.

Touch her, lizard. Go on and try it

(the word is 'cocked' in this case)

She sees the black, tench-coated man with the gun, and she quickly tries to defuse the situation. "Stranger, I thank you for coming to my defense, but try not to raise tensions any more than they already are. Put the gun down please."

To the deathclaw, she goes, "Please do not be angry. Even though I did not insult you, if you must hurt someone, then just scratch me up a bit and then move on. There is no need for this to spread any further."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 12:35 AM
Lota- The man in the treanch coat speaks up. No no no. It's all good honey. You see, I have had enough of filthy little lizards like these. Now I suggest it puts away it's claws, and heads on back to it's little tribe before I pull the trigger.

Seeing the deathclaw do just that, giving you, Lota, a particularly spiteful look. The man puts away his gun, outreaching a rather lengthy, sliced up hand.

Names three dog. As I can see I won't be getting any better a reprieve here then back out at that raider camp. Can I buy you a drink good lookin?

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 12:46 AM
Guy decides his exploration is done for now, and heads back out of the complex towards Scrapheap.

Outdoorsman vs 46%
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 01:07 AM
Guy- You return to the town of scrapheap. The 30 or so trailers and 40 or so tents making up the town. You are greeted by a scrawny Asian male with a handgun staring you down. Obviously word hasent gotten around your a friend, and a warning shot is fired at your feet.

Hold!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 01:12 AM
Guy stops and stands there. "I mean you no harm. I was sent her from Junktown to get supplies, then this half mutant here told me the man i was to meet was gone. He sent me to find Buck Wildur, but i was unable to... And if you know whats good for you, you'd put that pistol down right now."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 01:16 AM
Guy- The man seems intimidated by your size, but his ferocity picks up when he hears your tone of voice.

Y-you better get on out of here muttie! While Fjord is out I am in charge of protection.

The man pulls out a palm-sized box with a big read button on it from his pocket.

If you don't go I will bring out the protectron!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 01:23 AM
"I just killed almost a dozen mutants trying to find your friend Buck, I'm not going anywhere until i get the supplies I require. Plus, if I was going to harm any of you, I would have already. Now be reasonable and let me see that half-mutant." Guy says calmly, trying to diffuse the tense situation.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 01:26 AM
Guy- How do you know Fjord? The asian man asked lowering his gun. Well whatever, the boss said specifically don't let any of those knuckle dragging mutties in here. So unless you have some PROOF your a friend here I don't want to see you take 2 more steps.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 01:29 AM
Guy ejects the magazine from his gun and holds both up trying to reassure the man. "How bout I wait right here and you can go get this Fjord person?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 01:34 AM
Guy- Wish I could, Can not. He went out hunting for some punk named guy about a day ago. Heard something about regulators in the area. Hell, with rumors like that even I don't wanna be out this late, but, what can you do.

The man notices your act of "peace" and changes his tone a bit.

Ya well, your obviously alot more intellegent then most mutties I met. I suppose your fine, try not to cause a ruckus though, im not gonna explain to EVERYONE in town why your here.

The asian man holsters his gun, keeping his finger close to the protectrons controls.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 01:40 AM
"My name is Guy. What are regulators? I believe my actions shall speak louder than my words could. So, where can i get some grub around here? I'm quite famished. Also, if you need my intimidating manner to keep the peace around here, or fend off some mutties, I'll be around until Fjord gets back. Oh, whats your name by the way?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 01:46 AM
Guy- Names Kon. And ya, we have something cooking on the spits. It smells like ghoul again, bleh.

The man leads you over there to get some of the less-then-savory irradiated flesh.

Frosty
2009-11-15, 03:45 AM
Lota- The man in the treanch coat speaks up. No no no. It's all good honey. You see, I have had enough of filthy little lizards like these. Now I suggest it puts away it's claws, and heads on back to it's little tribe before I pull the trigger.

Seeing the deathclaw do just that, giving you, Lota, a particularly spiteful look. The man puts away his gun, outreaching a rather lengthy, sliced up hand.

Names three dog. As I can see I won't be getting any better a reprieve here then back out at that raider camp. Can I buy you a drink good lookin?

The rather plain-looking Lota accesses her (damaged) data banks. There is a personality known as Three Dog, but something doesn't seem right. Taking the man's hand and giving it a shake, she says, "Thanks for the assist. Name's Lota. It looks like no one is getting hurt...for now. Are you the same Three-Dog from the DC area? He's kinda famous. As for the drink, I think I'll pass for now. We don't need anymore alcohol impairing judgdments right now." She gives him a smile.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 10:03 AM
Lota- "Three Dog" smiles, give a light chuckle.
The one and only, but keep it on a low profile if you will. If you haven't heard the radio broadcasts lately I let the brotherhood take over the GNR station while they finish mopping up the mutants. Let's just say, I got the feeling I could be doing alot more out in the wastes then back at that studio. Well that, and with D.C. almostentirely over run by mutants, I decided to cut and run while I was still safe.

The man takes out a small silver flask, and takes a quick gulp.

It's water, don't worry. So what's your story? And what was with the lizard?

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 05:47 PM
Guy heads over and sets all his loot down, then cuts himself a generous portion of meat. "So, any idea when Fjord will get back? I'd like to get back with those supplies soon. Its already been quite some time, they probably need those supplies."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 05:53 PM
Guy- Oh, your the one they hired in Junktown to go and nab their monthly supplies huh? Right, that little exchange of ours could have gone alot better. You'll have to forgive me, not many people are found of... Well... Your type.

The meat tastes rancid, and is more then obviously radioactive. However you don't feel any negative effects yet, other then a bit fatigued. However, meat is meat, and you need something in your gut.

Well, as for your little job, some stiff over from junktown already came by and nabbed up the supplies.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 07:16 PM
A look of surprise, then anger flashes across Guy's face. "What? Someone already got them? RAWRR! I'm going to have to have a talk with that human..."

Frosty
2009-11-15, 08:40 PM
Lota- "Three Dog" smiles, give a light chuckle.
The one and only, but keep it on a low profile if you will. If you haven't heard the radio broadcasts lately I let the brotherhood take over the GNR station while they finish mopping up the mutants. Let's just say, I got the feeling I could be doing alot more out in the wastes then back at that studio. Well that, and with D.C. almostentirely over run by mutants, I decided to cut and run while I was still safe.

The man takes out a small silver flask, and takes a quick gulp.

It's water, don't worry. So what's your story? And what was with the lizard?

Lota has her doubts about some trekking all the way here from the GNR station in the Capital wasteland, but she keeps it to herself for now. "I see. I had heard they already occupied the GNR to protect it even while you were broacasting. Your voice inspired many people, and the empty airwaves is a great loss."

She takes the proferred water. "Thank you. I'm just someone trying to make her way in the wasteland without having to resort to becoming an armed thug, if possible. As for the lizard, it had misheard and thought i had insulted it. It also has a short temper apparently. Thanks again for your help. I just hope the lizard won't grab some of its friends and come back to reash this place...or myself."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-15, 08:43 PM
Lota- The man seems to frown a bit when you mention the oddity behind his story of origin.

Ya well, like I said, I figured I could be doing alot more out here then back there. The capitol wastes are almost entirely overrun by mutants now, im surprised the brotherhood is strained to breaking point trying to manage it.

Ya, I have ran into plenty of those beasts before, they can be very short tempered. Especially the uneducated ones. Infact this is one of the few places I know with intellegent deathclaw.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 08:49 PM
Guy sits back down, "Sorry... Sometimes my temper gets the best of me." Guy lounges around the fire, putzing with the mini-guns, trying to make them in better working condition.

Repair vs 36%
[roll0]

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-15, 08:51 PM
forgot the d10 >.>

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-16, 10:45 AM
Guy- ((Your Minigun is repaired for 27% condition. Unless my count is off.))

Joshua- You've traveled the wastes doing what you could with your power and knowledge of medicine. However sometimes that just wasent enough. In a world set back so many years technologically, and more so socially, it was a wonder a ghoul doctor was managing to get by at all. However as long as a low profile was kept, those outside of the NCR, and in real need of your services, were proven to not complain.

You stand over her body, some young girl that you just couldent save. Another example of the horrible condition the world was in, when a simple disease coulden't be cured. As the child closed her eyes, and passed on you stood there, multiple things running through your head at once. However the family that was waiting around you, although striken with greif, showed no sign of hate towards you. A welcoming sight to be sure.

The citizens of Redding seem to be slightly more welcoming of outsiders then most, as long as you kept yourself useful. And with the constant Jet influence, and the mining accidents, it seems you will have no problem with that.

Wckd
2009-11-16, 01:14 PM
Joshua removes the stethoscope from his ears letting it dangle around his neck, or what is left of it at least. He lets out a *sigh* and slowly turn to face the girl's relatives. A sad expression has found it's way to Joshua's face as he starts talking:"Mr and Mrs Gonnovan I'm afraid it was too late. Little Gemma's lungs simply gave up, there wasn't anything I could do to save her. She has moved on, I'm sorry for your loss!"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-16, 03:55 PM
Joshua- The parents of little "gemma" are obviously distrot. Ms. Gonnovan begins breaking out in tear as the husband comforts her, pointing his hand for you to leave his house.

As you move into the rain swept mountain town of redding you hear the soft howel of some sort of animal, it sounds almost like a dog, but larger.

It's comming from the dead forested areas around redding, where it is rumored Yao-guai make their home.

Benejeseret
2009-11-16, 06:11 PM
Vera

"Alright Reagan. I'll catch you in awhile."

Turning to Rook, "Say now, don't suppose you have tour maps of this place available hmm?" She smiles and looks about, "Unless one of you gents cares to show me the sights."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-16, 06:22 PM
Vera- Rook gives your comment a chuckle before responding. No no, nothing of the sort. Not a very large town ot begin with. Most of the stuff on the surface is in ruins, and so far none of us have interest in moving up there while the sewer systems work just as well, and provide a stronger defense.

However I am willing to give you a quick tour if you want, don't want you wandering around and stubbing your toes in the darkness now do we?

The ghoul takes you to a quick break in the building with multiple hallways, a small light shines from a whole in the roof above. A sign post rests here which has multiple directions posted on it.

Where to first? The motel, The Hall of the Dead, or the Vault?

As for the watershed here, it's pretty self explanitory, this is where most of us live, sleep, and eat. It's also where we manage to pull up what water is still flowing from below and above ground with the water pump.

Benejeseret
2009-11-16, 09:47 PM
Vera

"Too kind Mr. Rook," Vera falls into step with him. "Let's start with the motel then and work our way to the others." With a slight pause she continues, "partly because I can't say I have the slightest clue about what the Hall of the Dead might be used for...or is it a spot of Ghouled humour?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-16, 10:06 PM
Vera- Hehe, humour, yeah. It has a practical name as well. It used to be a local church, but when the bombs fell... well you know the rest. We have been using as a sort of jail slash zoo slash lab. It's basically where anyone who fu*ks with us goes if we don't feel like killing them, and it's where all the feral ghouls are housed to keep them from screwing with the already run-down technology we have.

You and Rook set off to the "hotel", the name of which seems to have been forgotten, or intentionally shortened. You pass under a series of subteranian sewage passages, and maintenance tunnels until you come up into the basement of the "hotel".

A decade back this place was full of violent, mad, or just plain evil ghoul. Which unfortunately opted to work with mutants at one time. Luckily however most were gunned down, or captured and locked up in the hall of the dead. Now it's mostly where we do alot of our combat practice, or where some ghouls have set up shop. There may not be alot of us left here in the necropolis, but the watershed is still far to small for ALL of us to sleep in.

As rook leads you around you find a couple ghouls selling a variety of supplies perfect for wasteland survival. From Munitions, to Food stuffs, and alot of things in between.

You also manage to find a sort of "garage" in the hotel, which houses the necropolis's mechanical researches, and products. There seems to be only one active Mr. Gutsy inside, the rest are unfinished projects or scrap parts.

Wckd
2009-11-16, 11:35 PM
-Joshua Weston-

The ghoul starts walking towards the downtown area of Redding. First day in town, and they already start dying. Definitely a bad omen Joshua! As the howling reach his ears Joshua strengthens his grip around the doctor's bag where he keeps most of his stuff. His left hand finds it's way to his spasm gun located in it's holster at his waist. He wouldn't want to face anything without it! Joshua Weston, Stay alert! You'd better find someplace to stay for the night before that howlin' creature finds you! Joshua's feet lead him towards the Malamute Saloon where he hopes he can find a bed to sleep in, or perhaps a glass of slightly radiated rum to get his mind of things. Perhaps both if he is lucky.

HP: 30 of 30, AC: 21, AP: 9, SQ: 16, HR: 2, CC: 3%, PR: 30%, RR: Immune, ER: 6?%
DR(Explosion): 25, DR(Fire): 10, DR(Laser): 25, DR(Normal): 20, DR(Plasma): 25.
Ghoul Armor condition: 80%, Spasm Gun Condition: 80%, Ammo: 60 small energy cells.

Legend: *Emotional reactions*,Actions,"Speech",Thoughts.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-17, 12:48 AM
Jack- Junktown, as it's name implies... Is junk. Wreckage, to be exact. You heard rumors of a town built similarly off in the capitol wastes, megaton you believe it was called. Rumors is that place was blown up however. This town, however is a sad amalgamation of wreckage, ruin, and salvation. However it's one of the more prosperous communities within the wastelands. And being under NCR's thumb makes it all the more lucky, or unlucky, as the opinion might be.

Whatever riches awaits you in this town are for you to discover, the wastes at your finger tips, radiation at your toes, the world is yours to exploit.

A number of things catch your immediate attention amongst the crowed of caravaners currently in the center of town. Near a small shack that doubles as a food-stuffs market a rather scruffy looking elderly man with thick, long, unkempt hair is sputtering some nonsense about, "The EPA man, they got the stuff you need man! I can gaurentee it'll kick that Jet crap to the curb man!, a thick cloud of questionable smoke trailing from a joint he is smoking.

Another thing that catches your attention is the radio on some store-owners counter. It seems to be playing a message from the infamous "Galaxy News Rado" station. This has been a reminder from the Brotherhood, and from the GNR studios. The wastelands CAN survive, if only we all do our part.
After which the broadcast cuts off to some old "50s" music, which was rather famous back before the bombs fell.

Joshua- You head off to the Malamute Saloon to escape the rain and fear of the beasts in the dark. You are greeted by a shroud of thick tobacco smoke, the cheers of men in good health, and the rather unappealing gestures from "women for hire" well past their prime. You notice among the saloon the miners currently off duty partaking in a obvious redding hobby, jet abuse, and a mysteriously dressed male in a white pre-war buissness suit. The caucasian man seems to be eyeing you more then others through his dark sunglasses.

The bartender comes to you when you take a seat, chiming in with a voice like a bullfrog. What's yer poison?

Guy- You take your time at scrapheap, giving the rest of the 40 or so citizens a wide birth, and biding your time until Fjord comes back. And so he does, but the circumstances are less then favorable. You see the Bulky Half-muttie with the pale green skin walking over a hill near scrapheap. The giant of humans is carrying himself with what effort he can muster, his body obviously heavily damaged. As he enters town a small team of medicine men are setting to work on him, managing to at least stabilize him and have him in a semi-purified room. (assuming your going to visit him). Fjord wakes after about a week, the bullet wounds in his skull finally healed, most of his body generally bruised or scratched.

Frosty
2009-11-17, 01:15 AM
Lota- The man seems to frown a bit when you mention the oddity behind his story of origin.

Ya well, like I said, I figured I could be doing alot more out here then back there. The capitol wastes are almost entirely overrun by mutants now, im surprised the brotherhood is strained to breaking point trying to manage it.

Ya, I have ran into plenty of those beasts before, they can be very short tempered. Especially the uneducated ones. Infact this is one of the few places I know with intellegent deathclaw.

Letting the discrepancy slide for now, Lota proceeds to investigate what this infamous radio personality actually wants to accomplish out here. "Well, welcome to the western wastelands. Home to all sorts of refuse arguably worse than an army of supermutants. What specifically do you wish to accomplish here? If you want to set up a radio station here, I think it could do a lot of good."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-17, 01:20 AM
Lota- I Was thinking that, ya. But then I decided a more practical approach would be better. However I have yet to uncover any real information towards this "mutant war" that seems to be on the horizon. So for now im just wandering, doing what I can for the good people of the wastes, for the right price. Three dog gives a sly grin at that last remark.

Wckd
2009-11-17, 06:30 AM
-Joshua Weston-

Joshua lets out a short *sigh* before replying. It depresses him to see a community fond of jet. "For a depressed man some rum will do the trick. The clean stuff." He then waits half a second and then looks as if he had changed his mind, although he only said that so that the barkeep wouldn't tweak the price up when he asked for the radiated stuff. "No, save the expensive stuff. Some of the 'regular' cheap stuff will do just fine" Realizing that the last statement could be misunderstood Joshua corrects himself. "Erhm...Booze, not Jet." He then puts four caps on the table while waiting for the liquor. "Any chance that I can find a bed in here without companionship attached that is still available for the night?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-17, 11:02 AM
Joshua- The barkeep fixes your glass, doing so with a bit of show and flare. When it is ready he pushes the caps back on you.

No worries, it's on the house. As for the room, ya we got a few left, most the miners like to sleep near the mines, in their quarters, or the others who just pass out on the streets. The cheapest one I have is about 10 caps though. Take it or leave it.

Wckd
2009-11-17, 03:31 PM
Joshua- The barkeep fixes your glass, doing so with a bit of show and flare. When it is ready he pushes the caps back on you.

No worries, it's on the house. As for the room, ya we got a few left, most the miners like to sleep near the mines, in their quarters, or the others who just pass out on the streets. The cheapest one I have is about 10 caps though. Take it or leave it.

-Joshua Weston-

"Mighty kind of ya! I don't recon it is safe sleeping directly on the street tonight. Heard something howl not long before I came in here!" Joshua drinks a bit of the liquid that he has been served. "Ah. I'd better get that room!" 6 more caps find their way out of Joshua's pockets. "Say, what's the story about white suit over there? Doesn't look like he is a local, or at least not a local miner!"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-17, 04:18 PM
Joshua- The bartender looks to the person you mentioned. His voice lowers as if the subject was not a common one to be discussed. Can't say I know much about him. He keeps harrasing some of the miners who come in here, and some of the citizens. Guess he has some kind of job he needs done out in new reno. The only real thing I know is that people call him Mr. Burkes.

The man tosses a rusty old key your way, pointing at the door that obviously leads to your room.

Benejeseret
2009-11-17, 08:23 PM
Vera

Vera makes a pass through the vendors. She keeps her eye out for preserves and rations that would keep well on the trail. It might be nothing like the flashy old shops of Vegas, but some girls like to shop no matter the occasion.

As they walk, "Not sure that Hall of the Dead sounds like my kinda place. What of the Vault then, names not too descriptive." She wanders through the shops as they talk. When they pass near the training area she'll inquire, "Combat training you say. Don't suppose a gal could sign up for some practice lessons sometime during a stay?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-17, 08:57 PM
Vera- Rook seems to be inattentivly rambling about the history of Necropolis, and other useless facts up until you interupt him.

Ah the vault. Yeah vault 12 is what created our humble little community. And for lack of better knowledge, could very well be the birth place of the ghoul race. Then again, many will argue ghouls being anything but human, I personally think that's bull. Evolution makes a new creature, and in this case, that warrants the ghouls a seperate identity... Oh but, my apologise, I am ranting again. Vault twelve lies under the sewers of the necropolis, it was originally designed to never close. As horrible as a fact that may be, many, as myself, see the more positive side to that.

As for combat training, no one really teaches classes around you. Im sure you might find someone willing to teach you to hold a gun, or something, but really we just go and shoot at the rad roaches, or the occasional Feral that finds it's way around here. That, and we have a little arena where everyone likes to take out their aggression and depression on one another. I'm not so bad in a fist fight myself.

Frosty
2009-11-17, 09:27 PM
Lota- I Was thinking that, ya. But then I decided a more practical approach would be better. However I have yet to uncover any real information towards this "mutant war" that seems to be on the horizon. So for now im just wandering, doing what I can for the good people of the wastes, for the right price. Three dog gives a sly grin at that last remark.

For the right price? Three-dog has really changed from the radio personality I've come to know...either that or it might be something else. Clearing her through (or rather, making the sound that imitates that), she says, "That is good to hear. What good are you trying to do for the glorious LA boneyard? Breaking up barfights is good and all, but I'm sure the infamous Three-dog can do much more. Maybe I can even help."

RandomAction
2009-11-17, 11:13 PM
Jack- Junktown, as it's name implies... Is junk. Wreckage, to be exact. You heard rumors of a town built similarly off in the capitol wastes, megaton you believe it was called. Rumors is that place was blown up however. This town, however is a sad amalgamation of wreckage, ruin, and salvation. However it's one of the more prosperous communities within the wastelands. And being under NCR's thumb makes it all the more lucky, or unlucky, as the opinion might be.

Whatever riches awaits you in this town are for you to discover, the wastes at your finger tips, radiation at your toes, the world is yours to exploit.

A number of things catch your immediate attention amongst the crowed of caravaners currently in the center of town. Near a small shack that doubles as a food-stuffs market a rather scruffy looking elderly man with thick, long, unkempt hair is sputtering some nonsense about, "The EPA man, they got the stuff you need man! I can gaurentee it'll kick that Jet crap to the curb man!, a thick cloud of questionable smoke trailing from a joint he is smoking.

Another thing that catches your attention is the radio on some store-owners counter. It seems to be playing a message from the infamous "Galaxy News Rado" station. This has been a reminder from the Brotherhood, and from the GNR studios. The wastelands CAN survive, if only we all do our part.
After which the broadcast cuts off to some old "50s" music, which was rather famous back before the bombs fell.

Jack looks at the old guy and snickers. Seeing that he has possibly the only supply of non-radiated food in the town, Jack walks over and speaks to the old fart.
The EPA? Who in the wastes is that old timer? Nevermind, I could use some grub and a refill for my flask.
Glancing towards the caravaners, he leans over to whisper at the old guy.Hey, what's the deal here pops? Who's the leader of that bunch? You thinkin' they may need an extra guard or somethin'?

DMBlackhart
2009-11-18, 01:04 AM
Lota- Hehehe, I could ask you the same. Well, not in so many words though.

Three-dog takes a seat at the bar with you, continuing the conversation.

As for what, well anything in general that seems to help. Obviously I don't work for free though, it's tough getting by these days. However.. I do have a sort of job im working towards now. It's the reason im here in The Boneyard. You know those lizards? Of course you do, hehe. Well, I found a sweet little document wandering around some old building on the otherside of town.

He lays the document out for you to see, but constantly looks over his shoulder, and whispers everything he explains to you.

You see, they are the blueprints to the old warehouse where all those filthy lizards have built their little tribe. A cool little feature I noticed is that the control room has an emergency access tunnel that comes out from the sewers.

Jack- The innatentive old timer takes easily a full minute to even realise your talking to him. To which he replies, a puff of smoke escaping his lips,*Cough* The EPA man, they are the ones who have all the good eats man. And they got something better then jet out there man. See this stuff im using now? Waaay better man. It doesent mess you up like jet, and it's non addictive man. But ya.. Im sure you could find some grubs there, and I know from a story that that building had a water filtration system, might be worth looking into.

The man takes another deep inhale off his joint.

*Cough* But yeah man, *Cough* I dunno whats up with all these people man. They come into town once a month or so to sell stuff, and none of them seem to listen to me man. Hay man, I got an idea man. If I give you the directions, maybe you can bring me back some supplies from the old EPA building man? Sound like a plan man?

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-18, 01:55 AM
Guy waits patiently for Fjord's recovery. Then asks "Who did this to you? What happened?"

Frosty
2009-11-18, 02:10 AM
Lota looks over the blueprints. "And what exactly is in the control room that so interests us? I presume we can get into the control room via the sewers."

Wckd
2009-11-18, 03:15 AM
Joshua- The bartender looks to the person you mentioned. His voice lowers as if the subject was not a common one to be discussed. Can't say I know much about him. He keeps harrasing some of the miners who come in here, and some of the citizens. Guess he has some kind of job he needs done out in new reno. The only real thing I know is that people call him Mr. Burkes.

The man tosses a rusty old key your way, pointing at the door that obviously leads to your room.

"Alright, well thanks I guess." Joshua shifts the glass to his right hand and with his left hand he picks up his bag. He sets of towards his room, and as he passes Mr. Burkes on the way he stops. He lowers his voice as he says: "I hear you've been harassing the locals a bit! My question to you is why?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-18, 11:11 AM
Guy- Fjord comes to after some days of rest. You have been stuck here nearly a week waiting on his recovery, but it DOES come.

*gasp* Muh boy! Your alive... That's good. It was the regulators. It seems someone has a contract out on you. Not sure who, or why. But someone, somewhere knows of you, and apparently wants you dead. I suggest keeping a low profile.

Lota- Now now. Why spoil the surprise. Now, I can tell your interested so far, maybe you'd be willing to help me get to the control room. Then I would be persuaded to disguss this further. There is a tone in his voice. Either this three dog's personality had changed ALOT since his time at GNR, or something... suspicious, was up.

Joshua- The man, "mr. Burke" only hands off a folded letter to you as you walk by and whisper to him. It seems he either doesent have the time to talk to you, or wishes to keep a low profile.

Save and sound from the rain, and annoyances of the waste, you lay on your rented bed, reading burkes letter.

Letter:
To whom it may concern:

There is a job I need done. A contract, completed. I have reason to believe I have identified the leader of the "super mutants" and their "army". If there is any hope to stopping this war before it starts, we will need to act fast. If you have interest in taking this assignment, destroy this letter, and come to the outskirts of redding at midnight. Assuming your reading this, you know who to look for.

RandomAction
2009-11-18, 03:29 PM
Jack- The innatentive old timer takes easily a full minute to even realise your talking to him. To which he replies, a puff of smoke escaping his lips,*Cough* The EPA man, they are the ones who have all the good eats man. And they got something better then jet out there man. See this stuff im using now? Waaay better man. It doesent mess you up like jet, and it's non addictive man. But ya.. Im sure you could find some grubs there, and I know from a story that that building had a water filtration system, might be worth looking into.

The man takes another deep inhale off his joint.

*Cough* But yeah man, *Cough* I dunno whats up with all these people man. They come into town once a month or so to sell stuff, and none of them seem to listen to me man. Hay man, I got an idea man. If I give you the directions, maybe you can bring me back some supplies from the old EPA building man? Sound like a plan man?

Smiling, Jack looks back towards the old guy and lights himself a small joint he kept hid behind his ear. Jack then says,"Sure thing 'man'. Give me those directions, pops. How far away is this place? Does it glow at night? Could there be any people still there?

DMBlackhart
2009-11-18, 03:52 PM
Jack- The old man takes out a crudely drawn map of what you could assume was, or is, californa. The map shows a rather large X off to the north east. The old man taps this part of the parchment when he hands it to ya.

I woulden't know about people man. I know they were a fairly influential group at the time man. Maybe they had a bomb shelter or something man.

RandomAction
2009-11-18, 05:24 PM
Jack- The old man takes out a crudely drawn map of what you could assume was, or is, californa. The map shows a rather large X off to the north east. The old man taps this part of the parchment when he hands it to ya.

I woulden't know about people man. I know they were a fairly influential group at the time man. Maybe they had a bomb shelter or something man.

Hey pops, give me some supplies and I am off.

Jack waits until the old guy hears him, and points out some jerky and water. Sighing loudly, he turns to leave Junktown heading towards the X on the map.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-18, 08:27 PM
Jack- ((Roll Outdoorsman next time you travel the wastes. It helps with random encounters))

You saw it in sight almost a mile back, however it wasent until you were about 20 meters off that you rub your eyes, believing it to only be an illusion.

You see a 2 story building, foliage of a near- infinate variety escaping the windows, wrapping the building around it's sides, and in every other direction.

But it wasen't that that made your jaw drop. It was the 66 meter wide area of pavement that had turned into a litteral jungle. You could only assume this area in front of the building served as the parking lot, at a time. This is further supported by the red pickup truck that is over turned, multiple varieties of plants enveloping it, some that seem to move periodically.

The jungle is thick, and it seems the only accurate way in is through a small crawlspace about 10 meters away. Your not sure what lies within, and that's half the adventure.

RandomAction
2009-11-18, 09:36 PM
Jack- ((Roll Outdoorsman next time you travel the wastes. It helps with random encounters))

You saw it in sight almost a mile back, however it wasent until you were about 20 meters off that you rub your eyes, believing it to only be an illusion.

You see a 2 story building, foliage of a near- infinate variety escaping the windows, wrapping the building around it's sides, and in every other direction.

But it wasen't that that made your jaw drop. It was the 66 meter wide area of pavement that had turned into a litteral jungle. You could only assume this area in front of the building served as the parking lot, at a time. This is further supported by the red pickup truck that is over turned, multiple varieties of plants enveloping it, some that seem to move periodically.

The jungle is thick, and it seems the only accurate way in is through a small crawlspace about 10 meters away. Your not sure what lies within, and that's half the adventure.

((Oops sorry about that. I will keep it in mind.))
Well, what was this place I wonder. I do not like this, moving plants and unknown danger. Ha, I faced worse in the slums.
Moving closer to the crawl space, Jack looks around very carefully. He eyes the foliage, hoping that it moved only in his imagination. Cursing quietly, he kneels down and begins crawling throught the small opening.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-19, 01:12 AM
Jack- ((nother thing to note, make any and all rolls you want, such as piloting, outdoorsman, etc. In the same post your going to do an action linked to that skill. Obviously, if your sneaking, only list your Sneaking Percent and I will roll it secretly. Same with explosives for Explosive traps or outdoorsman for [Other] Traps))

You move through the crawl space, some thorns catching on your clothes, and more digging into your skin. However you manage to come out into the dimly lit parklot canopy. The jungle has a thick roof of vines, flowers, and the like blocking "most" of the sun. Making sight a bit more difficult then when you were in the wastes.

When you come into the parkinglot you see a number of things of interest. The first, is are the large, glass sliding doors about 60 meters from your position. This is no doubt the entrance to the "EPA" building. However it seems to be blocked by vines and other foliage. The other things to note, are the litterally 100s of exotic plants growing in this area. It's strange to see so many living plants have survived the bombs and radiation. The last, are that some of these plants, which resemble oversized venus-fly traps, seem to be moving, following you.

(Whats your Sequence?)

Frosty
2009-11-19, 03:47 AM
Lota- Now now. Why spoil the surprise. Now, I can tell your interested so far, maybe you'd be willing to help me get to the control room. Then I would be persuaded to disguss this further. There is a tone in his voice. Either this three dog's personality had changed ALOT since his time at GNR, or something... suspicious, was up.

"Mebbe...tell me why you're doing this first. You only help for the right price right? Who's paying you a buncha caps to do this? I might want to go chat them up as well...get a cut of the deal."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-19, 11:27 AM
Lota- Hmm, fair enough. But you'll have to come with me. My benefactor likes to lay low.

Assuming you follow him three dog heads out of the bar, and moves to and old abandoned library about 3 minutes from your position. Inside you can hear the echoing of your shoes. Lota's feet suprisingly much "heavier". The only other sounds in this place are those of a radio off in the distance playing classic ballroom music. after a moment of ducky around corners and behind shelves you come to something of a "secret grotto" in the library. Where there sits a single, clean cut, middle aged asian man.

Ah your back. The man says, with a stereotypical oriental accent. And you brought... Company? No matter. Do you need more supplies? Im running low, but I have some stuff that can he-

Three dog interupts before the man goes too far into detail.

No no, mister chen. My friend here, lota if I recall. Would like to talk to you. She seems eager to help our cause.

The man called "chen" stands from his tattered leather chair, and begins sizing you up. Hmm, I woulden't have pegged you as the type. But alright.

RandomAction
2009-11-19, 01:14 PM
Jack- ((nother thing to note, make any and all rolls you want, such as piloting, outdoorsman, etc. In the same post your going to do an action linked to that skill. Obviously, if your sneaking, only list your Sneaking Percent and I will roll it secretly. Same with explosives for Explosive traps or outdoorsman for [Other] Traps))

You move through the crawl space, some thorns catching on your clothes, and more digging into your skin. However you manage to come out into the dimly lit parklot canopy. The jungle has a thick roof of vines, flowers, and the like blocking "most" of the sun. Making sight a bit more difficult then when you were in the wastes.

When you come into the parkinglot you see a number of things of interest. The first, is are the large, glass sliding doors about 60 meters from your position. This is no doubt the entrance to the "EPA" building. However it seems to be blocked by vines and other foliage. The other things to note, are the litterally 100s of exotic plants growing in this area. It's strange to see so many living plants have survived the bombs and radiation. The last, are that some of these plants, which resemble oversized venus-fly traps, seem to be moving, following you.

(Whats your Sequence?)

(My sequence is 16.)

Jack curses loudly, as he stands, and takes aim at the closest of the fly-trappers. His finger squeezes the trigger in a short burst of fire.
Rolls:
36% small guns skill.
10 shot burst [roll0]

RandomAction
2009-11-19, 01:16 PM
Redoing those rolls.
10 shot burst.
1 [roll0]
2 [roll1]
3 [roll2]
4 [roll3]
5 [roll4]
6 [roll5]
7 [roll6]
8 [roll7]
9 [roll8]
10 [roll9]

I hope I did these right, is there an easier way to make them?

Benejeseret
2009-11-19, 06:38 PM
Vera

"Well, I might just hav'ta check out that arena of yours later." Vera finishes up her purchases around the stalls and crams the rations into her purse.

Lets say buying 20 caps worth of preserved rations (barter 38%). Just let me know what she finds.

As she does, she looks into the otherwise barren tote-bag, "But first this gals going to need some better financing. Don't suppose you lot have some jobs that need doing round these parts hmmm?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-19, 07:41 PM
Random Action-((I will let you do a little Re-posting for your damage before I continue combat. But it's {rollv}10d100{/rollv} For multiple rolls. "{" Being "[" obviously ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-19, 08:11 PM
"Do you think they followed you, Fjord? If so I think it'd be best if we both got out of here." Guy says, rather grimly.

RandomAction
2009-11-19, 10:32 PM
((Ok thanks there.))

Rolls:
[roll0]
I think that is right, tried the mulriple roll.
Ach got wrong. It didn't add in the +7 on each hit, but whichever roll hit just add the +7 for the damage.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-19, 11:00 PM
Jack- (( Does a 2 crit for you?))

Your gun lets out a few bangs as you initiate surpressive fire on the plant-like enemies.

The first of the plants is sliced to bits as the gun tears it's flowers loose, and rips holes through it's "mouth". The other plants rear back, and begin letting out a cloud of spores.

(( -2% to gun condition. Roll Gas resistance. Unless it's 0. :p)

Guy- Fjord sits up from his bed. And grabs the spear laying on the floor near you both. Agreed. It isent safe here. But I can't very well leave these people to te wastes. Do you have any suggestions?

Vera- (( Thanks to barter, you get 27 caps worth of rations. Which is almost nothing. :p))

Rations-

Blanco Mac and cheese x2.
Dirty water x4
Apples x3

Hmm, I have a small bit of work I need doing. But I have little to compensate with. There are some ferals stalking around in the 4th floor of the hotel. I managed to block them off with a roof "cave-in". So if you went after them you'd be stuck until they get cleared.

*ahem* there might be some other work to be done around here. I know leo is back from his last caravan run, he might be willing for a hired hand. And Reagan might still want help with that robot of his.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-19, 11:06 PM
"Well, theres always stand and fight, but thats not to great of an option... We could take the fight to them. Seek them out and ambush them. Thats our options as I see 'em."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-19, 11:08 PM
Guy- Then so be it brother. Here, take this key to the weapons vault, and grab some ammo. I can lead you to where they attacked me. Then we hunt from there.

Fjord hands off a key to you. And tells you where the subteranian weapons vault is hidden.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-19, 11:10 PM
Guy takes the key and makes his way to the armory. Opening it up, he thinks to himself, "Wonder what we're gonna find here. This place ain't much."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-19, 11:22 PM
EDIT- ((equipment is at 70%))

Guy- You step down through the hidden trap door and into the darkness of the weapons vault. A single light miraculously still functioning illuminates the pre-war bomb shelter. It's shelves are relitivly bare, but some equipment can be found.

Lootz-

-Sledgehammer

Min. ST: 6 W: 12 lbs. Dmg: 3d4 + MD Rng:
2 AP S: 4 T: 5

-Composite Hunting Crossbow

Min. ST: 4 W: 12 lbs. DMG: +6 Rng: 70 AP
S: 4 T: 5

-Winchester 12-Guage Shotgun (Widowmaker)

Min ST: 4 W: 5 Dmg: +12 Rng: 14 AP S: 5

-30 .223 rounds

-10 Bolts

- 1 box of abraxo cleaning product.

-2 land mines.
T: 6

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-20, 12:08 AM
Guy comes back from the armory, having taken everything he found there. "I got some armor you can wear, Fjord. Got a couple suits from my little endevour. Kinda beat up, but I think I can get you a decent suit out of all of, 'em given a little time."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-20, 12:27 AM
Guy- No thankyou. I fight free and unencumbered. Now, if your ready to go we must hunt them now, before they find us.

Fjord grabs the spear and runs out of the trailer into the wastes.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-20, 12:28 AM
"I like your style." Guy says dropping everything but his implements of death and takes off after Fjord.

Benejeseret
2009-11-20, 12:30 PM
Vera

The lass keeps quite a moment as she ponders. Her left hand absently cups her purse. With a sigh, she tucks it away, "Alrighty Rook, I'm not saying I'll do those Ferals, but I'll consider it. First I want ta check in with Reagan and may as well meet this Leo too."

She makes her way over to the garage in search of Reagan.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-20, 12:42 PM
Guy- You and fjord treck through the wastes. Despite Fjords battle hungry and blood thirsty behavoir towards combat he remains considerably quiet as you track down his assailents. It's obviously been easily a week since the encounter, but even in the wastes that barely any time at all.

You both come to an open space of wasteland where the only thing that stands out is the massive splotches of red across the area. Blood. No doubt from his previous battle, just as well whatever bodies were there at the time must have been removed.Most of it's mine.

Fjord turns to you, looking to you to lead. Im not the best tracker in the wastes. So you will have to lead us from here.

Vera- You venture around the necropolis. More accurately the waterworks, until finally you come to an area roughly a quarter mile underground. In a small room in one of the darkest areas of the necropolis' water works, you find reagan. He is speaking with what would appear to be a human. Non-irradiated. The man is wearing rags like so many other wastelanders. Before you walk in you over hear some segments of their conversation.

- With all that I might be able to do something about all this. Now don't forget our deal.

As you enter reagan greets you with a warm smile and a handshake.

Welcome once more vera. I'd like you to meet my brother, lucian.

To which the human stands and presents his hand.

Benejeseret
2009-11-20, 01:11 PM
Vera

"A pleasure," she takes his hand in a curtsy. "Your, brother, Reagan here has quite the reputation it seems. Surprised any relatives have survived so long around him."

She smiles and turns the the Ghoul, "I've been poking round this settlement of yours for some work. Might stay a few days if possible. You have anything needin' to get done while we're here?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-20, 02:00 PM
Vera- Reagan seems rather enthusiastic at your offer.
Actually yes. There are some supplie I need if you'd be willing to step out into the streets of necropolis. A bit of a warning though, careful of the radroaches. They get pretty territorial.

Reagan, if he see's your willing ot help with this project, hands you a list.

Le' Liste`-

-Any metal you can find or carry. (Scrap metal.)
-Memory chip(s). (one will suffice.)
-Robotic Sensor.
-Treads.
-Bleach
-Amonia
-Rad X and Rad Aways (As many as you can find. )
-A book title "The Cure" Published 1932.

Frosty
2009-11-20, 07:20 PM
Lota- Hmm, fair enough. But you'll have to come with me. My benefactor likes to lay low.

Assuming you follow him three dog heads out of the bar, and moves to and old abandoned library about 3 minutes from your position. Inside you can hear the echoing of your shoes. Lota's feet suprisingly much "heavier". The only other sounds in this place are those of a radio off in the distance playing classic ballroom music. after a moment of ducky around corners and behind shelves you come to something of a "secret grotto" in the library. Where there sits a single, clean cut, middle aged asian man.

Ah your back. The man says, with a stereotypical oriental accent. And you brought... Company? No matter. Do you need more supplies? Im running low, but I have some stuff that can he-

Three dog interupts before the man goes too far into detail.

No no, mister chen. My friend here, lota if I recall. Would like to talk to you. She seems eager to help our cause.

The man called "chen" stands from his tattered leather chair, and begins sizing you up. Hmm, I woulden't have pegged you as the type. But alright.

Lota was not designed with cultural assimilation and blending as its top priority, but the event that screwed up its circuitry and memorybanks and objectives managed to give it a new ability...the ability to learn the social adaptability of humans...albeit it has a bit of catching up to do.

The robot does her best to look like she's interested. "Well, I'm very thankful for the famous Three-dog coming to my rescue. I hear that Three-dog is being paid to do some good works in the wastes, and I figure why not try to help out...if the cause and price is right?"

Benejeseret
2009-11-20, 10:16 PM
Vera

Vera glances down the list and tucks it away. "Works for me boss, I'll drop by when I can. You good Lucien? If a gals out shoppin' fer parts anyway, any five finger discounts you interested in?"

After Lucien's answer (if he has anything needing doing) Vera slips excuses herself and makes her way through the warrens seeking out this Leo. She stops in from shop to shop checking directions.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-20, 10:57 PM
Guy nods and takes a look around, looking for signs of which way they went.

I assume its outdoorsman for tracking.
Outdoorsman vs 46%
[roll0]

RandomAction
2009-11-20, 11:52 PM
Jack- (( Does a 2 crit for you?))

Your gun lets out a few bangs as you initiate surpressive fire on the plant-like enemies.

The first of the plants is sliced to bits as the gun tears it's flowers loose, and rips holes through it's "mouth". The other plants rear back, and begin letting out a cloud of spores.

(( -2% to gun condition. Roll Gas resistance. Unless it's 0. :p)

((Yeah, 2% crit chance. No gas resist,:smalleek:
Waiting to see what happens before I go.))

DMBlackhart
2009-11-21, 01:31 AM
Lota- Chen gives a sly smile as he answers you. Very good. Then I suppose you will be wanting a cut of it? Fine, how about 100 caps?. Thats about what he is getting.

Guy- You and Fjord quickly pick up the trail, treking through the wastelands. A day goes by, which then leads to night, when you come to the outskirts of a sort of caravan gathering. You see 2 trucks, a wagon, and a pack brahmin all in the area. Each piled with different sorts of supplies or goods. Around the fire in the middle are 2 men is exceptionally good armor. Although simple metal it seems to be cared for better then most things in the waste. Other then them you find a man in a brown duster and 10-gallon hat. These 3 men and the 2 obvious raiders are all conversing in the clearing.

Armored Men " And im telling you, we get 80% of anything you earn. Or else you can meet the buissness end of my rifle

Raiders "Now now, I am sure we can come to a better deal then this, surely-

Armored Men "Enough, either you take it, or you leave it.

Trader w/ duster "Settle down you two. Don't forget what's at stake here. If you don't want your bosses reputation ruined then I suggest you cool down, and make this arrangement a little more... lucrative.

(( Any rolls you wanna make for skills and such, do so now, and list Sequence))

Vera- You bid reagan and his human brother farewell as you head through the Hotel and the Waterworks of Necropolis to hunt down this "leo". It takes you no more then an hour to find him hiding behind some trash cans aiming his "beat up ol' hunting rifle" at a radroach digging through some trash.

With an ear-splitting BANG you hear the gun go off. The radroach, unscathed, scurries off to find food elsewhere.

Damn, point blank and I STILL missed. Oh, h-hay there. Diden't notice you. Need a cigg?

Leo hands you a ciggerate. The ghoul is exceptionally harry for his kind. He has roughly the amount of hair as a lion does on it's mane. However all the hair is growing on his arms and head. The rest of him is bare.

Jack- (right, so 0... Ouch)

The gas quickly pumps into your lungs. You clasp your hands around your mouth to resist the effects, but it is too late. Quickly the world spins around you. And as your vision blurs, the roof begins to become the floor, and the walls twist and turn. Finally you black out.

An undetermined amount of time later you awake in what could only be described as a one-man freezer. However it has a glass door, so you can see the outside. Unfortunatelty for you, what is outside doesent cheer you up any. You see a lone ghoul with a dirty white lab coat. The coat seems to be covered with blood, and some sort of green fluid. The man is diligantly working at a desk with some chemicals.

RandomAction
2009-11-21, 12:36 PM
Jack- (right, so 0... Ouch)

The gas quickly pumps into your lungs. You clasp your hands around your mouth to resist the effects, but it is too late. Quickly the world spins around you. And as your vision blurs, the roof begins to become the floor, and the walls twist and turn. Finally you black out.

An undetermined amount of time later you awake in what could only be described as a one-man freezer. However it has a glass door, so you can see the outside. Unfortunatelty for you, what is outside doesent cheer you up any. You see a lone ghoul with a dirty white lab coat. The coat seems to be covered with blood, and some sort of green fluid. The man is diligantly working at a desk with some chemicals.

'Ooooo, I feel like I had 3 rounds of King's* brahman-ball beer.'
Blinking serveral times, Jack checks for his weapons and arms himself with his SMG(if possible.). He then quietly looks to see if he is bound or locked in. If not Jack smiles and opens the glass door and tries to quietly sneak up on the guy, holding the gun on him.
Stealth: 36%
* - being the back up character I am thinking of making. Had the idea of the gang's name/rankings being based on hands of cards.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-21, 02:41 PM
Jack- You notice your equipment is indeed missing. However, on the bright side, whoever your captive was they seem to have made the amature mistake of leaving your cell unlocked. You open the doorway. Although you find to your dismay that the heavy glass door creaks loudly as you push it. By the time the door is open the ghoul is already turning to you. A pistol in his hand.

Please do not make me have to spoil another subject.

Your eyes dart around the lab. Among the terminals, science equipment, files, and other interesting looking items in the room you happen to notice a lone footlocker about a foot from the ghoul-doctor.

Benejeseret
2009-11-21, 03:33 PM
Vera

She takes a drag as it lights up. "Much obliged, say now, you wouldn't happen to Leo now would ya?" Vera keeps the cig perched between two fingers, using it to point back to the watershed as she talks, "Some of the old boys back in the shed mentioned you might have some work that needs doing. Seems I'm goinna be round these parts a few days and wonderin' if you have the goods to afford some help?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-21, 05:28 PM
Vera- The ghoul sits down, on all fours akin to that of a dog. And begins absentmindedly scratching behind his head with his leg.

As a matter of fact I do. You see I go out to this MAGNIFICANT place a fair bit south of here. Actually it's a pretty long trip. It'll probably take a few days both ways. But it is truely a beautiful sight. It's where I get all my supplies which I trade to all these stiffs. If your looking to tag along im heading out there in the morning. I just decided to take the day off, practise my markmenship.

RandomAction
2009-11-22, 12:08 AM
Jack- You notice your equipment is indeed missing. However, on the bright side, whoever your captive was they seem to have made the amature mistake of leaving your cell unlocked. You open the doorway. Although you find to your dismay that the heavy glass door creaks loudly as you push it. By the time the door is open the ghoul is already turning to you. A pistol in his hand.

Please do not make me have to spoil another subject.

Your eyes dart around the lab. Among the terminals, science equipment, files, and other interesting looking items in the room you happen to notice a lone footlocker about a foot from the ghoul-doctor.

Jack slowly raises his hands. He begins to cautiously walk away from the machine.
Listen pal, just answer me a few questions first. Where am I? Who are you? And what are you wanting to do to me?

((Can I look to see what kind of weapon he is carrying? How far away is he?))

DMBlackhart
2009-11-22, 01:58 AM
Jack- (( about 3 meters))

You see a poorly crafted "home made" pistol in his hand. It quivers a bit as he aims it at you, but with the short range a miss is unlikely.

((Zip Gun, if your wondering what a "home made" pistol is))

Frosty
2009-11-22, 04:39 PM
100 caps would buy her two more repair kits...and she can use all the kits she can get. "Well, that depends...on exactly what the job is. The price depends on the difficulty and hazards involved right?"

RandomAction
2009-11-22, 08:13 PM
Jack- (( about 3 meters))

You see a poorly crafted "home made" pistol in his hand. It quivers a bit as he aims it at you, but with the short range a miss is unlikely.

((Zip Gun, if your wondering what a "home made" pistol is))

Hoping that the scientist has a better chance of shooting himself, Jack lowers his hands and begins walking towards the guy, angling his approach towards the chest.

Let me be honest here, chum. I am not some-body's science fair project project. I came here looking for the EPA and some of the fine 'stuff'. However, since you only have one shot with that before I stuff your head up your arse, then maybe we could help each other.

Jack waits for an answer.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-22, 09:16 PM
Lota- Mr. "Chen" runs you through the plan. Seeming rather surprised that "three dog" had not done so yet.

Well, he already mentioned the warehouse yes? The one where all those filthty lizards reside? Well, I personally do not wish to live in a world where feral beasts like that not only have rights but exist at all. So I hired The charming Radio Persona here to help me wit ha little "population control".

I am sure Three Dog will be happy to advise you further. But in it's most basic esscence, the operation is to gas those filthy deathclaw. So, about 100 caps then?

Jack- As you advance towards the man the trigger is pulled, and the sound of gun powder igniting fills the room. Unfortunately, for the ghoul at least, the makeshift gun imploded in his hand. Crippling his right hand and knocking him to the floor.

Grah! You son of an obscenity!

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-22, 10:47 PM
"I say we wait until they are asleep. Then execute them like animals in their sleep." says Guy, whispering to Fjord.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-22, 10:50 PM
Guy- Fjord "Hrm. Fine, but we will have to watch them in turns.

Fjord moves as quietly as he can, and sits down behind a rock, closing his eyes.

You get the first one.

( stealth roll, and if you want any others, roll them too. ))

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-22, 10:52 PM
I believe my armor is -15% stealth soooo...
Stealth vs 2%
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-22, 10:55 PM
Guy- Just as Fjord takes his place behind a rather small boulder you hear the shouts of, "Everyone! Intruders! Prepare yourselves.

( you and Fjord get the first go. So list your Sequence then take your first turn )

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-22, 11:02 PM
Guy braces his gun up on the rock, crouching down keeping as little of himself exposed as possible. He takes aim at one of the armored men and sends a dozen(+3) lead cookies his way.

Sequence 10

Big Guns vs 55%
[roll0]

Damage (76%, DR -10 from bullets)
See below +25

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-22, 11:04 PM
dang typos....

[roll0]

RandomAction
2009-11-23, 12:08 AM
Jack- As you advance towards the man the trigger is pulled, and the sound of gun powder igniting fills the room. Unfortunately, for the ghoul at least, the makeshift gun imploded in his hand. Crippling his right hand and knocking him to the floor.

Grah! You son of an obscenity!

Jack rushes over to the wounded ghoul and begins kicking him.

Rolls:
I do not know how many points it took to get to him, but here are some attacks against the wounded ghoul.
3 attacks: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] each should have a +1 for the melee damage from strength. Unarmed skill: 26%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 01:26 PM
Guy- A spray of lead emits from both sides of the battle field. However your fortune enough to drop one of the metal armored men before he can fire his gun. This leaves a single Armored man, two raiders, and the merchant. All of which have drawn their guns and begin firing.

Over the flare of battle you hear the war cry of Fjord. He rushes into the fray blindly, spear drawn. Just as Fjord takes his first swing at the remaining armored man, he is filled with lead as Ten Rounds dig straight into his chest. Amazingly enough Fjord remains standing, barely.

(( -5% Condition to your gun, Fjord took 32 damage. Your go guy, then Fjord's turn. ))

Jack- As the ghoul falls to the ground, and the smoke settles, you make your move. You begin beating the apparent scientist repeatedly. Each kick however seems to do little more then hit against his arms. Right after you begin your assault the ghoul manages to roll away and stand up once again, scrambling for a desk draw. In which you see him pull out another hand gun, much like the first.

RandomAction
2009-11-23, 02:11 PM
Jack- As the ghoul falls to the ground, and the smoke settles, you make your move. You begin beating the apparent scientist repeatedly. Each kick however seems to do little more then hit against his arms. Right after you begin your assault the ghoul manages to roll away and stand up once again, scrambling for a desk draw. In which you see him pull out another hand gun, much like the first.

Wincing at the sight of another gun, Jack moves closer and throws a few punches at smiley.
Rolls:
2 attacks: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +1 Melee damage

I am guessing he is two spaces away, so 1-2ap to move, 6ap to attack and designate the rest for AC.
Unarmed skill: 26%

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 02:30 PM
Jack- You advance on the ghoul, taking a swing, and another, and another. However your last punch is interupted by the bang of gunfire. The ghoul managed to catch you up close, and burry a bullet in your ribcage. Thankfully, it feels like it only hit bone, and muscle. No where vital. Despite the momentary shock your still able to move, just with a little effort.

After the shot the ghoul drops his gun, and begins backing away slowly, seeing the reaction on your face.

(( You did 5 damage to the ghoul scientist. The Ghouls Scientist critical hit for 20 damage on you ))

Benejeseret
2009-11-23, 06:51 PM
Vera

"Hmm, I'll have to check in with my contacts before signing up for a prolonged journey. Tell you what, I'll make some rounds and then check back in with you later tonight."

Vera exchanges info with Leo, finding out where he'll be staying later on, before making some rounds. She takes an extended route back to Reagan - taking the opportunity to explore the necropolis and scavenge for the parts on her list.

She picks her way slowly through the ruins. Soft steps stay to the shadows of buildings.

((ie. going scavenging through roach territory searching out the components on Reagan's list. Sneaking (sneak=32%) and staying alert (PE=5). She'll try to locate a factory for components ))

RandomAction
2009-11-23, 07:58 PM
Jack- You advance on the ghoul, taking a swing, and another, and another. However your last punch is interupted by the bang of gunfire. The ghoul managed to catch you up close, and burry a bullet in your ribcage. Thankfully, it feels like it only hit bone, and muscle. No where vital. Despite the momentary shock your still able to move, just with a little effort.

After the shot the ghoul drops his gun, and begins backing away slowly, seeing the reaction on your face.

(( You did 5 damage to the ghoul scientist. The Ghouls Scientist critical hit for 20 damage on you ))

"You slaggin' skin-dried brahman sack. Your gonna die!"
Jack steps closer to the ghouls and flails at him.
Rolls:
Hp: 12/32

3 attacks to be safe vs Skill: 26%
[roll0]
Damage(s):
[roll1] add +1 for Melee damage bonus.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 08:01 PM
Vera- You creep through the upper floors of the hotel, making sure to keep clear of the top floor, which houses those trapped ferals rook warned you of.

During your escavating you are forced to run and hide from a particularly nasty swarm of rad roaches. However you manage to keep out of danger for the rest of your quest. You manage to find a number of "useful" things either in draws, desks, under beds, or in trash cans.

Das Lootz-
2 Bottles of Bleach
16 oz of amonia
3 packs of Rad X
1 packet of Rad-Away
6 lbs worth of iron and steel scraps
1 Holotape Labeled "Laid Off"
2lbs worth of "meat". (( vaccum sealed. Although hardly fresh))
321 bottle caps ( in a folder labeled "My cap collection" )
1 pair of unspoiled prewar formal wear (female)

After a few hours you come to rest on a blood soaked bed in room "665". This room, like most, are run down and decaying. You look out the window as you take a quick rest. Looking around at the city of necropolis below you see the only thing that could possibly have the remainder of equipment on your list.

A big, burnt out neon light spells out, Nuka Cola Co.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 08:02 PM
Jack- One punch, then another, and a kick. You wail on the ghoul until you hear him try to force out speech under his moans of pain and tears.

S-stop. I-i-i'll talk!

Frosty
2009-11-23, 11:13 PM
Lota- Mr. "Chen" runs you through the plan. Seeming rather surprised that "three dog" had not done so yet.

Well, he already mentioned the warehouse yes? The one where all those filthty lizards reside? Well, I personally do not wish to live in a world where feral beasts like that not only have rights but exist at all. So I hired The charming Radio Persona here to help me wit ha little "population control".

I am sure Three Dog will be happy to advise you further. But in it's most basic esscence, the operation is to gas those filthy deathclaw. So, about 100 caps then?

Lota nods at Mr. Chen. "Sure. I'm in. 100 caps sounds fair if I don't actually have to fight one face to face. 50 up front and 50 upon completion? Three Dog, let's go over the details. I'm the kinda gal that likes planning the operation out. No mistakes."

DMBlackhart
2009-11-23, 11:44 PM
Lota- Three dog clears a near-by table of the trash, alchohol cans and bottles, ands dead animals. He lays down the blueprints that were shown to you previously.

Pointing out the route step by step, he goes through the basics of the plan so far, and laves room for you to comment.

Alright so, like I said before. We nee to get to the ventilation control room. From there I can rig the entire system to unleash a pest control drug that, unless im mistaken, should still be produced there. With this it won't outright kill them, obviously, but it will make them too weak to remain active. From there the good doctor here has some men on the side, or so he tells me, that are getting paid ALOT more then us to finish the job.

So, step 1. would be to break into the compound. Easy enough over here, and here.

He notes two different areas roughly 110 meters outside the building.

Those were emergency escape tunnels. I can't remember why they are there, probably incase of gas leaks or something. Now I have checked that area out thouroughly, none of the lizards have found these tunnels yet, making them our best bet.

Step 2. is where we actually earn our keep. Over here, we have to sneak along a series of catwalks, hopefully without attracting any attention. From there we should hit the administrators office. Which, if the blue prints are up to date, has a maintenance tunnel that leads straight to the ventilation control room.

Three dog notes all these areas with red ink on the black and blue paper.

Now step 3. is the hardest. After I have done some quick work with one of the doctors hacking tools, we should be able to set the systems to unleash the pest control chemical into the air ducts of the building. This is where things get hairy. Chen, unfortunately, informs me he hasen't been able to get ahold of any gas masks, and the air ducts WOULD be the quickest and easist way out of the building. The only problem is, it meens we will have to stomach some gas for about half a minute or so. I have a good feeling I can make the stretch, not sure about you though.

At the end, when all is disgussed, three dog folds up the map, and digs around under a near-by table for two AK-47's. He tosses you one, a smile on his face.

Just in case, right?

RandomAction
2009-11-24, 11:11 AM
Jack- One punch, then another, and a kick. You wail on the ghoul until you hear him try to force out speech under his moans of pain and tears.

S-stop. I-i-i'll talk!

Good, sit your gooey arse on the floor and start speaking.

While Jack is listening to the ghoul, he walks over and opens the trunk. Trying to keep one eye on o'lumpy, he looks through the trunk for anything of value.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 12:11 PM
Jack- The ghoul sits in a near-by fold out chair. Rubbing his sore limbs.
The names Morgon, and this IS the EPA. Well, whats left of it.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-24, 02:50 PM
Guy aims at the remaining armored man, squeezing the trigger he sends another hail of bullets.

Big Guns vs 55%
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage DR -10
[roll2]

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 04:28 PM
Guy- Lead sprays throughout the area, catching into the last armored man, knocking him to the ground in a pool of blood. Unfortunately the rest of the rounds that dident dig into the ground, or the mans chest, flew into the surronding combatants. Although you managed to cause the merchant to fall to the ground, a bullet caught in his leg; and you managed to strike one of the raiders dead, you unfortunately also struck Fjord... HARD.

Fjord lets out a roar, falling to the ground in a pool of blood. Now all you have left is a single raider, who runs for dear life at an amazing speed. You've only see wolves try this hard to escape from a fight.

(( 350xp, -15% to weapon condition ))

RandomAction
2009-11-24, 05:19 PM
Jack- The ghoul sits in a near-by fold out chair. Rubbing his sore limbs.
The names Morgon, and this IS the EPA. Well, whats left of it.

Morgon, I am sorry that I did that. Normally I am not so fist happy, but you gotta look at the way I saw it. So, here is a few questions for ya. What happened here, what was you trying to do to me, where am I and where is my stuff?

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 05:37 PM
Jack-

Bah, your personal items are in the footlocker by my desk. As for "what" isent really any of your concern. If your so interested in my work however, I have no room to object you at this moment, as violent a person as you are.

I have been here for what, 110 years now? Trying to find a cure for, well THIS!

The ghoul motions at himself.

I heard rumors, that there are more like myself. So I took what leads I could, and made my way here. At first I came here in search of an exotic plant which had a very powerful chemical in it I could use as the base for my research. As you can see, im making little progress. However I found I needed some MORE material. From others, unlike myself.

This is when he motions to you.

The ones that fail, which has been all so far, I keep in the freezer back there. They make for an edible food source for the time being. And now you come along, the only COMPETANT subject I have had and ruin it. Well whatever, you can leave if you want, I wont stop you, or help you.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-24, 06:40 PM
"Thats right! Run! Tell all your raider friends who your greatest foe is! Guy the Super Mutant! I shall be the death of you." Guy lets out a great roar, seething with his rage. "Fjord... My friend. I am sorry. Our foe is vanquished, rest. I shall not let harm come to Scrapheap, or anyone that calls it home."

Guy sets about searching his fallen foes for anything of use.

Benejeseret
2009-11-24, 06:45 PM
Vera

Vera starts packing up her haul in 665, taking a break as she finishes on the edge of the old bed. She turns the holotape over a few times to read the label.

I guess I never asked, but do we have pipboys or the like to actually play such tapes? If so, then she plays it as she rests as an aside, but otherwise she'll check back with Reagan to turn in what she has found to offload.

Maybe she can find a place to play the tape back in the watershed's garage or science quarter

With her purse and pockets sagging under the scrap, she heads back to Reagan. No sense haullin' junk around when he's right downstairs anyhow. Best make it quick though.

Vera checks in with Reagan. She hopes to still make the Nuka Cola trip within the hour, but she'll want to know when he's heading back out to the wastes in order to try and finish business before Leo sets out in the morning.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 07:09 PM
Guy- You lay Fjord out in a dignified position, resting his spear near his corpse.

Searching the other people you find a bounty of interesting equipment. Unfortunately the pack brahmin that was here had ran off, so you miss out on the merchants main stock.

LoOtz-

419 caps.
6 bottles of dirty water
and Ice Pick-Axe. (small)
Shovel
Crowbar

Casull Revolver- ST: 5 W: 6 lbs. Dmg: +7 Rng: 6 AP
S: 4 T: 5 B: N/A With 6 rounds of .44 ammunition

2 Thompson M1928 SMG- ST: 6 W: 12 lbs Dmg: +2 Rng: 32 AP
S: 5 T: 6 B: 6 Each Munitions drum is empty.

2 Flares
1 Pair of Rubber boots ( tight fit, but useable by mutants)
10 meters of Rope
1 Geiger Counter
1 ounce of "Red Gum".

Vera-

Only if you had one from your backstory. And unless im mistaken only vault dwellers or science types would have pip-boys. But if you can think of a good excuse I would say so. But I wouldent think vera would have one, since it was neglected to be mentioned and probably wont fit her flavor.

You head back down to the sub-levels of the Watershed. Only a floor off from the irradiated vault, you find reagan, and his brother still conversing.

As you return reagan's expression turns to surprise as he see's just how much gear your returned with.

I won't be heading back out anytime soon. Gotta get ol' rhines back up and running. Plus im still helping my bro with some crazy science experiment he has. By the way, the hunt looks like it went well.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-24, 09:55 PM
Guy gathers everything up and heads back to Scrapheap, sullen about the loss of his friends, yet hopeful about the future.

RandomAction
2009-11-24, 09:59 PM
Jack-

Bah, your personal items are in the footlocker by my desk. As for "what" isent really any of your concern. If your so interested in my work however, I have no room to object you at this moment, as violent a person as you are.

I have been here for what, 110 years now? Trying to find a cure for, well THIS!

The ghoul motions at himself.

I heard rumors, that there are more like myself. So I took what leads I could, and made my way here. At first I came here in search of an exotic plant which had a very powerful chemical in it I could use as the base for my research. As you can see, im making little progress. However I found I needed some MORE material. From others, unlike myself.

This is when he motions to you.

The ones that fail, which has been all so far, I keep in the freezer back there. They make for an edible food source for the time being. And now you come along, the only COMPETANT subject I have had and ruin it. Well whatever, you can leave if you want, I wont stop you, or help you.

Well, what does your work entail exactly? What would this 'experiment' do or have done to me?

Jack opens the box and takes his equipment. He quickly puts everything back in it's personal place. Glancing back to the ghoul, Jack thinks for a minute before saying,
Ya know Doc, if you would have asked first I may have been helpful to ya. But I tell you what, I may consider giving a sample for the right price.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 10:05 PM
Guy-

A heros welcome awaits you at scrapheap. You are greeted by a parade of flowers and music....

Or so you could hope. The people of scrapheap have little reason to have known the two of you left. But when you return under the glare of the evening sun the next day, many who look apon you see the melencholy in your eyes.

A heros welcome is not what you recieve, rather just a bunch of angry looks, and glares. Until finally one man, the asian man from before who worked as a gaurd for scrapheap, comes to you, inquiring about the were-abouts of Fjord.

Jack-

Hehe, hahaha. Right, volunter if you wish, but I doubt you can handle the experiments. Last I checked humans can only handle so much radiation posioning before they die.

But hay, if your foolish enough, I wont object. Hehehe.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-24, 10:07 PM
"We went to hunt the regulators that ambushed him, and he was killed during the fight..." says Guy, sadly.

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 10:32 PM
Guy-

Right. We all sort of assumed. I will go break the bad news. Things might turn sour soon, you might wanna go before too long.

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-24, 10:41 PM
"Right... Thanks for the warning. Guess I'll skeedaddle. Or would that make me look guilty?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-24, 11:10 PM
Guy-

The man gives a half sincere smile as he stands and prepares to head around the town.

Do you feel guilty?

Goblinsplitter
2009-11-24, 11:27 PM
"Only because it was my idea."

Frosty
2009-11-25, 12:50 AM
Lota- Three dog clears a near-by table of the trash, alchohol cans and bottles, ands dead animals. He lays down the blueprints that were shown to you previously.

Pointing out the route step by step, he goes through the basics of the plan so far, and laves room for you to comment.

Alright so, like I said before. We nee to get to the ventilation control room. From there I can rig the entire system to unleash a pest control drug that, unless im mistaken, should still be produced there. With this it won't outright kill them, obviously, but it will make them too weak to remain active. From there the good doctor here has some men on the side, or so he tells me, that are getting paid ALOT more then us to finish the job.

So, step 1. would be to break into the compound. Easy enough over here, and here.

He notes two different areas roughly 110 meters outside the building.

Those were emergency escape tunnels. I can't remember why they are there, probably incase of gas leaks or something. Now I have checked that area out thouroughly, none of the lizards have found these tunnels yet, making them our best bet.

Step 2. is where we actually earn our keep. Over here, we have to sneak along a series of catwalks, hopefully without attracting any attention. From there we should hit the administrators office. Which, if the blue prints are up to date, has a maintenance tunnel that leads straight to the ventilation control room.

Three dog notes all these areas with red ink on the black and blue paper.

Now step 3. is the hardest. After I have done some quick work with one of the doctors hacking tools, we should be able to set the systems to unleash the pest control chemical into the air ducts of the building. This is where things get hairy. Chen, unfortunately, informs me he hasen't been able to get ahold of any gas masks, and the air ducts WOULD be the quickest and easist way out of the building. The only problem is, it meens we will have to stomach some gas for about half a minute or so. I have a good feeling I can make the stretch, not sure about you though.

At the end, when all is disgussed, three dog folds up the map, and digs around under a near-by table for two AK-47's. He tosses you one, a smile on his face.

Just in case, right?

The robot doesn't seem to react to the gun until it is almost upon her, then she catches the AK-47 in one smooth motion. "Got ammo to go with that?" she asks matter-of-factly. As she takes apart the gun to check its condition, she comments, "The situation with the deathclaw about to attackme today...is that kind of thing common? If it is, how come the townsfolk haven't tried to do anything about it? Or the NCR government?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-25, 01:12 AM
Lota-

Ya, the drums full. I got a spare drum if you need it.

Three dog notes matter-of-factly as you check the gun over. The gun is in worn condition, obviously, but shouldent have any negative effects relative to so. ((93% Condition)).

Ya, hell despite what you know, the NCR doesent give a Brahmins 5th leg about the boneyard. Sure they send some peace keepers once in awhile, and they allow their merchants to come by here.

So no, no one does much about the deathclaw. Despite their tribalistic life style, and their rather aggresive behavoir they are sactioned however by most who interact with them. Apparently sentience is a rule for freedom these days.

Me and mr. chen, we happen to disagree.

Three dog finishes packing some supplies like rope and flares and the like.

Frosty
2009-11-25, 03:10 AM
The robot takes the spare drum and then puts the gun back together...quite well actually. Lota would be an expert marks-bot if it weren't for its fried sensors. "Well then, we should pick a time when most of the townsfolk will not know of our little adventure. When are we doing this? Mr. Chen will have to gather up his armed men and have them standing-by ready outside I presume? Do we get a radio to inform them once we have the gas released?"

RandomAction
2009-11-25, 10:41 AM
Jack-

Hehe, hahaha. Right, volunter if you wish, but I doubt you can handle the experiments. Last I checked humans can only handle so much radiation posioning before they die.

But hay, if your foolish enough, I wont object. Hehehe.

Ah, you didn't say that. Now knowing that you were going to rad me....
Jack smiles grimly as he raises his gun and cut loose a full auto burst on the guy.
Rolls:
Small guns: 36%
Burst - 5sp, [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +7 of each hit.

Benejeseret
2009-11-25, 11:53 AM
Vera

"Bit of a home base here then eh? Sounds good to me," she unloads her haul onto a nearby shelf. "In that case, I'm going ta be in an out a bit fetching some odd jobs about the place."

She turns to leave but then pauses, patting her purse. "Say, Lucien, since you seem handy enough with the hardware, what do you make of this?" She pulls out the holo-tape, "Any chance you have a player in amongst all this robo-scrap?"

DMBlackhart
2009-11-25, 10:17 PM
Vera-

The human brother takes the holotape from you, looking it over carefully.

Looks damaged, but I might be able to repair it when you return. If you come back in an hour or so I could have it ready to be played.

Jack-

The ghoul is pierced multiple times. Causing him to fall to the ground in a pool of blood.

The room around you is an interesting one. You find three tables full of materials and chemicals that the scientist has been experimenting with. However nothing in particular catches your eyes.

The only two exits of this room are the "dumb-waiter" on the west side of the room, and the open, empty elevator shaft to the north.

The elevator shaft could be navigated with some effort, but it'd deffinately be risky. As for the dumb-waiter it obviously only goes one direction.

Lota-

No no no, nothing like that. Mr. Chens men are already in place, or so he tells me. We jsut have to get our part done and then he can continue the operartion. I don't really get it all myself, I tend not to ask too many questions.

RandomAction
2009-11-25, 11:11 PM
Jack-

The ghoul is pierced multiple times. Causing him to fall to the ground in a pool of blood.

The room around you is an interesting one. You find three tables full of materials and chemicals that the scientist has been experimenting with. However nothing in particular catches your eyes.

The only two exits of this room are the "dumb-waiter" on the west side of the room, and the open, empty elevator shaft to the north.

The elevator shaft could be navigated with some effort, but it'd deffinately be risky. As for the dumb-waiter it obviously only goes one direction.

Cursing his luck, Jack walks over to the one-way-shot-to-hell. Opening the door to it, he sniffs before going in feet first.